TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 206 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question New .m2v plugin now comes with MPEG cutter. Ashy 1 2003-03-29 01:35:56
Question Color issue with TMPGenc Tina 1 2003-03-28 20:34:33
Question DVD-R Media AdonisXX 15 2003-03-29 12:41:45
Question Color issue with TMPGenc Tina 1 2003-03-28 17:50:32
Question Re Question No. 17586 Playing DEivx on Pocket TV Newbie Again! 1 2003-03-28 17:29:45
Question DivX to Pocket TV Newbie! 0 2003-03-28 16:57:58
Question Two questions: Crashing and "insert disc into..." John 6 2003-04-04 00:24:47
Question mystery error dg 2 2003-03-28 17:53:15
Question Hitting frame limit? mike 1 2003-03-28 05:24:23
Question I can't load D2V files Rory 1 2003-03-28 05:20:17
Question kernel32.dll problem superweasel 0 2003-03-28 02:38:22
Request Steven Stevef11374 2 2003-03-28 17:36:35

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 206 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - New .m2v plugin now comes with MPEG cutter. No.35857
Ashy  2003-03-28 22:53:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This new version of the MPEG2 .m2v plugin for TMPG now comes with an MPEG splitter which seems to work quite well. http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-29 01:35:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

English version:
http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box?systran_lp=ja_en&systran_id=SystranSoft-en&systran_url=http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/&systran_f=1048901668

ASHY

Question - Color issue with TMPGenc No.35855
Tina  2003-03-28 17:58:20 ( ID:b3opj2lfzdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi movie, 2hrs in length, divx 5.0 codec, bitrate 1315, 25FPS.

It plays perfectly on my PC (i use Divx player and/or Windows Media Player).

However, when I open it in TMPGEnc and use the project wizard to convert it to SVCD, the following problem is seen: In the "Source Range" page (where I set the beginning and end points) there is color distortion throughout the movie. Bright green color will bleed onto the screen from the right edge, getting worse for about 5 seconds, then disappear and the picture will be normal. A minute or so later the same thing will occur again, and again, etc, throughout the whole film. I went ahead and encoded it to SVCD anyways, burned it, but the problem was still there when I watched it on a DVD player.

This is the only problem with the movie, and oddly it doesn't have this problem when being played back on the computer directly from the original avi file in divx player or windows media player. Only TMPGEnc has this color distortion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Minion  2003-03-28 20:34:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it sounds simular to the angel potion Codec Problem...Check your Computer for the "Angel Potion Codec" if you find it Delete it cuz it is Known to cause Color distortions in encoded files....

Question - DVD-R Media No.35839
AdonisXX  2003-03-28 17:54:28 ( ID:9ggkw6idxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Guys! Do anyone know of a site to purchase DVD-R media (good quality) cheap in bulk?

Ashy  2003-03-28 18:35:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where?! The world is a big place!

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-28 20:32:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try EBay....I"ve seen them for $50 for 100...

wcpaul  2003-03-28 21:03:37 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

meritline.com has samplers of their bulk brands so you can try before buying in bulk. Their "DVD Pro" discs play in an old and fussy DVD player I have. A lot of expensive brands fail in that player.

I'm glad I don't have a 2x or 4x burner. That would create some tough decisions until those disc prices come down.

Ashy  2003-03-28 23:53:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK. Seeing as everbody assumes that the only people that use this BBS are in the U.S. I'm going to post some UK sites!

http://www.cdr-by-mail.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-29 00:22:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well thats why I said EBay Cuz it is World wide and can get things shipped world wide if needed.I don"t live in the US either....

Ashy  2003-03-29 01:28:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes but it is next door. It just annoys me that people in the US think it is the only country in the world without considering anybody else. There IS another half to the world which contains Europe, Asia and Africa and guess what they don't all use dollars.

Which is why I asked for the location in my previous post, cuz i know I'd rather buy local than pay and wait for shipping.

ASHY

AdonisXX  2003-03-29 04:15:26 ( ID:9ggkw6idxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Where?! The world is a big place!
>
>ASHY
------------------------------------
hummm what do you mean Ashy?

AdonisXX  2003-03-29 04:17:53 ( ID:9ggkw6idxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Try EBay....I"ve seen them for $50 for 100...
-----------------------------------------------
thanks Minion!

AdonisXX  2003-03-29 04:21:53 ( ID:9ggkw6idxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks alot, i'll try that site!
--------------------------------------------
>meritline.com has samplers of their bulk brands so you can try before buying in bulk. Their "DVD Pro" discs play in an old and fussy DVD player I have. A lot of expensive brands fail in that player.
>
>I'm glad I don't have a 2x or 4x burner. That would create some tough decisions until those disc prices come down.

AdonisXX  2003-03-29 04:25:48 ( ID:9ggkw6idxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

O your In the UK Ashy? Thanks for the sites Ashy, i also have to reply back to you on that other matter. Thanks for all your reply backs with very helpful information- Guys lets give a standing O for Ashy!!!

>OK. Seeing as everbody assumes that the only people that use this BBS are in the U.S. I'm going to post some UK sites!
>
>http://www.cdr-by-mail.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
>http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk
>
>ASHY

AdonisXX  2003-03-29 04:32:59 ( ID:9ggkw6idxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

o, ok kool i live in texas
------------------------------------
>Yes but it is next door. It just annoys me that people in the US think it is the only country in the world without considering anybody else. There IS another half to the world which contains Europe, Asia and Africa and guess what they don't all use dollars.
>
>Which is why I asked for the location in my previous post, cuz i know I'd rather buy local than pay and wait for shipping.
>
>ASHY

AdonisXX  2003-03-29 04:44:54 ( ID:9ggkw6idxdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

o, ok Ash, i read this again the first time i was reading it to fast i get you now. It's that with the internet you can be from just about anywhere and order from other countries, so i wasnt assuming anything.

>Where?! The world is a big place!
>
>ASHY

Minion  2003-03-29 06:01:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here in Canada we Feel more isoated than Most first world countrys, most poeple seem to think Canada is a Frozen waste land were we live in Iglos and and live with eskimos or they think we are Just another state in the USA like alaska.We Like many countrys pride our selves on the Fact that were are Very different than our american neighbours and have a very Distinct identity much like Our brothers in the UK, as we are part of the British comonwealth..But there are other countrys use the Dollar as there currency like Austrailia and Canada, like Many country"s use the Peso and Now the Euro is used by Many countrys...But enough of this...Cheers

Ashy  2003-03-29 12:33:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My point was that the internet reaches people from all over the world and it is easy to forget that.
My comments are not meant to offend anyone. I know you can buy from anywhere on the net, buy I'm sure most people would rather buy local if they could, I know I would.

I know the states is a big place, but it isn't the only place in the world that uses this board and assuming that it is, to be frank, is rather ignorant and arrogant.
Whenever I make replies I always try to consider where the poster is from so as to give better advice. For instance it's no good telling a newbie to encode a movie at 29.97 fps if they live in Europe is it?

I just wish people would just realise we all have different needs here and more accurate info from both the posters and the people who reply would make things so much easier.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-29 12:41:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>O your In the UK Ashy? Thanks for the sites Ashy, i also have to reply back to you on that other matter. Thanks for all your reply backs with very helpful information- Guys lets give a standing O for Ashy!!!

Refresh my memory. Which matter?

ASHY

Question - Color issue with TMPGenc No.35837
Tina  2003-03-28 17:45:49 ( ID:b3opj2lfzdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi movie, 2hrs in length, divx 5.0 codec, bitrate 1315, 25FPS.

It plays perfectly on my PC (i use Divx player and/or Windows Media Player).

However, when I open it in TMPGEnc and use the project wizard to convert it to SVCD, the following problem is seen: In the "Source Range" page (where I set the beginning and end points) there is color distortion throughout the movie. Bright green color will bleed onto the screen from the right edge, getting worse for about 5 seconds, then disappear and the picture will be normal. A minute or so later the same thing will occur again, and again, etc, throughout the whole film. I went ahead and encoded it to SVCD anyways, burned it, but the problem was still there when I watched it on a DVD player.

This is the only problem with the movie, and oddly it doesn't have this problem when being played back on the computer directly from the original avi file in divx player or windows media player. Only TMPGEnc has this color distortion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ashy  2003-03-28 17:50:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raise the priority of the 'Directshow reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins, If that doesn't cure it download and install FFDSHOW.

ASHY

Question - Re Question No. 17586 Playing DEivx on Pocket TV No.35835
Newbie Again!  2003-03-28 17:02:02 ( ID:3boixvdutbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK - i should have searched first, but have now. Re Qu. No 17586, what software compatible with Pocket PC will play Divx files?

Ashy  2003-03-28 17:29:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know it only plays MPEG files.

ASHY

Question - DivX to Pocket TV No.35834
Newbie!  2003-03-28 16:57:58 ( ID:3boixvdutbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Experts,
Newbie needs help.

Have Divx collection of films
Have Compaq Ipag 3850 + Tosh 5GB drive
Have Pocket TV
Use setting as recommneded by pocket TV (see
http://www.mpegtv.com/wince/pockettv/encoding.html#parameters)
Get no video, just black screen.
Audio and length of clip seem OK

Any thoughts?

Rememeber I'm a Newbie - no really hard stuff!!

B

Question - Two questions: Crashing and "insert disc into..." No.35827
John  2003-03-28 12:35:54 ( ID:zjx8jbbax2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello;

I am having two problems and need some help. I am fairly new to video/tmpegenc but I converted two avis to mpeg2 without a problem. Then I got a new computer (1.7 AMD/1 gig DDR/80 gig drive)and the the newest video capture is having problems. First of all when I go to select the source to be encoded I get a "insert disc into drive D" pop up, I don't remember getting this before -why does it want me to insert a disc? The main problem I am having though, is after the program starts and is running for about two to three minutes of video, it shuts down my computer: the power stays on, but the fans shut off and the hard drives shut off and the screen goes black. Could this be overheating protection on the motherboard? Other ideas? - thanks alot.

Minion  2003-03-28 20:42:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like you are haveing some Pretty Big problems that don"t have anything to do with Tmpgenc, and these Problems could be anything, I think you should take it to the Shop...Encodeing is a Very CPU intensive Process and even a computer with big problems will not show any symptoms if you are just surfing the net or running simple Program but when you start pushing it to it"s limits thats when the Problems become apparent...Take it to the Shop....

Ashy  2003-03-28 21:10:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>First of all when I go to select the source to be encoded I get a "insert disc into drive D" pop up

I think this one is fairly obvious. I'm guessing D drive is your CDROM drive or DVD drive.
At some point you have loaded a movie into TMPG directly from the disk in your CDROM/DVD drive then closed TMPG and removed the disk from the drive.
When you start TMPG up again it will automatically try to load the last file you used as a source hence giving you this error.
Just click 'Continue' and load a different file into the source box, but this time from your hard drive. NEVER load files directly from your ROM drive into TMPG. This puts far too much stress on the drive and you may damage it.

As for your other problem try disabling the MMX,MMX-2 and SSE,SSE2 optimizations under the CPU tab in the 'Enviromental' settings.

If you have an AthlonMP/XP you may enable the SSE, 3D Now! and MMX-2 optimizations.

ASHY

John  2003-03-28 22:43:24 ( ID:ueukqmt0mnh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks guys

It is an Athalon XP. I wasn't quite clear before: I captured the DV vid on the old pc, I used tmpgenc on the new pc with no problems for the previously captured vid. The only thing that would be different would be the capture of the new vid, which was done on the new pc, with seemingly no problems.

Ashy; the environmental settings will not let me choose mmx-2 and SSE without choosing mmx, being that I do have an athalon xp, should I enable or disable the settings? Re: the D drive, I think I did look at a movie to see if I could encode it with tmpgenc - that explains that. Minion: the motherboard thing was just a wild guess, I really don't know. Any other ideas?

Ashy  2003-03-28 23:36:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just disable all, but try 3D Now!

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-29 00:27:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read somewere that the SSE-2 optimizations on an Athlon XP are a Bit different than on an Intell so the SSE-2 in Tmpgenc isn"t totally compatible with an Athlon so Maybe enable everything accept SSE-2...The reason why I said there could be something wrong with your Mo Bo is because it is shutting down after a few minutes of encodeing which sounds like a Problem to me...

John  2003-04-04 00:24:47 ( ID:zjx8jbbax2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks guys;

Minion was correct originally: I did a crappy job of installing my heat sink on the processor, it was overheating, shutting off the computer. I fixed it and all is well. Great (free) product, great support on the free product!

Question - mystery error No.35824
dg  2003-03-28 06:12:15 ( ID:dwsspj8a4y6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get a "cannot load P3Package.dll" error when I try to encode. Any suggestions. I have the "free demo" program in program files on "C drive" and the p3package.dll is in there too. Please help. Thanks in advance.
DG

Minion  2003-03-28 09:21:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the Main EXE in with the P3P Package??

Noud  2003-03-28 17:53:15 ( ID:qry6a3ofrsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same. In my case the name of the file was installed incorrect: P3Packag.dll. When I inserted the missing 'e' this worked well.

Hope this will work for you also.

Question - Hitting frame limit? No.35822
mike  2003-03-28 04:20:36 ( ID:ekb7pm1ou2l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to go from Creatives Digital VCR to SVCD. A post on dvdrhelp.com mentioned that installing the TMPGEnc mpeg2 plugin was all that was needed to convert these nonstandard mpeg2 files. Well, it's not working.

First problem is that TMPGEnc gets to around frame 38000 (out of 10700) and then the rest of the converted file is that last frame for the video. The sound however does continue. Same thing if I try to preview it, or when I try to do cut editing. I can view the video in a player and it works as expected.

I'm also having problems with the sound being out of sync. I did a short test and it came out fine. Then I let it run the entire file and it was way off.

Any suggestions on either problem? Or a consensus on what really works? I've been searching usenet, forums, websites, etc. and what one person says works for them, doesn't seem to work for another. Or for me. An example, Ulead Moviefactory has been said to work. It did load the file ok, but the resulting SVCD had a stutter in the video. It was like every few seconds, it would rewind maybe half a seconds worth, then continue. Is there a name for this?

Mike

Minion  2003-03-28 05:24:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the reason what it is sticking on that Frame is Probably because there is come sort of an error in the Source file at the Point were it stops, Try this it should work unless the File is totally Corrupted..Download "DVD2AVI" and Make a "D2V" project File and Encode that..DVD2AVI is a Frame server for Mpeg files and it is Better to use it than Loading Mpeg2 files directly into Tmpgenc..

Question - I can't load D2V files No.35820
Rory  2003-03-28 02:53:43 ( ID:p.vilfck3zo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to load the d2v and wav files i have ripped into TMPGEnc, the wav works but now the d2v says 'unsupported' or some bullshit. I've done three thing successfuly already and i can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong.
Any help would be hot

Minion  2003-03-28 05:20:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you have done it before rescently then you Probably have the Correct Plugin installed so what will probably work is to Just make another D2V file, that usually works..And remember Dont Move,Delete Or rename any of the Vob/Mpeg files or the D2V files from there Default locations untill after you have encoded the Movie..

Question - kernel32.dll problem No.35819
superweasel  2003-03-28 02:38:22 ( ID:xxxboft29wj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i dont get this
i used this vcd galaxy program to rip a copy of labrynth
worked great
got it all working
it came with a copy of tmpgenc
so i tried to put the dv2 file where its supposed to go
and it pauses and then give me the kernel32.dll error
and ive tried many versions of tmpgenc and it just doesnt work
the second step of this after ripping the files from the dvd is to use dvd2avi
is that the problem or what?

Request - Steven No.35816
Stevef11374  2003-03-28 00:43:59 ( ID:yojjssulheh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When It is time to start recording, I get the message to play MPEG-2 files, DVD player files must be installed on your system. MPEG-2 files cannot be played without such playback software.

Funny thing is I DO have dvd playback software on computer w/ Windows XP and I can easily play DVD's.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Minion  2003-03-28 05:15:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Message Is NOT telling you that you don"t have the Software it is Just telling you that to play Mpeg2 files you have to use DVD Playing software..It says this if you have the software or Don"t have the software so there is nothing wrong....

Ashy  2003-03-28 17:36:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL...It's just a message to give you some info not an error warning. Just tick the box next time it comes up and you wont see it again.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.