TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 370 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Which bitrate Calculator? Mac 6 2002-10-22 12:11:15
Question bitrate spiking at the end of movie jimmymitch26 9 2002-10-23 17:40:28
Question Can't OPEN Avi PLease Help The Mixer 1 2002-10-21 21:03:58
Question Horizontal Line at bottom when encoding VHS neppie 8 2002-12-27 00:17:44
Question FILE TO BIG pls help ddd 1 2002-10-20 23:03:57
Question Can you change the Codec used for Capture Flash 1 2002-10-20 23:02:14
Question encoding but having a problem lonewolf1 2 2002-10-20 22:38:45
Question No sound in MPEG-1 stream Stryker One 3 2002-10-22 18:41:33
Question VCD won't play on DVD CM 11 2002-10-22 11:32:11
Question Reg'd version - Still Can't Change Settings - Greyed Out Spiff 1 2002-10-20 17:10:47
Question virtual dub Mickey 1 2002-10-20 14:37:33
Question error with ntdll.dll when encoding kerm 1 2002-10-20 22:53:52

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 370 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Which bitrate Calculator? No.29671
Mac  2002-10-21 09:29:40 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi 2 all. Please can someone recommend a bitrate calculator to me? I wish to write svcd files. I downloaded a calc, told it the length of the file, and that i wished it to fit on 2 80min cds. the resulting output was 1.71Gb!

Perhaps I did something wrong, but my logic tells me, i stand a better chance of success if I use a calc already used successfully by somebody else.

Thanks in advance,

Mac

B_Racer  2002-10-21 10:03:25 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try FitCD, it's the best Calculator ever written.

http://shh.dvdboard.de/

Mac  2002-10-21 10:12:03 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the advice, I have dowmloaded it and will give it a whirl. (major thanks for the web address)

Mac

Mac  2002-10-21 10:57:06 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, Fitcd says bitrate of 2319 for the 81 min file. TMPGEnc says approx file size 1.3Gb which would work, but when it had finished encoding it was 1.7Gb!! (the first time i tried this file). do i only have to change the bitrate or do i have to do something else.

thanks

mac

B_Racer  2002-10-21 12:23:53 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FitCD gave me the following:

81 Minutes of Video, 2 80 Minutes CDs
Encodet with TMPGEnc, Authoring with VCDEasy

192 kbps Audio
2512 kbps Video
Which results in approximate 1600 MBytes of Video (2pass VBR)

Minion  2002-10-21 21:07:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the one I use and it have never let me down..http://www.dvd-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/xvcdc111.zip ...

B_Racer  2002-10-22 12:11:15 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Minion

"Your" Calculator is not bad. But FitCD can do much more than "only" calculating Bitrates. It's a perfect Resize-Engine, it creates AVISynth-Scripts and it is able to calculate correct Bitrates for different Authoring-Tools. And the next Version (not longer Freeware) will be able to calculate correct Bitrates for DVD and MiniDVD too.
It's a kind of Swiss-Knife for MPEG-Encoding.

Question - bitrate spiking at the end of movie No.29661
jimmymitch26  2002-10-21 03:02:19 ( ID:jmbygkfeirf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone had trouble using CBR and spikes at the end of encoding. the end of the file is a black lead out and the last frame spikes to +11000. The same file encoded using VBR does not have this problem. just curious to know why this is happening. any thoughts would be appreciated.

jim

ABS  2002-10-21 18:35:00 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you useing "Bitrate viewer"?
If so, then you should know it's a bug they have... If the movie doesn't end with a complete GOP(for example, you have a GOP of 25 frames and the movie ends with the GOP having only 2 frames) then the program shows as if the bitrate is high in the sky (or some times shows it ending with a 0bps, depending on how many frames there are in the last GOP)...

"Bitrate viewer" is the only program that gives such info (at least that I know) but I don't like it because of it's bugs (Also, seems like the program hasn't been updated for a long time...)

ABS

jimmymitch26  2002-10-21 19:06:28 ( ID:rwsmlwvcqn. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes i am! Thanks for the info as i will look into it further knowing this. the only reason i checked it with bitrate viewer as i got an error in a build using DVDitPE which i have been using for sometime now trouble free. i'll give the file another chance soon and see what happens.

Thanks
Jim

ABS  2002-10-21 23:07:35 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What error does it give?

ASHY  2002-10-21 23:33:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed this also with bitrate viewer that if an MPEG doesn't end in a complete GOP that there are sometimes bitrate spikes at the end, but I have also noticed that cutting a few more frames (or adding) off the GOP can sometimes solve the bitrate spike problem even though the GOP is still not complete.
How do you know this info to be true ABS just out of curiosity?

ASHY

ABS  2002-10-22 11:48:36 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How?
Because I tested it again and again on several files and got that...
Besides, according to the Encoding log everything is OK (frame sizes and bitrate specified are just fine), and having the last second with 0bps as "Bitrate viewer" sometimes show could be nothing but a bug...

Maybe these things don't exist when you buy the program because they note in their web site that if you do, the calculations are more accurate. Sorry, but I wouldn't take my chance on that... Also they have an even more expensive program now that they sell so seems like they rather focus on that then on "Bitrate viewer" (the more expensive one has no demo...)

ABS

ASHY  2002-10-22 19:12:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How what?

How to chop a few frames off?
I have tested this myself and it works.
With some files which I have edited and cut there would sometimes be bitrate spikes at the end.
By simply moving the cut a few frames the spikes would disappear.

Also the demo is exactly the same as the full version as I have it.
The demo simply needs a file inserting in its folder to make it a full version.

ASHY

ABS  2002-10-22 20:52:34 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any other program that can display such graphs? Annoying to think no one else bothers doing such program...
ABS

jimmymitch26  2002-10-23 01:48:41 ( ID:jmbygkfeirf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ABS,

The error I have been getting goes something like this. "Video Picture Size Larger Than Buffer" then the DVD build fails. Sonic explains the error as follows:

Title
Video Picture Size Larger Than Buffer

Description
DVD Legality Error

Symptom
Video Picture Size Larger Than Buffer error when attempting to build a project in DVDit or MyDVD

Solution
At least one MPEG file in your project has at least one peak that exceeds the buffer model defined in the DVD specification, making the file illegal for DVD. Try to create another file to see if it's a problem with your encoder or it's settings. If you continue to have problems please contact the encoder manufacturer.

Additional info:
The file format is DV captured with Pinnacle DV200 and edited in premier then frameserved to TMPG enc. I just encoded the same file using VBR instead of CBR and had no problems building the DVD.

Jim

ASHY  2002-10-23 17:40:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a program called MPEG analyzer and shows practically everything you could want to know about an MPEG, but it's not free, there is a demo though.
http://www.mpeg-analyzer.com/

ASHY

Question - Can't OPEN Avi PLease Help No.29659
The Mixer  2002-10-21 02:38:09 ( ID:.plcujylych )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have plus2.5 and no matter what I do every AVI file I try to open says
Can not open , or unsupported this haeepns on all AVI files I try to open I can open mpeg files byut what I want to do is convert AVI files to Mpeg so I can burn on my Pioneer Ao4.
All help is appreciated..

John

Minion  2002-10-21 21:03:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should have looked through the forum for your answer before posting because this question gets asked a few times every single day..Go to "Options" to"Enviromental settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct Show" to"2"...

Question - Horizontal Line at bottom when encoding VHS No.29650
neppie  Home )  2002-10-20 23:58:30 ( ID:dte9aq/75p2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the Creative Labs Moviemaker and after encoding from VHS there is a horizontal line at the bottom of the video stream. I'm sure I once saw in either the TMPGEnc or VCDEasy help that there was a way to chop that off, but now that I need to I can't find the help page. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

wcpaul  2002-10-21 02:28:32 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

These sound like head changeover lines that are always present on tape playback.

Chopping them is possible but the material needs to be deinterlaced in order to resize the picture back to full frame. Virtualdub is a good way to go (Deint/crop/Smart Resize-Bicubic).

This is not an issue if the material is for TV viewing since that part of the frame is not visible (and you need to leave it interlaced anyway).

B_Racer  2002-10-21 10:05:33 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to deinterlace or resize the Picture!
Crop the Lines und set them to black (or use Center (custom size) in TMPGEnc).

wcpaul  2002-10-21 19:23:57 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I was assuming if he didn't like the lines he was not going to want black either.

Since I archive a lot of tape footage for computer display I use the deinterlace/crop/resize method very often.

ASHY  2002-10-21 22:27:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sort of in agreeance with wcpaul here. It is just a simple case of using the 'clip frame' filter under setting>advanced.
Just crop off the line from the bottom. The frame will automatically be resized to full frame as long as you choose 'full screen keep aspect ratio' under the 'arrange method'

It may or may not be necessary to de-interlace first.
Check the results and if you experience interlacing artifacts then use TMPG's de-interlacing feature to de-interlace first.

ASHY

neppie  Home )  2002-10-22 00:02:18 ( ID:dte9aq/75p2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the tips!

B_Racer  2002-10-22 12:22:40 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@ASHY

I don't think, that your way is a good way.
You are resizing a cropped Picture to full size. This will give you a wrong Aspect Ratio. We are talking about those chobby Lines at the Bottom of the Picture, right?
This is a part of the Picture, you can't see on the TV (Overscan). To set this Zone to black helps you saving Bitrate and it gives you the right Aspect Ratio. Why encoding any thing, you never can see?

BTW: Ever tried to produce a block optimized VCD or SVCD? It can look much better than the normal on, especially at low Bitrates.

VCD resized to 336x224 (336x272), letterboxed to 352x240 (352x288).
SVCD resized to 448x448 (448x544), letterboxed to 480x480 (480x576).

ASHY  2002-10-22 18:35:56 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>We are talking about those chobby Lines at the Bottom of the Picture, right?
No we are talking about head change over lines which are present on VCR footage and looks sort of like a glass bar right at the bottom of the picture.

Like you say why encode something you wont see, so it may as well be cropped out.

>You are resizing a cropped Picture to full size. This will give you a wrong Aspect Ratio
What do you mean the aspect ratio will be wrong?
The aspect ratio will be exactly the same.
TMPG will take care of the aspect ratio itself if you set the video arrange method to 'full screen (keep aspect ratio)'
Trust me I do this ALL the time.
TMPG doesn't actually even resize the image, it simply masks the part which has been cropped with black to maintain the correct aspect ratio.

ASHY

skwhirl  2002-12-27 00:17:44 ( ID:tzrdeco4zow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From a professional standpoint, you want the entire field/frame full of video information except the blanking intervals.I've noticed alot of broadcasters cutting out some video information at the bottom since the turn of the century, and less ornately designed 'professional' digital video applications totally violating the NTSC standards defined way back in the 50s when RCA and NBC set the standards for the system. Of course, some say the tubes on the first color sets ever invented had richer color than their successors (due to the cheaper phosphor dyes used later) so i suppose NTSC is taking a backseat and suffering due to compliance the newer HDTV standards.

Never fear though, for those who want to maintain SOME professional integrity in their amateaur productions, The VHS artifact that creates those shifts at the bottom can be corrected with a good time base corrector, leaving you with all of the video information at it's proper asperct ratio.

Question - FILE TO BIG pls help No.29648
ddd  2002-10-20 22:28:03 ( ID:td.yr6f0fhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey when i created the file it was 856 megs. Is there anyway where i can put it onto 2 cd's?

Minion  2002-10-20 23:03:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cut it in Half with the Mpeg Tools, Or re encode it with a Higher Bitrate and Put it on 2 cd-r"s with better Quality....or you can Lower the bitrate and put it on 1 cd-r and loose Quality...

Question - Can you change the Codec used for Capture No.29646
Flash  2002-10-20 22:15:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I'm using a Dazzle DVC2 to capture video and TMPGEnc to encode.
I have checked both the captured and the encoded file and they both have the same video codec 'Subtitle mixer'.
I have checked in my list of codec on the PC and this one isn't listed.
I am a bit puzzled.
Can anyone tell me if you can change the codec for capture and if anyone has hered of this 'subtitle mixer' codec.

Thanks

Minion  2002-10-20 23:02:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That has to do with your Capture software and your system and not tmpgenc..Tmpgenc doesn"t use "Codecs" persey to encode to Mpeg, tmpgenc is Basicly the Codec so it is probably a problem with the ID Tagging..If the file encodes properly and you can watch it and Burn it to disk and watch it then it"s a Mpeg file...

Question - encoding but having a problem No.29643
lonewolf1  2002-10-20 20:33:30 ( ID:0t52nryd6ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded 2 movies one Red Dragon and Triplexxx and when I try to encode the first it won't reconize my audio so I can't encode that with the video and even if I just try the video it doesn't do anything.
Do I need other codecs or what am I doing wrong?

lonewolf1  2002-10-20 20:34:32 ( ID:0t52nryd6ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oh yeah It's an avi file and trying to make it mpeg

Minion  2002-10-20 22:38:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Probably need to Extract the audio to a WAV File and use that as the audio source, you can do this with Virtual Dub...And if you are encodeing and you don"t get a picvture try going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct Show" to "2"..

Question - No sound in MPEG-1 stream No.29639
Stryker One  Home )  2002-10-20 20:33:16 ( ID:ei9ocnbmui2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to encode a DivX AVI to an MPEG-1 stream for Video-CD burning. The video comes out fine but there is absolutly no audio. Here are the specs of the source file:
AUDIO
Audio Format: MPEG Layer-3
Average data rate: 22.677 Kb/second
Sample rate: 48.00 kHz
Channels: 2 (Stereo)

VIDEO
Frame width: 640 pixels
Frame height: 272 pixels
Play length: 3610.860 seconds
Frame count: 86574
Frame rate: 23.976 frames/second
Data rate: 197.962 Kb/second
Video sample size: 24 bit
Video compression: DivX codec

I have had great success with other files and this is the first time I have run into this problem. I have downloaded the latest version of TMPEGEnc and I am running a Win2K machine with a P4-1.8Ghz and 512MB RAM. Please help.

Minion  2002-10-20 22:59:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the most common problem poeple run into, you need to extract the audio to a WAV file with something like "Virtual Dub" and use that as the audio source in tmpgenc...

HIGuy  2002-10-22 10:18:40 ( ID:vu3wcxs/9ha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why would you even want to convert from DivX to MPEG1?? Just copy the DivX file to your cd and play using a the DivX 2.0 player.

My problem is I am using TMPGEnc and QTreader to convert a Quicktime 5.0 MOV to MPEG1 and can't get any audio either!

ASHY  2002-10-22 18:41:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Why would you even want to convert from DivX to MPEG1?? Just copy the DivX file to your cd and play using a the DivX 2.0 player.

Because he wants to play the disk on his set top DVD player which doesn't play DIVX files.

ASHY

Question - VCD won't play on DVD No.29627
CM  2002-10-20 17:15:14 ( ID:5dr4l1ijhlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A friend's VCD's play on my dvd, but when I make my own they don't. I'm pretty sure i've encoded and burned right. The files are on the disc but when i put in the dvd player it says no disc. I've asked him, he had no idea. Could it be the cd-burner I'm using or possibly the os system, which is 98. It will play on the computer though. Any ideas would be appreciated.

lupy  2002-10-20 18:16:28 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

explain what u did...did u burn the files as a vcd? in your burning software?

CM  2002-10-20 18:37:08 ( ID:5dr4l1ijhlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes burned as vcd, will play on media player but not on dvd. I have tried nero and vcdeasy, but still no sucess. When I look at the vcd after its burned it does have the files its suppose to. Do I need some kind of a menu maybe?

ABS  2002-10-20 20:39:50 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried playing VCDs on your DVD before? Not all DVDs support VCDs and also not all support burnt CDs...

CM  2002-10-20 22:29:23 ( ID:5dr4l1ijhlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes vcd's do play on the dvd. I'm just trying to figure out where the problem is. Not sure if its in the burning or the encoding, but haven't had any errors on either one. I use tmpgenc and have burned with nero and vcdeasy. Have files on the vcd once it's burned, but i must be missing something somewhere.
When ecoding have tried pal and nstc, although dvd supports both. It's a classic 102 dvd. From what i have read so far, no one has had any problems with them. But when I pop the vcd in it keeps saying no disc. I've wasted about 12 cd-r's on trying everything, almost ready to give up

Minion  2002-10-20 22:58:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use CD-RW"S...

tom  2002-10-21 07:41:43 ( ID:takoz2zc1qn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sounds like you encoded mpeg2 (svcd) which will not play on many dvd players

lupy  2002-10-21 10:58:41 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes use cd-rw when experimenting....please...don't waste so many cd-rs..are u using the vcd template? if not then use them (load button) to get the correct settings...and choose ntsc or pal accoring to the framerate of your source they must be the same). Also make sure the audio gets encoded properly....always use wav with tmpgenc....or if converting a mpg, demux out the mp2 and remux with the encoded video etc....if all that fails then maybe the laser in your burner is getting weak....

GRJ  2002-10-21 20:06:40 ( ID:kqtsqgwdn4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had the problem before with the NO DISC" using a Panasonic DVD player. With my player it has a lot to do with what brand of disc I use. I cannot get CD-R's to play at all, says WRONG FORMAT. But yet I can use Roxio ver.4 and burn CD-RW's all day long. I have found that the Maxell 700 MB CD-RW's work bet for me. Every once in a while I will get one that won't work at all no matter what I try.

GRJ  2002-10-21 22:54:39 ( ID:kqtsqgwdn4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had the problem before with the NO DISC" using a Panasonic DVD player. With my player it has a lot to do with what brand of disc I use. I cannot get CD-R's to play at all, says WRONG FORMAT. But yet I can use Roxio ver.4 and burn CD-RW's all day long. I have found that the Maxell 700 MB CD-RW's work bet for me. Every once in a while I will get one that won't work at all no matter what I try.

cm  2002-10-22 00:40:03 ( ID:5dr4l1ijhlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i will try the cd-rw and see if that works, did also buy different cd-r's. Not sure how to check if laser's getting weak on burner, but did have alittle trouble burning some music, something with overrun buffer. It is encoded in mpeg1 use vcd 2.0 when burning. Have encoded correctly, and even uncorrectly just to see if it would work. Although I thought you could convert from pal to nstc using tmpgenc. But have also did do the template with the correct source. After the cd is burned and it plays on media player then im assuming that everything went correctly with encoding and burning. So i'll see what happens with the new discs i bought. And will try the cd-rw although im pretty sure my dvd doesn't play them. Thanks for the suggestions

PNut  2002-10-22 11:32:11 ( ID:wibtumxqz/l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not all types of disks play as VCDs, it may just be that you have to change the maker of the disk that you are using. Either switch to your friends (cause you know it works) or go to http://www.vcdhelp.com/ and go under DVD players, then find your DVD player to see EXACTLY what disks will and won't play in your system.

Question - Reg'd version - Still Can't Change Settings - Greyed Out No.29625
Spiff  2002-10-20 14:43:36 ( ID:61brlnsg3vc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using a registered TMPGENC Plug 2.58 and I can't change any of the settings whether I run the wizard or not. I want to change bit rate, but it is greyed out and I can't make any changes.

What's the trick?

lupy  2002-10-20 17:10:47 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

load the unlock.mcf template in the extras folder

Question - virtual dub No.29623
Mickey  2002-10-20 12:45:33 ( ID:cxvhlbv8gxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can any one tell me where I can find virtual dub. I need to use this because some of the films Ive down loaded, when I use tmpge cant get any sound.

lupy  2002-10-20 14:37:33 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just use a search engine like google.....its.easy enough http://www.virtualdub.org/

Question - error with ntdll.dll when encoding No.29621
kerm  2002-10-20 10:15:00 ( ID:pgbad3d/awk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi when i try to encode the d2v and the wav at 24% i receive an error about ntdll.dll what i neeed to do ?

thnaks
everything stop there

Minion  2002-10-20 22:53:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have never seen this error whith Tmpgenc before..the ntdll.DLL File is a Kernel Driver for you operateing system and shouldn"t be accessed while encodeing accept through MSVCR.DLL but it shouldn"t cause problems...So No help here...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.