TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 557 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Help, templates for SVCD(XSVCD), VCD Farmer 0 2002-05-27 11:39:43
Question Index of scan line out of range Eric 1 2002-05-27 19:13:41
Question How can i improve picture quality.? GuNnz 6 2002-05-28 03:48:29
Question convert divx to mpeg charlene 5 2002-05-28 02:11:15
Question missing video from converting AVI to MPEG LoGicaLJz 3 2002-05-27 22:07:34
Question Slow Slick506 4 2002-05-27 18:57:43
Question Video - 6:50. Audio - 7:00. MPG... 7:05?! punistation 2 2002-05-27 22:37:51
Question Having Audio Encoding Problems... dtox 2 2002-05-27 22:45:34
Free talk MINION - THE GREATEST!!! Moses 2 2002-05-27 17:06:28
Question Will TMPGEnc rip soundtracks from video cd's Rob 11 2002-05-28 15:22:17
Request Really useful filter! Magic 6 2002-05-28 15:28:12
Question Fixing damaged files Magic 0 2002-05-26 23:54:55

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 557 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Help, templates for SVCD(XSVCD), VCD No.22018
Farmer  2002-05-27 11:39:43 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, all.
I have vhs and dv videos, and i want to convert it to mpeg2 (TMPG) through IE1394. Could you send me, if you have, your templates for SVCD(XSVCD) on my
email: farmer@lenta.ru
Thanks to ASHY and Minion for very good forum.
From Russia with love.Farmer

Question - Index of scan line out of range No.22016
Eric  2002-05-27 10:52:29 ( ID:6spp2x9jrvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anybody know how to fix the problem ?
It happened at 46% of converting adivx movie to a mpeg file

ASHY  2002-05-27 19:13:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try Avi defreezer on the AVI file.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avidefreezer.html
If that doesn't work try frameserving the file from Virtualdub to TMPG or create another AVI with Virtualdub.

Another option is to use AVIutil.
http://www.fpscentral.hu/download/software/aviutl97f.zip Open the AVI with AVIutil then see if the file will play in AVIutil at the point it normally freezes, if it plays ok then choose the option to create a project file and load that into TMPG.

ASHY

Question - How can i improve picture quality.? No.22009
GuNnz  2002-05-27 08:42:52 ( ID:mow3tya8z62 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there..
when i convert to vcd from avi..the quality of the vcd is the same as avi file..is there any settings that i can change on the tmp encoder.to give me better quality on vcd?..

GuNnz  2002-05-27 09:14:47 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or maybe a link where i can read it myself?

Minion  2002-05-27 10:14:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you not only want the quality to be the same as the avi, you want it to be better than the avi?I don"t know if your are just inexperienced, but the quality of the mpeg you make useing the standard vcd template will not give you as good quality as the avi you are encodeing unless the quality of the avi is really bad,Mpeg is not a format used to make movies look better,so the quality of the mpeg is directly related to the quality of the avi file and the quality of the encoder...The more bitrate that is used the closer the quality of your mpeg file will be to the "avi" file..right now I am encodeing a svcd with a max bitrate of 8000kbs and a minimum of 2000kbs,and i get as close to the original dvd as possible but I can still tell the differance.And the vcd template is 1150kbs, so I"m encodeing with a bitrate up to 6 times higher than the vcd standard and still it won"t be exactly the same quality as the original..so the one thing that will give you better quality is raise the bitrate, if you are doing vcd"s a bitrate of 1650kbs will give you much better quality and get you about 60 minutes per cd.....

Magic  2002-05-27 23:12:01 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I never thought I would see the day when I could make a point to Minion... but it *is* possible for an MPG to look better than the original AVI. I just did it myself! :-)

Remember the target here is VCD, which suggests playback on a DVD machine. Many DVD systems have "block noise reduction" and other tricks built into them which mean you can actually get away with lower bitrates than on a PC where Media Player is probably used and it just displays the MPEG raw.

You can use the colour correction features in TMPGEnc to optimise the colours for your TV if the AVI has a bit too much contrast for example, and if you notice a lot of dithering in your AVI file try using the Noise Reduction filter too, as that can smooth out the noise.

In fairness to Minion he is absolutely right about the bitrates and resolutions - if you have a "perfect" AVI file at a high resolution don't even try to get close to it with VCD, if the bitrate and resolution limitations of VCD don't hit you then the chances are the physical ability of your DVD player will. Many DVD players can play SVCD but the drive simply isnt fast enough to read the data from the CD.

You could also try the trick I suggested in another post - stretch your VCD movie so you end up with an out-of-proportion movie, then use the picture settings on your TV to squish it back giving you better vertical resolution.

GuNnz  2002-05-28 00:23:58 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion & Magic for your speedy and honest replys:)
It is much appreciated Fellas:)
To answer Mnions Question on me being inexperienced..Yes im very nOOby at this..ive only being doin this for 3days now.and im finding it alot of fun..and in them 3days ive done a TOTAL of 6VCD Movies sucessfully.and thats not including the 2 VCD's i screwed up..hehehe.So i hope that gives u an idea of wot u r dealing with..:(..MuuAhaAhAaaaaa..

Magic..thanks for your input on my situation too dude..:)

ill reply l8ter to tell you guys how it went..
ok bi for now..thanks again:)

Dont Hate The Playa Hate The Game..GuNnz<dWh>.

GuNnz  2002-05-28 00:46:31 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it takes me 2hours to encode avi2mpeg is this along time /??.my system is..
AMD ATHLON 1.8Ghz..512bmRam.WinXP.60GigHD.7400rmps.

Minion  2002-05-28 03:48:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No that is very quick it takes me like 6 hours to do 1 hour of mpeg, but your cpu is 3 times faster than mine.....

Question - convert divx to mpeg No.22003
charlene  2002-05-27 08:02:45 ( ID:kduznyhdhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert to mpeg, but i need to change the bitrate of my mpg file. However, I don't know how to!! please help!, thanks

Minion  2002-05-27 08:36:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying you want to raise the bitrate in "tmpgenc" for encodeing??To do this you have to load the "unlock.mfc" template from the extra folder...this will unlock ALL the settings so make sure every thing is the way you want it, go over every setting because when you load the unlock.mfc template all the settings can change....

charlene  2002-05-27 18:20:01 ( ID:kduznyhdhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I want to do is make the file smaller. Right now it's 400mb and i'm trying to cut that in half. My friend told me to use tmpgenc to change the bitrate... i'm not sure if that means to lower it or raise it. What settings am i supposed to check for? thank you!

ASHY  2002-05-27 22:27:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know why you want to make it smaller, but if you do lower the bitrate you will also lower the quality and if you are lowering it lower than the standard bitrate for VCD it will look terrible.

Any way this is what you need to look for...

Open TMPG, load the standard VCD template by clicking the load button then click the load button again and this time look in the folder called extra.
Click the file called unlock.mcf then click the setting button at the bottom right, click the video tab and where it says 'Rate control mode' choose CBR from the drop down menu then underneath change the bitrate to a lower value.
The lower you choose the smaller the file size and lower quality the movie.

Next click the 'system' tab and change the stream type to 'MPEG-1 Video cd(non standard)'
Now encode.

ASHY

Magic  2002-05-27 23:16:14 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a quick note.... please don't fall for the trap of thinking that raising the bitrate so the file gets larger than 400Mb will improve the quality - it won't. MPEG is a "lossy" compression format which means that to get the file down to that size you destroy some of the information. That information can't then be retrieved (although you can use special software to attempt to clean up the picture).

ASHY  2002-05-28 02:11:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you read the question it states that the original file is DIVX and want's to halve the size from 400mb to a 200mb MPEG.

Which obviously means that the bitrate will need to be lowered thus creating a lower quality movie as I don't think that there is an encoder in the world which can create better or similar quality looking MPEGs with a smaller file size than the original AVI.
Also the Mpeg would indeed have to be larger than 400mb to acheive anywhere near the same quality as the AVI as MPEG files are always larger than the original AVI.

ASHY

Question - missing video from converting AVI to MPEG No.21999
LoGicaLJz  2002-05-27 05:35:41 ( ID:bvgmnsq6wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi. i am using the newest version so far and i have had the same problem with all the versions. when ever i try to convert AVI file to MPEG file, it seems to convert the audio file perfectly but cannot get the video to work. i cannot see anything but can heard the audio. this happened in every single version that came out and tried with different AVI files. cannot seem to get it work. also, when i try some other format like ASF, it works very well. both audio and video works. i do not know what is wrong with it. is it my computer that does it or does it do the same to everyone? or do i need to configurate something? please reply to this as soon as possible. thank you

Minion  2002-05-27 06:20:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to have all the proper audio codecs on your machine, and your avi files have to have the correct audio format, many avi files have "mp3 vbr" or "ac3" audio which "tmpgenc" wont encode..A good rule to go by is to extract the audio to a wav file from all your avi files before encodeing, "tmpgenc" seems to encode "wav" format the best...or you don"t really need to use "tmpgenc" to encode the audio, I use "db power amp" ,it can extract audio and convert it to "mp2" which you can then "multiplex" with you mpeg file that has no audio......

LoGicaLJz  2002-05-27 15:32:41 ( ID:bvgmnsq6wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i do not understand what you are trying to say. it is my video that i have problem with. not the audio. the sound comes out perfectly fine. it is the VIDEO. there isn't any picture coming out.

Minion  2002-05-27 22:07:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory I was reading someone elses question and answered yours instead, your problem could be a video codec problem, make sure you have all the divx codecs, and make sure your direct show filter is at high enough priority...sory about the mix up...

Question - Slow No.21994
Slick506  2002-05-27 05:14:43 ( ID:zs4kjnw4fb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm running a Pentium4 1.5GH machine with 768 MB ram and 1.2 gig page file and WinXP. When encoding .avi to .mpg with TMPEG, I cannot use any other program on my PC. Is there something in XP that might be causing this? It is taking approximately 15 hours to encode a 60-70 minute movie using all the default settings with all other background apps turned off. I have read here that this is much too long. My Norton Utilities indicates 100% CPU usage, 500+ MB free memory and 10% page file usage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to speed the process up and use my PC for other things?

Thanks in advance.

Slick

Minion  2002-05-27 06:13:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually that is quite common and usually ,depending on your configuration can take even longer.."tmpgenc" is designed to suck up every bit if juice your computer can come up with.."tmpgenc" is written in a very slow language called "Delphi" which is easier to write than "C++" but a little out of date..on my "pentium 3 800mhz 384mb 100gb-hd" it takes about 16 hours to do a 1.5 hour movie, this is one of the reasons that I use a different encoder for mpeg2....the only thing I can think of that can speed up the encodeing a bit is to not use any color filters, set the "motion precition search" to very fast, turn of all applications includeing your screen saver, and de-fragment your hard drive once in a while...other than that there isn"t much you can do ..

Slick506  2002-05-27 06:27:55 ( ID:zs4kjnw4fb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info?. However, does changing the motion precision to fast degrade the quality of the movie?

Minion  2002-05-27 10:21:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heveing the "motion precition" on fast does give you slightly less quality but I have tried it and I couldn"t really tell the differance so I usually use the "normal" setting because there is no differance between normal and really damn slow..any encoder that gives you any type of good quality will take up all your system resources, the encoder I use sucks up 100% but at least it is 5 times faster than tmpgenc ,but it costs 40 times as much....

ASHY  2002-05-27 18:57:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is far too slow for your machine.
I have a P4 1.7 which can encode a 2hr movie in 21/2 hrs.
Make sure motion search precision is set to normal and ensure you are not doing a 2 pass encode or using any filters.
Also make sure the MMX and SSE optimizations are enabled in the enviroment settings.

If I were you I would download another copy of TMPG and try that, because you should have no problem using other apps while encoding. I never do and I didn't even have a problem on my old P3 500 with 128mb.

ASHY

Question - Video - 6:50. Audio - 7:00. MPG... 7:05?! No.21991
punistation  Home )  2002-05-27 05:07:20 ( ID:6spp2x9jrvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's quite a simple problem, really...

Video track: 6:50

Audio Track: 7:00

So why, when TMPGEnc is finished encoding, doe the MPG last for exactly 7 minutes, 5 seconds? It doesn't make sense!

Can anyone help?

Kisses XXOOXX
Jen

Minion  2002-05-27 06:03:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of "avi" file are you encodeing? did you capture it with a capture card?Please leave some information on your file and what you are trying to do so we can assist you in fixing your problem.......

ASHY  2002-05-27 22:37:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly is the problem?
Is it out of sync or something or are you just asking simply out of curiosity?

ASHY

Question - Having Audio Encoding Problems... No.21988
dtox  2002-05-27 04:37:15 ( ID:mccq8atl72l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

for some reason it wont encode audio, or even play it back in the audio edit mode.. anyone have any suggestions?

Minion  2002-05-27 06:00:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that after you are finnished encodeing you have video but no audio?this can be caused by a bunch of things, the most common is that the audio in your source file is not compatible with "tmpgenc"..so what you should do is extract the audio from your "avi" file to a "wav" file and encode the wav file, and multiplex it with the mpeg video you allready have .. or if you allready got rid of your mpeg file, just encode your avi file with the extracted "wav" file as your audio source...but your audio might be "ac3" so if it is ac3 you will need an "ac3" decoder to extract the audio to wav......

PS: you should try an external audio encoder like "toolame" or"scmpx" they have better quality ,they work with "tmpgenc" as an external tool and have less problems.

ASHY  2002-05-27 22:45:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load up your AVI in Virtualdub and click File>file information if it says 'Unknown format' under the audio stream properties then this is your problem.
If this is the case then at a guess I would say the audio is an Ac3 stream which TMPG won't recognize.
You will have to extract the AC3 from the AVI to a WAV using another program.
Post back with info about the file and if it's AC3 I will give u instructions to solve the problem.

ASHY

Free talk - MINION - THE GREATEST!!! No.21985
Moses  Home )  2002-05-27 04:18:01 ( ID:kyeran/uvfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion is the greatest and smartest!!! He fixes problems and is also fast, reliable, nice, and works hard. Good job man!

Mach  2002-05-27 13:59:04 ( ID:6km/5ykrcv. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion is exceptional. Several tips from him have been extremely helpful! Elvis is cool too!

Moses  Home )  2002-05-27 17:06:28 ( ID:kyeran/uvfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah maybe, still MINION RULEZ!!! HE fixed my problem in less than a day. It works great Minion, Thx!

Question - Will TMPGEnc rip soundtracks from video cd's No.21973
Rob  2002-05-27 03:28:19 ( ID:n1.eksqent2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if it doesnt then what program does.

Minion  2002-05-27 04:19:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NO,To rip a sound track from a vcd you would have to first get the vcd on your hard drive, then convert the "dat" file to mpeg and then extract the audio from there with a audio encoder or de-multiplex the file and use the "mp2"file....or you could hook up your dvd players audio out into your line in on your sound card and record it to your computer....but it seems like a lot of trouble to me but there might be a program that will do it but I don"t know of one....

Elvis  2002-05-27 13:20:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, just simply go to FILE>MPEGTOOLS and click the 'simple demultiplex' tab.
Load your .dat file from your VCD into the input box, clear the 'Video' Field after you have loaded your .dat file. Choose an output for the audio then click run. After TMPGenc is finished you will be left with an Mp2 file.
This file will play in practically any media player and can be converted to a wav if you wish.

Glad 2 help.

Elvis  2002-05-27 13:48:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or, you can use virtualdub. Just load your .dat into virtualdub, go to the 'Audio' option and click full processing mode then click compression and choose what format you wish to save the file in then click File>Save WAV... and give the file an extension of the format you chose. This will produce an audio file in your chosen format.

Minion  2002-05-27 22:27:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is wierd cuz When i try to load "dat" files into "virtua dub" I can"t i have to re-name them to mpeg or convert them to mpeg, and tmpgenc" wont take the dat file either unless i re-name it or convert it to mpeg..but i guess all systems have there bugs......

Elvis  2002-05-27 22:54:29 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to sort your system mate.
TMPGenc will open any .dat file, just use the *all files* option.
Virtual dub even has .dat files listed as one of it's supported types.

Elvis  2002-05-27 22:58:04 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you are using a different program than myself.
You seem to be using a program called 'Virtua dub' the one I use is called 'Virtual dub'

Magic  2002-05-27 23:29:45 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can rip audio from VCD, try this...

File menu - MPEG Tools...

Pick "De-multiplex"

Click "Browse"
In the file window that opens, change the option at the bottom from "MPEG stream" to "All Files"
Find the MPEGAV folder on your VCD, and click on the file you want.

You should now see 3 (or more) streams, a padding stream, the video and the audio. Just double click on the Audio stream and choose where you want to save it, then sit back and relax.

You'll probably find you get an MP2 file which you can easily convert to WAV should you need to - I find WinAmp does this very well.

Elvis  2002-05-28 01:09:02 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why repeat almost exactly what I have already said buddy??? Seems pointless to me.

Minion  2002-05-28 03:54:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you all basicly repeated me accept for the converting the dat to mpeg...but who cares this isn"t a contest...

Elvis  2002-05-28 13:30:42 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think so mate. You just stated that it wasn't possible to rip the audio using TMPG and that you would have to faff around converting to MPEG and copy to the hardrive first and use another audio encoder.
That's not what I said or what Magic said, but like you say it's not a competition is it, cos i don't think there are any prizes on this board for answering as many posts as you possibly can before anyone else can is there 'Minion'.

Magic  2002-05-28 15:22:17 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had an old page in my cache mate - didn't see your reply until after I posted mine... D'oh! Sorry! :-)

Request - Really useful filter! No.21966
Magic  2002-05-26 23:58:38 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There's an audio fade filter but it would be great if there was a picture fade for fade-to-black to go with it. Any chance of one being added?

Elvis  2002-05-27 13:51:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGenc is an mpeg encoder not an mpeg editor, there are other programs designed for this.

John  2002-05-27 16:08:47 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know it's not an MPEG editor but a fade-to-black is very simple to do, and it
would save using an external editor to do so. It already does audio fades which
makes it more than an MPEG encoder... so a fade down/up to black for vision would
not really be out of place either. Anyway, here's hoping...

Magic  2002-05-27 22:53:04 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah ok, but it's already got..

Frame rate conversion
Inverse Telecine conversion
Ghost Reduction
Noise Reduction
Colour Correction
Picture sharpening
De-Interlacing
Frame Clipping
3:2 Pulldown

Not to mention the anti-aliasing feature to reduce block noise.

I think the lack of a "Fade-To-Black" when you have these sorts of useful features at your disposal is more of an oversight! Sure I could go buy an MPEG editor, but what's the point? TMPGEnc does everything I need bar that one very simplistic but useful feature.

Elvis  2002-05-27 23:06:33 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm yes and maybe if Mr. Hori has got time he could also incorporate something which would do my ironing or maybe my washing...Ooh and I could do with a ground to air yogurt maker, that would be nice.
I don't know what this guy Mr. Hori is doing, but fancy creating such a useless program.
.....Some people are never happy with what they have got!
Comprende'

John  2002-05-28 14:26:17 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> Some people are never happy with what they have got!

We are more than happy with TMPGEnc, but does that mean we cannot request newer
useful features? We're not *demanding* it FFS; just requesting. :)

BTW, anyone know if the author of TMPGEnc read these BBS posts?

Magic  2002-05-28 15:28:12 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not demanding... I'm assertively suggesting... ;-)

Question - Fixing damaged files No.21965
Magic  2002-05-26 23:54:55 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded an MPEG file and it's damaged about 40 minutes into the film. I tried re-mux but the sound then goes out of sync by about 3 secs after the damaged part, Is there any way to repair it or reconstuct it?

What I've done is split the file just before and just after the damaged part, then re-merge them and this works ok but obviously I get a shotr jump in the film which I don't really want,

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.