TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 79 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request Looking for problems Inu Yasha 1 2004-03-09 04:10:13
Question What Does One Do in TMPGEnc and VCDEasy to Make a VCD for a SECAM TV system? anonymous poster 2 2004-03-08 03:12:55
Bug report TMPGEnc keeps crashing! Dark_G 0 2004-03-06 15:13:07
Question AVI PAL TO DVD NTSC gio 10 2004-03-10 19:01:44
Question convert .AVI to .mpg dgbowen 0 2004-03-06 02:11:53
Question Mr. dgbowen 3 2004-03-08 21:59:54
Question Problem with VCD files cmarina 1 2004-03-06 01:11:00
Question problem with vdub frame server Kaoru 6 2004-03-08 22:04:38
Question HELP!!!! PLEASE mOuLdY 7 2004-03-06 00:46:12
Question asf to avi with ASFtools and then vcd with TMPGEnc lorac 11 2004-03-06 13:39:55
Question Edits don't seem very exact Max Power 4 2004-05-14 10:21:12
Question Cutting a file Helpme 4 2004-03-05 11:46:33

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 79 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - Looking for problems No.41145
Inu Yasha  2004-03-07 09:29:23 ( ID:xk1vtd2f6zo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi..
I think this strange rquest but it is important for me.
I'm looking for any problem in the [TMPGEnc] or some thing that needs to be improved.
It is only for my study I need to write a project Ideas that will help me in my Proposal and because I use the [TMPGEnc] for about 1 year it will be easy for me to talk about in the Proposal
so please help me give any problem, any problem, that can I write about in my Proposal.

mickyjuice  2004-03-09 04:10:13 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yea i have a problem with tmpge's.......bbs

people asking strange requests

hope this helps

;)

Question - What Does One Do in TMPGEnc and VCDEasy to Make a VCD for a SECAM TV system? No.41142
anonymous poster  2004-03-06 23:29:21 ( ID:f2fa5bmoxuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didn't notice anything in TMPGEnc 2.521's free version concerning SECAM television systems; but I did see NTSC and PAL television systems listed within it. I know that PAL and SECAM are similar in some respects, but not the same. So what does one do in the process of encoding a .avi file in TMPGEnc to a .mpg file with the goal of preparing a video Compact Disc (CD)? In TMPGEnc should one just treat SECAM as PAL? Likewise VCDEasy 1.1.5.2, a program which can be use to author the .mpg file outputted by TMPGEnc to make a VCD, only has NTSC and PAL options, but no SECAM options that I found in it. Should the SECAM preparation be treated as a PAL preparation in VCDEasy 1.1.5.2? If SECAM is supposed to be treated as PAL in TMPGEnc and VCDEasy, is it the video player's task to generate output for a SECAM television system? If so, does the human being operating the video player have to push a button or something for the player to output video signals compatible with a SECAM television system? Or is the video player supposed to automatically sense the type of television system used in a television? If in the whole process of generating a VCD the SECAM specification is not introduced somehow until the playing of the video CD, I suppose this means that in order to play a video CD on a television using the SECAM system, one must have a video player that will generate SECAM video signals. If so, are such players common? (You are welcome to correct any mistaken assumptions of mine. Please do not be offended by this request. But since I am not likely to know you or your experience, expertise, and knowledge in these areas, please write something about your levels of expertise, experience, and/or knowledge so that I can make a decision on the reliability of the information you provide. Thanks.)

ashy  2004-03-07 14:19:25 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know a SECAM VCD, SVCD or DVD is essentially the same as the PAL version.

SECAM shares the same resolution and frame rate as it's PAL counter part. The only difference being the way it handles the colour signal.
Seeing as a VCD only stores frames as digital data the color signal method is not a factor as this will be produced in the correct format by the DVD player.

However there are no commercial SECAM DVD's or VCD's all DVD's or VCD's are produced in either PAL or NTSC format only.
All newer SECAM format T.V.'s also support PAL as standard, so as to be compatible with todays external equipment such as DVD players. The only reason you would need a DVD player with SECAM output is if the TV was an older SECAM only TV.

This is why you will not find any encoding software that has SECAM support as it is not an issue as for as digital media is concerned.
SECAM is basically treated as PAL as far as digital production goes.

I'm not going to explain why you should accept my explanation either. If you need to know on what basis I have made this post and the extent of my knowledge as far as video production is concerned then do a search for 'ashy' on this board and you will see many of my other posts I have made over the long time I have used this board.

It is up to you to verify the information I have given you above. It is all there on the net if you look.

anonymous poster  2004-03-08 03:12:55 ( ID:f2fa5bmoxuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks very much, Ashy, for kindly taking the time to reply to my posting!

Bug report - TMPGEnc keeps crashing! No.41141
Dark_G  2004-03-06 15:13:07 ( ID:ewvlkkscyf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first time poster!

i'm using version 2.52 on a new pc (win xp p4 3.00ghz 512mb ram). basically, everytime i attempt to browse to a file that i want to convert, TMPGEnc crashes.

if the file i want to convert is immediately viewable in the browser window when i open it, i can click on it and there's no problem with the rest of the conversion process.

however, if i need to resize the browser window or have to use the scroll bar in order to locate it, TMPGEnc crashes every time!

is anyone else having this problem?

btw, apart from this i've nothing but praise for the authors of TMPGEnc.

keep up the good work! ;-)

Question - AVI PAL TO DVD NTSC No.41130
gio  2004-03-06 12:35:14 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I' trying to make a DVD NTSC.

I've tryed TMPGENC DVD NTSC option but, with my Sony S735d dvd player with a monitor tristandard, the videos are jerkily.
I've tried the "3:2pulldown" option but works in worst way (more jerkily)

My video source is AVI PAL MJPEG made with a FAST AV MASTER board and sw.

Tmpgenc can interpolate fron 25fps to 29.97fps?
Or do you know any sw dedicated specially to do this?

Thank for your help. I'm very mislaid....

Giò

ashy  2004-03-06 13:35:37 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG cannot do proper frame rate conversion, you will have jerky playback as you have discovered.

There are 2 ways you can do it successfully.
One is to simply slow down the framerate of MPEG to 23.976 with AVIfrate or Virtualdub and then add 2:3 pulldown to make it 29.97.
You will then have to stretch the audio to match the video and then multiplex together.
Most PAL DVD's use a 4% speed up from 24 fps anyway so all you are doing is reverting back to the original frame rate.

The second way is to use AVIsyth, much better than TMPG, but not as good as the slow down method.

AVIsynth is free. Just simply use the command CONVERT FPS(23.97) or CHANGEFPS(23.97) in a script.

I would recommend the slow down method for ultimate quality preservation, but if you choose to do it the AVIsynth way (this way the length of the movie doesn't change) then I would use CHANGEFPS as this seems to give better results when converting PAL to NTSC.

A simple script such as below would work:

AVISource("D:Movie.avi")
ConvertToYUY2()
Changefps(23.97)
BilinearResize(720,480)

gio  2004-03-06 14:17:46 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much for your answer, Ashy.

Can I copy and paste your computer instruction? Where?

To slow down, Do I have make it on the video MPEG NTSC with virtual dub?
And then 2:3 pulldown with TMPgenc?

Ciao

Giò

ashy  2004-03-06 22:17:55 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The script above is for AVIsynth.
To change the framerate of the AVI to 23.976 use AVIfrate. If that doesn't work then use Virtualdub.

gio  2004-03-07 11:20:48 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay I'll do it.

After convert to 23.976, may I use TMPGenc to make MPEG2 DVD NTSC with 2:3pulldown?

Or may I make another AVI 29.97 and then convert to MPEG DVD NTSC with TMPGenc?

Sorry but it's a labyrinth, and I don't succeed in find the exit.

Thank you

By and ciao from Venice, Italy

Giò

ashy  2004-03-07 13:35:55 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once you have changed the frame of the AVI to 23.976 you can the use the 'Add 3:2 pulldown while playback' option in TMPG when encoding, make sure you set the frame rate to '23.976 fps(internally 29.97 fps)'

You will also have to match the length of the audio to new length of the AVI.

gio  2004-03-08 10:41:27 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DONE!

It work with proper vision (it is like to see a movie in 24fps....)

The problem is audio. It's short (about 24sec!)
I've tried with adobe premiere pro: the pitch is good but sound is metallic.

Do you know strechting audio sw?

Thank you very much. You are a very expierenced in video-conversion.

Giò

ashy  2004-03-08 21:54:20 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, what you need is Goldwave5.
First of all find out the EXACT length of the AVI that you changed the FPS with AVIfrate.
Just load the AVI into AVIfrate then write down the length of the movie.

Next start up goldwave and load your original AVI with audio.
If the AVI has AC3 you will need to install this Ac3 filter first: http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

Click Effect>Timewarp then select 'Length' and put in the exact figure you got from AVIfrate. Leave all others at default. Now click OK. When it has finished save it as a wav.
You can then encode the new wav to whichever format you wish and multiplex it with the movie in TMPG.

gio  2004-03-09 17:31:51 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

It really works with a good quality sound.
I've used Goldwave 5.

Giò

P.S. If, one day you'll come to Italy, I'll show you the very best of Venice.
Do you have an email to send my address?

ashy  2004-03-09 22:33:55 ( ID:sfiqae5h.ja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the offer, much obliged, but I don't think I have the means nor the funds to get there. While I think Italy is a nice place to visit maybe one day....

gio  2004-03-10 19:01:44 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do not misunderstand me.

I wanted only to strenght my thanks for your advises.
You have really helped me.

If you have any problems in video production, I'm a fan of shooting-editing videos.
Don't hesitate to post here. Once in a while I visit the BBS.

Thank you very much again.

Ciao

Gio

Question - convert .AVI to .mpg No.41129
dgbowen  2004-03-06 02:11:53 ( ID:aa.vhcvqd1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can TmpgEnc convert .AVI to .MPG?
if so, how?
-Don

Question - Mr. No.41125
dgbowen  2004-03-06 02:10:43 ( ID:aa.vhcvqd1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to convert
.AVI to .mpg

Can that be done with TMpgEnc? If so, how?
thank you.
-Don Bowen

ashy  2004-03-06 13:51:38 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Read the instructions or go to DVDRhelp.com

dgbowen  2004-03-07 06:09:26 ( ID:aa.vhcvqd1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've been to vcdhelp.com (that's the old name).
I'd be happy to read instructions on how to do this...
do you know where I might find any?
-Don

ashy  2004-03-08 21:59:54 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you taking the Michael?
How much more instruction do you need than DVDrhelp.com?
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

Question - Problem with VCD files No.41123
cmarina  2004-03-05 20:31:19 ( ID:us0qaglporf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converted avi file to vcd file. The vcd file plays OK on computer with Windows media player. But it will not play on my TV/DVD. The screen froze. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

ashy  2004-03-06 01:11:00 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tell us the process you used to create the VCD from encoding to burning and we may be able to sort you out and the programs you used.

Question - problem with vdub frame server No.41116
Kaoru  2004-03-03 16:11:35 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what is wrong with my vdub ...
i can't open frameserver file ... iven with vdub :(
please help

ashy  2004-03-04 22:25:53 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You haven't installed the frame server client correctly.
Run AuxSetup.exe in the Virtualdub folder and install the handler.

Kaoru  2004-03-05 08:28:30 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it's not that i've already done it ,& it's not working

thnx KAoru

ashy  2004-03-06 00:51:13 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uninstall the handler first then reboot. Next re-install the handler then reboot again.

If it still doesn't work try running the proxyon.reg file then try again.

Which operating system are you using?

Kaoru  2004-03-07 14:50:25 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WIn xp

Kaoru  2004-03-07 14:53:55 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that's not it sorry , i think it's somting with my codeks this movie is in xvid format , all divx movies R working great :)

ashy  2004-03-08 22:04:38 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that the frame server is working with DIVX movies, but not XVID movies?
Can you actually load an XVID movie into Virtualdub?

Question - HELP!!!! PLEASE No.41108
mOuLdY  2004-03-03 04:37:46 ( ID:abql4tqvk9m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, i have a video that is 741mb so it wont fit on a blanck cd. so i have split it in half using TMPGenc, and the end result of only HALF the video is 781mb. what did i do wrong?

ashy  2004-03-03 11:32:22 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you split it?

If it's MPEG1 VCD then you can fit up to 800mb on an 80mins CDR or 747MB on a 74min CDR. With overburning you can fit 823mb on an 80min disk.

mOuLdY  2004-03-03 15:20:38 ( ID:abql4tqvk9m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

its a DivX video, and in the MPEG settings, under the Advanced tab i split it in half with the Source Range tool.

Rick  2004-03-03 20:59:16 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Source" in your case is a divx AVI. It sounds like you converted it to mpeg? in which case, the file could be larger or smaller than the source. For splitting AVI files I suggest using virtualdub. Also, if your AVI has variable bitrate audio you can use virtualdub to save the audio as an uncompressed wav file. Use the wav as your audio input in tmpgenc to prevent audio sync problems when converting avi to mpeg.

Rick  2004-03-03 21:52:59 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"source range" tool does NOT split AVI files. It just tells tmpgenc what portion of the source to use for input.

ashy  2004-03-04 22:10:51 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL...you haven't split the AVI you have re-encoded it to an MPEG. This is why it is larger than the AVI.
MPEG1 VCDs encode 10mb/min. So if your AVI is 2 hours long say, it will be 1200 MB in size.

Like Rick says you need Virtualdub to split AVI's.

mOuLdY  2004-03-04 22:27:32 ( ID:qcipfpoahu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

O.....i c, well thank u so much. o and do u no where i can get this virtualdub?

ashy  2004-03-06 00:46:12 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

google.com

Question - asf to avi with ASFtools and then vcd with TMPGEnc No.41096
lorac  2004-03-02 22:06:19 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used ASFTools to convert an asf file to avi. The avi file plays correctly, but when I use TMPGEnc to convert it to mpg the resulting file contains quite a few 'pops' or glitches. Not quite sure how to explain the errors, but I guess pop is the best way.

Also not sure if it's an ASFTools problem, or TMPGEnc problem, but don't think it's and ASFTool problem as the avi plays without the glitches in WMP ... both classic and 9.0 ... an Power DVD. The original asf also play without problems.

Any suggestions for correcting this is appreciated. (W2K, 1 gig memory, PlexWriter cd-r).

lorac

ashy  2004-03-03 00:51:19 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG will encode ASF directly. You may need to raise the priority of the 'directshow file reader' in the VFAPI plugins to 2. If not then you can use VirtualDub14c-asf to frameserve the file to TMPG.

lorac  2004-03-03 01:47:48 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried what you suggest and it does not encode the audio. Audio starts but then stops in both Windows Media Playr Classic and 9.0.
The GSpot info is as follows ...
The audio src is: WMAudioV2
audio path : (S) --> ASF ACM Handler --> Windows Media Audio Decoder --> MatrixMixer --> (R)
stream type: video/x-ms-asf
video src type: MP43
audio src: WMAudioV2

The priority of the 'directshow file reader' is set in the VFAPI plugins to 2. I also get the problem of big chunks of blocks in some files as mentioned in another post, and that is with directshow set to 2.

I also think I tried VDub and it did not like the files! Also tried VDub 1.3 with the same results.

The asf to avi conversion works, but then I have the problem of the "popping" sounds. Video and audio is so complicated and there are so many different formats in use. Each file is different and needs to be addressed with different tools ... just like life, it is not simple.

lorac

ashy  2004-03-03 11:20:07 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you use VirtualDub14c-asf?
This is a special version for ASF files, sometimes though it won't work with certain ASF files, usually ones that are corrupt in some way.

Also it is well known that media player 9 interferes and causes a lot of problems with Directshow related sources in programs such as TMPG, and other software.
My advice would be to get rid of it if you can and stick to version 8. You will find posts relating to this on this BBS.

Also you may want to try installing the hacked MS MPEG4 1,2,3 codec.
Microsoft has placed restrictions in the current versions of the MS MPEG4 (AKA ASF)codec as they do not want it used in third party programs which may prevent certain programs other than Windows media player from using it correctly causing compression errors.

You can find it here:
http://www.undercut.org/msmpeg4/

Rick  2004-03-03 21:58:12 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a way around the microsoft restrictions. I noticed my tmpgenc won't even show WMV ASF files when browsing for a source. Since ASF is encoded using mpeg-4, I simply rename the ASF giving it a MPG extention. It worked for me.

mickyjuice  2004-03-05 11:52:39 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>The audio src is: WMAudioV2

you need the hacked microsoft v2 codecs as ashy has suggested above

i'd also get the hacked microsoft v3 codecs, just for good measure, you dont need v3 to encode the video you have but it my come in handy for later use, i know i needed both codecs every now and then

lorac  2004-03-05 18:26:01 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. I will try all that you have suggested. I cannot believe how many codecs I have installed lately. My computer is just about ready to throw up it's hands and say "enough". maybe I should start over.

carol

lorac  2004-03-05 19:01:46 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Did you use VirtualDub14c-asf?
>This is a special version for ASF files

No, I have Vdub 1.3 and 1.4.13 installed. Tried both and neither would recognize the asf or avi file.

I find that if I use any features in ASFTools other than the "convert" function it gives me corrupted files. Still waiting to hear back from them on that issue.

>Also it is well known that media player 9 interferes and causes a lot of ...>My advice would be to get rid of it if you can and stick to version 8. You will find posts relating to this on this BBS.

I've looked thru the forum for references to WMP 8 and also searched online but I find that WMP goes from 7.1 to 9. Seems that 8 came with XP, but I cannot find it on the web. I should tell you that my OS is W2K. I have WMP Classic and 9X installed. Also have Power DVD.

Ok, so I'm going back to see if the file will play in Power DVD. Think I will have to re-do the file as I deleted the versions that play with the audio skips.

carol

ashy  2004-03-06 01:02:19 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I've looked thru the forum for references to WMP 8 and also searched online but I find that WMP goes from 7.1 to 9. Seems that 8 came with XP, but I cannot find it on the web. I should tell you that my OS is W2K. I have WMP Classic and 9X installed. Also have Power DVD.

OIC...

lorac  2004-03-06 01:44:57 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ashy, what is oic?

Anyway, the damn file ... good thing it's only 1:44 minutes. I've removed all codecs; I've installed the Nemo pack and tried the file again. What happens now is the file plays to 1:11 and then the sound cuts out. Before it was skipping frames from about 25 seconds in.

I was reading that there are problems with DIVX 5.2 and am wondering if that has been fixed? The problematic symptoms as described in the literature appeares to be what I'm experiencing with this file. I've also checked some of my other files and they have tiny glitches, but not to the extent of this file.

Here is the file info from gspot.

Stream Type: AVI and Interleave: not supported (what ???)
video: MP43 s-mpeg4 ver 3
audio: divx 32 kb/s 16 ch stereo Fs 22050 hz

So why would the audio be fine for 1:11 minutes and then drop out?

This file is driving me crazy, but once the problem is solved them maybe the others will work without any glitches .... one can only hope.

Thanks for your time

Carol

ashy  2004-03-06 13:39:02 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install FFDSHOW and make sure you configure it to decode all MPEG4 coded files.

ashy  2004-03-06 13:39:55 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S.
OIC = OH I see

Question - Edits don't seem very exact No.41091
Max Power  2004-03-02 20:15:26 ( ID:dgkugyxgvwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I use Merge & Cut to, say, remove the commercials leading into and at the end of a television show, no matter how precise the cuts look while I'm doing them, after the file is multiplexed, there usually (but not always) seems to be a split second that the edit let slip by. What I mean by that is, after the end of the television show, where the cut is supposed to be, there usually seems to be an extra split second of the commercial I could have sworn I cut. I'll even go back, try to cut an extra couple of tenths of a second off the end and it'll still be there.

Any particular reason for this behavior and is there any way to get around it?

Thanks.

ashy  2004-03-03 00:58:20 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is because MPEGs aren't really maent to be edited. MPEGs can only be cut at I-frames therefore TMPG will shift the cut to the neaest I frame.

If you wish to cut on a frame that isn't an I frame then you will need frame accurate editor such as MPEG2VCR. MPEG2VCR will re-encode the GOP where the intended frame cut is.

Max Power  2004-03-03 01:13:59 ( ID:dgkugyxgvwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the insight. Do AVIs work any differently? Are they better to cut? Thank you.

Rick  2004-03-03 21:37:21 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVI's are a little bit different but the same basic principle. AVI's use keyframes so your cut will not be exact if you cut between keyframes.

If you are looking to cut mpeg's exact, you can use tmpgenc "force picture type" in the advanced tab, to insert an I frame exactly where you want to cut.

tmarkthomas  2004-05-14 10:21:12 ( ID:0fvhok9m1ma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Whenever I use Merge & Cut to, say, remove the commercials leading into and at the end of a television show, no matter how precise the cuts look while I'm doing them, after the file is multiplexed, there usually (but not always) seems to be a split second that the edit let slip by. What I mean by that is, after the end of the television show, where the cut is supposed to be, there usually seems to be an extra split second of the commercial I could have sworn I cut. I'll even go back, try to cut an extra couple of tenths of a second off the end and it'll still be there.
>
>Any particular reason for this behavior and is there any way to get around it?
>
>Thanks.
>try renaming the file to ".mpv", then you can cut in "source range" section to an exact frame. tt

Question - Cutting a file No.41086
Helpme  2004-03-02 13:49:40 ( ID:z.l5ytudckw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have converted an avi file to mpg1 in order to burn with Nero but the file is too large to fit on one cd and I can't figure out how to cut it into two files. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks for your help.

mickyjuice  2004-03-02 14:48:37 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Any idea on how to do this?

use merge and cut

goto file>mpeg tools> add (the vid you want to cut)>double click on the file and hey presto

Rick  2004-03-03 22:10:58 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You say you converted to mpeg-1 "in order to burn with nero". I know you probably already know you can burn an AVI to a data cd. so I'll assume you are trying to burn a video CD. IF, and only IF you are burning a video CD, your mpeg can be 800meg for a 700mb cd. You can't just burn a data cd with an mpeg-1 on it unless it's under 700mb(or whatever size Cd you have). This is because the video cd format does not use that extra 100 meg for error correction, like a data cd does.

It's best to split your AVI's so that they are under one hour, 19min using virtualdub. Then use tmpgenc to encode the 2 files into mpeg-1 format. Do it that way, and you'll never end up with an mpeg that has to be split. It's much easier to cut an AVI ahead of time, so you don't have to mess with cutting an MPEG. Also, cutting an MPEG can sometimes render it non-compliant for video CD.

Cut your AVI's so that they are under 1 hour, 19 min before converting to MPEG!

mickyjuice  2004-03-04 00:56:00 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Also, cutting an MPEG can sometimes render it non-compliant for video CD.

y would it go non-compliant if you set to to mpeg-1 vcd or mpeg supervcd, it would only go non-compliant if you told it too

dont confuse ppl

mickyjuice  2004-03-05 11:46:33 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>y would it go non-compliant if you set to to mpeg-1 vcd or mpeg supervcd, it >would only go non-compliant if you told it too

>my previous post should read as follows:

why would the video turn non-compliant if youve set it to mpeg-1 vcd or mpeg-2 supervcd, it would only go non-compliant if you told it too

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.