TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 306 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Index of scan line out of range(240) Murali bala 1 2002-12-18 08:46:39
Question QuickTime Authoring Russell 3 2002-12-18 22:15:16
Question SVCD frame skips ??? linda 1 2002-12-18 08:40:11
Question Grayed out Settings George 1 2002-12-18 00:30:33
Question TMPGEnc isnt encoding properly jgraham95 3 2002-12-18 08:31:17
Question Stand Alone DVD question joe 2 2002-12-18 22:23:43
Question Computer Resets & Range Problem hardgore 0 2002-12-17 19:54:39
Question buffer underflow interesting results jetty 5 2002-12-24 14:02:26
Question How to get from avi to VCD with fluent image Hiddendragon 1 2002-12-17 18:17:25
Question audio not working z_zoube 2 2002-12-17 17:42:29
Question audio not working z_zoube 0 2002-12-17 16:34:02
Question frame skip occurs after conversion Darrell 1 2002-12-17 11:02:13

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 306 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Index of scan line out of range(240) No.32061
Murali bala  2002-12-18 02:42:15 ( ID:m9dww/fkdd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
When i was converting an AVI file to MPEG-1 I got this error message at 69%
what would be wrong? Please help!!!!

minion  2002-12-18 08:46:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error Is Cause By Bad Or Corrupted AVI files..Usually with Files downloaded Off the net..There is no real Fix for this accept you can start encodeing were it crashed useing the Source Range and Join the 2 parts together with the Merge & Cut....Or you might try Frame serveing the file to tmpgenc ..

Question - QuickTime Authoring No.32057
Russell  2002-12-18 01:58:20 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to encode an mpg file to mpg1. WHen I tried it the first time I got a message saying that TMPGEnc needed to download QuickTime Authoring. Every time it tried it said it was corrupted, try again.

It's always corrupted is there anywhere I can manually download it from and what is the file called.

If I try to encode the file without the download TMPGEnc either stops responding or produces a file with no sound.

Help!

Russell

minion  2002-12-18 08:43:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is wierd..You do not need Quicktime to to encode Mpeg to Mpeg But you do need it to encode "Quicktime MOV" to mpeg...So Maybe the file you are trying to encode isn"t a Mpeg file but a Mov file???? since This problem is so wierd I don"t really have a Solution for you....

Russell  2002-12-18 16:43:56 ( ID:5zel0mlh.0a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

I think it's something to do with the sound encoding. TMPGEnc says it isn't a valid audio stream if I try to demux it.

I have the Quicktime plugin and can convert .MOV files (though without sound, hmmm) so I assume the authoring is a different plugin or whatever.

Strange thing is Winamp 3 will play the original but the sound turns into a loud hiss after the first couple of seconds but MS Media Player plays it OK.

Russell

minion  2002-12-18 22:15:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you Can extract the audio to a WAV file, if it is a Mov file then you can use "Sound Forge" to do this , then you can encode the Wav file as the Audio source...

Question - SVCD frame skips ??? No.32055
linda  2002-12-18 01:14:21 ( ID:f8b7qd.dvdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After converting a DVD to SVCD (using the SVCD Movie Template) and then burning it to a CD-R, the movie play well if it wasn't for occasional frame skips. It's if the movie is fast fowarding by a second or two from time to time.
Can anyone help me solve this problem ???
Thank You.

minion  2002-12-18 08:40:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do mean that the Video seems to Speed up or slow down Just for a second once in a While??I believe that this is Caused By sudden Bitrate spikes in the encoded Video wich Makes the Drive in the DVD Player have to suddenly speed up But the drive can"t speed up fast enough..This is a Dual Problem, a Problem with Tmpgenc Haveing Bitrate spikes and a Problem with the Drive in your DVD Player Not being fast enough to compensate for the Bitrate spikes...I don"t really know of a Solution for this accept Maybe useing a Lower Bitrate or a Encoder that doesn"t spike the Bitrate, or get a DVD Player with a Faster Drive in it....

Question - Grayed out Settings No.32053
George  2002-12-18 00:04:30 ( ID:utnbm3gfifa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After selecting the file to convert to MPEG1 and the Wizard opens, I have ot way of changing the settings such as FPS, SIF, or Kbit/sec, when clicking on settings all of these options are grayed out and won't let me change them. Any help?

minion  2002-12-18 00:30:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To Change the settings you either have to load the "Unlock.MCF" template from the "Extra" Folder or Click on the name of the setting it"s self then go to "Unlock",Remember you Have to encode the mpeg file to the same Frame rate as the AVI file, and you have to keep the Resolution to the standard for the format you are encodeing to, meaning if the AVI file has a Frame rate of 23.9fps you have to encode it to 23.9fps and if you are makeing a VCD then the resolution has to be 352+240 for NTSC VCD..you can"t encode for example a 25fps file to say 29.9fps ECT....

Question - TMPGEnc isnt encoding properly No.32049
jgraham95  2002-12-17 23:33:25 ( ID:anjwnusao/o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

was wondering if some1 could help me? ive found recently when im encoding 20 minute avi files it is comeing up that it will take 5hours. Once it is encoded i open the file and it is coming up that the files are 60mins lkong instead of 20 mins long! im also finding that ther eis no sound either! Does anyone know how to fix this?
chears

minion  2002-12-17 23:57:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it seems that there could be something wrong with the AVI file..The audio issue is easy ,The audio in the AVI file is Not being decoded so it needs to Be extracted to a WAV file and that used as the audio source...Try useing the "Source Range" to set the begining and end points of the AVI file...and what is in the extra 40 minutes of the mpeg file???

jgraham95  2002-12-18 01:10:30 ( ID:anjwnusao/o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is nothing in the extra 40mins

minion  2002-12-18 08:31:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if there is nothing in the last 40 minutes then Just cut it off the Mux the extracted and encoded audio with the 20 minutes of Video...

Question - Stand Alone DVD question No.32046
joe  2002-12-17 22:21:03 ( ID:z/xu2ebrh.6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having trouble playing VCD's in a stand alone DVD player. Back in October, I made my first collection of VCD's (Band of Brother's - all 10) and they worked perfectly in my current stand alone DVD and even in some stand alone DVD players owned by some friends in the dorms when i went back to college. This morning, since i'm on xmas break, i decided to crack out the VCD stuff again. The only problem is that this other DVD player that my family bought won't display my VCD's. It is a Sony - almost identical to the other DVD player i first used to test my VCDs. According to vcdhelp.com, only 2 Sony DVD's don't support VCDs and this one is not one of those 2. In fact, it says right on the front of it: "Supports DVD/CD/Video CD". It won't play any of the ones i made today or the ones i made a while ago. It just says NO DISC and skips to the next disc in the 5 disc changer. I'm a bit stuck on what to do. It supports yet says no disc. Is there something i need to burn at the beginning of the cd's to tell the dvd player to play?

Thank you for your time.

Joe

minion  2002-12-17 23:52:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Odviously a DVD Player issue and not a Tmpgenc issue..If the VCD"s you made a While ago Played on your other player then the VCD"s are fine and the DVD Player has issues..My First DVD Player would Play DVD"s But not play any of the VCD"s I put in it and it said it supported them So I returned it and exchanged it for the exact same model But this one worked Just fine so Maybe the VCD Function on the DVD Player is Busted....

ASHY  2002-12-18 22:23:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't be fooled by that clap trap on the front of Sony players. Most Sony players do not play homemade VCD's. Yes some will play VCD's as stated, but this means the pre-recorded variety only.
Most Sony players such as the Sony Davs3000 and similar will not play VCD from a CDR, but you may be lucky as these players will accept CDRW VCD's.
CDRW are nearer to the the reflected light wavelength of DVD's than CDR therefore as long as your player can read the disk it should play your VCD.

ASHY

Question - Computer Resets & Range Problem No.32045
hardgore  Home )  2002-12-17 19:54:39 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used TMPGEnc for a while now and everything was working fine. Recently when I try to encode, about 12 minutes into the encoding my computer resets. If my computer doesnt reset, the screen says "Out of source range", on what looks like a dos screen. I have no idea what it might be... if anyone can help please email: ecw666@cs.com . Thanks

Question - buffer underflow interesting results No.32039
jetty  2002-12-17 18:52:54 ( ID:cai47j4msd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

Nice to see you again.
I hope you are not bored about the theme. :-)
I extracted a clip from a movie DVD and run demux and mux with TMPGenc Mpeg Tools. Clip was of 500Mb, 10 min and result was some 200.000 s buffer undeflows
I copied whole 1048Kb vob (where the clip was) from unencrypted movie DVD to HD. Handled it with Tmpgencas like the clip and there weren't any buffer underflows (=0). Next I Hexedited the 1 Gb vob to the same clip and checked it with binary file compare, it was exact copy of the smaller clip vob.
Now I checked the vob again with TMPGenc - and it had the same exact number of buffer underflows. I checked the headers with vobedit and played files with software DVD player, everything normal.
The question is what is the meaning of TMPGenc buffer state report?
Does it makes any sense at all?

ASHY  2002-12-18 22:32:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As long as the correct VBV buffer size has been chosen in the first place, buffer underflow errors are usually just caused by incorrect muxing rate.
The muxing rate TMPG chooses for VBR files isn't always correct and a few hundred underflows is unlikely to do any harm anyway.

The muxing rate should be altered according to the bitrate and BBMPEG has a better muxer than TMPG which will allow the muxing rate to be changed.

With MPEG2 files setting the muxing rate to '0' will force BBMPEG to scan the MPEG for the correct muxing rate. This doesn't work with MPEG1 files though, but the correct muxing rate for MPEG1 can be maually set.

This way you should never get underflow or overflow errors.

ASHY

jetty  2002-12-24 10:07:51 ( ID:wh3.zdbxedc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

Thanks for a replay.
I haven't found correct bbMPEG with mentioned capabilities to multiplex m2v and audio (mp2 or ac3). The one I have tried is downloadable under the name BBMPEG but instead it's executive file is anmed avi2mpeg and while it may accept some streams as input there isn't any options to control muxing rate. Included in the downloaded zipd is also a bbmpeg.dll, which appearently works with avi2mpeg only or only as a plugin for something else.
Obviously it's not the one you mentioned. I have tried to search something else with the same name unsuccessfully. Can you give any hints where to download the one with capabilities you mentioned?
tia jetty
Happy Christmas!

jetty  2002-12-24 10:35:17 ( ID:wh3.zdbxedc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

Likely it's still the same application and these options are all under start encoding command... But the problem is that none of these streams wouldn't load.
Nor m2v alone nor vob. Application just hangs. I tried with some othere vobs and these opened normally. While all are from commercial DVD titles, where I'd like to extract a clip! What is "wrong" with some vobs or m2v's which aren't even encrypted?

ASHY  2002-12-24 13:56:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BBMPEG can be downloaded here:
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2mpg2.html

If you are using Win XP then you may need the patch.
To multiplex click: Start encoding>Settings
Load your files in.
You will find the muxing option under the 'Program stream settings' tab

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-24 14:02:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check this out.
http://www.spawns.dk/svcd/bbmpeg.htm

ASHY

Question - How to get from avi to VCD with fluent image No.32037
Hiddendragon  Home )  2002-12-17 17:51:39 ( ID:lpwgxokawr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i convert a avi to VCD , the image has a hitch after every second and i don't know how to solve this problem.
When you are watching the VCD the image isn't fluent all the time

PLz help me

ASHY  2002-12-17 18:17:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have altered the framerate. TMPG will not do correct fraerate conversion. AVIsynth can do this.

ASHY

Question - audio not working No.32034
z_zoube  2002-12-17 16:37:53 ( ID:xta1s14jujw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a movie which is Divx and the audio is in Mpeg layer 3.
after encoding it to VCD/MPG-1 i don't have audio.

steve bateman  2002-12-17 17:14:58 ( ID:a4.jcfbbmuj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I was wondering if you got the audio problem sorted as I'm having exactly the same issue.

Cheers

ASHY  2002-12-17 17:42:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Extract the audio to a wav file with AVImux or Virtualdub.

ASHY

Question - audio not working No.32033
z_zoube  2002-12-17 16:34:02 ( ID:xta1s14jujw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The sound doesn't work when i play it on windows media palyer and on my dvd player. How come ???

Question - frame skip occurs after conversion No.32031
Darrell  2002-12-17 09:22:05 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i can play the original mpeg1/mpeg2 file well but after convert to mpeg vcd compliant with tmpgenc frame skip occurs.how do i fix it?

minion  2002-12-17 11:02:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly do you Mean By "Frame Skip:??? What it sounds like to Me is that you have encoded the file to a Different Frame rate than the AVI file..The Mpeg file has to have the Same frame rate as the AVI file or you will get Jumpy Playback.....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.