TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 214 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question no video just sound john_smuda_2000 12 2003-03-19 07:44:35
Question Avi Synth yamyam 5 2003-03-18 01:26:27
Question Sound anomalies after joining Amanoj4ku 2 2003-03-15 13:05:23
Question use as plugin rsp 1 2003-03-15 10:15:49
Question Trouble with .asf files Kap 2 2003-03-16 05:20:16
Question help me plz... pointer error stuff Twirlz 4 2003-03-15 20:25:43
Question files freezing jc 3 2003-03-15 00:33:09
Question error can't load p3package.dll Geri Roth 1 2003-03-14 21:37:34
Question xvid,divx converting teerak2uk 0 2003-03-14 19:03:02
Question Encoding stops after 10 seconds Mus 0 2003-03-14 15:15:07
Question Files size WadeSansing 1 2003-03-14 21:33:55
Question nt.dll error bryan 3 2003-03-25 20:30:03

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 214 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - no video just sound No.35538
john_smuda_2000  2003-03-15 19:22:48 ( ID:dq.oldncazf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just tried this and the end result and also before encoding if I choose preview the picture is totally black. I am trying to convert an .avi to .mpg
I have an AMD 1800+ with an nvidia ti 4200. the avi plays fine is all my other video players. Any idea or help? Thanks in advance if you can help.

john_smuda_2000  2003-03-15 19:25:16 ( ID:dq.oldncazf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what i meant was any .avi video viewed or converted by me has no picture. (with this program).

red  2003-03-16 18:25:41 ( ID:jpecy53prkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having the EXACT same problem...

vicky  2003-03-17 14:23:43 ( ID:kgo2.ny7ks6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my problems similar exept i have video but no sound

Rui Elias  2003-03-17 21:36:16 ( ID:vugz2c68h5h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i´m loocking for the same answer!

minion  2003-03-18 01:30:24 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this..Go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show Multi-Media File Reader" to "2"..This should get the Video back..As for not haveing any Audio you have to extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file with something like "Virtual Dub" or "Avi-Mux" then use the wav file as the audio source...

Messa  2003-03-18 10:34:30 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try using this program on the original file, it will tell you what codecs u need for it and if they are installed or not..

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

another similar utility is MvType, i forget where i got that from but it is on my personal web space here....

www.host.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mvType.exe

Messa

TheJ0ker  2003-03-18 19:16:50 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suppose... Not wanting to be stooopid... But can u playback the AVI file.. Just worth checking... :-)

Because you never said...

skroe  2003-03-18 20:34:07 ( ID:bfepdgpwqsk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the exact same issue, no movie just sound. Avi plays fine in WMP

skroe  2003-03-18 20:43:26 ( ID:bfepdgpwqsk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to change Direct Show Multi-Media File Reader to 2, TMPGenc crashes. I'm using version 2.510.49.157.

Any other ideas????

minion  2003-03-19 00:01:44 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if You have all the Correct Codecs installed then it could be that there is something wrong with the AVI file, if you downloaded it off of the net then it could be corrupted(Yes Corrupted Files can play fine), you Might try Fixing it with Virtual Dub, and Use the Scan for errors Function then try Masking the errors and re-deriveing the Key Frames and then Makeing a copy of the file, or you can even try Frameserveing the File from Virtual Dub to Tmpgenc ,Sometimes that works also..But if all else fails you can allways use a Different Encoder, there are a few good ones out there that will do a Very good Job also..

skroe  2003-03-19 05:17:42 ( ID:fkohk9gqtcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a recent issue. The same movies that converted fine no more than a few weeks ago now have no picture. Are you aware of any issues with Window Media Player 9 or other software that may cause problems? Any reported problems with nvida cards?

I would use a different encoder, but TMPGenc is the best.
Any recommendation on other good encoders?

skroe  2003-03-19 07:44:35 ( ID:q/czvvtpl6j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FYI:By unistalling the "Video Server Wrapper Codec" from my machine, I was able to resolve this problem. I'm not sure what program uses this codec, but it seems to have fixed the problems with TMPGenc.

Question - Avi Synth No.35532
yamyam  2003-03-15 17:42:53 ( ID:v7ftpjfzipj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been having trouble frameserving from avisynth lately everytime i try to open a script in tmpgenc it just tells me that the "direct show source filter graph manager wont talk to me", theres nothing wrong with my script (i only put the first line in to open the file. I have increased the priority of the avi readers in vfapi to 2.

Any Ideas ?

minion  2003-03-15 19:08:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try Dis-Ableing the "Direct Show file Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins"....

Ashy  2003-03-15 20:23:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will the script play in Mediaplayer?

ASHY

yamyam  2003-03-16 22:13:48 ( ID:v7ftpjfzipj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I havnt tried the script in mediaplayer, but from what i have read avisynth has trouble with some mpeg2 files (had the same trouble with CCE as well). If i frameserve from virtualdub (mpeg2 version) to avisynth (because CCE doesnt support virtualdub frameserve files) then to CCE it opens without any bother. Ive read that avisynth is better at filtering files than tmpg (resize etc), What is your opinion ?

Ashy  2003-03-17 18:18:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hang on, exactly what a are you trying to do here?
You are opening MPEG2 files with AVIsynth and then frame serving to TMPG?

Firstly directshow is slow and unreliable at opening MPEG2 files with AVisynth.
This is not the way to open MPEG2 files with AVIsynth anyway.
You should use DVD2AVI to create a d2v project file and open that with AVIsynth.
This is more reliable and faster.

Secondly CCE will open Virtualdub frame server and AVS files no problem as of version 2.66.

Thirdly, all AVIsynth files will play in mediaplayer just like a normal media file. So try it. If you recieve an error then there is either a problem with your script or you do not have the correct plugins loaded in your script or installed.

Lastly why bother with all this messing about. If all you are attempting to do is re-encode an MPEG2 file to some other bitrate/resolution/format then TMPG will do the job admirably.

AVIsynth is a great tool, but unless you really need to use it, because TMPG can't do what you want, then don't bother and save yourself some time and hassle.

ASHY

minion  2003-03-18 01:26:27 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And any CCE version that Supports AVISynth Files also Supports Virtual Dub "VDR" Files..Versions 2.50 ,2.64.01.10 and all the 2.66 and 2.67 versions, the Newer versions Seem to be the best versions ,For me anyways accept that the new versions do not support saveing ECL files But there is a Little Tool Called ECL-CCE that adds the ECL function Back to CCE and the newest version of CCE has some New Encodeing modes like: "Multipass CBR" and "One-Pass Multi-Pass" were it just makes the VAF File to be used among other things to Set the Bitrate for every Frame or scene if you wanted to and to edit the 3:2 Plulldown list if you wish.and the new version has a Different Encodeing engine which give superior Quality compared to previous versions.and they removed that Pesky Field order setting so it now analizes the file and sets it to the correct field order Internally.So all in all a Quite Improved New version, Now all they need is a Resize filter and a good Noise filter and deinterlace filter and it would awesome....anyways you should check it out if you haven"t allready, you can download the demo from the CinemaCraft web site...

Question - Sound anomalies after joining No.35529
Amanoj4ku  2003-03-15 09:16:53 ( ID:/tiftjhncnh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly I'd like to thank Minion for helping me out with my first newbie question I appreciated that alot :D My second question comes after joining a file back together. The original files were .mpg and i joined them as mpg-1, however, when playing back the new completed file everytime the video reaches the point between the two files that I have joined an annoying bleep can be heard...any way to clear this up? Thank you in advance.

minion  2003-03-15 10:20:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Happens when joining 2 files that were joined Part way through a Gop which gives that annoying sound..What you can do is when joining use the "Edit" function to cut a Few frames off of the end of the first file and a few frames off of the beginning of the second file..But it would be a Good idea to get a Real Mpeg editor/Joiner like "Womble Mpeg2VCR" it doesn"t have the bugs that the Mpeg tools Have....

Ashy  2003-03-15 13:05:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually just moving the join a few frames on either the end of the first MPEG or the beginning of the second MPEG using the edit button is enough.

Before doing that try joining again but make sure that you click the correct button before joining. This is supposed to prevent this error, but not always works.

If neither of the above work then there is another method which may.
Demultiplex the Audio and Video parts from you MPEGs then join the video first then the audio. After that remultiplex them back together.

ASHY

Question - use as plugin No.35527
rsp  2003-03-15 07:59:49 ( ID:wxrhgxlnmio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is it possible to use tempgenc as a plugin in premiere,export directly from timeline

minion  2003-03-15 10:15:49 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can export From the Premier Timeline to Tmpgenc But not useing Tmpgenc as a Plugin ,You would need the "Premier Video Server Plugin" to Frameserve from Premier to tmpgenc..You can download it at "http://www.videotools.net/" But I do not think it is free...There are Quite a Few Mpeg encoder Plugins for Premier that Produce Pretty Good Quality..The New Premier 6.5 has a Fairly good encoder Built in to it which can be updated to a Much better encoder made by "MainConcept"...But there are Better Encoder Plugins than MainConcept like CCE and ProCoder...

Question - Trouble with .asf files No.35524
Kap  2003-03-15 04:53:02 ( ID:zle8px7szmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I try to convert .asf files to an mpeg, I get a message that says "tmpgenc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". Is tmpgenc compatible with .asf? I'm sorry but, I'm new to video editing. Is there any way I can fix the problem? I'm runnin' WinXP Home with P4 2.4ghz and 256mb of ram.

minion  2003-03-15 10:10:13 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc is Compatible with ASF files But It sometimes has Problems with them cuz ASF/WMV files are Very prone to errors cuz of the extremely high compression, and these errors in the File can cause Tmpgenc to error out or Crash..There are a Couple things you can try, First just try raiseing the Direct show File reader by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show Multi-Media File Reader" to "2", then see if it helps, But if it doesn"t then you can try fixing any errors in the ASF/WMV File by downloading a Program called "ASF-Fix"(Look for it on Google) and use asf-fix to repair the asf file and see if that helps..Make sure you have all the latest Windows Media Codecs installed also..And there is a Possibility that the File can not be encoded, Well at least not with tmpgenc...Good Luck...

Kap  2003-03-16 05:20:16 ( ID:zle8px7szmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, minion. I changed that option to 2 and it didn't work. I'm going to search for the ASF-Fix right now. Thanks again for replying. It's much appreciated.

Question - help me plz... pointer error stuff No.35519
Twirlz  Home )  2003-03-15 02:58:19 ( ID:50vppmkpsaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've not really new to avi to mpg encodeing but im to the end of my rope trying to fix this problem. this just happen yesterday. i started to encode some files and i walk away to come back 15 mins later to find that my files are either not supported or i have this pointer error operation... wtf is this i have never seen this before. then after that i went and tryied to watch my avi on windows media player to find that there is an error there that will not let me watch my movie!!! i have tried different media players such as winamp, and it worked fine. can someone plz help me.

Thanks in advanced

minion  2003-03-15 04:45:04 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version of Media Player do you have??? If it is WMP9 then that could be the Problem cuz Media Player 9 and Tmpgenc seem to be incompatible with each other..If you don"t have WMP9 then Maybe your Files are Corrupted??? Have you maybe tried to Frameserve the Files to Tmpgenc??? This works Sometimes with files that error out in Tmpgenc....

twirlz  2003-03-15 16:43:48 ( ID:50vppmkpsaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes i have WMP9 but i have been using it for awhile now with tmpgenc and its worked fine. and what do you mean by frameserve? is it a program or is it something within tmpgenc?

minion  2003-03-15 19:15:04 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Frameserving is Very important to learn if you are into any Sort of Video Production, And it sure makes things a Lot easier at times, read about it here: http://www.lukesvideo.com/frameserving.html ...It is Quite well Known that there is a Problem with Media Player 9 and Tmpgenc, and the Problem seems to have just cought up with you, I would sugest doing a system restore to before you installed it, I"m sure it will solve your Problem...

Ashy  2003-03-15 20:25:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The dreaded Mediaplayer 9 strikes again. This is likely your problem so roll back your system or re-install the earlier version.

ASHY

Question - files freezing No.35515
jc  2003-03-14 20:30:45 ( ID:ialeverdmdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when converting certain fies Particularly xvid the conversion freezes at certain poins of the file but the sound continues. it happens at the same point every time

minion  2003-03-14 21:40:37 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it happens at the same point every time then that is because there is an error or corrupted Frame at that point of the Source File..You can try encodeing a New File a Few frames after were you get the error then Join the 2 files together with the "Merge & Cut"..You might try the FFDShow Filter and see if it can decode the XviD file and skip the error, But I doubt it...

jc  2003-03-14 22:45:38 ( ID:muubaf/idxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if i mak 2 files i lose the sound on file2

minion  2003-03-15 00:33:09 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well then the File could be totally corrupted and there isn"t much you can do about it if it is.. you can Try Frameserveing the File to Tmpgenc, that sometimes Helps skip over certain Errors...sory but there isn"t much I can tell you...

Question - error can't load p3package.dll No.35513
Geri Roth  2003-03-14 19:55:41 ( ID:s2vn1gg6zpg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> working with Windows xp. Every time I try to read avi-files (coming from Adobe Premiere 6.2) I get the error message: can't open P3Package.dll

minion  2003-03-14 21:37:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The P3P Package.dll error is From not haveing all of the Tmpgenc files in the same Folder...All the Files that come with Tmpgenc have to be extracted to the same folder and not sitting on your desktop ....

Question - xvid,divx converting No.35512
teerak2uk  2003-03-14 19:03:02 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all i seem to have a problem when trying to convert the
above i start tmpg select dvd pal so ican create one file
then set it to encode so i can use dvd movie factory to create my movie
on dvd-r and it always gets to 97% then says streaming error

any ideas guys

Question - Encoding stops after 10 seconds No.35511
Mus  2003-03-14 15:15:07 ( ID:ysjs2tdynwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. When I try to encode a DivX film, the program stops after 10 seconds. Every time. I've got a powerfull PC with lots of ram and space. Who can help me. Thanks a lot

Question - Files size No.35509
WadeSansing  2003-03-14 13:45:30 ( ID:mf7wjmlomca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a video capture card and use it kind of like a PVR. I want to convert the shows (captured at VCD quality) to a smaller size mpeg to watch on my Pocket PC. I have been playing around with the settings trying to find a good comprimise between quality and file size. I noticed that no matter what changes I made the 1 minute 16 second long test file keeps coming up as 12.8meg. I have changed height and width, frame rate, rate control mode and settings for it, and the audio settings. None of them made any differece. I went from 32x16, 12fps, 2pass vbr, with 32kHz joint stereo 64k bitrate audio, all the way up to 320x240, 29.97fps, autovbr, with 41kHz stereo 96k bitrate audio. Both were exactly 12.8 meg in file size. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong here?

minion  2003-03-14 21:33:55 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You allready Asked this Question and It was allready answered correctly....

Question - nt.dll error No.35505
bryan  2003-03-14 10:41:45 ( ID:w7avoiupvaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all.

I have been using TMPGEnc now for some time on a very old AMD K6-2 400, with no problem at all.
I have recently been given a new laptop at work, p4 1.7 running xp, and now I cannot use tmpgenc, it either fails straight away with a write error to ntdll.dll, or it estimates the file size to be about twice the size it should be.
Help please.

Bryan

reggenti  2003-03-16 19:17:59 ( ID:bihaeclnqaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem, but i have not changed pc-hardware. I have used tmpgenc for long time and very well, but about one month ago when I try to use the "write error at module ntdll.dll" stops my work. I need for an help please !!!!

martys  2003-03-16 19:35:08 ( ID:on.c1eppcto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Downloaded newest vesion today. Big mistake! NTDLL.dll error just like everyone else. Is there a fix, or is TMPG a goner?

MartyS

2minutes  2003-03-25 20:30:03 ( ID:03zs7wcxagj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same prob. Heres the message I get: "Write error occurred at address 77F51D24 of module 'ntdll.dll' with 00000000"........Has anyone got a clue as to whats wrong, or how to get around it? Thanx m8's.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.