Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 117 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TVMW5 BBS Bad Software - NO SUPPORT david@euro-pacific.com 5 2011-05-26 11:40:25
Question TVMW5 BBS TMPGEnd Video Mastering Works 5. Is it 64 Bit? latin_l3oi 5 2011-09-19 03:40:30
Question TVMW5 BBS Transcoding to HD quality jmcalifa 0 2011-04-22 04:08:47
Question TVMW5 BBS Xvid Encoding on Mastering Works GSH 1 2011-05-07 04:25:17
Question TAW4 Choppy .mp4 Video in 4.0.9.37 Fred 4 2011-05-03 04:49:19
Question TVMW5 BBS Avisynth.AVS Cut-Edit Display jerky davesocal 3 2011-05-07 03:34:04
Free talk TAW4 Using TAW4 with old miniDV camera Alex 4 2011-04-20 19:42:51
Question TE40 TMPGEnc 4.0 hangs with avi input Dave 0 2011-04-17 15:04:39
Question TAW4 Menu Information Needed Voyager 0 2011-04-15 21:02:33
Question TAW4 dts hd ch2727 1 2011-04-19 10:01:53
Question TAW4 User license in a new notebook Slfreire 1 2011-04-19 10:00:09
Question TE25 System crashes when using Tmpgenc free version Tedd 0 2011-04-12 13:55:41

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 117 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TVMW5 BBS - Bad Software - NO SUPPORT No.64604
david@euro-pacific.com  Home )  2011-04-23 02:51:50 ( ID:a8bxzhikpf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought this updgrade, but it does not work on Windows XP Pro. Wish they told me that before wasting my money. Now they have blocked the licence on my version 4 software and refuse to refund my money. A BIG RIP-OFF. DO NOT BUY.

ViperGeek  2011-04-26 12:53:06 ( ID:bbg2bsmmsrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's odd. I have TMPGEnc VMW5 installed on my 32-bit XP Pro laptop and it runs fine. Are you getting an error message during installation, startup or encoding?

Re: NO SUPPORT, this forum seems eerily lacking answers from TMPGEnc staff, and there hasn't been a software update since February. Did Pegasys drop support for this software?

- Dave

tkrave  2011-04-28 08:26:26 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe david is using a 64-bit version of Windows XP Pro, which is why it doesn't work for him. Apparently he didn't bother to download the trial or read the system requirements.

Regarding support, TMPG staff have never really had a presence here, which is why they specifically say that it's for users to communicate with other users.
Just because they haven't released an update since Feb doesn't mean they dropped support; that's actually an odd statement to me. Tons of updates would only mean that there are tons of bugs.

If you want support, USE THE SUPPORT CONTACT FORM. That's what it's for.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html
Most people get pretty fast results when they use the form.
Sorry for the CAPS, but for fuck's sake, I feel like I type this shit out way too often.

Anyway, I am guessing an update is coming soon; an update was just released for the Japanese version on April 22nd.

tkrave  2011-04-28 08:33:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry ViperGeek, that wasn't meant to be directed entirely at you; I think I'm more irritated by this straight-from-the-90's BBS. How about a modern forum, Pegasys?? One that's easy to search, has Stickies for important information, and all the other nice stuff you see on EVERY.OTHER.FORUM??

ViperGeek  2011-04-30 04:33:07 ( ID:2qjnbmyzxhk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Sorry ViperGeek, that wasn't meant to be directed entirely at you; I think I'm more irritated by this straight-from-the-90's BBS. How about a modern forum, Pegasys?? One that's easy to search, has Stickies for important information, and all the other nice stuff you see on EVERY.OTHER.FORUM??

None taken. It's good to see you back, helping fellow VMW5 users with their issues. Frankly, your help was a primary reason I took the plunge and purchased the software in the first place!

A real vBulletin-like discussion forum /would/ be quite nice. Occasional presence by Pegasys -- as is typical in other product-based forums -- would also be welcome and appreciated. Not every question deserves it's own Support Ticket, and there's an economy of scale when posting answers on a public forum. One question with one answer posted here can save 100 similar questions posted privately via Support Ticket.

- Dave

David Calderwood  2011-05-26 11:40:25 ( ID:a8bxzhikpf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I already had Version 4 running on the system and was told by Pegasus that is was a direct upgrade for version 4. Now I'm told that it only works on 64bit with Windows 7, not XP PRO 64bit, even though the version 4 worked on 64bit. What I'm pissed off about is that now they have stopped my version 4 license and will not sell me a new license. They have said I need to upgrade my computer to Win 7. Not really a satisfactory solution. I am happy to pay for the license, but it seems that now that I bought the upgrade, I can't downgrade.

If I'm the only person in the world still using XP Pro 64bit, I'd be really surprised.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - TMPGEnd Video Mastering Works 5. Is it 64 Bit? No.64603
latin_l3oi  2011-04-22 21:53:31 ( ID:gbbzlipw9c. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello I would like to know if there's a 64 Bit version of TMPGEnd Video Mastering Works 5?

I would like to know this, to see if it solves a problem I had with TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress.

Details with TMPGENc Support Team below:

My Issue:

> I get the error code: 0X8007000E: insufficient storage space or memory
> even though I have 8 GB of RAM on my system.

TMPGEnc Support:

> This error comes up if there was really not enough memory for
> the application. There is a limit, one application can use at
> least 2GB memory.
> Memory problem happens most by AVCHD but it can be used very much
> too by HD movies.
> Normally .m2ts files are so heavy and so difficult to handle.
> Not enough memory means XPress 4 uses only 2 GB.
> This is because XPress 4 is a 32 bit application.

david@euro-pacific.com  2011-04-23 02:54:09 ( ID:a8bxzhikpf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE - IT DOES NOT WORK ON 64 BIT SYSTEM. I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY AND THERE IS NO REFUND. THIS COMPANY STINKS!!!!

SUPPORT WAS USELESS. SAID THAT I SHOULD HAVE READ THE DISCLAIMER BEFORE UPGRADING. IT SAYS IT WORKS, BUT IT DOES NOT.

Moon Shadow  2011-04-24 12:07:30 ( ID:wxjhjkvto/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had this problem with a previous version of this software. It went away when i installed ver 5.05.32.

latin_l3oi  2011-04-25 14:25:04 ( ID:gbbzlipw9c. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I had this problem with a previous version of this software. It went away when i installed ver 5.05.32.

Oh ok, so TMPEnc Video Mastering Works 5 (v5.05.32.) solves the 0X8007000E: insufficient storage space or memory problem?

ViperGeek  2011-04-26 12:45:49 ( ID:bbg2bsmmsrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc VMW5 is a 32-bit application, but runs very well on my 8GB 64-bit Windows 7 system. My recommendation would be to download the trial and see if you can exceed the 4GB address space.

- Dave

Rafale  2011-09-19 03:40:30 ( ID:9wqsiuqzgm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry for you but the trial work very good when you buy it and use the retail version it's not the same music....
Some encoding who working in trial freeze in retail with the same original wtv file...no comment for the support...

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Transcoding to HD quality No.64600
jmcalifa  2011-04-22 04:08:47 ( ID:mlg51qgw6fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone give me specs on what would be good, quality HD video? I am transcoding loads of video, and have some clients wanting HD. Provide bitrate, size, etc..if possible. I have version 5

Thanks a bunch.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Xvid Encoding on Mastering Works No.64590
GSH  2011-04-20 06:14:43 ( ID:xw0tm/phjif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anybody give me some advice. I am attempting to encode Xvid avi files via Mastering Works but the file size remians constant at +-2500kbps, i have adjusted all the codec settings with regards to file size but theere is no change in the size, does anybody have some advice

davesocal  2011-05-07 04:25:17 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You didn't mention your output format.

However you might try using variable bit rate (VBR). Either way (CBR or VBR) use the settings page (click on the settings button next to the rate control mode pull down selection menu) to adjust your average bitrate down to where you want the file size to be. The settings are all under the "Format" tab located at the top of the page.

Question - TAW4 - Choppy .mp4 Video in 4.0.9.37 No.64583
Fred  2011-04-19 07:39:26 ( ID:kluhdccn91k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a setting (or known bug) in 4.0.9.37 that affects the smoothness of motion in .mp4 videos?

I'm a PC tech and I'm trying to assist one of my customers, who is using your TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4. They're trying to put together a DVD from a compilation of NTSC .mp4 videos of motorcar racing. We're finding that cars (and other moving objects) often appear choppy on DVDs produced by TMPGEnc (they're perfectly smooth when the .mp4s are viewed). This is most noticeable with non-HD .mp4s (i.e., 480p and lower resolutions).

That is, instead of smoothly moving across the screen (either moving left-to-right across the screen or traveling away from the camera), cars appear to be pausing a number of times along their travel for fractions of a second, similar to the way 240p videos (versus HD videos) often appear on youtube.

We have tried adjusting both the Bitrate to its maximum setting of 8000 as well as the 'Picture Quality' setting for the Track to 100% (default I believe was 90%), but these had no effect.

Rick0725  2011-04-20 23:20:50 ( ID:.qui0lgypoj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

for best results

you need to convert the MP4 video to separate audio and video files using authoring works 5 in the format necessary for either a DVD or blu ray. then smart rendor the combined files in authoring works 4 when you ouput the authored project.

There was an issue with authorong works 4 in regards to outputting the correct scan rates, I brought the issue up with the programmers and thought that issue was corrected in a previous version over a year ago.

Fred  2011-04-21 05:45:40 ( ID:kluhdccn91k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Rick, but I have an update:
She said the buzzing began after she upgraded TMPTEnc to 4.0.9.37. I'm not sure what version she had before, but she said it had a 2009 copyright on the entry screen.

Yesterday, I installed a trial copy of TMPGEnc 4 onto my own 64-bit Vista machine and produced a DVD with the same set of .mp4 files that produced the buzzing DVD on my customer's machine. The DVD made on my machine came out flawless! No buzzing at all.

Then, thinking that her program must've been damaged, I uninstalled the existing TMPGEnc 4.0.9.37 from her 32-bit XP Pro sp3 PC (with all current updates) and, then, installed the same trial copy that worked on my 64-bit Vista PC.

Unfortunately, same problem: beginning about 15:30 into the DVD, there's a loud buzzing in the left channel. I tried changing the order of the .mp4 or using a different set of .mp4s, but nothing helped. The buzzing always begins in the left channel around the same time (~15 minutes into the DVD, regardless of the content) and then spreads to both channels about 5 minutes later and continues throughout the remainder of the disc. I checked the audio tracks of all the .mp4s and none are clipped or in any out of the ordinary.

Thinking the problem might be related to the .mp4 driver TMPGEnc now uses, I went into the Track Settings and overrode the default Audio settings, changing the default Stream Format from "Dolby Digital" to "MPEG-1 Audio Layer II" and burned another DVD. No buzzing!

So, to sum up: the buzzing occurs 15 minutes into the movie and only with DVDs made with "Dolby Digital" audio tracks on an XP Pro machine. No problem with the same configuration on a 64-bit Vista machine.

Is there a known incompatibility or bug with the .mp4 sound driver in recent versions of TMPGEnc?

Fred  2011-04-21 05:50:00 ( ID:kluhdccn91k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just to clarify, this comment from my previous post references my customer's XP Pro machine (not my 64-bit Vista machine):

>Thinking the problem might be related to the .mp4 driver TMPGEnc now uses, I went into the Track Settings and overrode the default Audio settings, changing the default Stream Format from "Dolby Digital" to "MPEG-1 Audio Layer II" and burned another DVD. No buzzing!

tkrave  2011-05-03 04:49:19 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried the latest version? 4.0.9.37 is from over a year ago. There have been about 4 revisions since then. Not sure if it will fix your problem but it's worth a shot.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/taw4.html

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Avisynth.AVS Cut-Edit Display jerky No.64578
davesocal  2011-04-18 07:11:34 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc Master Works 5 v5.0.5.32
When I use an avisynth.avs file as an input source (S-Definition mpeg2 video) the display playback in the cut-edit page is very jerky, stop-and-go, making sync issues, or anything, impossible to view.

Playing the same avisynth.avs video file in TMPGEnc XPress 4.0 gives a smooth playback and I can easily see if the audio is in sync or not.

I'm having these problems since I upgraded my computer motherboard and video to Intel-DG45ID w/Q8400-Core2Quad 2.66GHz processor, 4GB memory and an ASUS ENGT240 NVIDIA (CUDA 2.63) PCI express video card (1GB DDR3 VRAM).

I have CUDA enabled (turning it off makes no difference).

My old motherboard HP-Intel-G915 Express chipset/P4 3.0GHz processor, with integrated video and audio did not have this problem.

Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Many Thanks :)

Moon Shadow  2011-04-24 12:22:01 ( ID:wxjhjkvto/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you keep the old installation and replace the hardware or did you reinstall the everything including the operating system? If you just replaced the hardware and kept the old install, make sure that the previous video, chipset and audio drivers are removed and then install the new ones, including any specific software the old hardware, example would be the old audio equalizer or motherboard monitoring software. If your new hardware is dramatically different than the old, such as a different processor manufacturer, then you should do a clean installation if possible (I know, a royal pain).

Moon Shadow  2011-04-24 12:26:51 ( ID:wxjhjkvto/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see you did stay with Intel for the CPU but it may not see all the processor cores without reinstalling the operating system or at least a repair install and if it sees only one CPU core then it is running at 1/4 of your computing power.

davesocal  2011-05-07 03:34:04 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the suggestions.

I look in preferrences under CPU/GPU and see all the following enabled:
Enable MMX, Enable MMX-2, Enable SSE, Enable SSE2, Enable SSE3, Enable SSSE3,
Enable SSE4.

Also shows:
Physical CPu: 1
Core: 4
Logical CPU: 4

Other items are greyed out.

Any one know of any settings that need to be changed?

thx :)

Free talk - TAW4 - Using TAW4 with old miniDV camera No.64576
Alex  2011-04-17 19:12:50 ( ID:cbwlcrtzgca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A few years ago I used to use TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc DVD Author to process mini DV tapes from my (elderly) JVC DV3000 camcorder. The procedure was capture tape content via DV (Firewire) port with Windows Movie maker, export from WMM as AVI, process AVI in TMPGEnc to get m2v and wav files, then process these files in TMPGEnc DVD Author. Always worked reliably, and still does on my XP PC that presently resides in my garage. But slower than hell.

Now have a fairly fast Win 7 64-bit PC with working firewire port and would like to use this machine. One problem is that Windows Live Movie Maker doesn’t export AVI (why MS left this out beats me). So considering buying TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 but having read the spec several times it appears that it won’t work with my old miniDV tape camera.

Am I right in this? If so I guess I’ll have to dust off my old PC and work in the garage. It’s not worth buying a new camera just for the one project.

donp  2011-04-18 22:04:35 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check:
http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/video/articles/22658.aspx

Reads as though you can D/L and install an older version of Windows Movie Maker that runs on Win7 that might allow you to capture and export, if TMPGEnc and AW4 will not do it for you.

ccgoudie  2011-04-19 00:43:48 ( ID:3/z0k74zo2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe that camera records to Mpeg4 format, and I know AW4 will import
Mpeg4 files, though I've never used it straight from a camcorder (I use Avid Liquid as my import and editor). Just try it straight from the camcorder.

donp  2011-04-19 20:49:56 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The camcoprder came out in April 2002, and records DV (standard definition)format files on MiniDV tape. It would not be MPEG4.

Alex  2011-04-20 19:42:51 ( ID:cbwlcrtzgca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not sure how this works but if I use ‘Import from Device’ (JVC-3000) on Win Live Movie Maker and save, the resulting file is a good quality AVI, not a WMV as I expected.

Installed MM2.6 for Vista and it works OK on Win 7 except there isn't an 'Import from device' option. But since I now have the AVI generated from Live Movie Maker that's no problem. Thanks for help - much appreciated.

Question - TE40 - TMPGEnc 4.0 hangs with avi input No.64575
Dave  2011-04-17 15:04:39 ( ID:hrklfqgixnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress for over a year to recode video files. I've had no problems with avi files until I upgraded my DivX to the DivX Plus Player 8 and the associated DivX Plus Codec Pak. Now TMPGEnc hangs when I try to load an avi file for processing. MPG, MOV and WMV files still work fine. The only way I can get the avi files to work (mostly XVID codecs) is to recode them with VirtualDub using the DivX 6.9.2 codec first. Then TMPGEnc will process them. I've tried uninstalling the DivX upgrade and reinstalling TMPGEnc but no joy. Is there an incompatibility between the latest DivX release and TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress? If so, how do I revert to an eaarlier version of DivX? I tried a system restore but did not have a restore point available before I upgraded DivX. Thanks

TMPGEnc 4.7.4.299
Win7 SP1

Question - TAW4 - Menu Information Needed No.64574
Voyager  2011-04-15 21:02:33 ( ID:6/jmpijdjuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two mini anime series episodes in 720p that i want to put on blu-ray disk. What i want to do is have a menu with both series start button on the main menu and when clicked takes me to a menu with the choice of episodes. Can this be done and if so how.

Question - TAW4 - dts hd No.64572
ch2727  2011-04-14 16:04:56 ( ID:oxropgtjkgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does the tmpgenc a.w.4 support dts hd or true hd

tkrave  2011-04-19 10:01:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no

Question - TAW4 - User license in a new notebook No.64569
Slfreire  2011-04-12 18:26:07 ( ID:8ulwkypufek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have decided to buy a brand new notebook and I am concerning if I can use my TMPEnc Authoring 4 actual user license into the new one computer. Will it work or I would have problems? Thanks in advance. Slfreire

tkrave  2011-04-19 10:00:09 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Should work, just don't use it on two computers at once, or do multiple installs on different computers in a short period of time.

Question - TE25 - System crashes when using Tmpgenc free version No.64567
Tedd  2011-04-12 13:55:41 ( ID:ffsjx1sedkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using Tmpgenc for years. I love it. Not long ago I switched to
Mozilla Firefox. Can't take explorer anymore. Not long after I started having system crashes when using Tmpgenc.

The system doesn't crash every time I use Tmpgenc, but when it does crash, I am
either opening a Tmpgenc editing session or one is ending.

It has gotten on my last nerve. Someone on a forum suggested it could be a flash
problem. I uninstalled flash and had the same problem.

Can't find any virus's on the system.

Anyone out there care to opine?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.