TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 3 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question My liscence is gone Sébastien Maibeche 0 2023-11-16 19:21:31
Free talk We have confirmed the affected products start up properly. Development team 0 2023-08-25 15:06:01
Free talk The installer of TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 that has been corrected is currently available. Development team 0 2023-08-24 17:09:14
Question latest update won't install - no clue why benoitm 6 2020-10-13 02:13:23
Bug report HEVC MKV editin is unusable slow Florian Gamper 6 2020-08-29 23:41:56
Bug report not play sound in exported file Devid 0 2020-03-16 15:47:13
Question Program crashes right after opening. Raponator 0 2022-08-20 11:18:06
Question re-encapsulate audio-only DASH into plain AAC/MP4 benoitm 0 2019-10-01 21:51:29
Question Why no Dolby True HD/Atmos Support Kev 0 2019-04-26 22:40:02
Question Dolby Analyzer audio sync rbronco21 0 2019-01-25 16:51:26
Question Smart Rendering Analysis (Too Much Re-encoding) ukmark62 3 2019-06-06 05:32:05
Question Hownto use transition effects in clips? Hrollod 1 2018-11-09 16:25:40

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 3 ]   Next > >>
Question - My liscence is gone No.72259
Sébastien Maibeche  2023-11-16 19:21:31 ( ID:kdqoi689oyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I bought TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 a few years ago and it always worked fine. I could use the program without problem. But now I get this when I login :

This user account is now invalid because no valid product has currently been registered.
Please register your valid product from the form below in order to validate the account.

I don't understand... all I did was reseting my password because I didn't have it anymore, but it shouldn't have caused that...

Thanks for help

Free talk - We have confirmed the affected products start up properly. No.72203
Development team  Home )  2023-08-25 15:06:01 ( ID:TMPGEnc Net )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your continued support of Pegasys products.

As for the issue with some of our products (prior to August 2021) that the application does not start due to the error "The executable file is different from the original".

The revocation of said certificate has been cancelled, and we have confirmed the affected products start up properly.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Free talk - The installer of TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 that has been corrected is currently available. No.72174
Development team  2023-08-24 17:09:14 ( ID:TMPGEnc Net )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your continued support of Pegasys products.

As for the issue with some of our products (prior to August 2021) that the application does not start due to the error "The executable file is different from the original".

The installer of TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 that has been corrected is currently available.

You can download the file from the link below:
https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/index.html#endproduct
*Please note that user registration is required to download it.

We are still in the process of confirming the possibility of restoring other products.
We will announce the availability of the other products as soon as possible at the following website.
https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/information/info_20230823.html

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Question - latest update won't install - no clue why No.71596
benoitm  2020-08-31 21:51:07 ( ID:bqo2o.1l24f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am a happy TMSR5 user since many years.
I have 5.0.22.28 fully licensed up and running on my Win10/1903 machine.
When I run the 5.2.23.29 installer, I get a "The specified acccount already exists" message, then the installation rolls back & aborts.

I have no clue....Any idea ???

The A/V on this machine is Windows' built-in Windows Security

benoitm  2020-09-08 21:05:22 ( ID:bqo2o.1l24f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear TMPGEnc,

Please answer this question !
I tried to fill a Support request, but when validating the questionnaire, I allways get "CUDA function has not been entered."

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACH YOU NOW TO GET SUPPORT !
I AM A RETURNING PAYING CUTOMER !!!

Jacques  Home )  2020-09-09 00:19:07 ( ID:hhpsbva1z9h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Same problem here. The update ends with the same error message.

WorBry  2020-09-26 10:58:54 ( ID:uzrozo6zhl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having exactly the same issue. You'd think they would have fixed it by now.

WorBry  2020-10-01 12:16:38 ( ID:uzrozo6zhl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've reported the issue to Technical Support.

WorBry  2020-10-01 23:42:53 ( ID:uzrozo6zhl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, this was the response from Technical Support:

"The error "The specified account already exists" occurred during installation or uninstallation.

If the error happens, some functions of the Windows installer may not work properly.

Please try the following troubleshooting tool provided by Microsoft.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

If the above download link is not available, please download it from the following link.
https://download1.pegasys-inc.com/download_files//MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab"

What worked for me was running the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab file from the second download link. It scans for problems and then asks 'Are you having a problem installing or uninstalling a problem ?'. I chose 'uninstalling'. It then checks the registry and gives a list of programs to choose from. Select TMPGenc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 on the list. It then asks 'Uninstall and clean-up ?'. Select 'Yes, try uninstall'. It then fixed the problem and I was able to install version 5.2.23.29 successfully.

Hope that helps others.

benoitm  2020-10-13 02:13:23 ( ID:bqo2o.1l24f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@WorBry

That worked for me too, thanks for sharing !

Bug report - HEVC MKV editin is unusable slow No.71384
Florian Gamper  2019-10-23 21:48:08 ( ID:umhghcxfegw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I'm trying to cut 'x265/HEVC' '.Mkv' files.
All the files I've tested, regardless of being 8 or 10 Bit Main take a very long time to load and when the editor opens, skipping takes ages .. somtimes over 1 minute to jump 5 Minutes forward. I also remuxed the files to '.ts' to see if it's the format but that does not change a thing

While skipping, the GPU (I'm using GPU Decoding) is going up on 50%. If I use CPU Decoding the CPU goes to 100%. Scrolling 1 frame back and forth works.

It looks like it decodes the movie always from the beginning, as skipping to somwhere at the beginning of the movie is much faster (10 seconds) then at to the end (>10min)

Florian Gamper  2019-12-18 03:37:07 ( ID:ydxivmu/3ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone ever used TMPEGENC 5 for editing HEVC/x265 mkv files, longer than 5 minutes.

I filed my Bug report 2 Months ago and I have not heard back from them ... I start thinking that the software is basicly unable to do so !

tkrave  2019-12-27 14:27:38 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't work with those file types so I can't say. Have you tried contacting them directly about this?

FlorianGamper  2020-02-27 09:29:21 ( ID:7bemccjwpdk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Still no response for them

HELLOOOOO

I filed one with them directly and send test files ... but
If I write them I get a "it's under investigation" ... for 5 Months ?

Snoopy329  2020-06-04 09:58:12 ( ID:ofmi6hikmil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Florian Gamper. I sent you an email but you didn't reply. The problem lies with the H.265 encoding. It seems that Smart Renderer 5 cannot handle the x265 codec even though it claims it can. I have had to rencode all of my 4k H.265 video files to H.264 and now they all work flawlessly in smart renderer 5.

Florian Gamper  2020-08-29 23:18:48 ( ID:ydxivmu/3ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not exactly sure how reencoding HEVC Videos to h264
helps editing HEVC Videos. I want this codec and TMPGENC claims to be able to SmartEdit it.

BTW. Last version no can handle HEVC 8 Bit files. 10 Bit still broken.

Florian Gamper  2020-08-29 23:41:56 ( ID:ydxivmu/3ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh, and even funnier, The Video Engine seems to be capable of doing it,
As the Video Mastering Suite 7 has no problem properly opening a 10Bit HEVC file.
But it cannot smart render the cut's :(

It's now over a year since I filed the bug and nothing has been done
Very Sad

Bug report - not play sound in exported file No.71383
Devid  2019-10-15 19:42:03 ( ID:w8zswdtl5jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I export the file in a mkv container with sound in flac format. On a pc, the file plays normally. Hardware media player "Dune Smart D1" does not play sound in this file.
Tmpgenc creates non full compatible flac file. I tried export elementary streams and reencoded this “flac” file again "flac" format using another program and mixed it using the Tmpgenc “Advanced Tools”. This file now normally playing hardware media player.

sample files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11WgTYY2d7NVNGuErjBiP-FAvMqstRzuq/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DFPa-azlmHR59TJcIAxr5Hvj4KVTr9cb/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1HtpuoC13xZs_4rCVSwAC8OpZurQaX8/view?usp=sharing

"Please excuse my english."

Question - Program crashes right after opening. No.71380
Raponator  2019-10-12 19:30:27 ( ID:rox/jlu05ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As soon as I open the program it crashes. I've attempted to reinstall it to a different location, cleaned registry of all entries and it continues to crash upon opening. I'm using Windows 10 x64, i7 4790, plenty of hard drive space gtx1080ti. The program was working fine until I rebooted the computer one day.

Question - re-encapsulate audio-only DASH into plain AAC/MP4 No.71375
benoitm  2019-10-01 21:51:29 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a bunch of DASH AAC (audio only) files that are not recognized by my video editing app. I need to re-encapsulate into regular AAC/MP4 audio-only files.
I wanted to use the tools I already have for this, but since TMSR5 doesn't seem to accept audio-only file, I need to find another way...suggestions ?

Question - Why no Dolby True HD/Atmos Support No.71254
Kev  2019-04-26 22:40:02 ( ID:zqkpo9x8l/m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When are you going to support more up to date audio formats like Dolby True HD/Atmos, DTS HD etc. ??

You keep up to date with the video formats like Hevc265 4K, 8K etc yet for some reason you stick with only old audio formats like LPCM, mpeg 2, and Dolby Digital 5.1 which is from the SD DVD days!

This lack of support is preventing me from upgrading from SmartRender4.

Question - Dolby Analyzer audio sync No.71199
rbronco21  2019-01-25 16:51:26 ( ID:g7maywetvmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I use the Dolby Analyzer and rescue 5.1 audio, my audio sync is off by a large margin. If there a fix for this or is there a manual adjustment I need to make?

Question - Smart Rendering Analysis (Too Much Re-encoding) No.71153
ukmark62  2018-12-16 01:50:45 ( ID:hr1m1ptj2qr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm comparing TMPGEnc SR5 with VideoRedo. Specifically, if I import a .ts file (DVB-T2 Freeview HD UK programmes recorded via USB tuner), and then edit out the commercials and any unwanted parts, VideoRedo only re-encodes at the cut points (usually between 10-20 frames for each cut point), then saving the file is very quick. However, with TMPGEnc SR5, the smart render analysis highlights many other places that will be re-encoded, even though those parts have not been changed in any way. The amount of re-encoding undertaken by SR5 varies for each video file I have, but VideoRedo is consistent in that re-encoding is only performed at cut points. Sometimes, SR5 re-encodes up to 20% or more of the file, even though less than 1% of it has been edited.

I really like SR5 but the amount of re-encoding it does compared with VideoRedo is a deal breaker for me. I can't find a setting to alter the amount of re-encoding performed by SR5, but the smart encoding section does appear to be unreliable and inconsistent vs VideoRedo. Any ideas out there??

TIA

tkrave  2018-12-21 04:03:58 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the latest version of TMSR5? They are version 5.0.18.24 as of this post.

Did you actually output with TMSR5 or just use the analyzer?

Twyzle  2019-02-14 08:02:03 ( ID:nfq7o3ltmnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have to concur with 'ukmark62'on his re-encoding observation. I too was very much surprised to see just how many frames were being re-encoded after a simple unfiltered cut; after all, in the advertising of TMPGEnc SR5, the implication is quite the opposite. In a recent edit of a 2 minute video, (where only 1 cut was being applied), I noticed that 300+ frames were due for re-encoding! The video is a 4K MP4 and runs at 25 fps; so what's that?.....12 seconds of re-encoding in a 2 minute vid...just say it need another cut and maybe another!
One work around I use is to do keyframe cuts only (which sort of defeats the apps purpose), another is to use 2 other freely available programs.
Another thing I've noticed is, if you fade the audio just at the video end - surprisingly, all the audio gets re-encoded.
Although it's not the one-stop quick-grab app I was hoping for; it still does a sturdy job of joining vids (Audio and Video are in synch every time!); it's never crashed and it's GUI is clear and intuitive. Ohh.....so close!

rocknight  2019-06-06 05:32:05 ( ID:awjofucz/2j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 4k video of near 2 hours, and I split it in 3 parts of 23 min., it says it reencode almost all the video! and says it takes around 4 hours, I aborted the process after 45 min.

What can be the mistake?

Question - Hownto use transition effects in clips? No.71097
Hrollod  2018-10-27 20:05:24 ( ID:eyrz3zd5ama )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i love the program to trim files without quality loss but i have a question. I want to use transition effects to mask obvious cuts but i have no idea how to. Thanks!

tkrave  2018-11-09 16:25:40 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you looked at the help file?
http://help.pegasys-inc.com/en/tmsr5/04900.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.