TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 35 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Fixing a corrupt .wtv file benoitm 6 2011-08-02 11:15:52
Question Bad Software - NO SUPPORT david@euro-pacific.com 5 2011-05-26 11:40:25
Question TMPGEnd Video Mastering Works 5. Is it 64 Bit? latin_l3oi 5 2011-09-19 03:40:30
Question Transcoding to HD quality jmcalifa 0 2011-04-22 04:08:47
Question Xvid Encoding on Mastering Works GSH 1 2011-05-07 04:25:17
Question Avisynth.AVS Cut-Edit Display jerky davesocal 3 2011-05-07 03:34:04
Question Pass Through Audio bungholio 2 2011-05-07 04:10:00
Request Risizing and aspect ratio Dima 1 2011-04-09 03:04:01
Question Illegal Floating Decimal Point error Bob 0 2011-04-06 09:15:48
Question surround sound in divx files gaz 0 2011-04-02 18:10:05
Question CUDA error vidcel 0 2011-04-02 07:07:47
Request Do you plan to implement SMART ENCODING of H.264 stream in the future? arturrol 0 2011-04-01 19:08:50

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 35 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - Fixing a corrupt .wtv file No.64642
benoitm  2011-04-28 19:26:06 ( ID:ad0x1zhopak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a .wtv file that contains a MPEG2 stream recorded from a DVB-T USB device.
The files seems somewhat corrupt: Windows 7 refuses to convert it to the .dvr-ms format and TVMW5 refuses to convert it to MPEG2 PS (an empty "ActiveMovie Window" opens and the program seems to hang).
However, if I bypass the convert to PS step, I can view and edit the file; but when I select a part of it for export as MP4, the resulting output shows a frozen frame from somewhere the middle of the file until the end; it looks like the DVB-T stream was badly damaged at some part and the TVMW5 encoder choke on that part, while with the TVMW5 clip editor, I can successfully navigate anywhere in the file...

Since this recording contains an important part that I want to play on a non-Windows platform, I need absolutely to fix this file and convert the wanted portion: any suggestions ?

tkrave  2011-04-29 04:53:11 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've encountered something like this before. This usually happens because the broadcast stream signal is weak (when watching TV, the picture starts to stutter or become blocky). In these cases, you won't be able to convert to MPEG-2 PS as you've experienced. I've been able to fix it by cutting out the corrupted section in the cut-editor.

Typically, in the cut-editor you can see where the corruption is because the thumbnails will stop appearing and the preview will not function correctly.

Since I usually don't need the corrupted part, I cut/delete that section or split the clip a few seconds after the corruption. I then check the resulting clips to see if the corruption still exists. If it doesn't, it will output just fine.

Radagast  2011-05-07 01:13:40 ( ID:1tpgqgd7ozc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, I'm seeing tihs issue too.

I get your MO for fixing it, but is that really all that can be done? I mean, imagine a complete 2 hour movie where this happens every 5 minutes :(

Kind rgds

Radagast  2011-05-07 01:41:34 ( ID:1tpgqgd7ozc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Update:

I've now tried converting 5 different movies I had recorded. They have all failed like this. This is slowly rendering TMPGEnc 5 useless to me :(

tkrave  2011-05-10 02:40:01 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd say your signal is too weak, which is causing the corruption in the recording. That's not really TVMW5's fault; I don't think any program will like a weak signal wtv file. Your best bet is to get a better antenna or try and get a better signal by moving your antenna to a more optimal location.

tkrave  2011-05-13 04:17:51 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the latest version (5.0.6.38) is better at importing wtv files even if they are missing chunks of data due to a weak signal. Of course, you'll still empty/corrupt frames where the weak signal is.

gordoncanada  2011-08-02 11:15:52 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You guys are lucky; I can import wtv files, but they always freeze at about twenty minutes in and play the frozen frame for the duration of the movie. Am I the only one having this problem?
Gord

Question - Bad Software - NO SUPPORT No.64604
david@euro-pacific.com  Home )  2011-04-23 02:51:50 ( ID:a8bxzhikpf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought this updgrade, but it does not work on Windows XP Pro. Wish they told me that before wasting my money. Now they have blocked the licence on my version 4 software and refuse to refund my money. A BIG RIP-OFF. DO NOT BUY.

ViperGeek  2011-04-26 12:53:06 ( ID:bbg2bsmmsrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's odd. I have TMPGEnc VMW5 installed on my 32-bit XP Pro laptop and it runs fine. Are you getting an error message during installation, startup or encoding?

Re: NO SUPPORT, this forum seems eerily lacking answers from TMPGEnc staff, and there hasn't been a software update since February. Did Pegasys drop support for this software?

- Dave

tkrave  2011-04-28 08:26:26 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe david is using a 64-bit version of Windows XP Pro, which is why it doesn't work for him. Apparently he didn't bother to download the trial or read the system requirements.

Regarding support, TMPG staff have never really had a presence here, which is why they specifically say that it's for users to communicate with other users.
Just because they haven't released an update since Feb doesn't mean they dropped support; that's actually an odd statement to me. Tons of updates would only mean that there are tons of bugs.

If you want support, USE THE SUPPORT CONTACT FORM. That's what it's for.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html
Most people get pretty fast results when they use the form.
Sorry for the CAPS, but for fuck's sake, I feel like I type this shit out way too often.

Anyway, I am guessing an update is coming soon; an update was just released for the Japanese version on April 22nd.

tkrave  2011-04-28 08:33:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry ViperGeek, that wasn't meant to be directed entirely at you; I think I'm more irritated by this straight-from-the-90's BBS. How about a modern forum, Pegasys?? One that's easy to search, has Stickies for important information, and all the other nice stuff you see on EVERY.OTHER.FORUM??

ViperGeek  2011-04-30 04:33:07 ( ID:2qjnbmyzxhk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Sorry ViperGeek, that wasn't meant to be directed entirely at you; I think I'm more irritated by this straight-from-the-90's BBS. How about a modern forum, Pegasys?? One that's easy to search, has Stickies for important information, and all the other nice stuff you see on EVERY.OTHER.FORUM??

None taken. It's good to see you back, helping fellow VMW5 users with their issues. Frankly, your help was a primary reason I took the plunge and purchased the software in the first place!

A real vBulletin-like discussion forum /would/ be quite nice. Occasional presence by Pegasys -- as is typical in other product-based forums -- would also be welcome and appreciated. Not every question deserves it's own Support Ticket, and there's an economy of scale when posting answers on a public forum. One question with one answer posted here can save 100 similar questions posted privately via Support Ticket.

- Dave

David Calderwood  2011-05-26 11:40:25 ( ID:a8bxzhikpf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I already had Version 4 running on the system and was told by Pegasus that is was a direct upgrade for version 4. Now I'm told that it only works on 64bit with Windows 7, not XP PRO 64bit, even though the version 4 worked on 64bit. What I'm pissed off about is that now they have stopped my version 4 license and will not sell me a new license. They have said I need to upgrade my computer to Win 7. Not really a satisfactory solution. I am happy to pay for the license, but it seems that now that I bought the upgrade, I can't downgrade.

If I'm the only person in the world still using XP Pro 64bit, I'd be really surprised.

Question - TMPGEnd Video Mastering Works 5. Is it 64 Bit? No.64603
latin_l3oi  2011-04-22 21:53:31 ( ID:gbbzlipw9c. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello I would like to know if there's a 64 Bit version of TMPGEnd Video Mastering Works 5?

I would like to know this, to see if it solves a problem I had with TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress.

Details with TMPGENc Support Team below:

My Issue:

> I get the error code: 0X8007000E: insufficient storage space or memory
> even though I have 8 GB of RAM on my system.

TMPGEnc Support:

> This error comes up if there was really not enough memory for
> the application. There is a limit, one application can use at
> least 2GB memory.
> Memory problem happens most by AVCHD but it can be used very much
> too by HD movies.
> Normally .m2ts files are so heavy and so difficult to handle.
> Not enough memory means XPress 4 uses only 2 GB.
> This is because XPress 4 is a 32 bit application.

david@euro-pacific.com  2011-04-23 02:54:09 ( ID:a8bxzhikpf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE - IT DOES NOT WORK ON 64 BIT SYSTEM. I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY AND THERE IS NO REFUND. THIS COMPANY STINKS!!!!

SUPPORT WAS USELESS. SAID THAT I SHOULD HAVE READ THE DISCLAIMER BEFORE UPGRADING. IT SAYS IT WORKS, BUT IT DOES NOT.

Moon Shadow  2011-04-24 12:07:30 ( ID:wxjhjkvto/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had this problem with a previous version of this software. It went away when i installed ver 5.05.32.

latin_l3oi  2011-04-25 14:25:04 ( ID:gbbzlipw9c. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I had this problem with a previous version of this software. It went away when i installed ver 5.05.32.

Oh ok, so TMPEnc Video Mastering Works 5 (v5.05.32.) solves the 0X8007000E: insufficient storage space or memory problem?

ViperGeek  2011-04-26 12:45:49 ( ID:bbg2bsmmsrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc VMW5 is a 32-bit application, but runs very well on my 8GB 64-bit Windows 7 system. My recommendation would be to download the trial and see if you can exceed the 4GB address space.

- Dave

Rafale  2011-09-19 03:40:30 ( ID:9wqsiuqzgm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry for you but the trial work very good when you buy it and use the retail version it's not the same music....
Some encoding who working in trial freeze in retail with the same original wtv file...no comment for the support...

Question - Transcoding to HD quality No.64600
jmcalifa  2011-04-22 04:08:47 ( ID:mlg51qgw6fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone give me specs on what would be good, quality HD video? I am transcoding loads of video, and have some clients wanting HD. Provide bitrate, size, etc..if possible. I have version 5

Thanks a bunch.

Question - Xvid Encoding on Mastering Works No.64590
GSH  2011-04-20 06:14:43 ( ID:xw0tm/phjif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anybody give me some advice. I am attempting to encode Xvid avi files via Mastering Works but the file size remians constant at +-2500kbps, i have adjusted all the codec settings with regards to file size but theere is no change in the size, does anybody have some advice

davesocal  2011-05-07 04:25:17 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You didn't mention your output format.

However you might try using variable bit rate (VBR). Either way (CBR or VBR) use the settings page (click on the settings button next to the rate control mode pull down selection menu) to adjust your average bitrate down to where you want the file size to be. The settings are all under the "Format" tab located at the top of the page.

Question - Avisynth.AVS Cut-Edit Display jerky No.64578
davesocal  2011-04-18 07:11:34 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc Master Works 5 v5.0.5.32
When I use an avisynth.avs file as an input source (S-Definition mpeg2 video) the display playback in the cut-edit page is very jerky, stop-and-go, making sync issues, or anything, impossible to view.

Playing the same avisynth.avs video file in TMPGEnc XPress 4.0 gives a smooth playback and I can easily see if the audio is in sync or not.

I'm having these problems since I upgraded my computer motherboard and video to Intel-DG45ID w/Q8400-Core2Quad 2.66GHz processor, 4GB memory and an ASUS ENGT240 NVIDIA (CUDA 2.63) PCI express video card (1GB DDR3 VRAM).

I have CUDA enabled (turning it off makes no difference).

My old motherboard HP-Intel-G915 Express chipset/P4 3.0GHz processor, with integrated video and audio did not have this problem.

Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Many Thanks :)

Moon Shadow  2011-04-24 12:22:01 ( ID:wxjhjkvto/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you keep the old installation and replace the hardware or did you reinstall the everything including the operating system? If you just replaced the hardware and kept the old install, make sure that the previous video, chipset and audio drivers are removed and then install the new ones, including any specific software the old hardware, example would be the old audio equalizer or motherboard monitoring software. If your new hardware is dramatically different than the old, such as a different processor manufacturer, then you should do a clean installation if possible (I know, a royal pain).

Moon Shadow  2011-04-24 12:26:51 ( ID:wxjhjkvto/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see you did stay with Intel for the CPU but it may not see all the processor cores without reinstalling the operating system or at least a repair install and if it sees only one CPU core then it is running at 1/4 of your computing power.

davesocal  2011-05-07 03:34:04 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the suggestions.

I look in preferrences under CPU/GPU and see all the following enabled:
Enable MMX, Enable MMX-2, Enable SSE, Enable SSE2, Enable SSE3, Enable SSSE3,
Enable SSE4.

Also shows:
Physical CPu: 1
Core: 4
Logical CPU: 4

Other items are greyed out.

Any one know of any settings that need to be changed?

thx :)

Question - Pass Through Audio No.64565
bungholio  2011-04-11 20:11:39 ( ID:lhlfwbnrt72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really like the new software, is there anyway to use the original source audio instead of re-encoding it?

davesocal  2011-05-07 03:30:31 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the suggestions.

I look in preferrences under CPU/GPU and see all the following enabled:
Enable MMX, Enable MMX-2, Enable SSE, Enable SSE2, Enable SSE3, Enable SSSE3,
Enable SSE4.

Also shows:
Physical CPu: 1
Core: 4
Logical CPU: 4

Other items are greyed out.

Any one know of any settings that need to be changed?

thx :)

davesocal  2011-05-07 04:10:00 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whoops! Don't know how my last message ended up here. :(

RE: Pass-through audio
Process your video as Elementary video-only (NOT process the audio) when you transcode the video. Then add the original audio back in when you author your finished video.

If your video/audio comes to you in the original container, use the MPEG Tools and demux the video/audio first and then just transcode the video. Or if TMPGEnc MW5 can't read the demuxed video file, then process your original file as Elementary (video only).

You didn't mention anything else about your workflow so I hope this helps.

Request - Risizing and aspect ratio No.64563
Dima  2011-04-09 02:47:39 ( ID:tiupqbxydxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, your Video Mastering software is amazing! I've been trying the trial version and completely impressed by MPEG2 and AVC/MKV encoding features, and prepared to buy the full version. There's just one thing that's missing, and would extremely help me. I'm converting video from 8mm tapes, using Matrox MXO2 mini capture box, capturing uncompressed AVI files at 720x576.
My videos have some tape distortion on the bottom and tiny distortions or black lines on the top and sides. I crop those distortions to get the pure video. Now I'm trying to convert the video using x264 encoding at 1280x720 50fps (deinterlaced), which does look nice on several TVs I tried. The issue I'm having is related to cropping and getting the right display ratio.

The closest thing that I found so far is if I set 1280x720 with 'Display 4:3' option. If I crop the way I want it, the software records little black bars on the bottom screen. Now if I tweak the cropping, by cropping more on the sides, then it perfectly creates the full screen video. But this way I do loose some little recording on the sides. Would it be possible to have a custom display aspect ratio choice, or if the software could automatically set the right aspect ratio of (for ex:) 720x576 full screen PAL video, based on the cropping done?

Thanks!

Dima  2011-04-09 03:04:01 ( ID:tiupqbxydxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I mean is instead of the software having to record the black bars, I'd like the codec to correctly create the black bars on the sides, based on how I cropped the video, maintaining the correct aspect ratio by the codec, of the new cropped video :-)

Question - Illegal Floating Decimal Point error No.64550
Bob  2011-04-06 09:15:48 ( ID:u96a1mykrxo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed the trial version. I've been using Express 4.0 with no problems but wanted to try the latest. I'm getting an error right away whenever I try to encode something, does not matter what it is, I always get this error:

http://www.panix.com/~am_dew/error.jpg

Any ideas?

Question - surround sound in divx files No.64534
gaz  2011-04-02 18:10:05 ( ID:nwz1/sxqmnn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Am I correct that the ability to have surround sound in
divx is not included in this product. I have used authoring works and it does have surround sound in divx so I was expecting this to be available. A plugin has been mentioned. I do not seem to have the plugin??? have missed it?
thanks for any help.

Question - CUDA error No.64532
vidcel  2011-04-02 07:07:47 ( ID:cd/q/vvmet2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is coming up with CUDA error 4 when encoding any filters. VGA is Gigabyte GTX560Ti GV-N560OC-1GI latest drivers from NVIDIA

Request - Do you plan to implement SMART ENCODING of H.264 stream in the future? No.64529
arturrol  2011-04-01 19:08:50 ( ID:kx6cvy6ojbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you plan to implement SMART ENCODING of H.264 stream in the future?

Best Regards
Arthur

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.