TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 438 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Bad mpeg? kraken 1 2002-08-23 07:06:16
Question Error Message Jack 3 2002-08-23 21:05:35
Question TMPGenc causes Invalid Registry Problem joeAgain------ 6 2002-08-24 01:00:15
Question 29.97 fps capture errors.. GorillaPalmz 2 2002-08-23 03:27:28
Question Stream Write Error Polar 1 2002-08-22 21:27:05
Question Metadata david smith 2 2002-08-26 21:56:52
Bug report input 2:50 Hrs, finished after 1:34 hrs Tomi 3 2002-08-23 09:14:16
Question bad quality ... :( proctor 1 2002-08-22 21:21:20
Question All those options to specify! Eric 1 2002-08-23 01:42:24
Question TMD filez Blacksunshine 1 2002-08-22 21:16:49
Question tmpg i cant let Tmpgen work like it should wo 2 2002-08-23 16:18:18
Question no sound kok 1 2002-08-22 21:10:04

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 438 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Bad mpeg? No.26939
kraken  2002-08-23 05:45:32 ( ID:z9hc.bhfquj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used vcdgear to extract an mpeg of an svcd. It broke the mpeg into two parts, the last (and smallest) one being 100 megs, and 7 minutes long. When i try to load the second part into tmpgenc it claims that the second mpeg is invalid. When i load the second mpeg into media player it still runs fine. Is there any easy way to correct the second mpeg header so that tmpgenc will merge the two back together and convert it to vcd?

Thanks,
Kraken

Minion  2002-08-23 07:06:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you use the multiplex or the "merge & cut" it will put a new header on the file and possibly correct the problem....

Question - Error Message No.26935
Jack  2002-08-23 03:43:34 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some movies saved as svcd and my dvd player won't read them. I heard you could run TMPGEnc "MPEG Tools" and set the type as MPEG1-Video-cd and the header would be changed so it would "fake" the dvd to thinking it was reading a vcd instead of a svcd. When I run TMPGEnc I ge the following error message:

"143604 s packets cause buffer underflow. The MPEG file might cause erro when it played".

Is this method correct and what causes the underflow?

Thanks

Minion  2002-08-23 07:04:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You shouldn"t get this error if you run it through the "merge and cut" instead of the multiplex"...

Jack  2002-08-23 13:20:03 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will that method still accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks

Minion  2002-08-23 21:05:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, you are just putting a vcd header on a svcd file.........

Question - TMPGenc causes Invalid Registry Problem No.26928
joeAgain------  2002-08-23 01:37:13 ( ID:3w5vehkrmag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I run Norton SystemWorks Fix Problems function, I get this "Medium Level" problem notice:

Missing or Invalid ActiveX/COM SubKey Entry
the key,"CLSID{EC8DD32F-8110-4F89-BD09-0C2A86E9729E],"refers to an invalid application identifier,
"{003857E1-EEC6-7092-0E40-0008563345AA},"

How the heck do I fix this?

Does anybody know, Please?

(the reason for my upset comment previously was because I am upset with the changes in your latest update. And that TMPGenc apparently needs a DVD decoder that will cost me extra money to get now in order to encode DVD to VCD.....and that the change occurred very shortly after buying your product)

Minion  2002-08-23 03:22:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need A mpeg 2 decoder to Watch your mpeg files so I don"t know what the big deal is ,It does not cost anything to for a Mpeg2 decoder, just download a demo of power dvd and it will use it"s decoder, I think it is one of the best fixes that they have done on Tmpgenc..You can still use the old "m2v-vfp" plugin if you want it will still show up in the plugin list and still works but this works much better...As to registry problem, does the registry thing cause any problems???It shouldn"t cuz Tmpgenc does not use your registry to run, I think the only stuff it puts in the registry is something so you can"t use a 30 demo for more than 30 days and it wont let you use a new demo..This information stays in your registry after you delete Tmpgenc, so that is probably all it is, and if you delete the registry entry then you could probably use a demo again but sisce you are registered it don"t matter....

joeAgain------  2002-08-23 12:41:56 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for answering, Minion
there are a number of things that have conserned me about your product lately(and some of my user friends on video message forums).

1)that Norton warning only happens only after I run your program...and it says that the invalid program ID in the registry can cause crashes with my system. I Have had my computer freeze while doing a few lengthy encoding projects from DVD to VCD...and think that is possibly why.

2)I did not uninstall your trial version when I purchased Plus, I just clicked on the popup and overlayed Plus over the trial version. I think some items of the trial version(like this problem)remain in my registry and I don't know how to get rid of them.

3)I have not yet upgraded to 2.57 yet because of 2 things. I read a post on this board that someone had an older version that worked well, but when they upgraded to a later one, it did not work as well...and when they tried to go back to the earlier good working version, some parts of the newer one remained hidden in their system and the program never again worked well in the prior version because of it. I'm afraid of upgrading to 2.57 because if I find it does not work as well as 2.56 is(except for the freezes), there will be something left in the registry(like the issue that Norton is finding now)that will remain and not make it function as it had before I upgraded.

4)those proprietory DVD players all cost money don't they? PowerDVD costs $50.
What are you talking about they are free? Only the limited 30 day trial is free. Why did you say that? Your upgrade will cost me money if I use it in the cost of a new DVD player decoder purchase....Or if not, TELL me of a free one that works before I upgrade! I don't want to upgrade then find I can't go back because of parts of 2.57 still left hidden in my registry and then be FORCED to buy a player. WHAT ones are free that you say exist???

Your help in all these issues will be appreciated. I had been please with your product until all this started!

thanks,
Joe

Minion  2002-08-23 21:40:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are lots of free mpeg2 decoders on Kazaa if you want to try there and if you have any "Ulead" products on your system then you should have the "ligos" mpeg2 decoder installed also, and if you have any Cyberlink products on your system you will have the cyberlink decoder on your system, but you can still use the "m2v.vfp" mpeg2 codec that was for the old versions so in that regard nothing has changed cuz you can still use the old codec with the new version, it is just more stable with the new codec support..You can just delete the invalid registry entry or "Norton" should have deleted or fixed it,and it shouldn"t cause a problem cuz Tmpgenc does not rely on the registry for it to run properly, I use "norton system works" to check my system and it is a great tool for cleaning up your system .........

joeAgain------  2002-08-23 22:40:31 ( ID:3w5vehkrmag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,
I'll check into those decoders you mentioned.

But about Norton finding that registry problem. I am talking about their SystemWorks too. It's their "Norton Utilities...Find and Fix Problems that finds that registry error every time I encode with TMPGenc. And yes, I tell it to "fix" it each time. I run a few programs and check again...Norton says my system is clean and has no problems....I then run TMPGenc(nothing else) and check Norton again....and it tells my there is that registry problem.

There are TMPGenc keys all through my registry...in about 10 different places. So, I don't know why you say my registry is not affected by TMPGenc.

One of the registry entries appears to be the free demo version(2.54). Would you recommend that I delete it? Do you think that is causing all this as you mentioned the 30 trial connection before?

ALSO....Do you see what I mean? Things from other versions of your program stay in the registry and affect things. Are you really telling me that if I upgrade and decide to go back to 2.56 as I'm using now....that something of 2.57 will not remain in my registry afterwards and affect how TMPGenc works?

I think this proves items stay behind from other versions and affects things.

Please answer THOSE 2 comments/questions! Please

Minion  2002-08-24 00:18:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Will effect your registry but Tmpgenc does not rely your registry to run, but deleteing old entries from versions that you do not have installed anymore will not hurt your system or how tmpgenc runs and should be done to help keep a clean healthy system, so if you arent useing 2.54 then you should delete the entry..If you upgrade to 2.57 you can still have 2.56 and if you don"t like 2.57 then delete it and all it"s old reg entries.That is strange though that the reg entry is being read as an error with "System Works" have you tried to delete Tmpgenc then get rid of all it reg entrys then re-download it and see if the new entries are being read as invalid by System Works??I have 2.56 and 2.57 installed and Norton hasn"t given me any specific registry errors regarding Tmpgenc, but it has given me invalid entries errors from versions I don"t use anymore, I just delete them, Norton Can seem a bit over paranoid at times but I guess better safe than sorry...Have you gotten any specific errors while running Tmpgenc that mention any specific registry entries???If I were you I would wait to up-grade Tmpgenc, The new version has better support for mpeg2 files but It has some really annoying bugs in the mpeg tools so that is why I still run 2.56, maybe the bugs will be fixed in the next version.......

joeAgain------  2002-08-24 01:00:15 ( ID:3w5vehkrmag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,
I Very Much appreciate your honesty on waiting on upgrading to 2.57 because of current bugs,etc. I will wait on those revisions.

TEMGenc has performed OK, except for freezing my computer after finishing encoding.

Please answer these question, please:
Could the version 2.54 registry folder be the 30 day demo that I used before buying Plus? (and could possibly be the problem because it was a demo form?)

AND....you said you have both 2.56 and 2.57 on your computer. Are you able to chose between them and switch back and forth, if you want to? (or does the computer automatically use the latest version?)

I am appreciating your help here, Minion.

Question - 29.97 fps capture errors.. No.26925
GorillaPalmz  2002-08-22 21:33:06 ( ID:ldzmmcvpcuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've never had a problem capturing at 19.x fps. every capture i've done completes without issue. as soon as i began capturing at 29.x fps, i've run into many issues. i have an athlon 1.4 ghz machine, 256MB ram, 40GB 5400 rpm hard drive...sometimes the my machine just stalls - i cant click on anything on the screen, capture stops, i need to reboot. other times the incoming image becomes scrambled and i need to stop capture and restart my machine to get it running properly again. i didnt get any of these problems before at 19.x fps. has anyone experienced this before? is this indicative of a memory issue or what?

thanks in advance,
gpalmz

GorillaPalmz  2002-08-22 21:45:13 ( ID:ldzmmcvpcuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry, this is more of a virtualdub issue, but if anyone knows anything, please let me know!

Minion  2002-08-23 03:27:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This could be a memory issue cuz when I capture on my 1.7ghz Intel at 29.9fps I drop frames like crazy, and the system freezes up sometimes, it also could be a driver problem , I capture at 24fps now cuz I don"t drop frames and I can still use my computer to do stuff while capturing ..I sometime capture useing "Windows Media Encoder" to capture to "Microsoft mpeg-4 v3" and can capture to 30fps with out much of a problem with pretty good quality and Tmpgenc encodes the file fine.........

Question - Stream Write Error No.26923
Polar  2002-08-22 20:09:40 ( ID:2xqfbwyazal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey when i'm encoding a file from .avi to mpg it says "Stream Write Error". What is this? and how do i fix it?

Minion  2002-08-22 21:27:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you getting low on "Hard drive "space????

Question - Metadata No.26920
david smith  2002-08-22 19:51:48 ( ID:pagnkalqoo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to ad metadata -- primarily Title, Author, Copyright info., etc.? If so... where are the settings?

Minion  2002-08-22 21:26:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Under settings go to "system" then check the box that says "comments" then type in your information.....thats it.....

david smith  2002-08-26 21:56:52 ( ID:pagnkalqoo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I followed the suggestions and I still do not get the information listed as need when I bring up the File properties. Ideally, I would like the end-user to be able to open the file, sellect File/Properties and see
Title:
Author:
Copyright:
Comments:
etc.

Right now--even with adding the comments before encoding--I get "Unknown" in all catagories

Can these fields be determined before encoding?
Thanks,
david smith

Bug report - input 2:50 Hrs, finished after 1:34 hrs No.26916
Tomi  2002-08-22 17:01:40 ( ID:u1gjpk3cjuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
just used the downsampling feature. Had an impute film (m2v) of 2:50 hrs. Now TMP started the compression (Q50 2500-3500) but reaching 100% the film had been cut at 1:34 Hrs / 2,xx GB .. what did I wrong why didnt it covert the entire film ? help by mail - thanks !!

Minion  2002-08-22 21:24:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know why it didn"t convert the whole film but What I do to encode "m2v" files and allways works is use "DVD2AVI" to make a d2v project file and encode that with Tmpgenc, I have never had a single problem useing this method for encodeing mpeg video files......

Kisoo Lim  2002-08-23 07:08:54 ( ID:dgm2ltqadm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I assume the problem is file size limit based on FAT32 filesystem.

To make a file above 2g size, you have to use NTFS.

Minion  2002-08-23 09:14:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

4gb is the Fat 32 limit 2gb is the Fat 16 limit, and not many systems run on a Fat16 system anymore..I think the bitrate is a bit high if you are doing a svcd then you are going to have to put the 3 hour movie on 4-6 cd-r"s...

Question - bad quality ... :( No.26914
proctor  Home )  2002-08-22 15:57:58 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

These are the pics I got for you to see how bad the quality is .. maybe you can tell me why this happend?

http://channels.dal.net/proctor

Minion  2002-08-22 21:21:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those are Interlaceing artifacts, and you will get them with most interlaced sources, you correct them by going to "settings" to "advanced settings" and double click in the "De-Interlace filter" then a window will pop-up with you movie displayed in it , you go to were the lines are really noticeable then go through the filters untill you find the one that looks the best, usually the "Even Field" gives good results but it depends on the field order of your file.......

Question - All those options to specify! No.26912
Eric  2002-08-22 15:55:03 ( ID:nuyzboysqq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi people!
There are so many options to specify in TMPGenc! How do I know which option is correct! For instance, how can I specify the correct Video Source Setting when I don't have that information! I have a source file (MPEG, that's all I know) and I just want to convert it to SVCD format. No quality loss, if possible.
I know I can use Nero for this, but whe I do audio gets out of sync (about half a second).

ffast  2002-08-23 01:42:24 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgencexplained.htm

http://www.digvid.info/tmpgenc/

Question - TMD filez No.26910
Blacksunshine  2002-08-22 12:47:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried to turn a AVI file made with the tmd codec into and MPEG and it just had a black screen once it finished, the sound was there but no picture was present. I was wondering if there was a way around this problem?

Minion  2002-08-22 21:16:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m not sure what format "TMD" is but you can try to raise the priority of the "direct show file reader" this works with Direct show formats like divx/mpeg4, go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi plugins" and raise the "Direct show File Reader" to "2"...

Question - tmpg No.26907
i cant let Tmpgen work like it should wo  2002-08-22 09:44:54 ( ID:tvhkdl5rpt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tmpgenc stiil encode my avi to mpeg2 very bad
it worked before untill i swicth from tmpg 12 to tmpg2.53 2.57
if i reinstall tmpg12 again no difference

i tried all templates none of them worked

when is ready with encoding movie stutters skips or shocks

i read some where that it can be your o.s with the sofware that can give this tmpgenc problems ... like kazaa .. true/false

Minion  2002-08-22 21:13:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That skipping jumping effect could be caused by encodeing to a differant frame rate than your source file,You should only encode avi files with a frame rate of "23.9/24/25/29.9/30/FPS"if your avi file has a different frame rate and you encode it with tmpgenc you will get that jumpy skipping effect....

i cant let Tmpgen work like it should wo  2002-08-23 16:18:18 ( ID:8pumounkuh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

but the movie i encode is an 23.97 to 25 fps

Question - no sound No.26905
kok  2002-08-22 09:33:30 ( ID:8buzgb12aog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Windows XP, Premiere 6.0, Avisynth and Tmpgenc, newest release. After converting to SVCD there is no sound. What's the problem?

Minion  2002-08-22 21:10:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to make sure that the audio in your source file is Wav format, you can extract the audio to wav from your source file then encode that to mp2 audio then multiplex it with you svcd/mpeg2 file.....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.