Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 228 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 My avi files (divx or xvid) are invisible (black) for edit, can't see a thing in there MicoMaco 6 2008-08-29 17:50:29
Question TE40 add matroska (mkv) source file support user 4 2010-07-05 10:10:29
Question TDA3 data files and video mamaweesa 4 2008-08-30 00:11:52
Question TE40 Tmpeg beta using cuda? widardd 2 2008-09-04 17:11:02
Question TDA3 Simulation Failure Stupatch 7 2008-08-30 00:24:53
Bug report TDA3 Audio gap bug? Bob 7 2008-08-30 02:24:53
Question TE25 Question - Output to a single file rather than m2v + wav snoop911 0 2008-08-27 18:42:14
Question TE40 Output to a single file rather than m2v + wav snoop911 1 2008-08-27 22:13:39
Question TDA1 Incorrect length of imported VOB files Erich N. 0 2008-08-27 16:33:41
Free talk TDA3 Audio problem (overload) when using ASF files as my source Bob 4 2008-08-28 01:20:38
Question TE40 Mr. Flizzo 0 2008-08-26 06:16:23
Question TE40 Mr. Flizzo 1 2008-08-26 17:57:47

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 228 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - My avi files (divx or xvid) are invisible (black) for edit, can't see a thing in there No.58351
MicoMaco  2008-08-29 01:23:25 ( ID:yttjyqlcxsj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello there!

I downloaded and installed the newest trial version of TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Now the problem. When I import an avi file (divx or xvid, it's the same result) into a program I can't see a thing where I should be able to see the edited frames (image). Also when I click to play/preview it, it remains black even tho the slider moves and time is progressing and there is also sound present. I was playing a bit with avi splitters on my pc and disabling certain splitters (so other avi splitters could "kick in" in the decoding process) cause I was assuming that tmpgenc doesn't like certain splitters/decoders but no result. Other players on my PC (BSPlayer, WMP, DivX player) can play these divx and xvid files. Funny thing is that when I install this trial tmpgenc on the other pc in the other room it works perfectly. But I really need tmpgenc to work on this machine.

Thank you very much for your input!

MicoMaco

tkrave  2008-08-29 02:07:26 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure your installed codecs are showing up in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress' AVI Settings. Go to Options-->Preferences-->AVI settings to see what codecs are active and if they can decode and encode.

The codecs installed on your machine is most likely the problem. Try uninstalling them and then reinstalling the same ones that you have on your working machine.

MicoMaco  2008-08-29 07:41:20 ( ID:yttjyqlcxsj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx for the quick reply. I did check these avi settings before and there were listed both divx codecs, divx single cpu codec and divx decoder. Also I reinstalled the newest version of DivX and no change. Still can't see the imported material in tmpgenc. Wth is going on...

MicoMaco  2008-08-29 08:25:17 ( ID:yttjyqlcxsj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I noticed another oddity. If I check Magnifier... voila, the image is there, in the Magnifier window, magnified, distorted...but there. But still, I'd like to see a normal image in the "edit" window.

MicoMaco  2008-08-29 08:30:30 ( ID:yttjyqlcxsj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also I can see small single frames beneath the main movie window (which is still black :( ) in cut-edit mode.

MicoMaco  2008-08-29 08:37:11 ( ID:yttjyqlcxsj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

O MY GOD!!!!

Problem solved. I was accidentally playing in tmpgenc and I right clicked in the movie window. Menu appeared and at "Overlay mode display" there was a check mark, after unchecking it the image appeared in the main movie window.

Thx again tkrave for your time and effort. Hope this (mis)adventure of mine helps others.

tkrave  2008-08-29 17:50:29 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had just remembered the overlay display mode option, but it appears you found it already! I'm glad everything worked out for you!

Question - TE40 - add matroska (mkv) source file support No.58347
user  2008-08-28 21:10:39 ( ID:12fmk33nohm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so is tmpgenc planning to add matroska (mkv) source file support any time soon?

i realize intalling a splitter works, but would rather have native tmpgenc support for mkv files

fleez  2008-09-05 15:16:24 ( ID:iuqmbijniim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, MKV support would be very nice... I hope TMPGEnc folks read this kind of feedback.

wii2  2008-09-05 20:27:17 ( ID:tcwf3vhv2ql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Matroska is really geat! :)

But pleazzzz AS TARGET container... MPEG4/AVC, multiple audio tracks, subs... it would be so easy...

Mr B  2008-09-09 03:01:12 ( ID:p.vilfck3zo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes program needs MKV input, I want to output to AVI (DivX or Xvid) with either AAC or AC3 5.1 sound, MKV's are too large and I want to play them back on my Xbox first gen, or via my external media portable box which doesn't support MKV.

Movie Fiend  2010-07-05 10:10:29 ( ID:1w6rfcs18.r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Almost 2 years later, still can't Save As MKV...

Question - TDA3 - data files and video No.60723
mamaweesa  2008-08-28 20:45:22 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello All,
I'm new to this and learning by trial and error. I've searched for answers to this question but not having luck. Thought someone might be kind enough to enlighten me.

I've created a project with tmpgenc DVD author 3 with divx. It includes video of a Play I recorded and a slideshow of photo's I put together in Windows Movie Maker. I was hoping to add one more thing before I burn the DVD's. I recorded a soundtrack of the Play and have the music in mp3 files.

The Question....Can I put those mp3 data files on this DVD I'm about to create? I was hoping to give a DVD to the cast with the video, slideshow and the mp3 files so they could use the files anyway they like, i.e put the mp3 files on their ipod.

Can this be done with this program?

Thanks in advance for any advise you have.

Lisa

tkrave  2008-08-28 23:22:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will not be able to put mp3 files on the DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author 3. Extra files such as mp3's are non-standard for the DVD Video format. So you can either create a data DVD with all of the various video and audio files, or you can create a video DVD with the videos and slideshow but no mp3 files.

..scratch that. You can put the mp3 files in the root directory, but you must do this after output in DVD Author 3 and BEFORE you burn it. So after you output the files to your hard drive, find the output folder (where the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder is) and drop your mp3's into this folder (but not into the video_ts or audio_ts folder). You can then burn the contents of the folder to the DVD with the writing tool.

How do you access the mp3s? Well, will have to load the DVD into your computer's DVD drive, go to "My Computer", and right click on the DVD drive. Select "Explore" from the menu and you will then be able to see the files on the disc and copy them to your hard drive, etc.

mamaweesa  2008-08-29 02:32:36 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you so much! I'm going try it right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

mamaweesa  2008-08-29 22:13:10 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

YES!!! It worked perfectly! You're a genius. Thanks for the clear instructions. You were a huge help. Too bad I didn't post the question sooner...I had already burned 8 DVD's without the mp3 files thinking it was impossible. Oh well... but I'm thrilled about this new knowledge. It'll really come in handy for future recordings. Thanks again.

Take Care,
Lisa

tkrave  2008-08-30 00:11:52 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Awesome! Glad it worked out! I thought it was impossible too at first, but then I asked a co-worker and he told me how to do it.

Question - TE40 - Tmpeg beta using cuda? No.58344
widardd  2008-08-28 11:25:16 ( ID:lk8z5piu7yc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i just read, that this beta is available upon request. does it include customers to get their hands on that? i would love to accelerate my conversions :(

tkrave  2008-08-28 17:52:58 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have contacted them and the beta is currently for the press only, though they said a public beta may be released soon in the future.

Scree  2008-09-04 17:11:02 ( ID:0ed1isrxiqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that's LAME! What does the stupid press know about video conversion?! lol Public beta once stable would be nice.

Question - TDA3 - Simulation Failure No.60715
Stupatch  2008-08-28 08:18:42 ( ID:pnsfcgfrd.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i go to preview my project via the simulation section of the software ... the audio from the project is audible however I just have a black screen fro the visual content! Any ideas why?

tkrave  2008-08-28 18:56:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you playback the video in the Cut-edit screen? What type of source files are you using?

Stupatch  2008-08-28 20:07:29 ( ID:pnsfcgfrd.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Can you playback the video in the Cut-edit screen? What type of source files are you using?

Yes the problem is still the same although on the source page and timeline section of the cut edit screen I can see the thumbnails no problem. The files I am using are all .AVI

On another note I am new to using this software (3rd day actually) and think it is awesome for what can be acheived in menu creation ... I truly hold it in high esteem. I have used nero vison for years and feel that this has every right to rival Nero however ... my 1st project was fine and I have created a DVD I am 110% satisfied with (minus the fact I was unable to view any simulations) now working on my 2nd project I am also experiencing a complete failure to complete the output of the DVD to burn later ... the output window show visual progress of conversion but has now on two occasions hanged at no specific point during the conversion... 1st at around 2% and 2nd at around 95%. Hmm what is the problem with this s/w ... it promises great things and I really like the the user friendly aspect but these problems really need to be ironed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stupatch  2008-08-29 08:10:59 ( ID:pnsfcgfrd.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Update I have fixed the second part of my problem, I created a source folder and made sure all of my source files are being read from the same location on one hard drive and not scattered among several hard drives. This has seemed to have fixed the problem. However Iam still unable to view a simulation of the project.

tkrave  2008-08-29 18:20:03 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you see your menus in the simulation stage?

One thing you can try is while your content is playing in the simulation stage, right click on the video and activate Overlay Mode Display.

Also, close any other apps related to video, such as video players.

Stupatch  2008-08-29 23:07:36 ( ID:pnsfcgfrd.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Can you see your menus in the simulation stage?
>
>One thing you can try is while your content is playing in the simulation stage, right click on the video and activate Overlay Mode Display.
>
>Also, close any other apps related to video, such as video players.

Strangely enough all of a sudden the simulation section has began working, however the one particular avi file woudl crash it ... law and behold I deactivate Overlay Mode Display and everything thing is fine ... im gonna output the project and see what happens! cheers buddy!

Bob  2008-08-29 23:18:56 ( ID:ucbus1wjjgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I often follow threads just so I can learn from them. What does "Overlay Mode Display" do?

tkrave  2008-08-30 00:24:53 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think it bypasses your video card to display the video.

The only reason I've used it is when I've taken screenshots of DVD Author 3 and the video does not show up. Enabling/disabling Overlay mode solves the problem.

Bug report - TDA3 - Audio gap bug? No.60707
Bob  2008-08-28 01:28:51 ( ID:apft9vsj3l2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a project where I used the Audio gap function to synchronize the audio and video (400 ms). All looks perfectly in synch in the Source cut-edit preview as well as the Simulation, but after outputting to a DVD folder, the audio and video are way out of synch. If it makes any difference, I did use Cut-edit to remove some unwanted material. Do these cuts also get applied to the audio? I would sure hope so.

This is very frustrating to have everything look perfect before I do the output only to have the result flawed, especially when it takes 3-4 hours to see the results. At first I thought TDA3 was a great tool, but I am starting to wonder.

Bob  2008-08-28 15:53:08 ( ID:ucbus1wjjgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As a test, I removed all video edits and tried this again...the audio is still way out of synch despite the preview and simulation being perfect. What's the purpose of being able to preview and simulate if the end results are not going to be similar?

tkrave  2008-08-28 19:40:21 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this the same ASF source files from before? I have a feeling that the ASF format is the problem here. You can try updating Windows Media Player to the latest version to see if that helps. It could also be that the files have corrupt or damaged headers. I don't think TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 will be able to correct the headers for ASF files.

How much is the output audio off by? Way more than 400ms?

Also, cuts do apply to audio as well.

Bob  2008-08-28 19:54:31 ( ID:ucbus1wjjgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks tkrave, I apprecaite your feedback.

Yes, same ASF source file as before.

The audio is off by a lot more than 400ms...I would guess a couple seconds or so.

I believe I have the latest version of Windows Media Player but I will check. I'm curious to know how the version of WMP would affect this? I'm not playing back the output using WMP rather I'm using Nero's Showtime and it and WMP are both showing the same synch issue.

I am currently processing using 2 pass VBR encoding to see if that helps at all. If that fails, I will try using some other software to encode the ASF to MPG format and then use that MPG file as the source in TDA3.

tkrave  2008-08-28 23:02:30 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Windows Media Player installs DirectX Media Object codecs which the ASF format supports. DVD Author 3 uses the codecs installed by Windows Media Player to decode video that use them.

The problem is, your ASF file could use a different codec since ASF is just a container format. It could simply be a codec that TMPGEnc DVD Author can't handle very well.

If you have another program that can convert it to MPEG, then I'd say do that first.

tkrave  2008-08-29 02:35:48 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I take it you've already tried outputting the files without audio gap correction enabled? How far is the audio off then?

Bob  2008-08-29 04:24:09 ( ID:apft9vsj3l2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried so many different things that I am not sure if I have done that or not. In any case, I'm not sure that would do me much good since of the objectives while making this DVD is to get the audio in synch with the video. I suppose though that once I get the DVD folder output without audio gap correction, I could try using it as the source and hen try the audio gap on that.

BTW, my WMP is up to date.

Bob  2008-08-30 02:24:53 ( ID:apft9vsj3l2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, I just let TDA3 encode the problem ASF without any edits of any kind (except for setting the audio level to 75%) and no menu and output it to a DVD folder. I then used that output's DVD folder as the source for a second (and hopefuly final!) project. Not surprising, editing the clip in the second project was much, much smoother and easier than in the first project where I was editing the ASF source. So, I applied my needed video edits, audio gap and audio fades, created my menu and let it output. The results were what I expected. So, the key with these ASF files is to let TDA3 convert them to VOB format and then use the DVD folder as the source for the final project.

Question - TE25 - Question - Output to a single file rather than m2v + wav No.43695
snoop911  2008-08-27 18:42:14 ( ID:bov1enft0w. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using tmpgenc to permanently insert subtitles into an avi file. However, when it finishes, it generates a m2v video file and a .wav audio file.

Is there a way to have tmpgenc to output a single interleaved audio/video file?

Question - TE40 - Output to a single file rather than m2v + wav No.58342
snoop911  2008-08-27 18:37:57 ( ID:bov1enft0w. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using tmpgenc to permanently insert subtitles into an avi file. However, when it finishes, it generates a m2v video file and a .wav audio file.

Is there a way to have tmpgenc to output a single interleaved audio/video file?

tkrave  2008-08-27 22:13:39 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format do you want to output to? MPEG, AVI, or something else?

If AVI, what codec are you using?

For AVI output, there is an interleaved/non-interleaved option on the right side of the screen in the Format stage.

Question - TDA1 - Incorrect length of imported VOB files No.49492
Erich N.  2008-08-27 16:33:41 ( ID:6vgznubo.nm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi DVD experts !

I have a problem with reusing VOB files in TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5.

Scenario:
- A DVD has been successfully created with TDA.
- one of the films from that DVD should be reused for another TDA project
- VTS_03_1.VOB and VTS_03_2.VOB are copied on disc and tragged into the 'Add File' field of a new project. The first VOB file is accepted as input, however when editing the file it only contains the first 7 minutes, although the VOB file is 45 mins long.
- I also tried to merge VOB files 1+2 into a single file. This worked ok however when editing the new VOB file the length is displayed as 15 mins and still does not contain the full length.
- I tried to repair the VOB files but did not find any tool which changes the length of the file to the correct value.

Any clues what goes wrong ?

thanks,

Erich

Free talk - TDA3 - Audio problem (overload) when using ASF files as my source No.60702
Bob  2008-08-26 16:27:10 ( ID:ucbus1wjjgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a bunch of ASF files that I am using as the audio/video source to create DVDs. I am getting digital overload (pops) on the high levels of the audio once the DVD output is created which was not present in the ASF source file. These ASF files contain decent quality audio (music). While editing the video, I went into the audio properties and set the level to 99% to be safe but after the DVD folder creation process (3-4 hours later), there is popping in the peaks of the audio.

I have done a few projects where instead of using the ASF's audio for the project, I have used a WAV file that I had previously extracted out of the source ASF file, and those projects all came out fine with no audio clipping.

Is there a problem with the ASF->MPEG encoding process which increases the audio and causes this digital audio overload? Any suggestions?

I am currently processing a project with the audio level set to 95% and we'll see if that helps.

Bob  2008-08-27 16:01:08 ( ID:ucbus1wjjgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

95% did not help. The audio level seems to be quite high in the source file so I dropped it down to 75% and it is processing now.

I don't care about Dolby Digital, so I'm wondering if rendering the audio to something else would help...perhaps there is something in the Dolby Digital rendering process causing a slight jump in amplitude and the subsequent digital popping?

tkrave  2008-08-27 22:33:29 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version are of TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 are you using?

Bob  2008-08-27 22:43:18 ( ID:ucbus1wjjgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What version are of TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 are you using?

Bob  2008-08-28 01:20:38 ( ID:apft9vsj3l2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, setting the audio level to 75% worked but now I have another problem with the audio/video synchronization. See the new thread directly above.

Question - TE40 - Mr. No.58341
Flizzo  2008-08-26 06:16:23 ( ID:kkn/loh1gng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where i can find more filters?Exp: filters like in windows movie maker? please reply to my email jfikri@gmail.com

Question - TE40 - Mr. No.58339
Flizzo  2008-08-26 06:14:57 ( ID:kkn/loh1gng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

where can i find more filters?exp: old movie filters(like in windows movie maker).

tkrave  2008-08-26 17:57:47 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are no additional filters other than those already in the software.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.