TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 254 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report Out of sync audio - xvid>vcd rbornowski 3 2003-01-28 12:38:26
Question AVI FILE CAN NOT OPEN OR UNSUPPORTED jor14 2 2003-01-27 04:18:52
Question convert VHS to VCD illyboo 2 2003-01-28 19:34:26
Question keep geting jerky picture michelle69 1 2003-01-26 15:27:16
Question 'The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted' Hannah 1 2003-01-26 15:41:34
Question How can I encode DVD to MPEG(VCD SVCD) with TMPGEnc? gasalaki 1 2003-01-27 04:16:14
Question unsupported ben 1 2003-01-26 23:51:06
Question Small b/w squares, fuzzy Boii 1 2003-01-28 04:33:01
Question MPEG Tools | Merge and Cut - Audio out of sync on cut rhenson 1 2003-01-27 04:12:11
Question freeze frame Waltsdog 1 2003-01-27 04:08:23
Bug report Can not open or unsupported cPix 3 2003-01-27 04:06:12
Question Widescreen .avi to VCD - no sound? Vasili 2 2003-01-26 06:36:04

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 254 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - Out of sync audio - xvid>vcd No.34003
rbornowski  2003-01-26 19:27:17 ( ID:02l4dcxm65. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello - im trying to convert an xvid to vcd but when playing back the mpeg, the audio is about 2 secs out of sync. The source is fine and the audio was ripped seperatly with virtual dub... is there anyway of easily solving this prob or will i have to edit the good old wav and multiplex? cheers

Tomo  2003-01-26 23:57:34 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this is wot i do....extract with virtualdub as normal but in "Audio" use full processing mode instead of direct stream copy....works for me.

Rick  2003-01-27 23:36:59 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had alot of these types of problems as well as the sync gradually go out as the movie plays. I avoid Virtual dub entirely and never extract the audio. This has to do with non standard frame rates used when encoding the avi which doesn't transfer correctly when separated prior to re-encoding to MPeg. You should be able to load the proper codecs and let Tmpgenc do it all with good results. Others have suggested that this doesn't work however I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. There is many tutorials at Vcdhelp.com including Avi's with AC3 audio that basically all do the same so you might try there first. Tsunami filter pack does seem to work better for some reason just be sure to get the FULL pack and not the mini. Concentrate on getting TMPGenc doing it all as it will work and be the simplest solution in the end.

Rick

rbornowski  2003-01-28 12:38:26 ( ID:02l4dcxm65. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks both for the help...ill give it a try..

Question - AVI FILE CAN NOT OPEN OR UNSUPPORTED No.34000
jor14  2003-01-26 18:07:31 ( ID:eyofhpwkmkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to Load 10 to AVI files, and I always get the same error-message, Can not open or unsupported. It did work to load a avi
What can i do? Thank you.

Tomo  2003-01-26 23:55:02 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u need the right codecs installed for tmpg to recognise the file
search on google for "Nimo codecs pack" also install "Divx 5.0"(comes with lots codecs).

Minion  2003-01-27 04:18:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you can watch the files then you have the correct codecs, you probably just need to go to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "vafpi Plugins" and Raise the "direct show" to "2"...

Question - convert VHS to VCD No.33997
illyboo  2003-01-26 13:51:08 ( ID:gye7n0apz7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone give me some instructions to use tmpgenc toconvert vhs to vdc after having captured the vhs? im such a newbie!
thanks

broadway  2003-01-26 18:17:40 ( ID:hl4yybe2czj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You capture to AVI file using a video capture card, then use TMPGEnc to convert AVI to MPEG1 format. Then you need another piece of software to author/burn that MPEG1 file to a VCD.

What video capture device to you have?

PD  2003-01-28 19:34:26 ( ID:lllvxiisc1a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I like to capture the video at the highest resolution possible (720x480 DVD).
Then I use DVD2AVI to split off the audio.
Then I use TMPGEnc to convert the audio to .wav
Then I open the video file and the audio file in Virtual-Dub MOD to edit it and apply filters (usually brightnes and contrast for my home movies).
I don't save the edited file as an AVI. I use the frame serve feature of v-dub to pass the file to TMPGEnc.
Once I get it in TMPGEnc, I batch process three separate files (VCD, SVCD and DVD)
You can use the free version of Nero Burning to make VCDs.
The full version of Nero with the $20 plug-in will make SVCDs or DVDs.
Lately I'm using Ulead Video Studio prior to burning. That lets me add titles and transitions.

Learn all about it at vcdhelp.com

Question - keep geting jerky picture No.33995
michelle69  2003-01-26 13:07:27 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please,please help i'm trying to convert a xvid to vcd but when i do this the picture is jerky, ive looked at the properties of the source file and noticed that the frame rate was 23 fps but i need a pal vcd. is this why? please help me before i hang myself:]

Ashy  2003-01-26 15:27:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you are correct. TMPG doesn't do correct frame rate conversion.

One method around this is extract the audio from the avi to a wav then change the frame rate of the AVI to 25fps with 'AVifrate' and then import the timecode details from that into Cooledit to shrink the wav to the same length as the avi then just use the adjusted AVI and the Cooledit wav in TMPG and encode.

Or another method is to use AVisynth with the CONVERTFPS command to convert the frame rate. This way you won't need to change the audio.

ASHY

Question - 'The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted' No.33993
Hannah  2003-01-26 11:31:15 ( ID:dlex.et2w.r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm at total newbie at all this, I'm trying to burn a film onto a cd-r, so I downloaded TMPGEnc2.510 but when I try to open or extract it a message pops up saying
"The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted"
and I don't know what to do, can anybody help?

Thanks
Hannah

Ashy  2003-01-26 15:41:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just download again. If it doesn't unzip then use this proggy.
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar311.exe

ASHy

Question - How can I encode DVD to MPEG(VCD SVCD) with TMPGEnc? No.33991
gasalaki  2003-01-26 11:19:28 ( ID:s.jjuhdzttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I encode a DVD movie to fomat of MPEG(VCD,SVCD)? What's the step?
I was managed to encode one ,but it was without the subtitle. And the audio is bad I think. Could TMPGEnc recognize the DVD audio format AC-3? Best regards.

Minion  2003-01-27 04:16:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Only Good Way and the Proper way of Makeing a VCD/SVCD from a DVD is to use "SmartRipper" to Rip the Vob Files, then Use DVD2AVI to extract the audio to Wav and Make a D2V Project file that you Use to Frameserve the Video to tmpgenc and Use the wav as the audio..and No Tmpgenc Doesn"t handle AC3 audio and it can"t tell which audio track to encode that is why you have to extract it to wav with DVD2AVI, and you Don"t load the Vob files into tmpgenc you Use DVD2AVI to Frameserve the Video with the D2V file to Tmpgenc...

Question - unsupported No.33989
ben  2003-01-26 11:18:30 ( ID:cl9wguxzd4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have an avi file that i wan to convert to an mpeg and put on disc video is perfect but sound is unsupported if i need codecs can anyone tell me were to get them thanks ben

Tomo  2003-01-26 23:51:06 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u need to extract the audio to wav form using "virtualdub" then insert the wav along with video in tmpg an encode

Question - Small b/w squares, fuzzy No.33987
Boii  2003-01-26 08:55:29 ( ID:9fj.d9zjfd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I use this program to convert *.avi to *.mpg file to make a VCD.
I haven't had any problem so far with this program until recently
when I upgraded my CPU from Celeron 400 to PIII/550 and added my RAM
from 192 MB to 912 MB. (it's not a big upgrade.. I know..).

Anyhow, this .avi file I got from a friend is a dvd rip, which is a very good quality. And I converted it to .mpg using TMPGenc and the result is
not good and unwatchable at some certain points. There are small black and white
squares growing everywhere in the screen and disappear at some point then they grow back again.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? is this a common problem?
I didn't change any setting in the TMPGenc, I just the wizard and go with the original settings. So, is it my CPU? or is there a setting that I need to set in the program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

-Boyke

Surenthar S.  2003-01-28 04:33:01 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your settings aren't probably right, remember the settings on the output file should match the settings in the input file (bitrate settings, frame rate, etc.). I dont know how to check it with tmpgenc, i use virtual dub to check it, (file information), and then I change the settings in tmpgenc to match it. And don't use the wizard, try using the actual program this time, because the wizard uses the default tmpgenc settings, and this might be why your file doesn't work well. Good luck!

Question - MPEG Tools | Merge and Cut - Audio out of sync on cut No.33985
rhenson  2003-01-26 04:02:57 ( ID:iceo4jha63f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I open an mpg file captured from tv to cut out the commercials. The audio/video is fine on the original, and fine from the beginning to the first cut. After the first cut, when I skip a bit of space, on the second cut(and there after), the video is out of sync with the audio. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,
Ritchy

Minion  2003-01-27 04:12:11 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mpeg files aren"t meant to Be edited, and Tmpgenc"s editor isn"t good For this anyways Cuz Tmpgenc only supports Files encoded By Tmpgenc and it only supports files that are CBR and VBR files will be out of Sync..You should get a Real Mpeg2 editor like "Mpeg2VCR" or "M2-Edit Pro" or Capture to AVI and edit out the comercials then encode the edited AVI to Mpeg with Tmpgenc, you will get Better Quality Cuz Mpeg capture is extremely Lossy....

Question - freeze frame No.33983
Waltsdog  2003-01-26 03:10:11 ( ID:anoz9rmzeel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have an avi that has been encoded with xvid and I want to convert it to mpg. However, it seems to have some bad frames and the video will freeze at a certain point. I have a program that solves this problem with DIVX files, but it doesn't seem to work with this file. Is it because xvid is used? If so, is there a antifreeze program that works with xvid encoded movies?

Thanks,
Waltsdog

Minion  2003-01-27 04:08:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not that I know of But you can use Virtual dub to scan for bad frames and Mask the bad frames and then make a Copy of the file with the bad frames masked or frameserve the file from Virtual dub with the Bad frames Masked...

Bug report - Can not open or unsupported No.33979
cPix  2003-01-26 00:36:58 ( ID:nfpxda4qlmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to Load 10 to 20 diffrent .mpeg files, and I always get the same error-message, Can not open or unsupported. It did work to load a avi (divx).
This is very anoying, and I hope you have answer for me.

Regards.

Minion  2003-01-26 01:28:11 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Not a "Bug Report" this is is Because you Don"t have the Correct Mpeg2 decoders installed on your Computer, Tmpgenc needs External Mpeg2 Decoders that YOU have to Install to get Tmpgenc to Read Mpeg2 files..If you don"t want to go through installing extra Decoders you can use DVD2AVI to Frameserve the Mpeg2 files to Tmpgenc...

jojo  2003-01-26 04:31:23 ( ID:g6p8j07x.4. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i also have taht same problem
i try opening mpeg2 files, *note i already can watch the mpeg2 files on wmp, etc so i 've go some drivers install*
so when i try to open the mpeg2 with tmpgenc it says,
not surported blah blah
ne help?

Minion  2003-01-27 04:06:12 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Like My answer says you Need Certain Mpeg2 decoders installed of Tmpgenc will not decode the mpeg2 file..You need either ther Ctberlink Mpeg2 decoder or the Ligos mpeg2 decoder...

Question - Widescreen .avi to VCD - no sound? No.33976
Vasili  2003-01-25 19:57:02 ( ID:inl7yxh6rla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert a large DivX encoded .avi file into a VCD. I think I've managed to the point where I know how to keep it from stretching vertically - I choose "16:9 Display" for the Source Aspect Ratio and "Full Screen (keep aspect ratio)" for the Video Arrange Method. Is this correct? I also load VideoCD (NTSC).mcf file.
Now I have 2 further problems - first of all, the sound is completely absent. If it's of any significance, the source file has MPEG Layer-3 audio at 157kbps. Any suggestions?
Also, the source file is 71 minutes long, but the .mpg file I've got out of TMPGEnc came out over 2 hours long - after 71 minutes, the rest was just a still picture of the last shot. Any suggestions on this one?
Any responses greatly appreciated.
Vasili

Minion  2003-01-26 01:24:43 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well use Virtual dub to extract the audio to wav and use that as the audio track in Tmpgenc, and Just use the "Merge & Cut" in the Mpeg tools to cut the Long last frame off....

Paul  2003-01-26 06:36:04 ( ID:.cqpqjkedv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the decompressor that comes woth AVI2VCD to decompress the audio first, then I can convert from AVI to MPEG and split the file if necessary into smaller files to fit on VCD

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.