TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 464 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question will "cut and merge" support VBR stream editing nidhi 2 2002-08-02 21:07:33
Question TMPEGEnc freezes reso 3 2002-08-01 22:31:32
Question Black image during encoding jogram 3 2002-08-05 09:05:32
Question TMPGEnc no video Juho Mies 1 2002-08-01 21:34:04
Request Frame numbers in the MPEG Tool Marc 0 2002-08-01 09:36:59
Question Triggering Copy Inhibit Bruce 3 2002-08-01 12:16:42
Question getting a strange popup error now, what should i do? cow 3 2002-08-02 05:11:09
Question File "video.mpg" can not open, or unsupported bosskong 2 2002-08-02 21:11:59
Question Sound quality Nico... 7 2002-08-02 20:07:57
Question Steaming error in 2.57 DivX 0 2002-08-01 01:13:28
Question Write Error when encoding DivX's Destiny 0 2002-08-01 00:23:53
Bug report 4458024.23 GB for ALL output??? Ross 1 2002-07-31 21:48:54

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 464 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - will "cut and merge" support VBR stream editing No.25912
nidhi  2002-08-01 12:33:41 ( ID:ok8awyxsran )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to edit a variable bit rate video using the "cut and merge" feature
in tmpeg tools. I am facing a few problems :

a) When I cut a portion from a video, and merge it with another portion which has already been cut, two frames in the joint are spoilt (there is a lot of pixelisation).

b) Mark in and Mark out points cannot be placed as desired. Is it because the marking is GOP accurate? If so, can we make it frame accurate?

c) When I use the slider to go to a specific portion of the video, the audio-video sync is lost.

I need help at the earliest. I would be very happy if someone can help me.

- Nidhi

Minion  2002-08-01 21:37:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc has problems editing VBR mpeg streams and there is no way to fix it, try useing a different mpeg editor go here:http://www.apachez.net and go to the tools section and there are a few good mpeg editors ,I would sugest m2-edit pro or mpeg2vcr or IFilm edit......

xerces3379  2002-08-02 21:07:33 ( ID:csgpp3lt.qa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had trouble cutting VBR files, but I think I have a work around. I will use the example of cutting out commercials because this is what I do.

1) Pull the preview bar to a spot in the commercial BEFORE the show starts.
2) Press the play button.
3) Wait for the playback to begin (if you are near the end of a large file, this could take up to 2 min).
4) Once playback starts, get ready to click the pause button.
5) Pause at the point you want to cut, and click the Set Start frame button.

It seems that using the "play" button sync's everything up so that you can get an accurate cut. It is slightly annoying to have to do it this way, but it seems to be pretty successful.

Hope this helps.

Question - TMPEGEnc freezes No.25908
reso  2002-08-01 12:31:12 ( ID:w7sxx8pxaqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

With virtualdub I aded subtitles in an AVI file, then I run frame server in virtualdub.

When I tried to load a *.vdr file to TMPGEnc (as explained at http://www.vcdhelp.com/srtsubsvirtual.htm ) it allways freezes.

Why!

Help appreciated!

Robert

ASHY  2002-08-01 18:52:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'VFW file reader' in the VFAPI plugins and disable the 'direct show reader'.

ASHY

reso  2002-08-01 21:54:53 ( ID:w7sxx8pxaqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you Ashy, it works now!

Robert

ASHY  2002-08-01 22:31:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No prob...

ASHY

Question - Black image during encoding No.25904
jogram  2002-08-01 11:45:36 ( ID:wb3pumysdyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

During encoding an Avi file to VCD after 45% good, the movie becomes black.
There is no error message from TMPGENC.
The codec used is pinnacle MJPEG.
The movie is perfectly read under windows media

Any idea ?

wined  2002-08-03 13:17:20 ( ID:nqutolnqd92 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the sam eproblem the other day, at about 50% the preview turned black, allthough the whole AVI was played flawless with Media Player...
I didn't care about it too much until I burned it to VCD and realised, that the result at my stand-alone DVD_player was the same: a black screen after 50%....

I don't kown what cuased it, but I solved it, by simply cutting the mpg at the point the movie turned black, and only reencoded the second part.
It saved a lot of time, and now worked just fine....

But as I said, No Idea what caused it, but would like to know as well....

Cheers,
Edwin

ASHY  2002-08-03 17:55:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can usually be solved by raising the priority of the 'Directshow mutimedia file reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins.

ASHY

jogram  2002-08-05 09:05:32 ( ID:wb3pumysdyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello ASHY,

As my AVi is encoded with pinnacle DC10+ MJPEG codec (under w98se)w multimedia reader don't work, I have to use the vwf instead.

But my problem is still there , after a while the image is no longer encoded , only the sound.

By the way, is there a VFAPI plugin manual ?

thanks

Question - TMPGEnc no video No.25902
Juho Mies  2002-08-01 11:24:07 ( ID:mmg0wrmsi12 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This program has worked just perfect but yesterday it suddenly didnt show any video, only audio.. It doesnt give any error messages and everything seems to be fine,but when I look the file, I cant see a thing.. only the audio..What is the problem?

Minion  2002-08-01 21:34:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the priority of the "direct show file reader" go to options to enviromental settings to vfapi plugins and raise the direct show to "2", this should get the video working...........

Request - Frame numbers in the MPEG Tool No.25901
Marc  2002-08-01 09:36:59 ( ID:7smvjxemuuh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

Is it possible in a future version to show the frames next to the time (like in the program where you edit the range)?

Thanks,

Marc

Question - Triggering Copy Inhibit No.25897
Bruce  2002-08-01 05:33:47 ( ID:ryd6fox3lrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I make short videos for local distribution. I would like to be able to trigger the copy inhibit for the 80% of my buyers that would rather purchase the content than go to the trouble to take it without offsetting my costs of my time/effort/equipment expenditures. I would like to dupe to VHS and DVD-R and +RW.

Can anyone tell me how to do this or where to find how to do it?

(Macrovision isn't an option because of my small quantities and my desire to dupe inhouse for ultra quick turnaround)

tnx!!!
Bruce

ASHY  2002-08-01 10:13:30 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wouldn't bother trying to protect the disks as it will just be a waste of your time and effort.

I have researched many of the so called protection programs out there, but none of them really work to well and all of them rely on the copier to be pretty dumb.

Anybody who is willing to make an illegal copy of someone elses material doesn't usually have to look far to find the right software to do it and have usually done it before. The software only protects the actual disk itself not the content.

By this I mean that if you did happen to use one of the programs to add protection to a disk and someone decided to copy it, they may recieve an error when they do a 1:1 copy, but there is absolutely nothing stopping the user from simply copying and pasting the actual content of the disk to another location.

The other thing is that if someone is intent on copying your material, there are many programs out there that will easy break the protection on the disk and still allow a 1:1 copy and most if not all burning programs are able to break this protection.

I suppose the best solution would be to encrypt the data on the CD which would require the user to have a key to decrypt the data. Ther is a program called Encryption Plus which is able to do this which will place a small key on the users PC which will allow the Disk to be viewed as normal, unauthorized users will not be able to view the disk.

Please see this link for more info:
http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protect_cd.shtml

ASHY

ASHY  2002-08-01 10:53:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just looked at your post again and realise you want to author to DVD and VHS.

I think you are going to find it very difficult to find any protection for this, even DVD's own propriertry protection is useless, so what hope is there of 3rd party softare being able to accomplish this.

ASHY

Griff  2002-08-01 12:16:42 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As ASHY says, DVD copy protection has been brocken, with the copy disabling software being updated in a reactive manner as new DVDs are released. It is, however, possible to construct a DVD, which although can be hacked, would not be easy to rip (copy) without a great deal of time and effort.

If you're new to DVD authoring here's an article, about a year old now, but still valid, which might shed some light on the authoring process:

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2001/08_aug/features/dvd_get_readya.htm

Griff

Question - getting a strange popup error now, what should i do? No.25893
cow  2002-08-01 04:52:44 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i posted the last time that tmpgenc keeps freezing up on me, now that everytime i encode i get the following error:

error:
.537403781 99504

i dont know what this is, and it always keeps popping up
anyway to fix this? im running lost here

Olli  2002-08-01 09:21:49 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you get the error for every file you encode or just one specific one ?
Have you tried re-installing the latest version of TMPGenc ?

cow  2002-08-01 16:51:25 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes to all your questions, i reinstalled and it still gives me an error, and it does it too all my encodes :(

Dave  2002-08-02 05:11:09 ( ID:7jd2qlyfokm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey exact same thing happen to me except after it shows the error msg. , the time jumps to like 80 hours to decode. Does it do that to you?

Question - File "video.mpg" can not open, or unsupported No.25890
bosskong  2002-08-01 03:02:40 ( ID:qbyqjhquzb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before you flame me, I have already tried the VFAPI Environmental Settings option that has been suggested many times, but it did not fix anything.

I used to be able to open MPEG-2 files just fine, and then all of a sudden, it stopped working. I may have caused it by installing an additional codec, but I've tried removing every mpeg player I can find, but I still can't fix the problem. Does anyone have a suggestion?

bosskong  2002-08-01 03:31:22 ( ID:qbyqjhquzb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nevermind, I fixed it by doing a "Full" install of the Nimo Codec pack.

xerces3379  2002-08-02 21:11:59 ( ID:csgpp3lt.qa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would be interested in knowing another solution ...

I had this problem when I upgraded from 2.56 to 2.57. 2.56 can open my MPEG2 files, but 2.57 cannot. I have an MPEG2 Codec (PowerDVD XP). Perhaps I need to reinstall PowerDVD? I too have not had success with changing environmental settings.

Thanks,
Xerces

Question - Sound quality No.25882
Nico...  Home )  2002-08-01 01:52:43 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks to your help, I now have incredible quality for a 2 hours movie. But now, it seems I have some problems with sound. I encoded from a divx file. I first extracted the .wav with VirtualDub using 44100, 16 bits and stereo (to be clear: cd quality). Then I normalized the sound using NormalizeGUI. But after encoding the sound has some strange "metallic" noise. I tried with different higher bitrate, I get the same results... do you think I should use a better MP3-layer2 encoder. If yes, which one do you use and if not, how do you procede...

Thank you very much for your help,
Nicolas...

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-01 04:30:34 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I didn't mean MP3-layer2 but MPEG1-layer2... you certainly did the correction by yourself...

Minion  2002-08-01 06:06:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you useing Tmpgenc to encode the audio???There are other audio encoders that you can use with in Tmpgenc, and you can get a sameple rate converter for tmpgenc also pluss you can Normalize with tmpgenc too. The other audio encoders for Tmpgenc are much better than the one that is in Tmpgenc, the two that I have tried that are good are "Toolame" and "SCMPX" you can find them on any search engine and you install them in tmpgenc by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "External tools" and then just "Browse" for the encoders "exe" file and that is it.......

Olli  2002-08-01 09:25:43 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The sample rate converter is use is SSRC (Shibtach Sample Rate Converter I think)

http://shibatch.sourceforge.net/

ASHY  2002-08-01 09:50:44 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Extract the audio again with Virtualdub, but this time make sure you check the 'High quality' box.
There is no need to normalize the sound with 3rd party software, both Virtualdub and TMPG can do this.

This should solve your problem.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-01 21:29:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"SCMP" Is a sample rate converter also.

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-02 13:03:07 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you I tried Toolame and the sound is really nice now... I dunno if it's Toolame or not normalizing the sound as ASHY said but I think using the two ways is not so wrong...

Thanks for your help,
Nico...

Jolo  2002-08-02 20:07:57 ( ID:f6di8z2bxaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just wanted to add, that after I create my wav file with Virtualdub, that I use toolame gui and create a MP2 file before using tmpgenc. This way I have the option of changing settings if I want, but usually I make them the same as Tmpgenc does when it uses Toolame, which are the defaults except for :
-m for 's' stereo
-p for psychoacoutics model 1
-d for de-emphassis:n
-e for add error protection (CRC)
These settings can be saved in the toolamegui.ini file which also allows for batch processing and runs faster and smoother than when it does in Tmpgenc. Tmpgenc then just does the encoding and I point the audio to the newly created MP2 file.

The big thing is that if there are problems with the audio, I know them before hand and if something messes up later and I have to repeat the encoding, the audio file had already been created so I don't have to run it again.

You can find the free toolame gui at the "gui guy's" web site: http://guiguy.wminds.com/downloads/toolamegui/. Just make sure that you have toolame.exe in the same directory as where toolame gui is installed.

If anyone cares, here is what the contents of my toolamegui.ini file looks like to create the exact settings the Tmpgenc does when it calls Toolame.

[Main]
CLIpath=c:my documentsapplicationsaudio oolame oolame.exe

[Output]
M=1
Mode=1
P=1
Psy=1
B=1
Br=224
V=0
Vlev=5

[Misc]
F=0
Q=0
Qnum=num
D=1
Demp=n
C=0
O=0
E=1
R=0

Question - Steaming error in 2.57 No.25881
DivX  2002-08-01 01:13:28 ( ID:wkaaa/cbr3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After installing the new version I keep getting a streaming error. I do use the custom XSVD. Could this be the cause of the problem.

Thanks

Question - Write Error when encoding DivX's No.25880
Destiny  2002-08-01 00:23:53 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i encode Divx fils to Mpeg layer2 i seem to get the following error, usually between 2% - 25% into encoding . Please help.

" Write Error occurred at Address 00486f76 of module tmpge.exe with 001fd000"

This messages appears quite regularly when encoding divx, howver the numbers in the error seems to vary.

email: akaid24@ntlworld.com

thanks.AQ

Bug report - 4458024.23 GB for ALL output??? No.25878
Ross  2002-07-31 21:10:45 ( ID:xi0vlf2bed6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently, TMPG started saying that all output, no matter what template-mcf file I load, the output will be like 20349203492GB... It gives a huge output filesize no matter what source MPG file I use, or what template I try!!??
Never had this before, and it just started recently?
I am trying to encode a MPG that was off of a DVD, and encode it with like a Kvcd or CQ template but having the same issue..
Thanks for any help
Ross

Minion  2002-07-31 21:48:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you get this problem when useing the Wizard so just don"t use the wiZard cuz if you are useing CQ then the file size prediction will not be accurate anyways, as long as you can encode your files properly It doesn"t seem like a very big problem.......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.