TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 27 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Dose TMpgEnc Plus support rmvb clips Stephen Lo 0 2005-04-13 01:15:37
Question TmpGenc Crashes darkrazor 2 2005-05-23 22:21:32
Question chapter menu cknb 0 2005-04-09 15:27:18
Question Combining multiple vob files msg0 1 2005-04-09 13:58:22
Question Convert RMVB to Mpeg = no audio skittles 1 2005-04-08 22:33:49
Question Burn AVI VBR or RMVB VBR into VCD sunlwy 1 2005-04-08 18:16:07
Bug report MP2 audio problem with TMPGenc doveman 4 2005-04-08 18:10:34
Question Avi codec not shown Jack 5 2005-04-11 20:51:31
Question Noob question - multiple AVIs onto a DVD Bull_Dog 4 2005-04-10 23:21:35
Question Subtitles position vchavez 3 2005-04-06 15:04:06
Question No video on output Unimatsuriku 2 2006-05-27 10:36:19
Question High bitrate mpeg-II zACmAN 2 2005-04-06 11:03:06

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 27 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Dose TMpgEnc Plus support rmvb clips No.43127
Stephen Lo  2005-04-13 01:15:37 ( ID:wwqd9hilsur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My friend suggested me using TMpgEnc Plus to convert rmvb video clips to DVD (Mpeg 2) format and burn in DVD-R. I tried it but found that TMpgEnc Plus dose not support video clips in rm /rmvb format. How could i do the conversion?

Thank you!!

SLo

Question - TmpGenc Crashes No.43124
darkrazor  2005-04-11 03:18:31 ( ID:8ymdtorkhb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im trying to encode an avi + a sub file in SRT format but the moment i preview it in tmpgenc or start encoding, tmpGenc just crashes.

im using vobsub as my codec for the subs. what is the solution to this problem?
thanks

ajccs  2005-05-23 21:27:23 ( ID:erui8z44duj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have the same problem...

anyone?

ajccs  2005-05-23 22:21:32 ( ID:erui8z44duj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this only happens with sp2...
i have another pc with windows xp without sp2 and works fine

Question - chapter menu No.43123
cknb  2005-04-09 15:27:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 6 AVI's that I want to put onto a dvd but have a menu to choose each chapter. I can convert them with divx to dvd but it has been suggested that tmpgenc can do that and give me a menu. I have tpmgenc 2.5. Does any one have a step by step guide on how to do this.

Question - Combining multiple vob files No.43121
msg0  2005-04-08 23:55:51 ( ID:kxini3lfsp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am multiplexing 5 vob files and creating a jpeg file. When I do that, only the first one seems to get created into a jpeg file, but the file size of the jpeg file is the same as all the vob files together. I added all of them into the list to be created, but only the first one is converted.

ashy  2005-04-09 13:58:22 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry, but you're doing what?

You are attempting to convert 5 VOB files to JPEGs?!
You do realise this will create thousands and thousands of JPEG images don't you?
Why do you wish to do this as I can't really see a need to?

Also what do you mean you are multiplexing 5 VOBs? You can't multiplex them together as you will end up with one big VOB that contains 5 tracks and then you would need special software to select and play each track.

Question - Convert RMVB to Mpeg = no audio No.43119
skittles  2005-04-08 21:55:50 ( ID:uxeq6opd7vg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried using TMPGenc 2.5 to convert my RMVB files to MPeg however the video converts but I don't get any AUDIO?

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!

ashy  2005-04-08 22:33:49 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You'll need to extract the audio to wav first.

Question - Burn AVI VBR or RMVB VBR into VCD No.43117
sunlwy  2005-04-08 07:48:12 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Face problem of converting avi or rmvb vbr into vcd. Using software like Winavi or Nero express can not perform the above request. Please advise.

ashy  2005-04-08 18:16:07 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm afraid were gonna need more than that mate! What is the exact problem, what steps have you taken and what errors did you get?

Bug report - MP2 audio problem with TMPGenc No.43112
doveman  2005-04-06 15:47:42 ( ID:4ui.mxzyxok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having trouble converting an AVI to an MPG file that consists of MPEG-2 video and Layer 2 audio.

I used a program called DIKO to create an SVCD and when I checked it with AVIcodec, it was shown as MPEG-2 (SVCD/DVD) video but MPEG-1 Layer 1 audio.

I'm trying to create a disc that will play on a friend's standalone DVD player, and I was a bit dubious as to whether this would be compatible, so I set about trying to create a file containing Layer 2 audio with TMPGenc.

I tried multiplexing the files DIKO created (TA.m2v and TA.mp2) with TMPGenc, but the mpg still shows in AVIcodec as Layer 1 audio, even though the mp2 shows in Winamp as being Layer 2.

I tried extracting the audio from the original AVI, using Stream type: ES(Audio only) to make an mp2 but when I played it back with Winamp, it was silent!

I then tried doing some tests with TMPGenc and a small clip of the AVI file, and I found that if I use the SVCD template, the MPG will show in AVIcodec as containing Layer 2 audio whatever bitrate is used (well, without me fiddling
with it anyway), but if I use the DVD template, 44khz 224Kbps or 44/48khz 128Kbps creates an mpg that AVIcodec shows as containing Layer 2 audio, but 48khz 384Kbps (which is what TMPGenc defaults to and I assume is the DVD standard) produces an mpg that AVIcodec shows as containing Layer 1 audio.

Also, if I de-multiplex an mpg that AVIcodec shows as containing Layer 2 audio, the resulting mp2 shows in AVIcodec as Layer 1 audio. If I then multiplex the files back again, AVIcodec shows the resulting mpg as containing Layer 2 audio again!

Can anyone explain any or all of the above?

ashy  2005-04-07 23:56:40 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I don't know what you are doing wrong, but it seems like your codecs on your system are well messed up if AVIcodec can't decide what's what.

I have no problem with it as you can see below:
DVD:
Audio : 80 MB, 320 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

SVCD:
Audio : 10 MB, 224 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

VCD:
Audio : 218 KB, 224 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

ashy  2005-04-08 00:19:50 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just done further tests and AVIcodec won't even show an audio source if it's Mp2 at 384 Kb/s.
No problem at 320 Kb/s. Looks like a bug in AVI codec cuz my other programs report it as correct.

doveman  2005-04-08 13:10:11 ( ID:4ui.mxzyxok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply Ashy.

As you say, it looks like a bug in AVIcodec. I've e-mailed the author, but haven't had a reply yet.

I think I've only installed ffdshow's codecs, so it could be a bug in that as well, but if you're not using ffdshow it's probably AVIcodec. I'm not that thrilled with ffdshow anyway, because if I'm playing an avi or mpg that uses it, I can't minimise the player (Media Player Classic or PowerDVD), because the picture on my TV freezes, which doesn't happen when playing a file that doesn't use ffdshow.

I tried TMPGenc's DVD template at 320kbps and AVIcodec reports the bitrate correctly, but still shows it's size as 0.0B like this:

Audio : 0.0 B, 320 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

The file is only 60MB, so maybe AVIcodec has problems with files this small, but it could be the codecs. Do you know of any other program that I can use to check the details of mpg's. I tried Gspot, but that doesn't work with MPEG's.

Do you know if 320kbps audio is within DVD specs? If so, I'll just use this for now and give it to my friend, as well as the SVCD that DIKO created and ask him to check whether they both work OK.

ashy  2005-04-08 18:10:34 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There isn't really a limit to the bitrate you can use for the audio, minimum or maximum.
In fact 320 Kb/s is overkill for MP2 as it's only 2 channel audio. However I always tend to use the maximum a program will let me if I have the space on the disk.

As long as the total max bitrate for the video and audio combined doesn't exceed 9800 Kb/s then there will be no problem.

The other programs I use for MPEGs are 'Virtualdubmod' a very handy free program called 'Bitrate viewer' however it only relates to the video side of an MPEG, but tells you everything you could possibly need to know about it and Media info
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/

As for your problem with resizing your player windows I don't really think this is an FFDSHOW problem. I think you have an issue with your graphics card drivers.

When resizing your players window the codec that it is currently using would not be concerned about it.

The codec simply decodes the data in the source file and passes that info to your graphics card. Any resizing is therefore taken care of by your graphics card overlay. The codec wouldn't even be involved with resizing.

I would try and update your drivers and DirectX.
You could try an alternative method of decoding the AVI with FFDSHOW by disabling ALL Directshow decoding in it and enabling VFW instead to the decoding. This may make it easier on your system and prevent the error.

I always use VFW when I can as I have found it to produce better results albeit maybe slightly slower.

Question - Avi codec not shown No.43106
Jack  2005-04-05 09:53:37 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I remember I found the answer to my question once here, but I can not find it in the archives anymore.

I had to reinstall the Divx avi codec on my computer. It is installed properly as it is found by other programs. However, when I try to output an avi file from Tmpgenc the codec is not shown as an option anymore while it used to be. As said I had this problem before but found some solution for it, which I have forgotten.
Does someone know the trick to solve this?

Regards

ashy  2005-04-05 19:24:44 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Completely delete the TMPG folder and everything in it then re-install TMPG to a different location.

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:01:12 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, but what is means 'when I try to output an avi file from Tmpgenc ... codec as option'? If TMPGenc simply encodes to mpeg, there should be no codec to use as video compressor, like it happens for AVI creating.

Jack  2005-04-06 18:01:50 ( ID:tjnsdn0wi/r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy

That would be to simple. I have reinstalled the codec and Tmpgenc several times in different orders with the same result.

Aldaco12

If you use the <Start> button you get a mpg. But if you go to >File, >Output to File you can also choose to output an avi file. To do this you have to choose one of the codecs available in the list from >Video settings >Compression. My problem is that the installed codec is not shown.

I have found a solution for now, but not a very nice one, by fooling the system. From the codecs shown I have located one that I have never used in the system32 directory. I have replaced the .dll file with a renamed copy of the required divx-codec. Now Tmpgenc shows the divx-codec and it can be used normally. As a result other programs show the divx-codec twice as the original is still on the system as well. Of course a problem might occur if I ever try to play a file which would need the codec that is overwritten.
So, if anybody knows a more elegant solution I would be interested.

ashy  2005-04-07 23:45:13 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which DIVX codec is it cuz I seem to remember one of the DIVX 5 codecs had this problem, but it was solved in later releases?

Jack  2005-04-11 20:51:31 ( ID:tjnsdn0wi/r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry it took me a while to answer. I use the latest one available, 5.2.1. I also tried to install the older versions, 3.11, to see if they would show up. Also nada.

Question - Noob question - multiple AVIs onto a DVD No.43101
Bull_Dog  2005-04-05 01:46:09 ( ID:dsqyeku0j2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Noob question here. I posted a question on another website and they told me to check out TMPG Enc.

I have a bunch of t.v. episodes that are in an AVI format. I'd like to burn them onto a DVD. I'm not sure where to start.

I started TMPG Enc with the wizard. I "guessed" that I should pick DVD|NTSC (low resolution) with MPEG-1 in the drop down box. That says I should be able to get 495 minutes onto a DVD. I figure that's about 10 episodes or so.

The next page I select an AVI file and leave the 2 drop-down boxes at default. It only lets me select one AVI file so I assume I do them each one at a time.

On the filter page I select "Clip frame" and "Noise Reduction" because that sounds like a good thing quality-wise. It automatically takes me to the settings screen that I leave at default and don't change anything. Does clicking those two option become useless because I don't change anything?

The next page is the Bit rate setting. Here's where I start to wonder. There's a box that says "Make file size 99.99% of disk capacity". Well that means my one episode will fill up the whole disk then, correct? Do I want to change this to 10% and have it automatically change the bitrate parameters then?

Thanks!

kuczynski  2005-04-05 19:38:29 ( ID:ckdd4ek.lwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to maximize the number of episodes on a dvd you can encode each as a vcd, then use a dvd authoring program such as tmpgenc dvd author which will also burn the dvd.

I've done this & have been able to encode 4 movies on one dvd, with some room to spare. The quality is surprisingly good. There may be other ways to do what you want to do, but this has worked well for me.

ashy  2005-04-05 19:40:39 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't bother checking any of those settings. It's unecessary and will slow down the encoding.
You have 2 options, rename each AVI you wish to be encoded in sequence and then check the option for TMPG to open files in sequence or you can alter the percentage to accomdate all of your AVI's.
For example if you have 5 AVI's to encode then set the percentage to 20%. then in the next screen select 'Create another project for batch encoding' until you have done all of them then reselect 'start encoding immediately'

Bull_Dog  2005-04-10 04:21:27 ( ID:dsqyeku0j2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks to both of you. kuczynski - I've done them individually to a VCD, but thought that maybe I could up the quality a bit. I may have to stick with the VCD format.

ashy - thanks for the info about those 2 settings. I tried manually setting the percentage, but I notice after the 5th one that as I clicked 'Next', a different number than 10% would appear briefly. It took all night and part of the morning to do the 10 files, but some were a Gig, so it was actually changing the percentage.

I'll give the 'Open files sequentially' a shot - but do you know then if I'll be able to have chapters or whatever so I can view each episode or will it run all 10 together?

Thanks again.

ashy  2005-04-10 23:21:35 ( ID:ad8aqvu6eaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you open the files sequentially you will need to mark the points that each film begins manually in your authoring program to create seperate chapters.
Not very hard to do if you use TMPG DVD author.

Question - Subtitles position No.43097
vchavez  2005-04-04 07:53:11 ( ID:x1c647bhywl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I have my AVI video and encoded with TMPGEnc 2.5 with subtitles
then I burned my mpeg file to create a VCD with VCDEasy 2.0.

When I put the VCD in my DVD Player image looks great but with subtitles
I only see the first row of subtitles second one is down and can't see it
any way to fix this or what I did worng?.

Thanks

B_Racer  2005-04-04 13:10:49 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Blame the guy who made the Subtitles ...

In fact, those Subtitlers always forget the Overscan-Area of a TV. Your only chance ist to shrink the Picture size

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:49:04 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a configuration setup in FFDShow, if you used it...you can choose the font size, its colour and, I think, the distance from the bottom border.

B_Racer  2005-04-06 15:04:06 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, but this doesn't work, if the Subs are Hard-encoded.

Question - No video on output No.43094
Unimatsuriku  2005-04-03 18:05:16 ( ID:7lqvnoq5wa2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, I'm not exactly an expert in this but I'm doing media at college so hopefully one day I will be. Basicly, I recorded a few films onto DV tape with a camcorder and using the RGB sockets on my PC media card I got the film onto my pc logging and capturing.

Now in AVI format and whey to big to put on the net I'm trying to encode them to MPEG using TMPGEnc. So I basicly select the PAL (yep I'm in England) Video-CD option, I select my AVI file using the selector and it default sets the options as, "Interlace, Bottom Field First (field B), 4:3 625line (pal 704x576)". I select none of the extra Filter Settings and then keep hitting next untill it begins encoding.

So I let it encode then when I try to view the mpeg video file I'm only seeing black with the audio. Is there somthing I've done wrong??

Any help is greatly apreciated, Uni.

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:06:54 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does this happens even if you use the Wizard?

Did you play with the 'Option___Environmental settings__VFAPI plug-in'?

Or, maybe, TMPGenc cannot decode the AVI codec that has been used...

kevin  2006-05-27 10:36:19 ( ID:n0ks9p5hi8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

search comment No.42841

Question - High bitrate mpeg-II No.43091
zACmAN  2005-04-02 14:42:17 ( ID:2vbrfewyjzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a mpeg-II file that is 15000Kbps in bitrate. I would like to use Tmpgenc to chantge the bitrate to 9800kbps so I can burn it on DVD.

But, when i try to open the file to encode it, tmpgenc shuts down with an error message from WinXP. What could be wrong? is this a bug?

//Anders

ashy  2005-04-02 19:49:15 ( ID:ad8aqvu6eaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have an MPEG2 coded installed?

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:03:06 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or you aren't using the Plus version, which is the only one able to load mpeg-2 files? (just a try)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.