TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 204 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Studio 7 or 8 (MJPEG) files could not be converted Bus Kees 9 2003-04-02 15:06:47
Question Specific time ripping Jribbe1 1 2003-03-31 22:28:18
Free talk "Write error occurred at address 77F536F7 of module..." Tan 0 2003-03-31 05:23:14
Question System Clock Reference settings for TMPGenc? Crazy Canuck 3 2003-03-31 17:57:09
Question Invalid pointer operation Himura 0 2003-03-31 00:18:09
Question Interlaced Identification Tools kukm66 4 2003-03-31 22:23:28
Question Interlaced Identification Tools kukm66 0 2003-03-30 22:35:04
Question Confused Big Gun 3 2003-04-01 05:41:24
Question Mp2 encoders Ashy 0 2003-03-30 18:31:41
Question AVI to MPG file cannot be created marble8696 5 2003-04-02 13:29:28
Question Downloaded Avi no audio? mrlucky0 1 2003-03-30 21:46:21
Question How do I ? nemisis 4 2003-03-31 00:42:42

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 204 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Studio 7 or 8 (MJPEG) files could not be converted No.35931
Bus Kees  2003-03-31 19:53:22 ( ID:q6srlg5vl/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition to threads already existing about this issue, the following:

I have made several MJPEG-Avi's in Studio 7. Since the MPEG encoder from Pinnacle is a bit "crappy" I'd like to try to make a DVD compliant MPEG-2 with TMPGenc. Doing so I get the anouncement: "cannot open or unsupported". The problem seems to be the Pinnacle MJPEG-codec. This has been installed with the captureboard "DC-10+". Not only TMPGenc gives this problem but, for example, Virtual Dub too. In my opinion, the codec cannot be found by the programs.

When I search for the codecs in Win XP,(Control panel-sounds & audio devices-hardware-videocodecs)I see several Pinnacle codecs, but not the MJPEG one. The MJPEG-capture board is mentioned one level up (hardware). Probably the codec is "hardware" MJPEG but WMPlayer can play the file flawlessly. I tried to convert the files in other formats first, but in my opinion with too much loss of quality for converting again to MPEG-2 (The source is analog too, you see??...)

I guess there must be a solution for this problem, but for a year or so, I read about this problem, but no one seems to know the solution.....

Who can provide THE solution without suggestions like: "convert first to....", the only good way is through the Pinnacle codec. Pinnacle doesn't give support on third party prg's.....

Minion  2003-03-31 22:40:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Problem seems that you need a Codec that will decode the Pinnacle Mjpeg format, I know your Capture Card does Hardware Mjpeg encodeing but the Must be a Way to use the card to capture to a Different Format...

Minion  2003-03-31 22:43:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: I know some Pinnacle Codecs are Propietary Formats which means that only Pinnacle Software can decode the format, They do this so you can"t use any third Party Software to decode/encode the Format to any other Format so you are forced to use Pinnacle Software to convert the format to any other format..

Ashy  2003-03-31 23:31:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Morgan M-JPEG codec is apparantly able to decode most proprietary MJPEG formats including pinnacle. http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/technicalsV3.htm

ASHY

Bus Kees  2003-04-01 20:23:46 ( ID:q6srlg5vl/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion and Ashy,

Both thanks for replying. Yes I captured with the DC10+ board in hardware MJPEG. What bothers me, is that for example WMPlayer plays the AVI file without any added codec. So there must be a way to let TMPGenc communicate with the MJPEG codec. With my previous capture/videocard (Matrox Marvel) AVI's were also made with a hardware MJPEG codec. TMPGenc has no problem with that one. Probably it is the path to the codec which is not correct. Other programs are also struggling with this matter, but some players don't have any problem with it (Windows Media Player, Power DVD etc).

I already downloaded the trial version of the Morgan codec Ashy, but no matter the settings, it gives a terrible quality (It did better with Matrox MJPEG-files) Since I want to make DVD compliant files with the AVI's this is not an option for me, but thanks anyway.

I hope some "video-crack" is reading this also and can provide me with a solution. There MUST be a way, I'm a believer....... I wish I could contact Hori-san to tell about the problem, I'm sure he can solve it.

Once solved I want to buy the "plus" version.. In any case, thanks for your "mindmelts".....

Another question: What kind of file do I create for burning to DVD?? "System" or "ES-Video & audio" ?? I tried "System, but Nero won't accept it....

Oh, and sorry about my poor English, I'm from Holland.....

Minion  2003-04-01 22:36:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When Makeing a DVD With Nero you can not Just load the Mpeg files into Nero ,You have to use an authoring Program first to Format the Mpeg files into a Video-TS Folder, then use Nero to Burn the Video-TS folder to Disk, But Most authoring Programs Will also Burn the Video-TS Folder to disk so there isn"t that Much need For Nero..Nero is Good if you are makeing a DVD Backup or if you are useing something like DVD2One to backup a DVD, so if you are Going to make a DVD out of a Mpeg file you have to get yourself a DVD Authoring program, Even if Nero could Format the Mpeg file to be burned to a DVD you wouldn"t want it to anyways Cuz nero doesn"t let you add Chapters or menu"s or Titles and that is what a authoring Program will do..DVD Authoring Programs come in all sorts of Qualities and Price Ranges, you can get a Pretty Basic one for under $100 US(convert it to your Currency) and some of the High Quality ones can cost in the Thousands...

Bus Kees  2003-04-02 12:58:44 ( ID:q6srlg5vl/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks for your info, this was what I needed. Probably I could have got the info elswhere too, but I couldn't find it, and I'm a lot wiser now. I'll try to figure out where to get such an authoring program, so I can make my home-made DVD's.

You've (Minion & Ashy) been very helpfull and now I'm trying to figure out the hardware MJPEG stuff. Otherwise I have to convert my files first into Indeo 5.10-Avi for the time-beýÏg and testing purposes.

Greetzz, Kees

Ashy  2003-04-02 13:11:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Yes I captured with the DC10+ board in hardware MJPEG. What bothers me, is that for example WMPlayer plays the AVI file without any added codec. So there must be a way to let TMPGenc communicate with the MJPEG codec

Not necessarily it all depends on the codec. TMPG and many other applications will not work with certain codecs just because mediaplayer does. This may be because they are locked from use by any other software or simply just can't be used as external filters by Directshow.

>I already downloaded the trial version of the Morgan codec Ashy, but no matter the settings, it gives a terrible quality (It did better with Matrox MJPEG-files) Since I want to make DVD compliant files with the AVI's this is not an option for me, but thanks anyway.

What do you mean terrible quality. I have seen no quality reduction when importing MJPEG files of my own. Have you tried the PICVIDEO codec which is supposed to give better quality and may be better for you.
http://www.pegasusimaging.com/picvideomjpeg.htm

>Another question: What kind of file do I create for burning to DVD?? "System" or "ES-Video & audio" ?? I tried "System, but Nero won't accept it....

This all depends on your intended output format. "ES-Video & audio" will create a seperate video and wav file which can be imported into any DVD program. 'System video+audio' will create a combined Video and mp2 audio file.

Either way you have to use DVD authoring software. Nero doesn't deal directly with these files.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-04-02 14:48:12 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you still think the codec should be detected by any software try downloading Graphedit and see if it is listed in the Directshow filters. If not you can't use it.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-04-02 15:06:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One other thought. Are you sure that mediaplayer is using this hardware codec. Mediaplayer comes with inbuilt support for MJPEG (albeit a bit slow)if DirectX 8/9 is installed. Any other compatible software should also be able to use this codec again check with Graphedit.

ASHY

Question - Specific time ripping No.35929
Jribbe1  2003-03-31 15:49:13 ( ID:hs7soc1kygo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont know if this has been asked before but i am going to ask it. Is it possible to rip just a specific time set out of a dvd using your software for exaple i only want to rip 00:02:44 - 00:04:43 minutes out of a dvd. If not will that feature ever be available. Thx for your time

Minion  2003-03-31 22:28:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can do this yourself..With SmartRipper you can rip individual chapters,Cells,Vob files, and if the Part you want isn"t a Chapter ect you can use DVD2AVI to make a D2V file for just the part you want to encode...But that particular feature will Never be available in Tmpgenc Cuz Tmpgenc does not Rip DVD"s...

Free talk - "Write error occurred at address 77F536F7 of module..." No.35928
Tan  2003-03-31 05:23:14 ( ID:mnynxcojmyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay everyone, I guess I fixed my own problem. I had problems just encoding my avi's to mpg, with this write error popping everytime. Well to help those who may have this problem, all u need to do is install nimo. Now it allowed me to change Enough to mpg, meanwhile my 8 miles was green and very choppy. Now I have just uninstalled Nimo and it lets me change it to Mpg. If this doesnt help anybody, Im sorry it did for me and good luck to you.

Question - System Clock Reference settings for TMPGenc? No.35924
Crazy Canuck  2003-03-31 00:45:18 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey there, anyone??

I have pretty much mastered the process of burning video disks that play on y brand new panasonic dvd/vcr combo. But i have been trying to gt the whole movie on one disk with a template i found using the unlock feature and making y9our own wizard file. By adjusting the bitrate settings you can decrease the file size to fit, but i suggest not going down past 800 bps. Mt problem is that i have Easy cd creator 5 platinum with updates, and the ONLY PROBLEM before burning is my system clock reference is off. Does anybody know of a setting in TMPGenc that has a way to fix the system clock reference? Or should i just say piss on making one disk movies and split them in 2?

I WANT 1 DISK VIDEO DISKS, and I HAVE SEEN THEM BEFORE made by other people.
Should I just get Nero Instead?

HELP!!!!

Crazy Canuck  2003-03-31 00:59:19 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I searched past posts and found that i might need to use simple multiplex to fix the prob, but if not i will get either vcd easy or nero, i just like easy cd creator, the darn thing does everything, and it isnt the programs fault it likes to stick to standards. Other disks i have burned with it play FLAWLESSLY

Minion  2003-03-31 02:01:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Call it "Easy CD Creamator" in CD/VCD burning circles cuz it is such a Piece of Crap like Most if not ALL Roxio Software, But if it works for you More power to you, But I don"t know how you can stand watching a VCD with Such a Low bitrate But I guess to each his own..Cheers

Ashy  2003-03-31 17:57:09 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do yourself a big favor and dump that crap from Roxio. This program is for complete amatuers and isn't intended for anything else. As for sticking to standards well if you want to use it then you will have to stick to standards.

As for the clock reference error this is usually because you have not added the correct VCD header to your MPEG file. Running this file through the simple multiplexer using the 'MPEG1 VCD' setting should fix it, but if not go get NERO which is by far the best burning program there is and should solve your problem.

ASHY

Question - Invalid pointer operation No.35923
Himura  2003-03-31 00:18:09 ( ID:xbt/23p//5m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I edit the source range and click ok it gives me an error saying "Invalid Pointer Operation", and SOMETIMES it wont let me encode anything. Any help?

Question - Interlaced Identification Tools No.35918
kukm66  2003-03-30 22:59:26 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a tool to positively identify whether a file has been encoded
as interlaced or progressive? I generally use GSpot to identify the rest of
the items but cannot find anything on the above.

Ashy  2003-03-31 00:38:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What sort of file AVI or MPEG?

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-31 02:04:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally you should be able to tell by Just watching it with something like Media Player, Media Player doesn"t de-interlace interlaced content so you should notice a horrible combing effect when something moves....

kukm66  2003-03-31 03:01:11 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally I am referencing an .avi file to encode in TMPGEnc.

Minion  2003-03-31 22:23:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc will analize the File when you load your file into it and set it to Interlaced or progressive and if it is interlaced it will set the correct field order, But it will only do this if you use the Wizard....

Question - Interlaced Identification Tools No.35917
kukm66  2003-03-30 22:35:04 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a tool to positively identify whether a file has been encoded
as interlaced or progressive? I generally use GSpot to identify the rest of
the items but cannot find anything on the above.

Question - Confused No.35913
Big Gun  2003-03-30 18:44:12 ( ID:eygpq9epb/k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Everyone... I am really confused on the correct process for fileserving thru encoding a SVCD. I am using the following programs:

SmartRipper
DVD2AVI
FitCD (Bitrate Calculator)
TMPGEnc Plus (Registered)

When using DVD2AVI and the Preview says: Frame Rate is 29.97, Video Type is FILM, Frame Type is Progressive. Should I use the "Force Film" option? Or when I encode should I use "Inverse Telecine" instead? Is the video NTSC cause the framerate= 29.97 or would the video be FILM cause the "Video Type" = FILM?

Ok... What if in DVD2AVI the preview says everything from above but it reports the Video Type as FILM 95% should I still use the "Forced Film" Option? Or again... should I leave this option disabled and use "Inverse Telecine" instead? I have noticed that when I leave the "Forced Film" option disabled and then fileserv the files when I get to the encoding stage and use the "Inverse Telecine" that sometimes you can still see some horizontal lines where the original "Telecine" lines were. I have read 4 articles on the web but none of them really explain when to use "Forced Film" and most of the articles only explain the PAL system. Is there a step by step article that can explain the proper way to Fileserv and Encode these types of NTSC, FILM, and FILM95%?

That brings me to another question... If I don't use the "Forced Film" option above when I choose my encoding settings for SVCD should I choose "NTSC", "NTSC FILM"? If I choose "NTSC" then the wizard asks me if the movie is "Video", "Film", or "Video and Film" So is it Film? Is it really Video? Or is it combined. LOL

I'm sure I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. All I want to do is make a High Quality SVCD Backup!

P.S. Ashy or Minion... If you guys have a detailed step by step txt file that I can download from you guys that would be GREAT!

Sincerely,

chris.

Minion  2003-03-30 22:05:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD2AVI should not be displaying the File as Progressive Unless the "Forced Film" is selected,Because at 29.97fps it is Interlaced and at 23.97fps it is Progressive..What Many Poeple Do is if DVD2AVI says it is Film then Use the "Forced Film" option and encode it as a 23.97fps NTSC Film File and After encodeing use a little Program called "Pulldown.exe" which will convert the file to 29.97fps Interlaced..This works Fine For most poeple but with Me for some reason any Interlaced Movie I do allways ends up with a really bad Combing effect when Played on my TV so I am forced to Encode at 29.97fps and Use a High Quality Deinterlace filter to remove the interlace artifacts, I usually use the Telecide command for the Decomb.dll filter for AVISynth , it seems to only remove the Combing artifacts without affecting the picture Quality..But I"m sure Pulldown.exe should work fine for anyone else...

Ashy  2003-03-31 18:11:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

look here:

http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/dvd2avi.html

ASHY

Big Gun  2003-04-01 05:41:24 ( ID:eygpq9epb/k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Guys for your Follow Up!
I think I finally have a hand on fileserving and encoding now. ;)

Thanks again guys!

chris.

Question - Mp2 encoders No.35912
Ashy  2003-03-30 18:31:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trawling the net recently looking for alternative mp2 encoder so I decided to share some of the better ones which I have found.

MPEGDJencoder - (shareware) Extremely fast encoder with good quality (the one I use at the moment).
http://home.t-online.de/home/sahin.tepe/mpegdjencoder.exe

MPEG Encoder - (Free) High quality mp2 encoder using the Fraunhofer codec. Only encodes the sample rate to the same as the original. Not a problem if you use something like DVD2AVI to create your WAVs from VOBs.
http://ftp.yars.free.net/pub/software/multimedia/mp3/encoders/mpegenc_v007a.zip

Awave Audio - (Shareware 30 days) High quality encoder which can encode to and from most formats including mp2.
http://www.fmjsoft.com/awaveaudio.html

Qdesign mp2 codec - (Included in Tsunami filter pack, full version) Very High quality fast mp2 encoder which can be used with any suitable windows encoding application. TMPG can be used to encode wavs to Mp2 with this codec or use this application.
http://www.geocities.com/f_pixel/exemples/acmao11.zip

MPEG Suite 2001 - (Free) Very fast good quality Mp2/Mp3 encoder. Sample rate is encoded to the same as the original.
http://ec2000.xperiment.net/bluecom.php?filename=MPEGSuite

Complete Audio Converter Pro 2.0 - (10 day Trial) Good quality, reasonable speed.
http://www.audioi.com/

The best one out of the bunch as far as speed vs quality is MPEGDJ encoder. For quality it is either MPEG encoder or Qdesign which is faster.

ASHY

Question - AVI to MPG file cannot be created No.35906
marble8696  2003-03-30 18:05:30 ( ID:za09pt0cr9n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm attempting to encode a .AVI file to .MPG, but when I push "start" an error comes up that says the mpg file cannot be created.

I tried bumping up the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader, but it still says the same thing.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Bus Kees  2003-03-30 22:32:57 ( ID:q6srlg5vl/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. Are you using a file created by Pinnacle Studio Software using the MJPEG codec of the DC10+ videoboard?? Since that is the problem no one can give any solution. I hope mr. Hori is reading this and provide us with a solution !!!!

marble8696  2003-03-30 23:10:06 ( ID:za09pt0cr9n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,

I actually just downloaded a .AVI from kazaa, so I'm not sure about the MJPEG thing. But yes hopefully someone can help us.

KennJ  2003-03-31 15:51:42 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You most likely have an AVI 1 format and need to convert to 2. or just the oposite.there is a way to convert these files but I use Media Studio Pro to do so and am not sure of what you might use in the way of freeware or shareware.

FLASH  2003-04-02 01:29:11 ( ID:buhbec8ialo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem with TMPGE until I bought a CD-R/RW that included Nero Software that has the necessary software/codecs required to convert to MPEG1 FORMAT. Haven't had a problem since. FYI- The Nero software is Nero 5.5.8.13
good luck!

Ashy  2003-04-02 13:29:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I had the same problem with TMPGE until I bought a CD-R/RW that included Nero Software that has the necessary software/codecs required to convert to MPEG1 FORMAT. Haven't had a problem since. FYI- The Nero software is Nero 5.5.8.13

LOL... you do realise that the VCD files you are creating are using NERO's internal encoder and produces absolutely awful quality VCD movies.
TMPG is the best and highest quality MPEG1 encoder there is and NERO doesn't even come close. NERO is a good burning program but forget it for encoding to VCD.
Do yourself a favor learn how to use TMPG and stop using NERO to encode crap VCD movies.

>I'm attempting to encode a .AVI file to .MPG, but when I push "start" an error comes up that says the mpg file cannot be created

As for this error, this is usually because you are trying to write to a drive which doesn't have enough space or your drive which is set as the Temp drive in TMPG doesn't have enough space.
DO NOT try and encode the AVI directly from a CDR. Copy it to your hardrive first then encode.
Also make sure the output name is not the same as the input. For example an input with a name such as C:moviesfile1.mpg and an output of C:moviesfile1.mpg will cause this error.

If you can see the movie in the preview, File>Preview then it must be a problem with your output settings and not a decoding problem as suggested above.

ASHY

Question - Downloaded Avi no audio? No.35904
mrlucky0  2003-03-30 17:26:14 ( ID:ifbqmrlsyig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently downloaded many .avi's but none of them had audio while few others (from the same series) did. I tried to play with divx decoder and windows media but with no audio still. These no audio avi's are the same size as the ones that do have audio so I'm sure its not the file. What may be wrong?

Minion  2003-03-30 21:46:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you need to install an AC3 Filter....

Question - How do I ? No.35899
nemisis  2003-03-30 17:07:35 ( ID:faqj9dnyd/j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I make the audio go at the same speed as the video because sometimes the lips move but theres no sound or theres talking but there is a fight scene on.

CAN ANY 1 HELP?

Ashy  2003-03-30 17:09:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

www.DVDrhelp.com

ASHY

nemisis  2003-03-30 18:46:01 ( ID:faqj9dnyd/j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY were do I go on this site

Minion  2003-03-30 21:45:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like you have A bad Sync problem, Look for a Tutorial on Fixing Sync Problems, there are Quaite a few steps involved and many different methods for fixing sync problems depending on what type of sync problem it is, so it would take a Lot of in depth explaining to tell you how to fix it here, But I"m sure there is information on DVDrHelp.com that should help you...

Ashy  2003-03-31 00:42:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.