TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 299 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question 2 Gig file size issue John Kun 5 2002-12-25 14:51:57
Question Tmpgenc recognizes not all Frames??? Lydafo 4 2002-12-25 12:25:33
Question Green Bottom Edge out of correct AVI-File Bert 4 2002-12-28 08:44:00
Question Help File missing? edw 1 2002-12-24 14:05:31
Question SVCD Help Billy 3 2002-12-24 19:27:18
Question Motion 2 B.R.Productions 2 2002-12-24 06:53:41
Question Encoding a file that is 12.500 fps mookah 1 2002-12-23 20:16:14
Question Blocky Image Billy 1 2002-12-23 22:17:03
Question convert ¡Æraw¡Ç video with TMPGEnc BEFORE using Show Biz? Philip 1 2002-12-24 19:25:23
Bug report Temporary WAV file gets created unnecessarily Uwe 0 2002-12-23 15:12:37
Bug report Soften Block Noise settings cut-off at bottom of window jmttmpgenc 2 2002-12-23 13:19:17
Question Motion B.R.Productions 1 2002-12-23 10:53:10

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 299 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - 2 Gig file size issue No.32312
John Kun  2002-12-24 14:08:31 ( ID:4gscnyrpa0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I encode an MPEG 2 file, i reach a file size that is over 2 gig which Nero says is too large for an ISO file system . What do I do??? What file format shout I use to burn to a DVD//

ASHY  2002-12-24 14:52:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't burn MPEG2 files directly to DVD with NERO. You have to author them first with DVD authoring software to create the correct format.

ASHY

jkun  2002-12-24 17:54:11 ( ID:4gscnyrpa0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What software due you recommend to author????

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 09:23:29 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can find few free programs for that in www.doom9.org

M-O

ASHY  2002-12-25 12:15:23 ( ID:z38op/mumwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can find most here:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/authoring.html

ASHY

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-25 14:51:57 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can find few free programs for that in www.doom9.org

M-O

Question - Tmpgenc recognizes not all Frames??? No.32307
Lydafo  2002-12-24 13:54:08 ( ID:5cnsbyzghmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello guys
i got some problem
my tmpgenc recognizes not all Frames when i convert a m2v file from
7500 kbit to 5500 he recognizes yust ~72000 frames but the movie have 176000 frames so he cuts the movie after 55min. and says finished but the rest of the movie is missing :/ what do i wrong ? ;(

have phun
Lydafo

ASHY  2002-12-24 17:19:35 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Option>Enviromental setting>VFAPI plugins. Raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader to '2'
Restart TMPG and load file again.

ASHY

Lydafo  2002-12-24 21:25:54 ( ID:o/avy9kcnkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tryed that but the same i open file he says 70000 frames but the file have 173000 :///
any other ideas please ?

cu Lydafo

Minion  2002-12-24 22:38:19 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well all the frames after 70000 could be Corrupted...If you go to the source range and scan to the end of the file what is there? does the movie end after 70000 frames or do they Just turn Black?? You can try to Frame serve the File with AVISynth of Virtual Dub and see if they read all the frames, if they only read 70000 frames then they Problem is Probably with your File....

ASHY  2002-12-25 12:25:33 ( ID:z38op/mumwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The best way would be to load the file into DVD2AVI and create a d2v project file then load this into TMPG.

DVD2AVI is much better at decoding MPEG2 files than most other software and codecs and works very well with TMPG.

ASHY

Question - Green Bottom Edge out of correct AVI-File No.32302
Bert  2002-12-24 12:57:24 ( ID:dcp3cik6wac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hallo!

With the very last release I get an uncorrect MPEG2 file. At the bottom of the whole movie, there is a green line. The AVI file (created by Pinnacle Studio7) does not show this line. There's also no problem, when creating an MPEG2-file directly with Pinnacle Studio7.

Any idea?

Michael

ASHY  2002-12-24 13:10:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is an aspect ratio problem. The AVI must be an illegal size. It must be in multiples of 16.
You can correct this with Virtualdub then frameserve to TMPG.

ASHY

Bert  2002-12-27 14:12:36 ( ID:dcp3cik6wac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>This is an aspect ratio problem. The AVI must be an illegal size. It must be in multiples of 16.

The size is exactly the same as of the target MPEG: 720 x 576

I found out, that this green line is not fully coloured. It's transparent-green. PowerDVD doesn't show it, so maybe it's not a faulty AVI-file. But PowerDVD shows it in the MPEG. Why?

Pinnacle Studio MPEG-encoder deletes this line and changes its colour to black, as I found out, when exporting the movie directly to MPEG with Studio7.

>You can correct this with Virtualdub then frameserve to TMPG.

Ok, I have downloaded VDub. How can I connect TMPGenc to it and how can I set the video-size?

The easiest way seems to be, to set the very last line to black. How can I achieve this?

Bert

ASHY  2002-12-28 01:02:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is probably simpler to just mask this green line with TMPG.

Load your AVI then click 'setting' click the 'advanced tab' then the 'clip frame' filter. Tick 'bottom mask' then adjust the setting so that the line is masked then encode as normal.

ASHY

Bert  2002-12-28 08:44:00 ( ID:dcp3cik6wac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Load your AVI then click 'setting' click the 'advanced tab' then the 'clip frame' filter. Tick 'bottom mask' then adjust the setting so that the line is masked then encode as normal.

Thanks a lot! That's exaktly what I wanted to do, but didn't know how.

Bert

Question - Help File missing? No.32300
edw  2002-12-24 11:49:31 ( ID:u82gpcsu3qm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All,

I tried to figure out how one can make a fast file size estimation like the way it is done by DVD2SVCD (doom9) but didn't figure out how this works. Therefore I tried to look at the help, but no help file was found ...
So could anyone point me to some in depth help of tmpg features and/or tell me how to do such a fast estimation.

Thanx a lot
edw.

ASHY  2002-12-24 14:05:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download TMPG plus for the helpfile

ASHY

Question - SVCD Help No.32296
Billy  2002-12-24 02:09:45 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need some help again. I'm trying to make an SVCD movie. The source file is 25.000fps and size 320x185. I'm pretty sure it's 1 hour 39 minutes and 44 seconds long. I'm using TMPGEnc of course and I'm following this guide:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgencsvcd.htm

What I don't get is to cut the movie in half. How can it fit even if you cut it in half? And besides, after you cut it in half, when you burn the CD with Nero, it has a 5 second pause that I can't do anything about. Also, it takes 8 hours to burn the first part and probably another 8 hours for the second part. And TMPGEnc suddenly messed up when burning the first part for some unknown reason. Something about the stream. Please help!

Minion  2002-12-24 07:00:39 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your Makeing a Pal SVCD?? and you want to Cut it in Half or Encode it in Half??? You can do both..if you go to "Settings" to "Source Range" and Double Click it, here is were you can set it to encode the first half or any part of the File...Or you can encode the Whole file and cut it in Half with the Editor..Go to "File" to Mpeg Tools" to "Merge & Cut" here you can cut the file in half...and What are you talking about with takeing 8 hours to Burn the File to disk?? It shouldn"t take more than 10-15 minutes to burn the File to a Disk in VCD/SVCD Format, Or are you letting Nero Re-Encode the Movie?? If so thats a Big No No.....

ASHY  2002-12-24 13:23:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have mad some 'BIG' mistakes here. You have done almost everything wrong!

Firstly to cut the movie in half you use the Merge&Cut feature in the MPEGtools.

Secondly when you cut you are supposed to put each part on a different disk not burn both to the same disk.

Thirdly the pause is automatically put in by Nero between tracks, but can be removed by right clicking the file and selecting properties, but you wont need to do this because you are not going to burn both parts on one disk, so you will only have the one track.

Lastly you have loaded an ordinary MPEG2 file into TMPG, I guess you cut this movie and didn't use 'MPEG2 Super VideoCD(VBR)' as the stream setting when you cut it.

This will cause NERO to give you an 'Illegal stream error' which is why you are saying TMPG messed up. You messed up not TMPG.
What has happened is Nero has re-encoded the file again which is why it took 8 hours.
Burning only takes minutes.

Go back to your SVCD guide and read it very carefully again!

ASHY

Billy  2002-12-24 19:27:18 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the replies but let me make it more clearer because I still don't understand. First, I have an AVI (DivX) file that's 1 hour 39 minutes and 43 seconds long. I first used VDub to make a WAV of the audio. The AVI source file is 25.000fps and I want to put the movie onto one SVCD. I read this how-to:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgencsvcd.htm

They said that if I had a source file that's more than 60 minutes, it's best that I should cut it in half so I followed their directions for source range as best I can and selected the first half of the movie to convert to MPG. For the mcf thing under "Load" in TMPGEnc, I chose SVCD(PAL).mcf. So I started the conversion for the first half of the movie, this will take 10 hours! While it was at 41%, a error occurred in TMPGEnc saying "Illegal Stream Error" or something like that and the conversion stopped at 41%.

I am currently scanning the source AVI for bad frames like you said ASHY.

Question - Motion 2 No.32293
B.R.Productions  Home )  2002-12-23 19:45:59 ( ID:cazxnolcgda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know this has been discussed before, but I
don't see a solution for me. I know it has
something to do with interlacing video and the
field order.
I encode with Tmpeg 2.58
Here are my settings:
Video:

Stream - Mpeg-2 video
size - 720 x 480
aspect - 4:3
Frame rate - 29.97fps
rate control - 2-pass VBR
Profile - Main Profile &Main Level(MP@ML)
format - NTSC
encode - Interlace
yuv - 4:2:0
DC - 10 bits
Motion - Highest quality

Advanced

video - Interlace
Field - Bottom first(B)
source - 4:3 525 line(NTSC)
video arrange - Full Screen

GOP structure

I = 1
P = 3
B = 2
header = 1

most of the DVD is fine, looks wonderful.
But I have 2 clips and a motion menu that
has caused me grief. The two clips seem
to strobe just a little especially where
there is high motion, lines even appears
in those areas. The motion menu is a transistion
from one menu to the next, high movement.
It shows lots of lines. The rest of the DVD plays
fine.
In preview, on Tmpeg I have used the Deinterlace
under Advanced menu and scrubed through to check.
This seems to solve the problem but create another.
The motion is Rock solid, but the still part
of the video seems to be blurred when using this
solution. Help.

ASHY  2002-12-23 20:31:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have just discovered one of the quirks of DVD.

On a lot of DVD's the menu's and extras are encoded in a different way to the main movie.

Whereas the main movie is probably stored as FILM with 3:2 pulldown added, the extras and clips are mixture of FilM content and non FILM content.

The reason for this is that the clips are created at a different time to the main movie in a different way and then just hashed together with the main movie to create one complete DVD.

It plays back smoothly when watched, but causes a big headache when trying to encode it.

So what you are trying to do is use the same process on different types of encoding which really need to be tackled differently.

The way to do this is to encode the menu and extras first using whichever filters give the best result then encode the main movie.
Then you join both parts together with the MPEG tools and then author as normal.

ASHY

wcpaul  2002-12-24 06:53:41 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Strobing during motion sounds a lot like incorrect field order. Especially if the source is video, not film. "Bottom" field is correct for DV but many analog capture cards are "top field first".

Search for a program called "PULLDOWN.EXE". Among other very useful things it can flip the field order flags without having to reencode.

A foolproof way to determine field order before burning is to use something like avisynth to show each field as a complete frame (bob deinterlace) and step through the video. Avisynth assumes bottom field first so if the frames are jerky, you have top first video. (Use the ComplementParity command to smooth out the video and confirm.)

I have never tried it, but starting the entire encode process in wizard mode is supposed to enable field order detection. Give that a shot and see if top gets selected.

Question - Encoding a file that is 12.500 fps No.32291
mookah  2002-12-23 19:37:55 ( ID:.pz0jbksqol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently downloaded an avi file that plays well on my PC, looks good, sounds good but I can't seem to encode it in either pal or ntsc. The frame rate is 12.5 fps. Does anybody know what settings may be needed to overcome this and eventually get the file on VCD?

Many thanks in advance for replies.

ASHY  2002-12-23 20:16:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes there is an easy way to do this with TMPG.

Load in your file as normal in TMPG then load the PAL VCD template. Click Setting>Video.
Next click where it says 'Framerate' and choose 'unlock' from the menu.
This will unlock the setting.
Now click the setting button. This will pop up a box.
Input these Values 25 / 2 = 12.5fps then click 'OK'

In the framerate box it should now say 12.5 fps(internally 25 fps)

Now go ahead and encode. Your AVI will be encoded at 25 fps.

NOTE: This option is better than simply loading the VCD template then encoding as TMPG will do a framerate conversion to 25 fps. TMPG cannot do this correctly and will exhibit undesirable effects such as jerky playback.

Doing it this way will maintain the original framerate, but instruct your player to add extra frames to create the correct 25 fps framerate when playing back.
Even so at this low framerate there maybe some playback artifacts to be expected.

ASHY

Question - Blocky Image No.32289
Billy  2002-12-23 19:31:03 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again, after I converted my AVI files, they have lots of blocky images when put on the TV. For instance, in a very dark scene with lots of black colors, you can see lots of blocks. I would make an SVCD but it always comes out screwed up on the TV, meaning there's lots of unwanted trash everywhere covering up the entire video!

Minion  2002-12-23 22:17:03 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those Blocks are From have a Low Bitrate, to eliminate the Blocks Try raiseing the Bitrate...

Question - convert ¡Æraw¡Ç video with TMPGEnc BEFORE using Show Biz? No.32287
Philip  2002-12-23 19:09:39 ( ID:ibybykgrg1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do I use TMPGEnc (recently purchased) to convert ¡Æraw¡Ç video BEFORE using Show Biz?

Or do I create movies with ShowBiz first, and then run them through TMPGEnc, then onto MY DVD? Which method gives the best results?

I am using Show Biz 1.2.3.11 to capture video clips from Sony DCR PC5, and MY DVD 4.0.1 to create DVD.

Eric J  2002-12-24 19:25:23 ( ID:8w4j.tnrkzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am not personally familiar with Show Biz, but I believe it is a video editor. (I am assuming it is the Arcsoft title that I got with my Pioneer A05, but I have never used it as I use Adobe Premiere.)

If this is the case, you would likely use Show Biz to edit your content, then save your project as an AVI. This AVI would then be the input for TMPGEnc to create MPEG-2 file that MyDVD will use.

Note that with some video editors, such as Premiere, you can frameserve directly to TMPGEnc. This cuts out the intermediate step of creating a new AVI based on the editing of your source AVIs, and just feeds an output stream to TMPGEnc. I do not know whether this is available with Show Biz.

I would further suggets that you configure TMPGEnc to create separate video (.m2v) and audio (.wav) elementary streams, which MyDVD will import. This setting is on the main screen, lower right, under "Stream Type", where you select ES (Video + Audio). The audio should be set for 48 kHz, 16 bit PCM.

For an excellent primer on TMPGEnc settings to create high quality DVD, check out
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/Compression.html

I believe the only settings that you should change from the guide for the sake of MyDVD compatibility is the stream type, discussed above, and the MyDVD requirement that the GOP structure be closed (under the "GOP Structure" tab), as opposed to open as suggested in the guide.

Make sure that the audio and video files have identical names except for the extension (which is the default condition for TMPGEnc) and that they are in the same subdirectory. When you import assets into MyDVD, it will only show the video files, but it will automatically pull in the audio file with it.

Regards,

Eric J

Bug report - Temporary WAV file gets created unnecessarily No.32286
Uwe  2002-12-23 15:12:37 ( ID:aq9ao1pclk2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks,

to convert audio streams I use tooLame as an external tool. Normally this works quite fine in combination with TMPGEnc, but not when the audio source is different from the video source.
Example: I extracted the audio stream to a WAV file using VirtualDub. Now I put this WAV into the "audio source" field of TMPGEnc and start encoding. TMPGEnc now creates a temporary WAV file, regardless of the fact that there is already one in the right format! What a waste of time!
Bug or feature? Please tell me.

Best regards and merry X-mas,
Uwe.

Bug report - Soften Block Noise settings cut-off at bottom of window No.32283
jmttmpgenc  2002-12-23 06:41:24 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In Version 2.59.47.155 on the MPEG Setting, Quanitize Matrix tab, the Soften Block Noise settings below the check box are almost entirely hidden. You can not scroll down or tab down to see what values (I think these are numbers in the two fields) are present for the Soften Block Noise.

I have tried video resolutions from 800 X 600 to 1600 X 1200 and none allow me to see what the values are for the Soften Block Noise filter. I want to use this filter but I need to see the values. I am running under Windows XP Home edition. Would different size fonts help?

Thank you.

jmttmpgenc  2002-12-23 07:04:58 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem solved. Win XP allows you in Settings Control Panel Display Settings Advanced to increase the DPI (dots per inch) for everything on the display to make everything larger, not just the fonts. I used this to run the monitor in fairly high resolution for the size of the monitor but still have everything ledgible.

However, this results in the bottom portion of TMPGEnc's window for Soften Block Noise to disappear. This is the first program I've had this problem after several months at 120 DPI. Setting the DPI back to the normal 96 rather than 120 solves the problem for now. I would rather that TMPGEnc properly display at the higher DPI setting. I do not know how difficult it is to program TMPGEnc to handle different DPI settings or if Win XP is a hinderance in this regard. From a user standpoint, it would be preferable for TMPGEnc to display properly at the higher DPI display setting.

Thanks. TMPGEnc is quite nice and there is a lot to learn!

willyiam  2002-12-23 13:19:17 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you leave the font size to 96dpi in "Advanced" and select Large Fonts from the Appearance Tag your problem will be solved.

Any program designed for use in "Windows" will use the modules built into the operating system, and that includes font selection.

Question - Motion No.32281
B.R.Productions  Home )  2002-12-23 06:41:01 ( ID:cazxnolcgda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpeg has done a wonderful job of converting my files
to mpeg2. But I have noticed on a couple of motion files
and one playing clip, where there is a lot of fast motion,
the video seems to produce lines all through the video and
some motion seems to be almost strobed.
The original video plays fine in Non-linear system. I figure
there is a setting that I am missing in Tmpeg.

Minion  2002-12-23 10:53:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those Lines are Interlace lines, they are actually part of the structure Video, and when you get the strobeing effect that usually means you have the incorrect field order set,these lines will usually show on a computer monitor cuz it projects a Progressive image but on a TV they should not be visible if you have the field order set correctly, you can allso use a De-interlace filter to help get rid of the lines...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.