TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 200 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question if i use frame rate 23.7, nero doesn't recognise it. matt 1 2003-04-06 20:50:35
Request mux a/v with offset d18c7db 1 2003-04-06 20:51:57
Question Audio problems with tmpgenc calphool 3 2003-04-06 21:00:58
Question Audio Out Of Sync After Merge chris_654 3 2003-04-07 23:11:15
Question I know this has been asked b4...but never really answered nolo101 1 2003-04-05 23:18:30
Question WMP 9.0 JR 1 2003-04-05 23:15:16
Question c chris ludlow 6 2003-04-08 20:01:09
Question movie is turned up side down pascal 1 2003-04-05 13:50:06
Question SVCD to VCD HomieC 4 2003-04-06 23:42:32
Question P3Package.dll keynet 3 2003-04-06 11:54:46
Question File Size hansusa 0 2003-04-05 03:21:22
Question Can I change WMV to MPEG Ross Thompson 1 2003-04-05 02:18:11

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 200 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - if i use frame rate 23.7, nero doesn't recognise it. No.36099
matt  2003-04-06 15:55:39 ( ID:z.m5bpadjb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone help me?

i'm converting an avi. The source was made at 23.7 fps. If i encode it in tmpgenc at 25fps, the picture isn't very smooth, i.e its jerky. If i encode it at 23.7 it plays fine on the computer, but when i try to burn it to vcd using nero, nero says it must encode it for it to work.

am i doing something wrong. If you don't know, could you recommend other vcd burning software that might work for me?

Ashy  2003-04-06 20:50:35 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't where you got that AVI from, but whoever encoded it at that frame rate did not know what they were doing.

Nero will accept this frame rate if you select the option 'Turn off standard compliance and continue' when asked, but it unlikely it will play in any player correctly.

Yoy will need to adjust the frame rate to 23.976 fps or 25 fps using AVIfrate and then use a program such as cool edit to shrink the audio to sync it with the video.
Alternatively you can use AVisynth to alter the frame rate. With this method you won't need to alter the audio.

ASHY

Request - mux a/v with offset No.36097
d18c7db  2003-04-06 08:38:13 ( ID:vbater6jvqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to add, in a future version, the ability to specify a time offset for the audio when muxing separate audio/video files into a program stream. This would greatly help sync a/v files that have become unsynced after de-muxing. A real time preview would also help greatly.

Thanks,

A

Ashy  2003-04-06 20:51:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BBMPEG and MPEG2VCR can do this.

ASHY

Question - Audio problems with tmpgenc No.36093
calphool  2003-04-06 08:02:14 ( ID:z9hc.bhfquj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a problem with tmpgenc (current version) that I can't seem to figure out. I've got an AVI that gSpot reports as being MPEG-1 Layer 3 audio and video codec of S-MPEG 4 Version 4 (FOURCC: MP43). The AVI plays fine in Windows Media Player (both audio and video work), but when I run it through tmpgenc, the resulting .mpg has no audio. I've tried everything I can think of. These are the things I've tried with no success:

1) I used virtualdub to strip the audio out to a .WAV and then used that for my audio input in tmpgenc--didn't work.
2) I used virtualdub's full interpretation mode for the audio and converted the audio of the .AVI to a huge raw PCM file and used that for my audio input--didn't work.
3) I set virtualdub up as a frame server and and told tmpgenc to pull the data from the frameserver--same result, only video, no audio.

When I look at the resulting .mpg with gSpot, it simply tells me that the I have a video/mpg file, but nothing is filled in for the FOURCC or the audio settings. When I play the mpg, I just get a silent version of the movie.

What could this possibly be? Why does it work as an AVI in media player, but I can't seem to get the audio stripped out to work with tmpgenc? Is my copy of tmpgenc screwed up somehow?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

calphool  2003-04-06 10:26:43 ( ID:z9hc.bhfquj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I'm having a problem with tmpgenc (current version) that I can't seem to figure out. I've got an AVI that gSpot reports as being MPEG-1 Layer 3 audio and video codec of S-MPEG 4 Version 4 (FOURCC: MP43). The AVI plays fine in Windows Media Player (both audio and video work), but when I run it through tmpgenc, the resulting .mpg has no audio. I've tried everything I can think of. These are the things I've tried with no success:
>
>1) I used virtualdub to strip the audio out to a .WAV and then used that for my audio input in tmpgenc--didn't work.
>2) I used virtualdub's full interpretation mode for the audio and converted the audio of the .AVI to a huge raw PCM file and used that for my audio input--didn't work.
>3) I set virtualdub up as a frame server and and told tmpgenc to pull the data from the frameserver--same result, only video, no audio.
>
>When I look at the resulting .mpg with gSpot, it simply tells me that the I have a video/mpg file, but nothing is filled in for the FOURCC or the audio settings. When I play the mpg, I just get a silent version of the movie.
>
>What could this possibly be? Why does it work as an AVI in media player, but I can't seem to get the audio stripped out to work with tmpgenc? Is my copy of tmpgenc screwed up somehow?
>
>Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Well, I've helped myself a little I think. I downloaded Graphedit and opened up the AVI that renders ok. I then removed the DirectShow audio renderer from the resulting graph and replaced it with a wave file renderer and finally a file writer. Then I played the whole works and ended up with a garden variety wav file, although I'm not sure what format it is. Then I ran tmpgenc with the new wav file set as its audio input. Voila! I now have an MPG with audio. The strange thing is that when I look at it with gSpot, it still reports it the same way as before. When I look at it with Graphedit, it shows that it's using the MPEG-1 audio decoder. That's not right for VCD is it? I thought tmpgenc would convert it to MPEG-2 with its built in MPEG-2 engine. I thought I read that the correct audio format for VCD is MPEG-2... no? I hate to go to all the trouble to create an mpg and burn it to VCD only to find it won't play in my DVD player. I swear, I've never had so much trouble with an AVI before...(I've probably done this a dozen times before without a hitch).

calphool  2003-04-06 14:13:31 ( ID:z9hc.bhfquj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I'm having a problem with tmpgenc (current version) that I can't seem to figure out. I've got an AVI that gSpot reports as being MPEG-1 Layer 3 audio and video codec of S-MPEG 4 Version 4 (FOURCC: MP43). The AVI plays fine in Windows Media Player (both audio and video work), but when I run it through tmpgenc, the resulting .mpg has no audio. I've tried everything I can think of. These are the things I've tried with no success:
>
>1) I used virtualdub to strip the audio out to a .WAV and then used that for my audio input in tmpgenc--didn't work.
>2) I used virtualdub's full interpretation mode for the audio and converted the audio of the .AVI to a huge raw PCM file and used that for my audio input--didn't work.
>3) I set virtualdub up as a frame server and and told tmpgenc to pull the data from the frameserver--same result, only video, no audio.
>
>When I look at the resulting .mpg with gSpot, it simply tells me that the I have a video/mpg file, but nothing is filled in for the FOURCC or the audio settings. When I play the mpg, I just get a silent version of the movie.
>
>What could this possibly be? Why does it work as an AVI in media player, but I can't seem to get the audio stripped out to work with tmpgenc? Is my copy of tmpgenc screwed up somehow?
>
>Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Well, I've helped myself a little I think. I downloaded Graphedit and opened up the AVI that renders ok. I then removed the DirectShow audio renderer from the resulting graph and replaced it with a wave file renderer and finally a file writer. Then I played the whole works and ended up with a garden variety wav file, although I'm not sure what format it is. Then I ran tmpgenc with the new wav file set as its audio input. Voila! I now have an MPG with audio. The strange thing is that when I look at it with gSpot, it still reports it the same way as before. When I look at it with Graphedit, it shows that it's using the MPEG-1 audio decoder. That's not right for VCD is it? I thought tmpgenc would convert it to MPEG-2 with its built in MPEG-2 engine. I thought I read that the correct audio format for VCD is MPEG-2... no? I hate to go to all the trouble to create an mpg and burn it to VCD only to find it won't play in my DVD player. I swear, I've never had so much trouble with an AVI before...(I've probably done this a dozen times before without a hitch).

Ashy  2003-04-06 21:00:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to be all confused.
MPEG2 is a video format much the same as MPEG1.
Mp2 or to give it it's full name MPEG1 layer 2 is an audio format.

Your VCD has the correct audio format, so just go ahead and burn it.

ASHY

Question - Audio Out Of Sync After Merge No.36089
chris_654  2003-04-06 03:02:01 ( ID:hupumfyq6hk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I merged several of my mpeg files together in order to form one long one, but when i output it the movie's audio is way out of sync... How do i fix this?

Ashy  2003-04-06 21:14:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use BBMPEG or MPEG2VCR to offset the audio when you multiplex.

ASHY

chris_654  2003-04-07 00:00:54 ( ID:hupumfyq6hk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could you be a little more specific? Where do i get those & how do i use them? And i'm not multiplexing(nor do i know how), i'm just going to "Merge & Cut", adding my videos to the list then hitting "output".

Ashy  2003-04-07 23:11:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Multiplexing is a process of combining the Video and audio components of an MPEG in to one file. De-Multiplexing is a process of seperating the Video and audio components of an MPEG.

First you will need to de-multiplex the MPEG with TMPEG then use BBMPEG or MPEG2VCR to Re-multiplex the two components back together. Both of these programs will allow you to use an offset for the audio to re-sync it with the video when you multiplex. Find them on Google, BBMPEG is free, MPEG2VCR is not.
If Minion sees this hopefully he will post you a link to MPEG2VCR.

ASHY

Question - I know this has been asked b4...but never really answered No.36087
nolo101  2003-04-05 22:27:54 ( ID:157gmrwhqig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know this was asked before - but sean21 never really recieved an answer - after encoding I get no audio - any ideas why or what I need to do?

Minion  2003-04-05 23:18:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is Because the audio format in the AVI file is Not Supported By Tmpgenc or you don"t have the Proper Codecs or Filters to decode the audio, Generally this Happens with DivX and XviD files that have AC3 audio, what you have to do is useing something like "AVI-Mux-Gui" to Extract the audio from your AVI file to WAV format then use the WAV file to encode in Tmpgenc....

Question - WMP 9.0 No.36085
JR  2003-04-05 19:09:16 ( ID:ptjuda66yl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just upgraded my Windows Media Player 7.1 to 9.0 However, I can no longer convert any of my WMV files in my hard drive to MPG. The error message indicates the file is unsupported or can't be open. I had no problems converting my WMV files when I was running WMP 7.1 Does someone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Minion  2003-04-05 23:15:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should NOT have installed "Media Player 9" it causes Big Problems with useing Tmpgenc and Many other Codec dependant Programs and the only thing you can do to get Tmpgenc to work Properly again with your files is to delete Media Player 9 by doing a System Restore.....

Question - c No.36078
chris ludlow  2003-04-05 15:31:55 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help???

I downloaded a movie in avi and converted it to mpeg so can make a vcd but its in NSTC. Can it be converted into PAL??

Minion  2003-04-05 23:12:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can Not Properly Convert NTSC to PAL With Tmpgenc, if you try the Video will Be Jumpy and the audio might not be in Sync..You Can use AVISynth to do the Frame rate conversion while Frame serveing but you have to have a Good Grasp on AVISynth Script Writing..Besides that there are Programs that can do it But they don"t come cheap, doing Proper NTSC/Pal conversions takes fairly sofisticated software,some Programs that can do it are "ProCoder" "Vegas Video 4" and "Advanced NTSC/Pal Converter" and there are ways to do it with mostly Free software accept for a good audio editor but these methods take a Good Knowlege of the Software involved..Try going to "http://www.dvdrhelp.com/" and look for a Tutorial on converting between NTSC and Pal....

Ashy  2003-04-06 21:11:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It can.
Change the frame rate to 25 fps in TMPG and make sure you check the option 'Do not frame rate conversion' under the advanced tab. Do not encode the audio.

You will then need an audio editor like Cooledit to change the length of the audio to match the Video then encode the audio and multiplex it with your video.
Be aware if this AVI is 29.97 fps and you convert it to 25 fps that the movie may seem like it's playing slow.
To avoid this the best way to format convert is with AVIsynth.

ASHY

B_Racer  2003-04-07 16:52:28 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Ashy

The way you descripted is only usable for PAL-Speedup from Film-Source (23.976 fps).

Like you said: AVIsynth is a good Choice for doing any Conversation.

Ashy  2003-04-07 22:44:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>IThe way you descripted is only usable for PAL-Speedup from Film-Source (23.976 fps).
Yes I do know this. I'm getting pretty fed up with your attack on every post I make!
If you read my post again, you will note that I already warned the poster that if the frame rate is 29.97 rather than 23.976 that the movie will seem like it's playing slow which is why I advised using AVIsynth.

Here it is again. This time have a good read of it.
>Be aware if this AVI is 29.97 fps and you convert it to 25 fps that the movie may seem like it's playing slow.
>To avoid this the best way to format convert is with AVIsynth.

ASHY

B_Racer  2003-04-08 09:11:25 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Ashy

Hey, cool down! I did not Attack you. But don't forget: here are lots of Newbies, and you did not write about 23.976 fps, right?

Ashy  2003-04-08 20:01:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>But don't forget: here are lots of Newbies

Which was exactly the point in my post.
I was trying to give him the simplest way I could think of for converting the movie.

I did warn him that with this method there would be playback artifacts if it was 29.97. I didn't need to mention about the movie being 23.976 because if it was and he used the above method then the resulting movie would have been fine anyway.

If it likely was 29.97 and he used the above method but didn't like the results then he could use AVIsynth as I said, but I didn't want to baffle, as you say a newbie, with technical details about a program such as AVIsynth which isn't really newbie friendly if he was happy after the process above.

If not then he could post back asking for more details about how to use AVIsynth, to which I would have duly replied with the info.

My aim is to try and consider the posters knowledge and give whatever info may be relevant based on that without trying to confuse him/her.

ASHY

Question - movie is turned up side down No.36076
pascal  2003-04-05 09:41:44 ( ID:gk/qdyj6oo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
When I convert harry potter from divx to mpg is perfect only up side down?
What am I doing wrong?
please help

Pascal

Ashy  2003-04-05 13:50:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install FFDSHOW and check the option to flip the picture.

ASHY

Question - SVCD to VCD No.36071
HomieC  2003-04-05 06:47:26 ( ID:bydnsidcylh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does anyone know how to get an SVCD.mpg to be supported in TMPEG? i keep getting the unsupported file type error with SVCD files.

Minion  2003-04-05 23:01:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To load Mpeg2 files into Tmpgenc you need a Mpeg2 decoder installed on yer System, Either the "Ligos Mpeg2 decoder" or the "CyberLink Mpeg2 decoder",If you install "Power DVD" you will get the Cyberlink Decoder and most codec Packs come with the Ligos Mpeg2 decoder..and there is an Odl Mpeg2 decoder that works with Tmpgenc called "M2V-VFP"..But the Best way to encode Mpeg2 files with Tmpgenc is to use DVD2AVI to make a D2V Frameserver File and a Mp2 audio file, then encode the D2V file to whatever you want(Mpeg1/2) then just Mux the audio file to the encode mpeg file, There is no need to encode the audio cuz it is allready in Mpeg format.

HomieC  2003-04-06 21:32:38 ( ID:nxiso16zd4w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well i have an SVCD mpg file, and i want to encode it to a VCD mpg file, but TMPEG won't even let me open the SVCD mpg file so i can encode it to a lower format. how can i fix that?

HomieC  2003-04-06 21:35:20 ( ID:nxiso16zd4w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i forgot to say, i also have WinDVD installed on my comp, so it should have the SVCD codec installed

Minion  2003-04-06 23:42:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Did Not Say WinDVD I said "Power DVD"!! And I allready explained How to encode Mpeg2 files if you Can"t load them into Tmpgenc...I said to use "DVD2AVI" to make a "MP2" audio file and a "D2V" Project File which will Frame serve the Video to Tmpgenc, when the Video is Finnished being encoded Just Multiplex the MP2 audio file with the Video file useing the "Mpeg Tools",It is Really Quite simple, this Method is actually better than Loading the Mpeg2 file directly into Tmpgenc..But if you have the Correct Mpeg2 decoders installed then you shouldn"t have a Problem loading Mpeg2 files into Tmpgenc...If the Reason why you are encodeing a SVCD to VCD is Because your DVD Player will not play SVCD"s then you might be able to Fool your DVD Player into thinking the SVCD File is a VCD File, and you can do this without Encodeing the File to VCD and without looseing Quality which you will loose when you encode the SVCD to VCD...All you have to do is load the SVCD file into "Tmpgenc"s" "Merge & cut" with the "Video-CD Non-Standard" setting in the Dropdown Menu and Just running the File through, this will adda VCD Header to the File so when you burn it as a VCD your DVD Player will think the SVCD is a VCD and Play it..This works with Most DVD"s Players that Play only VCD"s....

Question - P3Package.dll No.36067
keynet  2003-04-05 06:44:21 ( ID:vdm.cienwnh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to start endcoding I get an error message saying "can't load P3Packing .dll" can anyone help me get pass this? Thanks in advance Daniel

CHN4  2003-04-05 13:44:16 ( ID:s6evhh1brv. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. Does anyone have the solution?

Minion  2003-04-05 22:49:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is from Not haveing all of the Tmpgenc files in the Same folder, Every file that comes with Tmpgenc Must be in a Folder, then Same Folder and you can Not have the Main EXE File sitting on your DeskTop as a ShortCut...

chn4  2003-04-06 11:54:46 ( ID:wlrzvkrrq.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's right. I went back and did a search for p3packing.dll. Found it. Then dragged it over to the correct folder and everything worked. Thanks.

Question - File Size No.36066
hansusa  2003-04-05 03:21:22 ( ID:6dd.3oeruzf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am frameserving from Premiere to TMPGENC. For some reason TMPG hangs when the .mpg file reaches 699,545 KB each time. Have looked high and low in menus and on-line without finding what the reason is. I have also changed the bitrate and it hangs at the same filesize regardless.

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Question - Can I change WMV to MPEG No.36064
Ross Thompson  2003-04-05 02:12:08 ( ID:nby1uryrdpm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can this software be used to change WMV files to MPEG to eventualy get them to play as SVCD or even to DVD

Ashy  2003-04-05 02:18:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.