TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 274 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question CAN NOT LOAD IAN WALLIS 1 2003-01-11 08:30:40
Question ERROR lpjunior999 0 2003-01-10 21:49:06
Question An odd problem...I could really use some answers w_schweke 3 2003-01-10 20:24:38
Question Audio out of sync after Merging mpeg-2 into one file tnt 5 2003-01-11 21:38:10
Question Using TMPGenc to fit larger mpeg files on one VCD? TBentzen 2 2003-01-10 23:41:23
Question opening mpg2 converted file in DVDit jc 1 2003-01-11 08:19:21
Question Read error occurred at address......in Batch Mode Viru 1 2003-01-10 20:02:14
Question Underflow Multiplexing Duniahijau 1 2003-01-11 08:15:53
Question AC3 audio Bobby 0 2003-01-10 13:21:05
Question AC3 audio Bobby 1 2003-01-11 08:09:39
Question Conversion Issues Fenix 1 2003-01-10 12:13:33
Question No Audio George 10 2003-01-10 20:51:10

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 274 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - CAN NOT LOAD No.33248
IAN WALLIS  2003-01-10 22:51:53 ( ID:wt8xjyerbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I AM TRYING TO CONVERT AVI FILE TO MPEG FILE . GET A MESSAGE

CANNOT LOAD P3PACKAGE.DLL WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
THANKS
IAN

Minion  2003-01-11 08:30:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It means that you don"t have all of the Tmpgenc Files in the same folder..All the Files that you that Came in the Program you downloaded have to be in the same folder...

Question - ERROR No.33247
lpjunior999  2003-01-10 21:49:06 ( ID:dcexyb8qsrm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using 2.58, going through the wizard, and I'm having a problem with one specific file. Most of the time I get ERROR -537403781 98656 in intervals of about every three seconds. Once, it seemed to work fine, but it was going to add a half-hour of the last frame. I stopped it, and then there was no sound. Then I tried again, and the same problem with the error message happened.
I don't know what's happening. Does anybody?

Question - An odd problem...I could really use some answers No.33243
w_schweke  2003-01-10 19:22:55 ( ID:vrtpvvuhslc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am experiencing an odd problem with TMPGenc 2.58.44.152, and 2.59.47.155, and any other build that i have installed to try to find a solution to my problem. I have been using TMPGenc for some time now, and don't understand why i am having this problem.

About a week ago i encoded some movies from (xvid).avi to XVCD (only lowered the bitrate from 1150KB/ps to 950KB/ps to make it fit on a CD). The movies were supposed to be on average about 738 MB (about the size of an 80min CD), and they all came out to be 850 MB + or - 15MB. I have successfully completed this process many many times before. Why does the estimated filesize say the movies will be 737MB(est.) and they turn out to be so much larger now? I am not doing things any different than I have before?

I can provide any other information that is needed if neccessary.

Thank You,
~WES
w_schweke@sbcglobal.net

ASHY  2003-01-10 19:54:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

2.59 has a bug in it's muxer. All MPEG1 files no matter how low you set the bitrate will have padding added to be the same size as Standard VCD.

2.58 does not have this problem however. You probably just have to set your stream setting to 'Non standard VCD'

ASHY

ASHY  2003-01-10 19:57:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Loading the MPEG into the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools with the 'Non standard VCD' setting will remove this padding and thus reduce the file size.

ASHY

w_schweke  2003-01-10 20:24:38 ( ID:vrtpvvuhslc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!!!

Simple-Multiplex worked like a charm! Now I can stop pounding my head against my monitor :-)

~WES

Question - Audio out of sync after Merging mpeg-2 into one file No.33237
tnt  2003-01-10 19:17:04 ( ID:rb/rf.8erhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,

I am having a problem with audio gett getting out of sync with the video.

Here is what I'm trying to do:

1. Capture DV from DV camcorder into an avi file
- audio is in sync
2. Split the AVI file into smaller avi files (in this case 19 of them)
- audio is still in sync on all of them
3. Convert each to MPEG-2 using TMPGEnc's default DVD (NTSC) settings
with the only change being the audio bit rate set to 192 kbps
- audio is still in sync on each clip
4. Use the merge&cut tool to merge some or all of these files together
into one MPEG-2 file.
- the audio is now out of sync. I also noticed that during the
"Outputting..." phase of the process, the
"Producing the video stream..." reports 3730.46 seconds and the
"Producing the audio stream..." reports 3730.68 seconds and my audio
is out of sync by approximately .2 sec (subjective estimate but the audio
does come earlier than the video. This particular example is for trying
to merge all 19 clips back together as a test.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this something that TMPGEnc doesn't handle properly?

Thanks,

Tom

P.S
I am pretty sure that I have encoded the original 60 min avi file using
the same settings and all was fine with the audio, so I have to believe
that it is the merge process. I will try this again this evening to
make sure, though.

ASHY  2003-01-10 20:04:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The answer to your problem is probably due to the fact that merging MPEGs requires two clean GOPs to be joined.

If the cut MPEGs are cut in the middle of a GOP the the MPEG will be truncated to the nearest full GOP.
This would the reason for the shorter Video, but I would have expected TMPG to create Full GOPs even at the end of an encoded MPEG, so there really should be no problem.

Try encoding using closed GOPs as this is more compatible for editing.

ASHY

tnt  2003-01-11 01:45:32 ( ID:cmqasfcg4hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The files were created using closed GOP. Also, the MPEG files were not cut, the original type-1 DV avi files were cut using DirectShow routines, which I don't believe to be the problem. Further tests I ran were to capture about 10 seconds of DV video convert it and try to merge it and the times reported are still not the same (this bypassed the step of splitting the original AVI file). I also have tried both type1 and type 2 avi files using 3 deifferent capture applications.

Any other ideas???

Minion  2003-01-11 08:28:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don"t you Just Use One Big In sync DV AVI file instead of Joining 19 Big files..Load all 19 files into Tmpgenc as One big file, Tmpgenc Now supports Sequential Files so Just Name your AVI files something like "file-001.avi, File-002.avi, File-003.avi Ect:in the order that you want them and just load the first file in and the Rest will be loaded in the order you numbered them into one big file...

tnt  2003-01-11 16:08:09 ( ID:cmqasfcg4hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the tip - I might just have to do that.

The reason that I wanted the many different files is for archiving purposes.
I am trying to put all my home movies (about 100 hrs) onto DVDs. My process was to be as follows:

1. capture each tape to AVI via my new DV camcorder.
2. split each AVI into clips (these will most likely correspond to chapters on the final DVD).
3. encode each clip using TMPGEnc.
4. Once that is done, or at least until I have enough mpeg clips to fill up a DVD, take all the MPEG files, merge them together into one big mpeg file to import into my DVD authoring software, create menus and chapters and burn.

A benefit from merging all the clips back, is that I now have I-frames at each chapter, so my authoring software will place the chapter exactly where I want (I did notice that using the Force Picture Type setting on the GOP tab i can achieve the same result)

The reason I need one big mpeg file for the DVD is that I only want one title on the resulting DVD, otherwise there is a pause between chapters during continuous playback.

My intention is to also be able to archive the mpeg files because they are much smaller. Also, another benefit is that I can take the same MPEG files and rearrange them or pull all the ones of my sister and her kids and make a DVD for her, etc. Doing this using the original AVI files would be impractical because of size issues.

Does anyone know of software that can tell me the exact length of an AVI files audio and video streams? I am beginning to wonder if that is not my problem after all.

Minion  2003-01-11 21:38:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know when I want to Know the exact length of the audio and video tracks in my AVI Files I just load them Into "Sound Forge" and it will tell me the exact length of the video and audio tracks..I would Sugest "Virtual Dub" cuz it is free and it can do the same thing But it doesn"t work with DV files...

Question - Using TMPGenc to fit larger mpeg files on one VCD? No.33234
TBentzen  2003-01-10 18:29:20 ( ID:wtq5mz4prrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have posted the problem Converting OpenDML AVI file earlier in the week.
After resolving that issue I have com up with a new one. I have read some articles that claim you can shrink mpegs over 700mb down by changing the bitrates so that the whole movie can fit one on 700mb-80minCD-R/CD_RW.
I used the help guide fond on VCDHELP.com found here (http://wwww.vcdhelp.com/forum/userguides/84759.php) and have also tried templates found on http://www.kvcd.net/.
I have downloaded a copy of the Japanese Version of the Ring (Aka) Ringu the file was an .AVI file of 696MB when converted to mpeg it became a 905mb file.
I have tried all the meothods above trying to shrink the file down to about 720mb but no matter what i try it still comes back showing that it is 905mb.
Any one have any ideas why thi is happening or how to get around it, I would like to fit the movie which is 91 min long on one CD-RW. Is this really possible, and how can i accomplish this, or what could I by doing wrong.
Thx
Tom

ASHY  2003-01-10 20:08:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do yourself a favor, don't reduce the bitrate to fit this movie on one CD, it will look awful. Instead raise the bitrate higher and put it on 2 disks. The quality will be higher and may not be much different from the original, but reducing the bitrate will kill the quality.

If you still want to see the post above 'An odd problem...I could really use some answers'

ASHY

TBentzen  2003-01-10 23:41:23 ( ID:i0xom9h11y2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx Ashy I will take your advice but I just wanted to see it work after all the time I spent on it..I will try the advice in that post.

Question - opening mpg2 converted file in DVDit No.33232
jc  2003-01-10 16:36:56 ( ID:qhjudvktrgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm trying to author a dvd but having problems when loading a tmpgenc generated mpg2 into DVDit LE. I converted a dv file to mpg2 using the standard tmpgenc settings, I was using tmpgenc v2.59. When I try and load it into DVDit LE, I get a 'Runtime Error' and DVDit crashes. I'm using DVDit LE v2.5.4. I'm working on a Sony Vaio Rx580 machine.

Has anyone had this problem, is there a workaround?

Thanks,
jc

Minion  2003-01-11 08:19:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Never heard of that problem ,Try De-Multiplexing the Mpeg file and Load the audio and video into DVDit seperately...and DVDit requires Mpeg2 files that have a sequence Header before each GOP or it will Not see the Files as DVD Compliant ..

Question - Read error occurred at address......in Batch Mode No.33230
Viru  2003-01-10 14:48:07 ( ID:bsurazikbcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

When I encode AVIs to MPEG1 in batch mode, some AVI files get the 'Read error occurred at address....'.

If I reencode them, it encodes fine. Any ideas whats wrong here?

Regards,
Viru

C:video

marsu  2003-01-10 20:02:14 ( ID:junmviok1ww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I receive the same error - but not only read errors, I get some write errors as well.
Problem is: I can't reproduce the error. Sometimes it appears after 5 %, sometimes after 10 % of encoding - it seldomly gets more than 15 %. Any Ideas?
Help would really be very much appreciated!

Question - Underflow Multiplexing No.33228
Duniahijau  2003-01-10 14:14:18 ( ID:xi6onva9kvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before I convert the AVI to mpeg I demultiplex the WAV file, and then using the SCMPX I encode it to STD PAL VCD 44100Hz 244kbps stereo.
When I multiplexing the m1v and mp2 (from SCMPX) TMPGENC 2.59 always warned me that the mpeg is UNDERFLOW and might not be played.
I have found when I already made them a VCD, the sound is very poor with a click or something.
Anybody know how to repair my WAV file ?
It is a PCM 44100Hz 172kbps.

Thanks.

Minion  2003-01-11 08:15:53 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will Not get that error if you Use SCMPX with Tmpgenc, You can Load SCMPX to be the Audio encoder for Tmpgenc, Go to Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Audio Engine" and Load SCMPX as the Audio encoder..Now you won"t need to Multiplex the audio to the video Cuz Tmpgenc will do it while encodeing and you will still have SCMPX to encode the audio..

Question - AC3 audio No.33227
Bobby  2003-01-10 13:21:05 ( ID:vlkemahcicr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everybody ....
Does anyone know whether there is any way to timestretch an AC3 audio file and maintain all the seperate channels (such as would be done in Cooledit with a WAV file.)

Cheers

Question - AC3 audio No.33225
Bobby  2003-01-10 12:31:48 ( ID:vlkemahcicr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everybody ....
Does anyone know whether there is any way to timestretch an AC3 audio file and maintain all the seperate channels (such as would be done in Cooledit with a WAV file.)

Cheers

Minion  2003-01-11 08:09:39 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No Not with AC3, But you can convert the AC3 into a 6 chanel WAV file with HeadAc3e then use something like Cool edit or Sound forge to time stretch it then you would need to seperate all 6 chanels into 6 Mono wav files Cuz AC3 encoders only seem to accept Mono Wav Files and encode it back to AC3..But this is A very Long way to do it But I don"t know of any other way Cuz I don"t know of any Audio editing programs that accept AC3..

Question - Conversion Issues No.33223
Fenix  2003-01-10 09:01:51 ( ID:oeken0sigtm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is a revision of a previous question that i have posted. Origionally i was concered with the output of a 22 minute divx file converted to mpeg-1 being about ( approx 1h and 15min ) 650 megs. Now after making many attempts at different settings i have found that the video is converted properly for the most part. But the last frame is frozen for the remaining tie of the video, and no audio has been added or encoded.

thanks Fenix

ASHY  2003-01-10 12:13:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The last few frames must be corrupt. Two things you can do here, one is use the source range function to end the encode before the corrupt frame or use Virtualdub to try and fix the bad frames.

As for your audio problem use either AVImux or Virtualdub to extract the audio to a wav file and use that as your audio source.

ASHY

Question - No Audio No.33212
George  2003-01-10 07:15:47 ( ID:vngrin9sijo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TMPGenc plus version 2.53 with no problems. I used rip the DVD, use DVD2AVI and then load the dv2 file for video and the wav for audio. I've no problems. I recently downloaded 2.59 and now I am getting no audio, even though I have loaded the wav file. I tried suggestion of increasing the Direct Show priority (in the environment settings), but it hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

ASHY  2003-01-10 10:30:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, have you set the stream type setting to 'System(Video+Audio'?
If so goto Setting>Audio>Setting then click the play button. Can you hear any audio?

ASHY

Stanley  2003-01-10 14:18:31 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hy,
I´ve the same problem, but I´ve the version 2.54.
Okay, so I´m went to settings>audio>setting. But now I see that I can`t click the play button, because the button isn`t deposits. I really don´t know what to do. Please help

Stanley

ASHY  2003-01-10 14:34:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason you can't click the play button is because TMPG cannot decode your audio or there is no audio loaded.

Use virtualdub or AVImux to extract the audio to a wav.

ASHY

Stanley  2003-01-10 15:13:32 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And than???
I mean I have a wav file and an mpg2 file. But how can I bring them together???
Or should I first take the wave file out of my avi file and bring them by the encoding together???

Stanley

P.S. I must fixed the Browse

Sorry, but my English isn´t really good, isn´t it???

ASHY  2003-01-10 15:26:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, extract the wav file from your AVI then load the AVI as your Video source and the wav as your Audio source then encode.

ASHY

Stanley  2003-01-10 16:07:56 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oki, I want to proof this!
See ya in an hour or so! ty

Stanley

Stanley  2003-01-10 16:57:16 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So, I get AVImux. I don´t know how to serv.
Where are you from????

Stanley

Stanley  2003-01-10 18:33:41 ( ID:yg5.w/6oxqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtualdub I`have too. Which is better???
I don´t know how to manage, please help me!

Stanley

ASHY  2003-01-10 19:22:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVImux is more reliable as it can extract Ac3 to wav also.

Follow these instructions:

Load the AVI into avimux. Uncheck the Video, highlight the audio then right click it. Choose 'Select compression' from the menu and select PCM. In the next box choose the default which should be 44.100khz, 16bit, stereo.

Click 'Output AVI' and name your output with a wav extension then click 'Go'

If you have audio problems such as the sound breaking up in the extracted wav set the 'Pre-roll' and 'Interleave' settings to 100ms.

ASHY

Stanley  2003-01-10 20:51:10 ( ID:yg5.w/6oxqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry I don´t understand your explanation

Stanley

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.