TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 383 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question TEMPEnc Suddenly running 10 times slower Tedoz 0 2002-10-09 13:46:50
Question VCD Causing Fatal Exception Error DavidB 1 2002-10-09 09:09:22
Question DV Format Mauro 5 2002-10-10 19:30:51
Question need help- weird encoding problem jason3361 0 2002-10-09 06:00:42
Question no video ktulu 1 2002-10-09 08:52:30
Question Reverse incode jin 1 2002-10-08 20:59:58
Question audio out of sync resolved Tomo 4 2002-10-10 11:10:56
Question Cutting out many parts of one AVI? Paul 4 2002-10-09 07:04:43
Request already mpg hobo2000 5 2002-10-08 22:45:26
Question Doh lupy 3 2002-10-09 15:58:04
Question SO NEW & SO STUPID please help! the_fly76 3 2002-10-09 08:46:14
Question Pinnacle Effects not showing on MPG-2 conversion Barney 2 2002-10-08 20:37:59

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 383 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - TEMPEnc Suddenly running 10 times slower No.29148
Tedoz  2002-10-09 13:46:50 ( ID:ppgdpojhpvl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently I installed Nortons Utility Integrator. I was also recently hit by the bugbear virus, but have since cleaned it from my system.
Although no other programs appear to be affected, I notice that encoding in Tempenc now takes 10 times longer. Whereas before a 42 min program would take 8-13 hrs, now it wants to take up to 150 hours!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Question - VCD Causing Fatal Exception Error No.29146
DavidB  2002-10-09 09:04:55 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a video encoded to VCD (downloaded from newsgroup) and when I try to open it in TMPGEnc to split it I get a fatal exception error. Any ideas as to why this is.

Many thanks

minion  2002-10-09 09:09:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is probably some sort of error in the Mpeg1 file..If you can"t get it loaded into the "Mpeg Tools,"Merge and cut" or "Multiplex or "de-multiplex" then There a a couple tools that are supposed to help fix corrupted Mpeg files like VCDGear which might help..

Question - DV Format No.29140
Mauro  2002-10-09 08:01:56 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!!
I have a problem.....can someone help me?!?
I have convert with TMPEG my Dv video captured from my camcorder in MPEG2 format....so the format isn't really MPEG2 but is owner DV format.....on my pc i can read this file with Windows Media Player but on other pc the video isn't read becouse Windows Media Player don't found the codec.....
Which codec i have to find/download to allow windows media player read this video?
Thanks for your help!!!

M@uro!!

minion  2002-10-09 09:05:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So the problem is that you can"t play Mpeg2 files made by Tmpgenc in "Media Player"?? To play Mpeg 2 files with Media player you need a Mpeg2 codec like the "Elecard Mpeg2 codec" but the codec can cause sync problems in media player and it is a Over all Buggy Codec..You are better off getting a software DVD Player like "Power DVD" to watch Mpeg2 files with...

Mauro  2002-10-09 09:57:31 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks!!!!
But i see my video in Dv Mpeg2 normally on my pc!!!But i don't found which codec i have installed with TMPEG or another program......
You know how i get this information??!?
If i found the correct code that i have on my pc, i can share my dv video on other pc.....

Bye,
Mauro!!

minion  2002-10-09 20:45:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no such thing as DV Mpeg2 ,It is either a DV/Avi file or it is a Mpeg2 file not somewere in between...

ledryno  2002-10-10 10:48:00 ( ID:yaaqqcve0fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You didn't mention which Windows OS you use; however, you might try looking in Control Panel for an icon that reads "Multimedia." Click on the "Devices" tab and open up "Video Compression codecs." Chances are you'll find the codec/s you want to add to your other system to successfully play the file.

I have no experience copying or manually installing a video codec into an OS; you'll have to find out how to do that.

Pwygant  2002-10-10 19:30:51 ( ID:v/fkcvkaosl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just install a trial version of DVD moviefactory and all the correct codecs will install so you can watch it in media player:-)

Question - need help- weird encoding problem No.29139
jason3361  2002-10-09 06:00:42 ( ID:8a7jctpfnoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im trying to encode some video into mpeg-2 for DVD and almost everytime no matter what program i use, i get these occasional green flashes that only last one frame. the weird thing is, none of these errors are in the original AVI file. ive tried TMPGENC 1.2, LSX version 3.5, LSX 1.2 plugin for premiere and they all do it. i even tried changing the bitrate around and it still does it. does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this or better yet, how to solve it?

thanks a million for any and all help

Question - no video No.29137
ktulu  2002-10-09 05:00:13 ( ID:nrkxwuukfi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert a file to mpg, the video does not show up when I try to play the file after it is complete. I am nto sure if I am missing something or what. Please help

minion  2002-10-09 08:52:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually if there is a Picture in the Tmpgenc window while encodeing then there will be a picture in the file but if there is no picture in the window then there won"t be a Picture in the file, you can probably correct this by going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Question - Reverse incode No.29135
jin  2002-10-08 18:04:55 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I trying to turn a vcd into a dvd.I ripped the vce using VCDgear v3.07b15 and it gave me and mpg file that my dvd athoring programs can't understand. I don't want to encode it again cause I will loose quality is there another way to change it and keep the quality? If not what tmpge properties should I use to keep the quality in mpge-1 formate and mpge-2?

minion  2002-10-08 20:59:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why would you want to make a DVD out of a VCD, the Quality won"t be any better than the VCD..but if you have your heart set on itthen, here are a few tips that might help..For somereason a lot of Mpeg files that VCDGEar rips seem to have some sort of problem with them..Try ripping it as a DAT file then load then renam the dat as Mpeg and load it into the "De-Multiplex" and seperate the audio and the video, you will need to Re-sample the audio to 48,000HZ for it to be DVD Compliant.after re-sampleing the audio use the multiplexor the mux the video and audio back together.I guess you will be makeing a Mpeg1 DVD with 352+240 resolution so you have to be sure that the authoring program you are useing will burn Mpeg1 DVD"S, not all will but most of the upper scale ones will....I hope this helps a bit...

Question - audio out of sync resolved No.29130
Tomo  2002-10-08 17:47:22 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

regarding this message i posted a few days ago..........

im just wondering if anyone else out there has the same problem as me...for ages now ive been unable to convert from avi to mpeg with tmpg without the sound being out of sync.The avi plays in sync with "power DVD" ...but when the wav is extracted with virtuadub and inserted into tmpg ..then encoded its always out of sync...no matter how much i retard or advance the audio (done in source range).
Its as if the audio has been stretched or shrunk in size but the video and audio are same length ???
This never happened before so ive done summit wrong :(
Ive even encoded the same film which was ok before i had this trouble and even that is now of out of sync ???
I dont want to do a full system wipe just to get it back to normal

first of all..many thanks to minion for answering my question..(nice site) ....but i tried that program and it wouldnt open my avi's

second....after all the headaches / trials an errors and searching the net....i have found wot was throwing the audio out of sync on avis

thirdly virtualdub tells you wot to do when u insert the video and the sound is corrupt

fourth..i followed it and it worked...lol...doh

if anyone else has the same problem i had, ill gladly give a step by step guide

keep up the good work Minion an Ashy...we will always need peeps like u

Nedburt  2002-10-08 21:13:35 ( ID:85zmvh5v4kl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes Tomo, i'm interested in how you did it ! i am having the same problem.. I am trying to edit my mpg's into different sizes (like removing commercials from shows etc..).. so any help is appreciated..

Kid  2002-10-09 04:36:26 ( ID:gfjhjhsn1sn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem. Please give me your step by step guide.

Tomo  2002-10-09 09:40:10 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok...this how to get your avi movies audio in sync when converting with tmpg.

first of all you need to open virtualdub
then insert the avi movie and an error box will come up telling you the audio is an improper encoding and there will be a audio skew of 45204 milliseconds or wotever the number is.

then we need to extract and ucompress the audio from the movie.
click audio in virtualdub and then pick full processing mode.
then click file and save wav as usual.

result: one uncompressed audio file but with a larger size than usual (about 1.1 gig for 1 hour 45 mins of movie.

then insert ur movie in tmpg along with the extracted audio file an encode as normal

the resulting vcd file ends up the same size as usual but with perfectly synced up audio.

Kid  2002-10-10 11:10:56 ( ID:gfjhjhsn1sn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, I'll try it.

Question - Cutting out many parts of one AVI? No.29125
Paul  2002-10-08 15:28:19 ( ID:8od7nydu0ak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a long AVI (43 mins) but I only want to encode certain parts of it.
For example, the 5-10 minute section, the 20-25 minute section, and the
40-43 minute section. Is there a way to tell TMPGEnc to encode only those
sections into one MPG, without encoding them all individually? The cut
editing feature doesn't seem to support this?

hobo2000  2002-10-08 16:39:11 ( ID:1yd0ud.pnm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

once you have your screen up and the movie you want downloaded click on settings go to advanced and then click on source range it will show movie
move the bar to where you want to start and then click on set start frame number will appear in then start frame then movie the bar to where you want to end and click on set end frame this will only code what you pick
hope that helps

hobo2000  2002-10-08 16:41:24 ( ID:1yd0ud.pnm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

once you encode then go to vcdeasy and add files make sure you name all the files in tmpg like file 1 file 2 file 3 and then when you use vcdeasy it can put them all on one disk

ASHY  2002-10-08 16:59:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The feature you require does exist in TMPG.

Double click the source range filter then using the 'Start' and 'End' buttons select the part you wish to cut out then click the 'Cut editing' button.
Choose 'Cut currently selected area' and that part will not be encoded.

Follow the above steps for each part you wish to cut out and it won't be encoded, but the rest will.

ASHY

Paul  2002-10-09 07:04:43 ( ID:8od7nydu0ak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy, that's exactly what I wanted! :)

Request - already mpg No.29119
hobo2000  2002-10-08 15:18:34 ( ID:1yd0ud.pnm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

already have a movie in mpg form i downloaded from kazaa now i want to split it to get it on a cd, but tmpg won't let me any suggetions out there as to another program that will do this for me???????????????

ASHY  2002-10-08 17:06:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If TMPG won't let you split it then there is a good chance it is not a valid MPEG file and thus wont work on a cd as a VCD in a DVD player.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-10-08 17:30:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the error you receive from TMPG when trying to split?

ASHY

holy cross  2002-10-08 19:33:22 ( ID:1yd0ud.pnm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

blazing saddles mpg file can not be created
i downloaded it from kazaa

minion  2002-10-08 20:47:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can allways try a different Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR or M2-Edit pro you can download an older version of each of these programs at h**p://apachez.net/ in the tools section...

ASHY  2002-10-08 22:45:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL..Holy cross r u trying to create an MPEG file from an MPEG file? If so rename your output to something different than source MPEG.

ASHY

Question - Doh No.29115
lupy  2002-10-08 14:27:26 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

downloaded ulead dvd workshop to make vcd menus...however i only have a cd-rw burner not a dvd burner......i get a power callibration error when i try to burn.....is this becuase the software only supports dvd burners?....or is there another reason.

minion  2002-10-08 20:44:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No it isn"t because it only supports DVD Burners cuz I use it with my CD Burner, there are a few up dates at the Ulead Web site to make it compatible with more types of burners, and while burning you have the choince of 2 burning engines une is the "Ulead" burning engine and the other is "NTI" burning engine, use the "NTI" burning engine Cuz the Ulead one Comes up with errors all the time...That is all I can think of...Good luck..

lupy  2002-10-08 22:51:46 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks will try that :-)

lupy  2002-10-09 15:58:04 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yup, the NTI engine worked :-) ty minion

Question - SO NEW & SO STUPID please help! No.29111
the_fly76  2002-10-08 11:58:43 ( ID:nce14fifvbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok so i want to make some vcds. i am downloading the movies in 2 sections (part1 and part2) off of morpheus. Now i know the next step is to convert each one from .avi to .mpg so i run TMPGEnc i am assuming the settings should be as follows: MPEG-1 VIDEO, 352X240, 4:3 525 line (NTSC), 25 fps, Constant Bitrate, 1150, (motion search precision)-Normal. The stream type is on System (video+audio). I am also wondering under settings what my audio stream type should be audio layer I or II? Does this look correct? When i try to load the selected .avi file into TMPGEnc it says -"selected file name" cannot open or unsupported- As for what to do with them once they are mpeg format i am sure i will figure out as i have been burning music cd's for some time now. Do i have to burn each part on a seperate disc? Hope you "guys" dont think i am too stupid but i dont want to waste a dozen cd's trying to figure this out.
thanks for all yur help in advance
Sheri
yahoo messenger: the_fly76
msn: wetforyoubabe@hotmail.com

lupy  2002-10-08 12:18:46 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

almost right..but its 29.97 fps for ntsc.use virtual dub to convert the audio to wav first and add to tmpgenc seperatly. U don't need to worry about the settings for a vcd mpg if u load a template. It contains all the correct settings for u.Make sure u use the same frame rate as the source as tmpgenc is not good at frame rate conversions. And as for making a vcd from the mpg goes u need burning software that burns cds as vcd formatt. Vcds have special folders on them and burning the mpg straight to a cd will not work.Once u convert your avis u will know how many dics u'll need. vcds have a certain number of mb per minute and u can't change that. If u are getting 'unsupported' msgs then make sure the direct show multimedia file reader in options/environmental settings/VFAPI tab is set to priority 2

the_fly76  2002-10-09 07:47:59 ( ID:nce14fifvbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what do you mean "make sure you use the same frame rate as the source"? and can i download virtual dub somewhere?

minion  2002-10-09 08:46:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

He means you have to encode to the same frame rate as the avi you are encodeing and each template has it"s own frame rate like "NTSC i2 29.9FPS" and "NTSC Film is 23.9FPS" and "Pal Is 25FPS" so you have to find out what the Frame rate of your AVI file is and encode to that frame rate..You can get "Virtual-Dub" at http://virtualdub.org/...

Question - Pinnacle Effects not showing on MPG-2 conversion No.29108
Barney  2002-10-08 11:27:36 ( ID:rvc5r/0flnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks-

I have a problem that TMPGenc doesn't seem to recognize the Pinnacle moving transition effects (ie burst windows etc). I'm trying to work around it, but am I missing a setting or something?

Thanks

Barney  2002-10-08 12:48:53 ( ID:8aadzeh8w6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this extra explanation may be better (as posted on adobe forum)
Hi folks-

I'm using:
premiere 6.01
pinnacle dv500
TMPGEnc (MPG convertor)
AVISynth plug-in

I've finished my project (55 mins) in premiere and wanted to export it to mpeg2 and burn a dvd (natch). All was going well, albeit s-l-o-w-l-y, and I ended up with a 2.5gb mpg file. However, when I viewed the file, I noticed that any pinnacle flying moves were simply ignored (the out frame and the next in frame are frozen through the transition).

I thought I had rendered the whole project, so I don't understand why.

In the meantime, I am exporting an AVI and will then convert from the AVI file, but is there any reason why I can't get those transitions from the timeline?

Any help much appreciated...

Barney

minion  2002-10-08 20:37:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is pretty strange that the transitions and effects arent showing up..I guess you are useing AVISynth to Export the file from Premier to Tmpgenc and I think that is were the problem probably is..There are a Bunch of High Quality mpeg encoders that you can use as premier Plugins like CCE or Procoder and they will produce as good or better results in Mpeg2 at tmpgenc..you can find these plugins on the net if you look in the right places..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.