TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 255 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report Error message when converting Xvid Codec AVI fenris 1 2003-01-27 00:05:40
Question VirtualDub alan 1 2003-01-25 16:45:53
Question Audio and Video out of Sync Gold 4 2003-01-27 00:11:06
Question problems with anothe devices an media player jor14 1 2003-01-25 17:39:12
Question DivX to SVCD Anyone 2 2003-01-25 19:56:39
Question DVD-ROM Drive Billy 1 2003-01-26 01:18:09
Question synchronization regman 1 2003-01-26 01:14:02
Question Error when I goto do the Source Range Prityh8 2 2003-01-26 16:17:48
Question AVI to MPEG - No Video Artimus 1 2003-01-26 00:28:10
Question My DVD journey...Minion/ASHY fess 11 2003-01-29 17:49:09
Question Very interesting reading on future of TMPG Ashy 3 2003-01-26 16:35:06
Question Very interesting reading on future of TMPG Ashy 0 2003-01-24 15:23:23

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 255 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - Error message when converting Xvid Codec AVI No.33974
fenris  2003-01-25 19:26:30 ( ID:w29btrivx/m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert a Xvid codec AVI to MPEG I recive the error "Write Error occured at address 00401CA6 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 03271304"
I have the proper codec installed to veiw this file but can't seem to convert it.

Tomo  2003-01-27 00:05:40 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have this prob sometimes with xvids...i just rencode in virtual dub and change the video comperssion to divx 5.0....then save as avi and let it rencode it..doesnt seem to lose quality.then encode in tmpg

Question - VirtualDub No.33972
alan  2003-01-25 16:28:26 ( ID:rtj4u1az/ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have installed virtualdub..I have tried to load avi files...several different type and each time it wont let me..I get error messages about not being able to find various dll etc..I have re-installed virtualdub several times but cant get it to work..I am in win XP...any ideas?

Fess  2003-01-25 16:45:53 ( ID:7bflhynhfyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can try going here later (off line right now) to get an answer:

http://virtualdub.everwicked.com/index.php

regards
Fess

Question - Audio and Video out of Sync No.33967
Gold  2003-01-25 15:32:43 ( ID:s.ndlupv1b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see this questions posted and I have not seen a resoponse. I have the same problem... Can someone help...

I have a avi file that i converted the sound to .WAV via virtualdub. After the the conversion is done the audio is way out of sync with the video. How do I fix this?

Powdered Toast Man  2003-01-25 17:46:10 ( ID:y/r/90q1ibn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you save the Wav file in Virtualdud, go back to the file menu and select File Information.

Take note of the frame rate of the audio (its at the top of the list), If the rate is 23.976 fps, its an NTSC movie - so when you load the template in TMPGEnc, you shoul dload the NTSC VCD.

Double check the bottom of the TMPGEnc window after loading your template, it will tell you the frame rate (fps) just be sure that the rate that TMPGENc is set too is the same as the fps shown in Virtualdub.

PTM.

Powdered Toast Man  2003-01-25 17:52:40 ( ID:y/r/90q1ibn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you save the Wav file in Virtualdud, go back to the file menu and select File Information.

Take note of the frame rate of the audio (its at the top of the list), If the rate is 23.976 fps, its an NTSC movie - so when you load the template in TMPGEnc, you shoul dload the NTSC VCD.

Double check the bottom of the TMPGEnc window after loading your template, it will tell you the frame rate (fps) just be sure that the rate that TMPGENc is set too is the same as the fps shown in Virtualdub.

PTM.

Minion  2003-01-26 01:22:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is Incorrect, If the Movie is 23.97FPS you have to load the "NTSC Film" Template, Cuz 23.9/24 is Film...29.97/30fps is NTSC, and 25fps is Pal...

Tomo  2003-01-27 00:11:06 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

see further up the forum to rbornowski question

Question - problems with anothe devices an media player No.33965
jor14  2003-01-25 15:00:29 ( ID:xjl4zu5ejz6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once i have installed tpmg some new problems appears on my computer.
When i try to play any mpeg1 or mpeg2 on windows media player 9 only sound is played but no image. The screen is on black.
I have similar problems with adobe premier and many problems with my pinnacle dc30+.
What can i do to solve the problem?
I have uninstall tmpg but the problem is still.
Have i to configure something to solve the problem?
thank you.

Ashy  2003-01-25 17:39:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm afraid your problem is that crap mediaplayer 9. If you can rollback your system using system restore your problems will be solved.

ASHY

Question - DivX to SVCD No.33962
Anyone  2003-01-25 12:42:56 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. IáÎ not a beginner on TMPG, but now I have reach a problem which I need help with.
I have 1 big avi (PosTX) file, on appr 1,5 GB, 640x272 (2,351:1) divX and Ac3 sound. The fps is 23.97.....
I now would like to encode it to SVCD with the best result there is to get for an SVCD. I should meantion that the Avi file is in the best quality I ever have seen.
Please help: How can I get the best result, even if the result needs 4-6 cd:s....???????

Ashy  2003-01-25 17:45:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

6 cd's!? Come on be practical.
It's the length of the movie that matters not the size.
Using the CQ method in TMPG you should be able to get around 50 minutes of high quality SVCD on 1 disk.

Bitrate: max - 4000, Min - 1800, Q - 65%

Make sure you select '3:2 pulldown when playback' as the encode mode

ASHY

anyone  2003-01-25 19:56:39 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>6 cd's!? Come on be practical.
>It's the length of the movie that matters not the size.
>Using the CQ method in TMPG you should be able to get around 50 minutes of high quality SVCD on 1 disk.
>
>Bitrate: max - 4000, Min - 1800, Q - 65%
>
>Make sure you select '3:2 pulldown when playback' as the encode mode
>
>ASHY

Ok, thanks. I will give it a try........
By the way, the film is 3 hours long......

/Anyone

Question - DVD-ROM Drive No.33960
Billy  2003-01-25 03:20:12 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

About how much does a DVD-ROM drive cost? And is it possible for a computer set/hard drive to have include a CD-ROM drive along with a DVD-ROM drive? I think my previous computer had this program that can play DVDs, but I don't know if it has a DVD-ROM drive. Unfortunately, something was wrong with the computer and I had to return it. My new computer has no DVD-support!

You guys that have it and can make DVD-Rs are soooooo lucky.....!

Minion  2003-01-26 01:18:09 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD-Roms are cheap these days , here in Canada you can get them for about $60, that Just lets you Play DVD"s and Copy DVD"s to your Hard drive, But if you want to actually Burn DVD"s you Need a "DVD-/+RW" which are Much more expensive they are still close to $400 here in Canada and they Burn CD"s also....

Question - synchronization No.33958
regman  2003-01-25 03:12:12 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to adjust the synchronization of the audio & video on a movie if it's out of time on TMPGEnc? If so, how do you do it? Please explain it to me step by step or e-mail me the information. I'd greatly appreciate it so much.

thanks!!

Minion  2003-01-26 01:14:02 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is one a Audio Gap correct feature in the Source range that is suppoed to make the audio start a bit earlier or later,...or you can use the Muxer in Mpeg2VCR or BBMpeg which has a simular feature in there Multiplexors...

Question - Error when I goto do the Source Range No.33955
Prityh8  2003-01-25 00:18:33 ( ID:rsixdtje5am )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello! This started about a week ago. I had TMPGenc, and it worked for a long time until then. Now when I goto the source range, I get a microsoft error report and it shuts down the program. Yesterday I had to delete my whole computer, and i just got TMPGenc again and it is still doing it. Anyone know why? Thanks. I have windows XP

tunaman  2003-01-25 15:16:06 ( ID:9wmq0l5dh82 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im getting the same problem... quite annoying... and still dont find a way to solve it :(

Alun  2003-01-26 16:17:48 ( ID:ad8/qkszgcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mine's doing the same thing. I've got Windows XP and a Hauppauge PVR250. Every time I try and edit an mpeg file using the merge and cut tool the program is shut down by windows. It seems to happen whilst I'm searching through the video file for the correct place to cut. Can anyone help us?

Question - AVI to MPEG - No Video No.33953
Artimus  2003-01-24 21:18:34 ( ID:wt8xjyerbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not getting any video when creating my MPEG files. I tried changing the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader to Priority 2, but when I do, the program just crashes(I've restarted the pc and everything). What the heck is wrong?

liy  2003-01-26 00:28:10 ( ID:58/35akjwkn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having exactly the same problem. Running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 4150. HELP!

LIY

Question - My DVD journey...Minion/ASHY No.33941
fess  2003-01-24 20:14:11 ( ID:7bflhynhfyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I had not ever considered DVD until using this board, but now I am very curious.

I have 2 choices for making my mpgs

1. to capture from vhs
2. to rip form DVD

Naturally, it would make sense that DVD would be the best (better than capturing from vhs to raw AVI)?

I'm a bit confused as to how you go about 'ripping' data off a DVD. I have a DVD/CDROM drive. Could I use that to 'rip' or do I need a stand alone DVD player?

And finally, I looked in google for 'DVD ripper' and was overwhelmed. May I ask what you would recommended. My mission it to make the best quality mpg for my net work.Am I proceeding in the correct direction?

Regards
Fess

Ashy  2003-01-24 21:40:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need Smartripper to rip the VOB files from the DVD to your drive.
Leave smartripper at it's default settings.
(If you do not have an aspi layer installed you will need the one below.)

Load the d2v file which Smartripper has created into TMPG.
For the audio you will need VOB2AUDIO to rip the audio track from the DVD to a wav which you then load into TMPG along with the d2v.

All the tools you require are below. After installing DVD2AVI run it once and copy the DVD2AVI.vfp from the DVD2AVI folder to the TMPGenc folder.

Smartripper- http://www.megagames.com/console/cd/smart.exe

DVD2AVI - http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/DVD2AVI_1.77.3.zip

VOB2AUDIO - http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/MovieManiac/Software/Vob2Audio010.exe

ASPI - http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/download/forceaspi17.zip

ASHY

fess  2003-01-25 01:58:22 ( ID:7bflhynhfyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY,

Thanks for your help and precise instructions. I tried to download DVD2AVI file from the link you specified and got error 'cannot open file, it does not appear to be a valid archive' from WinZip.

So I got the v1.77.3 from here:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2avi.cfm#download

I will attempt to do my first rip (Crouching Tiger) tomorrow after a goodnight sleep.

Regards
Fess

Ashy  2003-01-25 17:47:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Must have been a bad download.
This is the official link and have downloaded from it on several occasions without problem.

ASHY

fess  2003-01-25 22:24:54 ( ID:/3jmzjik1og )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,

I ripped a crouching tiger DVD and it was sucessful but huge in MB's (i had enough space though)

For audio I followed the steps at:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/v2a_mp3.htm
Then I tried to rip the audio (wav) but got the wrong audio (documentry audio, the was 'behind the scenes' etc on the crouching DVD)

I figured I delete everything and start fresh with a smaller DVD because it was
very disorganized.

So I ripped a smaller DVD to a folder I created and is was only 1.41 GB.

Then I went to use vob2audio and got this error message:
'Ligos Splitter seems to miss an audio stream! Use the AudioVob-option in Smart Ripper! or use VobTools to delete first segments'

Perhaps I misplaced a step somewhere but I did everything to the letter. Have you ever had this error?

Thanks
Fess

Ashy  2003-01-26 16:15:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The DVD you are using is one of the funny ones which probably only has 2 channel audio. VOB2Audio doesn't like these as it's looking for a 6 channel Ac3 stream.

Most regular movie DVD's have 6 channel audio so you will have no problem with these.

DVD2AVI can rip the audio from the 2 channel ones to a wav just select create d2v project file and usually track one under audio. (you won't need the d2v as you can use the one smartripper creates)

As for the wrong track selection look in your folder where you have ripped the Vobs and open a text file with a name such as vts_02_INFO.txt. Look to where it says 'stream info'.

Here you will see a list of streams with numbers by the streams such as [0x80]. This is usually the first audio track and English which is the one you want in VOB2AUDIO.

ASHY

fess  2003-01-26 20:46:26 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For my DVD (2 channel audio) the DVD2AVI work, I just modifed "Audio" options menu (output method is modified to WAV (AC3, LPCM) and successful encoded d2v/wav with Tmpeg.

I want to go back and finished what I started with 'crouching tiger'.

Relaeted probelm with both DVD's(2 channel audio small DVD and Crouching Tiger 6 channel audio) is this:

After ripping with 'Smart Ripper'as you stated above, I tried to 'Load the d2v file which Smartripper has created into TMPG'. And got this error:(vts_01.d2v can not open, or unsupported)

But if I use DVD2AVI and save project, then use load the d2v DVD2AVI created in TMPGEnc, it loads.

I went to Options / Environmental Settings / VFAPI Plug-Ins an it desplays this:

checked AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader 0
checked BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader 0
checked Microsoft MPEG-1 Decoder 0
checked Wave File Reader 0
checked DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.77.3 DVD2AVI.vfp 0
checked DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.77.3 DVD2AVI.vfp 0
checked TMPEGEnc Project File Reader 2.510 TMPEGENC.vfp 0
checked DirectShow Multimedia File Reader -1
checked AVI VFW compatibility Reader -2

Seems odd that 'DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.77.3' is listed twice, is this normal or perhaps the cause of my loading problem via d2v file from 'Smart Ripper'?

I did run DVD2AVI once an then close, copied DVD2AVI.vfp from the DVD2AVI folder to the TMPGenc folder as suggested. Still the same error when loading d2v from 'Smart Ripper'

Appreciate all the help bro....
Fess

Ashy  2003-01-26 21:16:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok here is the problem. It seems that with the latest version of DVD2AVI 1.77.3 that the .d2v files that smartripper creates are no longer compatible with the 'DVD2AVI project file reader'

The solution to this is to download v1.76 and copy the DVD2AVI.vfp to the TMPGenc folder and overwrite the previous one.
This will mantain compatibility with both DVD2AVI project files and smartripper project files.
Both should show up in the VFAPI plugins.
http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/DVD2AVI_176.zip

P.S. Ensure 'Dolby Surround downmix' is also checked in the audio section when, so your wav file will be encoded with surround sound.

ASHY

Fess  2003-01-27 21:21:14 ( ID:9yabzucn8kn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,

It worked, I'm able to open d2v files from both DVD2AVI/Smartripper now.

I'm doing a pratic rip on "Ace Ventura 2" now. I guess its a 6 channel audio because Vob2Audio successfully created the .wav via ac3.

When Editing in TMPGEnc's 'Souce Range', I drag the slider to the point in the movie where I want it an set start/end frames. Encode, but the movie's video/audio is terribly out of sync. Never had this problem before.

If I just encode from the beginning of the movie with out dragging the slider, the video/audio is in sync.

So, my problem is with my computer not being able to handle the file size in TMEPGEnc, therefore causing the video/audio to be out of sync when using the 'Source Range' ?

I'm running Win98

Dell XPSR 400MHz

Plan on getting a new system soon..

Thanks
Fess

Ashy  2003-01-27 23:03:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I doubt it's anything to do with the file size.
I never use the source range as it seems to have problems. I prefer to cut the MPEG after encoding.

If you upgrade to XP. You should find you can encode quicker.

ASHY

Fess  2003-01-27 23:44:38 ( ID:9yabzucn8kn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Final Question..

I've notice all my DVD's are letterboxed. When I rip with 'Smart Ripper', the'aspect ratio' frame size from the DVD is 720x480 encased in black bars.

I need to resize the frame in TMPGEnc to a suitable websize. Usually I
go for 320x240 or 352x240. But after using clipping to remove the black bars,and resizing the picture it looks unnatural an distorted (squeezed).If I leave the black bars, it has that letter box look.

Am I constrained to this letter box 'aspect ratio' or is there a way to get the actual picture full screen without distortion.

Regards
Fess

Ashy  2003-01-29 17:49:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want full screen, simply set the output frame size to 352x240 or whatever you require.
The input aspect ratio to whatever the ratio of the movie is (for example if it's widescreeen set it to 16:9 display)
Set the 'arrange method' to 'Full screen (keep aspect ratio)' then clip the movie to the size you want then encode.

ASHY

Question - Very interesting reading on future of TMPG No.33937
Ashy  2003-01-24 15:23:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is some reading about an interview with Mr Hori and some future plans with TMPG.
http://www.vcdhelp.com/reviews/cebit/cebit.htm

Looks like Mr Hori has been listening to the complaints on this BBS and is going to make some drastic changes.

Very surprised to learn he is only 21!

ASHY

fess  2003-01-24 20:23:07 ( ID:7bflhynhfyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Interesting...

It seems his book is multilingual. Wonder if its available for purchase? If anyone has read it, please post a critique.

Regards
Fess

Edd  2003-01-26 01:21:20 ( ID:ap4aiokjg1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You do know that that article is from the middle of 2001, right?

Ashy  2003-01-26 16:35:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, the date 2001-12-06 is in reverse order and is at the end of 2001 in December.

The actual posting date by Michael as you can see from this page
http://www.vcdhelp.com/articles is actually 2002-03-22 also in the same reverse order (unless theres a 22 month I don't know about)

Never the less the artical is just over 12 months old, but is still relevant and even though these features aren't yet implemented it does give us some idea of what to expect.

ASHY

Question - Very interesting reading on future of TMPG No.33936
Ashy  2003-01-24 15:23:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is some reading about an interview with Mr Hori and some future plans with TMPG.
Looks like Mr Hori has been listening to the complaints on this BBS and is going to make some drastic changes.

Very surprised to learn he is only 21!

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.