TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 212 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Smaller file-size Jorgo 1 2003-03-19 16:44:21
Question No Sound - Dvix4 to MPEG Brent 1 2003-03-19 22:32:08
Question doesnt recognize d2v file minolt 1 2003-03-19 22:29:10
Question avi to mpg1 file size xl 1 2003-03-19 18:48:29
Question avi to mpeg xumoe 4 2003-03-21 15:57:25
Question sound WAY out of sinc vicky 1 2003-03-19 04:27:50
Question I have Wav. file and Mpeg files seprate how to put them together Shaggy 1 2003-03-18 23:55:45
Question Can you load *.idx file into "Force Frame Setting"? KSmut 4 2003-03-21 16:34:25
Question Just a slight pause TheJ0ker 3 2003-03-19 17:12:45
Question Edit out Black frames Winknbullrock 1 2003-03-19 17:15:41
Question Field Order Conversion Problems Greg 5 2003-03-20 13:28:50
Question Merge & Cut making video brighter Dave 2 2003-03-18 23:33:57

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 212 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Smaller file-size No.35626
Jorgo  2003-03-19 12:31:57 ( ID:fvjijmttp1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why does it not matter if I reduce the resolution (i.e. from 640x480 to 320x240) in the exported MPG1 filesize? should it not be half the size as well?
If i do want a file which is half the size, is my only option to reduce the bitrate?

Ashy  2003-03-19 16:44:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, it doesn't matter what resolution you choose. The file size will always remain the same if you are using a CBR method of encoding.

It is the bitrate that determines the size of any given file.
For example 1500 kb/s is 1500 kb/s whether the resolution is 320x240 or 640x480.

What I mean is that the same amount of bits are being used to encode the MPEG no matter what the resolution is. The only difference being the quality of the actual image.

At high resolutions the image quality will be better, but this means that you would also need more bits to encode the image and hence a higher bitrate setting to avoid blockiness.

A lower resolution means there are less pixels and hence less data in the image to be encoded therefore the image is less likely to have blockiness at low bitrates, but the image won't be as sharp or as good quality.

ASHY

Question - No Sound - Dvix4 to MPEG No.35624
Brent  2003-03-19 12:21:03 ( ID:qc9ywaeaa9h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert a file from Dvix to MPEG the sound file does not play. How to I change the sound output to MP3?? I think it exports as a WAV file??

minion  2003-03-19 22:32:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio in a Mpeg file in NOT MP3..And if you ended up with a WAV file then you chose the wrong audio Format, the standard audio format for Mpeg files is Mp2 audio unless you are makeing a DVD then the audio can be Wav,MP2 or AC3...

Question - doesnt recognize d2v file No.35622
minolt  2003-03-19 10:24:45 ( ID:bmiiaqg1.dh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I produced an d2v file from an vob file with DVD2AVI, tmpegenc. doesnt recognize the d2v file. It says that it is not supported. What did I wrong?

minion  2003-03-19 22:29:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure that you have the DVD2AVI.vfp Plugin installed in the Vfapi Plugins...If not then copy the "DVD2AVI.vfp" File from the DVD2AVI folder to the Tmpgenc folder..Then make sure that you do not delete the Mpeg/VOB files that you are encodeing and do not move them or rename them or do not moove or rename the D2V file....

Question - avi to mpg1 file size No.35620
xl  Home )  2003-03-19 09:32:31 ( ID:cpkdz.ehghj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to convert an avi file (2min) to an mpg which i want to play on a pocket pc using following settings, i always get a file size of 24mb. how can i lower this?? :

video
320x240
24fps
350kbps
2 b frames between p frames

audio
44,1khz
joint stereo
64kbit

i found these settings at
http://www.pockettv.com

in fact i tried different settings. but in the end it always turns out to be around 24mb. any suggestions???

Ashy  2003-03-19 18:48:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must make sure you set the 'stream type' to 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' when encoding.

Run the MPEG through the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools with this setting and your file size will be reduced.

ASHY

Question - avi to mpeg No.35615
xumoe  2003-03-19 06:21:30 ( ID:xtiz3tplmcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi from an unkown source. It plays well by Windows Media Player (wmplayer.exe). When I try to convert it to mpeg using Tsunami TMPGEnc 2.51, I get message, "Cannot open or unsupported." How can I find out what the avi is made of and what it will take to convert it?

minion  2003-03-19 22:25:47 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raiseing the Priority of the "Direct show File reader" to "2" and see if that works...

Chauncey  2003-03-20 08:49:44 ( ID:wnggbmpv2kg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having the same problem, and changing the setting to 2 only gets me to the next screen, but then boots me out when I try to adjust the settings. Is there another setting I can change in addition to this one?

xumoe  2003-03-21 07:36:39 ( ID:xtiz3tplmcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm gaining on the problem. I found a program that inspects the avi file and tells me the codec. It's called avicodec. The problematic avi files use the MS MPEG4 V3 (MP43) codec. My guess is that somehow Windows Media Player V9 can find the codec on my system, but Tsunami MPEG Encoder, Easy AVI Converter and LSX-MPEG Encoder 3.5 cannot find the codec. I'm not sure how to overcome this problem, (I don't know how codecs become known to the programs) but I'm contacting all the encoder/converter sources to see if I'm on the right track and to see if there is something I can do or if they can help me (us).

Ashy  2003-03-21 15:57:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have mediaplayer 9 installed then this is most likely your problem.

Mediaplayer is causing all sorts of problems with programs like TMPG, but not just TMPG.
It seems that Microsoft has implemented some sort of code into mediaplayer 9 and it's MPEG4 codecs which is blocking other software from using it's MPEG4 codecs. Microsoft has always tried to block the use of it's MPEG4 codec with anything other than it's own software.

You could try and find the hacked version of the MPEG4 codecs which are available on the net which should allow you to open these files or try FFDSHOW which can open all MPEG4 codecs including Microsoft,DIVX and XVID.

Your best bet if that doesn't work is to remove Mediaplayer9 and install FFDSHOW. This usually gets TMPG working with MPEG4 files.

ASHY

Question - sound WAY out of sinc No.35613
vicky  2003-03-19 00:41:20 ( ID:.62rst0gexj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i had an avi file i extracted the sound using virtual dub and changed it to wav then i converted the whole thing to mpeg, first half of the film was fine but then the sound went about 5 mins out of sinc, why? and how do i fix it?

minion  2003-03-19 04:27:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you encode the Movie into 2 Parts??? If you used the Source Range to Encode the Movie into 2 parts then try just makeing one big file and cut it into 2 parts with a Good Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR, and if you did encode the file to one big file and Use the "Merge & Cut" to Cut the File into 2 parts then Don"t use the Merge & Cut ,use a Real mpeg editor Cuz the Merge & Cut can cause Sync Problems...

Question - I have Wav. file and Mpeg files seprate how to put them together No.35611
Shaggy  2003-03-18 23:14:58 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Wav. file and Mpeg files seprate how to put them together?

minion  2003-03-18 23:55:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are Makeing a DVD ,Right??? If not you have chosen the Wrong audio format for the audio, the audio format for VCD/SVCD is Mp2 audio..But if you are Makeing a DVD then the answer is You Don"t put them together into One File, You need to have a DVD Authoring Program that will accept seperate Audio and video files ,The authoring Program will Join them together and Burn them to DVD..If your DVD Authoring Program will not accept seperate audio and video files then it doesn"t support Wav audio for DVD"s so you would have to encode the audio to MP2 audio and used the "Multiplex" to join them into one File....

Question - Can you load *.idx file into "Force Frame Setting"? No.35606
KSmut  2003-03-18 22:48:45 ( ID:smcdppin92j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to load the *.idx file generated from SmartRipper (which has the GOP structure) into the "Force Frame Setting" of TMPGEnc? Manually entering the GOPs will take too long.

TIA
KSmut

minion  2003-03-18 23:48:31 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know about that, But you can Easily Just set the Gop structure of the encoded file to the same Gop structure of the File you are encodeing just by Finding out what the gop structure of the source file is useing Maybe a Bitrate Viewer or the Mpeg Stream Explorer, then set the Gop in Tmpgenc to the same one, just by putting in the amout of I P B frames there are in a Gop and the Gop Length..It Probably wouldn"t get every single frame the same as in the Source file but the same Basic Gop structure will be carried out through the whole file with Very little Differance betwween the 2 files....

KSmut  2003-03-20 23:06:18 ( ID:smcdppin92j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks, but I already know how to do all that. My problem is a video that has a very complex GOP sequence. It's not standard and alternates a lot. It would take me hours to manually set the correct GOP. I was hoping there was a way to load the *.idx file generated from SmartRipper in the Force Picture Type Setting, but I guess not.

KSmut

Ashy  2003-03-21 16:10:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an option in IFOedit which will allow you load the VOBS and create a frame list for use in TMPG to force the GOP structure.
Go to http://www.doom9.org/ and click on the IFOEDIT link in the quick search bar for info how to do this.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-21 16:34:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you can't work out how to do it post back and I will give you instructions how. It's quite simple, but I'm sort of in a hurry to out now.

ASHY

Question - Just a slight pause No.35602
TheJ0ker  2003-03-18 19:03:43 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi help please....

I got quiet good with this software and am using it to encode mpeg2 from avi's. Works well.. Except for a slight almost unnoticable pause every 1 to 2 seconds.

I checked all the settings to no avail.

By the way the file being produced is an m2v file for Maestro later so alot of the setting are not your standard settings...

TheJ0ker  2003-03-18 19:23:01 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry forgot to mention its an athlon I'm running with plenty of memory..

:-)

minion  2003-03-18 23:40:17 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Could be from any Number of things, Make sure that the Frame Rate is the Same in the AVI file as in the Mpeg file cuz Tmpgenc can"t convert Frame rates Properly, and Make sure you have the Field Order set correctly cuz improper Field order setting can cause a Jumpy effect, If you see this While Playing on your DVD Player then Make sure that you don"t have Bitrate spikes in the Mpeg file or the Bitrate is to high in the Mpeg file and the DVD Player skips trying to spin the disk, and Make sure you do not burn your CD-R"s at too high of a Speed Cuz burning to Fast can cause many different problems like Skipping..Well These are the Conditions that Can cause a skipping in the Video, I hope this helps a Bit....good Luck

Ashy  2003-03-19 17:12:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If this pause is at regular 1-2 second intervals then it is most likely because you have changed the frame rate of the original source file.

TMPG does not do correct frame rate conversion. Either encode to the same frame rate or use one of the other methods you can use for altering the framerate with either AVIfrate for changing the frame rate of the AVI and then use an audio editing program to alter the audio length to match the video or use AVIsynth.

ASHY

Question - Edit out Black frames No.35600
Winknbullrock  2003-03-18 16:35:00 ( ID:qc9ywaeaa9h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting a bunch of black frmaes at the end of my files?? Whqat to do??

Ashy  2003-03-19 17:15:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just cut them off.

Question - Field Order Conversion Problems No.35594
Greg  2003-03-18 06:42:55 ( ID:ui/5v08mc2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems with templates converting to Field Order B. I set Field Order to B on the Advanced Tab in Settings, however, the finished MPEG always seems to end up as a Top Field A file that has motion problems as a DVD. Does anyone have a template, or an idea on how to make sure that AVI2DVD files come out as a Bottom Field B compliant file?

Ashy  2003-03-18 09:32:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot use a template to set the field order.
You must set the field order manually after loading the template and make sure you set the field order AFTER loading the AVI then the template otherwise TMPG will reset the field order.
How are you confirming that the field order is incorrect, with Bitrate viewer?

If you still experience problems, which I think is still down to your error, you can download a program called Pulldown.exe and it's GUI to convert the MPEG to the correct field order.

Find it here: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/pulldown_gui.html
You probably won't need to download the VB6 Runtime Module.

Make sure you demultiplex the MPEG first and check 'No pulldown' unless you specifically want to add 'pulldown'

ASHY

greg  2003-03-19 03:37:31 ( ID:ui/5v08mc2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I load the finished file into Movie Factory 2 I can check the field order under the information tab. The thing that is making me crazy is the first disk that I created out of a multi-disk set, came out with the correct field order, B, for some reason I have not been able to repeat this for the second disk. I have tried numerous different combinations to no avail. All resulting files come out as Field Order A. As you know the Top Field seems to have motion problems when converted to DVD. I assume that I am doing something wrong but after 6 or 8 try's it is begining to become a bit frustrating.

Thanks,

Greg

minion  2003-03-19 22:22:01 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you know the Bottom field first is the correct Field order???You can still get Interlace artifacts when the field order is correct, I know I do,..Did you Try what I sudgested?? Loading the file into Tmpgenc useing the WiZard?? Cuz if useing the Wizard the Field order gets set to Top field first then that IS what the field order is..But as Ashy sugested useing Pulldown.exe you can change the field order of the file without re-encodeing the file

greg  2003-03-20 02:49:28 ( ID:pedkjrpfzna )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am going on the fact that TMPG sets the field order correctly, however, the tutorials that I have read tell me that I want to encode the MPEG 2 in Bottom Field for DV use. Perhaps what I am misunderstanding here is if I really need to change Top Field to Bottom Field for DVD production. Most of the successful DVD's I have created were encoded in bottom field. The ones I created using the original Top Field always came out with motion artifacts. I was under the inpression that I could encode the MPEG 2 in any Field that I chose by selecting under the advanced tab. Is seems that I hace been able to do that with other AVI files but perhaps I am mistaken.

I have not quite figured out how to set up Pulldown yet, is it a similar setup to Lame Layer 3 encoder? Am I able to change Field Order in the original TMPG encoding process?

Thanks for your input.

Greg

Ashy  2003-03-20 13:28:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot set the field order to whatever you want. You MUST set it to the same order as the original. If the original is top field first then the output must be set to top field first and viceaversa.

As for pulldown.exe, what do you mean set up?
Theres nothing to set up, just download pulldown.exe and the GUI and put them in the same folder then run the GUI.
Demultiplex your encoded MPEG then load it into pulldown.
There is no re-encoding involved.

ASHY

Question - Merge & Cut making video brighter No.35591
Dave  2003-03-18 03:22:25 ( ID:mdbscnxa.ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am taking mpeg files from SVCDs and copying them to my hard drive. I want to merge them together to put onto a DVD+R disc. I can't open any of the mpeg files as my source; I either have to de-mulitplex or merge & cut the files. I merge the files and the output file works and plays great except for the fact that it's brighter. The video is widescreen and you can definitely tell that the generated output file is brighter. The top and bottom edges are grey, while on the original files, they're black.

When I only cut one file, the output file generated has the same effect. I've looked on this bbs and newgroups, but no one seems to have this problem except me. Thanks.

dave

Ashy  2003-03-18 10:29:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've never heard of this one.
It could be due to the fact you are joining 2 incompatible MPEGs together.
Are these MPEGs the same resolution and format?

You could try MPEG2VCR or Easy Video Joiner to join these files.

ASHY

minion  2003-03-18 23:33:57 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a Strange One, Have never heard of the Merge & Cut ever Affecting the Video Quality, Well it shouldn"t cuz it doesn"t actually do anything to the Video data it just either seperates and/or merges the audio and video data or cut"s or joins the Data But doesn"t actually Change it as to effect the way the image looks, It could be that it just looks that way on your Computer Screen, What might be happening is if you have 2 different Mpeg decoders on your Computer one decoder might be decodeing the Unedited files when being played and another Decoder might be decodeing the Edited files when being Played and the Decoder can have a Bearing on how a Mpeg file looks when being Played..I had a Simular Problem when files were Player useing Power DVD the Image looked allmost White they were so bright but when player on Media Player they Looked Normal, this was because the Cyberlink decoder displayed a much lighter image when playing files were the Ligos Decoder displayed a Darker image....Just a Thought..Anyways Do what Ashy sugested and use a Different Editor Like Mpeg2VCR.....good Luck

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.