TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 391 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Batch Encode Problems CDManProductions 3 2002-10-04 09:40:27
Question No Picture Dolby 3 2002-10-02 23:08:12
Question I forgot to run the Install.bat stuff before I started TMPGenc Alex 3 2002-10-01 03:33:48
Question Why does it say "unsupported file" for my .avis? Dick Kindig 5 2002-10-02 07:18:59
Question newby help newby 1 2002-09-30 21:12:31
Question LUPY, wait wait... Oh 1 2002-10-01 00:06:00
Question encoded movie is juddery wez 2 2002-09-30 21:38:24
Question just a question Antonio 3 2002-10-02 07:23:48
Question How can i select one vcd audio chanel when convert to avi iroshii 0 2002-09-30 17:07:53
Question .avi to MPEG Scott 1 2002-09-30 21:40:02
Bug report Error for 2 pass vbr jim 0 2002-09-30 12:58:27
Question how to read *.cstr shanghai china 1 2002-09-30 07:48:33

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 391 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Batch Encode Problems No.28833
CDManProductions  Home )  2002-10-01 00:12:50 ( ID:q6p5vbu39en )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i have more than 1 job listed in the batch encode section, once it gets done with the first job the program completly shutsdown. Thanks

CDMan

nsi_boro  2002-10-01 05:18:30 ( ID:5kkldonycel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use to get the same problem as you stated - but if I select all (CTRL+A) all jobs and hit RUN - everything encoded one after the other.

try it.

HAND, l8r

ffast  2002-10-01 05:29:22 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A. If you have ever done more than 3 or 4 jobs in Batch encoding;
2nd file is something wrong.

B. If you have never succeeded batch encoding;
Your hardware(PC, CPU, RAM, HDD or whole system) is not stable enough to bear/endure the pressure of Batch encoding.

While batch encoding, it should not run any other task. Overclocking is out of question in this case.

dsfs  2002-10-04 09:40:27 ( ID:i5sescxfz3n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

make a folder for ur batch encoding and it will work
thats what i do .. cos i use to have dis problem

Question - No Picture No.28829
Dolby  2002-09-30 22:24:19 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

installed latest version 2.58 with plug in but cant display movie in screen when its encoding i have p4 system running on xp pro with nvidia gforce 4 graphics card which means i get no picture when its complete please help

Minion  2002-10-01 00:10:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raiseing the "Direct Show file Reader" will probably fix it.."Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

coyote  2002-10-02 21:13:15 ( ID:fdoxi1hkrcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a similar problem. I use a Matrox Marvel G200 in Win98SE to capture TV broadcast. I then use TMPGenc to encode to mpeg-1. The last version that can encode the video is 2.2.31.1.

Once the wizards appeared I can't bring up video. I don't get any error messages, and audio works...just no video display.

I tried the modifaction you suggested but it doesn't help.

Any ideas what I need to do to bring video dispaly back in latest version.

coyote  2002-10-02 23:08:12 ( ID:fdoxi1hkrcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a similar problem. I use a Matrox Marvel G200 in Win98SE to capture TV broadcast. I then use TMPGenc to encode to mpeg-1. The last version that can encode the video is 2.2.31.1.

Once the wizards appeared I can't bring up video. I don't get any error messages, and audio works...just no video display.

I tried the modifaction you suggested but it doesn't help.

Any ideas what I need to do to bring video dispaly back in latest version.

Question - I forgot to run the Install.bat stuff before I started TMPGenc No.28825
Alex  2002-09-30 22:19:18 ( ID:uhqbc50bzlf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately I downloaded first only the program and forgot to download the install file. So I started TMPGenc and run it. It appears the message "30 days trial period has expired".

Also when I downloaded the whole stuff again and installed it properly, the message can not avoided any more.

Any hints ? I am working under WIN XP.
Thanks Alex

Minion  2002-10-01 00:09:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you Had a Demo Of Tmpgenc before??Cuz it you had another Version Of Tmpgenc previously installed on your system you can not have another one.They make it so you have to Purchase Tmpgenc after you have used the Demo once...

ffast  2002-10-01 02:29:05 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Quote from (http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_contact.html).
"Because of MPEG-2 licensing matter, we are not able to provide unlimited MPEG-2 encoding function for free, thus, TMPGEnc (which you can download from this website) has limited MPEG-2 encoding function because it is free."

As far as I know, according to MPEGLA, developper/distributer of MPEG-2 encoding/decoding have to pay if they distribute/sell such software/hardware, this is why TMPGEnc has limited feature.

Alex, you have choice, either buying TMPGEnc Plus, or look for another MPEG-2 encoder (although I do not know which is legal, which is not...).

R  2002-10-01 03:33:48 ( ID:3klufuoi8pw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am not happy with MPEGLA, but I am also not happy with some software / hardware, or people who ignores copyrights and patents.

I am not the person who jugde who is right etc., but I recommend you to buy if you need MPEG-2 encoder.

Question - Why does it say "unsupported file" for my .avis? No.28819
Dick Kindig  2002-09-30 20:33:26 ( ID:xlg.xak/2pr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I purchased TMPGEnc 2.8 and I'm using it in a Windows XP box. I have a bunch of .avi files and accompanying .wav files that were created in Speed Razor on an NT4 box using Matrox DigiSuite video cards. The files were saved as .avis at lossless compression.

Please tell me why when I select the files from TMPGEnc, an error states, "file (name) can not open, or is unsupported."???

I am in a huge hurry and need this problem solved!

Dick Kindig

Some knowledgeable saint could call me toll-free at 1-888-546-3441!!

gbagman37  2002-09-30 21:23:14 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have in installed the vfapi plug-in ? If so you need to change the priority settings for Direct Show
Options>Enviromental Settings>Vfapi Plugins>DirectShow (change the number to a higher one)
This is a built in plug in for TmpegnC, if it does not work try raising the priority on any of the other avi plug-ins.

Dick Kindig  2002-09-30 22:50:14 ( ID:xlg.xak/2pr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks -

I found the spot in the software you mentioned, and the codec you mentioned is set at -1. However, I cannot figure out how to change that. Most of the list is zero, then that one at -1, and another one at -2.

This is so confusing and I MUST get it solved tonight!

Dick Kindig

Minion  2002-10-01 01:31:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you talking about the "Vfapi Plugins"??To change the priority you Just "Right Click" on the Plugin and then you can eother raise it lower it or dis-able it...

hpoql  2002-10-01 23:55:11 ( ID:2i1nfyvgkfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been having the same problem. Have tried changing the priority settings but to no avail. Is it worth going above double figures or has anyone else some other magic up thier sleeves?

Thanks,

H

Minion  2002-10-02 07:18:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Double figures !! you mean the priority of the Vfapi Plugins?? They shouldn"t go above 2 or so...

Question - newby help No.28817
newby  2002-09-30 20:31:10 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a avi film 600megs and i want to be able to play it on my dvd player,
i was told i have to encode it to a svcd or divx format i have downloaded tmpg and have no idea on how to do this,is there a step by step guide some were ty :)

gbagman37  2002-09-30 21:12:31 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdhelp.com/
goto this site, it has everything you need to know to make your own VCD's

Question - LUPY, wait wait... No.28815
Oh  2002-09-30 20:12:19 ( ID:g1th51ncqp6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I used a wrong word... sorry about that.
what I'm trying to ask, is that how do I put the file infos in the property line.
such as, made by whom and when, stuff like that.
is there any way?
hope to hear from you soon.

Minion  2002-10-01 00:06:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are 2 ways that I know of to insert "Meta Data" into the File, you can do it in Tmpgenc buy going to "System" and check the "Comments" Box, then write in the information into the file, i have never used that way but i"m sure it works.And the other way is after the file is encoded Right click the file ,then go to "Properties" then to either "Id-Tag" or to "Summary" and fill in the Information..To put files on Kazaa and have specific information in the file you have to use Kazaa..

Question - encoded movie is juddery No.28812
wez  2002-09-30 18:38:31 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all !

After many months, Ive managed to get the quality perfect to how I wanted it, I have two small problems still though,

1) Once encoded, the play back seems to be a little juddery, (If you know what I mean), only the video though, the audio is fine.

2) My video souce is camcorder footage, now I use Pinnacle's studio 7 to capture the footage at full res, uncompessed, edit-render to AVI and drag it into TMPGenc, when encoding starts you get like a double vision, two frames in one on the fast movment of the footage, This I belive is interlace lines,

How on earth do I resolve this from being the case on my final product ????

By the way, I have tryed changing the output to non interlace.

Any help will be grrrrrrreat !!!

Thanks
wez

wcpaul  2002-09-30 19:14:45 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This sounds like a field order problem if the "juddering" only occurs on vertical motion. It is easy to fix as long as you don't mind re-encoding. The field order must be set properly in the MPEG Setting/Advanced page.

It defaults to "bottom field first" which is correct for DV source but analog capture is often (always?) "top field first". If you are proficient with avisynth/virtualdub you can seperate the fields and see which order they are in, otherwise just try the other setting.

Field order is probably just a flag in the mpeg file and maybe there is an mpeg header editor that would let you flip the bit. Otherwise you have to reencode.

Don't confuse this with "swapped" field order. Swapping the field order will not fix the problem. That is for fixing fields that are placed incorrectly in a frame.

Minion  2002-09-30 21:38:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The way to find out the Correct field order in Tmpgenc is to load your file into the "Wizard" then it will analize the file for the correct field order then adjust it accordingly...But Some times even if you get the field order correct you can still get a "Combing" effect which doesn"t look very good..You can solve this by useing the "De-interlace" filter in the "Advanced settings"...

Question - just a question No.28808
Antonio  2002-09-30 17:09:05 ( ID:gg1wtdequka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, i'm trying to make a movie widescreen but i'm having a lot of problem. I go into "clip frame" and try to put the movie at "center (keep aspect ratio)" but i see that both the left and right side are not filled up (square box looking). I also tried "full screen (keep aspect ratio)" and also see that both left and right sides are still not filled up. As a matter of fact only "center" and "no margin (keep aspect ratio) controls allow for both left and sides to be filled up and look more like widescreen. However, i would prefer to do the movie in "center (keep aspect ratio). When i tried to crop it the top and bottom get smaller but the left and right sides stay the same. Is there a way to make the left and right sides fill the screen (at 480 pixels) when using "center (keep aspect ratio). Thanks in advance

Minion  2002-09-30 23:59:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It will probably fill up the screen if Played On your TV...What is the resulution of your AVI file???

Antonio  2002-10-01 04:34:39 ( ID:gg1wtdequka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,it's 480x352...i tried "center (keep aspect ratio)" on my tv screen and see that both left and right sides are not filled all the way. However, "center" works nice but the "keep aspect ratio" is missing. Is it ok to use "center" and keep the "aspect ratio" out. Would my movie look weird?

Minion  2002-10-02 07:23:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can try center and Custom size and fool around with the settings till it looks right...It is really hard to turn that resolution into a Widescreen movie Because the Picture is Taller than it is Wide were Widescreen is Wider than it is Tall..And you can try useing the "16:9" aspect ratio but you just don"t have the correct resolution to Really good Wide screen appearance..

Question - How can i select one vcd audio chanel when convert to avi No.28807
iroshii  2002-09-30 17:07:53 ( ID:wcqqqqkupmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear all

i want to convert a vcd to avi (DivX), but i can't find way to select the my favorite audio channel.

Regards

Question - .avi to MPEG No.28805
Scott  2002-09-30 16:14:40 ( ID:uh0wabgk6ol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I try to convert my downloaded .avi movies I get an erroe telling me it can't be opened or it is unsupported. Am I doing something wrong?

Minion  2002-09-30 21:40:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

Bug report - Error for 2 pass vbr No.28804
jim  2002-09-30 12:58:27 ( ID:oycyzbxb0cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get an error right before the encoding of any file that i am converting when i am using 2 pass vbr, and have to stop encoding a few seconds before the encoding is complete so i can have a file. Otherwise it does not work. What is wrong help me

Question - how to read *.cstr No.28802
shanghai china  Home )  2002-09-30 07:12:37 ( ID:2acgrkv9eul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how to read *.cstr

ffast  2002-09-30 07:48:33 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look for "CSTRVfapi100.zip", but this is made by 3rd party
so TMPGEnc may not officially support this.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.