TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 54 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question newbie needs help... Izzy 2 2004-08-09 10:40:31
Question File too large Ingrid 5 2004-08-03 21:05:52
Request Command Line Codes? X3ndou 0 2004-08-02 02:21:09
Question Cant extract audio spookykids 2 2004-08-01 06:37:14
Question Ashy (Regarding the Real Media) John Ly 2 2004-08-01 04:31:07
Question Trying to put many short AVIs on DVD TaylorD 2 2004-07-31 10:16:29
Question Subtitle sometimes don't show Danny 5 2004-08-20 06:18:38
Question XP video encoding problem chaindrive 0 2004-07-30 05:49:01
Question Index of scan Line is out of range (240) al 1 2004-07-30 21:09:40
Question TO MUCH Red IN MOvie AFter burning On dvd dubbel r 1 2004-08-01 06:38:41
Question Resolutions Singo 1 2004-07-28 05:11:41
Question Real Media Bigkev318 3 2004-07-28 08:36:30

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 54 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - newbie needs help... No.42093
Izzy  2004-08-03 13:18:58 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I captured from vhs tape, got .avi file with good result compared to original video. file I get is 1GB fo 5 minutes.
Now - I convert it to SVCD using tmpgenc tahy works nice, but final quality (when viewed by wmp9) is poor if I choose "full screen". Picture is small if I choose "center".
Any good advice?

Izzy

ashy  2004-08-03 15:47:59 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So this AVI is only 5 minutes long?
If that is the case you can ramp up the bitrate of the SVCD if your player can handle it.
Try upping the bitrate to 4000 and then check the quality.

Izzy  2004-08-09 10:40:31 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>So this AVI is only 5 minutes long?
>If that is the case you can ramp up the bitrate of the SVCD if your player can handle it.
>Try upping the bitrate to 4000 and then check the quality.

No, AVI is 1GB for 5 min, but I have 1hour tape and more.
so this isnt the case.
Waiting for other ideas, thanks
Izzy

Question - File too large No.42087
Ingrid  2004-08-02 23:39:07 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am converting divx files with the following properties:

Image: 640x352 pixels
Audio Bitrate: 127 kbps, MPEG layer 3

Video:
Frame Rate: 23 frames/sec
Data Rate: 117 kbps
Video Sample Size: 16bit
Video Compression: DivX Codec

I am trying to convert this to VCD, NTSC. It turns out that the completed MPG file is more than 1GB, so I cannot burn it in a cd. I've never had these problems before, and I've been using TMPGENC for years (though I recently had to re-format my hard drive and do some re-installing). I'm using TMGENC v.2.58 with the VFAPI plug-in. Please help.

Thanks.

ashy  2004-08-03 00:57:03 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It all depends on the length of the source and the output bitrate you are using.
What are they?

Ingrid  2004-08-03 07:13:00 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The file's about 360mb, output bitrate 1150 kbps (video), 192kbps (audio).

Thanks.

ashy  2004-08-03 15:44:55 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to have misunderstood.
By 'length' I was refering to the play length in minutes of the source.
The file size means nothing and is completely irrelevant.

Ingrid  2004-08-03 18:26:25 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's approx 45-50 mins.

ashy  2004-08-03 21:05:52 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, strange the file size should be around 500MB.
Make sure there is no blank data at the end of the movie.
TMPG sometimes has a habit of misreading the length of the source and can sometimes double or even triple the actual length leading to just blank encoded data at the end of the actual movie.

Check what TMPG states as the length.

If it appears it has miscalculated then first try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins and make sure it's top of the list.
If that doesn't cure it then use the source range function to set the start and end points of the movie.

Request - Command Line Codes? No.42086
X3ndou  Home )  2004-08-02 02:21:09 ( ID:cgzaerzff6g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to use the command line codes to make it easier to encode stuff w/ a batch file. Are they somewhere on the site, or am I not allowed to have them unless I pay something?

Question - Cant extract audio No.42083
spookykids  2004-07-31 22:06:52 ( ID:m8zdlcu5val )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey everyone.

I'm having trouble getting audio out of a movie. I suspect the problem is because it has several audio layers or devices (see here --> http://community.webshots.com/s/image14/1/28/6/169512806NExVJV_ph.jpg ).

VLC opens the movie as 5,1 by default, and 5,1 is just the background noise and music, no voices. I have to change it to stereo or mono to hear any conversation. So when i open TMPGEnc and do the whole wizard thing it wont find an audio file. With other "normal" .avi files (with no audio device crap) TMPGEnc automatically finds the audio source, but that doesnt happen with my current situation. And when i try to manually select the audio file, (the .avi movie, as it works otherwise), it gives me an error message, that it cant or or its unsupported.

Anyone have a solution for this? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

spookykids  2004-07-31 22:24:58 ( ID:m8zdlcu5val )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh, i forgot to add... im trying to convert the movie to mpeg2 so itll be a dvd-burnable file. silly me, forgot to say that.

also the link doesnt seem to work. maybe this one will... : http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=169509675&photoID=169512806&security=NExVJV

Sakuya  2004-08-01 06:37:14 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Both of your links don't work either. For the second one, it says I'm not the owner of the account and I'm logged in.

Question - Ashy (Regarding the Real Media) No.42080
John Ly  2004-07-31 08:19:38 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think there is a way around the unsupported for RM. I have tried converting RM by using AVISynth and it work without losing too much quailty. And I know if it work for me then it should work for you too.

ashy  2004-07-31 09:26:48 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand what you are telling me.
Are you suggesting to me that I use AVISYNTH to encode Real media files?
I don't need advice on encoding Real media or using AVISYNTH as it I who advised you in the first place.
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc#topic28010

May be I have read this post wrong, but I don't really understand what it is about.

John Ly  2004-08-01 04:31:07 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oh, sorry, it was late and i was tired and might have post something wrong. And yes you did show me how to get my AVISynth Script working. I do know much about TMPGEnc and might need help in the future. But what i'm trying to say is that I think there is a way to use TMPGEnc Plus to convert RM. Because for some reason I did it using AVISynth when I was trying to convert my Anime but accidently pick a different script that open RM.

Question - Trying to put many short AVIs on DVD No.42077
TaylorD  2004-07-30 16:04:29 ( ID:kq.kdl11acj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 80 something AVIs that I captured from a DV camcorder. They are 3 min in length, and about 700mb each. The video is of projected 8mm film, so the quality is not great to begin with.

I used TMPGenc to batch encode in NTSC low resolution mode, which says 495 minutes can fit on a DVD-r in this mode (with mpeg-1 layer II audio, which I have chosen). This makes each 3 minute video about 200MB, and when I start to put them on a DVD, not nearly 495 minutes can fit. I am using sony DVD architect (bundled with vegas) - the video was captured from a sony DV camcorder DCR-PC110 via adobe premiere pro 1.5.

So, I have a few questions:
How should I encode them to be smaller? Just bring the bitrate down?
Can I do a batch encode and exclude audio altogether (the captured video has an audio track, but the audio is unrelated to the film, its just the sound of the projector, etc.)? Until now I have been setting the audio to 64kbps to minimize the space. Can I strip audio (delete the audio) from existing MPEG-2 or AVI files?

Thanks for any suggestions

John Ly  2004-07-31 08:10:47 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just mail you my setting which allow you to select the out come of the file size but the cost of quailty. Hope this help.

ashy  2004-07-31 10:16:29 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have 80 files at 3 min each which is 240 mins in total.
Forget about the time it is the capacity that is important.
Use VBR not CBR as this will imorove the quality. You can select VBR in the first wizard screen in the drop down menu.

The capacity of the disk is 4.37GB. To fit all 240 mins on this disk you would need an average bitrate of around 2500Kb/s this is with the audio bitrate set to 64.
However to be on the safe side I would set the average bitrate to 2300Kb/s.

If the wizard does not indicate an average bitrate of around 2300Kb/s then you have made a mistake somewhere in the setup.
Once you have selected 64Kb/s as the audio bitrate ensure that you recheck the 'Auto setting' box so TMPG will re-calculate it's values.

If you do not wish to have audio then enter the 'Expert' settings and then select the audio tab. Click the 'Setting' button then put a check in the 'Change volume' box. Next change the value to 0.

Question - Subtitle sometimes don't show No.42071
Danny  2004-07-30 09:03:44 ( ID:qplolewrher )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I'm using TMPG ENC 2.5 plus for 3 years now. With the current version I use
I don't even have the "ac-3 sound problems" anymore (and this without ac3-plugin).

For two months now I've a new problem with the subtitles in TMPGEnc.
After encoding sometimes the subtitles don't show for a moment and later in the movie they are back. Every movie this can be different. Sometimes I encode a movie and I don't have a problem at all with the subtitles and with some movies the problem is back again. When I check the avi with subtitles in this particular part of the movie all the subtitles are shown with mediaplayer.
All the vafpi-conditions and vobsub-loading conditions are correct and never had this problem before. I was thinking that it might be the difference between the speed of biterate of the movie and the subtitles ....

Does anybody had the same problem and have solutions or suggestions ?

Please help

Greetings

Danny

John Ly  2004-07-31 07:44:51 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think your t.v. overscan. So if you have an avi with subtitles which are to close to the edges of the video you won't be able to see it. All you have do is to shrink the picture size of the video and fill it with black borders by using AVIsynth.

http://avisynth.org/

Sakuya  2004-08-01 06:33:40 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, it's definitely not overscan. It happened to me just yesterday too. Are you making a DVD with selectable subs? If you are (like me), it might be because of your DVD authoring program. I have not come up with a solution though.

Here's my theory. It might be because your subtitle script might contain /N and your DVD authoring program might not support it. Try this! Change all the capital Ns to a small n. It might work, I have not tested it.

All subs show in your media player and probably Virtualdub probably because they support both /N and /n. In case you didn't know, those symbols stand for a line break.

ashy  2004-08-01 09:31:54 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think danny is attempting to hard code the subs into the output not use selectable subs.
Try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' in the VFAPI plugins to 2 or 3 and ensure it top of the list.
If that doesn't work then you have 2 other options.
You can either frame serve from Virtualdub with the subtitle filter installed or the better solution is to install FFDSHOW.
Just installing FFDSHOW alone may fix your problem, however if it doesn't then simply load the subs directly into FFDSHOW.

Danny  2004-08-19 08:56:54 ( ID:qplolewrher )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First, thank u for your reactions. I went on vacation so didn't have time 2 react earlier.

Sakuya, the problem already occur when I check the mpeg ather encoding in TMPG.
So, the avi shows the subtitles correctly in MP9. Then I encode the avi with tmpg and when this is finished, I check the mpeg and in this mpeg the subtitle
disappear at a random interval. My DVD Author program is not used in this first part of the proces.

Ashy, I'm going 2 check the priority if it's on 2 or 3. Don't know this for shure. What i do know that it's on top of the list.
Thank U for your advice. I'm coming back 2 U asap.

Thanks All,

Danny from Holland

Danny  2004-08-20 06:18:38 ( ID:qplolewrher )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Ashy,

Direct Show priority was on 1 and I raised it to 3. Still i't dont work.
The big problem is that with some movies I have this problem and with others
I don't. This makes it difficult to test because even if I don't solve the problem, it occurs randomly only.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx anyway

Danny

Question - XP video encoding problem No.42070
chaindrive  2004-07-30 05:49:01 ( ID:rklbh9k7sj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my problem is this, the completed mpeg turns pink then normal then pink again then normal again........while playing, i think i've installed the right codec for the movie, btw i'm encoding an mped-4 avi.

Question - Index of scan Line is out of range (240) No.42068
al  2004-07-30 02:08:54 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im getting this "Index of Scan Line is out of range(240) error, and accdg to ashy (previous posting) this happens when the video file is downloaded form the net. However, my source is my dv camera.

After editing the video using Premiere 6, i frameserve this using avisynth to tmpegenc and convert to vcd settings. I've done this so many times before and I never had any problems only now.

Pls help... its a wedding video...y'know a paid service....

Thanks

ashy  2004-07-30 21:09:40 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didn't mean it was isolated to files downloaded from the net. My meaning was it is a common error with files downloaded as this error is usually some form of corruption in the file.

What sort of script are you using in AVIsynth and what is the original resolution of the source?
Also have you tried de-interlacing in Premier first before frame serving?

Question - TO MUCH Red IN MOvie AFter burning On dvd No.42066
dubbel r  2004-07-28 21:14:02 ( ID:d4i3lrf1gug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello guys ... i need some help here please

I finally solved the stuttering problems (Leave movies for wHat they r ntsc encode ntsc pal encode to Pal..... )

But my real problem is When i encode a movie to ntsc en burn to dvd
suddenly there is to much red in the movie , how come..?

But if i encode to pal en the burnn, the movie has no color problems but then the stuttering problem aahhh.... .

On My pc there is no differnce

and i also used another dvd and there its the same

My home dvd player is a sony nd theother one was a provision i think

and my tv is a sony trinitron.

So can somebody please help me out with this....

Sakuya  2004-08-01 06:38:41 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could the problem be your TV? Try setting the contrast, brightness, picture, etc. It might help, I'm not sure but it's worth a try. I don't see how changing NTSC to PAL or vice versa could affect the video quality in any way (unless you flipped on some settings in TMPGEnc without knowing).

Question - Resolutions No.42064
Singo  2004-07-28 05:06:55 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I need some help with converting an AVI for a DVD. The AVI has a resolution of 576x448. GSpot says the aspect ratio is: (1.29:1)[~9:7]

I suspect that it's not correct. Should I be using a Video Arrange Method of Full Screen (keep AR) or Center (keep AR)? I know if I used the Full Screen method, it might take longer due to the resizing. I did test clips using Full Screen (KAR), Center (KAR), and Center but I still don't know the difference. :(

Singo  2004-07-28 05:11:41 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I forgot to mention that the ones where I used Center and Center (KAR) is too small for my TV screen. So the choice would be Full Screen (KAR). I just thought that since the aspect ratio is a little weird, that I shouldn't be using Full Screen (KAR).

Now my next question is, when I load my AVI file in TMPGEnc, it says the video source type is non-interlace and progressive. Should I be setting the Encode Mode at Interlaced or Non-Interlace?

Also, I used Videohelp.com's bitrate calculator and got the bitrate of 9406. However when I enter that as Constant Bitrate into TMPGEnc, it always reverts back to 8000. Why is that? Why can't it go any higher?

Question - Real Media No.42060
Bigkev318  2004-07-28 04:47:41 ( ID:p7hhqwsy/zc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some real media files i need to convert to vcd, can i do this with tmpgenc 2.5? And how can i do this if so?

Sakuya  2004-07-28 07:30:09 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, TMPGEnc does not support RM files. The only tool I know is EO Video. It takes a long time though. Since RM files are bad quality, you are not going to get any better quality than the source RM file you have.

John Ly  2004-07-28 08:09:17 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got TMPGEnc to format RM using AVIsynth. Or maybe it's just me.

John Ly  2004-07-28 08:36:30 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's very strange tho, it only accept certain config in order to format rm to mpg.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.