TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 472 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question When does TMPGenc resize images? Pete Gould 9 2002-08-30 05:28:18
Request VOB to Mpeg1 or 2 SeeMoreDigital 6 2002-07-27 19:22:45
Question Jagged edges in motion with MPEG=2 David Forslund 1 2002-07-26 23:29:11
Question floating decimal error londo 5 2002-07-26 17:44:40
Question A beep sound at the conjuncture of two mpg files experiment 2 2002-07-27 00:28:44
Question Jagged edges in motion with MPEG=2 David Forslund 1 2002-07-26 08:42:19
Question Purple haze goes in and out after encoding avi2mpg Hanger18 2 2002-07-26 22:57:43
Question PROBLEM WITH LOW BIT RATE VCD PLAYER COMPATIBILITY KHAN 1 2002-07-26 08:33:19
Question Audio Sync Problem DownbeatDave 5 2002-07-27 11:15:13
Question .."can not open, or are unsupported" LP 8 2002-07-27 13:00:38
Question Audio Sync Problem John Angelos 1 2002-07-31 08:28:48
Bug report Error -537403781 1032192 Moazzam 1 2002-07-26 02:21:46

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 472 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - When does TMPGenc resize images? No.25575
Pete Gould  Home )  2002-07-26 14:36:17 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could someone provide a brief explanation of the manner in which TMPGenc handles images when different "video arrange methods" are used (the various FullScreen and Center types, as well as NoMargin)? The help text within the program is not particularly helpful.

Also, has anyone noted a black level shift when material is encoded with TMPGenc?

I'm bringing in material from digital Betacam through an Avid Symphony at 1:1 (no compression), which comes in as a Quicktime file. Once encoded through TMPGenc, it appears that the black level has risen and that the frame size has enlarged and then been cropped at the edges (so, for instance, a lower third is pushed down past the bottom edge of the screen).

Any comments would be welcome.

Pete

Pete Gould  Home )  2002-07-26 15:11:13 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I should have clarified: this is MPEG2 for DVD we're talking about. The material is coming in via serial digital video, at US NTSC, 720x486, with black at 7.5IRE. When encoding is done it looks like black ends up at least 4 or 5 IRE higher.

Griff  2002-07-27 18:08:13 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With reference to your black level query, this may seem like a silly question, but are you comparing the black levels between your video and computer monitor, or are you doing like for like comparisons on your computer monitor?

Griff

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-27 21:30:55 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>With reference to your black level query, this may seem like a silly question, but are you comparing the black levels between your video and computer monitor, or are you doing like for like comparisons on your computer monitor?

There are no silly questions. It's like this: I have a video editing facility based on an Avid Symphony which can output to Ditigal Betacam, the DV formats, Betacam-SP or VHS. Or it can output to Quicktime or AVI. With that in mind, I'm making several comparisons: (1) between the original Avid media as seen on a computer monitor and the encoded MPEG2 as seen on the same monitor; (2) between the file exported from the Avid (which looks just the same as the Avid media) and the MPEG2 on the same monitor; and (3) between a DVD burned from the resulting MPEG2 and a Beta-SP or VHS dub of the same program off the Avid. It seems like the MPEG2 has a consistently high black level, resulting in more evident noise in the blacks and a "greyer" look to them as opposed to a true black. I've seen some systems that try to compensate for RGB levels (where black is R=0,G=0,B=0) going into YUV or video color space where R=16,G=16,B=16. If you feed such a system with a file that already has setup, it will raise it still further and produce something quite like I'm seeing; in those cases there is often a software checkbox somewhere called something like "Vidoe has setup".

Pete

Griff  2002-07-27 22:05:49 ( ID:weqq6oiuelr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>There are no silly questions.

Thank you, in research we take a similar attitude: no one is wrong, one merely has a different perspective.

Anyway, I'll take your third point:

>3 between a DVD burned from the resulting MPEG2 and a Beta-SP or VHS dub of the same program off the Avid. It seems like the MPEG2 has a consistently high black level, resulting in more evident noise in the blacks and a "greyer" look to them as opposed to a true black.

I've got my suspicions about this problem. I'll get back to you.

Griff

Griff  2002-07-27 22:13:30 ( ID:weqq6oiuelr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I should have come to this first:

>1. between the original Avid media as seen on a computer monitor and the encoded MPEG2 as seen on the same monitor

And..?

Griff

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-28 06:23:33 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I should have come to this first:
>
>>1. between the original Avid media as seen on a computer monitor and the encoded MPEG2 as seen on the same monitor
>
>And..?
>
>Griff

...and the encoded file has a higher black level than the original media. Not TONS higher; just a few IRE. But enough to be noticeable.

Pete

Griff  2002-07-29 07:48:16 ( ID:/pwzvx1xh/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, process of elimination time. By the way, I'm assuming your using a computer monitor capable of producing a correct black level to begin with (most are >=5 IRE).

Check the Quick time file you're using as the feed, if this is OK, then it's definitely the encoder.

If it is the encoder, then why not load in a test screen and go into "settings -> custom color correction -> add..." and then choose a type and mode.

I'm not sure of the quality of the Quick time file you're using, but if I were going to encode broadcast quality video, I'd use uncompressed AVI as the feed; these files are huge ~1GB/min, but if you split up the video into chapters before encoding, and then delete them after, this method should give very satisfactory results.

Griff

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-29 14:41:01 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Check the Quick time file you're using as the feed, if this is OK, then it's definitely the encoder.

Done that, and it's definitely the encoder.

>If it is the encoder, then why not load in a test screen and go into "settings -> custom color correction -> add..." and then choose a type and mode.

True; I can certainly do that. I was just wondering if anyone had seen that behavior before and if there was a known workaround.

>I'm not sure of the quality of the Quick time file you're using, but if I were going to encode broadcast quality video, I'd use uncompressed AVI as the feed

The Avid Symphony is a system that is based on code ported to the PC from the Mac, therefore it's Quicktime-native. It uses uncompressed Quicktime as other systems use uncompressed AVI. And while it could output uncompressed AVI if I wanted, it would actually be making a copy of the file at 1GB/min, whereas if I use Quicktime it's really just pointing at the existing file inside the edit system, so it only needs storage space for that, rather than that-plus-a-copy.

Thanks,

Pete

John Marshall  2002-08-30 05:28:18 ( ID:/zxgqhnvkaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do the white levels get clipped as well? If so, you may want to experiment with the option "Output YUV data as basic YCbCr, not CCIR601" on the "Quantize Matrix" tab. When it's unchecked, it's equivalent to NTSC safe color processing, and it's unchecked by default.

John

Request - VOB to Mpeg1 or 2 No.25568
SeeMoreDigital  2002-07-26 14:22:43 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a new user to TMPGEnc so please help. I'm trying to make Mpeg1/2 files from unencrypted vob files. Which I want to transfer to CD and run on my DVD player.

I could do this previously with v2.56. But after reinstalling WinXP Pro yesterday and changing to v2.57 the program goes from 0 to 100% in about half a second and I'm left with a file of just 100Kb.

Im sure it's something completely obvious that I've overlooked!

Minion  2002-07-27 00:11:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are loading the "VOB" files directly into Tmpgenc???This isn"t a very good idea for a few reasons, first Tmpgenc can"t seperate all the differant streams, and for some reason encodeing VOB files takes twice as long as frame serveing them, so I think you shouldn"t have a problem i you used "DVD2AVI" to frame serve the VOB files to Tmpgenc, this is the standard way if backing up dvd"s with Tmpgenc....

SeeMoreDigital  2002-07-27 12:18:49 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply

Yes I am loading the vob files directly, but they are not very big, no more than 300MB. I'm extracting the music videos, deleted scenes & trailers from the DVD Movies. I am also extracting my favourite music videos from an artists DVD's.

However for storing an entire film I use EasyDivX (v0.82) which generates an .avi/divx file and separate unencrypted vob files. I then take the unencrypted vob file and run it through TMPEnc...........or thats the plan!

As I mentioned, I was able to do this before!

However, now I'm thinking about it, I will check to see if the music vobs Ive changed into Mpeg2's with TMPEnc contained PCM or AC3 audio tracks.

I wonder if its this that made the difference?

Cheers

ASHY  2002-07-27 12:53:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why oh why do people keep insisting on converting VOB files directly. This method is not only slower, but is less reliable and as minion says there is no way to extract the different streams.
As for using EasyDivX (v0.82) for converting DVD to AVI then to MPEG using TMPG, this is another long winded way which is bound to reduce the quality.
Have a look at the DVD2AVI>TMPG frameserving method. Once you have used this method you won't want to use any other.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-07-27 16:19:49 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah I hear you ASHY people keep trying to convert VOB files I my self was one of those for a while.
But I put this to you If its possible to just load VOB files directly into TMPGenc and it would handle them correctly without any negavites wouldnt it be nice to be able to skip the step of using DVD2AVI.
I wish Hori would build the ability to handle VOB's into TMPGenc. Just combine the code from DVD2AVI into it so it could properly decode and encode them.

SeeMoreDigital  2002-07-27 16:38:55 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh Dear Ashy!

I did not say I converted avi's to mpeg. I'm trying to convert vob's to mpeg 1 or 21

I have no problems ripping DVD's to avi's/divx. With my humble 800Mhz P3 it takes just less than twice the DVD's run time to create an avi with EasyDivX

I've currently have around 10 movies on my server for the kids to watch on their own PC's including Titanic (189mins) and Harry Potter (147mins).

Jeeeeeese, I mean who would want these movies clogging up their DVD player for hours on end!!!!!!

But ofcourse I am interested in finding faster ways of ripping DVD's to avi's.

Thanks again

ASHY  2002-07-27 19:22:45 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, it just how your post seems to put it.
Do you want the fastest way bar none of ripping DVD to MPEG.
DVD2AVI>AVIsynth>CCE
3x faster than TMPG and unrivalled picture quality.

ASHY

Question - Jagged edges in motion with MPEG=2 No.25566
David Forslund  2002-07-26 13:27:29 ( ID:lkwi3nmjxjl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I process an AVI file into an MPEG-2 for DVD file and it looks very
good, except that when there is rapid motion the picture seems
to break up into blocks (unable to follow the motion). When the motion
ceases, the picture sharpens right up. I understand that this
probably is a "feature" of MPEG-2, but is there any way I can reduce
this characteristic as it can be quite annoying. The compression
I'm seeing is very good, the order of 40 times smaller than the original
uncompressed avi file, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little compression
if I can remove this "blocking" of the picture.

Thanks,

Minion  2002-07-26 23:29:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you just used the Default setting in the "Motion Precition Search" from the DVD Template then you need to adjust it to "Normal" or "High Quality" cuz the Default setting in the DVD Template is set to "Motion Estimate Search" which is the Lowest quality setting......

Question - floating decimal error No.25560
londo  2002-07-26 11:52:34 ( ID:py/duj2rcm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what can i do to fix or solve a problem with a floating decimal error? It happens on the last part of my avi file (approx. 10-15 min left) and I have tried all I know which is limited at best. Please help.

ASHY  2002-07-26 12:25:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is corruption in your file. To get round it just encode the last part without the MMX,MMX2,SSE,SSE2 optimizations in the enviromental settings and encode.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-26 12:31:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and don't forget to turn off 'use floating point DCT' in the quantize matrix settings.
If that doesn't work try an earlier version of TMPG which sometimes works.

ASHY

speedburner  2002-07-26 15:52:16 ( ID:sc8rm2mpgww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, i have the exact same problem apart from i cant encode anything with tmpgenc anymore, no matter what i encode vcd/svcd/dvd sometime during the encode it will come up with the error "illegal floating decimal point calculation order", i dont understand this ive tried new and old versions of tmpgenc and it just dont work anymore :(. Pls help i aint got a clue why the hell its doing this to me.

pc spec

amd athlon 1800xp
256mb ddr ram pc2100
msi kt3 ultra mb
windows xp pro

pls help b4 i go insane

speedburner  2002-07-26 16:09:06 ( ID:ktpsdysrjio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, i have the exact same problem apart from i cant encode anything with tmpgenc anymore, no matter what i encode vcd/svcd/dvd sometime during the encode it will come up with the error "illegal floating decimal point calculation order", i dont understand this ive tried new and old versions of tmpgenc and it just dont work anymore :(. Pls help i aint got a clue why the hell its doing this to me.

pc spec

amd athlon 1800xp
256mb ddr ram pc2100
msi kt3 ultra mb
windows xp pro

pls help b4 i go insane

ABS  2002-07-26 17:44:40 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you run any other programs on the computer when encoding?
I used get this error if I started running Office applications or dailed the internet so these days when it's encoding I simply leave the computer all alone until it finnishes encoding, and make sure no background tasks are running.

ABS

Question - A beep sound at the conjuncture of two mpg files No.25557
experiment  2002-07-26 10:48:08 ( ID:pdpykrt0lso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encode two avi files into two mpg files (in PAL), they are no problem. Then I goto File->MPEG Tools->Merge&Cut, choose "MPEG-1 Video-CD" and import the two mpg files for joining.

After the porcess, I playback the product and find that there is a beep sound at the connect part of the two files. I try serveal times but the result is same.

Do anyone know the reason and the solution? Thank you.

Olli  2002-07-26 11:00:59 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a button on the screenw heer you join the mpeg files that is called 'Correct' or somethign like that. Click on it and you will be prompted if you want to correct the audio when joining the files.

Problem solved

Minion  2002-07-27 00:28:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem seems to happen when you are joining 2 files and that at the joining point of the 2 files they were edited part way through a GOP.Mpeg files are supposed to be edited on an I frame and when you join two files that are part way through a GOP at the joining point you get that "Beep" sound ,so to fix this problem (if the correct button doesn"t work) is to edit a few frames off the end of the first file and edit a few frames off the beginning of the second file then join them, and to be sure you don"t edit in the middle of a GOP when you are trimming a few frames off is not to use the "frame by frame" buttons, the slider naturally stops the movie at the beginning or end of a gop.The correct button is supposed to fix this by finding the closest I frame at the end of the first and the beginning of the second file and it usually works but if it doesn"t you can try this fix........

Question - Jagged edges in motion with MPEG=2 No.25555
David Forslund  2002-07-26 06:36:25 ( ID:lkwi3nmjxjl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I process an AVI file into an MPEG-2 for DVD file and it looks very
good, except that when there is rapid motion the picture seems
to break up into blocks (unable to follow the motion). When the motion
ceases, the picture sharpens right up. I understand that this
probably is a "feature" of MPEG-2, but is there any way I can reduce
this characteristic as it can be quite annoying. The compression
I'm seeing is very good, the order of 40 times smaller than the original
uncompressed avi file, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little compression
if I can remove this "blocking" of the picture.

Thanks,

Minion  2002-07-26 08:42:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those artifacts can usually be removed by useing a higher bitrate or uping the quality on the "Motion Precition Search",Useing the High Quality setting should clean up the macro blocks but useing a bitrate that is to low will give you this effect also...

Question - Purple haze goes in and out after encoding avi2mpg No.25552
Hanger18  2002-07-26 04:43:41 ( ID:gb5.k0fv0m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I encode a avi2mpg, The color is messed up in the process. I have like a purple haze that fades in and out through out playback. Is it something in the color settings before encoding that I can do to prevent this??

Minion  2002-07-26 08:36:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is usually caused by haveing the "Angel Potion Codec" installed on your system.So what you should do is delete the codec and re-encode the file to mpeg then it should work properly,This is a well known"n problem with the Angel Potion Codec....

Hanger18  2002-07-26 22:57:43 ( ID:gb5.k0fv0m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THanks much, I will try that. The angel potion codec must be a part of the Nimo Codec pack then. THanks again.

Question - PROBLEM WITH LOW BIT RATE VCD PLAYER COMPATIBILITY No.25550
KHAN  2002-07-26 04:26:23 ( ID:/gpgqwlbtb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI ; i tried to encode mpeg1 file with lower bit rate to fit two vcd's into one. And I SUCCEEDED IN DOING SO AT THE BIT RATE OF 576 KB/S . BUT WHEN I PLAY IT ON MY VCD PLAYER ( STANDALONE ) IT FLICKERS AND STICKS AFTER AROUND EVERY 30 SEC. WITH AUDIO GETTING SUPPRESSED A LITTLE.

IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE SOLUTION PLS. MAIL ME .. I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL..

Minion  2002-07-26 08:33:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only solution is to either raise the bitrate or buy a different dvd player but I don"t think there many any that will play vcd"s very well with bitrates that low, .The only other thing that you might try is the KVCD templates at www.kvcd.com they have a template that allows you to get 120 minutes of video on a cd-r, I think the quality isn"t very good with those templates but that doesn"t seem to be a concern with you, at least the quality will be probably be better that the one you have and it might play properly.Most poeple put vcd"s on at least 2 cd-r"s for a full movie, i use higher bitrates so I usually try to squeeze them on 3 cd-r"s.....

Question - Audio Sync Problem No.25544
DownbeatDave  2002-07-26 00:24:25 ( ID:dlllfeor9hg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a 720x480 DV file to 320x240 MPG1 so I can use it in my PocketPC. I'm using a 2-pass VBR so it's nice and compressed to a max bit rate of 500kbs. But the MPG audio is delayed as much a 2 seconds after the video plays, rendering it pretty much unusable. I did a search on the BBS but didn't find this problem. Any clues? Thanks.

Minion  2002-07-26 02:10:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IF the audio and video are the same amount out of sync the whole way through the file you can fix it by de-multiplexing it the multiplexing it back together with a program like "mpeg2vcr" or "bbmpeg" cuz they have a setting were you can adjust the audio and video delay..but it takes a little trial and error to get it right...

DownbeatDave  2002-07-26 02:27:59 ( ID:dlllfeor9hg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is the audio & video getting out of sync to begin with? Is an out-of-synch condition normal to to be expected? I've converted to many different compression types over the years and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

I've maintained the same number of frames per second on the source and target, thinking that might contribute to the problem, but to no avail.

I've noticed that a "standard" solution is to de-MPX the AV and add or delete time to the audio and then re-MPX through trial and error. Seems kinda hokey to me.

Minion  2002-07-26 03:25:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed with Captured files that sometimes when you are captureing that the audio will start recording a bit before or after the video starts recording, and it will play in sync as an avi cuz the audio and video are interleaved but when tmpgenc encodes it seems that it grabs each stream and seperates them to encode them them muxeses them in the mpeg with out takeing in to account the delay at the begining,It seams like a reasonable explanation but if that is what is happening I don"t know..

ASHY  2002-07-26 11:56:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd say that was a pretty good explanation minion,sounds quite plausable to me as most encoders have to parse the streams to re-encode the file. This is what usually happens with downloaded AVI's. The creators sometimes add a delay with Virtualdub or something to the audio, but when you re-encode this file it seems that the delay is totally ignored by TMPG thus re-introducing the de-sync.
DownbeatDave, aS for the standard way to correct it as you say is to de-Multiplex the A/V and add or delete time to the audio. This is a difficult way to do it the best and easiest way, as minion said, is with MPEG2VCR or BBMPEG which both have a feature which allows a delay/reduction to be introduced to audio to re-sync the movie.

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-27 11:15:13 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adding a delay in bbmpeg will correct the problem, but I've found that some authoring programs (for DVD) de-multipledx, process and re-multiples the files, placing the sound header exactly where it was before you went to all the trouble of adding the timeshift. If you use DVD2AVI to frameserve, it will conveniently give the delay in milliseconds that the audio is out os sync. If you use BeSplit, with the delay that DVD2AVI gave you as the split point this will always work.

Of course, compensating for dropped frames, leading to gradual de-sync is another problem...

Griff

Question - .."can not open, or are unsupported" No.25535
LP  2002-07-26 00:23:12 ( ID:l/hmlrcfwfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI...I get this message when I try to open an AVI-file "can not open, or unsupported". I have done a lot of other AVI.files but have never seen this problem.
Anyone who knows whats wrong?

LP

Minion  2002-07-26 02:05:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2".This usually works.......

ASHY  2002-07-26 02:17:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion do you never get fed up with this one bud? I did a long time ago.

ASHY

Minion  2002-07-26 03:18:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just have it pasted to my clip board now,Ha Ha ,You can get as anoyed as possible but it still doesn"t make poeple USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION TO FIND ANSWERS, but maybe one day...

ASHY  2002-07-26 11:59:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL, maybe if you just stop answering the question, the lazy gits would have to search for the answer.

ASHY

LP  2002-07-26 15:05:01 ( ID:l/hmlrcfwfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sry. guys I see this is a common problem so I could have search. First time I use this board and havent really noticed the function! I will use that in the future. By the way it worked (surprice).....thx.

knish  2002-07-27 01:20:17 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Ashy and Minion:

I have not had much luck with this error by trying to raise the priority. I use multiple machines and it seems that I have to use TMPGEnc on the same machine that I used DVD2AVI on. So for example, I use box A to create the d2v and the audio file, then I cannot use TMPGEnc on box B to encode.

Strange behavior or am I just crazy.

knish.

Griff  2002-07-27 11:21:33 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you just copy the d2v and audio file to the second machine? If so you will get the error since the d2v just points TMPGenc in the direction of the origional mpeg, which is sitting on you first machine. Even if you copy all the files, you've got to keep the directory structure the same on both machines, or the d2v will lose the origional mpeg and you'll get that error message.

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-27 13:00:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Griff is right. Once the d2v file is created you CANNOT move or delete the Vobs or the d2v file or rename any of the files or folders in it's path. In fact just don't change anything at all.
Also you would have to have the DVD2AVI VFAPI plugin installed on the second machine for it to work in the first place.

ASHY

Question - Audio Sync Problem No.25533
John Angelos  2002-07-25 18:55:46 ( ID:aiamsu5q0ca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded quite a few AVI's from the net, I usually use Virtual Dub to pull the audio out as full stream no compression. Then when I use TMPGEnc 2.56 to encode to mpeg usually the first 20 minutes are fine but towards the end of the movie the audio is out of sync sometimes just a bit and others more. I've ready many messeges here about audio sync and they seem to be confusing.

Someone said that these are such big files that as they are downloaded thru the net they become corrupt ... um no I don't buy that for an instant, because first of all HTTP and FTP do have protocol checksums and regardless I've attempted to download the same file many times and then when I compare the files they are identical.

I am begginning to believe that the people that have created the AVI's have done something wrong.

Oh yes one big point ... these are the AVI's that are the problem ... right from the beginning before I attempt any encoding ... I check the avi audio sync so not to waste time ...

Please englighten me !!

John

Naqua  2002-07-31 08:28:48 ( ID:jndln8sx8rl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

John,

I have captured a 45min SvhS tape to a 18GB avi.
Sound is in Sync. After i encode it to mpg2 sound at the beginning is in sync
The more i get towards the end of the encoded movie the sound becomes more out of sync.

There was no frame-loss when capturing.
I don't know what to do with it.

Looks like the same problem you have.

Bug report - Error -537403781 1032192 No.25531
Moazzam  2002-07-25 18:51:13 ( ID:0ailudbijua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please Help Me!

I am trying to encode an avi movie to mpg and it gives me this error (Error -537403781 1032192) after a few seconds of encoding and the encoding pauses. When i press Ok the encoding begins and then again after a few secongs it gives the error again. Do u have any solutions or suggestions. Please reply! it is important

ASHY  2002-07-26 02:21:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a different version of TMPG than the one you are using. Preferably an earlier version such as 2.52.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.