TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 456 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Problem with home VCD reader bouhraoui 1 2002-08-08 20:54:41
Bug report Pb cutting svcd mpg2 file replic 0 2002-08-08 17:44:14
Question Blue Screen Of Death whenever I encode! JohnDecowski 1 2002-08-09 22:03:32
Question Eric tvgm18 3 2002-08-08 21:21:14
Question MPEG2 with special Audio Codec -> VCD Raaz 1 2002-08-08 20:58:50
Question Sound a little slow! Preacher{ 1 2002-08-19 03:02:57
Question HELP!!! How I can convert Real *.rm to *.avi or *.mpg TaRaM 1 2002-08-08 14:32:48
Question Write Errors in CQ mode - Still looking for the solution BigVince 1 2002-08-09 06:05:01
Question Sound but no video Terri J 1 2002-08-08 03:54:08
Question Noise in Sound @ SVCD VJ 5 2002-08-10 13:32:42
Question AVI is slow... VaguelyWeird 1 2002-08-08 21:55:59
Question Frameserving AlterImage 1 2002-08-07 23:54:06

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 456 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Problem with home VCD reader No.26262
bouhraoui  2002-08-08 18:32:41 ( ID:zabjay2.dyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I convert an AVI file captured by virtuel dub utility to mpeg and burn a vcd with Nero burning software.
The VCD is playing well in different computer but on panasonic home VCD players ( all in one : vcd, cd, K7 and radio palyer ) i can hear only some part of sound track but no image, can every one have any help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

ASHY  2002-08-08 20:54:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you have used the standard VCD template.
If this is true VCD player then it could be that it doesn't like the files TMPG creates as TMPG does not create 100% VCD compliant files.

If this is the case you would need to de-multiplex the MPEG and re-multiplex with a 100% compliant Muxer such as the one found in the Phillips VCD 2.0TK toolkit.

ASHY

Bug report - Pb cutting svcd mpg2 file No.26261
replic  2002-08-08 17:44:14 ( ID:z.m5bpadjb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
i've a problem when i cut a svcd mpg2 file with tmpgenc tools. i've already install powerdvd4xp and i've windows'xp.
i can't cut file because the time ruler don't want to move at right or left!
i tried the same with windows2000, no problem! So a bug with windowsXP??
t
Another bug with 2.57 when tried to open mp3 file. (even with priority changed).
Encoding svcd movie on windows xp create error when 2.57 build svcd header at head! (problem of mp3 stream encoding i think)

Another bug with 2.57 when vieved svcd mpg2 file with mpg2 tools, the picture is deformed instead of 2.57 on win2000.

please corrects the problem.
thanks for dev, tmpgenc is the best prog i've ever seen!
but more compatible with w2000 than wXP :)

Question - Blue Screen Of Death whenever I encode! No.26259
JohnDecowski  2002-08-08 17:38:17 ( ID:rdkivswdiaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am encoding from DVD2AVI .D2V project. I am encoding a VCD MPEG1 format. I have an Athalon 1.2GHz, with Windows 98 SE. And this thing keeps giving me the blue screen of Death in the middle of my encode. Any comments?

Minion  2002-08-09 22:03:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know if this is the problem but try raiseing your "Virtual Memory"..

Question - Eric No.26255
tvgm18  2002-08-08 17:27:03 ( ID:itod11blhy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, all. I'm curious about something... I read that TMPGEnc can encode to DivX. But when I did output to file to AVI, it didn't list the DivX compression. How can I get that? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

tvgm18

ASHY  2002-08-08 20:57:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are probably using an older vesion. In these versions the there is a bug. The codec buttons are hidden. You can just see the oulines of the buttons at the far right. If you download the new version this has been fixed.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-08-08 21:09:05 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

YES TMPGenc works great for DIVX. :o)
In order to select the codec:
1>Ensure the Codec is loaded to your OS you can get it from WWW.DIVX.com
A. Go to your Sound and audio devices under control panel>Hardware Tab>Video Codecs>properties you should see the codec here.
B. If no codec was present go to add/remove and remove Divx. Then re-install Divx (Cross Your fingers and check again)

2>Launch TMPGenc>Load the source>File>Output to File>AVI file>Setting (Next to Video)>Compression Drop Down>Select Divx>Setting and adjust to your liking.

I said in B. (Cross Your fingers and check again) because 5 months back I couldnÃÕ get my DIVX to re-install properly not a normal issue but it seems my systems registry got screwed up by a Trojan I picked up off the net. Damn Hackers. So the only way I could get all my video codecs to work again was to Wipe windows and reinstall. No big deal for me since I keep all my data safe on separate Hard drive.~NewtronX

NewtronX  2002-08-08 21:21:14 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah.. Ashy has a good point about the Codec buttons not being visible in the older versions. They recently fixed that a few versions back thank fully.
I assumed in my other post you saw other codec's to chose from but Divx wasnt a option Since you said "it didn't list the DivX compression"
I use TMPGenc to make DVD's into DIVX's all the time.~NewtronX

Question - MPEG2 with special Audio Codec -> VCD No.26253
Raaz  2002-08-08 17:26:36 ( ID:vujygirzd9r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert a Mpeg2 with Morgan Stream Switcher as Audio codec to VCD.

I have Intervideo Video Decoder as Mpeg2 codec.

ASHY  2002-08-08 20:58:50 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Extract the audio to a wav file with Virtual dub.

ASHY

Question - Sound a little slow! No.26251
Preacher{  Home )  2002-08-08 16:53:58 ( ID:qvoomgokaza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey guys, long time reader first time typer I am converting AVI to Mpeg using TMPG Enc then burning to disk (mpeg to VCD) using Nero >> when I play the CD on a DVD everything looks great even the sound. Exept periodically during the movie the sound get a little behing the video this may happen 2 or 3 times during a movie and only last for about 2 to 3 minutes. I know its not that big of deal but becomes very annoying after doing 76 movies this way.

Basically my Audio and Video are not running at the same time I really notice it when they talk there mouth is moving and the sound is about 3-4 seconds behind......... Please Help.

Ruiner  2002-08-19 03:02:57 ( ID:vzhybxp8vpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just started encoding and am experiencing the same problem but a lot more frequently.. After about 3 minutes the sound and video is out of sync and the they seem to correct. This process repeats itself throughout the entire video. I haven't found an answer yet but I agree it is very annoying.

I am encoding with seperate AVI and WAV source files..

Question - HELP!!! How I can convert Real *.rm to *.avi or *.mpg No.26249
TaRaM  2002-08-08 13:39:19 ( ID:r0evhiurgj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help!!!
I just want make VideoCD with my favorite video clips, but they all in *.rm formats.
:(

B_Racer  2002-08-08 14:32:48 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the Program EO-Video to do this in a single step.

Question - Write Errors in CQ mode - Still looking for the solution No.26247
BigVince  2002-08-08 04:15:46 ( ID:3xkghnfgfyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While encoding in CQ mode, the following error is displayed: "Write Error occurred at Address (number) of module tmpgenc.exe with (number).

Sometimes it comes 100 minutes into a 120 minute AVI file, other times it comes 30 minutes into the AVI. It is pretty unpredictable, and needless to say, it is extremely frustrating. The AVI is a legit type-2 file which was captured on my computer, not downloaded. In CQ mode, it was able to transcode the complete AVI the first time around. I wanted to up the quality after inspecting the output M2V. The second and third time it bombed out. This is a pretty big problem. Does anyone really have a clue as to what could be causing it? Could it be a combination of the motherboard, processor, or memory being used? Could it be a bad hard disk? Does anyone else seem to have this problem. If anyone else is getting CQ mode to work without bombing,

Thanks for any advice.
Vince

fenchel  2002-08-09 06:05:01 ( ID:6yit03qdwvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well possible - i get that sometimes too , also in unpredictable manner and as my bard/cpu combination (Asus V7KT266 / AMD K7) is known for causing troubles everywhere, i blamed it on that. most of the time just restart helps - or smallest changes in the source such as dropping the one frame that crashed it :)

Question - Sound but no video No.26245
Terri J  2002-08-08 00:39:36 ( ID:jn/e5tcjki2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to use this software for quite some time now but I still can't get it to work right. I want to simply convert an avi file to mpeg. I have however gotten sound now but with no video. Any suggetions would be appreciated.

Minion  2002-08-08 03:54:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the "Direct Show File Reader" you do this by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2"........

Question - Noise in Sound @ SVCD No.26239
VJ  2002-08-08 00:11:37 ( ID:bt4ksc0lygj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a SVCD(PAL) from the movie "Animal" with the tools Smartripper,DVD2AVI and TMPGenc. After encoding I recognized that the .mpg file is "noisy" in the sound...I don't know how to describe it...but the .wav file that DVD2AVI created is okay. After ecoding there's something like a "shhhhhh" in the background of the sound. What's the reason fot that ? Does anybody have the same problem ? Solutions ? Perhaps the IDE-cables are "disturbed" by an electromagentic field of other hardware components ? Please help !

ASHY  2002-08-08 21:05:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The source file most probably had a different sample rate than the MPEG you have encoded to. TMPG's samplerate converter isn't too good. You can download a good alternative called SCMPX which you can use as an external encoder with TMPG. You can find this under 'Options'

The other alternative is to load the source file into Virtual dub then extract the audio to a wav. Click 'audio' and change the samplerate to 44.1 khz and make sure you tick the high quality box then laod this as the audio only into TMPG and encode. You will end up with an Mp2 file. Multiplex this with your already encoded movie using the MPEGtools.

ASHY

VJ  2002-08-09 00:50:51 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"The source file most probably had a different sample rate than the MPEG you have encoded to."

I used DVD2AVI to extract the .wav file. Then I took the .d2v file and the .wav file to encode in TMPGenc. It worked fine until I now changed the hardware in my PC. I had a Athlon 800 MHz and a Asus A7V mainboard and now I have a P4 1,6 GHz running at 2,154 GHz overclocked and a Asus P4B533-E mainboard. Perhaps it's a problem with the overclocking of the P4 ???

I'm not a crack with all these tools and I thought that TMPGenc is good, easy to use an makes very good results. The problem is that DVDx 2.0 makes the same results with the "noisy" sound. And I tried 3 different movies... what now ?

Please help !

ASHY  2002-08-09 10:25:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It may be your overclocking, I think that is too high for your processor unless you have some sort of extra cooling I would clock it down now before you do irrepairable damage to not only your processor, but the other components on the motherboard.

I have a 1.7 ghz processor which is O/C at 1.9 ghz and has extra cooling. I have done many tests and runs stable at this speed. Any higher and the other components on the board become to stressed and begin too fail.

If you have simply O/C your FSB then your memory is probably running at too high a speed and you may find as I did that you will get less performace at such a high O/C as the memory starts to fail and may be part of your problem.

Also your graphics card will probably be seriously overclocked now unless you have some sort of utility to underclock it back down to a more reasonable level.
It may also be that one of your overclocked components which is running to high and is thus introducing this as distortion to your file.

My advice whether overclocking your processor is the problem or not is to drop the over clock to at least below 2ghz before you damage your board or components on it.

ASHY

VJ  2002-08-09 13:00:57 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tested with "normal" 1,6 Ghz and the problem is still there. :-(
So overclocking could not be the reason...

Does anybody else have an idea ?

PLease help !

ASHY  2002-08-10 13:32:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I still suspect it is the samplerate conversion.
I would use SCMPX with TMPG or use Virtualdub and convert the audio again then listen to the audio.

ASHY

Question - AVI is slow... No.26237
VaguelyWeird  2002-08-07 23:27:12 ( ID:xciadovdc1n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the newest version of tmpgenc to convert avi into mpeg. However, when i finally start the encryption process, the "Processins inverse telecine" is still at 1% after letting the computer run one night. I wouldn't worry, except I that I hear no "computer sounds" so to speak --> the computer isnt actually doing anything. Not only that, the the program is always very slow in responding... I have to wait... oh 10 seconds before anything happens.

Help!

Atomico  2002-08-08 21:55:59 ( ID:v9wxvha4ylm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm i have the same problem :(

Question - Frameserving No.26235
AlterImage  2002-08-07 22:43:37 ( ID:ixj0s4lwpdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to FrameServe to Tmpgenc with Flask MPG and AVISynth plugin. When I try to load the video.avs file in Tmpg, I get script error there is no function "IPCSource" (c:windowsdesktopvideo.avs, line 1). Am I missing a plugin, or do I need to rewrite the avs file? Help??????

ASHY  2002-08-07 23:54:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an error in your script. You have asked AVIsynth to do something it can't do.
Post the script here and I'll take a look at it.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.