TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 213 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Field Order Conversion Problems Greg 1 2003-03-18 02:52:14
Question Pausing conversion of Divx to SVCD np75 2 2003-03-18 04:29:41
Question Video Editing Jim 1 2003-03-18 02:09:08
Bug report Free version Charley 5 2003-03-20 13:39:17
Question Some subs missing Svekke 0 2003-03-17 18:10:22
Question no sound after conversion vicky 3 2003-03-19 00:31:08
Question avi to mpeg svcd conversion error ar 0 2003-03-17 01:46:51
Question Initialzing Resampling Engine. Henry_F 1 2003-03-18 01:50:58
Question MPEG tools problem chris 6 2003-03-19 06:53:30
Question can't solve tmpgenc read errors ElAguila 5 2003-03-21 12:40:09
Bug report Free version of TMPGEnc problems Erika 2 2003-03-18 01:33:36
Question Reverse, upside down image Doctari 2 2003-03-16 11:35:24

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 213 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Field Order Conversion Problems No.35589
Greg  2003-03-18 02:04:32 ( ID:ui/5v08mc2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems with templates converting to Field Order B. I set Field Order to B on the Advanced Tab in Settings, however, the finished MPEG always seems to end up as a Top Field A file that has motion problems as a DVD. Does anyone have a template, or an idea on how to make sure that AVI2DVD files come out as a Bottom Field B compliant file?

minion  2003-03-18 02:52:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Field order of your File is determined By your Source file..If you load your Source file into Tmpgenc useing the Wizard tmpgenc will analize the File and set the Field order to what ever the source file is..Most retail DVD"s that I have Ripped and encoded were Top field first but a Few were Bottom field ,mostly Pure NTSC non Teliclined Sources..But anyways if you use the Wizard it will 99% of the time set it to the correct field order depending on your Source file and it does not read the field order by the Source files header which is usually right but can also be wrong sometimes, It actually scans the file for the correct Field order..But with me for some reason I get Interlace artifacts even if the field order is set correctly, I get a Terrorable Combing effect when anything moves when watching on my TV Set(It stutters and jumps when the wrong field order is set)So now I use The Telicide Filter in AVISynth that grabs any Stray Fields and Combing artifacts while not affecting the Quality and it works great, Which might help you if you get artifacts after getting the field order correct...Anyways Good Luck...

Question - Pausing conversion of Divx to SVCD No.35586
np75  2003-03-18 01:37:33 ( ID:eyqqaxrv40a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

It takes forever on my computer to do a conversion (with filter). Just wondering if the conversion can be paused & saved - e.g. if you want to convert in a few different sessions.

Thx

minion  2003-03-18 02:14:18 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can pause the Encodeing But you can not save a Project and start it back up like a couple days later from were you left off..You can pause it just by clicking "Stop" and when it asks you if you want to abort you just don"t answer then you can go and run something else or surf the net, and when you want to start encodeing again just click "No" and the encodeing will start back up again but you can not shut down Tmpgenc and start it up again and start were you left off...

np75  2003-03-18 04:29:41 ( ID:eyqqaxrv40a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ledgend - thanks I'll try it.

Question - Video Editing No.35584
Jim  2003-03-18 00:49:05 ( ID:ohcqxltjvi. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is TMPGEnc Plus Compatible with Ulead Video Studio 7?

minion  2003-03-18 02:09:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly do you mean????You can use Files encoded By Tmpgenc in Video-Studio 7, you can use Files Made by Video Studio 7 in Tmpgenc, there is even a Plugin out that will let you export Projects directly from the Timeline in Video Studio 7 to Tmpgenc to encode without haveing to render your Project in Video Studio 7, But is Tmpgenc compatible with Video Studio 7?? I guess it depends on What Exactly you mean by that....

Bug report - Free version No.35578
Charley  2003-03-18 00:47:34 ( ID:/.qrj9ngpb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the ame problem as Erica, but just downloaded the free version.......can't use it at all. help is no help. How do I use this program? Email me or send offline message. Thanx

minion  2003-03-18 01:57:13 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This isn"t a Bug, well not in Tmpgenc, maybe in your system...Give more info on the type of file you are trying to encode and were the file came from, and any errors you might get, and what you have tried to resolve the problem..The more info you can give up the more info we can give you...

Ashy  2003-03-18 09:50:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is obvious you have read the post by Erika, so why have you posted this problem as a bug! DO NOT post personal problems on this BBS as a bug.

Your problem is *NOT* a bug and reporting it as one will just get up the authors nose and the other users as it makes it harder to detect real bugs.

Also considering you have read Erika's post and the replies to it, why have you made almost exactly the same mistake by not giving us any details or info of your problem.
We are not mind readers and my crystal ball isn't working at the moment, so posting messages like 'TMPG doesn't work' just won't be answered unless you are more specific about the problem.

ASHY

Charley  2003-03-19 00:23:20 ( ID:/.qrj9ngpb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to the TMPEG....Downloaded an avi movie From KaZaA....Plays beautifully but is too large for a CD-R. Want to compress enough for this CD-R.
Reported as a "bug" because didnt know how to ask for assistance otherwise.Am sorry. Tried the "help", but not available. Do I need a DVD recorder to use this SW?

minion  2003-03-19 22:13:07 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will allmost allways have to put a whole movie on 2 CD-R"s in VCD/SVCD Format, even if you could get it on One CD-R the Quality would be terrorable..so encode it to Mpeg and split it in two...

Ashy  2003-03-20 13:39:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here you will find all the answers you need: http://www.dvdrhelp.com

ASHY

Question - Some subs missing No.35577
Svekke  2003-03-17 18:10:22 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I "successfully" converted a DivX + srt subs into a single mpg-1 file, using TMPGEnc combined with DirectVobSub.
The result mpg is perfect, except for the fact that sometimes the subs are missing.
When previewing it in TMPGEnc however, everything looks OK.

Has anyone else experienced this too ?
Please let me know and if possible, how to solve !

Thanks ... Sven

Question - no sound after conversion No.35573
vicky  2003-03-17 14:31:42 ( ID:kgo2.ny7ks6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a movie on avi to mpg so that i can chop it in half and burn it onto two cd's (files too big to fit on one) i used tmpgenc to do the conversion which seemed to work ok but on the mpg version there is no sound (there is sound on avi)i dont know what i'm doing wrong, please tell me what i need to do

minion  2003-03-18 01:53:49 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to extract the audio from the AVI file and convert it to WAV format, then use the WAV file as the audio source in Tmpgenc...You can use "Virtual Dub" or "AVI-MuX" to extract the audio..I think AVI-Mux is better for this But both should work fine...

TheJ0ker  2003-03-18 19:07:07 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't forget you may have to use full processing mode in virtual dub to get the sound out as a wav to cope with the VBR audio... and if its AC3 audio your gonna need to use an AC3 version of virtual dub and convert it back to a wav with AC3 to WAV

Charley  2003-03-19 00:31:08 ( ID:/.qrj9ngpb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with minion....if that suggestion does'nt work goto www.gspot.com and download the proper audion codec for the file. This sw will tell you what the codec(s) are for the audio/video streams and suggest where you can goto download and install.

Question - avi to mpeg svcd conversion error No.35572
ar  2003-03-17 01:46:51 ( ID:d.s4fbg4bfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello.

I'm using tmpgenc 2.58. I'm attempting to convert an avi to svcd compliant mpeg. I followed the walkthru availible on dvdrhelp.com:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

which was simple enough. But now as the program does the conversion, the following error numbers keep coming up and halting the conversion:

if I simply click ok, conversion will proceed but it is random and intermitten when this problem occurs and I can't sit there clicking ok for 7 hours of conversion.

any ideas?

Ps. I'm using an intel p3 800 w/384meg ram under win98se.
thanks.

Question - Initialzing Resampling Engine. No.35570
Henry_F  2003-03-16 22:41:53 ( ID:lgsywbtibb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Starting TMPGEnc, loading AVI file, and WAV file in order to transform into sVcd, I get the following Error:
Could not initialize Resampling Engine.

Any idea how to overcome the problem?

Many thanks.

minion  2003-03-18 01:50:58 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That means that for some reason Tmpgenc can not start the engine that resamples the audio to the correct frequency..If you are useing an external Sample Rate converter then done use it and use the Internal one that tmpgenc has ,and if you are useing the One in Tmpgenc than try an external Sample Rate converter like SCMPX or SSRC...You load the External Sample rate converter by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Audio Engine" and under "Sample Frequency Converter" put a Check in the Box and Browse for the External Sample Rate converter..But if not useing a external one then Make sure there is No check in the Box next to "External Samplerate converter" but only next to the "High Quality" or "Low Quality" boxes...You can find an external Sample rate converter like SCMPX by searching on something like "Google"...and if all else fails and reinstalling Tmpgenc doesn"t help then use something else to convert the audio to Mpeg audio...

Question - MPEG tools problem No.35563
chris  2003-03-16 19:39:57 ( ID:hhpex/btral )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was trying to use the MPEG tools in TMPGEnc to combine a .PSS file(video ripped from a PS2 game disc) and a .AC3 files into a MPEG file.

can i choose the codec used to encode the MPEG ?

minion  2003-03-18 01:40:19 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really know if this can be done with Tmpgenc, the Mpeg tools only accept Mpeg Type Files for Video, and for audio some poeple say that they can use It to mux AC3 audio But it has never worked for me, BBMpeg works for AC3 audio but probably not a .PSS file..And if encodeing to an mpeg file there are no codecs involved in it..You can choose the Codec if you are encodeing a Mpeg file to AVI...

Ashy  2003-03-18 10:10:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG may not accept the file because it contains incompatible wav audio.
You need to demultiplex the file first with this program 'PSS Plex' http://muzzleflash.da.ru/

ASHY

chris  2003-03-18 19:19:33 ( ID:5x4pzib0hna )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>TMPG may not accept the file because it contains incompatible wav audio.
>You need to demultiplex the file first with this program 'PSS Plex' http://muzzleflash.da.ru/
>
>ASHY

i tried to use this program and it splits the PSS file into m2v and wav files
but seems that TMPG can't support m2v files?

Darrell  2003-03-19 04:04:42 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u can dl the m2v plugin here
http://avlab.myetang.com/soft/m2v_vfp-0617.zip

chris  2003-03-19 06:39:23 ( ID:5x4pzib0hna )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>u can dl the m2v plugin here
>http://avlab.myetang.com/soft/m2v_vfp-0617.zip

can u tell me how to use it??
thx~~~~

chris  2003-03-19 06:53:30 ( ID:5x4pzib0hna )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

o........i can handle it
thx~~~

Question - can't solve tmpgenc read errors No.35557
ElAguila  2003-03-16 19:39:39 ( ID:3cx7c7l611g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using the mainconcept encoder. I wanted to try tmpgenc because of the ability to maintain the aspect ratios. I have been trying to get this program to work but so far I have not had any success. I am trying to encode divx and xvid avi's to dvd compatible format. The main encoder will encode them. When I try tmpgenc I get a read error at various points. Sometimes after 5% sometimes after 90% done. It is the same type of error that others have posted here. I have tried the various fixes for it. I updated to the newest version. I tried increasing the directshow filter priority. I used virtualdub and checked the stream for errors. I have frameserved the file from virtualdub. I formatted my drive and reinstalled the OS and tmpgenc. I installed the xvid codec. I have installed the divx 5.03 Pro codec. Same error. I have installed the nimo codec pack. Same error. I am using Windows XP SP1 on an Athlon XP 2200 system with 1GB RAM and 80GB drive space free. I have defragged the drive. There is no official support for the trial version of tmpgenc. I am about ready to give up on it. Has anyone been able to identify a common root cause for people getting this read error? If so, what am I not doing that I need to do in order for it to encode successfully. I have tried a couple of forums but got no help there. I would appreciate any help.

ElAguila  2003-03-17 12:37:42 ( ID:3cx7c7l611g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A little bit of an update on the read errors. I found out that the read errors are only occurring on movies that are type film and not on videos. If telecine is involved, tmpgenc crashes. I am currently running a test using virtualdub to remove the telecine and then frame serve.

uri_sh  2003-03-20 10:02:48 ( ID:o.upugr0mlo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. If some one know how to get it work please mail me
thanks

ElAgula  2003-03-20 13:19:28 ( ID:3cx7c7l611g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately I have not been able to get any solutions. It looks like a good program but it doesn't work for me and they don't offer support for the trial version. I guess it is off to CCE or Mainconcept for me.

Ashy  2003-03-20 14:26:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly most read errors are caused by dodgy and corrupt source files such as downloaded AVI's. You will hardly ever get a read error from a file you have ripped yourself from DVD. I NEVER have.

The next thing to do is to download FFdshow and install it. This will decode your AVI files better than the original AVI codecs. Next raise the priority of the directshow reader to 2 and if you still have problems disable the other plugins.

DO NOT install any of the crazy codec packs you can find out there. Too many codecs on one system will just cause errors and conflict problems.
DO NOT install Mediaplayer 9. Mediaplayer9 has serious issues regarding compatibilty with TMPG and many other types of software which use directshow.

Defrag your hardrive, don't O/C your processor either. If you are using an AMD processor then disable the MMX and SSE optimizations in TMPG.

Lastly after all that and you still have problem then try frame serving from Virtualdub or AVIsynth.
You can download a few programs like AVSgen: http://home.debitel.net/user/holger.beetz/AVSGEN.htm which will allow you to open your AVI and create a simple Avs script for use with TMPG.

Using AVIsynth as a frameserver can solve many problems like this and you have 3 options of opening the AVS file with TMPG. You can use either the VFW file reader or directshow file reader filter in the VFAPI plugins or install the Readavs.dll http://math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/avisynth/tmpgenc-readavs.zip

ASHY

ElAgula  2003-03-21 12:40:09 ( ID:3cx7c7l611g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for you reply. I have tried frame serving to tmpgenc from vdub but had no luck. I will try frame serving with avisynth. I have defragged the drive. I rebuilt my windows install an I get the same thing whether or not I have media player 9 installed. I installed the ffdshow once before and had problems after that viewing some files. I will try it again. Thanks for the info and the links.

Bug report - Free version of TMPGEnc problems No.35554
Erika  2003-03-16 08:02:37 ( ID:ercka70lmyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TMPGEnc free version for about 2 months and i simply love this programme. However, recently when i tried to encode my avi to mpeg again, i can't use the programme. The computer either freeze or they just simply cannot start encoding. Hope any kind souls can help me to solve my problem as i m desperately in need to encode.

Ashy  2003-03-16 11:32:12 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please *DO NOT* report problems as bug reports. This is not a bug, it is a problem with your system config.
Until you give us more details and more info on the type of error, we can't help you.

ASHY

minion  2003-03-18 01:33:36 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes a Little more info on the Specs of file you are encodeing and the Procedure you are useing and were the File came from, and any Software you have rescently installed Like "Media Player 9"....

Question - Reverse, upside down image No.35551
Doctari  2003-03-16 05:12:18 ( ID:ym5evgqwt/k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Quick question here. I've been trying to convert an avi file to mpeg for a vcd. Each time I run it, TMPGENC reverses the image and turns everything upside down. It looks fine in the preview window but when I view the finished mpeg it is upside down and reversed. How can I fix this?

Thank you,

Doctari

Kap  2003-03-16 05:24:44 ( ID:zle8px7szmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One question.......Have you installed a piece of software that lets you playback mpeg-2 files? There's a program out there that people keep saying that it makes mpeg-1 playback upside down. I forgot what the software was called but, it was an mpeg-2 player that people say messes up mpeg-1.

Ashy  2003-03-16 11:35:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does this problem happen on both the PC and the DVD player or just the PC?
If it's just the PC and is ok on your DVD player then this is a playback problem only. If it's both then this is an encoding problem.
Let us know which.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.