TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 429 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Stream Writing Error PPCAMPIO 3 2002-08-30 07:30:07
Bug report Can not make 16:9 DVD always go back to 4:3 why spiderman 4 2002-08-30 01:22:53
Question no video but got audio Zrseven 5 2002-09-04 11:33:05
Question Paul Mathees PAULY M 0 2002-08-29 01:58:53
Question Why does it reboot !??? Grim2000 0 2002-08-29 01:57:22
Question Playing SVCD on unsupported DVD Player Jack 3 2002-08-29 10:42:42
Question TMPGenc 2.5.7 on 2nd tranche of .wmv file totally slow MJB 2 2002-08-30 05:41:56
Question Video speeds up and slows down Rellik 2 2002-08-31 01:00:08
Question graphics? jake 3 2002-09-04 11:50:41
Question Can Not Encode any files over 5mins (approx) J 2 2002-08-31 23:10:15
Question Dumb Question From Newbie StephenS 2 2002-08-28 23:06:40
Question Jumpy frames Dogez 4 2002-08-28 23:09:16

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 429 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Stream Writing Error No.27306
PPCAMPIO  2002-08-29 04:35:41 ( ID:.iu2xtwv3b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just purchased version 2.57 and when I try to convert an AVI to MPEG2 for an SVCD about 1% into the encoding I get the error "Stream Writing Error". I did not encounter this problem using the TMPGEnc 2.5 evaluation version. I converted many files using it to MPEG2. Can anyone tell me what the error means and any tips on how to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Minion  2002-08-29 05:14:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a bug in the 2.57 version that gives it this error when writeing the Header on SVCD file, The only way I know how you can get file file encoded is to encode it as a plain "Mpeg2" not a "Mpeg2/SVCD", All you have to change in the settings is go to "Settings" to "System" and in the "DropDown Menu" change it to "Mpeg2-VBR", Depending on the authoring/Burning Program you Might have a problem burning it but if you are useing "VCDeasy" it will burn it, and so will most Ulead Burning program but if you have a problem you can put the SVCD header on the "Mpeg2" file by useing the "Mpeg Tools" "Merge & Cut" and load in the file and choose "SVCD/Mpeg2" from the dropdown menu then choose your output file and then click "Run" then it will make a exact copy of the file but with the SVCD header so you can burn it with any authoring program, BUT you will have to use the "MPEG TOOLS" from a different version of Tmpgenc cuz Tmpgenc 2.57 has this bug writeing SVCD Headers....

MikeH  2002-08-30 07:10:26 ( ID:l3hmeluin1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Minion:

Does this bug occur only in certain circumstances? I just tried to encode an SVCD with 2.57 and it worked fine. Nero also accepted the output as fully SVCD compliant.

Best regards,
MikeH

Minion  2002-08-30 07:30:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No It doesn"t happen all the time and It seems to pop up more in the Mpeg tools, it will crash with an error right when it starts writeing the svcd header..There have been a lot of poeple complaining about that one..

Bug report - Can not make 16:9 DVD always go back to 4:3 why No.27301
spiderman  2002-08-29 04:35:13 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I rip a DVD and set it to 16:9 with TMPG that have the built in Wizard it always go back to 4:3 even thow I set it at 16:9 TMPG that does not use the Wizard does not have this problem is there a way to fix this problem im useing WINDOWS 2000

Minion  2002-08-29 04:57:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is because the wizard uses premade templates and these templates are set to 4:3 cuz that is the standard TV Resolution, I don"t use the templates or the wizard accept for finding out the correct field order, if you don"t use the templates you can adjust your own settings to what ever you want you can change the bitrate and have a wider selection of settings and filters to choose from, but you have to know your way around Tmpgenc pretty good and know what most settigs do...So to change the settings, like the output "Aspect ratio" after you are done with the Wizard go the the main Screen and click the "load" tab in the bottom right corner, then look for the "Extra" folder then find the "Unlock.mcf" template, double click it and then all the settings should be unlocked so you can change then then click the settings tab then under Video you can change the Aspect Ratio to "16:9......

spiderman  2002-08-29 16:20:22 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help it work's like a charm also does this fix when you set the audio bitrate to 224 so it does not go back to 384 when I use Ulead I get lip sync problem's with audio at 384 but not with 224. Once again thank you for your help

Minion  2002-08-29 22:29:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes The audio should stay At 224kbs.....

spiderman  2002-08-30 01:22:53 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encode with 2.56 but I think I field wrong ulead would not take the file and the video was choppy but I think the setting was right

Question - no video but got audio No.27295
Zrseven  2002-08-29 02:17:45 ( ID:y8mepc8j5nn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i got this proggy (tmpgenc) now im trying to convert from avi to mpeg but the problem im having is i have audio but i have no video i run win 2000 pro please let me know what the problem is

Minion  2002-08-29 03:15:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is that the audio in your avi is not supported in Tmpgenc ,what you have to do is extract the audio from your avi file to Wav with Virtual Dub and use that as the audio source....Tmpgenc doesn"t like to encode compressed audio formats ,sometimes it works but other timres it doesn"t so it is allways good to extract the audio to wav just to be safe......

Paula  2002-08-29 15:46:28 ( ID:1znpa7h6aww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem. I followed everything step by step but I only have audio.. no video. The screen is completely black though I can hear everything. The file generated was 1.6gig and took 10 hours so I believe it should all be there.

Please let me know if you have a clue as to what is wrong.

I am going to start the tutorial over again to see if a different program failed somewhere.

Paula

Opus  2002-08-29 16:05:30 ( ID:iekvkc.58dj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try saving the original avi as an avi file with PCM audio using Virtualdub.
video select same codec as original file - full processing mode, Audio to full processing PCM.
This will create an avi file about 2.5* the size of your original but will encode correctly with tmpeng (this reripping can take about 2hrs or so depending on pc used)

Minion  2002-08-29 22:28:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PAULA, You need to Raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" you do this by going to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Sir Snooze Pz  2002-09-04 11:33:05 ( ID:mbasfnd3ye. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Direct Show File Reader" you do this by going to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2" - "1" worked well for me as well (0,-)

Question - Paul Mathees No.27294
PAULY M  2002-08-29 01:58:53 ( ID:ipb7t2avhyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello test

Question - Why does it reboot !??? No.27293
Grim2000  2002-08-29 01:57:22 ( ID:jvufjskbx6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, ive been trying to encode a couple of files using tmpgenc but during the encode my pc reboots by itself, everytime!!! its really starting to piss me off. Im not sure whether its some components in my pc or if its a bug in tmpgenc...

any clues before i throw my pc out the window?

Question - Playing SVCD on unsupported DVD Player No.27289
Jack  2002-08-28 22:45:18 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been playing with the "header trick" to see if I could play a SVCD on my Sony player. Here is what I was given and the guy says it works on his player, which is the same model as mine:

1. In TMPGenc, FILE/MPEG Tools
2. "Simple Multiplex"....end up with errors.
3. Select "MPEG-1 Video-CD
Now this next step really confuses me!!!
4. Video input 'Your MPEG file' - browse to AVSEQ01.mpg file
The only instance I see of AVSEQ01 is on the cd after it has been created. If it is only on the cd, on the D: drive, how can you use that file?
5. Output "destination for your finished file".

Is this method a farce or is there better instructions?

Thanks,
Jack

Olli  2002-08-28 23:03:52 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why not just convert to SVCD with TMPGenc, then load the mpeg file into the Merge&Cut, select Type - MPEG1 Video CD (non standard), and hit Run .....

Jack  2002-08-29 01:23:01 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That seems to work!

Thanks for the help,
Jack

B_Racer  2002-08-29 10:42:42 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Header-Trick is working on a wide range of DVD-Players.
File -> MPEG-Tools -> Simple Multiplex
Open the MPEG-File
Use Stream Type Video-CD (non standard)
Choose a new Name for the File
Hit Run-Button
Burn the File as VCD (you can use Nero to do this)

Question - TMPGenc 2.5.7 on 2nd tranche of .wmv file totally slow No.27286
MJB  2002-08-28 22:03:44 ( ID:md1ttm52evr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded TMPGenc 2 weeks ago, installed it and didn't do anything with it until today I tried it today as a "newbie." After an initial successful AVI-to-VCD encoding I tried a WMV-to-SVCD (MPEG-2) encoding.
This successfully produced a first MPEG-2 file (source range 0..68000) in less than 45min from the .wmv file.

Subsequently, I unfortunately moved the directory with the TMPGenc executable (including the .mfc templates) and started running into problems... I delete all TMPGenc related files, downloaded the software again, unzipped it, reloaded the SVCD-PAL .mfc file, and tried to use it again on the 2nd tranche (source range 67500..136000) of the .wmv file.

In the past 1.5 hours TMPGenc has produced 1.6MB (out of 770MB) and is listed as "Non Responding" for the most part (not always) in the Windows task manager.
I am running on Windows xp.
What went wrong?
I am in principle willing to buy the TMPGenc Plus version but only if I can be sure that this actually works going forward. Pls help.

Minion  2002-08-28 22:10:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc does not Fully support WMV files, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn"t, I have had simular problems with encodeing WMV files ,It would encode up to a point then seem to stop, then a while later it would start again just to stop somewere else, you can allways encode your WMV files to AVI and encode that to mpeg......

Starlight  2002-08-30 05:41:56 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem with .WMV is that is not the same as .AVI and therefor causes problems. It usues a microsoft mpeg4 codec, but for starters the wrapper is different. wmv's are handled different than avi's.
also wmv only knows 15 and 30 fps which is not standard anyway.
Every encoder i used so far has problems with wmv, except moviemaker.
(I wonder if MS tries to force us to use wmv?)

Question - Video speeds up and slows down No.27283
Rellik  2002-08-28 20:53:40 ( ID:nnr0yjf2cs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I've been searching all over the net for another person who seems to have this problem and I've only come across one person, and it wasnt much help. I guess I'm some what of a newbie, so bear with me. I encode avi files into mpegs using TMPGEnc, and they look fine when I play them on my computer, they even look fine when I burn them and watch them on my DVD player, but only when I'm watching them on my DVD player will the video suddenly speed up while the sound remains the same so they get out of sync, and then the video slows way down to catch up with the audio it seems, it always goes back to normal but when I'm watching movies and this happens its quite annoying. If anyone has any Idea's that I might try they would be greatly appreciated, Its really starting to piss me off because I can't figure out what it is. Just for example one of the video's I'm doing it with has the following specs:

Resolution: 640 X 272
Bitrate: 1536 kbps
Frame Rate: 23 / s

I'm encoding them as NTSC Films, and the video arrange method I use is full screen (keep aspect ration 2), otherwise the film looks stretched out. I hope you can help me because god knows I can't help myself. Please respond if you know of anything I might try, or E-Mail me at Rellik2003@hotmail.com

Paul M  2002-08-30 20:05:44 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi... The symptoms that you describe sound a bit like what was happening to the movies I was recoding. I would use the AVI file (generally from KaZaa, although the new Morpheus is seemingly just as good and a lot prettier!)
Anyway I would take a avi movie download, use Virtual Dub to make a .WAV file of the film's audio, use TMPG to encode the file as a.MPG file. I would use the original .AVI file for the video source and the .WAV file for the audio source. The resulting MPG file usually runs over 1 gigabyte, so you need to use TMPG's MPEG tools to edit the whole file into a series of smaller ones.
Now this is the point where I screwed up every day for almost 3 months. I never changed the setting in the "CUT and Merge" box of TMPG tools. I always left it in the "standard" setting, instead of the proper VCD setting.When I would put the CD-R into my DVD player the video and audio always seemed mismatched. A woman's lips would be moving, but a man's voice frfom either the scene before or the scene after, would be heard.
Now that I know to reset the settings of the Cut and Merge tool my audio and video are in perfect sync! (Thanks to the guys on this BBS!!!)

Rellik2003  2002-08-31 01:00:08 ( ID:nnr0yjf2cs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's not it, because even if I don't have to cut the mpeg into smaller ones it still happens. It doesnt start with the audio out of sync, it happens while I'm watching. All of a sudden it looks like someone pressed fast forward but the audio doesn't go fast so they are out of sync for either a few seconds or a few minutes and then the video goes really slow and catches up. It keeps happening at various points throughout the video. The wierd part about it is that it happens in the same spot every time, even if I re-encode the video it still happens in the same spots that it did before. Do you think it could be because of some kind of copyright protection encoded in the AVI file?

Question - graphics? No.27279
jake  2002-08-28 18:47:36 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IS there any program i can use to dvd author a VCD without using quality of having to use that ulead program with a plugin

Minion  2002-08-28 21:41:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your files at totally VCD compliant then there are lots of them "VCDEasy, Ulead dvd workshop, "Video wave 5" Vidio Pack" Win producer" and the list goes on......

jake  2002-08-29 05:17:01 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

minion, i am very bad at this dvd thing please explain it an the easiest way possible how is a VCD totally compliant and how can i check please explain it step by step. these programs are just like movies i download then convert and now i want to add like chapters and menus to make it look professional

Sir Snooze Pz  2002-09-04 11:50:41 ( ID:mbasfnd3ye. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Jake take a vist to VCDHELP.COM This has a Step By Step on how to do vcd as minion says there is a lot of differnt programs u can use if u dont have a lot of HD space u can opt for DVDX ver 2.0 (a few bugs) or DvDX 1.8a as thay rip and encode from the source ...

If u r very new 2 this then opt 4 VCDeasy and it is a all in 1 ...

hope this helps u out

Question - Can Not Encode any files over 5mins (approx) No.27276
J  2002-08-28 16:57:41 ( ID:a5wtvdpm9of )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPEG is being temperamental.. it used to encode long MPEGs and doesnÃÕ! The largest file it will now accept (.avi) is of arounf mins 40secs or soEWhy ???

Minion  2002-08-29 03:27:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of error are you getting??????

tom  2002-08-31 23:10:15 ( ID:efz8pjutkaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

high, i have the same problem, it just stops encoding an mpeg2-file and hangs up

Question - Dumb Question From Newbie No.27273
StephenS  2002-08-28 16:48:39 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here goes an obvious easy question to answer- Does this tmpgenc allow to transfer avi files( mostly downloaded movies from the net ) to a readable format for my dvd player. I used to get movies in this format from someone I used to work withm, so I know my player can read them. However, I have been looking for the proper program for a long time. HELP.
PLS send email as I do not go to the qweb sites often looking for answers to questions.

Stephen stille5679@rogers.com

Paul M  2002-08-28 18:05:58 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Taking AVI files and transforming them to MPG files that can be burned to a VCD is what TMPG does best. For a quick tutorial go to VCDHELP.COM. If you find you need help with the basic terminology go to: www.lukesvideo.com/
If you are just starting out I would first assemble a collection of avi files that you want to transform (you get them from KaZaa or something similar, correct?) and when you have a few, download the free versions of TMPG encoder, and Nero Burner. (http://www.ahead.de/en/
Now you have the 2 principal pieces of software tools, and your files. One other thing you need... about 100 CD-Rs. Because the guys on this board can point you in the right direction, and can answer specific questions, but really, there is a lot to learn before you can consistently turn out a good product. Buy the CD-rs in bulk and that way if you have to toss out 4 or 5 cause the picture jumps or the audio isn't in sync it won't hurt so much!
In the beginning use "the Wizard" for both of the programs... later on you can start getting fancy.
Oh, and after you do make a TMPG MPG and go to burn it with NERO, you may find that you often get amessage that your video file has problems and that Nero would be happy to re-encode it. To this, just say no... and then hit the burn button.
At this point you will have gotten one foot in the water...

Olli  2002-08-28 23:06:40 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What a helpful post !
Thanks for taking the time out to post.

Question - Jumpy frames No.27268
Dogez  2002-08-28 15:23:59 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert from avi to mpg and then burn onto a vcd the quality isnt all that good (I'm converting to PAL 252x288, 24fps the original fps was approx 14, is this the problem?) before conversion it was almost perfect. The particular problem I am getting is the transition from frame to frame is not smooth when played on my dvd. I have had to increase the priority of the direct show settings in order to convert the files. Can this affect the smoothness? Or is their something else I can do? Can anyone help me?

ASHY  2002-08-28 17:19:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is the framerate conversion. TMPG does not do proper framerate conversion and in any case 24 fps is not the correct framerate for PAL.
There is a guide in the pages somewhere in this BBS that gives a step by step conversion and how to do it correctly.

Try searching using key words such as frame rate and conversion.

ASHY

Paul M  2002-08-28 18:11:27 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I don't know if this really adresses your problem... For the first 2 months of using TMPG I thought my final product had to be in NTSC format to run on my DVD player (I live in USA). When I saw that a AVI file was in the Pal format I would tell TMPG to encode it in the NTSC format. The result was a lot of jumpy films. Either Ashy or Minion told me to encode to the same format as the original source file and then burn to CD-R. I did that and now my films do not jump. My Panasonic DVD player apparently doesn't care if the format is PAL or NTSC.

Minion  2002-08-28 21:36:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is what I do and I don"t have a problem at all playing Pal movies on my Ntsc Tv, But I guess some poeple do.....

Olli  2002-08-28 23:09:16 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a PAL TV which Im sure can handle NTSC.
How can I tell if my DVD player will ?

...I have checked www.vcdhelp.com ...I suppose there's only one way to find out ...try ;)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.