TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 198 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Problem with converting AVI to MPEG-1 + GOP DDog 2 2003-04-08 18:50:37
Question can someone help please? lysangelle 1 2003-04-08 21:39:05
Question can i fix this glitch in my mpg-2 files? idaboy 0 2003-04-08 14:36:33
Question Im a Newbie!!! i need guidance LeeW 1 2003-04-08 21:34:25
Question How can I encode without creating wav file 1st ASYM 1 2003-04-08 21:29:27
Question subtitles in tmpgence john 6 2003-04-23 15:17:47
Question What are best settings for DV/avi to an mpeg2 svcd ms 1 2003-04-08 21:21:59
Question Removal of Quicktime DirectShow File Reader Support? Dave 2 2003-04-09 15:56:14
Question SVCD to VCD header trick gbagman37 2 2003-04-10 03:57:47
Question USING WAV FILE BUT STILL HAVE NO SOUND? bigjeffy 1 2003-04-13 21:28:48
Question SVCD to VCD header trick gbagman37 1 2003-04-08 21:07:52
Question USING WAV FILE BUT STILL HAVE NO SOUND? bigjeffy 1 2003-04-08 20:55:24

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 198 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Problem with converting AVI to MPEG-1 + GOP No.36172
DDog  2003-04-08 16:44:18 ( ID:x7ia./umv.r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert my .avi file to .mpg file. I've done it successfully. But when I'm trying to make an entry (by enabling GOP) in the .mpg file to use in authoring VCD with chaptering, VCDEasy could find any of entry that I've made, why?

DDog  2003-04-08 16:46:15 ( ID:x7ia./umv.r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Correction: ... VCDEasy **couldn't** find ...

Ashy  2003-04-08 18:50:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>But when I'm trying to make an entry (by enabling GOP) in the .mpg file to use in authoring VCD with chaptering

What do you mean enabling GOP? Enable where? Chapter points are created at I frames, so what have you enabled and where?

ASHY

Question - can someone help please? No.36170
lysangelle  2003-04-08 14:54:05 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone,

i downloaded that xvid movie that obstinately refuses to be converted.

Each time it reaches 17% i have an advice saying that the program is going to close because of an illegal operation.

I have the ffdshow installed, i uninstalled the windows media player 9 and got the older version back, my directshow setting is up to 2.
I tried fixing the file with divfix (it had a lot of errors offset and corrupted data)including cutting the bad parts.

Nothing worked. Arrrggghhhhhhh.
Can someone help please?
Thanks in advance from a very frustrated me.

Minion  2003-04-08 21:39:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried Useing "Virtual dub" to scan for errors then Mask the Bad Frames and Make a Copy of the File with the Bad Frames masked?? or instead of Makeing a Copy you can Just frameserve from V-Dub to Tmpgenc..But if the File is that Full of errors there might be little chance you you ever being able to convert this File Properly, But this is Quite common with Downloaded files...

Question - can i fix this glitch in my mpg-2 files? No.36169
idaboy  2003-04-08 14:36:33 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try encoding to mpg2, it does everything perfectly fine, but when I play back the video, every 10 seconds or so the video glitches and it looks like it replaces a frame with one that came about 1/2 a second before. It really is quite annoying having the screen glitch every ten seconds, anybody else have this problem or knows how to fix it?

idaboy

Question - Im a Newbie!!! i need guidance No.36167
LeeW  2003-04-08 14:00:13 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive downloaded an AVI file from kaza and tried to convert it to mpeg using TMPGEnc. Ive followed the guidnace on dvdhelper. At one point it said that i could preview the moive so i tried to do this but it was play nothing. I then burned it to a cd using Nero, it played on the dvd player but it was blank space.

What am i doing wrong as the AVI file plays on my PC.

Minion  2003-04-08 21:34:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you should Never Burn any Mpeg File to disk unless you have watched it first on your computer..And if there is No Preview then there will not be an image in the file after encodeing...You probably just need to go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the Priority of the "Direct Show Multimedia File Reader" to "2"..This should make the Preview show an image...

Question - How can I encode without creating wav file 1st No.36165
ASYM  2003-04-08 09:44:27 ( ID:ercka70lmyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone please tell me how I can encode avi to mpeg without 1st creating a wav file. Some of my avi file can be done that way but most of the xvid files cannot. Is there a missing codec or environment setting of TMPGEnc that I need to correct. I know I have all the codec bec the avi file plays all right. I tried changing the DDirectShow priority to 2 but TMPG crashes after.
Any Help? Thanks

Minion  2003-04-08 21:29:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Problem is that XviD files usually have AC3 audio and Tmpgenc can"t handle AC3 audio, Not a Lot of Programs can...Some Poeple have claimed that they have been able to use AC3 in Tmpgenc useing the right combination of Filters but I have never been able to duplicate their success..And Tmpgenc does not like VBR Audio streams and some DivX and XviD files have "VBR MP3" .....

Question - subtitles in tmpgence No.36158
john  2003-04-08 08:34:25 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm using tmpgence for a long time now

but since a few days i cant encode movies with subs any more

i mean at the and of the movie subs disappear and suddenly come back

tmpgence 2.53.35.130 plus..

settings >> directshow multi reader 7
tmpgence project reader 2.53 7
avi2opendml reader 5
wave file reader 4
avi vfw compat reader 3
bmp/ppm/tga/jpg reader 3

vobsub 2.23
sldcodeck pack 3.1

john  2003-04-08 17:27:39 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

any1 ????

Ashy  2003-04-08 18:59:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why in the hell do you have your filter priorities set so high?!

You very rarely have to even have any of the filters above 2 never mind anywhere near 7. Your settings are just crazy.

My advice to you is to first lower all those priorities. Change directshow to 2, and the rest to 0

ASHY

john  2003-04-09 09:09:03 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OOh sorry i will try this hope it works

john  2003-04-10 00:10:08 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

YOOOO ash it didnt worked

settings >> directshow multi reader 2
tmpgence project reader 2.53 2
avi2opendml reader 1
wave file reader 1
avi vfw compat reader 1
bmp/ppm/tga/jpg reader 1

john  2003-04-10 00:11:34 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm using tmpgence for a long time now

but since a few days i cant encode movies with subs any more

i mean at the and of the movie subs disappear and suddenly come back

settings >> directshow multi reader 7
tmpgence project reader 2.53 7
avi2opendml reader 5
wave file reader 4
avi vfw compat reader 3
bmp/ppm/tga/jpg reader 3

vobsub 2.23
sldcodeck pack 3.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
john ( Mail ) 04/08 (Tue) 11:27 ( ID:ch3wja83ual ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
any1 ????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashy 04/08 (Tue) 12:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
Why in the hell do you have your filter priorities set so high?!

You very rarely have to even have any of the filters above 2 never mind anywhere near 7. Your settings are just crazy.

My advice to you is to first lower all those priorities. Change directshow to 2, and the rest to 0

ASHY

john ( Mail ) 04/09 (Wed) 03:09 ( ID:ch3wja83ual ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
OOh sorry i will try this hope it works

YOOOO ash it didnt worked

settings >> directshow multi reader 2
tmpgence project reader 2.53 2
avi2opendml reader 1
wave file reader 1
avi vfw compat reader 1
bmp/ppm/tga/jpg reader 1

john  2003-04-23 15:17:47 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello its stil doesnt work

Question - What are best settings for DV/avi to an mpeg2 svcd No.36156
ms  2003-04-08 06:10:57 ( ID:bh/qqq6vf1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the best settings to use to encode an mpeg2 for a svcd.
I captured avi file using a fire wire card and dV camcorder.
It's about 60 min of video 13gb avi file. I don't mind putting
30 min on each svcd.

Minion  2003-04-08 21:21:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no "Best Settings", What is best is what looks good to you and what would work with one DV file might not work with another DV file..A High Bitrate is allways good, and allways remember to get your Field order correct when working with DV Files but other than that use your own Judgement and do some sample Encodes to see what setting produce what effect, Useing the "CQ" or "Constant Quality" setting usually produces the best results...

Question - Removal of Quicktime DirectShow File Reader Support? No.36153
Dave  2003-04-08 03:52:48 ( ID:ylxv.ixphpf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've recently updated to the latest version of TMPGEnc 2.510 from 2.53 and have noticed that the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader (under VFAPI Plug-in) no longer supports .mov files.

Why has the support been removed?

Is there anyway to support it again in 2.510?

I've tried using the QT Movie Reader and that didn't help (not that I expected it would).

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

David

Minion  2003-04-08 21:12:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know what you are talking about , MOV support was only possible with the "QT Mov VFAPI Plugin" and it has allways been this way, at least since version 2.51..The only way to get Tmpgenc to support Mov files is to use the Plugin...

Andrew  2003-04-09 15:56:14 ( ID:i84zzdk3cah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I've recently updated to the latest version of TMPGEnc 2.510 from 2.53 and have noticed that the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader (under VFAPI Plug-in) no longer supports .mov files.
>
>Why has the support been removed?
>
>Is there anyway to support it again in 2.510?
>
>I've tried using the QT Movie Reader and that didn't help (not that I expected it would).
>
>If anyone can help that would be great.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>

Go here: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/svcd.html
Download the plug in, put it in the same folder as you installed the app, close and restart tmpgenc and you should be fine.
>David

Question - SVCD to VCD header trick No.36150
gbagman37  2003-04-08 02:40:21 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to make SVCD's. My stand alone DVD player will not play them. I have made several hundred VCD's but the quality just isn't good enough for my taste. I do DVD's now but the blanks are still too expensive. I have run my SVCD thru Multiplex in Tmpegnc to create a VCD header that will "trick" my player to playing it. I have had success somewhat, but the video stops for several seconds then catches up to audio. it does it all thru the movie. It played perfectly with Win DVD on computer. I have 512 MB RAM and a 2.13 Ghz Athelon processor. I used Easy VCD to burn because it was the only one I found that would except SVCD with A VCD header.(Stomp RecordNow Max and Ulead Movie Factory are the two I have most success with in the past. ) Any ideas why the video stops and starts??

I have also tried making a bin/cue image and then burning it.

B_Racer  2003-04-08 09:07:25 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Bitrate is to high. Some Players are not able to Play VCDs (also faked ones) with higher Bitrates. So, the Headertrick is no choice for you, no chance.

nerys  Home )  2003-04-10 03:57:47 ( ID:axlweef8l8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you tell me how you did this header trick ? I want to do something similar.

I want to make ulead moviefactory THINK that my 33khz and 44khz mpeg1 files are 48khz mpeg1 files so I can burn them to DVD without the HOURS longer conversion that this usually requires.

Thanks
Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/

PS the e-mail address on this message is valid you can reply to it.

Question - USING WAV FILE BUT STILL HAVE NO SOUND? No.36148
bigjeffy  2003-04-08 02:35:53 ( ID:xvdsonvzwnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used DVD2AVI to produce a video file and a wav file from the movie inspector gadget 2. The audio file is a conversion from ac3 to WAV audio. When I play the file the sound works perfectly. But when I run TMPGenc to create a mpeg2 movie the audio disappears. I try to play the file and I get error message_unsupported audio source. Why does it work fine, then when it's run through TMPGEnc it doesn't have sound? I have read it must be a wav file and it is. I have tried everything, even using an older version of TMPG. I have made other movies, with no problem using the same settings. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, I AM LOSING MY MIND...I HAVE TRIED THIS 12 TIMES NOW...PLEASE, PLEASE HELP.
THANX, JEFFY

briggidybrizzad  2003-04-13 21:28:48 ( ID:n5deb1si8pl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem. For some of the newer movies, when I go to create a vcd using TPMGEnc, the audio drops out. This has been happening to many of the newer movies. HELP!

Question - SVCD to VCD header trick No.36146
gbagman37  2003-04-08 01:50:18 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to make SVCD's. My stand alone DVD player will not play them. I have made several hundred VCD's but the quality just isn't good enough for my taste. I do DVD's now but the blanks are still too expensive. I have run my SVCD thru Multiplex in Tmpegnc to create a VCD header that will "trick" my player to playing it. I have had success somewhat, but the video stops for several seconds then catches up to audio. it does it all thru the movie. It played perfectly with Win DVD on computer. I have 512 MB RAM and a 2.13 Ghz Athelon processor. I used Easy VCD to burn because it was the only one I found that would except SVCD with A VCD header.(Stomp RecordNow Max and Ulead Movie Factory are the two I have most success with in the past. ) Any ideas why the video stops and starts??

I have also tried making a bin/cue image and then burning it.

Minion  2003-04-08 21:07:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your Problem is that the Bitrate for SVCD is to high for your Player to handle..I have experienced the Exact same Effect on My Player when trying to find out the Max Bitrate my Player can handle, in My case It could handle up to 5000kbs but mine is Made to play SVCD"s were your"s isn"t..There is only one thing you can do to fix this and that is to get a New DVD Player that Plays SVCD"s...Or you can try useing a Lower Bitrate in your SVCD"s but then that would defeat the Purpose of Makeing SVCD"s, you can also Try makeing higher Bitrate VCD"s or XVCD"s..

Question - USING WAV FILE BUT STILL HAVE NO SOUND? No.36144
bigjeffy  2003-04-08 00:28:26 ( ID:xvdsonvzwnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used DVD2AVI to produce a video file and a wav file from the movie inspector gadget 2. The audio file is a conversion from ac3 to WAV audio. When I play the file the sound works perfectly. But when I run TMPGenc to create a mpeg2 movie the audio disappears. I try to play the file and I get error message_unsupported audio source. Why does it work fine, then when it's run through TMPGEnc it doesn't have sound? I have read it must be a wav file and it is. I have tried everything, even using an older version of TMPG. I have made other movies, with no problem using the same settings. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, I AM LOSING MY MIND...I HAVE TRIED THIS 12 TIMES NOW...PLEASE, PLEASE HELP.
THANX, JEFFY

Minion  2003-04-08 20:55:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"If all else Fails Use something else" Is My Moto, Just use a seperate Audio encoder to encode the audio then Mux the audio with the Video you allready have encoded..There are Quite a Few Good Quality Audio encoders, I use "Headac3he" to encode My Audio, It is a Very High Quality audio encoder and it is Freeware But it is Pretty Slow, there are Many others, a Couple Pages Back there is a Post By "Ashy" that has some links to MP2 Audio encoders..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.