TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 292 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question I want my option back to work with all decoders. I am a registered user. I demand it! Que2 4 2003-01-02 13:50:47
Question scrambled video after encoding using ReMPEG2 Sanmiguel2000 1 2002-12-30 23:14:28
Question stupid question? BH 3 2003-01-02 06:39:26
Question Tmpgenc Server Ernesto 0 2002-12-30 13:39:10
Question Batch Simple De(Multiplex) Muppit 1 2002-12-30 23:07:18
Question Uninstalling TMPGENC John 1 2002-12-30 23:05:15
Question tmpgenc svcd audio delay in standalone player Ramon 2 2002-12-31 13:17:33
Question No audio, tried VisualDub person17b 1 2002-12-30 11:26:49
Question Conversion Problem Frank 1 2002-12-30 23:00:11
Question problem with vcd HoRiZoN 3 2002-12-30 20:23:48
Free talk Handle 16:9 properly with any authoring software wcpaul 2 2002-12-31 18:11:32
Question can't open m2v danilkadan 4 2003-01-01 12:59:46

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 292 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - I want my option back to work with all decoders. I am a registered user. I demand it! No.32585
Que2  2002-12-30 17:14:34 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want my option back to work with all decoders. I am a REGISTERED USER I DEMAND THIS! V2.59 IS GREAT IF ALL THAT YOU DO IS CREATE DVD OR VCD CONTENT, BUT YOUR PROGRAM WAS A GREAT FORMAT CONVERTER AS WELL. The versions after this change seem to not even check the format of the file but only the extension of the file in selecting a decoder.

It also seemed that 2.54 and earlier versions actually checked the format of the file, not just the extension, before saying that it could not do anything with it. In working with all the decoders on your system it was a unique tool that had not blocks nor restrictions. If something didn't work ok it just doesn't work but sometimes you were able to do some surprising things such as asf -> mpeg2.

But I guess they gave into the pressure. But they should have at least given an unsupported option to enable promisciuos decoder mode!!!
The reason for this is they received to many support requests and etc.

I am purchased the Plus version and things went downhill big time since 2.5.4.
I almost wish that I had saved my money but I dream of the good ole days and hope they will bring it back and not just turn this into another piece of crap like DVDit (programmed to crash by people that do not know how to program correctly).
This is a tool. Just like a hammer you can use it for many purposes but they trust you not to wack someone in the head with it or hit your finger.

I just don't think that they trust the Plus or non plus users of the tool to be smart enough to realise they will have problems with some decoders. They could have just listed their supported decoders on paper as supported they did not have to cripple their software. If they want to coddle users release TMPGEnc Wizard mode only or something. I just think it was a stupid overhanded shortsighted descision.

Minion  2002-12-30 23:23:57 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t Know what you are Talking about..Nothing has Changed as of Version 2.54, the Only Change that there has Been is that Tmpgenc Now Supports More Mpeg2 decoders, and this change was Made in the 2.57 version..You can still encode ASF files and WMV files and any format that it has allways encoded...I capture Video to WMV and ASF sometimes and encode it to Mpeg and Tmpgenc Handles them Without a Problem...I think it is Your System that has Changed and not Tmpgenc...You wouldn"t By Chance have Downloaded the Media Player 9 version??? Cuz this can cause the Windows Media Codecs to Not work and make other codecs Not work properly.....

Que2  2002-12-31 20:47:58 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, for my Rant.
You sound like a resonable person.

I only have exp. with 2.54 and lower because they do not link downloads of the 2.57 version. I have tried various other places on the net but no luck in another non-site link for downloading this version for plus. They should have links to the older versions??

I was using the 2.54 version to create mpeg files.
I then was able to open the mpeg files again using browse.
(Note I did not do this using the mpeg tools because it would give me mpeg video and mpeg audio and not the wave export that I was expecting.
Both video and audio would be availible. I would then use the export audio to wav option to export to wave so that I can encode this to ac3.

I upgraded straight to the 2.59 version.
The good thing is that I can generate pcm/wav audio right from the get go. (Cool saves me a step.)
The bad thing is that I still had quite a few mpeg files to do the above process on.
I tried to load the mpeg files created with 2.5.4 through browse with this version and 2.5.9 told me that these were no longer valid files!
Using Mpeg-tools again was not a option because it only allows me to split the stream not export to wav.

I know you will prob. say that I can use some other tool to do this but I ask why? 2.5.4 did this fine and 2.5.7 might (I do not have this version)

I loaded the old 2.5.4 version alongside in another directory and tested quite a few different files and there were a few that could load in 2.5.4 which 2.5.9 seemed to out of hand reject.

So considering the changes involving decoding it seems to me the problem ...:)

Que2  2002-12-31 20:52:46 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as danilkadan's problem, it is the similar situation as being described here.

*I have not installed Media Player 9.
*I have tested the above on each of my 5 systems.

Que2  2003-01-02 13:50:47 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

?????????
?????????
?????????
?????????

Question - scrambled video after encoding using ReMPEG2 No.32583
Sanmiguel2000  2002-12-30 16:45:55 ( ID:yu2./gexbio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I am new to this DVD to DVD¡ÞR/W ripping methods. I followed the instructions IFOEdit Guides using ReMPEG2 from vchelp.com to reencode a DVD movie that has over 4.7 gb size that I would like to fit in 1 DVR+RW.
The original mpeg play well but after encode video scrambles or has some sort of static when playing with WinDVD. I'm using the standard setting provided by tmpgenc and Iam using win98 se and video card from ATI.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Minion  2002-12-30 23:14:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK...Your Question Doesn"t really Make Very Much sence...If you are useing the ReMpeg method of transcodeing your DVD then Where does Tmpgenc come in???ReMpeg is a Mpeg Transcoder so if you are useing Rempeg to transcode what are you useing Tmpgenc for??? and You said you are useing a Video Card by ATI, What does this have to do with Ripping a DVD??? or are you Captureing Video Through the ATI Card???as you can see your Question is a Bit confuseing, so Can you be a LOT more detailed in your Question and what you are doing...

Question - stupid question? No.32579
BH  2002-12-30 16:27:00 ( ID:qowohxq9kyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you get the audio and movie to burn together, if you need to use an editor which one do you recommend?

person17b  2002-12-30 18:45:52 ( ID:dpprt6p3d2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Stupid questions are the only ones I can answer ;)

So the layering of audio and video is one of the central
capabilities of tmpgenc. As soon as you begin the process
(either with the project wizard or manually), the first
thing you need to do is tell tmpgenc where to find your
audio and video files. That's it. When you have selected
whatever options you want, the software will "burn" them
together automatically. Just be aware that tmpgnc does not
handle all audio formats, and you may need to do some conversions
if you have problems. Check these boards for answers to these
questions.

For an editor, it depends on what you want to do exactly.
If you have basic stuff you need now (like fades, trims,
and simple effects), you might try Cool Edit 96 which is
free. Then if you need to upgrade to a more complete package
like Cool Edit 2000, it is an easy transition since the interface
is simple.

best luck,
dave

BH  2002-12-31 05:37:20 ( ID:qowohxq9kyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I mean on to a dvd after you've already encoded and the video file have been separated into mpg and wav files.

person17b  2003-01-02 06:39:26 ( ID:dpprt6p3d2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think that tempgenc does this step. it should create
one mpeg file containing the embedded audio that you can simply
burn to dvd with sumthing like Nero. Anyone please correct me as I
am having some audio problems myself.

dave

Question - Tmpgenc Server No.32578
Ernesto  2002-12-30 13:39:10 ( ID:aewnvxyrzpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anybody know anything about the release date of Tmpgenc Server? I think it was supposed to be out in 2002, but I'm afraid this project has been abandoned...

Question - Batch Simple De(Multiplex) No.32576
Muppit  2002-12-30 12:05:26 ( ID:hyuh2mwngq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I've got a Dazzle DVC II Capture Card (woo!).
After almost 12 months of fiddling I can finally get my VCD captures to play on my DVD player smoothly. (I'm getting to the point soon!).

The process I have to follow is....

- Capture using Moviestar 1500kbps Video (for XVCD) and 192Kbps Audio.
- Simple Demux the clip using TMPGENC
- Simple Mux the clip (VCD Non-standard) using TMPGENC.

Hey presto!
If anyone is wondering why I have to de-mux and re-mux its because Moviestar/Dazzle screw up the Video/Audio multiplexing around 20-30 minutes into the capture giving me a stuttering effect when its played back on my DVD player(Dansai 852) (plays fine on my pc though). Basically Dazzle should pull their bloody finger out and fix the prob.... (sigh!)

However my question is....

I capture maybe 10 seperate 50min clips at a time (my fav TV prog) and then start going through de-muxing and re-muxing the clips using TMPGENC. Is there any way of doing all clips as a batch process so I can leave my PC doing the work overnight????

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers!

Minion  2002-12-30 23:07:18 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think there is a Way with Tmpgenc But there is a Batch feature Useing BBMpeg for Muxing...

Question - Uninstalling TMPGENC No.32574
John  2002-12-30 11:49:42 ( ID:1rtc0nlthbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i uninstall tmpg, do i just delete the whole file?? i a worried about leaving unused parts being left on my computer could someone help me out here?

ssjgoketer1320@hotmail.com

thank you

Minion  2002-12-30 23:05:15 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You just delete the Folder that Tmpgenc is in..There will be Some registry entries left that will not let you download and Use a Tmpgenc DEMO again...

Question - tmpgenc svcd audio delay in standalone player No.32571
Ramon  2002-12-30 08:48:17 ( ID:ev7.eqqomr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have created several svcd files with tmpgenc (PAL svcd template), and in one of my standalone players the audio is delayed about 500 ms. I have tested the file in another player and in the PC, and the sound is OK.

If I use nero svcd pluging to encode the files, then the audio is OK in all players and in the PC.

Does anybody know any solution, or at least the reason for this delay?
Is it a problem of Tmpgenc, or Nero? (apart from a problem of my player :-) )

Thanks in advance,

Ramon

Minion  2002-12-30 23:03:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Burning to a To High of a Speed Can cause Sync problems, I usually will not burn any faster than 8 speed..And Bitrate spikes can cause the DVD player to Play the Video a Bit slower than the Audio, but besides this I can"t help...

ASHY  2002-12-31 13:17:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be a compatibility problem with your player and Nero.
Make sure you have the latest version. Don't burn at too high a speed.

Try another burning program. VCDeasy is a good one and free.
If you still have problems then try VOB Instant CD/DVD, which has been known to solve this problem.

ASHY

Question - No audio, tried VisualDub No.32569
person17b  2002-12-30 06:06:57 ( ID:dpprt6p3d2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey audio experts, here's one for u...

I have successfully encoded an AVI file to MPEG in TMPGEnc with
excellent video quality. However, the resulting MPEG does not
contain the audio track, no sound at all.

I used VisualDub to extract the audio to .wav (as the source was a
mix of wav and mp3), encoded again with separate video and audio
input files, and got the same result. The wav file seems intact
and functions properly in any player.

Any ideas? Are there any settings in TMPGEnc for audio or multiplexing
that would be relevant? There are some environment parameters including
sound, but none seem to be obvious fixes.

Appreciate any help,
Dave

person17b  2002-12-30 11:26:49 ( ID:dpprt6p3d2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After reading the boards more carefully, i have also tried using
AVI-MUX to no avail (avi-mux could not handle this otherwise
playable wav file).

I tried getting a view into the file with the abcAVI editor
but this did not indicate whether or not the audio contained
AC3 format.

Does anyone know if a sound editor like Cool Edit would be able
to normalize the wav format to make it readable by tmpgenc? The
original file was a Flash animation file exported to AVI (which
seems to have standard audio). Then 4 of these AVIs were spliced
in a storyline using Videowave 4 into one large AVI file. This
is where i suspect the encoding problem arises for the audio only.

unfortunately, i cannot export all 4 files at once from flash. as
a backup idea (and i will take any ideas from above), does the
merge feature in tmpgenc work only for merging layers such as
audio/image, or can u put multiple AVI files back-to-back to
create one long MPEG?

thanks in advance,
dave

Question - Conversion Problem No.32567
Frank  2002-12-30 05:58:48 ( ID:bxbpfbdfkaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have created/burned several VCDs with little or no problems but I am now having a problem trying to create a VCD from a mpg file that is 576x244. I know this is a odd size but I have done it once before.

No matter what settings I seem to apply the output on my DVD player appears blocky and very jerky.

Any ideas?? The usual symptons .. it plays on my PC fine. It is the same CDs I have used for other succesful VCD burns so I doubt it is that but I guess it is possible.

Thanks,
Frank

Minion  2002-12-30 23:00:11 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Jerky Playback is usually Caused By encodeing to the Wrong Frame rate..Make sure that you aren"t encodeing a Pal File to NTSC or a NTSC File to Pal, Tmpgenc does not convert frame rates Properly...

Question - problem with vcd No.32563
HoRiZoN  2002-12-30 05:33:07 ( ID:zl3cpvniix. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi everyone.. how ya all doin?
i was just wonderin if anybody could help me with a new vcd i tried 2 make.
i encoded the avi file into mpeg and it works fine. Then i tried 2 burn it with nero.. but it comes up with an error saying i don't have the right settings like the size. but i the movie i have is in widescreen.. so i encoded it in widescreen.. 16:9 ratio.. can i just burn it still? previously i encoded my avi in nero and it worked on my dvd player but the ratio was 4:3 and it looked really crappy..

anywayz.. 2 the next part of my problem.. i burnt my 16:9 mpeg i had just created with nero and when i played my new vcd.. it works on gdivx player as a vcd.. but when i try 2 play it on my dvd player.. the vcd plays.. but there is no picture.. can anyone help me plz...

thanx..

ASHY  2002-12-30 17:34:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have 16:9 TV?
16:9 is an illegal aspect ratio for VCD, but if you do it correctly it may still play in your player, but it is pointless encoding to 16:9 if your TV is 4:3

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-30 17:40:12 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have 16:9 TV?
16:9 is an illegal aspect ratio for VCD, but if you do it correctly it may still play in your player, but it is pointless encoding to 16:9 if your TV is 4:3

ASHY

Jim  2002-12-30 20:23:48 ( ID:/vrfvpjulvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Just encode your 16:9 video as 4:3 and in the expert settings select "full screen (keep aspect ratio)"

-Jim

Free talk - Handle 16:9 properly with any authoring software No.32560
wcpaul  2002-12-30 05:22:25 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since Ulead DWS no longer works without crashing, I had to come up a new way to handle anamorphic video.

The key was make the source Mpeg files be "4:3" so authoring programs like DVDit LE accept them and then use IfoEdit to change the aspect ratio setting in the final DVD database to 16:9.

Changing Mpeg files encoded as 16:9 to 4:3 can be done with several programs. The AVestensione tool at www.offeryn.com works. Or Demux and use:

PULLDOWN.EXE file_16x9.m2v file_4x3.m2v -nopulldown -aspect_ratio 4:3

After authoring to get a DVD-Video database, the VTS_*.IFO files (usually only one) associated with each group of VOB files need to be edited.

Start IfoEdit and open the IFO file. A few lines down will be the "Title Set (Movie) attributes:".

Double click the "Video:" line, select 16:9, hit OK, and then hit Save at the bottom. Answer "Yes" to save the BUP (backup) file as well.

That's it! Set top players will letterbox the video and software players will properly size the windows.

The only drawback is that you can't have 4:3 and 16:9 mixed in the same DVD since aspect ratio is set for an entire Title Set which typically includes all material.

Minion  2002-12-30 22:56:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an easier way of changeing the Flags from 4:3 to 16:9, download a Program called "DVD Patcher" it will let you patch the header of the file from 4:3 to 16:9 without makeing an extra file...

wcpaul  2002-12-31 18:11:32 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll have to give DVD patcher a try. The point of my post is really IfoEdit since that fixes the post authoring database when anamorphic source was intentionally ,or accidentally, set to 4:3.

There may be friendlier software than IfoEdit but the above exercise is a good way for people to cut their teeth on that powerful tool.

This all demonstrates how the DVD-Video software layer uses a single flag in the IFO file which has been derived from the settings of the Mpeg source files. That is where Ulead DWS is pretty cool because it creates two title sets when both aspect ratios are used in the same project.

Question - can't open m2v No.32555
danilkadan  2002-12-30 03:10:21 ( ID:exlp4k0jwoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI,

i'm trying to convert .m2v (video & sound) files to .mpeg files fixing aspectratio. it says that this software is able to do that, but when i try opening .m2v file it says can't open.

what can you suggest?

Que2  2002-12-30 17:08:27 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are trying to do this. Try an earlier version such as 2.54 or any version before they restricted the decoders that can be used and made some other changes that cause some files that should be supported and that did work in 2.54 to not to work anymore. It also seemed that 2.54 and earlier versions actually checked the format of the file, not just the extension, before saying that it could not do anything with it. In working with all the decoders on your system it was a unique tool that had not blocks nor restrictions. If something didn't work ok it just doesn't work but sometimes you were able to do some surprising things such as asf -> mpeg2.

But I guess they gave into the pressure. But they should have at least given an unsupported option to enable promisciuos decoder mode!!!
The reason for this is they received to many support requests and etc.

I am purchased the Plus version and things went downhill big time since 2.5.4.
I almost wish that I had saved my money but I dream of the good ole days and hope they will bring it back and not just turn this into another piece of crap like DVDit (programmed to crash by people that do not know how to program correctly).
This is a tool. Just like a hammer you can use it for many purposes but they trust you not to wack someone in the head with it or hit your finger.

I just don't think that they trust the Plus or non plus users of the tool to be smart enough to realise they will have problems with some decoders. They could have just listed their supported decoders on paper as supported they did not have to cripple their software. If they want to coddle users release TMPGEnc Wizard mode only or something. I just think it was a stupid overhanded shortsighted descision.

Minion  2002-12-30 22:54:24 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually it was the 2.57 version were they changed the Mpeg2 decoder, and as of that version Tmpgenc Supports Even More Mpeg2 decoders, Tmpgenc Still supports the Old "M2V.vfp" Decoder...and You can encode Many Different Formats Like ASF and WMV and ASX with Tmpgenc as you could will every other version, Most causes for Tmpgenc not working correctly on some systems is Because of the Configuration of the system and not Tmpgenc even though Tmpgenc can be a little Touchy at times....anyways To your Question, if you Have M2V file then you have a Mpeg file Cuz M2V is Mpeg but if you have to encode it anyways the Best way is to load the M2V file into DVD2AVI and Make a D2V project File and then encode that with tmpgenc, DVD2AVI decodes Much faster and Better than Tmpgenc"s decoders....

Que2  2002-12-31 20:51:05 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See my other message for the details.

As far as DVD2AVI being better I do not know.

You could do this with 2.5.4 without it giving you that error.

I know that for a fact.

ASHY  2003-01-01 12:59:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>See my other message for the details.

As far as DVD2AVI being better I do not know.

You could do this with 2.5.4 without it giving you that error.

I know that for a fact.

You seem to have missed the point entirely.
TMPG changed the way it handled decoders as of v2.57 not before.
The reason for this and a good reason too is to make TMPG more stable when working with third party codecs.
Some codecs are unpredictable in use and some are just downright crap, not all MPEG2 codecs are the same.

TMPG still works with MPEG2 codecs for decoding, the ones in question being Sony, Cyberlink and Ligos. That's a choice of three which have been fully tested with TMPG and are supported to work.

In the earlier versions of TMPG I used a version of the Ligos codecs which are now incompatible with the new versions of TMPG, so I now use the Cyberlink codec which can be downloaded from most codec sites.

As for DVD2AVI, lets just say there is no better MPEG2 decoder available. If you want best quality fast decoding then DVD2AVI is the best bet.

>HI,

i'm trying to convert .m2v (video & sound) files to .mpeg files fixing aspectratio. it says that this software is able to do that, but when i try opening .m2v file it says can't open.

what can you suggest?

To answer this original question. There is no need to re-encode the file to change the aspect ratio. The aspect ratio is simply a flag which can be changed quite easily with certain software.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.