TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 458 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question About noise reduction Nico... 2 2002-08-07 13:59:32
Question VFAPI plugin problem VCD newbie 2 2002-08-07 18:44:36
Question Newbie questions-Regarding SVCD formats Sreenathc 6 2002-08-08 20:35:15
Question No Sound on Quicktime > MPEG Conversion newmatrix 4 2002-08-08 13:16:59
Question Trouble with MPEG2 and TMPG Enc 2.57 finfree1 1 2002-08-07 05:35:58
Question key frames? hoznplotz 2 2002-08-07 03:42:17
Question Tmpgenc Misreads Time Info of Movie Charles 0 2002-08-06 16:35:37
Question Best sound settings? spongebob 4 2002-08-07 21:30:28
Request ashy + minion guest 10 2002-08-07 22:04:11
Question mpeg-2 transport stream Michael 1 2002-08-06 18:50:31
Question Names of files tpbala 2 2002-08-06 22:47:28
Question Is it possible to have TMPGEnc shut down the computer when the job is done? Bas 4 2002-08-08 13:05:51

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 458 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - About noise reduction No.26191
Nico...  Home )  2002-08-07 04:20:13 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!!!

I ask myself a little question about noise reduction. What do you think of the "High quality" option in noise reduction? Is it really high quality? For the moment i don't see a real improvment except the time of encoding that is longer.
So what do you think about and are you using it?

Thanks,
Nico...

Minion  2002-08-07 04:46:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,Nico
You only use "Noise Reduction" if your source file is Noisy and the noise reduction seems to give it a smoothed apearance, usually VHS captures and movies shot on a video cameras have quite a bit of noise in them but if you have a clean source then you won"t need the noise reduction it could even make a clean source look worse if to much noise reduction is applied....

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-07 13:59:32 ( ID:t/w4sqkslyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, generally my sources are divx so to lower to noise created by divx codec I usually use noise reduction. For the moment it has given me very great SVCD...

Question - VFAPI plugin problem No.26188
VCD newbie  2002-08-07 02:29:08 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded the VFAPI plugin but how exactly do I use it? because even after I put the file into the same directory as TMPGEnc.exe, TMPGEnc still does not read my .d2v files... can someone please help me out, keep in mind i'm a newbie, so if answers could be detailed it would be much apreciated

NewtronX  Home )  2002-08-07 03:24:55 ( ID:d0wiudhwkmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

[Options Menu]
This menu contains all of the set up options for TMPGEnc.

Register TMPGEnc.vfp with VFAPI
VFAPI stands for "Video File API". This is used to write plugins for TMPGEnc. The current settings need to be registered before the plugins can be used.
Make sure to "check" this menu before using the plugins.

[Environmental Settings]-[VFAPI Plugins]
General settings for VFAPI Plugins.This panel displays a list of the VFAPI plugins that have been registered with TMPGEnc. Select plugins to use from the list.

~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-08-07 18:44:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes make sure you run the TMPGEncVFP_Install.bat file that comes with the VFAPI plugin and then tick it under options.
Next you need to copy 'DVD2AVI.VFP' from you DVD2AVI folder into your TMPG folder where the TMPG.exe is located and then restart TMPG and load your D2v file.

Also remember once the d2v file is created DO NOT move, delete or rename the file or folders or the Vobs associated with it until you finish encoding.

ASHY

Question - Newbie questions-Regarding SVCD formats No.26181
Sreenathc  2002-08-07 02:00:44 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am prettyew to this, but I noticed that thereis a template for SVCD-NTSC Film, but none for SVCD-PAL Film. I have a AV fle which is 24Fps whic I would like to put as SVCD and I don't want the choppiness thatmay be introduced if I used the SVCD-PAL Film format. Is there a SVCD-PAL Film format at all please?

Next question-I got a DivX AVI file which is 1 hour and 49 minutes long, but when I load the file into TMPG, it says that the file is 292 minutes long!! Is this a bug or something please? My version is 2.56...

Thanks very much,
Sreenath

Minion  2002-08-07 04:24:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no such thing as Pal Film, 24fps is a NTSC format, try this ,load in your file choose the NTSC Film template then load the "unlock.mfc" template from the "Extra" Folder(so you can change the framerate) then go to "Settings" and under "Video" change the framerate to 24fps, this should give you correct playback on your DVD player...

ASHY  2002-08-07 18:55:05 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I doubt the file will play correctly in your DVD player at 24 fps if it is a PAL machine.
It is likely it will do it's own conversion to 25 fps which will still result in jerky playback associated with framerate conversion.

You could try it by loading the PAL template then just unlock the settings and change the frame rate to 24 fps.
If you use the NTSC template it will most likely end up playing in black and white due to the format difference.

If you want my advice do a proper conversion. It's not difficult and you will find easy step by step instructions on this BBS how to do it.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-07 20:42:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats strange cuz my cheapo ntsc dvd player plays pal and ntsc movies without a problem, in the instructions is doesn"t say that it supports Pal but it doesn"t say it doesn"t either ,so I guess It depends on your dvd player...

ASHY  2002-08-08 00:05:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion do u have a multistandard TV. If this is the case then it may be why you don't get a black and white picture.
In my experience I have seen this happen on a number of machines. I have a machine which will play PAL or NTSC, but if I choose to play an NTSC movie then I have to decide whether I want the movie to play smooth which means my player won't do any conversion and then just outputs in the NTSC format which would need a multiformat TV as I live in a PAL world or I can choose to invoke the NTSC to PAL conversion.
This gives me a colour picture, but it also changes the framerate to 25 fps and causes the dreaded jerky playback effect.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-08 04:11:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I actually have no idea what kind of TV I have ,it is a 32 inch Samsung and thats all I know ,I inherited it from my father when he died, I don"t know if this has any relation but I have some european Video tapes that have to be played on a VCR that plays European tapes and they play fine also.I have allways been able to play Pal vcd/svcd"s on my system so i allways wondered why poeple go through the trouble of converting from pal to ntsc and visa versa, but I guess you learn something new every day..So what is the differance between 23.9fps ntsc film and 25fps Pal besides the frame rate and resolution?

ASHY  2002-08-08 20:35:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NTSC also has a lower number of scan lines (525) compared to PAL (625) which is why the PAL system is considered the better system. Also I think the colour information is coded differently in an NTSC signal compared to PAL which is probably why the picture is black and white when the wrong format is played on the wrong type of recieving equipment.

With what you have said about your european VCR playing ok on your TV, then I'm pretty sure you have a multi standard TV.

ASHY

Question - No Sound on Quicktime > MPEG Conversion No.26176
newmatrix  2002-08-07 02:00:41 ( ID:hxjbfoabs7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using TMPGEnc and the Quicktime add-in to convert a quicktime file to MPEG.

The problem is that whilst the video conversion is perfect, there is no audio! The Quicktime file works fine (just slow on my PC coz it's not very fast).

I've seen reccomendations elsewhere about extracting the audio track in Quicktime Pro... I tried that but it says the file doesn't allow me to save (it's the 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Tower' trailer).

I'm pulling my hair out here - the only way I can watch this trailer in decent quality is if I convert it to MPEG and paly it through my DVD decoder card.

Are there any utilities that would allow me to extract the audio track? Or am I doing something wrong in TMPGEnc??

Mark  2002-08-07 02:35:44 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem with a quicktime file I was trying to burn to DVD. I ended up using my soundcard's recorder program (set to record "what you hear.")to record the audio to wav while the video was playing. I then used that as the audio source during encoding. I really despise quicktime now and will avoid the format at all costs in the future. I hope this helps.

newmatrix  2002-08-07 03:12:21 ( ID:hxjbfoabs7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem is, the sound is very jumpy in QT, so probably wouldn't provide a good recording. :(

NewProblemGuy  2002-08-07 15:52:10 ( ID:2sas8zasr6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mark, Is there any other way? becasue I have a regular sound card, SB live, and well, it isn't that good on the recording, so help.

newmatrix  2002-08-08 13:16:59 ( ID:hxjbfoabs7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've cracked it!!

There's a utility (command based) called mov2avi, and a GUI front end for it called mov2aviGUI. This has an option to extract the soundtrack as a .WAV file.

Just make sure you have the Quicktime Authoring component installed though.

Question - Trouble with MPEG2 and TMPG Enc 2.57 No.26174
finfree1  2002-08-07 01:22:16 ( ID:0sivny1.xrf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a video program which can output to MPEG2 format (Program is MGI Videowave 4). I am trying to burn to a disc at the higher resolution MPEG2 allows (720 x 480) for a clearer picture, but TMPG Enc, v. 2.57 reads the follwoing error when I try to load the file, "cannot open, or unsupported". Not sure what the issue is since the resolution does not seem out of place, and the MPEG1 files I get from my program work just fine (just a bad resolution). Has anyone else seen this problem? I would be willing to buy the program if I can burn these discs, but not if I can't get it to work.

Minion  2002-08-07 05:35:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are loading in mpeg1 files and you are getting the "can not open or unsupported" error you should try raising the priority of the "Microsoft mpeg1 file reader" in the Vfapi plugins(in version 2.57) you do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "microsoft mpeg1" plugin to "1" or"2" this should get the file loaded, and if it doesn"t then de-multiplex the mpeg1 file and load in just the video and encode it then multiplex the mpeg2 video and the audio from the mpeg1 together cuz re-encodeing the audio will decrease the audio quality plus the audio is allready in the proper format for mpeg.But there are a couple of points I would like to make, If you are planning to burn a mpeg2 file at 720 by 480 to cd-r to play on your dvd player then it most likely wont play but a resolution of 704 by 480 will probably play(if it supports svcd), and another thing if your mpeg1 file is say "352 by 240" and you want to raise the resolution to 720(or 704) by 480, it will not Increase the quality it will actually decrease the quality, because of the simple fact that you are trying to spread a 352 by 240 resolution over 4 times the area, which means you will loose 75% of the detail.Look at it this way, in a 352 by 240 immage there are "84,480" pixels and in a 720 by 480 immage there are "345,600" pixels, so if you spread "84,480" pixels over a "345,600" pixel area then the encoder has to guess how to fill in "261,120" pixels.Or some encoders seem to just make the pixels look 4 times as big which is basicly the same thing.I have tried this quite a few times cuz my capture device (Win TV USB) will only capture at 320 by 240 and the movies look good when displayed in a small window but when I try to make them full screen or encode them to a higher resolution they look terrorable, but give it a shot and make your own decition cuz you are the only person that can determin what looks good to you...good luck mate..

Question - key frames? No.26171
hoznplotz  2002-08-06 16:38:03 ( ID:qxgedceh1/l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why does TMPGEnc make creates no key frames, so that I can't fast-forward my
video Cd's?

ASHY  2002-08-06 19:12:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG does create key frames, these are called I frames and are the beginning of every GOP. Make sure you add a sequence header before every GOP if you are having problems and if that doesn't help try different burning software. Which software are you using?

ASHY

NewtronX  Home )  2002-08-07 03:42:17 ( ID:d0wiudhwkmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

U: "can't fast-forward my video Cd's?"

R: Its possible you have not created a true VCD but actualy a MPG video.
There are Home DVD Players out their that will play straight MPG files but this lacks fast forward and pause capabilites.(ie. Mintek 2110)

For A true VCD the Disk Must be structured and formated to VCD Structure.
I recomend using Easy VCD http://www.vcdeasy.org/ after you creat (MPG1 for VCD or MPG2 for SVCD using TMPGenc)

How to:
http://www.vcdhelp.com/vcdeasyhowto.htm

Question - Tmpgenc Misreads Time Info of Movie No.26170
Charles  2002-08-06 16:35:37 ( ID:colabmgzrcj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpg Enc misreads the time information of a Divx (.avi) movie when I convert it to Mpeg-1 (VCD) format. My movie is only around 24 minutes long but Tmpg Enc says that it is 72 minutes long. I also get a repeating error message when I try to encode the movie. The box reads "Error" and then "-537403781 86032". What does this mean?

Question - Best sound settings? No.26165
spongebob  2002-08-06 15:32:59 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i encoded any mpeg or avi videos the sound quality gets staticy. Its really getting annoying and if the problem continues there is no point in keeping the program.I dont know if i could change the settings for the audio to help. I dont know what settings to change because i usually just modify the video. Please help by telling me what sound settings work best for you and what the different sound settings mean?

Minion  2002-08-06 22:25:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are external encoders that work with Tmpgenc that are far better than the one that comes with Tmpgenc, go on a search engine and look for either "toolame" or "SCMPX" and download one(they are freeware)then you install it in Tmpgenc by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "external tools" then put a check mark in the box next to the "mpeg layer 2" then click the "browse" tab and choose the ".exe" file for the audio encoder then you can encode regularly and the audio encoder will encode the audio instead of Tmpgenc.Depending on the format of the audio in your divx file and the frequency the audio can get a bit distorted on the mpeg file ,so you can use "scmpx" as a sample rate converter which you install the same way as the encoder and on the same settings page, changeing sample rates and formats can cause a change in the sound quality of of the audio and sometimes there isn"t much you can do about it inside the settings of the encoder but you can allways use a audio editing program to clean up the audio and do the conversion for you which should give you better quality, a good program for this is "Sound forge 5 or 6"

spongebob  2002-08-07 18:03:36 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried what you said with SCMPX. When I set it up and went to start the encoding i got an eror message that said it couldnt be created. I followed you directions and put the scmpx.exe under layer 2. Why isnt it working? Please help!

Minion  2002-08-07 20:35:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I couldn"t tell you what is wrong, i have never heard of a problem with SCMPX, it is such a small program and has been well tested, but that isn"t the only solution that you can try, another thing that seems to work fine for me is to extract the audio to a wav file with "Virtual dub" then download "db Power amp"(it is free and a good audio encoder)and the mp2 codec(there are a few)and encode the audio to MP2 then mux it with the encoded mpeg video, it is actually faster this way cuz it seems that Tmpgenc spends about 10% of the encodeing time encodeing the audio so if you just encode the video the encodeing will be at least 10% faster, and with DB Power amp the audio encodeing for a movie will only take 10-15 minutes max, but if you are encodeing mpeg files you don"t need to encode the audio cuz it is allready in the correct format.......

spongebob  2002-08-07 21:30:28 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that if the video is an mpeg you can just encode the video and use the original sound? I tried doing this with tmpgenc by having different audio and video sources but after the program is done the sound just gets messed up again!

Request - ashy + minion No.26154
guest  2002-08-06 15:06:42 ( ID:y06zhle.spn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is for ashy and minion and also the modurators of this bbs.

this is very unfair and bad that minion and ashy always have to answer everyone's questions. if someone else answers it, they get abuse from ashy and minion which is VERY unfair and unprofessional.

I wish that there was this certain person back in here that DID helped and stuck up for himself from all this abuse. he did very well and his/her advice DID work.

I am going to complain some how about ashy and minion and I would like to see them getting blocked from this bbs as it is unfair that people have to be put off by them.

Ashy and minion always think they are "classic" and "professional" and "know it all" people when they aren't. I am not saying that I know EVERYTHING - which I don't, it is unfair that they have to give abuse back to people and that they then get blocked which is rediculas.

certianly, my purchase of TMPGENC has come to a second re-think.

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-06 17:55:36 ( ID:t/w4sqkslyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you talking about????
ASHY and Minion ARE extremely professional and have always given me (and I think to all the people here too) very useful advices and help.
So I think that no-one wants them out of the BBS but the contrary because they are an essential part of it...
Once again thank you both of you for all your help and don't take seriously stupid people like the one above me ;-)...

Sincerely,
Nicolas

ABS  2002-08-06 18:25:48 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you SHOULD rethink coming here, and just go to annoy people somewhere else!

ABS

ASHY  2002-08-06 18:29:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Nico.
As far as this chump goes, I know exactly who it is. Even though he tries to hide himself by changing his I.P. I still know who this person is. Basically this person is mr kettle calling mr pot black.
This person was himself unprofessional, constantly gave wrong advice and abused others who challenged this advice and after a while the other regulars got fed up with his I am king attitude and got him ousted.
His conduct on this board was both childish and improper and had an attitude to match.

I'm not saying I'm an angel on this board. I do sometimes wrongly or rightly vent my annoyance at certain newcomers for not using the search facilty and for not trying to help themselves first, but all in all I'm quite willing to help these people and anyone else.
I hope most people if not all are satisfied with my conduct and advice on this BBS and I hope the advice I give is mostly correct and helpful.

As for minion and myself answering every question on this board, well it's a simple case of the fact that the same questions pop up over and over and we know the answers instantly and what should work being that we both visit this board more or less on a daily basis.

Even though many questions are answered by the both of us, nothing is preventing anyone else from posting additional advice and which is always welcome.
I don't shun the advice of others as this poster has done in the past. As a matter of fact I respect the people who post replies because I learn from this advice too.

I don't see this BBS as a competition or a race to answer questions first unlike this particular poster who always did and is why he was ousted in the first place because bad advice is worse than no advice and there were many instances where more than one person contested the advice he was giving to newcomers as it was clearly wrong, but dismissed us all as idiots who knew nothing and wouldn't accept that he was wrong.

Basically this person has a bee in his bonnet and is upset because he is no longer king on this BBS and hates the fact that there are others who actually know more than he does.

Sad but true.

Who is this person you ask. Well.......his name WAS techno. Yes Techno I know it is you and no matter of trying to disguise your IP and changing you typing style will fool us.
I know how to track you and know how discover it is you. You will never learn. You just don't get it do you.

Still a spoilt brat who has spat his dummy out because no one wants to play with him. Shame...shame...shame.

Bye techno.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-06 22:12:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know if Mr "Guest" has ever come to this BBS when me and Ashy haven"t been here for a day of two, but there are usually a couple Dozzen questions that have gone un-answered for the time we have been away and I never see Mr Guest"s name there answering the questions that have gone unanswered for that Time..And I feel that we are both quite profecinal in our conduct and I rarely ever get bothered by the same question over and over again(accept for repeated postings of the same question by the same person)cuz we were all newbies once.Now let me think of the some of the bad advice this poster"Mr.Guest"(aka.Techno) repeatedly gave to others, Ohh heres a good bit of bad advice this person swears on his life is true " when burning with Nero no matter how big the file is as long as it is under 80minutes in will fit on a 80min cd-r" ya right, but this person will got to his grave believeing this is true because he can not accept the fact that he can be mistaken..Oh and this story that he will give his purchase of Tmpgenc plus a re-think, well it seems that you has become quite familiar with a demo of a product that has only been released for 2 weeks, it seems to me that if you were useing Tmpgenc back then and are useing it now and have not purchased Tmpgenc Plus then you must be doing something illegal to use it for so long and not purchase it...Better luck next time Techno.....

willyiam  2002-08-06 22:26:00 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On other boards he frequents he usually signs himself as a Certified Microsoft Technician -- Nothing changes there then!

The way of the Dodo will soon be upon him.

NewtronX  2002-08-06 23:37:16 ( ID:d0wiudhwkmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Its funny to see Techno mentioned here after so long...lol Yeah he is in need of some growing up. But that I am sure it is due largely to his very young age. I warned him long ago to act more professional maybe some day he will learn.

As far as Minion and Ashey go they have always been very professional with the minor exception of criticizing people for not searching the bbs for the answer first. These guys seem to be fairly opened minded and helped me along in my encoding journey. I thank them "thank you ashy & minion" :o)

The truly wise man listens twice as much as he talks, is open to all possibilities and conducts him self as a Adult/Professional.

Techno where ever you are now I wish you hope. I hope life treats you right and I hope you realize these important virtues I spoke of.

Thanks again Ashy & Minion for your help. ~NewtronX

Olli  2002-08-07 10:05:00 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I won't repeat a lot of what others have siad because I couldn't agree more. Both Ashy and Minion are an invaluable asset to the TMPGenc community and help others on a daily basis. I have even received personal mails about questions I have asked.

They are doing this unpaid on their own time.

Thanks Ashy and Minion.Keep up the good work.

Olli

guest  2002-08-07 12:30:20 ( ID:y06zhle.spn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

excuse me...I don't know who or what Techno is but I ain't it. even a simple thread like this turns it into a flame war for no reason.

I am now not going to reply to anything at all and people here have certainly put me of TMPGEnc purchases.

Good bye.

ASHY  2002-08-07 18:08:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok for everbody's information here is Techno's old IP 195.194.47.252 which he then changed to 62.30.192.1. notice the similarity to the current one, bit of a coincidence wouldn't you say. Also it's obvious who it is as he always uses the same statements such as
>I don't know who or what Techno is but I ain't it.

This is what he said the last time I sussed him out when he was using the name 'Hardcore'

The other thing that he also does is in these posts supposedly from another person is he praises himself very highly
>I wish that there was this certain person back in here that DID helped and stuck up for himself from all this abuse. he did very well and his/her advice DID work.

Almost the same thing he said last time.

Oh and Techno regarding your purchese of TMPG rethink, are you saying you don't use cracks anymore like the ones you used to distribute here?

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-08-07 22:04:11 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who could it be this misterious guest is talking about when he says. "I wish that there was this certain person back in here that DID helped and stuck up for himself from all this abuse. he did very well and his/her advice DID work."
Why wouldnt some one just come out and say the name of the individual. Its pretty obvious this guy is talking about him self in third person and doesnt want to be named as his real name. Second who would consider this a flame war after all we have nothing but good things to say except for the supposed person this guy has no clue about... Yeah right... I may have been born at night but it wasnt last night...lol :o) ~NewtronX

P.S. Ashy you said "Techno's old IP 195.194.47.252 which he then changed to 62.30.192.1. notice the similarity to the current one" I must are the IPs given numbers by location is their away to tell the Country and state the IP is in?

Question - mpeg-2 transport stream No.26152
Michael  2002-08-06 13:08:12 ( ID:ldgitb/p1wn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Can tmpgenc be used to encode or transform mpeg-2 program stream to transport stream ? Or there's other program to do the job. Thanks a lot.

ASHY  2002-08-06 18:50:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG cannot encode to transport streams. Your best bet is MPEG2VCR which will convert TMPG program streams to Transport streams or MPEGcarver.

ASHY

Question - Names of files No.26149
tpbala  Home )  2002-08-06 11:31:35 ( ID:bkcprqonwbr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering how come after I get done using TMPGEnc the file I was working never changed its' name. Before it was a .mpeg, and I wanted to change it to a .vcd. But after it was finished it was just called file. Is this right? or am I doing something wrong? I also wanted to know when I burn it onto a cd, what I burn it under. We are using our friends programing, which is Easy CD Creator by Adaptec. The only options they have is Audio and Data and a Mixed. Should we try and use a different software? Because we have burned two cd's with the program, and neither one of them will play in our dvd player. We have checked to make sure that it does lay svcd and vcd's.

Paul Memoli  2002-08-06 18:55:12 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Should we try and use a different software? Because we have burned two cd's with the program, and neither one of them will play in our dvd player. We have checked to make sure that it does lay svcd and vcd's."

OK, I was at this point of my VCD-making hobby about 3 months ago. At that time the only way I was able to obtain video files was to download them thru KaZaA or a similar P2P program. I quickly found out that my EZ CD Creator was NOT going to help me make Video CDs. Nero "Burning Rom" does. And you can download a free trial version of Nero from their website. (I don't have the URL handy, sorry).

I also found that if I downloaded a movie in mpeg format (.mpg)from KaZaA and then tried to burn it to CD-R using Nero I often had problems. I wasted about 50 blank CD-Rs before determining that I had the best chance of success when I downloaded a film in .avi format and then used TMPG to encode it to MPEG format. Almost every VCD made with Nero since then has played in my 6 month old Panasonic "progressive scan" DVD player (which also plays MP3s but does NOT play Super VCDs)
What else can I tell you about my 3 month old hobby... anime from Japan sometimes presents audio track problems. No VCD movie or television show is ever as clear as the original. The person who first "captures" the video and puts it online has the greatest control over the screen quality and resolution. So unless you like to view postage stamp sized films, you should always download the version that has the largest resolution.
When you convert large AVI files into MPEG using TMG you will often find a note saying that the new file size will be too big to record to a single CD-R. That is fine. Once the MPEG file is generated, TMG has a very easy to use File editor that lets you make 2 or more smaller MPEG files from the master file.

Using Nero... depending on the size of your hard drive and space available... let me suggest that you first accumulate a lot of differnt AVI files from KaZaA, music video, anime, American animation, etc, and only then download the trial version of NERO. You only get to use it for two weeks or so before you either pay for it or it goes inert. Buy a lot of CD-Rs, by buying 100 at a time the cost drops down to pennies a disc, and that way the only thing you'll ,loose if they don't work out is your time. Also sometimes NERO will want to recode something that you just spent 10 hrs encoding with TMPG... Tell NERO to stuff it and burn a non-compliant disc... this usually works.
Best of luck to you!

Minion  2002-08-06 22:47:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You said that you download a mpeg file and encoded it with Tmpgenc and the resulting file was just a file with no extention is this right??If the file you downloaded is a mpeg1 file and has the proper resolution(352 by 240 for NTSC 352 by 288 for Pal)then there is usually no need to encode it with Tmpgenc cuz it is allready in mpeg format which is the format that vcd"s are in.To burn, "Nero" is fairly good you can download a demo from :http://www.nero.com/, but if you want to insert chapters then I would sugest useing "VCDEasy" it is freeware and fairly easy to use..The extention of a vcd file is "mpg" but if you are encodeing a mpeg file to a mpeg file then make sure you name the out put file different that the source file or it might get over-writen.there is lots of information and guides to makeing vcd/svcd/dvd at "http://www.vcdhelp.com/

Question - Is it possible to have TMPGEnc shut down the computer when the job is done? No.26144
Bas  2002-08-06 09:32:54 ( ID:8oki6.qvmlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to have TMPGEnc shut down the computer when the job is done?

Minion  2002-08-06 10:53:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes but you have to run it in "batch encode" mode, you do this by loading in your file do your settings then go to "file" to "save project" then save it as a project file then go to "file" to "batch encode" and load the project file into the batch encode window then click"run" then it will start encodeing and a little box will appear then says next to it "shut down when finnished encodeing" just check this box and go to bed and your file will be encoded and the computer shut down when you get up.......

ASHY  2002-08-06 18:37:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or if you don't want to run TMPG in batch mode to have the shutdown option.

Just simply set up your movie then click File>output to file>Mpeg file
You should then see the shutdown option.

ASHY

Bas  2002-08-07 14:04:10 ( ID:8oki6.qvmlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks a lot, fellas

Noelo Pan  2002-08-08 13:05:51 ( ID:ggkweropbvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i tried the batch mode with the shutdown option out.
But tmpgenc plus only convert one file of 5 into a mpg
and then the program closed. Could you help me? to convert 5 or more
avis into mpgs with the batch mode with shutdown when the job ist done?
thx a lot

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.