TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 298 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question unwanted chapter created Rahul Kumar 11 2003-01-02 17:07:13
Question Can not open .avi-File K_O_M_E_T 1 2002-12-26 00:25:11
Request Warning message Mpeg Obsession 0 2002-12-25 14:57:06
Question scrambled video after encoding Swatch 1 2002-12-28 09:15:11
Question commandline option /close mcr 0 2002-12-25 10:56:27
Question How come the bitrate wont go below 1600 kb/sec? Alex 2 2002-12-27 02:13:07
Question Simple De-Multiplex Billy 11 2002-12-26 02:51:55
Question "Not Enough Memory" error alfamonke 1 2002-12-24 19:08:29
Question Trouble with VCD's in DVD Player Twr6444 7 2002-12-30 23:55:05
Question How to get best quality SVCD? Questar 6 2002-12-26 04:40:27
Question question . 1 2002-12-26 00:05:31
Question vcd problem . 4 2002-12-24 22:41:05

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 298 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - unwanted chapter created No.32363
Rahul Kumar  2002-12-25 17:57:19 ( ID:vw.nb08yx8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I convert edited DV footage to mpeg-2 with 2-pass VBR. Then burn it on CD-R and play on my Daewoo DVD player. DVD player shows each of my mpeg files as devided into several chapters, some of them just 3-4 sec long.

I am using 2.59. I had this problem with version 2.56 also but did not have this problem with version 2.52

Is there a way to have just one chapter.

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 18:19:49 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You convert it to SVCD?
How do you burn it?
With what program?

Mpeg Obsession

Rahul Kumar  2002-12-25 19:51:39 ( ID:vw.nb08yx8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I convert to DVD NTSC. It creates a mpg file. Then I just copy this file to a CD-R using Adaptec Direct CD. Some players like Daewoo 3000N can play an mpeg file from a CD-R.

Rahul Kumar  2002-12-25 19:59:40 ( ID:vw.nb08yx8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I convert to DVD NTSC. It creates a mpg file. Then I just copy this file to a CD-R using Adaptec Direct CD. Some players like Daewoo 3000N can play an mpeg file from a CD-R.

Minion  2002-12-26 00:27:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you don"t want the Space Between the files then Join the Files into one Big file....

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-26 02:47:57 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Chapter information is not something that is saved within the MPEG files.... Maybe your DVD player recognizes closed GOPs as chapters or something... Can't think of something else...

mpeg obsession

Rahul Kumar  2002-12-26 14:20:58 ( ID:vw.nb08yx8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Mpeg Obsession,

Let me try making a file with open GOP.

Is there a way to find out wether GOP is closed or not in a mpeg file. I have some old files created by version 2.52 and these are treated as one single chapter in my DVD player.

Rahul Kumar  2002-12-27 02:29:47 ( ID:vw.nb08yx8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried uncheking "Closed GOP" and also tried "Output interval of seq header" = 0 and 1. It always adds headers at regular intervals.

"Output interval of seq header" = 1 adds a few more headers than that with 0.

Is there a way to disable this seq header. Will it make a difference if I use CBR instead of VBR ?

Rahul Kumar  2002-12-27 03:22:32 ( ID:vw.nb08yx8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried uncheking "Closed GOP" and also tried "Output interval of seq header" = 0 and 1. It always adds headers at regular intervals.

"Output interval of seq header" = 1 adds a few more headers than that with 0.

Is there a way to disable this seq header. Will it make a difference if I use CBR instead of VBR ?

ASHY  2002-12-27 20:24:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I convert to DVD NTSC. It creates a mpg file. Then I just copy this file to a CD-R using Adaptec Direct CD. Some players like Daewoo 3000N can play an mpeg file from a CD-R.

Why are you using the DVD template if you are writing to CDR? These settings are NOT correct for SVCD.

Secondly what do you mean you are using 'Direct CD'. You can't possibly be using 'direct cd' as this is packet writing program and is not using a file system compatible for SVCD or VCD burning.

Do you mean you are using EasyCD creator? If so your first job should be to dump this crap and use Nero or VCDeasy for burning your MPEGs.

It's not a good idea to burn raw MPEGs to CDR even if your player supports it.
The main reason is that the disk is incompatible with 99% of the worlds players. By simply using the VCD or SVCD burning option in any burning program your disk will become compatible for play in other players.

If your player develops a fault and you decide to purchase a new one. The new player may not support raw MPEGs leaving you with a stack of movies on disk you can't play.

Think about it....

ASHY

Twr6444  2002-12-30 23:04:09 ( ID:hyzu0hevakr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the tips ASHY. I am using imation CD-R's 700mb 80 min. Got the same results using Nero. Very Frustrated. any other ideas are appreciated.

Rahul Kumar  2003-01-02 17:07:13 ( ID:vw.nb08yx8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I solved my chapter problem. I used HP MyCD instead Adaptec Direct CD, for writing the mpeg file. I have no idea why this makes any difference.

I know this makes my CD-R incompatible with most of the DVD players but I am creating mini DVD so that I have my movies stored in the best format until I am able get hold of a DVD writer.

Question - Can not open .avi-File No.32361
K_O_M_E_T  2002-12-25 17:01:30 ( ID:v.tjhkgz0hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I've got a problem by opening an .avi-File. Everytime I try to, TMPEG shows me the message "*.avi can not open, or unsupported". All other avi-Files can be opened without any problems. I arleady changed the priority of the avi-Files, but it didn't help.
Now, the question: Is there a plugin or something like that, which could help?

If somebody's got an idea I would be very grateful.

K_O_M_E_T

Minion  2002-12-26 00:25:11 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you raised the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" and it didn"t help then all you can try is to Frame serve the file to Tmpgenc....

Request - Warning message No.32360
Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 14:57:06 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why not write next to the "Submit" button a warning against using the "Re-load" key?

Question - scrambled video after encoding No.32358
Swatch  2002-12-25 10:58:49 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the original mpeg play well but after encode video scrambles at certain frame.
i'm using the standard setting provided by tmpgenc. my os is winxp+sp1. i wonder what's the problem.

Swatch  2002-12-28 09:15:11 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

anyone pls help

Question - commandline option /close No.32357
mcr  2002-12-25 10:56:27 ( ID:kvp1dnubqzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi !

If I start TMpeg with the options /batch and /close it will display the result log after encoding and waits for me to OK it. After that it will close as expected.
I think if you want it to close you don't want to say OK before, do you ?

Is there an option to skip this log (as Tmpeg does when selecting "shutdown" manually)? (I mean did I miss something ?)
Or is there a commandline option to shutdown ?

(If this is important: Tmpeg Free Version 2.58.44.152 - Core 1.90.140 )

Merry Christmas
M.

Question - How come the bitrate wont go below 1600 kb/sec? No.32354
Alex  2002-12-25 05:38:55 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPGEnc to convert an .avi to .mpg in order to make a VCD, but the file is just over 80 mins long, so it is unable to fit on one CD. I tried to make the avi into a mpeg-2 for a SVCD, but the bitrate will not go below 1600 kb/sec, and again the file won't fit onto one CD. I am aware that the film will be lower quality but I would prefer to have it on one SVCD rather than in two parts with higher quality. Is there some technical reason why the bitrate is unable to go below 1600, or is it just too bad quality?

Minion  2002-12-26 00:22:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is No way in Hell you will get 80 minutes on a CD-R in SVCD Format, you will Only get 80 minutes in VCD format and the Quality will Be really Bad, and This version of Tmpgenc has a Bug in it that will not let you use a Bitrate lower than Standard for VCD..The Most you can get on a CD-r in SVCD Format would Be 50-60 and that would be pushing it...In allmost ALL Cases you will Have to use at least 2 CD-R"s to Put a whole 1.5-2 hour Movie...To lower the Bitrate you have to load the "Unlock.mcf" template from the "Extra" Folder...

Alex  2002-12-27 02:13:07 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, I guess it was pretty stupid to try to get the quality that low anyway. It was just me being too lazy to copy the avis all onto atleast two cds.

Question - Simple De-Multiplex No.32342
Billy  2002-12-25 01:48:48 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the purpose of the Simple De-Multiplex option in TMPGEnc? I read the conversion tutorial at Doom9.org and it says to go do that option after it finishes converting and go to bbMPEG to paste it together. But after it finishes converting, isn't the audio and video already together? Is this really necessary? I don't find much difference.

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 02:13:57 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

De-Multiplex means that you take a file with audio and video and make two files from it, one audio only and one video only.

If you converted a source file that has audio and video then they are multiplexed into one file (togather) by deafult, unless you have chosen specifically to make a video only or audio only file.

What BBMpeg does is to multiplex audio and video streams togather. It has more options then TMPGEnc does so it can increase the file's competability with some programs. I use it very rarely in very specific cases, as 99.9% of the time TMPGEnc does a fine job for me...

What kind of conversion have you done? To VCD? Or SVCD?

Mpeg Obsession

Billy  2002-12-25 07:21:07 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did normal VCD this time and I didn't have to do the source range because it said if the video file was under 80 minutes (for VCD), then you don't have to do the source range. The conversion finished successfully! Should I do the Simple De-Multiplex?

Billy  2002-12-25 07:34:13 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just found out, the finished MPG is 1.30GB! How can I make it smaller? Will I have to cut it after all? I'm hoping to use only one CDR. The CDR I'm using is 700MB and 80MIN. Please help! I didn't De-Multiplex it yet.

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 09:19:58 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Under 80min but 1.3GB? What settings/bitrate did you use? Didn't you load the VCD tamplete?

Billy  2002-12-25 19:29:32 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hehe...I wanted better quality so I set the VCD(PAL) template first (because it was 25fps) then I went to unlock and went to the bitrate to set it to Automatic VBR, quality is 50 and the maximum bitrate is 2520 and the minimum bitrate is 0. But, there was not one single error!

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 19:51:14 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you change the bitrate, under "System" you have to change the stream type to "VCD Non standard". If you didn't while encoding then go to "File->Mpeg tools->Multiplex" add your converted file, and under the type list select "VCD Non standard".

You now have only one option: Split it to two discs, each having 40min, or what ever will fit on one disc.

No other alternatives unfortunatly. Only other way is to reduce the bitrate to the standard (of a normal VCD): that is- 1150kbps, where every 1min of video equels 1min of space on a CD.

Also, 2520kbps is quite high, at some point it gets to be a waste of space, I got perfect results at 1820-1900, and are you sure your DVD player can play such high bitrate MPEG1? (Fact that it can play very high bitrat of MPEG-2 doesn't allways mean it can play high bitrate of MPEG-1)

Mpeg Obsession

Billy  2002-12-25 20:43:44 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So if I don't want to split it to 2 discs, I'll have to re-encode again and have a smaller bitrate? I'm wondering why it takes me so long to convert one movie, about 15 hours! Thanks for the help.

Billy  2002-12-25 21:04:58 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I work the Merge & Cut option? I added my movie file and then double-clicked on the file name. Then an error occurred saying "Could not initialize DirectShow". But you can still press the up and down buttons for Range. Do I select "00:00:00" for the first box?

Minion  2002-12-26 00:11:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I can"t get the Merge & Cut to Work which is Quite often ,I use BBMpeg"s Multiplexor to Cut the File and set it to Cut the File at every 750-795mb,,this works really well ....

Billy  2002-12-26 01:16:22 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where do I download that? Actually, I think the Merge & Cut option works fine. Only the DirectShow is the problem...so I'll try that.

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-26 02:51:55 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion, using bbmpeg could be better cause you can select to split not only by time, but also by file size.
you can find it here http://www.doom9.org
look for it in the download section.

mpeg obsession

Question - "Not Enough Memory" error No.32340
alfamonke  2002-12-24 19:05:14 ( ID:pbzv1h8nb9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i start to make a vcd it gives me an error of either "not enough memory" or not enough virtual memory. but last night it worked. i set 2 files to batch encode, and the first worked, the second didnt. so i rebooted, and now it just gives me those errors. any ideas on what happened?

alfamonke  2002-12-24 19:08:29 ( ID:pbzv1h8nb9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

p.s. i have plenty of hd space, ram and virtual memory to run the program to vcd, it just doesnt work

Question - Trouble with VCD's in DVD Player No.32332
Twr6444  2002-12-24 18:25:10 ( ID:hyzu0hevakr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having trouble with Making VCD's. I am using TMPGenc with the standard VCD format. THe VCD's play perfectly from my hard drive, and they play fine on the computer. When I try them in a DVD they play half way thru just fine and then breakup badly to the point they wont play anymore. Both DVD players I use are VCD compatable. Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

ASHY  2002-12-25 11:45:35 ( ID:z38op/mumwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have burned the disk too fast.
Many DVD players have problems with disks burned at high speed. The problem is that too many errors are introduced to the disk when burned at high speeds and VCD can't handle this as it corrupts the MPEG data. PC's seem to handle this much better as the drives are better at reading CDR's.

Lower your speed and if you can burn at 4x this will be best.

ASHY

Twr6444  2002-12-26 17:52:46 ( ID:hyzu0hevakr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the response. I burned the VCD at 4x with Roxio. How can I burn it any slower? roxio won't let me change this setting. Thanks.

Paladin  2002-12-27 08:37:42 ( ID:vphbfx2xvgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The range of burn speed is dependent on your CD burner. The software can't over-ride the hardware's specifications without damaging the hardware. I have a Sony burner with a range of 1x-32x and a Lite-on with a range of 4x-32x. No matter if I use Nero, CDRWin, or CloneCD, my Lite-on will never allow me to burn slower then 4x.

ASHY  2002-12-27 20:36:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are already burning at 4x then you shouldn't have problem.
Have you cut this file at all?

Your best bet is to use another burning program. Roxio is absolutely crap for VCD burning.
Use NERO or VCDeasy.

If you still have problems then it is likely your player doesn't like your disks.
The problem exists because some cheap disks have unstable dyes which become harder to read as heat builds up in the player heating the disk and the dye.

Try another disk type and don't use CDRW.

For your info the Datasafe brand are quite cheap, but are excellant for VCD burning. The best I have ever used and I have tried most. Just make sure they are the ones made by RITEK.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-27 23:55:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your best bet is to use another burning program. Roxio is absolutely crap for VCD burning.
Use NERO or VCDeasy.

If you still have problems then it is likely your player doesn't like your disks.
The problem exists because some cheap disks have unstable dyes which become harder to read as heat builds up in the player heating the disk and the dye.

For your info the Datasafe brand are quite cheap, but are excellant for VCD burning. The best I have ever used and I have tried most. Just make sure they are the ones made by RITEK.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-28 00:45:21 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use NERO or VCDeasy.

ASHY

Twr6444  2002-12-30 23:55:05 ( ID:hyzu0hevakr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you are already burning at 4x then you shouldn't have problem.
>Have you cut this file at all?
>
>Your best bet is to use another burning program. Roxio is absolutely crap for VCD burning.
>Use NERO or VCDeasy.
>
>If you still have problems then it is likely your player doesn't like your disks.
>The problem exists because some cheap disks have unstable dyes which become harder to read as heat builds up in the player heating the disk and the dye.
>
>Try another disk type and don't use CDRW.
>
>For your info the Datasafe brand are quite cheap, but are excellant for VCD burning. The best I have ever used and I have tried most. Just make sure they are the ones made by RITEK.
>
>ASHY

Thanks ASHY

Had the same results with Nero. I use Imation CD-R's 80 min 700 MB. What retailers sell the RITEK CD's? Any other ideas appreciated.

Question - How to get best quality SVCD? No.32325
Questar  2002-12-24 16:19:25 ( ID:gruhvhryveh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone,

Assuming that encode time doesn't matter, what encode settings will give me the best SVCD?

Thanks for your help!

ASHY  2002-12-24 17:07:39 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Experience and lots of trial and error are your best tools.

ASHY

Questar  2002-12-24 18:18:29 ( ID:gruhvhryveh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy,

Thanks for the reply. What I was looking for was what encode type has the best output, 2 pass, constant quality?

I've used 2 pass in the past, but am I missing something?

Thanks again.

Minion  2002-12-24 22:43:18 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Constant Quality will Give you the Best Quality for encodeing Clean Sources But if your Source file isn"t very good Quality you might get Slightly better results with 2 pass.......

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 01:30:06 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I sugest useing either CQ or CBR, depending on how long your movie is... TMPGEnc's 2-pass VBR is very problematic, especially in low bitrates so I wouldn't use it...

M-O

ASHY  2002-12-25 11:55:35 ( ID:z38op/mumwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

CQ VBR is the way to go. It almost always gives better results than the 2 pass.

Try these settings and I think u will agree:

Rate control - Constant quality(CQ)
Min bitrate - 1800
Max bitrate - 4000 (if player can handle it)
Quality - 65
Motion search precision - high quality
VBV buffer size '0' (automatic)
Audio bitrate -160

These should allow a 100min regular movie to fit 2 80min disks.

ASHY

Questar  2002-12-26 04:40:27 ( ID:gruhvhryveh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I tried CQ 0-2000 bit rate (the limit of my player), 192k sound, 100 quality.

Looked beutiful to me, with a little blockiness showing is a fire scene.

Thanks again for your help!

Question - question No.32323
.  2002-12-24 15:44:21 ( ID:hrbmue5ik0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i had a movie in avi and i wanted to make a vcd from the avi ...
can i see this vcd's files in my computer??

Minion  2002-12-26 00:05:31 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please explain your Question Better????

Question - vcd problem No.32318
.  2002-12-24 14:51:11 ( ID:hrbmue5ik0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i just made a vcd but i can't see the video why is that..

ASHY  2002-12-24 14:54:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is your TV switched on.....?

.  2002-12-24 15:23:14 ( ID:hrbmue5ik0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i had a movie in avi and i wanted to make a vcd from the avi ...
can i see this vcd's files in my computer??

Igariok  2002-12-24 20:43:05 ( ID:qq3q4fyzmhr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The file writen on the vcd is in DAT format just open windoes media player or whatever you use and point to the file.

Minion  2002-12-24 22:41:05 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you see a Picture in the Tmpgenc window while you were encodeing???? If you didn"t then there is No Picture in the File and the AVI wasn"t encoded Properly....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.