TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 469 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question dvd2avi trouble with tmpg angrypirate 1 2002-07-29 05:09:17
Free talk ashy i love u moviemicky 6 2002-07-29 19:48:32
Question The avi I load into TMPGEnc plus v2.57 saids that its not supported? Sellcaster_22 4 2002-08-01 02:59:17
Question cant load p3 package.dll unclebuck 1 2002-07-29 03:05:44
Question More than one CD Maxel 1 2002-07-28 22:29:35
Question Converting Tracey 1 2002-07-28 21:24:44
Question Bug or operator error? Peter Jay Gould 6 2002-07-30 01:09:44
Question How to divide a video file into several chapters CM 3 2002-07-28 22:19:45
Question Plus Version graphfx 2 2002-07-29 07:37:46
Question Audio out of sync sjhc1177 5 2002-08-05 20:46:38
Question vob-avi-mpeg moviemicky 1 2002-07-28 18:21:28
Bug report msvcrt.dll error Darrell 4 2002-07-30 09:06:43

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 469 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - dvd2avi trouble with tmpg No.25710
angrypirate  2002-07-29 04:42:15 ( ID:v4ecfjrhbam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when trying to convert vob files into mpg files i have heard to use dvd2avi to create a .d2v and a .wav file. tmpg will open the .wav file but not the .d2v. i do have the TMPGEnc.vfp file in my tmpg directoy. wh is this not working?

Minion  2002-07-29 05:09:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look in your "vfapi plugins" and see if you have the dvd2avi plugin installed,and if you do then raise the priority of it to "1 or 2" and if you don"t go into your dvd2avi folder and paste the "dvd2avi.vfp" file into the tmpgenc directory then restart your computer and see if the dvd2avi plugin is there..Other things to do is make sure you don"t move or delete any of the VOB files or the d2v file and don"t change any of the names of files in the path between dvd2avi your vob files and tmpgenc.......

Free talk - ashy i love u No.25703
moviemicky  2002-07-29 02:33:53 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes i do

thx m8 that info made it very simple.

the problem i face after reading what u posted was i had deleated the vob files grrrrrr

but i found a work around

i d/l dec2wac or some thing like that and decoded the sound trackand saved it as a wav file form that tmpge spliced it very well, and i have no complaints with the sycn!

but i tried it the way u suggested as well, and after some time (4hrs) yep their it was my d2v project.

if i run it via windvd it is very nice, i now have 1 other problem which i will chase via sonic

i imported it in to mymdvd and the file which was 3.1 gig is now 5.9 gig, so i am over the 4.7 margin grrrrr

do u know a way too reduce this file still? otherwise i will need to run it throught 'showbiz' to do it, and thats not a trust worthy program.

contact me via emphand@starfleets.org and i will let u know

i may try dvdit (no questions) and see what that can do with it before i burn

thx again

cya

Minion  2002-07-29 03:09:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You said that after 4 hours then you got a "d2v" file??? is this true??? cuz it should take only 15minutes max and thats on a slow system....

moviemicky  2002-07-29 10:06:04 ( ID:efggfmglara )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no sorry that was the conversion process to mpeg yea the d2v took about that time

any way to reduce the file size? this is not the only time mydvd has done this dam program, thinking of switching

Griff  2002-07-29 13:52:42 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looks like youre file was not fully DVD compliant, MYDVD will have transcoded the vid again, using its default settings, which, I think, are CBR 8MB/s.

DVDit uses the MYDVD engine with few (highly) strategic options disabled.

If you're backing up DVDs you don't need to trancode at all, do a search for IFOEdit in this forum, or go to http://www.doom9.net and do a search for IFOEdit there.

Griff

Griff  2002-07-29 13:55:34 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> DVDit uses the MYDVD engine with few (highly) strategic options disabled.

Actually I meant MYDVD uses the DVDit engine with few (highly) strategic options disabled.

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-29 17:46:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm glad you got it sorted m8, but as Griff says it seems as though you have encoded the MPEG yet again with MYDVD, the size of the MPEG should not change much in size when you author it, especially not as much as that.
Have a look at Griffs suggestion, if that's not your cup of tea then stick with the transcoding and if you need any assistance there I will be glad to help, but when it comes to authoring DVD then Griff is your man.

ASHY

moviemicky  2002-07-29 19:48:32 ( ID:0eya54l6qnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

cool i was reading the doon9 gudies and down loaded IFOEdit when i started ripping again aftwards i noticed with smart ripper their is a streaming feature.

hello then i spotted all those subtittles so i unchecked them and run.

now with ifoedit i can only find the ac3 english audio :) so i looks like smart ripper can remove some as well.

now what i am thinking is should i convert this with dvd2avi and see the differance in the file lenght, or use infoedit to compile it.

i will try both and see what happerns

i'll let u know ;)

Question - The avi I load into TMPGEnc plus v2.57 saids that its not supported? No.25698
Sellcaster_22  2002-07-28 23:47:51 ( ID:yfq3hghdb5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"any help would be useful"

Minion  2002-07-29 03:06:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2".....

Mark  2002-07-29 07:28:08 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This really should be on the FAQ list.

moviemicky  2002-07-29 19:49:21 ( ID:0eya54l6qnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yep ive read thi some many times no :0

bosskond  2002-08-01 02:59:17 ( ID:qbyqjhquzb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2".....

I keep finding this answer in the search, but it does not fix my problem. I still get the error "File "file.mpg" can not open, or unsupported." Does anyone have another suggestion for fixing this? It used to work fine and then all of a sudden stopped working. I may have installed an additional codec when it broke, but I've tried removing and adding every mpeg player I can find, but I still can't fix it.

Question - cant load p3 package.dll No.25696
unclebuck  2002-07-28 22:45:40 ( ID:z.m5bpadjb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a divx movie i want to change to dvd im using tmpgenc and this message comes up cant load p3 package.dll what have i done wrong. please help

Minion  2002-07-29 03:05:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First make sure you have all the tmpgenc files in the same folder,and copy and pasteing the "p3p package.dll" file into you system and system32 folder and that usually gets it to work...

Question - More than one CD No.25694
Maxel  2002-07-28 21:38:54 ( ID:oiwedssihhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

Is there a function to say: I have an avi file and i will burn it as SVCD on 2 or more CD's (the only thing i've found is to make one CD), calculate the Framerate for each CD and split avi file in the two (or more) required pieces.

That would be helpful...

Maxel

Minion  2002-07-28 22:29:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you go to "vcdhelp.com you can download a "bitrate calculator" to help you calculate the bitrate for the length and the number of cd-r"s you want to use...

Question - Converting No.25692
Tracey  2002-07-28 21:03:35 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I convert div3/4 & MP43 into Mpeg 1/2? Iam struggling and I am getting different ways of doing it!

Anyone help?...

ASHY  2002-07-28 21:24:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to convert to svcd/vcd then the simplest way is to load one of the SVCD/VCD templates. Click the 'load' button and navigate to your TMPG folder. Here you will find a folder named templates.
Choose a template ensuring you choosing the correct one for your TV system, I.E if you live in the USA choose the 'VideoCD (NTSC).mcf' template.

Next click encode. When the MPEG is finished you may wish to split the movie. You can do this using the MPEGtools, go to File>MPEGtools. Click the Merge/cut tab and load your movie. Highlight the movie and click edit. Decide where you want to cut it then click run. You will have to do this for each part, remember to rename each part differently.
When you do the cut ensure you choose 'MPEG1 Video CD' as the stream type.

Next load the files into NERO and choose the Video cd burning option and burn.

If you need any more assistance pay a vist to www.vcdhelp.com
You will find step by step tutorials from start to finish using the above software.

ASHY

Question - Bug or operator error? No.25685
Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-28 19:49:08 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc Plus 2.5, v.2.57.41.146

Got together some project settings that make a REALLY nice looking DVD out of the Quicktime file exported from an editing system -- except for one thing. At about 2 minutes 45 seconds into the video, there is a visual hiccup in which it jumps back one or two frames and then continues. This is consistent if the file is re-encoded, and regardless of render quality settings. It does NOT happen, though, if I set a source range and just encode the trouble area.

It occurred to me that it might be the result of TMPGEnc trying to do a frame rate conversion, so I set the option to NOT frame rate convert. Suddenly the prediction of remaining render time jumped from 40 minutes to 29 hours, and on playback of a little bit of the resulting MPEG, I see that it's running in EXTREMELY slow motion -- each frame is repeated for about three seconds before going on to the next. So in truth, it IS doing a frame rate conversion when the DO NOT FRAME RATE CONVERSION box is checked.

A check of the search engine yields nothing.

Anyone seen this one?

Pete

Minion  2002-07-28 22:26:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the frame rate of the source file???Doing a frame rate conversion with tmpgenc usually results in a jumpy playback like you are getting, and if you decide not to do a frame rate conversion and your files has a non-standard frame rate then tmpgenc will have problems when encodeing cuz I don"t think you can have a mpeg file with a non-standard frame rate..just a thought...

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-28 23:10:04 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

The frame rate out of the edit system is 29.97 fps, and other software (like Adobe AfterEffects) properly recognizes it as 29.97, but evidently TMPGEnc doesn't think so. I'm guessing that's where the problem is. One thought: this edit system outputs video as Quicktime, and I'm using the Quicktime reader extension in the TMPGEnc directory. Could that have anything to do with it?

Pete

Steve  2002-07-29 06:39:24 ( ID:lkg81ytreon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That behavior sounds similar to something I've experienced, except I was creating a VCD from my own Pinnacle Studio AVI file. I posted several articles, but nobody ever figured it out. Finally, I was able to get rid of the hiccup was by decreasing the audio bitrate to 128kb. (TMPGenc did NOT create the hiccup encoding the same file as MPEG2-- only MPEG1).

Maybe you can try encoding the audio separately (I've never tried that myself, however).

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-29 14:25:55 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Maybe you can try encoding the audio separately (I've never tried that myself, however).

Just tried that: re-exported the video track ONLY from the edit system and told TMPGEnc to create an elementary video stream. Same problem, in the same place. *sigh*

Pete

Steve  2002-07-29 17:18:28 ( ID:vd8ia0rfmbf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Just tried that: re-exported the video track ONLY from the edit system and told TMPGEnc to create an elementary video stream. Same problem, in the same place. *sigh*
>
Pete,

Hmmmm. Have you tried frameserving the video to TMPGenc from VirtualDub or some other compatible software? (I haven't tried that route myself, either- I followed the "How-To" info on the VirtualDub and VCDHelp sites, but wasn't able to get frameserving to work). I used VitualDub to scan for bad frames, but none were reported (although I've heard that this isn't completely reliable). The strangest part of this problem (to me, at least), was that I could even play back the problematic MPG file in VirtualDub, without seeing ANY problems!

I did notice that the framerate displayed (when I turn on statistics using the old MPlayer2.exe Windows Media Player) sometimes jumps up beyond 30 fps at the problem points. I *DO* think that the problem has something to do with TMPGenc, because I can use the Pinnacle encoder to make a clean VCD file and I can even use TMPGenc with different settings.

So far, my "best" solution is to decrease the audio bitrate to 128. There is a slight loss in fidelity, but it's much better than the unpredictable, annoying video glitches. I haven't tried re-encoding with version 2.57 yet, either.

Good luck!

Pete Gould  Home )  2002-07-30 01:09:44 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Have you tried frameserving the video to TMPGenc from VirtualDub or some other compatible software?

No, not yet; I was hoping to come up with a way of keeping the path from edit system to MPEG2 as straightforward as possible.

Pete

Question - How to divide a video file into several chapters No.25681
CM  2002-07-28 18:48:58 ( ID:.buwe4ocw.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the following problem: I recorded a film from Television (avi file). Now I would like to divide it into several chapters (similar to a DVD). Is there any function in TMPGEncoder to start a new chapter e.g. every 10 minutes? I do not want to cut the film in many files by hand because there is a great loss of quality and it also costs a lot of time. I just want to have it divided into several chapters after encoding is finished. Modifying the mpeg file after encoding would also be fine if it works automatically without a loss of quality.

I would be glad about any hints

Thank You!
CM

ASHY  2002-07-28 19:10:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To add the chapters to an MPEG file you need to use an authoring tool after you have encoded the MPEG.
There are many programs which can do this, but a very good free piece of software able to do the job is VCDeasy which can do the chapters for you.
http://www.vcdeasy.org/
ASHY

CM  2002-07-28 19:43:10 ( ID:rkduhw95pwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot!

I will try it.

CM

Minion  2002-07-28 22:19:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another great tool for chapters and especially Menues and Titles is "ulead dvd plugin" you need to use it with "ulead video studio 6" or "ulead media studio 6" but it does good menues and titles and chapters which give the movie a real profecinal look to them, you can get a copy of each software at kazaa.....

Question - Plus Version No.25678
graphfx  2002-07-28 17:48:04 ( ID:qlpufixwkrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI all,

My question is this. Is purchasing the plus version give anymore features then the the mpeg-2 experartion? Don't get me wrong I belive in supporting authors not there are other tools I can use that are free (poor broke student) But, I would gladly purchase the plus version if it gives me more then a time out on mpeg-2 creation. (actually I would love version 3 as I am sure encoding would support p4 ect and be alot faster). Any feedback from plus owners would be appreciated that are not just buy it cause its the right thing to do.

Thanks.
graphfx

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:30:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want an honest answer, I would say unless you need unlimited MPEG2 encoding then it isn't really worthwhile.
The main differences are as said MPEG2 encoding, a new 2 pass encoding method which you probably wouldn't use too often and a manual describing TMPG features.
It has been said that the plus version is slightly quicker. I'm not sure about this as the plus and the ordinary version use the same encoding engine thus there shouldn't be a difference in speed.
I will add that I have tested this and didn't notice a speed difference.

It is really up to you to decide. The Plus version is available for trial for 15 days, so download and give it a shot and compare then see what you think.

ASHY

Mark  2002-07-29 07:37:46 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought plus so I could make mpeg2 files for use with my DVD burner. Still, I would have bought plus even if I was still making vcd's, since I want to support tmpg (I use this program practically every day). I noticed no difference in encoding times between the free and plus versions, though.

Question - Audio out of sync No.25672
sjhc1177  2002-07-28 16:12:36 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sure this is a question you guys have all heard before but I just cant figure it out. I have downloaded a few DivX movies and when I split them with VirtualDub the aduio is out of sync. Now VirtualDub told me that the audio was out of sync and to make a WAV file, which I did. Then use the wave with the AVI and recompress it. I've burt about 12 cd's now all out of sync. Do I need to use another program when the audio's out of sync?

Thanks. You guys have been a great help.

Mark  2002-07-28 17:31:15 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdhelp.com/faq.htm#fixdivx

Good Luck

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:11:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the original AVI out of sync or not? Also why is it you are using Virtualdub to split the movies and are you creating MPEGs from these files?

If the original AVI is in sync, the problem is probably due to the fact that some sort of audio skew has been added to these files to sync the audio and video.
What is happening when you split the files is that Virtualdub is creating new files without the skew included thus causing de-sync. Unless you specifically reset the audio skew with virtualdub it will just be simply ignored and de-sync will occur.

If you are creating MPEGs from these files and they have had some sort of audio skew added, it is quite likely TMPG will ignore this skew and cause A/V desync.
It is better to load the AVI into virtualdub and frameserve it to TMPG as Virtualdub will take into account the skew while frame serving and should give you a synched movie providing of course that the original source AVI is in sync. You can then split the movie with the MPEGtools.

ASHY

sjhc1177  2002-07-28 18:57:56 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One movie I'm having trouble with reports a CBR skew problem. I have tried dumping the whole audio to a WAV and using VirtualDub to process the WAV under Full processing. Then splitting the movie and then loading it in to Tmpgenc. But the audio is out of sync before I convert it to a MPG.

I've come across this before. Is it better to use Tmpgenc to split the avi when out of sync?

I've even tried to reload the WAV and create a new AVI. No luck there.

I also have DivX that again sound fine but when split the audio seems to slip and be out of sync.

Steven

ASHY  2002-07-28 19:32:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are we creating an MPEG?

If the audio is in sync in the source AVI then just frameserve the whole thing to TMPG and then split the movie after encoding.

If it isn't in sync then extract the audio from the avi to a wav and load that and the AVI into Virtualdub, using the wav as the audio source as this will remove any prior skew correction. It is then up to you to find the correct skew adjustment to add to the audio to sync the movie.
Once you have achieved correct sync frame serve the movie to TMPG.

ASHY

Bill  2002-08-05 20:46:38 ( ID:dqbdpj8rrkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy
The quality setting on the PLUS templates is different because it uses KVCD's own q.matrix and CQ_VBR instead of CQ. That's why the number is so different than the value in the regular KVCD templates. The quality on the PLUS is really much higher than the regular templates. They explained that over at their site.

Bill

Question - vob-avi-mpeg No.25670
moviemicky  2002-07-28 14:35:47 ( ID:r.qszuxkgdk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok sorry to all how may have posted replies in the past about this subject, but i have been unable too find a clear statement.

ok i have backed up a cd, which i borrowed cause my daughter sat on my original, and have got so far, but now i have gor lost some where.

the steps i took.

1 smartripper - created the vob files

2 dvd2avi - created 2 files 1 avi (pic) 1 audio file (soundtrack)

3 (problem) tmpgen splicing of the avi file to the audio file.

as u can see part 3 is causing me problems, as i link both segments to gether, in order to create a single avi/mpeg2 file.

at differant points in the encoding tmpg comes up with a statement 'illegall error' and closes down, i tried to copy the details but it will not paste here the results :(

questions

1 can tmpg splice the 2 files, i think it can ???

2 if not will virtuadub do this, if so how do i import both fies to that (checking their forums aswell)

all i need to do is create 1 avi/mpeg2 file from their i can import it to dvdit and recreate the dvd whic was destoryed.

recommendation:

keep the kids away from dvd's don't u love them

it was an extended version of aliens, with the robo guns etc

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:21:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok you have partly done the conversion correctly, but you have took a wrong turning.
It is not necessary to create an AVI with DVD2AVI (even though the name suggests it).
The step you should have taken after loading the Vobs into DVD2AVI is you should have created a d2v project file . After loading the vobs and setting DVD2AVI up as you want it the next step is to click File>save project.
This will then quickly create a .d2v project file and a wav file which you can load directly in to TMPG and encode.

One important thing to remember: DO NOT move, rename or delete any of the vobs, the directories the vobs are stored in or the d2v file or this will give you an error. Once the d2v is created don't remove anything until you have finished encoding the movie.

ASHY

Bug report - msvcrt.dll error No.25665
Darrell  2002-07-28 13:01:56 ( ID:qly88hkgpfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i used v2.57 to demux a m2v file so i can encode the mp2 file. but when i tried to encode mp2 an error message saying there was an error in msvcrt.dll & i had to shutdown the program.
i have no problem using v2.56 at all.

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:45:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using an older version of windows, you probably need to update your Visual basic runtime files.
follow the links to download this file http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcrt
Replace the original after backing up the file. You will find it in the windowssystem or windowssystem32 folder.

If that doesn't solve your may have to download any install the latest Visual basic runtime files.

ASHY

Darrell  2002-07-29 07:19:40 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank u for replied.i'm using windows 2k advanced server with sp2. the current version of msvcrt.dll (v6.1) is newer than the 1 i downloaded (v6.0)from the link u provided.

ASHY  2002-07-29 17:49:55 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you wish I will post my XP version to your mail address if you wish to try it.

ASHY

Darrell  2002-07-30 09:06:43 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my email: duncon98@hotmail.com
thanx 4 ur help. i'm apprecited.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.