TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 55 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Aspect Ratio question Azazel 0 2004-07-28 03:09:07
Question Xvid codec Avi & DivX 5.1.1 codec Avi no video!!! saitoh183 1 2004-07-27 21:42:22
Question Low Bitrate Internet streaming (Mpeg1) Mike S. 2 2004-08-04 03:23:35
Question no audio dave persico 2 2004-07-30 02:33:40
Question Merge & Cut problems Mike 4 2004-07-26 09:42:02
Question One more question on AVISynth John Ly 2 2004-07-26 23:02:27
Question What to do about "scan line index out of range" error? DVD_Nut 1 2004-07-26 01:59:54
Question What does AviSynth do? John Ly 4 2004-07-25 03:06:00
Question Best way to fit mult AVI onto DVD-playable discs w/o sac'ing too much quality DanielShawn 1 2004-07-23 21:46:26
Question Best way to fit mult AVI onto DVD-playable discs w/o sac'ing too much quality DanielShawn 0 2004-07-23 19:50:20
Question Why so many problems with TmpgEnc? SoftDeko Software Database 1 2004-08-02 02:45:36
Request Althon 64 Oliver 0 2004-07-23 11:30:50

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 55 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Aspect Ratio question No.42059
Azazel  2004-07-28 03:09:07 ( ID:r7s8eflde8o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

New to TMPGEnc here, but ive read a few huides etc and it seems pretty straight forward..

My problem is i have a divx i am trying to convert to DVD and im having probs setting dimensions.

The divx is NTSC 608*320 (doesnt seem normal to me) but basically i want to put it on DVD so it displays at the same dimensions on a 4*3 screen and fills the width of the screen...

Any help would be greatly apprechiated...

Thanks, Azazel

Question - Xvid codec Avi & DivX 5.1.1 codec Avi no video!!! No.42057
saitoh183  2004-07-27 19:45:19 ( ID:s3z4wofx7.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i was able to convert me OGM to a Xvid(DX50) format and did it a second time in DivX 5.1.1 format (both AVI)...both with sub using Texsub filter in VRDubMod. Once that was done i was able to watch both files in WMP9 and i they had sub...video...sound all in sync (was so happy at that moment).

Then I decided to use TMPGEnc Plus to change it into a SVCD. Now i dont know if its cuz of my settings or not, but when the conversion is done( and yes i can see everything during the conversion) and i play it back on my PC there is only sound and no image. I dont get any codec error before playback starts. Since TMPGEnc doesn't read the audio of the Xvid or DivX i made (unless you put DirectShow Multimedia File Reader as higher priority in VFAPI plug-in settings), i used the mp2 i created with OGM to SVCD easy Guide for the audio( i used it as well to create my avi in VRDubMod). I've done other Animes before this one( already in AVI from the start ) and I've been able to watch them after converting them to mpg to see how then turned out.

Here are my questions:

-What do you think the problem is?
-If possible, what are the settings used in TMPGEnc to watch the SVCD on my 32" TV so that sub is not cut off at the bottom or sides?( for previous anime, i've had to use Center(custom) and set it to 480X444 to get the sub in and even that sometimes cuts off the sub at either end and is at the limit of the bottom of my TV screen.

Oh and here's how i made my Xvid and DivX avi with VRDubMod if it can help:

1- Load OGM in VRDubMod

2- In Stream list, disabled everything inside and add jap Audio file created with OGM to SVCD easy Guide

3- Select Direct stream Copy and "Save AVI as"

4- Re-open new AVI and open filters

5- Add Textdub or Subtitle filter and choose "subtitle".srt created with OGM to SVCD easy Guide

6- Set video to full processing and go into Compression

7- DIVX: Selected Divx 5.1.1 codec>>click configure and set Kbps( using bitrate calculator in Gordian Knot)>>then Save AVI as

Xvid: Selected Xvid MPEG-4 codec>>click configure>>Advance options>>Under Debug tab>>FourCC used: DX50)>>then Save AVI as

8- Encode to MPG with TMPGEnc Plus

Hope this helps solving my prob...i really need a solution

Thanks in advance

P.S. why do i get in TMPGEnc Plus when im about to start encoding this msg:

Your are trying to create an MPEG-2 file

To play MPEG-2 files, DVD player software needs to be installed on your system.

Does that have to do with anything and it only appears if i dont use the wizard.

Also why when i put DirectShow as higher priority( first in the list) in VFAPI does TMPGEnc Plus crash? but if i leave it at default everything is fine...

ashy  2004-07-27 21:42:22 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whoa that's a lotta questions for something so simple!

First let me ask why are you creating an AVI out of the OGM file?

Why not just encode the OGM to SVCD with TMPG?
If you want to add subs just use 'Direct VOBSUB'.

If you want to watch OGM files with media player and subs simply install the Ogg Vorbis DirectShow filter and 'Direct VOBSUB'.

Question - Low Bitrate Internet streaming (Mpeg1) No.42054
Mike S.  2004-07-26 20:28:09 ( ID:xbbg/tdcj/f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy!
I have following questions:

Can TMPGEnc produce low bitrate Mpeg1
for Internet streaming? <= 400 Kbit

A problem with streaming + vbr:
You can't look to the end of a stream to calculate
the correct average bitrate and playtime.
Does any VBR - Header exist with such infos to solve this problem?
-(Like MP3 VBR)- Or is it possible, that TMPGEnc writes the average Bitrate
inside the first Sequence-header (instead the NON-average bitrate).
Then it would be possible to retrieve the correct playtime without looking to the end of the stream.

thanks!

ashy  2004-07-26 21:08:19 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It can, but why would you want to use MPEG as a format for streaming?
The quality would be totally unacceptable when you could use a better format with a better compression ratio such as WMV and achieve much better quality for the same bitrate.

Also I don't understand what you mean about a problem with VBR and streaming.
The timecode information is in the header of the MPEG, so why would you need to scan to the end of the file to read the play time?

If you want to calculate the correct average bitrate to use for the playtime and file size you wish to create then simply use 2 pass encoding.

Maybe I have got your issues confused, but I answered best I could with what I could decipher from what you posted.

Mike S.  2004-08-04 03:23:35 ( ID:ucqracwsqzf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the answer!!!

Streaming Mpeg1/2 is important for me as long as my self developed
Java-applet supports only Mpeg1/2. Surely Mpeg4 is better....
But I want primarily test my own applet.

The timecode informations are in the Header?
Where? Can you give me more links to mor informations?

I have only found following timecode informations inside the gop header:
NOT the total playtime length or the total frames, instead
the current playtime of the current GOP Header.
That means: The STARTING GOP Header contains: 0 sec, 0 min, 0 h
The FOLLOWING GOP Headers contains something of e.g.
: 1 sec, 0 min, 0 h
etc.
: 2 sec, 0 min, 0 h
etc.
The LAST GOP Header contains the full playtime e.g.
32 sec, 45 min, 1h

So I must have a look to the last GOP-Header.

If you know of additional header infos, please tell me!

Thanks for the answer.

Question - no audio No.42051
dave persico  2004-07-26 06:11:36 ( ID:oyeavly1fgn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey all, got a question about audio.........or the lack there of. i have an avi file that im converting to mpeg2. when i first tried it i assumed that the audio was ac3, and i converted it to wav with virtualdub. but now i still have no audio.im a newbe and very confused. thank you

ashy  2004-07-26 21:09:25 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How big was the WAV after you converted it and what is the length of the movie?

ifanpayne  2004-07-30 02:33:40 ( ID:zfz2v7vbetm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a similar issue. I have a 732 MB avi file that I suspect is derived from an original PAL DVD. The aspect ratio is wrong (image is distorted), being somewhere between 4:3 and 16:9. In order to correct the aspect ratio I selected an original aspect ratio of DISPLAY 4:3. The m2v file (3.24gb)displays the image correctly but the wav file, which is 1.026gb plays for only 5 seconds. The total playing time should be about 1hr and 26 mins.

Any suggestions? Is this a function of the change in aspect ratio?

Question - Merge & Cut problems No.42046
Mike  2004-07-26 05:48:01 ( ID:ouskq6c2u52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was able to find same problem by other user on this board, but the issue wasn't resolved. So I figure I'll post my issue in a new thread to see if anyone knows the problem!

I am having problems cutting an MPEG into 2. (1.2GB MPEG, attempting to cut into 600~MB MPEGs)

Here is exactly what I am doing;

TMPG - File - MPEG Tools... - Merge & Cut tab - Add button - (browse and select MPEG) - Edit - Move slider bar to half of movie, preview window shows the middle of the movie, but the time (lower right corner, a.k.a. range) shows 00:09:00. (If I click the play button, it simply counts from 9 minutes up) If I move the slider bar to end of movie, it displays 18 mins. I select the first half of the movie and click 'OK'. - Click Run - it extracts a 80MB file of the first 9 minutes of the movie.

This happens on multiple MPEGS - some of which I created via TMPG others I haven't.

Also, there are some MPEGs it works fine on cutting!

Mike  2004-07-26 06:04:39 ( ID:ouskq6c2u52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heres a side note to the problem I posted above.

If im in "Edit merge item" screen (where you select where to cut the movie), If I play the movie from the beggining, the movie plays. At about 9 minutes into the movie, the slider bar appears to be about halfway. At about 18 minutes, the slider bar appears to be at the end and the timer stops counting (stays at 18 minute) yet the movie continues to play. If i manually click the slider bar to near the end, the movie actually jumps to near the end but timer shows about 18 minutes. (If I click the slider bar in the middle, it actually shows about the halfway point of the movie, roughly 60 minutes into the film, but the counter on the screen shows 9 minutes.

Hope someone can help, i'm really stuck on this one :(

Mike  2004-07-26 07:32:41 ( ID:ouskq6c2u52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If im in "Edit merge item" screen (where you select where to cut the movie), If I play the movie from the beggining, the movie plays. At about 9 minutes into the movie, the slider bar appears to be about halfway. At about 18 minutes, the slider bar appears to be at the end and the timer stops counting (stays at 18 minute) yet the movie continues to play. If i manually click the slider bar to near the end, the movie actually jumps to near the end but timer shows about 18 minutes. (If I click the slider bar in the middle, it actually shows about the halfway point of the movie, roughly 60 minutes into the film, but the counter on the screen shows 9 minutes.

Mike  2004-07-26 09:39:46 ( ID:ouskq6c2u52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mike  2004-07-26 09:42:02 ( ID:ouskq6c2u52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yikes!! Sorry for the duplicated posts, not sure how I managed to do that.

Question - One more question on AVISynth No.42043
John Ly  2004-07-26 03:48:37 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you open rm file with AVISynth? Is it even possible?

ashy  2004-07-26 22:59:46 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download and install Realmedia alternative then use 'Directshowsource' in a script like the one below.
http://www.codecsdownload.com/cgi-bin/TopDown/download.pl?file=0053

DirectshowSource("E:movieReal_Media.rm", FPS=29.97)

'FPS' is the frame rate of your movie.

ashy  2004-07-26 23:02:27 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry about the link try this one instead:
ftp://www.powen.com.pl/pub/Multimedia/RealPlayer/realalt123.exe

Question - What to do about "scan line index out of range" error? No.42041
DVD_Nut  2004-07-25 08:38:14 ( ID:jafi3xiqp1n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to encode a video file to MPEG-2 that was originally encoded with DivX 5.0 at a resolution of 448 X 336 (4:3) but I get "scan line index out of range (336)" error. What is the maximum allowable value of the input file height and do I have to reencode to this coarser resolution with DivX before I can encode to MPEG-2? I also tried encoding with NTSC 16:9, which I have used before on input files that were 640 X 352 (~16:9), even though I know the output file would be "squashed vertically", just to see if it would work but got the same error. Has anybody else encountered this error and how did you work around it? Any helpful comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

ashy  2004-07-26 01:59:54 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Open the AVI in Virtualdub then frame serve it to TMPG.

Question - What does AviSynth do? No.42036
John Ly  2004-07-23 21:51:01 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What does AviSynth do? How does it work with Tmpgenc? And why can't I load .avs file with Tmpgenc?

ashy  2004-07-24 01:12:21 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://avisynth.org/

John Ly  2004-07-24 02:26:33 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I played the avs file I get only color red, yellow and blue. Is that suppose to happen?
Here's my script:

AviSource("c:AnimeNaruto1Naruto - 01.avi")
ResampleAudio(44100)
LanczosResize(720,480)

ashy  2004-07-24 06:39:17 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, try Directshowsource instead of AVIsource.
If it still happens then stay with Directshowsource and install FFDSHOW then try again.

John Ly  2004-07-25 03:06:00 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks it work.

Question - Best way to fit mult AVI onto DVD-playable discs w/o sac'ing too much quality No.42034
DanielShawn  2004-07-23 20:03:19 ( ID:654rk2ihjdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to put a set of 22 AVI files onto standalone DVD playable discs, but am unsure as to the best way of going about this. Each file is ~45 mins long with the following AVIcodec stats: (where Video/Audio MB and Kbps vary slightly)

File : 349 MB (349 MB), duration: 0:43:05, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 59 %
Video : 297 MB, 964 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 624*352 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
Audio : 52 MB, 168 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

I could make huge DVD files and do 1 episode a disc, but I'd rather shoot for something more like 6 discs.

What would be the ramifications of putting files through the DVD wizard and reducing the average video bitrate (so I could fit more files,) versus having them go through the VCD wizard where even at the max bitrate I could fit several files onto 1 DVD?

Thanks for your help; I DO appreciate it! =)
--DanielShawn

ashy  2004-07-23 21:46:26 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are intending to put 6 AVI's on one disk it would better to encode to VCD format and use a VBR method. I strongly suggest using 'Constant Quality(CQ)'.
If your DVD player can handle it then use a Min bitrate of 0 and a max of 3500 with the Quality set at 100% and an audio bitrate of 160Kb/s. This should allow you to easily fit 6 45min movies on 1 DVD with pretty good quality.

If you simply encode to DVD format and reduce the bitrate you will likely find a shortfall in bitrate leading to artifacts such a blocky video which is more unpleasant than a slightly less sharp image.

As an alternative you could encode to MPEG2 using the Half D1 format which is 352x480 and will maintain more of the quality of your original AVI and will give better results than VCD at the cost of file size.
Min - 1500 Max 3500 and Quality - 65 and an audio bitrate of 160Kb/s should allow you to fit about 5 AVI's on one disk.

If you do go down the Half D1 route then make sure you use '3:2 pulldown when playback' under 'Encode mode'. Don't encode straight to 29.97fps. This will cause jerky playback and increase the file size unecessarily.

Question - Best way to fit mult AVI onto DVD-playable discs w/o sac'ing too much quality No.42033
DanielShawn  2004-07-23 19:50:20 ( ID:654rk2ihjdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to put a set of 22 AVI files onto standalone DVD playable discs, but am unsure as to the best way of going about this. Each file is ~45 mins long with the following AVIcodec stats: (where Video/Audio MB and Kbps vary slightly)

File : 349 MB (349 MB), duration: 0:43:05, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 59 %
Video : 297 MB, 964 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 624*352 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
Audio : 52 MB, 168 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

I could make huge DVD files and do 1 episode a disc, but I'd rather shoot for something more like 6 discs.

What would be the ramifications of putting files through the DVD wizard and reducing the average video bitrate (so I could fit more files,) versus having them go through the VCD wizard where even at the max bitrate I could fit several files onto 1 DVD?

Thanks for your help; I DO appreciate it! =)
--DanielShawn

Question - Why so many problems with TmpgEnc? No.42031
SoftDeko Software Database  Home )  2004-07-23 14:46:15 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having used the Tmpg Encoder some years ago (and the many different update versions) I am surprised by the volume of problems that continue to be asked about by users.

Is this the fault of the encoder or the user? Since the programmer's encoder should have had all the faults ironed out ages ago I doubt that the program is at fault. So what is the cause of the "problems"? Okay novice users are bound to have teething problems with any new software they've installed on their computer but in essence they should only be minor hiccups!

TmpgEnc.net offers a 21mb sample movie and this even caused me to say b....... to it since it would have taken a while to download! Perhaps a better approach should be made at providing usable/viewable HELP training on line. These wouldn't be particularily hard to create and I find it strange that there is no such link on the FREE program to a HELP on-line.

Come on TmpgEnc.net get your act together - you've had plenty of time to create a training or a Help section of your own.

SoftDeko Software Database
http://www.SoftDeko.com/

X3ndou  Home )  2004-08-02 02:45:36 ( ID:cgzaerzff6g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

.. I know I'm not any type of administrator, but stupid complaints probably isn't the point of this board. :P

Request - Althon 64 No.42030
Oliver  2004-07-23 11:30:50 ( ID:cppuoe9r5fm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will TMPEG be optimized for any of the Althon 64 processors? I currently have the FX53.

Thanks.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.