TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 507 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question unable to convert AVI 2 MPG(vcd format) foxx 2 2002-06-29 21:46:37
Question CBR versus CQ Stratyon 1 2002-06-27 22:11:23
Question Batch encoding mannaggia 2 2002-06-27 23:19:39
Question TMPGEnc TOO slow Imagine 2 2002-06-27 22:01:23
Question Problems with TMPG 2.56 and Windows 2000 Bremer,Sven 1 2002-06-27 21:56:21
Question Stutter on the video POD 2 2002-07-06 16:48:22
Question How to get subtitles from DVD files George 1 2002-06-27 21:13:55
Question Can you convert Caption and movie? John 1 2002-08-20 02:44:29
Question Stutter on the video POD 1 2002-06-27 21:52:02
Bug report XP closes 2.56.39.143 when De-interlace is selected POD 4 2002-06-28 11:04:04
Question P3PACKAGE Dan 1 2002-06-27 17:57:02
Bug report massive memory leakage with multithread? Khilith 0 2002-06-27 15:56:36

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 507 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - unable to convert AVI 2 MPG(vcd format) No.24068
foxx  2002-06-27 22:48:23 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does anybody know how i can convert an AVI format Video file to MPRG format video file with TMPG as it rejects the file selected.

Minion  2002-06-28 02:15:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are probably getting a "cannot open or unsupported format" Error when you try to load your file, to Fix it , go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" then raise the "direct show file reader" to "2" by right clicking it and selecting raise priority,this should get you file loaded..

foxx  2002-06-29 21:46:37 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks 4 your help minion it saved me alot of hassle
thanks again

Question - CBR versus CQ No.24066
Stratyon  Home )  2002-06-27 21:41:12 ( ID:8atfyruo8eo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which is better?
And how can I figure out what CQ bitrate/quality to use to fit a movie onto a cd?

Minion  2002-06-27 22:11:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With CQ you can fit a whole bunch more on a cd-r while keeping good quality, but it is allmost imposible to figure out what the file size will be cuz it changes depending on the avi file you are encodeing ,but I have been able to fit 100min of OK quality vcd on a single cd-r, useing the standard vcd resolution with CQ with 5000kbs max and 950min with 85 quality, but you have to have the "system" setting on "mpeg1/vcd non-standard" and do not enable padding.....

Question - Batch encoding No.24063
mannaggia  2002-06-27 21:39:41 ( ID:ep9rhaop4bo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have seen that you can make TMPGEnc run a batch conversion. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? Please bear in mind that I don't seem to have the help file loaded on my version so this is why I am asking this forum. Thanks in advance for your help!

Andy

Minion  2002-06-27 22:04:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You load each file in individually, do your settings then go to "file" to "save project" then repeat for each file then when your done the go to "file" to "batch encode" and then load the "tpr project files" into the batch encode window then click "run" then it will encode all your files..

mannaggia  2002-06-27 23:19:39 ( ID:ad8/qkszgcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, I'll give it ago with the last part or "Ali G - In Da house", beautiful DVD ripp I just downloaded....

Question - TMPGEnc TOO slow No.24060
Imagine  2002-06-27 21:14:26 ( ID:juaiox3aa9r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used TMPGEnc to convert .mpeg files I downloaded off the internet because they refused to burn, and I thought that if I converted them again, they would burn. Well, it turns out to take about 45 minutes to convert a 4 minute video while converting a 4 minute .asf file only takes about 11 minutes or so. Why is .mpeg taking so long?

mannaggia  2002-06-27 21:48:52 ( ID:ep9rhaop4bo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This application puts quality first, regardless of time. I know from experience that it can take many hours to encode movies, so 4 mins in 45 mins does not sound excessive for an mpeg file. Obviously, if you compare the speed of something like VirtualDub to TMPGEnc, the latter appears to be a lot slower, but you need to think in terms of what they are doing: VirtualDub is only converting to a different codec.

Andy

Minion  2002-06-27 22:01:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your MPEG files will burn to disk but the problem probably is that they are just mpeg files not vcd or svcd file what you have to do is attach the proper headers to the mpeg files, load an mpeg file into the "merge and cut" and choose your output directory and if it is a mpeg1 file then choose "mpeg1/vcd non-standard" from the drop down menu, and if it is a mpeg2 file then choose "mpeg2/svcd VBR", then click "run" this will make a copy of your mpeg file with the headers attached to the file so you can burn it to disk...

Question - Problems with TMPG 2.56 and Windows 2000 No.24058
Bremer,Sven  2002-06-27 20:46:25 ( ID:q7eesjkxjvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The new TMPG dosent work with Windows 2000 SP2 correctly, the problem is when you encode an AVI File to VCD, the Audio source Stream where not put to the Audio source !
If you select the Auio Source in Single there comes an Error Message "The Audio Source is unknown or not suportet"

Can you help me or is there an problem in the Software

Minion  2002-06-27 21:56:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem probably isn"t with tmpgenc the problem is probably that the audio format in your avi file is not supported in tmpgenc ,you have to extract the audio to a wav file with "virtual dub" and use that as your audio source file, but if the audio in your avi file is "AC3" then you will need a AC3 decoder...

Question - Stutter on the video No.24055
POD  2002-06-27 20:42:28 ( ID:ilellxynfm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded a 3 minute pop video to High Quality PAL MPEG-2, cropped, sharperned, de-inerlaced etc...

However, I now want to conver the file to NTSC, to send to an American friend, so all I am doing is taking the file and converting it to NTSC.

My problem is the finished file has a repetative stutter where it slows for a moment, every second. The picture and sound seem to stay in sync, but the file has this constant stammer.

Is there a process or option I need to select to cure this?

ASHY  2002-06-27 21:08:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It happens because you have changed the framerate.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-06 16:48:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So here we are again. Do you not know what will happen if you do as you suggest?
To think this advice is coming from somebody who is so keen on research, well it is obvious you haven't researched in this aspect.

You cannot convert a 25 fps movie to 30 fps without artifacts when using the 3:2 pulldown checkbox.

I have posted the method to achieve this on a few occasions and it is not a simple matter of adding 3:2 pulldown.

ASHY

Question - How to get subtitles from DVD files No.24053
George  2002-06-27 20:28:03 ( ID:mpolrml5t46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, everybody!

Could anybody advice me, how to get subtitles from a DVD rip into TMPGEnc (to be seen directly on the screen, not to be managed by SVCD system)? Some say the FlaskMPEG can handle subtitles when IFO file opened. I tried to open IFO file with FlaskMPEG with no result. The FlaskMPEG site does not give any suitable information.

I know this is only a "half" relative to TMPGEnc, but can somebody help me?

TIA George

ASHY  2002-06-27 21:13:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you would have to frameserve the file from virtual dub and use it's subtitle filters.
Create a d2v file, use the vfapi converter to change the d2v file into a dummy AVI and open it in Virtualdub. Extract the subs from the DVD using one of the many progs available on the net and convert them to a format that virtual dub can use then frameserve the AVI with the subs to TMPG.

ASHY

Question - Can you convert Caption and movie? No.24051
John  2002-06-27 18:04:10 ( ID:m4mpdoui/nh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you convert Caption (SMI) and
Movie file(AVI)?
then which program i need to use?
please~

Kisoo Lim  2002-08-20 02:44:29 ( ID:swlckd6hvao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can use 'multicon.exe' which is multi-script converter. You can find it by searching yahoo.com by typing 'multi script converter'.

It's simple ms-dos program. You can see how it works. Just place multicon.exe and anything.smi at the same directory.

Then you can have anything.ssa for virtualdub use to combine script and video.

Good luck.

Kisoo

Question - Stutter on the video No.24049
POD  2002-06-27 18:00:04 ( ID:z.m5bpadjb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded a 3 minute pop video to High Quality PAL MPEG-2, cropped, sharperned, de-inerlaced etc...

However, I now want to conver the file to NTSC, to send to an American friend, so all I am doing is taking the file and converting it to NTSC.

My problem is the finished file has a repetative stutter where it slows for a moment, every second. The picture and sound seem to stay in sync, but the file has this constant stammer.

Is there a process or option I need to select to cure this?

Minion  2002-06-27 21:52:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not encode a PAL avi movie to a NTSC mpeg with out getting that jerkey playback, you have to change the frame rate of the avi then use a audio editing program like cool edit to stretch or shrink the audio file cuz the avi file length will change after changeing the frame rate,It is a fairly complicated procedure if you have never done it before..

Bug report - XP closes 2.56.39.143 when De-interlace is selected No.24044
POD  2002-06-27 17:54:20 ( ID:z.m5bpadjb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have captured a PAL video using Pinnacle DV500 Plus, 14.8GB uncompressed. I am now trying to MPEG-2 @ 6000k the file, to burn to DVD. However, when I try to engage the De-interlace option in the advanced setting, it thinks about it for a moment, then wants to send an error report to Microsoft, as it does, then TMPGenc closes.

I'm sorry, I can't try it with anything else at the moment, as this file fills my drive and I need to encode it before I can do anything else.

But the previous version did not do this with other files, as I had a go of the de-interlace option when I was playing with it last week.

Hataian  2002-06-27 17:56:13 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do it without deinterlacing,or open it in Virtualdub,add the deinterlace
filter there and then frameserve it to Virtualdub.

POD  2002-06-27 20:56:18 ( ID:ilellxynfm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I work on it in TMPGenc, then try to open it in VirtualDub, it gives me a syncronisation error, and doesn't open.

Minion  2002-06-27 22:15:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t use "de-interlace" with PAL movies, pal movies are "progressive" so there is no interlace, you are probably getting the error cuz you can not de-interlace and file that isn"t interlaced, so forget about useing this setting...

ASHY  2002-06-28 11:04:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually Minion you are right and wrong in a way.
Pal movies are indeed interlaced. It's just that they differ from NTSC and you don't get the interlaceing artifacts assciated with NTSC because there is no 3:2 pulldown added to the movie.
It is the 3:2 pulldown which causes the horrible interlacing artifacts when we try to convert a movie not the actual interlacing itself due to the extra fields which are added. 3:2 pulldown basically overlays 1 frame on three fields at regular intervals.

But you are absolutely right that in most cases there is no reason to de-interlace a PAL source as there are usually no interlacing artifacts because no extra fields are added to the movie because these movies have what is called 2:2 pulldown which is basically 1 frame overlayed on two fields and. There are rare PAL movies which do have a what is called a 24:1 pulldown added.
Thes movies overlay 1 frame on three fields evey 12 frames and are notorioulsly difficult to de-interlace.
Basically all pulldown does is add extra frames to turn a 24 fps movie into either 25 fps PAL or 29.97 fps NTSC by repeating certain fields.

In any case the original problem sounds more like a there is a fault with the file not TMPG.

ASHY

Question - P3PACKAGE No.24042
Dan  2002-06-27 17:48:28 ( ID:gv6pi9eprr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I try ti encode withe I get the message cannot load p3package.dll. Can anyone help.
Thank you

Hataian  2002-06-27 17:57:02 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search the forum for p3package.

Bug report - massive memory leakage with multithread? No.24041
Khilith  2002-06-27 15:56:36 ( ID:ojizds1jjz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using TMPGEnc 2.56 Free with an ABIT VP6 (dual 850 P-III Coppermine)
768MB SDRAM ; a single IDE UDMA100 hard drive.

I've configured TMPGEnc for multithread on 2 processors, and trying
to encode an MPEG2 movie (I have m2v.vfp from somewhere I can't remember).

For a little while everything is going smoothly and Task Manager shows
both CPUs pegged at 100%. But sooner or later, the hard drive starts
thrashing and my disk led stays constantly on.

Task manager at this point shows very little CPU usage, very little memory
usage, and the system is basically idle with TMPGEnc using only 5-10% CPU
every so often. So here I am with my hard drive massively swapping/thrashing
but no CPU utilization. TMPGEnc is showing ~54MB memory used, and the total
memory in Task Manager isn't showing even past the half-way point graph.

Any ideas here? I'm going to try turning off multithread next time and see
how that goes...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.