TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 451 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request New feature to add TMPGEnc Naapi 5 2002-08-13 16:39:12
Question Jagged Edges with motion Al 4 2002-08-17 04:25:31
Question Question to ASHY (and maybe some others too ;-)) Nico... 6 2002-08-13 15:26:29
Question If TMPG encodes up to a specific point, can I edit around that point? Paul Memoli 1 2002-08-12 17:03:43
Question How about a manual for TMPG Paul Memoli 3 2002-08-13 00:07:44
Question change from .tpr to .mpg? emma 2 2002-08-12 13:49:07
Question Created DVD with Ulead Movuefactory with TMPG mpg file and now the videoplayback is not smooth doede douma 6 2002-08-13 23:29:12
Question Fed-Up with TMPGEnc tdshaju 17 2002-08-17 05:34:23
Question Better Quality (Help Please) Fedric 2 2002-08-13 07:10:57
Bug report bug if cutting mpg2 svcd file if another tmpgenc mpg2 svcd encoding in background replic 3 2002-08-12 13:19:42
Question no video after converting to Mpeg meanstreat 1 2002-08-12 03:10:21
Bug report Merge & Cut causes audio glitches? Anon 1 2002-08-11 21:55:32

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 451 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - New feature to add TMPGEnc No.26477
Naapi  2002-08-12 17:38:19 ( ID:ford/kczmff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wish there is option in TMPGEnc shutdown computer after
it finishes editing (shut down when done).

In FlashFXP ftp client has option to log out from ftp sites
after trasfer is complete and then shutdown computer, same kind
feature would be nice to tmpgenc too because video editing takes
usually long time and it would be nice to leave computer/tmpgenc running
at night and go sleep and morning everything is done and computer would
be turned off too automaticly.

ABS  2002-08-12 19:58:12 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Instead of pressing "Start" button, go to "File"->"Output to file"->"MPEG file" then select file name and then when it starts you will have under the progress bar a chack box for shutting down the computer when it finnishes encoding.

ABS

andref4  2002-08-12 23:58:57 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Multilanguage MPEG support in one of the next versions!!!

I hope tmpgenc becomes multilanguage mpeg support. for all movies I ripped in two languages I muste use the (free) bbmpeg encoder. Hope tmpgenc can doo this yob in future, too!!!

ABS  2002-08-13 04:25:10 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't know about other people here, but I have never had any problem multiplexing a video stream with two audio streams...

ABS

Naapi  2002-08-13 13:32:38 ( ID:ford/kczmff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ABS, i found shut down box and it worked just like i hoped, thanks again.

ASHY  2002-08-13 16:39:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep two audio or more audio streams works fine in TMPG here also.

ASHY

Question - Jagged Edges with motion No.26472
Al  2002-08-12 17:31:08 ( ID:hukdtzb7abf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Group,
Am about to order a DVD writer and am currently trying different TMPGENC settings to create MPEG2 from my AVI files. I have found some very helpfull hints in this group but have been unable to remove the blocky or pixelated artefacts from the edges of objects during motion. I have no idea what this will look like on the 32" TV but is clearly noticeable on my 17" monitor. My source is a Sony DV camera.

So far I have tried:

Resolution 720 x 576 and:

a) 2 pass VBR, 8000 max, 3500 min, 6200 average with high quality motion search, DC component precision-10 bits, VBV buffer to auto

or

b) CQ VBR, quality setting 62

I can't see much difference between either method although b) seems to be faster.

Suggestions,

Cheers,

Al

diveboy  2002-08-13 03:34:53 ( ID:cihlwzpfbpc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try changing the field order, I'll assume that you are going top field first, try bottom field first instead.

diveboy  2002-08-13 07:12:16 ( ID:cihlwzpfbpc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try changing the field order, I'll assume that you are going top field first, try bottom field first instead.

diveboy  2002-08-13 08:07:58 ( ID:cihlwzpfbpc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

charv  2002-08-17 04:25:31 ( ID:vnd4dhf3cb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try messing around with the deinterlace under advanced settings it worked for me preview each during jummpy section of movie this also adds alot of time to the process but it worked for me.

Question - Question to ASHY (and maybe some others too ;-)) No.26465
Nico...  Home )  2002-08-12 16:55:32 ( ID:t/w4sqkslyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

I loved your SVCD template. The 4000 Max.-1800 Min. CQ 65 settings is really great.
I would like to ask you what bitrate settings you use for (X)VCD.

Thanks,
Nico...

Olli  2002-08-12 17:00:40 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use

res 480x576
CQ min 1500 max 2300 set at 85
Audio is 128K

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-12 22:26:21 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And how many minutes are you able to output with these settings??? 60-90 minutes by 80 minutes disc???

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:24:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you read the readme file that came with the templates?
It explains how much movie you can fit on to 2 disks and what the templates are for.
In the template folder there are XVCD templates in the same place as the SVCD templates.

ASHY

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-13 01:18:12 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In fact, I unfortunetaly deleted the file you sent me and so I only have your SVCD template... that's why I asked this question ;-)

Minion  2002-08-13 06:47:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With Tmpgenc useing the CQ method with a 704 by 480 resolution and a minimum of 500kbs and a max of 5000kbs and quality of 85 i can get close to 50 minutes on a cd-r with fairly good quality.....

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-13 15:26:29 ( ID:t/w4sqkslyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion I'll try that ;-)

Question - If TMPG encodes up to a specific point, can I edit around that point? No.26463
Paul Memoli  2002-08-12 15:35:27 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Excuse me again, but I'm still working on Queen of the Dead... I ran the file thru Virtual Dub, extracted a .wav file, and then used the avi for the video source and the wav for the audio source. TMPG encoded half of it and then gave me a "write error" message 45% of the way thru,
I checked the mpg file that was produced and it looks good. No pixels. Now I need to get past that spot where the "write error" message appeared... Can I use MPEG tools and edit out a minute or so of bad file? Do you think that may help?

Olli  2002-08-12 17:03:43 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Easiest would have been to make a note of the frame number where the error occurred and then encoding from the next frame on via selecting the source tick box (double click to enter parameters) from the advanced tab.

If you did not make a note you can always load the file into Virtualdub, go to the end and make a note of the frame number that way.

Question - How about a manual for TMPG No.26459
Paul Memoli  2002-08-12 15:13:38 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi... is there a TMPG user-friendly manual anywhere to be found? I know about the illustrated one in VCD help, but I mean a detailed one that explains what each and every term and function in the TMPG program is for and how it should be used. I'd pay good money for it!

Olli  2002-08-12 17:05:17 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you buy the registered version you get access to all the help files - a manual in a sense

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:58:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGenc plus demo has the manual.

ASHY

andref4  2002-08-13 00:07:44 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to www.vcdhelp.com there are manuals for (all) mpeg encoders and much more (bitrate calculator, and and and)

Question - change from .tpr to .mpg? No.26456
emma  2002-08-12 13:03:22 ( ID:olwifacjtcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm trying to convert an .avi file to mpeg but for some reason TPMG wants to convert the whole file instaed just half of it (as I set up in "source range") I have already succesfully converted and burnt as .vcd the 2nd part of the movie. All I need is the first half. Converting the whole movie costs me up to 10 hours. Now I just stopped and saved this last conversion attempt at 50%. Ofcourse, now it is an .tpr file and not an /mpg file. Is there anyway for me to change the format from .tpr to .mpg so that I can continue burning this first half of the movie as .vcd. Thanks in advance!

emma  2002-08-12 13:17:48 ( ID:olwifacjtcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe that sounded very complicated, basicly what I have is conversion half done and I stopped and saved it. It is now a .tpr file. What I want is for this file to be .mpg file. Can I somehow do that without having to start all over again? Thanks!

emma  2002-08-12 13:49:07 ( ID:olwifacjtcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Succes!! What I did was File -> Output to file -> mpeg and bingo! Sorry for the hassle.

Question - Created DVD with Ulead Movuefactory with TMPG mpg file and now the videoplayback is not smooth No.26449
doede douma  2002-08-12 10:36:59 ( ID:nsggymrb8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Asthe title says: I am using Ulead Movie factory to create my DVD's.

I have used a AVI file, converted to dvd mpg. When the mpg file is encoded by Ulead the play back from DVD is smooth. When I use the mpg file from the TMPG encoder, the video stops for a fraction of a second evry 5-10 seconds. Same effect as playing AVI files on a slow PC. The sound is not interrupted.

If I play the TMPG mpg file with Power DVD player,there is no problem??

Has any one tjhe same experience or knows what the issue could be ???

THANKS !

tdshaju  2002-08-12 13:20:51 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have experienced the same problem. I think this may be
due the DVD media. Which DVD media you use for authoring ?

akmasch  2002-08-12 14:34:26 ( ID:kxsis6cspun )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been having exactly the same problem. I seem to have got it working correctly by using VBR when encoding the MPG rather than CBR. Every test I made with CBR had a picture that kept freezing. From what I can tell Ulead uses VBR so I tried this and it appears to be OK. I would suggest giving VBR a try and then encode to folders on you hard drive in order to test in Power DVD. This is what I have been doing as it is quicker than burning a DVD and a *lot* cheaper! I will at some point also be experimenting with CQ as I have heard that this is just as good as VBR, but I don't know when this will be. Hope this helps.

Minion  2002-08-12 21:25:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most times unsmooth playback is caused by encodeing to a different frame rate than your avi file, so check what the frame rate of your avi file is..And why encode with Tmpgenc if "Ulead dvd Movie factory" encodes it anyway..It shouldn"t encode it over again unless you did something wrong when encodeing to mpeg with Tmpgenc ,you odviously did not encode to a dvd compatible mpeg cuz then Ulead wouldn"t have to re-encode it..so you should find out why ulead thinks your dvd file is not compliant then correct it in Tmpgenc or just load your avi file into ulead and let it encode it cuz encodeing the file twice(once with Tmpgenc and once with Ulead)will make you loose lots of quality..

akmasch  2002-08-13 09:21:52 ( ID:kxsis6cspun )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry to disagree, but I think there may be a misunderstanding here. Ulead doesn't re-encode MPG files that TMPGEnc has encoded. It can however be used to encode any files in much the same manner as TMPGEnc, but nowhere near as well or with as much control.

I've encoded an AVI using TMPGEnc (CBR) and then used three different authoring packages to test it out on. They were Ulead DVD MovieFactory, Ulead DVD Workshop Trial and Sonic DVDIt. In the case of both Ulead packages the video playback afterwards was jerky and kept freezing, but with the Sonic package there were no problems. The only re-encoding done was by the Sonic package as it doesn't support MP2 audio, only PCM or AC3. Ulead supports MP2 and did no re-encoding of the file. There does seem to be a problem with Ulead when it uses a file encoded at a Constant Bit Rate by another encoding package, or at least with TMPGEnc I can't tell about other encoders since I don't use them.

Minion  2002-08-13 22:25:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you read his post HE said that Ulead was re-encodeing the file and if the file is not compliant it WILL re-encode the file.....

akmasch  2002-08-13 23:29:12 ( ID:kuahwndk/ek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, I have re-read the original post and it can be interpreted both ways so technically we are both right. :-)

Since my last post I have come home and done yet more trial encoding using TMPGEnc. I encoded a short AVI using a CBR of 8000 and then used Ulead DVD MovieFactory to convert it to DVD Folders. I then tested the playback of this "DVD" using PowerDVD, the result was freezing video every few seconds. On a hunch from something else I had been reading I installed WinDVD and tried encoding again using *excatly* the same settings. The result this time was a perfect playback! I have now done around 20 encoded since installing WinDVD and each one plays back perfectly on the PC. When burned to a DVD they also play back perfectly unlike before.

From this I would hazard a guess that somehow the PowerDVD MPEG-2 decoder is somehow introducing glitches in the Ulead software when it authors the DVD. Of course I could be wrong, but this is just the way it seems to me and since I now have everything working almost perfectly I am not in a hurry to pursue this one further. I may look into at a later date just for my own satisfaction though. The only thing I now need to work on is getting the aspect ratio right for the TV as I am losing picture on either side, but that is another issue.

Question - Fed-Up with TMPGEnc No.26431
tdshaju  2002-08-12 09:19:57 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All TMPGEnc Experts,

I have been trying days and night to encode one VHS to DVD. Everything works
fine but when I play the DVD on standalone player fast moving objects are
not smooth, ( moves like ripples).

I tried TMPGEnc DVD template and Mr. Kwang's PAL DVD template. I have done
almost 500 trials with the same footage. Once Kwang's template gave me a
nice excellent DVD without any ripples (burned DVD by ULead DVD Workshop).
I got fed-up by trying to reproduce the same footage by using the same template

WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM WITH TMPGEnc ?????????????????

I am 100% sure that it is not the problem of the source, since I tried with
Cinema Craft Encoder. There is nothing to compare. Always gives constant
results. Excellent MPEG2 results.

Still I love to use the TMPGEnc, because of its nice utilities and excellent
results in VCD and MPEG1.

Any solutions will be highly appreciated.

With regards

Shaju

ABS  2002-08-12 12:35:37 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried changing the field order under "Advanced"?
ABS

tdshaju  2002-08-12 13:18:46 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ABS,

You mean the field order. I tried different field orders
Always I am getting same results.

With regards

Shaju

Amrael  2002-08-12 18:56:38 ( ID:vny.x0xutzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem, I capture with dc10+ and when I convert in mpeg2 the image is bad, is not a field order because 2.57 detect it when you load the avi.
Help please

Minion  2002-08-12 21:33:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The way I encode I use get the neat settings and features of Tmpgenc and I get the quality and speed of CCE, I do this by Frame serveing from Tmpgenc to CCE, then I get to use the re-size functions and the color filters and de-interlace source range and allmost all the settings in Tmpgenc then frame serve the file from Tmpgenc to CCE SP 2.62 with The Vfapi converter..It works Like a charm and you get the best of both encoders....

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:31:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by ripples? Do you mean jagged edges like a combing effect on verticals when there is movement or a blocky effect?

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-13 05:12:27 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

I was very much interested in your response. For me this information is new,
I am not sure whether I understood or not. Is it like this

Adobe->Premiere Frameserver->TMPGEnc->Frame Server (Vfapi converter)->CCE

If I am correct, could you please explain me the stage
TMPGEnc->Frame Server (Vfapi converter)->CCE

With regards

Shaju

tdshaju  2002-08-13 05:17:52 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,

This is not combing effect. It is similar to wrong FPS. Which means
in PAL instead of 25fps, if you have 20fps you can not see a smooth
picture.

With regards

Shaju

Minion  2002-08-13 06:14:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, no ,I load the Video (not the audio)file in Tmpgenc do the settings apply the filters do the resize, clip frame, most of the settings besides the encodeing perameters can be frame served, then after the settings are done I go to "file" and save project, then I take the TPR project file and load it in the "Vfapi converter" and make a psudo avi that I load into CCE and do my CCE settings and I either load the audio file in CCE as an external audio source or I just use something else to encode the audio, and then encode, and the filters and settings you do in Tmpgenc show up in your file you encode with CCE, so it is like haveing the settings from Tmpgenc with the encodeing engine of CCE, doing it this way does take longer to encode then encodeing just with CCE but it is still much faster than Tmpgenc, on my 1.7ghz I can encode a 2 hour movie this way in 3 hours...This is the method I use all the time now cuz it produces exelent results....

tdshaju  2002-08-13 07:24:52 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really smart Excellent. Not flattering.

I just tried a small clip and I found that there is a big difference in quality.
Still I have a question about "Vfapi converter"

The way I am doing as follows:
==============================
Adobe->Premiere Frame Server->TMPgEnc->Created AVI output->Used the AVI in CCE for creating MPEG2

I have two questions to you:

1. I just saved the project in TMPGEnc (TPR). At present I never used the TPR
file. I don't know how to use TPR in "Vfapi converter" ????????
- For the time being I use output to AVI it just creates the AVI output
- What is the importance of project file TPR ????

2. If I use this method,
Sony CamCoder->Dazzle FF->Adobe->TMPGEnc->CCE
Physically I am creating 3 files. Out of it BIG DV file -> BIG AVI file
then -> small MPEG2 file.
I hope that you can understand the situation of processing 2 hours footage.
My HDD is only 80 GB. DV and AVI takes lot of HUGE space

- Is there any to convert MidiDV to high quality MPEG2 without these steps ?
- Can we avoide the creation of 2 HUGE BIG BIG files (DV and AVI) ?
- What will be the file size for 1 min AVI format ?

If there is no otherway I should go with it.. Need your suggestions.
Also how to use "Vfapi converter".

I have asked lot of questions to you. Sorry for bothering you a lot.

With regards

Shaju

tdshaju  2002-08-13 08:34:12 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

I got the Video File API (VFAPI) Codec software to create the AVI output.
Everything looks fine. Only problem is filesize is Huge. 440MB/Sec
-> 25GB One Hour Clip.

Is it the standard ? or can we save as compressed video ?

With regards

Shaju

Amrael  2002-08-13 13:27:00 ( ID:vny.x0xutzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please my you explain how to frameserv? I know it, i know how to make a tpr but when you load a file in tmpgenc what setting in mpeg do you apply? the same that you apply in cce?
I know how to make a tpr for an mpeg but I don't know for an avi.
thanks

ASHY  2002-08-13 17:00:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You do not create an AVI with TMPG, this is pointless and a waste of time and quality.

Once you have your file from premier loaded into TMPG, set it up as if you were going to use TMPG to encode.
Instead of using TMPG to encode you then create a TMPG project file (.tpr) then load this file into the VFAPI converter.
Do not create the audio with the VFAPI converter. Once loaded click convert and you will have a dummy AVI created in a matter of seconds. Load this AVI into CCE and encode.

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-14 07:05:46 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY

This method is excellent. Making use of two resources to get higher quality.
Now I am not fed-up with TMPGEncoder.

Meanwhile some times instead of creating the "psudo avi", it creates the
actual AVI with a huge size. What could be the reason ?

Needs your comments.

With regards

Shaju

ASHY  2002-08-14 17:01:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's because you added audio to the file. You must disable the audio in either TMPG or the VFAPI converter it's self.

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-15 05:22:11 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,

You are right, some time I was commiting mistake.
Now I can get a "psudo avi" without any problem.

I have another question ??????????????????????
I am using the TMPGEnc Template and Also in the final stage it uses CCE
templates also. My doubts are

- What is the role bytes/Sec and Type ? Should it be same in Both ?
- What about the GOP Settings ?

Is there any problem If I am following CBR in TMPGEnc and 2 Pass VBR in CCE ?

The Advanced settings what I make in the TMPGEnc is reflecting in the CCE
final MPEG. I am little bit confused in the bytes/Sec and type. Could you
please explain How should I handle there parameters for the highest quality.

With regards

Shaju

ASHY  2002-08-15 23:45:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The bitrate and GOP settings have no effect in TMPG when using CCE to encode. So you don't need to worry about this as CCE will overide any settings in TMPG, but just for the sake of it I always set the bitrate to CBR 9000 kb/s in TMPG when using CCE to encode.
The easiest way to see what CCE will be encoding is to just use the preview in TMPG. Whatever you can see in the preview is what CCE will also see and encode.

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-17 05:34:23 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,

Thanks for your valid guidence.

You told that 9000 Kbps. I am not able to set it more than 8000. How
can I set to 9000 Kbps ?

When I bypassed through TMPGEnc without making any color change, I am
getting high quality results comparing the results produced from
Adobe plugin CCE. What could be the magic behind this ?

In the normal DVD movies setting of CBR,CQ or nPass VBR is decided on
certain parameters. I found CQ and nPass VBR file size is low comparing to
CBR. While making a DVD which type of bitrate is desirable and how can decide?

With regards

Shaju

Question - Better Quality (Help Please) No.26428
Fedric  2002-08-12 07:16:30 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can any one tell me a way to get a very good high quality when i convert my avi files to mpg files. Can some on give me the right setting to make it show very good on my TV I have a big screen every time i burn a cd it coms out good but not good anough i ca hardly see the movie can some on tell me how to set the settings please THANKS.

ABS  2002-08-12 12:38:36 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean you can hardly see it?
Is it blurry? Are there some "Blocking" effects?
ABS

Fedric  2002-08-13 07:10:57 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to say that is BLURRY, how can i set the setting for it to show better. THANKS

Bug report - bug if cutting mpg2 svcd file if another tmpgenc mpg2 svcd encoding in background No.26424
replic  2002-08-11 23:22:31 ( ID:rtj4u1az/ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Very anoying bug found if cutting mpg2 svcd file :
"illegal stream" when rebuild svcd header"
only if another tmpgenc is encoding in background a movie.

tks a lot

Minion  2002-08-12 03:08:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You aren"t really supposed to do anything with your computer while encodeing,There are a few errors that can be caused if you try to encode and do a high CPU task like useing the Merge & Cut..I"m surprised you didn"t get a floating point error....

ffast  2002-08-12 04:05:26 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have same opinion as Minion says.
Also, remember, TMPGEnc only supports files encoded by TMPGEnc,
and you need certain MPEG-2 codec to load MPEG-2 files.

andref4  2002-08-12 13:19:42 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same error like replic!!! i have installed powerdvd 4 and I have encoded a movie with tmpgenc. wehn I want to cut the movie, the same errer message comes. when I use v2.56, I became no error message!!!
Sorry about my english!!! I¡­m from germany

Question - no video after converting to Mpeg No.26422
meanstreat  2002-08-11 22:39:22 ( ID:g.dlecqlqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why I can't see anything, but hear all the audio after converting my files to mpeg???
thanks

Minion  2002-08-12 03:10:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the Direct Show files reader to "2", this usually will get the encoder to read your file,

Bug report - Merge & Cut causes audio glitches? No.26420
Anon  2002-08-11 20:26:39 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I use the Merge & Cut feature to join 2 x MPGs together, there is an audio
glitch at the join point. Is this a bug? It doesn't make for a nice seamless
join of the 2 files... :(

Minion  2002-08-11 21:55:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a quite common problem with joining Mpeg files, Usually if you click the "Correct" Tab before joining then the glitch can usually be avoided...But if this does not work then the other thing that works is to edit of a few frames off the end of the first file and a few frames off the begining of the second file then join them together...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.