TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 446 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question No sound takumi 1 2002-08-16 06:49:11
Question encoding avi to vcd...too large a file Jules 4 2002-08-17 08:43:12
Question Own Terje 1 2002-08-16 06:32:37
Question how can i record an avi file in more than one cd? Bella 1 2002-08-16 06:28:56
Question why does it stop after 2 minutes? mistykat 2 2002-08-17 07:53:34
Request Play audio to verify delay value Randall Miller 0 2002-08-15 21:40:25
Question Changing VFAPI settings - TMPGEnc Hangs Jerry 0 2002-08-15 21:06:17
Question Leaving Audio Uncompressed DrMEB 1 2002-08-15 20:38:04
Question Vitual Dub question spongebob 2 2002-08-16 08:05:56
Request Effects of TMPGEnc options tryoty 1 2002-08-15 19:04:12
Question My Mpeg file has sound but no video sdsgohan 3 2002-08-16 13:58:42
Question A couple more ac3 questions Olli 0 2002-08-15 09:38:20

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 446 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - No sound No.26637
takumi  Home )  2002-08-16 03:13:00 ( ID:s6gardsr9eg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an AVI file to VCD. It works fine except that there is no sound. What could be the problem? Thanks a million.

--takumi

Minion  2002-08-16 06:49:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your audio is an unsupported Format, you need to extract the audio to a wav file and use that as your audio source........

Question - encoding avi to vcd...too large a file No.26632
Jules  2002-08-16 03:09:04 ( ID:qcto6i68q12 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to encode a avi file to vcd...usually i can encode about 60 min which usually only ends up to be around 650 to 700 meg file...but now i am encoding 65 min VCD at CQ..max 4000 min 1800 quality 100, and audio @ 224 i get 830meg file. The file specs are 14 fps, data rate 44kps, video compression ms-mpeg4 v3. I have tried turning the audio down to 192 or 196 which ever it is with only about 20 megs different in size as well as turning down the quality to 80, with not much luck. I am under the impression you can only fit about 830megs on a 80min cd...its coming up 850...why is this avi coming up so big?
Another question is if you overburn with nero will they still work on my dvd player? I can play vcd svcd and xvcd fine but does it change anything when you overburn...and if so what is the limit in size for overburning for them to still work?

Thanks a bunch
Jules

Minion  2002-08-16 06:48:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is probably no way you can get 830mb on a 80min cd-r, the max I have ever gotten(without overburning) is 807mb, and the reason your file is so big is your minimum bitrate is too high, with 65 minutes of NTSC movie the max bitrate you can fit on a 80min cd-r is 1557kbs with 128kbs audio , this is a bit higher if you are useing NTSC Film,or the Pal template, but you will probably experience very Choppy playback on your dvd player cuz you are encodeing a non-standard frame rate, 14fps is a VERY non-standard frame rate, which means that if you are useing the NTSC Template then Tmpgenc has to make up more than half of the frames of the mpeg out of nothing so you will have a massive ammount of frame duplication which will give you a extremely choppy playback, it might not look as bad on your monitor but on your TV you will definately notice it...Overburnt CD-R"s should play fine on most DVD players but burning them can ruin your CD burner...You should get a Bitrate Calculator so you have an idea what your bitrate should be set at.......

Jules  2002-08-17 05:10:54 ( ID:qcto6i68q12 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok so how should i encode it then as a ntsc? How do i change the framerate so that i can encode to a ntsc 29 fps?

thanks
Jules

Minion  2002-08-17 06:36:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can"t...I used to TRY to encode movies that i download off places like Kaaza but the results were allmost allways the same, jumpy playback, and out of sync audio....You can try to encode these movies they are watchable but there will usually be parts in the movie that just look bad..Poeple put these movies out for download with these wierd frame rates cuz the files are half as big as they would be if they would use the proper frame rate, so they can be downloaded quicker.I quickly learned that if I wanted trouble free and high quality vcd/svcd"s then I needed a DVD-Rom and start ripping..they are super Cheap like $70 or less......

Olli  2002-08-17 08:43:12 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Agreed ... if you want perfect results all the time you have to rip the DVD yourself, but for me for instance, the reason why I started encoding to VCD was because I had downloaded films which I didnt necessarily want to rent or buy. I only ever use DVD rip DivX sources,

As for the weird framerates ... I used to use Kazaa, but you never know what you are downloading so for the past year or so I have been using edonkey and couldnt be happier.

The reason why I like edonkey is because there are websites with links to movies on them, so you know the movies have been tried and tested and are good quality. I never use search functionality, just website links.

So if you dont want to rip yourself I would recommend edonkey for getting good quality DivX's

Question - Own No.26630
Terje  2002-08-15 23:13:44 ( ID:hf1objxg5ea )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. i am trying to convert a avi file to mpg, and nothing wrong so far. But when im done i just have pictures, no sound. Look like it drops the sound during converting.
I am using only a avi file to convert from, but shouldnt that be enough.
Can anyone plx help me out with it?????

Minion  2002-08-16 06:32:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An AVI file is good enough for the Video but not good enough for the audio, Tmpgenc only supports certain audio formats, actually it seems to only Fully support Wav files, you need to extract the audio from your avi file to a wav file with "Virtual Dub" then use that as your audio source, you should do this most times too be safe......

Question - how can i record an avi file in more than one cd? No.26628
Bella  2002-08-15 22:33:31 ( ID:g2ju.idwhkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey, i wanted to record a 233 vcd file into a 70 minutes cd but obviously its not possible. how can i record it in two cds? it doesnt seem to shwo that option!

Minion  2002-08-16 06:28:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess the odvious way would be to encode the movie and then split it into 3 Parts, sound right to you?? go to "file" to "mpeg tools" to "merge and cut" here you can cut it in half...OR you can use the "Source Range" in the advanced settings to encode your movie in 3 parts, yes 3 parts, there is no way you are going to get 233 minutes of VCD on 2 cd-r"s, ......

Question - why does it stop after 2 minutes? No.26625
mistykat  2002-08-15 22:17:43 ( ID:c88rvwrwqq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert an avi to an mpeg........it stops after 2 minutes. Up until then........it is working! And when I say it shuts off......I really mean it, everything just dissapears from my screen. help?

johnson610  2002-08-16 03:16:38 ( ID:ae2uh6fsrgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you need an avi splitter, just search for one on google

Minion  2002-08-17 07:53:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now tell me what the heck does an avi splitter have to do with tmpgenc crashing after two minutes??huh,get it together!!..Does the program crash after two minutes with every file or just this one??or have you tried any other files with Tmpgenc???If it happens with every file then try deleteing tmpgenc and re-install it but if iy only happent with this file that it is probably a problem with the file, try to scan through the file with the slider in the "Source range" and see if tmpgenc reads the whole file....

Request - Play audio to verify delay value No.26624
Randall Miller  2002-08-15 21:40:25 ( ID:daas392zyur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Play audio in preview.

Option to play audio to verify audio delay value.

Question - Changing VFAPI settings - TMPGEnc Hangs No.26623
Jerry  Home )  2002-08-15 21:06:17 ( ID:2sas8zasr6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I change the VFAPI settings TMPGEnc hangs and I have to end task on it.

Question - Leaving Audio Uncompressed No.26621
DrMEB  2002-08-15 18:49:12 ( ID:8n1tnloxod2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert my avi, with uncompress audio to mpg-2 video with uncompressed audio?

Minion  2002-08-15 20:38:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You use uncompressed audio and encode the audio in Tmpgenc to mp2 audio...

Question - Vitual Dub question No.26618
spongebob  2002-08-15 16:28:35 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know this is a tmpgenc page but some of you also use Virtual Dub and this is the best help page. I want to put a couple of the Simpsons episodes on one cd. Since you can't fast foward on vcds i was wondering if i would be able to make each episode a separate chapter. If you can use virtual dub or any other programs to do this please tell me about them. Help is appreciated.

Minion  2002-08-15 20:46:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtual dub does not do that kind of stuff, if you want to put chapters in your vcd you need to use a authoring program that supports Chapters, VCDEasy supports chapters but it is a little difficult to place them were you want them with vcdeasy, "Ulead DVD Workshop" supports Chapters and menues and is easy to use, I use the "Ulead DVD Plugin" cuz it supports xsvcd also.....

Olli  2002-08-16 08:05:56 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use vdeasy ..good little prog.
Oh and .. you can fast forward vcd's .... at least you can on my player (Sony DAVS300)

Request - Effects of TMPGEnc options No.26616
tryoty  2002-08-15 14:10:09 ( ID:t3q4wtv43bf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there documentation somewhere that describes the range of settings for each TMPGENC option and the effect of those ranges on output?

I found this: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Template.html

which tells how to get DVD compliant output from TMPGENC. However, by using those settings I have yet to get output that will work on my < 1 year old progressive scan JVC player. I think its the max bitrate causing the problem... I get output, but its horribly choppy. VCDHelp.com shows most JVC players at 2500 Bits/S and I have been setting that to 7000. How damaging is lowering the bitrate to 2500 to the overall picture?

I have a prosumer level camcorder (Canon GL-1). When I connect the camcorder direct to my RCA hidef TV the picture is incredible... nearly hi-def quality, seriously!

I need to burn that kind of quality onto DVDs... but so far have come up short.

I've used ULEAD, MGI Videowave, Pinnacle Express, and TMPGEnc as encoding software and Sonic DVD, MyDVD, and Pinnacle Express as the burning software.

I am getting "good" results with all of them, not much difference in them actually. But what I am getting falls considerable short of what I see when connecting the camcorder direct to the TV.

NOTE: I have only tried SVCD & XSVCD so far. I am trying to get the settings right before burning DVD's at $8 each!

I'll try some DVD's this weekend and see if the results are better.

Sorry for the long post :-)

Troy

laserfan  2002-08-15 19:04:12 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's possible (nay, likely) that the JVC doesn't like your non-standard SVCD attempts (7000kbps!!! std SVCD is 2600 max). But you should indeed try making an SVCD at 2500kbps--if your player plays SVCDs at all then this is an acceptable bitrate, and you might like the quality OK, at least if the source is from broadcast TV. Note XSVCD is not a standard--I'd suggest you try to make some "standard" VCD, SVCD, or DVD before venturing into experimentation.

Re: your goal of DVDs I have a couple of ideas:
1. Get some DVD-RWs to practice with (I assume you have such a burner)
2. Author to your hard drive first (to VIDEO_TS level) for testing
3. Get a Hollywood Plus MPEG decoder card (Sigma Designs). You should be able to find for <$30 and will show you true quality of your work b4 burning.

If your encodes look good on your computer and your DVD-RWs either don't play or look bad w/your JVC, try another player first before writing-off TMPGEnc.

Other things I've tried:
1. Pinnacle Express does lousy encoding
2. ULead DVD Workshop works well but is expensive
3. DVDit! chokes on non-compliant video/audio

Question - My Mpeg file has sound but no video No.26612
sdsgohan  Home )  2002-08-15 13:43:26 ( ID:qwnzcvfzlln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My Mpeg File doesnt work properly. It plays sounds but u cant see anything at all. I used TMPG but i wasnt sure how 2 set it up. I burnt it on to VCD and it still doesnt play video although the sounds works fine. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!

andref4  2002-08-15 20:40:23 ( ID:5cnsbyzghmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, we can di it!

start tmpgenc and go to "options-enviromental setting- vfapi plug-in" and set the direct show multimedia file reader at +2. press the right mouse button and set higher priority.

But you must encode your movie again!

sdsgohan  Home )  2002-08-16 12:17:15 ( ID:stffbob9ma. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How Do I change it to +2

Thanxs For Helping Andref4

Olli  2002-08-16 13:58:42 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right click it and select 'higher priority' - will raise it by one.

Question - A couple more ac3 questions No.26611
Olli  2002-08-15 09:38:20 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know how to save an ac3 audio stream via Vdub and convert to wav via heac3che, but I have a couple of points Im not sure about ....

- How can I tell if a particular file is encoded with an ac3 audio stream ? Is it a case of saving as a wav from Vdub and if it errors with unknown compression format, it must be ac3 ?

- Whne converting to wav with heac3che the file encodes but I always get a message about the last frame being corrupt. Is that normal ?

thanks

Olli

P.S I tried getting Vdub ac3 but the links I found did not work. Also I wasnt sure whether that would allow me to convert to wav.

Currently I just do a direct stream copy, rename the wav to ac3 and convert with h3ac3che.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.