TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 36 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question DVD Clips Dennis 1 2011-04-01 17:10:42
Request B-pyramid pwnsweet 0 2011-03-30 23:35:08
Question Normalization vs. Uniformization Doug Nelson 0 2011-03-27 14:17:02
Question Templates for Apple TV, iPad HD sas123 0 2011-03-27 02:32:21
Question Nice Try goldstar_one 2 2011-04-08 04:31:31
Question Importing MTS Files Xcellman 0 2011-03-25 19:04:16
Question Subtitle problem Bobo Kans 1 2011-04-07 23:30:23
Question Sandy Bridge and CUDA support Etherel15 3 2011-03-29 01:17:37
Question CUDA encoding for H264 no faster? Creative Control Communications Inc. 1 2011-03-26 04:13:11
Question Horrible to look at, needs skins dasfoo 2 2011-03-26 04:14:16
Question Is x264 better then CUDA in quality terms? Yakudza 1 2011-03-15 20:03:52
Question Can frames from .m2ts file from Blu-ray discs be cut out w/o re-encoding or quality loss? c627627 3 2011-03-16 02:43:51

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 36 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - DVD Clips No.64524
Dennis  2011-04-01 00:02:34 ( ID:mnoilwlymyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the "Source Wizard" to select a movie from a DVD, it then copies the DVD to a temporary file with a .dvddata extension. I then realize I've forgotten to select a subtitle track. How do I do this after the Wizard has done it's stuff? Do I have to start the Wizard all over again remembering to select the subtitle this time and wait for it to make the another backup?

D.

Dennis  2011-04-01 17:10:42 ( ID:mnoilwlymyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In reply to my own question yes you can change both subtitles and audio track settings. The Audio is simple as it is an option under "Clip Properties | Audio". The subtitles are a bit more hidden. They are in the "Clip Properties | Video" section. There you can select the Subtitle stream in "Video Properties" then click "Apply". Not exactly intuitive I would say!

D.

Request - B-pyramid No.64516
pwnsweet  2011-03-30 23:35:08 ( ID:wiy8isiexrn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Your program is really really good now that you've incorporated x264. I noticed that b-pyramid is set to '0' (ie, not active) even on the 'very slow' preset. This is major oversight. Please create a new preset (called 'Insane' perhaps?) which has b-pyramid=2.

Question - Normalization vs. Uniformization No.64506
Doug Nelson  2011-03-27 14:17:02 ( ID:axlkbiwp/go )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a recorded training session between two people. The volume of one remains constant, but the volume of the other slowly decreases throughout the session. It's a conversation, so the audio is constantly mixed, and it is mono.

Which would I use to fix this, normalization or uniformization? Do either of them continually resample and adjust, or do they simply analyze the entire video and then apply one setting to the entire output?

Thanks in advance.

Question - Templates for Apple TV, iPad HD No.64505
sas123  2011-03-27 02:32:21 ( ID:dkd/s9dgfef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want easy to use templates for HD playback on Apple TV. Where do I get a template for that? I see some templates for iPod, etc but not for Apple TV and the one for iPad seems to be only standard quality.
Thanks,

Question - Nice Try No.64503
goldstar_one  2011-03-27 01:02:34 ( ID:evylihqtg3f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice try, but still doesn't come close to other products, in both speed and ease of use. Took almost 3 hours to encode an HD movie into MP4 AVC when my other video editor did the same job in 20 mins, with equal output quality, and smaller file size. Still no ATI stream support for GPU encoding

tkrave  2011-03-31 02:49:56 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So...what are these other products? Maybe people would like to try them.

ViperGeek  2011-04-08 04:31:31 ( ID:nwerjlgambo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I actually did a little bit of testing before purchasing, and while I have a few video encoders that work much faster or a little faster, the fastest conversions were "harsh" or overly edge-enhanced, and the smoothness of the motion wasn't up to TMPGEnc levels.

With CUDA assistance, TMPGEnc is reasonably fast and a good balance between "Do you want it fast?" and "Do you want it good?"

- Dave

Question - Importing MTS Files No.64498
Xcellman  2011-03-25 19:04:16 ( ID:qly5xrzvvmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used 4.0 Xpress for years. My Canon video camera creates a new clip everytime the record button is turned on and off. Some of my projects have hundreds of clips. I upgraded to Mastering Works but when I try and import a folder from DVD, BD wizard I get a MTS warning and I have to click through every clip takes 20 minutes to import all the clips. I have the "when adding several clip" option set to do not display the editing window. Anyone know how to import multipule MTS files (Canon ACVHD) files all at once? This was not a problem in 4.0 Xpress

Question - Subtitle problem No.64496
Bobo Kans  2011-03-25 02:07:20 ( ID:oxjgvrfvpu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, hello..
i wish to create slideshow with exif metadata as subtitle text. Everything shown in edit window is fine, but soon as i close it, it shows me Untitled under every slide (also after outputing). Thnx in advance for any advice!

Bobo Kans  2011-04-07 23:30:23 ( ID:mzvobjwvick )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, it shows "Unknown". Anybody any ideas?

Question - Sandy Bridge and CUDA support No.64482
Etherel15  2011-03-21 06:32:31 ( ID:nahnulp4l5g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was very excited to get a program that would use the power of my new intel Sandy Bridge Core i5-2500k processor, as well as the CUDA in my NVIDIA N460GTX.

I've been a faithful user of TMPGenc Xpress 4 on my old Core2 Duo and noticed that using Xpress 4 on my new comp didn't utilize all its features or cores. the new VMW5 software however advertises to be optimized for Sandy Bridge, as well as CUDA support! But it doesn't seem to capable of using these properly.

1) while encoding video (Tried 6+ formats) I NEVER go above 50% CPU usage from this process. Either it still does not support quad cores, or it does a really bad job of it (all 4 of my cores do seem to share the load evenly, they're all only about 50% usage).

2) Even after turning all the CUDA preferences to on, doing the optimization, and restarting the program multiple times, as well as setting my MPEG encoders to CUDA, while encoding I only see CPU=100% and CUDA=0%. My GPU shows up in the preferences, it tests it just fine, and I've selected every CUDA option available--it just won't use it.

I was really hoping on using my new tech to make my video editing 5x faster, but at the moment its only marginally faster, am I doing something wrong? How do I get my full potential out of this $100 peice of software! Thanks

tkrave  2011-03-22 02:53:40 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) What is your CPU priority? Set it to the highest level. Are you using any other programs on your computer while encoding?

2) Are you using the MPEG-4 AVC format for output and selecting "CUDA" for the video encoder?

Likewise, for Sandy Bridge, you will need to select the MPEG-4 AVC format in the Format stage and select "Intel Media SDK" as the video encoder.

Etherel15  2011-03-22 15:19:04 ( ID:nahnulp4l5g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) While in foreground Highest, on background its on normal. There are no other programs using resources while I ran my tests. My CPU was usually around 50% to 60% max overall for my entire computer while running TMPG. There was easily at least 40% of my CPU that was just idle. I've made sure all my settings (both on the BIOS and in Windows) are for high performance, allowing 100% CPU usage (so in otherwords, not throttled by something silly like power management). the processing power is there, its just not being used for some odd reason. I can start more programs, and they will start using up that extra CPU, but I can't get TMPG to utilize it past about 50%.

2)Yup. Within preferences under the CPU-->NVidia CUDA I have Enable and Use CUDA, and I have my GPU selected, and have done performance optimization. In Mpeg-->Mpeg Video Decoder, I have selected Cuda Hardware option for all of them. (and have tested mpeg4 using the intel media SDK standard--no CPU difference). While actually in a project, having selected MPEG formats, I make sure to select CUDA under the "Video Encoder" drop list. Am I missing any other areas that I need to select/configure CUDA in??

Thanks for showing some helpful stuff though tkrave. Got any other suggestions maybe?

donp  2011-03-29 01:17:37 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any chance that you are I/O limited by your disk drive read/write speed?

Question - CUDA encoding for H264 no faster? No.64477
Creative Control Communications Inc.  2011-03-19 07:01:47 ( ID:62auos1ziuk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm currently testing the Master Works 5 and was hoping for some speedup in encoding H.264 using CUDA. I have a GTX470 with the latest drivers.

When encoding with MPEG4(AVC) using the CUDA encoder (all CUDA features enabled) there is no noticeable speed increase at all. The GPU activity meter says it's running at about 5%.

Is there something I'm missing or does it just not work as advertised?

Seems very lackluster for something that should be much faster.

Diceman2037  2011-03-26 04:13:11 ( ID:n.st5sh/bnl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the CUDA % listed at the bottom actually corresponds to the decoding done via the VPU, i've noticed it myself that the CUDA % never displays the encoding usage.

you can check in gpu-z, the encoding should be using a bit of the GPU usage, while decoding uses the VPU.

Question - Horrible to look at, needs skins No.64472
dasfoo  2011-03-17 06:50:00 ( ID:l3bb.ghvkio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been a licensed TMPGenc user since at least ver 2.5 but I don't think I'll be using this new version 5 unless they make alternate skins available. The change in colors and the ridiculously larger and garish icons are so visually distracting and confusing that I don't even know what to do from screen to screen -- and this is from someone with hundreds of hours of experience in version 4, which is probably not too different in the nuts&bolts.

The GUI of this product is really horrible. I hope you guys can do something about it. I won't be using version 5 as long it gives me a headache to look at.

tkrave  2011-03-17 11:10:19 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For me, the GUI is not a dealbreaker...I'm actually a bit shocked you dislike it that much. I personally had no problems using TVMW5. There's a bit of a learning curve in timeline mode, since they've never done anything like it before, but other than that, I don't see how you could be confused; everything other than the timeline is setup very much like 4.0 XPress.

diceman2037  2011-03-26 04:14:16 ( ID:n.st5sh/bnl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

actually, at first glance i hated it too, but you can tolerate it......

Question - Is x264 better then CUDA in quality terms? No.64464
Yakudza  2011-03-15 15:31:45 ( ID:fb.jfddyo.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is x264 better then CUDA in quality terms?
With x264 it is possible to encode 2-pass, CUDA only 1-pass
And what about quality?

marty56  2011-03-15 20:03:52 ( ID:nzksbywyttl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IMHO software CPU based encoding is always as good or better than using CUDA or even Sandy Bridge. The only thing CUDA and Sandy bridge offers is speed.

Question - Can frames from .m2ts file from Blu-ray discs be cut out w/o re-encoding or quality loss? No.64458
c627627  2011-03-14 14:03:56 ( ID:bwr8coh7nqg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After simply cutting out a short part out a Blu-ray .m2ts file, how can I tell TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 to simply export the edited file without the cut out part? Does it have to re-encode it for hours?

If this can happen by setting the Output format to be exactly the same as the original .m2ts file, where can *all* original file's properties be viewed so that they can be entered correctly, is there no simpler way to instruct the program to make no other changes, just cut out the small part out of the file as edited?

That way the operation should take as long as it takes to copy paste the original file more or less. Can this be done?

tkrave  2011-03-15 02:08:24 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope. No smart rendering in this program.

c627627  2011-03-15 06:42:40 ( ID:bwr8coh7nqg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to cut out a small portion out of a 30GB Blu-ray .m2ts file without success using videoredo, tssniper, h264_ts cutter, and tsMuxeR. They are just too buggy for the end result to be OK.

Any suggestions as to another one I can still try?

tkrave  2011-03-16 02:43:51 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 and TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 have smart rendering. As long as your Blu-ray is MPEG-2 encoded and conforms to the official specs, it will not be re-encoded except for the edited parts.

TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme3.html

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.