Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 229 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 P2 Card BobR 1 2008-08-25 22:46:09
Question TDA3 Audio cuts out during playback of each track! StumpeRIFIC 1 2008-08-26 00:36:45
Question TDA3 PC shuts down when I output DVD Cyril 2 2008-08-26 15:34:05
Question TDA3 Structure of Menus, HELP!!! Thanks in Advance... MADMAN 1 2008-08-24 04:30:53
Question TE40 Dolby 5.1 hijacker169 1 2008-08-25 23:01:56
Question TDA3 GOP Length Error and Missing Audio Error sarge_in 0 2008-08-20 23:25:47
Question TE40 No support for DV output? jasper22 2 2008-08-21 02:41:49
Question TE25 cdg files Saxon 0 2008-08-20 21:58:14
Question TE40 Can Tmpgenc be used as an mpeg verifier tool? whopper 0 2008-08-20 16:21:07
Question TE40 DVD Ripping with TMPGENC Xpress V.4.4.1.237 milindb1 0 2008-08-20 06:45:18
Question TDA3 TMPGENC Xpress V.4.4.1.237 milindb1 0 2008-08-20 06:43:32
Question TDA3 File size jelppi 1 2008-08-20 18:19:34

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 229 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - P2 Card No.58337
BobR  2008-08-25 00:23:09 ( ID:qwhtux8seon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you create a Virtual P2 card folder structure - DVCPro HD OPAtom MXF files? Or a OP1a MXF file?

Thanks,
Bob

Ludi  2008-08-25 22:46:09 ( ID:jnm7/lueg52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you need it for? I don´t thin it is possible. Better use editing solutions like AVID or so. What you can do is to download the AVID DNxHD Codec (its free) and compile a Quicktime.

Question - TDA3 - Audio cuts out during playback of each track! No.60700
StumpeRIFIC  2008-08-23 17:30:08 ( ID:.gikpi6dybl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, I've made many DVDs with the previous version of this software, but recently I wanted to add the option of subtitles. So... I got this software, but every time I compile a DVD, each track plays for 1-15 minutes before the audio stops quite abruptly. I've played the VOB files without the use of the menus and junk and STILL, the audio stops at the same place (although that place is different for each file)...
It's driving me crazy!!

tkrave  2008-08-26 00:36:45 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of source files are you using?

What are your output settings?

What version of the software are you using?

Question - TDA3 - PC shuts down when I output DVD No.60697
Cyril  2008-08-23 10:30:39 ( ID:rhn.r.g.zlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone any idea why PC shuts down when outputting the file and writing to DVD. It doesn't get to the writing to the DVD stsge, and shuts down at 53% in the first stage. It worked fine a couple of days ago, but even shut down at 20% the last time I tried. Any help would be very much appreciated.

tkrave  2008-08-26 00:38:10 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are your computer's specs?

Do you have enough hard drive space?

Is DVD Author 3 set to shutdown when output is complete?

Cyril  2008-08-26 15:34:05 ( ID:bgkbfrxaf42 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi TK
Thanks for the reply. It must have been a corrupted file as it still won't write, but everything elde I've done since is OK. I used the noise filter on this file and adjusted the audio volume, so can only put it down to that. I did check the hard drive space and opened the box up to check the fans were OK, and everything was fine.
As I said, I can only put it down to me fiddling about with the audio controls as I transfered this file to DVD before, and it's only since the adjustments it won't write. Very strange!

Question - TDA3 - Structure of Menus, HELP!!! Thanks in Advance... No.60695
MADMAN  2008-08-23 10:08:43 ( ID:v488hgpcz.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello:

I've been trying to create a specific Menu Structure, but so far i get the wrong results. Here is what i want:

Top Menu with 5 choices, let's say Earth, Wind, Fire, Animals, Flowers.

When one of those is selected it takes you to a menu with thumbnails of short videos related to that category, for example, choosing Earth takes you to a screen with 8 Thumbnails, each of those being a 40 second video about Earth.

When you select one of the videos you should watch the video and when that video finishes it should take you back to the category's menu, in this case Earth, so you can choose another video to watch. Also need to have a "Play All" option to play all 8 videos within that category and then go back to the category's menu. And finally an option to take you back to the Root menu with the main 5 categories.

So i added the 40 clips to the Source, each being a 30 - 40 second video, and here's when i think i messed up. I created 5 tracks, one for each category, then i moved the 8 videos belonging to a category into its track, then created a Custom menu - Top menu and Track Menus, The top menu has the 5 categories, and the 5 track menus each hold the 8 videos belonging to one specific category.
The problem comes when i select a video from one of the categories, it plays the video, then instead of going back to the track menu so i can choose a diferent video, it just keeps playing the rest of the videos in order, which i guess is because the 8 videos inside the "Track" are not treated as individual pieces but as "Chapters" of a big video composed of the 8 short ones, so when i choose one of them it just plays from that point on until the end of the sequence of clips.

So is it possible to have the menu structure the way i want? 1 main menu with 5 sections then each section holds 8 short clips that can be watched individually by returning to the menu after watching each short clip instead of just playing the group of clips as a big 40sec x 8 video?

Thank you so much in advance and sorry for the lenghty message, just wanted to explain as much as possible...

StumpeRIFIC  2008-08-24 04:30:53 ( ID:.gikpi6dybl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know what you mean, I've had that problem as well. I'm sorry, but I don't really know a way to fix it, just an annoying work-around...
If you have eight 30sec clips in each of 5 tracks, but want them to go to the main menu after each one, work only with a top menu.
Make (5 multiplied by 8) 40 tracks on the top menu and arrange them in the order you'd like. Then, make only a top menu, but allow only 8 clips to be displayed on it. This will make a menu with your first eight tracks that will go back to the menu after each one. You can then move back and forth through each portion of the top menu (themed how you would like).
I know this limits the movement to only left or right through the portions... but to the best of my knowledge, this is the only way to do it...

Question - TE40 - Dolby 5.1 No.58335
hijacker169  2008-08-22 17:11:55 ( ID:hty1jm7gsrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want convert a wmv file to mpg file with Dolby 5.1. Does TMPX4 support for Dolby 5.1 and how to do? Thanks for any help.

Ludi  2008-08-25 23:01:56 ( ID:jnm7/lueg52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, 5.1 ist not supported. Only 2/0. for ac3 encoding better use besweet or something.

Ludi

Question - TDA3 - GOP Length Error and Missing Audio Error No.60694
sarge_in  2008-08-20 23:25:47 ( ID:ucmo3982gff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. GOP Length error

I ripped an unencrypted DVD using DVD Fab Platinum, and then was trying to use DVD Author to select a few chapters for a song compilation. Out of few DVDs that I processed, a few give GOP length error in DVD Author, saying the output may not be DVD compliant. I find it weird given that the source is a commercially available DVD in the first place. I haven't yet tried burning to DVD nevertheless and see if it actually impacts playback, but any ideas why I could be getting the error and how I can rectify it?!

2. Missing Audio error

Similar as above, when I select some tracks from the DVD rips, it shows that the track has DD 5.1 audio in selection window, but when I add it to my compilation there is no audio. The original ripped files play fine with audio in WinDVD. Any suggestions to correct this?!

Thanks in advance!

Question - TE40 - No support for DV output? No.58332
jasper22  2008-08-20 22:12:46 ( ID:7e0psdlmf3g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to output video as DV (using Microsoft DV PAL or NTSC codec) using this software? I cannot find any DV option listed under AVI or anywhere else. It is hard to believe such a common video format is missing. Maybe I just can't see it. Can someone confirm if DV output is supported?

tkrave  2008-08-21 00:16:10 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The specs say that only uncompressed DV Type2 is supported and that you need the correct codecs to enable input/output.
Check the Options-->Preferences-->AVI Settings to see if your codecs are showing up and can encode/decode.

tkrave  2008-08-21 02:41:49 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been able to use the Panasonic DV and Cedocida DV codecs to decode/encode. With the Canopus codec, I can only decode.
I am not sure about the Microsoft DV codec; it doesn't show up on my list in XPress.

Question - TE25 - cdg files No.43694
Saxon  2008-08-20 21:58:14 ( ID:f72fkuawxxo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG Enc free version doesn't seem to support cdg video files (for converting mp3 & cdg to mpeg for karaoke video CD's). Is there an add on or something I can change in the settings to rectify this? I had an older version of TMPG freeware on a previous pc I had which worked fine.

Question - TE40 - Can Tmpgenc be used as an mpeg verifier tool? No.58331
whopper  2008-08-20 16:21:07 ( ID:gnirnet9bjm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi !
Is it possible to use Tmpgenc as an automatic mpeg verifier?
I have many huge mpegs stored on several hard disks, and I'd like to check / verify them all automatically from time to time, to detect hard disk corruptions or any other problem that might altered the mpeg files.

By verify I mean the mpeg is valid and all frames are fine so it can played from start to finish without any corrupted frame.

regards !

Question - TE40 - DVD Ripping with TMPGENC Xpress V.4.4.1.237 No.58330
milindb1  2008-08-20 06:45:18 ( ID:8bhjk1uv3mw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear All,

My PC Config is-

AMD Athlon Dual Core 4000+
ASUS M2A-VM Mainboard
2GB DDR2 RAM 633MHZ
500GB SATA2 HDD Seagate
Liteon DVD RW

I am using TMPGENC Xpress V.4.4.1.237 for ripping of DVD to MPEG VCD PAL format with default ripping settings.
When I author that MPEG file for DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author ver.3.1.2.176 with default authoring settings & play the DVD on DVD Players then on some DVD players the Video Flickers.

But if I Author the same MPEG file with NERO VISION Ver.5 then the problem doesn't occurs. The NERO VISION Ver.5 takes long time to author compared to TMPGEnc DVD Author.

What is the reason of the problem.Is there any settings for TMPGENC Xpress or
TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Please Help Me.

Question - TDA3 - TMPGENC Xpress V.4.4.1.237 No.60693
milindb1  2008-08-20 06:43:32 ( ID:8bhjk1uv3mw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear All,

My PC Config is-

AMD Athlon Dual Core 4000+
ASUS M2A-VM Mainboard
2GB DDR2 RAM 633MHZ
500GB SATA2 HDD Seagate
Liteon DVD RW

I am using TMPGENC Xpress V.4.4.1.237 for ripping of DVD to MPEG VCD PAL format with default ripping settings.
When I author that MPEG file for DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author ver.3.1.2.176 with default authoring settings & play the DVD on DVD Players then on some DVD players the Video Flickers.

But if I Author the same MPEG file with NERO VISION Ver.5 then the problem doesn't occurs. The NERO VISION Ver.5 takes long time to author compared to TMPGEnc DVD Author.

What is the reason of the problem.Is there any settings for TMPGENC Xpress or
TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Please Help Me.

Question - TDA3 - File size No.60691
jelppi  2008-08-20 06:28:41 ( ID:u2whjyetvia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi...

I downloaded the trial of TMPGenc dvd author 3 - very impressed but...

Say I have an AVI file which is 200mb, I can then add this file to my project but at the bottom of the screen the dvd size goes to nearly 1gb. Obviously this is because the avi file will be converted and the file size will increase... BUT is there a way to limit this size?

If I allow a program to auto convert a 200mb avi file into mpeg2, it will end up at about 900mb. Though what I usually do is restrict the output size and lose a bit of quality in order to get more on the dvd.

So is it possible to implement a conversion size limit?

tkrave  2008-08-20 18:19:34 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a transcode setting at the Output stage where you can set the target output size for your whole DVD. So if you go over the DVD's capacity, you can make it fit with these settings. The available settings are single layer DVD, dual layer DVD, or custom where you can set whatever size you want in MB.

If you want more control over the bitrates of each track, you can go the track settings in the Source stage by clicking on the "Settings" button for a track in the track list. In the track settings window, click on the "Video" tab and you'll be able to change a bunch of encoding settings that will affect the output size. You can also adjust audio settings here too.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.