Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 207 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 Windows 7 Public Beta Tarris 4 2009-03-09 09:40:53
Question TE40 Short audio in Xpress 4 guest 0 2009-01-27 14:16:46
Question TME3 Mr. ctrlmaxdel 1 2009-01-27 18:39:41
Question TAW4 How do you add background audio to menu ndconfused 2 2009-01-27 13:00:18
Question TE40 24P NTSC DVD using TMPGEnc XPress 4 Neuralgene 0 2009-01-24 12:46:12
Request TAW4 Authoring Works 4 Capture to single file borjis 1 2009-01-24 20:04:47
Request TE40 FLV Flash Export Support M 1 2009-01-23 02:31:43
Question TMVS Double Pass dlg1391 1 2009-01-22 18:12:15
Question TAW4 Smart and Full Rendering lich 6 2009-02-06 14:48:45
Question TAW4 Not Recognizing Dolby 5.1 Audio PaulN 2 2009-01-22 13:41:42
Question TAW4 Cannot load a subtitle stream in Tmpeg Authoring Works 4 freeman 4 2009-01-26 19:25:33
Question TME3 TMPGEnc Edictor has encountered a problem and needs to close. Kristian Horn 5 2009-02-25 07:12:38

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 207 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - Windows 7 Public Beta No.58635
Tarris  2009-01-28 07:22:47 ( ID:yyuhcxh7awm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I imagine you won't support an OS that is still in beta but this OS does rock. Tonight, after a few weeks of use, I've ran into my first problem which is trying to install Xpress 4.0 crashes the window installer. Just thought I would give people a heads up.

tkrave  2009-01-29 18:46:52 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good to know! Thanks!

Tarris  2009-02-03 01:32:08 ( ID:..zgkedr9bf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nevermind...there was a windows cmd line one could enter to counter the issue with the windows installer. Program works great under windows 7.

tkrave  2009-02-03 18:09:33 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cool! What exactly did you do to counter the issue?

Ararat  2009-03-09 09:40:53 ( ID:.t2yyuxd81h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd also like to know what he did. I haven't encountered any issues installing, but the only version I can get working is the trial. Apparently noone has managed to get their licensed version to work. It crashes at launch. Can anyone say if they have theirs working?

Question - TE40 - Short audio in Xpress 4 No.58634
guest  2009-01-27 14:16:46 ( ID:imls7sflui. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a short transition clip, about 2.5 seconds, which I try to export as elementary streams, but audio is not there. If I use PGCDemux, everything comes out fine.
Is there a problem in Xpress or some settings I need to use to get short audio?
I have the latest version of the software.

Question - TME3 - Mr. No.61167
ctrlmaxdel  2009-01-26 21:09:01 ( ID:3vfuura65lg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am looking to install mpeg editor 3 on a windows xp sp3 laptop and wanted to know if there were any known problems with antivirus solutions.

tkrave  2009-01-27 18:39:41 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing I can think of is that MPEG Editor 3 will need access to the internet every once in a while to validate the license. Shouldn't be a problem though if you add it to your safe list.

To test if it'll work okay on your system, you should download the trial version. It also needs an internet connection to obtain a trial license so it's a good way to see if your antivirus likes the validation system or not.

Trial version download:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tme3.html

Question - TAW4 - How do you add background audio to menu No.61725
ndconfused  2009-01-26 14:03:26 ( ID:n4lxo4iifca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to add a background audio to a menu with a still image and all I get is invalid stream type, invalid format type , invalid bitrate and some other invalid. Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of the invalid's?

tkrave  2009-01-27 02:31:48 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of audio file are you trying to add? Is this a DVD, BD, or DivX menu? How long is your audio file? What are your motion menu settings?

ndconfused  2009-01-27 13:00:18 ( ID:n4lxo4iifca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My mistake - forgot to set audio type in the global blu-ray settings. all ok now

Question - TE40 - 24P NTSC DVD using TMPGEnc XPress 4 No.58633
Neuralgene  2009-01-24 12:46:12 ( ID:bi8w63glpgk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know what is the correct setting to encode a 24P (23.976P) MPEG2 for DVD NTSC with pulldown thing.
So if the player detects a progressive display, it will plays 24P, if it detects an interlace display it plays 29.97 interlace.

I can only find how to do it in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5.

My master final edit movie is 23.976P.

Thanks in advance.

Request - TAW4 - Authoring Works 4 Capture to single file No.61723
borjis  2009-01-23 18:29:15 ( ID:oprmp4qk3pc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to request your authoring works 4 capture utility
for HDV NOT break the streams up everytime a scene changes.

I do a lot of HDV to Blu-Ray and this makes it inconvenient.
perhaps add a preference for it NOT to break up. I want
one single mpeg2 file from a single tape.

I can do this with D-VHS capture, so I know its possible.

zadam123  2009-01-24 20:04:47 ( ID:6ii82gtcvu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I second this,

Request - TE40 - FLV Flash Export Support No.58631
M  2009-01-22 13:00:46 ( ID:c9fwq56yw5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What about Flash video encoding?
Reading is ok, but the conversion into FLV would be a great improvement regarding the conversion of video snippets into a website providing an FLV player only.

I know that there were license issues, but other software producers are also able to implement FLV output (even free-of-charge software), so could you please implement this feature soon?

Thanks
M

myself  2009-01-23 02:31:43 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think they already noticed about it so its just about wait if they will implement it.

Question - TMVS - Double Pass No.61243
dlg1391  2009-01-22 05:06:39 ( ID:ba3qvyup2b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does moviestyle do a double pass before encoding the movie; and is it possible to use 5000kbps on a regular dvd instead of just 3705 or what ever the default is. Oh by the way this is for apple tv settings

tkrave  2009-01-22 18:12:15 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately, there's no double pass encoding.

You can create a custom output profile (use the "Add" button or right-click on one of the drop areas) and use one of the HD picture sizes for 5000Kb/s, but the resolution will have to be 960x540 or 1280x720 (for the Apple TV settings). I'm not sure if that will make a difference in quality since the picture is bigger than the DVD standard.

Question - TAW4 - Smart and Full Rendering No.61716
lich  2009-01-21 18:16:51 ( ID:qd4xk4ik8s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i'm using tmpgenc works 4 for edit dvd recorded by my dvd-recorder.
With dvd-recorder i wrote film and personal video in dvd-vr. Dvd-vr contents about 1 hour of videos and I want create, with tmpgenc, one dvd from 3-4 dvd-vr. But when i want output my project, in divx or dvd, the output take 3 or 4 hour. Infact tmpgenc use always full rendering also i don't edit the video. How i can use smart rendering? Have i use dvd-video and not dvd-vr?

Please my english, but i'm italian!!

Daniele

tkrave  2009-01-21 19:04:13 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the total content of the 3-4 DVD-VR go over the 4.7 GB limit?

Are you using the Transcoder settings in the Output stage to fit all of that content on one DVD?

If you are using the Transcoder settings, this may be the reason it will not use Smart Rendering since it has to filter the video to make all of the content fit on one DVD.

lich  2009-01-23 14:35:35 ( ID:rjanu/vguig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi tkrave, the content of the all dvd-vr go over the capacity of dvd-r. Infact i use the transcorder setting to fit all of content on one dvd.
But i tried to import the vob's files directly from dvd vr and tmpgenc let me use the smart rendering. Also i go over the capacity of dvd-r. Infact i have encoding 3 hours of video in 27 minutes.

I don't understand if the trouble are the dvddata's files....

tkrave  2009-01-23 18:15:45 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe Smart Rendering only works if your content can fit on a DVD without transcoding. Transcoding will basically re-encode your entire video so it can fit on your media.

lich  2009-01-24 14:39:10 ( ID:yo7.zooyawf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm agree with you...
But i have tried to import directly vob's files into my project and the size of all was about 7 gb. But tmpgenc let me use smart rendering and i trasconding the project in a 4.7 gb's dvd.

I don't understand....

tkrave  2009-01-26 23:43:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I was wrong -- Smart Rendering and transcoding will work together, though with transcoding, it will take a little longer than without.

DVD-VR should be smart rendered as long as it's DVD-Video compliant. However if you change certain settings, it will be full-rendered. Do you change any settings in your project?

lich  2009-02-06 14:48:45 ( ID:12gijb9zlbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no, i import dvd-video files and i want make dvd...

Question - TAW4 - Not Recognizing Dolby 5.1 Audio No.61713
PaulN  2009-01-21 14:16:32 ( ID:zw57sn0bdqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a couple of DVD folders that have Dolby Digital 5.1 audio and they are recognized as such by the source wizard, however when I select them with the 5.1 audio track they appear in the clip addition window as 2-channel audio. I can burn the un-edited DVD and the 5.1 track plays as a true 5.1 surround track, however when it is brought into Works-4 (current version) it loads and burns as a regular stereo track. This is only a couple of music dvd folders, most are ok, however I would like to find out what the isssue is. Anyone having this problem also?
Thanks
Paul

tkrave  2009-01-21 18:56:48 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just want to make sure I've got this straight, when importing the files, the Source Wizard shows the audio track as being 5.1, but after you import them it shows up as 2 ch. in the Clip Properties window?

There are a couple of things you can check.

1) In Clip Properties, click on the downward arrow button to the right of the "Browse..." button for the Audio Source file.

1a) You can then select "Import audio with Source Wizard" to try and re-import the 5.1 audio file.

1b) You can then select "Audio properties" where you should be able to choose between 5.1 and 2 ch. if both are available.

2) In the Source stage's main window, click on the "Settings" button for your track then go to the Audio tab. Make sure the channel mode is set to 5.1 ch surround. You may have to select "Re-encode as below if necessary" or "Re-encode all as below" in order to change this setting.
However, if the loaded audio file is 2 ch, this won't really change that.

3) You can check the DVD default settings in the Preferences. Go to Options --> Preferences --> Project default settings --> DVD-Video settings.
Here, you can see the default audio settings and change them accordingly.

PaulN  2009-01-22 13:41:42 ( ID:zw57sn0bdqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll give these ideas a try.
I have found this software to be very flexible in making composit music video tracks from various artists, inluding soundtracks that were recorded in "5.0 surround" (as apposed to dolby 5.1). There are just a couple of stubborn cases where the 5.1 soundtrack, when brough in by itself or with the other tracks, shows up in the properties window (and becomes) 2-channel audio.
Thanks for the help

Question - TAW4 - Cannot load a subtitle stream in Tmpeg Authoring Works 4 No.61708
freeman  2009-01-21 12:48:23 ( ID:85w1qofluno )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cannot load any subtitle stream in srt or other format.The only way i could is not a normal way(i use vobsub,and the subtitle loading automatically if avi file have the same name with the subtitle).
I don`t see any option in settigs,
Please help with any suggestions
Thanks

tkrave  2009-01-21 18:15:06 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly are you doing to load the subtitle stream?

It will not load automatically with Authoring Works 4.

To import a .srt file, go to the Clip editing window and select the Subtitle tab. Activate a subtitle stream, then click on the "Edit menu" button where you'll see "Import subtitle" which will let you import your .srt file.

freeman  2009-01-21 20:29:09 ( ID:85w1qofluno )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, this is exactly what I do, but nothing...don`t load anything

tkrave  2009-01-22 01:53:32 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As I've said in other subtitle related posts here and in the 4.0 XPress forum, TMPGEnc software is very picky about .srt files and sometimes they won't load for any number of reasons.

You can try UTF-8 encoding, but this apparently won't work for all languages.

You can check and see if there's any empty subtitles (timecode but no text).

If there's any extra data besides the subtitles, this may also cause the subtitles to not load.

You may have to delete the first 3 bytes from the file with a hex editor. See this link:
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic335908.html

old-hack  2009-01-26 19:25:33 ( ID:zqxe90fe8fg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What exactly are you doing to load the subtitle stream?
>
>It will not load automatically with Authoring Works 4.
>
>To import a .srt file, go to the Clip editing window and select the Subtitle tab. Activate a subtitle stream, then click on the "Edit menu" button where you'll see "Import subtitle" which will let you import your .srt file.

I've tried that but the .srt file that Subrip creates is rejected. So after I clean up the subtitles in Subrip, I select the subtitle text with ctrl-shift-end, copy it with ctrl-c, and paste it with ctrl-v in a text document. Then I save that text document as a .subtitle file using ANSI as the encoding format.

This can then be imported into Works or Xpress.

Question - TME3 - TMPGEnc Edictor has encountered a problem and needs to close. No.61161
Kristian Horn  2009-01-19 18:10:35 ( ID:cybusi0tzxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting this error message whenever I try to launch this program. I just purchased it last night and it won't launch. I contacted customer support and it looks like I may have to wait a couple of days before I get an answer. Can anyone here help me????

tkrave  2009-01-20 23:20:58 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is your OS?
Is your OS 64-bit?
How much RAM do you have?
Were you running any other programs when you encountered this error?

It could be anything at this point.

Try to reinstall it if you can. Sometimes a bad install can cause problems.

SaphireX  2009-02-06 14:06:48 ( ID:mrjuh2rsj6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

More detail: I had not used the software for maybe a week or so and upon attempting to start it yesterday it failed to start with this error message:
''TMPGEnc MPEG Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close'' sucessive attempts also failed. I decided to uninstall - reboot - re-install - reboot and the same error occurs.

The only change to my system (Vista64 Ultimate w/SP1)was last week installing KB958481 the update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 - Windows6.0-KB958481-x64.msu and installing KB958483 the update for the .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 - Windows6.0-KB958483-x64.msu

It would appear that whatever the uppdate was to .NET Framework 3.0 has rendered TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 useless.
Please advise if a new version is forthcoming or some compatibility patch that will work with the MS NET Framework Update
Thanks

SaphireX  2009-02-09 13:21:14 ( ID:mrjuh2rsj6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I received a response from TMPGEnc Tech Support:

"SP2 of .Net Framework is not supported, please download and install the previous one."
Best regards
Alex TMPG Inc. / Pegasys Inc. Support team

Since the SP2 of .NET Framework is more of a core code for in this case Vista64 I am not about to uninstall the SP2 and go back to the earlier version of .NET Framework!

I would hope that in the next version of their software TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 that they will re-code it so that it supports SP2 to .NET Framework since MS has released this SP2 it would seem to shift the burden of responsibility back on the software creators to make their software SP2 compliant....

Until then I am losing out on purchased software and quite frankly I am not a happy camper!!!

tkrave  2009-02-10 19:17:50 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know Vista64 isn't officially supported so you were taking a chance with it to begin with. Did you download the trial and/or system check tool to see if it would work on your computer before you bought it?

SaphireX  2009-02-25 07:12:38 ( ID:cw/ksxxxli2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you had read my original message you would have taken note that I had been running TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 the purchased version since it's release under VISTA64 with ZERO issues. It only failed to load AFTER there was a pushed update to .NET Framework 3.0/3.5

So...the final verdict from tech support at Pegasys was that most likely the update to .NET Framework "broke" TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 and their advice was to uninstall the SP to .NET Framework and SEE if that resolved the issue. Since the SP to .NET Framework is a "core" OS update it would be silly for me to uninstall it and I guess until the coders for the MPEG Editor 3 revise the programs code to work with the SP to .NET Framework 3 as well as perhaps improve 64-bit compatability. Until then I am left with TMPGEnc XPRESS 4.0 that still works just fine under Vista64 including the updated .NET Framework...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.