TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 389 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Quicktime no sound Josh 1 2002-10-19 23:01:37
Question SCRIPT ERROR????? joe 6 2002-10-04 21:37:52
Question Error near end of 2-hr AVI to MPG2 encode Sonny Trang 2 2002-10-10 10:44:46
Request A proposal Olli 0 2002-10-03 12:42:06
Question AVI to DVD disks wont play? DIDIDAVE 3 2002-10-04 09:25:41
Question External exception C000001D bness 0 2002-10-02 21:40:31
Question Can't open M-JPEG avi created by Fujifilm s602 lcg 1 2002-10-03 12:35:40
Question don t work whith napa dav! sylb 5 2002-10-06 14:09:03
Question the sound come after peter 1 2002-10-03 12:12:21
Question fades to pink JW 3 2002-10-04 21:27:43
Question How do u uninstall TMPGEnc 2.58 from Win 98 se ? Joe 1 2002-10-02 22:01:52
Question Do TMPG support DivX AVI files? Abel 8 2002-10-04 12:58:10

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 389 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Quicktime no sound No.28921
Josh  2002-10-03 19:44:52 ( ID:s5z0qtmg8gr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Installed TMPG ages ago, installed the quicktime fix of http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/svcd.html

everything works fine.

all of a sudden, it stop transferring the sound...

It's a pain as my camera records in Quicktime, but i can't email my short movies as some at their work can't get quicktime installed, it is blocked...

Did something change somewhere that stopped it from working?

I tried the mov2avi.exe, it's a command line it says, when you click on it, it opens for a second, what can i do with that...

Someone please help me send movies to family, thanks

Josh

ron flory  2002-10-19 23:01:37 ( ID:h.7iqq7wu26 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

mov2avi is a commandline program- don't click on it, open it from a command
shell (i.e. dos shell for windoze folks).

This program may or may not do what you want, my experience has been
that files are limited to 2Gm (only a few minutes).

ron

Question - SCRIPT ERROR????? No.28914
joe  2002-10-03 19:11:55 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Script error: there is no funktion named "IPCSource" (C:movie.avs/line1)

Anybody have a clue what I am doing wrong. I get this after I set up my DVDx and start the TMPGEnc in big red letters instead of the movie.
anybody???

joe

minion  2002-10-03 23:00:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there is something wrong with the AVS script that you are encodeing...and the error is telling you what the error is and were the error is..Open Up the "AVS" file with Note Pad and look at the first line of the script and edit the first line of the script to what it is supposed to be ..I don"t know what your script is so I cant tell you what exactly to do ....

joe  2002-10-03 23:35:18 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks minion

well the avs script looks in notepad like this: IPCSource("movie.mpg0") and the avs file i created in dvdx is named movie.avs. Any clue?

joe

minion  2002-10-04 03:18:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is not a Valid AVS file...Redo it and if it turn out the same script then There is something wrong with DVDX, I don"t know a single thing about DVDx so I cant help you there...And My Avisynth isn"t the best either but I do know that is not a Valid AVSynth script..

ASHY  2002-10-04 12:26:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't really know much about DVDx either, but the command IPCSource("movie.mpg0") seems correct.

This command tells AVisynth to connect to the Premiere export plugin and looks for the frameserver file with the name("movie.mpg0").
(You wont be able to see this file, but if the premier server is running it should connect to it.)

Is the framesrver running when you try to open the .avs file.
Also the command only works with AVIsynth versions below v1.0b6 and above v1.0b3 so check your version or download an earlier version and try it.

ASHY

joe  2002-10-04 19:21:04 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i give up, nothing seem to work.

Is there any other programs you guys recommend for making a DVD backup without needing 10 Gig hard drive???

joe

ASHY  2002-10-04 21:37:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you only have a small hard drive and want to make DVD rips directly from your DVDROM drive then you can kiss your DVD drive goodbye soon.

Making DVD rips directly from a DVD drive puts far too much stress on the drive and will shorten it's life considerably.

Depending on how long it takes to encode, your drive could be in operation for anything between 2 hrs to 15 hrs and if it's more like 15 hrs then this is a hell of a long time for a drive to run and if you are making rips constantly then the running life of the drive will soon be reached.

Hard drives are specifically made to run constantly and will run for a long time before breaking down. DVDROM drives and CDROM drives are NOT designed to run like this.

Take my advice save up and get a bigger hard drive otherwise you will only have to spend the money on a new DVD drive instead.
Once you have done that you will be able to start ripping the right way with thev right tools.

ASHY

Question - Error near end of 2-hr AVI to MPG2 encode No.28911
Sonny Trang  2002-10-03 17:52:21 ( ID:6z9tflwpa6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I currently get 'Unspecified Error:11175' near the end of a 1-hr
of AVI->MPG2 encoding, and I tried it again, and this time it happened
10 mins into in the process. I am using the 2.58 Trial version with
Windows 2K. I use CQ with 8K bitrate. One time it hung the machine
very early on when I tried with 2-hr AVI->MPG2. This is when I tried
with Windows XP, I don't know if this is Window or HW that causes the hang.

I will consider buying TMPG when it runs more reliable.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sonny

minion  2002-10-03 22:56:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc is very Reliable and Stable, there are many More factors than just tmpgenc to the reasons why problems occur...More often than not an error occurs because of a Codec or the File it self, or just the configuration of said System..Like Too many codecs installed on a single machine, or Iffy software installed on Said machine...Since I stopped Downloading my files off the net I haven"t had any problems encodeing Files...

seavixen  2002-10-10 10:44:46 ( ID:rawcgns3xq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try version 2.57
I run into the same problem but I do not think it is cause of Codecs or other things, cause reverting to version 2.57 the errors disappeared.

I have no idea on why is this happening, the error codes are for read errors, but sometime the system just locks.
The fact that 2.57 (not likely so much different) works, make me think there's a bug or instability in the current 2.58 version.

I run Win2K with the latest updates.

Request - A proposal No.28910
Olli  2002-10-03 12:42:06 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could we not have a sticky at the top of the forum - something to get people's attention 'READ THIS BEFORE POSTING' or suchlike, which suggets using the search function ?

It would avoid the same old questions being asked over and over.

Olli

Question - AVI to DVD disks wont play? No.28906
DIDIDAVE  2002-10-03 10:08:35 ( ID:doblop9nneo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help!
i'v been using tmpg for vcd for the last 3 month no probloms.
Now having bought a dvd 104 writer i wih to mke dvd's.
i have had some work but now none of the files i convert will play in my dvd player?
they will play fine on the pc using power dvd xp?
to make mattters worse they will play in my mates sony dvd player.
and before anyone says my player wont play dvd-r/dvd-rw's i can copy dvd's and use ifo edit to backup all my dvd collection?
has anyone got any ideas where i'm going wrong.

I'M USING DVD WORKSHOP TO MASTER THE MPEG FILE FROM TMPG TO DVD.

ps please help on the vfapi settings please.
many thanks
DIDIdave

bitltd@btconnect.com

minion  2002-10-03 12:39:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well If they play on your friends player then The problem Is odviously with your DVD Player cuz if the file were screwed then they wouldn"t work on your friends player..You can allways use a different authoring program???

wcpaul  2002-10-03 18:40:32 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using DVD Workshop to burn the DVDs?

I found that DVDs mastered by DVD Workshop then copied to hard disk and burned by DVDit LE do not play. The discs get into the menu but video does not start up at all.

I will probably contact Ulead tech support to try to get to the bottom of this.

snowfrogg01  2002-10-04 09:25:41 ( ID:hztmmyhjehm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i use dvd workshop, dvd movie factory and a couple of others, i get the 'wont play in some machines' but i think its down to the blank discs, i use an a04 and i have no probs with any part of it

Question - External exception C000001D No.28905
bness  2002-10-02 21:40:31 ( ID:f5vpgx0tnpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried to convert several .AVIs first using VirtualDub 1.4.10

using TMPGEnc version 2.58

After setting everything up I keep getting "External exception C000001D" just after starting the encoding process. Does anyone have any ideas?

Question - Can't open M-JPEG avi created by Fujifilm s602 No.28903
lcg  2002-10-02 19:31:14 ( ID:5zel0mlh.0a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I purchased a fujijilm s602 which creates 640x480vga mjpeg avi videos. I think quicktime was used to encode avi in the camrea. Any Idea how I can use tmpgenc to encode ot mpge for vcd ?

minion  2002-10-03 12:35:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have a "MJPeg Codec" installed on your system so Tmpgenc can decode the file....and if it happens to be a Quicktime file you will need a QuickTime Plugin for tmpgenc which you can find on Google...

Question - don t work whith napa dav! No.28897
sylb  2002-10-02 18:19:14 ( ID:lzgdmuewtor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i convert a video file into *.*mpeg in order to burn a vcd (with nero) so as to play it with my napa dav311 (portable vcd player) the video don t play correctly whereas the pc play it well .. how can i do to creat a corect vcd with Tmpegenc for my napa??

ASHY  2002-10-02 21:59:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem exists because TMPG does NOT create 100% VCD compliant MPEGs. Your player does require 100% VCD compliant files.

To correct this you need to download the phillips VCD 2.0 toolkit. De-multiplex the MPEG with TMPG first then re-multiplex the files with the VCD toolkit multiplexer.
This should then create a 100% VCD compliant file which should work in your player ok.

ASHY

sylb  2002-10-03 17:34:33 ( ID:i/z7uelvrih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

and where can i download the philips toolkit? ?? I ve tryed it seens to be hard to find.. and do you know a 100% VCD compliant encoder??

ASHY  2002-10-03 20:45:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not the encoder but the TMPG multiplexer which is at fault and I'm not quite sure which other programs do create 100% compliant streams.

Here is some info on it and a link to download the software.
http://www.vcdhelp.com/VCD2TK_Intro.htm

ASHY

Paul M  2002-10-05 18:07:39 ( ID:cdwx28qz11c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have to dissent here... I have "primarily" been using TMPG to make standard mpg for standard VCDs burnt by Nero. My source files tend to be .avi files downloaded thru KaZaa. If I use the TMPG standard VCD settings everything turns out fine. This is regardless of whether I play them on my progressive scan Panasonic DVD player or my non-progressive but VCD compliant Sony DVD player.

If I fool around with the bitrates then the resultant non-standard file can still be burnt to a CD-R by NERO but it will only play well on my progressive scan Panasonic.

I am no expert... but it may be your DVD/VCD player that is at fault.

ASHY  2002-10-06 14:09:03 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look.
It is well known by most people who have a lot of experience with TMPG and also known in a lot of other encoding forums that TMPG does *NOT* create 100% VCD compliant files. They will work in a DVD player no problem and maybe in your Sony, but will not work correctly in a strict VCD player such as the NAPA.
This is due to the way TMPG multiplexes and not the actual encoding.
This is a fact and not speculation.

ASHY

Question - the sound come after No.28895
peter  2002-10-02 18:10:09 ( ID:vxd/zhkjvma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
then I convert a avi file with tmpgenc and burn it into a cd with nero and then I see it on my vcd player the sound of that movie came after the film.
why ?
send that answer to
peterthedragon@hotmail.com

alexpm  2002-10-03 12:12:21 ( ID:dynxxttysmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use field "audio gap correct" in option "source range" to syncrony audio and video.
You can put an positive or negative value depending if audio is later or sooner.
when you convert to VCD be sure opcion "source range" is marked.

Question - fades to pink No.28891
JW  2002-10-02 17:33:57 ( ID:a7onuwu5qzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have converted a few avi movie files to mpeg1 files using TMPGenPlus and I am having problems with the video fading in & out with a pink tint...I am new to converting these type of files and have been going with the default settings...is there a fix for this problem??? Thanks

minion  2002-10-03 12:33:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The discoloration is usually caused by a codec you probably have installed on your system called "Angel Potion" you have to delete this codec and then re-encode your avi then the dis-coloration will go away...The Angel Potion Codec is a Hacked Mpeg4 codec that causes a lot of problems on systems that it is installed on...

JW  2002-10-03 17:04:02 ( ID:a7onuwu5qzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I checked the list of codecs in device mgr & codec properties and there isn't a codec called angel potion listed...is there another name used for this codec???

JW  2002-10-04 21:27:43 ( ID:a7onuwu5qzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is the fix...I found it on vcdhelp.com...it worked

change the codec reader settings in TMPGEnc under Option->Environmental settings->VFAPI plug-in and right click on the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and increase the priority to 1 or 2 and try open the video.

Question - How do u uninstall TMPGEnc 2.58 from Win 98 se ? No.28889
Joe  2002-10-02 16:08:30 ( ID:d2sm9uvw0h2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I was just rying to uninstall TMPGEnc 2.58 from my system
and didnt find an uninstall option anywhere in Win 98 se.
Thank You ---Joe

ASHY  2002-10-02 22:01:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Er....well first of all you must realise that if you didn't install TMPG in the first place then it would be obvious you can't uninstall it.

You don't install TMPG, you simply unzip it and run it, so to get rid of it just delete the TMPG folder.

ASHY

Question - Do TMPG support DivX AVI files? No.28880
Abel  2002-10-02 15:57:38 ( ID:hhpex/btral )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Try to using TMPG join some DivX format AVI file. But no picture. How can I do.

ASHY  2002-10-02 22:06:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raise the prioriy of the......blah.. blah...fed up with answering this one now...just do a search for 'Priority' on this BBS and you'll find the answer.

ASHY

Ok Now  2002-10-03 03:21:03 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I realize this one gets answered all the time but maybe this guy is new and what makes answering this question any different than before simply its becuase your tired dont take it out on the newbies. If you dont have any thing nice to say keep it to your self. Or you could just state to do a search for priority with out the attitude. You have to remember because this seems obvious to you doesnt mean its not for them.

minion  2002-10-03 12:30:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It has nothing to do with being a Newbie or not,It has to do with not looking for an answer to the question before you post the question..Every question to every problem with Tmpgenc is here is these Pages and everyone can easily find most of the answers to there questions if they just took a couple of minutes and read through a few posts .Or even useing the search function at the top of this page which is The first thing I see when I enter this Forum..Just asking for a little effort that is all...The Great One Helps those who help themselves..And I don"t mean Wayne Gretzky.......

ASHY  2002-10-03 20:55:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, glad ur always there mate to back me up when the clever dicks arrive.

Listen here Mr Ok Now, whoever you are. It's an easy thing to use the search function at the top of this page and is no big deal.
I may be fed up with answering that same question, but at least I didn't ignore it completely which I could have done. Instead I did direct the guy as to where he could find the answer and he probably did find his answer and more besides too.

So keep your smart comments to yourself until you have actually made some kind of constructive contribution to this BBS like I have in the past for the long time I have stuck around and helped out on it.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-10-04 01:38:49 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm Interesting you seem to have taken this all the wrong way.
I always have positive thing to say about you and often credit you with being a real good advisor hear. It is I who am the "OK Now" and I think referring to some one, as the Dick is kind of harsh. When all I was trying to say is you seem to be a little harsh on the Poster "Abel" maybe he isnÃÕ as quick as you to figure out to search past post before asking questions. I mean I know my self I have learned a lot since I have been here and you guys seem to have been very helpful in the past and professional. I am glade you agree you might be fed up with answering that same questions. You know I go through the same thing at my job and some times have to remember the people I deal with donÃÕ know half the time and the other half well they should know better...lol Any way to make a long story short I am neither criticizing you Ashy or Minion in any way all I am saying is lets be Professional here. And their is no sense in your saying "So keep your smart comments to yourself until you have actually made some kind of constructive contribution to this BBS like I have in the past for the long time I have stuck around and helped out on it." I am neither trying to be smart (Just respectful of others) or am I Refuting your giving to this BBS you contribute immensely here..:o)

crap!  2002-10-04 04:06:11 ( ID:jpecy53prkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i agree with "newtronX" if u dont have nothing nice to say then dont answer! geesh... instead of making that kind of comment to "Abel". for me i rather not get any answer than getting that comment from ASHY. i know its not that hard to search for your question but like NewtronX said maybe this person is a newbie. u know wut newbie are right? they prolly didnt even know how to use BBS. they just saw someone ask so they ask too... or you ca just comment "try searching it with da subject 'priority'"

you guys think ur effin good than everybody...

NewtronX  2002-10-04 10:48:01 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont think Ashy thinks he is better than every one myself he has always been on the whole very nice and helpful. However I do believe from time to time we all get caught up in life and forget to breath. Also I know exactly what Ashy and Minion are saying about people not helping them selfs seems their is a lot of that these days however their is no need to be un-professional and we should all be considerate of each other. Well I think this post is getting out of hand so I will ask we just drop this..Thank you Ashy & Minion I have a great deal of respect for you encoding advice its been a great help to me and I am sure many others please keep up the good work ~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-10-04 12:58:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok fine whatever I'm not bothering getting into a debate about this.
When I first posted that message the answer to the question had already been posted in a message posted on the same page then I went to the next page and the answer was there also and is probably on every page of this BBS.

Being a newbie does NOT excuse lazyness and I'm not accusing this person or anyone else of being lazy, but the search funtion is cleary visible is not hard to find and a quick read through the other posts is no big deal either.

It is a fact of life that people would rather let others do the work for them rather than make the effort themselves.

If I think someone has not made the effort to help themselves as it seemed to me in this case then Iam not bound by any law to help them myself.

Having said this I did give the poster the benefit of the doubt and did direct his question as to where he would find his answer.
So for anymore have a go heros and moral defenders all I can say is your comments don't count until you have actually proved you have made substantial contribution to this BBS and spent many hours trying to help others out as I do and know for a fact Minion does.

It wasn't with an 'attitude' that I posted the reply but more a vent of frustration at the common disregard for using the search engine.
It is there and should be used and a little ticking off won't hurt anybody and wasn't done in a nasty offensive way, but the post may be read by others and a lesson may be learned.
Unlike myself who finds it offensive that newbies EXPECT that they deserve the regulars advice and respect without making the effort for themselves.

On an end note I will say that most newbies are polite and are indeed in need of a little help and have no problem with helping those people out even if the questions are repeated. You can tell by a persons post whether they have actually made an effort to find the answer and as far as search engines go I've heard the excuse that it wasn't seen or they didn't know how to use it far too many times.
Search engines have been used on the net for god knows how long and are everywhere. If you don't know how to use a search engine than you shouldn't be on the net.

Apologies to anyone who happened to be offended as this wasn't my intention.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.