TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 229 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Can't cut the mpeg2 EDISON 1 2003-02-27 19:30:10
Free talk how to get dvd screeners with xvid to work tom 0 2003-02-27 01:57:32
Question Dvix d's up 1 2003-02-27 05:02:08
Question MPEG1 VCD file created with TMPGEnc freezes on DVD player Exothermic 2 2003-02-26 21:46:58
Question millions of overflow entries in logfile Tom 4 2003-03-01 01:08:59
Question Want to know MORE! :> aristrocrat 1 2003-02-26 21:28:42
Question Mr. Yunis Mohamed 1 2003-02-26 21:21:29
Question XVCD settings Rene 1 2003-02-26 21:20:00
Question after encoding avi to dvd, the motions have tooths Marcus 6 2003-02-27 08:17:58
Question Unsupported screener dvd avis tom 1 2003-02-26 21:15:17
Question Split up an a file manticoraus 5 2003-02-28 03:39:53
Question Widescreen? Jo 1 2003-02-26 17:47:15

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 229 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Can't cut the mpeg2 No.34901
EDISON  2003-02-27 13:24:22 ( ID:y/v/dq9yfka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had converted an AVI file to a mpeg2(svcd).When I play it with media player,it is OK.But when I drag it forward or backwards,the player will die.And when I use the "merge @ cut" to cut the mpeg file,just as I type the time in the "Range" button,tmpgenc will die(no response for a very very long time).Why so?Help!
THX!

Minion  2003-02-27 19:30:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly don"t use Media Player to Play Mpeg2 files, Use a Software DVD Player like "Power DVD", and to edit mpeg2 files in Tmpgenc you have to have the correct Mpeg2 decoders installed so Tmpgenc can decode the File so you can see it in the Editing window, installing Power DVD Will install the Proper Decoder, and Tmpgenc"s Merge & Cut Isn"t very Reliable for editing ,it would be better to use a Real Mpeg editor....

Free talk - how to get dvd screeners with xvid to work No.34900
tom  2003-02-27 01:57:32 ( ID:12kuykh8tkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks minion you da man, you solved my dvd screeners problem! FYI this is what I did. I went to http://www.doom9.org/ and downloaded a program from the Filters section called ffdshow. Soon as it finished I had access to all my xvid screeners. These screeners I refer too are all from dvds but aren't released yet, like "Gangs of New York" and without this ffdshow, I couldn't play them or make vcds. Now I can. The doom9 site I gave the address to actually has many other downloads everyone here might be interested in seeing(in case you haven't been there already.

Question - Dvix No.34898
d's up  2003-02-27 01:36:27 ( ID:2lgy17ry9ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, so every one keeps telling me there's no way to play my dvixs on my apex dvd player. I Was think this could convert it for me, but it wouldn't work, well the video wouldn't. So if this program will do it, please help. If not and you know of one that will, that would be cool too. Thanks

Exothermic  2003-02-27 05:02:08 ( ID:uvklyfxpbhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See my post just after (before in time) yours on this page. Both of my DVD players are APEX (one is branded GE, but according to some of the firmware hacking sites, it contains the Apex 703 guts), the other is an Apex 1010w (Wal-Mart had these for under $50 just before xmas), according to the Playback compatibility I found at Doom9 and dvdrhelp.com, you have to have a more recent serial number on the ad-1010w for it to be able to play VCD's. Luckily mine was compatible with VCD formats; I haven't tested SVCD formats yet. As I stated in my earlier message, I have no problem burning most mpegs that I already have as VCD's, but the ones I convert from AVI, would freeze on the 1010, and the 703 would speed-up and slow down messing with audio sync in spots.

My testing has basically confirmed what Minion told me, TMPEGEnc tends to allow bitrate bursts into the final file. I played with my settings by selecting a small segment of the AVI around where I saw the problems occurring and just played with the settings. I would burn to CD-RW so I wouldn't waste a bunch of CD-R's. I did not have any luck until, by chance, I decided to try encoding at a lower bitrate so that I could fit an entire movie on one VCD. In this case, the movie was 94 minutes long, so I used an average bitrate of 980kbps on the video. I found that Nero and my Apex players seem to be happy with VBR files (as long as the bit rate remains under some yet to be determined max value, 1150 makes sense, since CBR of 1150 has the most problems when using TMPEGEnc). I encoded a test using VBR avg 980, max 1200, and min 800, with very few problems in the resulting file. The GE player still seems to show a bit of speed-up slow down sync problems with that test, but the 1010w played fine. If you are happy with the VBR or lowered CBR results, this is safe for personal use on players you can characterize, but it leaves the standards behind, so it is definitely not good for distribution.

For best results, I have found it best to use VirtualDub to extract the audio to a wav file. Do any AC3 down-mixing or mp2 bitrate conversions using external tools, you can allow TMPGEnc to do the audio processing as long as the DirectShow priorities are raised in the environment settings, but the combined processing seems to aggravate some audio sync problems with some files. It is better to do separate elementary streams and combine them using the multiplex option in TMPGEnc's MPEG Tools dialog. Also I have seen several reports that it is better to encode the whole video (assuming you remain under file size limits of windows), and then use the merge - Cut tools to split across multiple VCD's instead of the source range filters during encoding.

Here is a guide that I found on the lower bitrate to fit on one VCD:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/84759.php

Since you already have the AVI's you can skip past the first few steps.

They have a lot of useful info.

I'm still playing with other encoders to achieve fully compliant VCD's.

Exo

Question - MPEG1 VCD file created with TMPGEnc freezes on DVD player No.34895
Exothermic  2003-02-26 21:26:25 ( ID:uvklyfxpbhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a strange problem: (apparently common based on posts in other forums)

When I use TMPGEnc to convert an AVI file to MPEG1 for authoring of standards compliant VCD, the resulting file plays fine in Windows Media player, but when burned to CD-R/CD-RW and played in standalone DVD players, the video freezes in spots on one, and another looks like it is speeding up and slowing back down until audio sync is restored at or near the same spots in the video.

After turning on TMPGEnc's log file output, I have found that the areas where the problems occur seem to be where the video motion is low thus the mpeg encoding doesn't need as many bits. Tried 2-pass VBR, MAX 1150, AVG 1150, Min 1150 with same result as standard CBR 1150, same video problems.

I have used VirtualDub to check for bad frames, there are none. I have played with VBV buffer size settings, Interlaced frame order (even though my source is de-interlaced), frame rate conversions, and GOP sequence.

The only thing that seemed to improve the playback on the standalone DVD players was to decrease the video bitrate (2-pass VBR, max 1200, avg 980, min 800). However, I have several standard VCD compliant MPEG1 files that play fine on these DVD players when burned to a VCD CD-R. These MPEG1 files were captured using a hardware mpeg1 encoder like the ATI All-In-Wonder card.

Using tools to dump the Mpeg files, the only difference that I have found thus far appears that TMPGEnc includes a substitute quantize-matrix, and a user data area. a few of the other fields contain diffrent values (look like defaults; 65535), but i'm not familiar enough with their meanings to know what matters or not.

As a test, I downloaded a demo for a product called EO Video, and did a test encoding. That also plays on my DVD players, but EO does not have the configurability or quality that TMPGenc does.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated. I have tried so many variations, that I have worn out a few of my CD-RW's.

Exo

Minion  2003-02-26 21:38:22 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First Off the "All In Wonder Card" is NOT and Hardware Mpeg Encoder, it is not a Encoder at all Just a Capture device, it is the Software (MMC 7.*) that you are captureing with that Is Encodeing the Signal from the All in Wonder to Mpeg, so at best it is a Software encoder...And the Problem with the Scips and Jumps and Video slow down and speed back up are Caused By "Bitrate Spikes"..Tmpgenc does not Have very Good Bitrate controll, it takes your Bitrate setting as More of a Sugestion..So the Problem is that the Bitrate is Going Much higher than you set it, this is one of the reasons why I don"t use Tmpgenc Much anymore..All you can do is either Lower the Bitrate or Use a Encoder that has Better Bitrate controll, a Good One for Mpeg1/VCD is the "MainConcept Encoder" and it is much faster than Tmpgenc...

Exothermic  2003-02-26 21:46:58 ( ID:uvklyfxpbhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, I will try the other encoder. For the working Mpegs, I have no idea how they were captured, the ATI card was a guess on my part. I got the hardware encoder statements from what I though I read when looking at one of their cards in the past. Might have been mpeg2 decoder for DVD playback on another card now that I think about it.

Laterness,
Exo

Question - millions of overflow entries in logfile No.34890
Tom  2003-02-26 21:07:11 ( ID:1pgbvelk.hm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I encode to mpeg2 from a m2v-file with 2 pass vbr (and 720x576 pal, 16:9). I keep receiving a giant logfile with entries for pass 1 that seem ok and all entries for pass 2 that look like this: frame= 89878 [I] estimated compressed size= 98272 compressed size= 89248 overflow= -9074. The resulting m2v-file only contains like half of the movie.
Any idea to this?

Ashy  2003-02-27 21:47:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is your VBV buffer size setting?

ASHY

Tom  2003-03-01 00:43:10 ( ID:e3h4n1acaw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What is your VBV buffer size setting?
>
>ASHY

I tried it with 224 and 0 (automatic), results are the same, starting pass 2 results in overflow entries in the log. ???

Tom  2003-03-01 00:47:29 ( ID:e3h4n1acaw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>What is your VBV buffer size setting?
>>
>>ASHY
>
>I tried it with 224 and 0 (automatic), results are the same, starting pass 2 results in overflow entries in the log. ???

Actually there is one entry per frame in the log, average frame count is like 90.000 frames per movie. Funny enough that the movie runs ok for about 1 hr and then terminates.

Tom  2003-03-01 01:08:59 ( ID:e3h4n1acaw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>What is your VBV buffer size setting?
>>
>>ASHY
>
>I tried it with 224 and 0 (automatic), results are the same, starting pass 2 results in overflow entries in the log. ???

Actually there is one entry per frame in the log, average frame count is like 90.000 frames per movie. Funny enough that the movie runs ok for about 1 hr and then terminates.

Question - Want to know MORE! :> No.34888
aristrocrat  2003-02-26 19:11:12 ( ID:sauyan1azxo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi guys and Gals...
i got some set of doubts and also want ur advice to use this Amazing S/w TMPGEnc...this is so "COOL"...but very slow :. what i would want to know is
1. i WAS using TMPGEnc(2.510)without any extra additions(plug-ins n' stuff)and so when i used to convert a .AVI file to SVCD,resized to DVD resol, the quality was very bad.Meaning the picture was kinda Grainy....BUT a few days ago i installed a lot of plug-ins which i know nothin much about...which includes "Elecard" Mpeg2 dec, and now my Resized picture quality is way better..infact very good. MY point is ..... WHY did this happen and CAN i get better results by installing other better codecs?IF so HOW? :>
2.When i use DVD2SVCD, i am not able to use TMPGEnc not CCE, it says something about "AvySynth Script Error" or "Error Wring to data to 0xx32.bla bla"! Can anyone help me out here!????
3.TMPGEnc has a lot of additional Features..how do i make use of them? for example in the Framserver in DVD2SVCD, there are many options, can i add more to it and if so..HOW? :>
4.Help me out on the 1st Question MORE importantly..thanks guys...and Gals! :>
regards

Minion  2003-02-26 21:28:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since you installed the "Elecard Mpeg2 decoder" you will have a Square Box in the Top Right of every Mpeg file you watch, it is good to use a Different Mpeg2 decoder like "Power DVD", and the Reason why the Quality is so bad when resizeing to DVD Resolution is Because anytime you UP-size the Resolution(Increase resolution by Resizeing) you greatly degrade the Quality, and a Mpeg decoder will Not change that actually Nothing will change that so there is No reason why it looks better Know than it did before...And you are Better off not useing DVD2SVCD Cuz you can get better results doing it your self....

Question - Mr. No.34886
Yunis Mohamed  2003-02-26 16:02:29 ( ID:3sdgusxrlyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We need to encode our videos A Mpeg1 wrapped in an Mpeg2 Data streams. Is this possible with TMPGEnc.

Thankyou for your help

Minion  2003-02-26 21:21:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t see why Not, it would be good to De-Mux the Files first since they are wraped in a Mpeg2 transport stream...

Question - XVCD settings No.34884
Rene  2003-02-26 12:19:42 ( ID:2plb/cvsmtn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Wat are good settings to create a XVCD ... and what input should I use when using PAL (I prefer 720 x 576 to get close to DVD quality)

Thanks,
Rene

Minion  2003-02-26 21:20:00 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to make a XVCD with Full Pal resolution I think you will be very dissapointed Because at that Resolution you will have to use a VERY High Bitrate so the File has any sort of Quality, and at that Bitrate(3000-6000Kbs) your DVD Player will most likely Not be able to play it..You would be better off Makeing a SVCD or a XVCD at SVCD Resolutions, if your Player does not play SVCD then I doubt it will Play a XVCD with Such a High Bitrate...

Question - after encoding avi to dvd, the motions have tooths No.34877
Marcus  2003-02-26 09:41:03 ( ID:j1m.82gpfq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I captured an .avi File from my Sony DV Cam. I will convert this File for my DVD burner. I start tmpg and choose PAL DVD (German). After the other settings, i press start. When its encoding, i see that the picture is
disort. Looks like some small lines, or like tooths. It increases when the motions are faster.... what settings i have to change to avoid this????

I like to get the same quality for my dvd as i record it with my dv cam.

Maybe someone can help?????

Thanx and greets

werner  2003-02-26 16:04:14 ( ID:2x7xlazqvzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thats a problem due to the video type (interlaced, non-interlaced). for the source-input you have to use interlaced if you use DV,VHS,D8 (DV uses 2 alternating frames)

Marcus  2003-02-26 17:06:16 ( ID:j1m.82gpfq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The toohts still exist, even if i use interlaced or not!

Ashy  2003-02-26 17:39:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't worry about it. It's just interlacing artifacts caused by the fact you are viewing field based frames on a progressive monitor. As long as your source and output are interlaced you shouldn't see the effect on your TV.
Also make sure you set the Field order correctly. Usually bottom for DV

If you wish to play the movie on your PC then use DVD player software such as WinDVD which will bob de-interlace the movie and remove the artifacts.

ASHY

Marcus  2003-02-26 19:13:05 ( ID:j1m.82gpfq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean with field order? Sorry im a newby! and also thanx for your replys!

Minion  2003-02-26 21:01:25 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you use the "Wizard" to Load in the Source file then Tmpgenc will analize the File for the correct Field Order and adjust it accordingly....

Marcus  2003-02-27 08:17:58 ( ID:j1m.82gpfq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for all ur help! Very exciting here! CU

Question - Unsupported screener dvd avis No.34875
tom  2003-02-26 07:26:08 ( ID:12kuykh8tkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two movies. Road to Perdition and One Hour Photo. Both are dvd screens from what it says. They are both in avi format but neither will open for TMPG or Virtual Dub. I believe they are xvid, but raising directshow on tmpg did not work either. In fact in the virtual dub error message it states "that directshow codecs are not suitable." It also states "VirtualDub requires a video for windows(vfw) compatible codec to decompress video". My goal is to be able to use tmpg on these movies and I just wrote the vdub error message to give someone this extra info in order to solve this problem. Is there an xvid codec out there? or are there any other suggestions? Thanks.

Minion  2003-02-26 21:15:17 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it is a XVid File then you will need to install the XVID Codec, it is very easy to find ,I"m sure if you go to any search engine and Type in "XviD Download" you will find it without a Problem...

Question - Split up an a file No.34869
manticoraus  2003-02-26 07:14:00 ( ID:6x98z0o2.iw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

Uh, basically I have files too big to put on CD so I wanna slice them up or whatever with tmpeg. I have version beta 12a (0.11.20.98)

I am getting the free one.

anytips for either

ANYONE?

tom  2003-02-26 07:37:12 ( ID:12kuykh8tkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use the project wizard. on step three of five - filter settings - check source range. Use slider bar to figure out wht frames you want to enter as start and end

Ashy  2003-02-26 17:42:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Come on, version 12a (0.11.20.98)!?

This version is well old and TMPG has had many improvments since. Update your version now and do yourself a favor then use the Merge&cut feature in the MPEGtools to split your MPEG.

ASHY

manticoraus  2003-02-27 06:54:06 ( ID:hbxtautc7oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do the merge cut thing but it seems to wanna split up how it wants and not how I indicate.

And using wizard just makes it encode which isn't safe as my computer tends to shut down or something after I leave it to do that

the file will likely play but that's not the point I want to store it off my harddrive to make room for more stuff how do I tell the program to do that and why does it make the length it wants and stuff

BTW thanks for your help so far

Ashy  2003-02-27 21:32:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you set the cut points correctly using the Edit button.

ASHY

manticoraus  2003-02-28 03:39:53 ( ID:cxna555qokh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uh, I think so.

I click add select the file I want and then click edit

select the first "half" then click okay then enter a new filename

The original is Sloth the new Slothp1.

But instead of the second/frame/length I indicate it does what it wants.

Question - Widescreen? No.34867
Jo  2003-02-26 03:29:21 ( ID:jph.i3/jjcf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,

Does TMPGEnc do widescreen? I've been trying to convert an XVid version of Attack of the Clones into an mpeg so i can use it in adobe premiere, but every time i try to convert it, it creates a fullscreen version, which squeezes the picture.

I've tried a whole bunch of different aspect ratios and modes, but no luck. Any help?

Ashy  2003-02-26 17:47:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First why do you want to convert it to MPEG to use in premier? There's no need.
Second to acheive what tou require set your input aspect ratio to 16:9, the 'Video arrange method' to 'full screen(keep aspect ratio).
Depending on you intended viewing output, set the output aspect ratio to 4:3 for a 4:3 TV or 16:9 for a widscreen TV.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.