TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 561 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question No video when converting DIVX to VCD (MPG1) d 0 2002-05-24 22:21:48
Question how to get widescreen poits 0 2002-05-24 21:36:40
Question how to get widescreen poits 1 2002-05-26 23:28:59
Question problem theheaddoctor47 1 2002-05-24 22:01:03
Question 16:9 anamorph? sascha 5 2002-05-26 14:19:49
Question No sound at encoding (DiVX).avi to MPEG ?! Mike 2 2002-05-24 21:49:36
Question CQ or VBR for mpeg-1 MannaZen1 2 2002-05-24 23:26:20
Question Help !!! dohc 9 2002-05-26 18:25:50
Question Audio Sync Problem Brisbane 4 2002-05-25 19:31:24
Question Scenarist quality MannaZen1 2 2002-05-26 14:29:25
Question tmpg enc 2.54a stuart 1 2002-05-24 21:36:11
Question Audio/Video Synchronisation Stinj 1 2002-05-25 09:15:33

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 561 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - No video when converting DIVX to VCD (MPG1) No.21865
d  2002-05-24 22:21:48 ( ID:kqmshcvwzyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert an .avi (DIVX) file into VCD, there is sound but no video. I used virtualdub to convert the sound in the original .avi. The file i'm trying to convert to VCD plays fine in WMP. Why no video on the conversion?

Question - how to get widescreen No.21864
poits  2002-05-24 21:36:40 ( ID:efcacd.iphh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I successfully made a rounders vcd, but unfortunately it ended up full screen for some reason, so the video was stretched, how do i make it so it is a widescreen version, like the way its supposed to be?

Question - how to get widescreen No.21862
poits  2002-05-24 21:34:31 ( ID:efcacd.iphh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I successfully made a rounders vcd, but unfortunately it ended up full screen for some reason, so the video was stretched, how do i make it so it is a widescreen version, like the way its supposed to be?

adv_h67  2002-05-26 23:28:59 ( ID:qelq1kvs20l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot. You must reencode or see it on a 16:9 TV like the anamorphic DVDs.

Question - problem No.21860
theheaddoctor47  2002-05-24 21:22:58 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my encoding stoped at 23 percent and tmpg said illegal floating decimal point calculation order.what does that mean how can i fix the problem because now i have to restart from all over.

Minion  2002-05-24 22:01:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This means that your avi file is corrupted or has some corrupted frames in it, most movies downloaded off the net have some sort of errors in them..to get rid of the error first go to your "advanced settings" then to "cpu" then un-check the "use SSE" then go to the "quantize matrix" tab and "un-check" the "use floating point" box and this should stop the error, but you can get this error if you do anything with your computer while encodeing accept encode.....

Question - 16:9 anamorph? No.21854
sascha  2002-05-24 20:27:57 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
can someone tell me what settings are required to encode a 16:9 movie into anamorph? or are there always the black stripes on top and bottom? i want my 16:9 tv to stretch it to the sides, not to delete the stripes for better quality. whats the difference between "aspect ratio" and "source aspect ratio"? and what effects does a change at "video arrange method" have? i'm asking because my english isn't that good and i didn't find any instruction booklet.
if someone told me where i can find that (perfect would be in german) that would be very nice.
thanx
sascha

Minion  2002-05-24 21:56:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can cut the black strips off with the "clip frame "option in the "advanced settings" .But it seems to stretch the movie so poeple look taller...the "source aspect ratio" is the aspect ratio of the avi file you are encodeing, it is set automaticly when you load in your file to "tmpgenc" so don"t change it..The "video arange method" sets the way the movie will look in the frame, the best one to use is "fullscreen(keep aspect ratio)"...if you get the "plus" version there in a manual on the program in there......

M.Bastian  2002-05-24 23:12:48 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know of no standalone player that will recognize anamorph encoded (S)VCD streams. Either you can force your TV Set to 16:9 or you see coneheads. DVD compilant streams should work(no guarantee since I never tested it cause of the lack of an DVD burner)
There might be some more to do for an anamorph stream but you sure have to unlock your template and set the output format from 4:3 to 16:9

sascha  2002-05-25 11:01:02 ( ID:hyuh2mwngq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx for the answers, just wanna know if i understood it right:
if i got a 16:9 source, tmpgenc will automaticly change "aspect ratio" to 16:9 625 lines (pal), then i choose the same at "source aspect ratio" and get a movie with the stripes which i can delete with "clip frame". then it should be 4:3 and my tv can stretch it to the sides for original size (i know it can, i question the result)? right?
but what means "video arrange method"?
thats my last question, really! (-:
sascha

M.Bastian  2002-05-25 12:18:14 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is from memory so If someone sees an error please correct it.

To make an anamorphic stream do the following:

Load the approviate template and then unlock it(with loading extra/unlock.mcf).
Under Video change Aspect Ratio to 16:9

If your source is also anamorphic: Go to advanced and set source aspect ratio to 16:9 Display and Video arrange method to Full screen (keep aspect ratio)

If your source is 4:3 with black bars: Select source aspect ratio 4:3 Display and Video arrange method Center (custom size). Edit the Y axis of the clipping area until you get rid of the bars(I always let an 8 pixels black border around cause my standalone player 'oversizes' the stream)

And ... it cant be said to often. Make some 1 minute samples and see if all is ok. Noting is more frustrating to waste 10+ hours encoding time.

Elvis  2002-05-26 14:19:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wouldn't choose custom size just leave it at full screen(keep aspect ratio) and then clip the black bars out or you may end up with the wrong aspect ratio.

Question - No sound at encoding (DiVX).avi to MPEG ?! No.21851
Mike  2002-05-24 18:47:31 ( ID:ju/em6rkexk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy ... maybe someone has the answer to this question ...
I encoded (with TMPGenc) a (DiVX) .avi file to MPEG1 (VCD) ... but when I play the MPEG1 file .. there is no sound !! What did I do wrong ?? Or is it not possible ??

Thank you for taking the time answering my question ! ;)
Greetz.

Bryan Archambeault  Home )  2002-05-24 19:16:24 ( ID:rpqp.colyul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the exact same problem. I have a DivX encoded movie, I use TMPGEnc to convert it to MPG, it works great, but it has no sound. I've tried playing the MPG in both Windows Media Player and WinDVD...

Minion  2002-05-24 21:49:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your "divx" probably has a in-compatible audio format.. you have to extract the audio with "virtua dub" and convert it to "wav" then use that as your audio source, but if your audio is "ac3" you will need a "ac3 decoder" to extract the audio and convert it to wav......

Question - CQ or VBR for mpeg-1 No.21848
MannaZen1  Home )  2002-05-24 18:26:40 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been trying to encode avi to vcd/mpeg-1 and was wondering which is more compatible and plays through without jerks CQ or VBR. I have checked through the posts and haven't found all the info i need, yet.

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-24 22:09:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "vcd standard" does not support any of those settings..The "vcd standard" only supports "CBR"..but the encodeing method doesn"t seem to have anything to do with the "jerking" effect..you have to make sure that your avi has the same frame rate as the "mpeg" file, this is a major cause of that "jerky" effect..but besides that some movies just have that look and there isn"t much you can do about it accept try a different dvd player or encoder, this is one of the reasons that i don"t use tmpgenc for mpeg2 encodeing.....

M.Bastian  2002-05-24 23:26:20 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Next to all players will accept VBR encoded VCD streams. I settled with 600/1350/1750 2Pass VBR VCDs an I yet have to encounter an player that chokes on that.
Since 2Pass VBR takes ages even on my dual box im inclined to try around with CQ since Ashy mentioned in some former thread that with the right settings the quality/compression is close enough to 2pass but alot faster.

All jerkyness that I encountered so far was either introduced by wrong settings or an poor encoding source.
Since there are so many diffrent reasons for jerkyness we need a bit more information how and where that happens.(eg. fast camera turns or at the end/in still scenes)
Double check that you dont have encoded an NTSC source to PAL aso.
Use the source range to select some seconds of an typical 'jerky scene' and try around with some settings.

Question - Help !!! No.21838
dohc  2002-05-24 18:23:28 ( ID:dkyiaiptquo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was able to convert the file from avi to mpg with picture, but when i burn it to a cd i used nero to make a video cd. It played on my PC's dvd player but wont play in my regular dvd player. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix this? TIA

Tien_Avenger  2002-05-24 18:49:04 ( ID:m3tztpafvjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sup,
yeah i've noticed this problem too and tryin to correct it. i think it has something to do with if you disable the normal vcd compliance option before you burn the disc. that's the problem in my case cause i gotta edit audio some how. here's a temp solution: buy a new DVD player, go for an APEX or that new sony that kinda looks like a silver playstation 2. i'd give you the model number but....so lazy...

hope this helps...prob didnt but hell it's my first posting

"Trying is the first step to failing"
-Homer Jay. Simpson

Minion  2002-05-24 21:46:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first you have to make sure that your dvd player not only plays vcd"s but it has to play "cd-r" or "cd-rw"..a lot of poeple buy there dvd player so they can play there home made vcd"s on them then come to realize that there dvd player only plays "store bought" vcd"s, so make sure it plays "cd-r", and some players wont play vcd"s unless they are totally compliant, or a little out of compliance ...

usmc  2002-05-25 02:32:38 ( ID:dn6ahldavar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to know if your DVD player can read CD-Rs or CD-RWs then go to www.vcdhelp.com and click on the dvd players option on the right side of the screen. Then just search for your player.

dohc  2002-05-25 06:26:45 ( ID:dkyiaiptquo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I make a real VCD then?? the player I have says it plays a few cdr & cdrw...

Minion  2002-05-25 07:53:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A standard compliant vcd can be made useing the regular "vcd template", but if you have allready done that then something else is wrong you could tell us how you encoded your vcd and the firmat and specs of your source file.....

dohc  2002-05-25 19:22:51 ( ID:dkyiaiptquo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did everything from the vcdhelp page."http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm" if I have an AVI itÃÔ kinda the same as Divx right?? I just used Nero to burn it. I think itÃÔ my DVD player cuz from that page it says my player only plays certain cdr/cdrw. So I take that if it works in my DVD player on my PC using Power DVD that means I made it correctly??

Tien-Avenger  2002-05-25 22:46:05 ( ID:a/39xujikqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well...not really
i've noticed that computer DVD players and DVD software on computers play just damn near everything. u could really really really screw up on a vcd and it'll be all good on your computer. i've made vcds that only play on my system and apex

Elvis  2002-05-26 14:25:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd say there is a 99% chance that you have just burned the movie as a data file using Nero.
You have to choose the VCD option when you burn in Nero and as far as playing on your PC goes, PC's will play practically anything so you can't use this as indicator that you have done it right. DVD players aren't as forgiving as PC's.

dohc  2002-05-26 18:25:50 ( ID:dkyiaiptquo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did it in both ways burning it as an Image as what is says from the vcdhelp.com and also using the wizard and picking video cd. I think i'm just gonna go try it on a differnt dvd player to see if it works. When you put a VCD in your PC what's the file name for it?? .vcd???

Question - Audio Sync Problem No.21833
Brisbane  2002-05-24 18:11:14 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I play my VCD's encoded with TMPGEnc on the DVD player and the film starts with audio in sync, but by the end of the CD is about 2 or 3 secs out of sync. This is very annoying and makes the film unbearable to watch. I have tried encoding using separate audio wav and video avi files but this doesn't help. Any ideas how to stop this occuring. I am using TMPGEnc V2.54.

It would be good if I could fix this - Many Thanks......

Tien_Avenger  2002-05-24 18:58:34 ( ID:m3tztpafvjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've had the same problem and sent an email to one of the forum gods. when i try out his advice i'll forward the e-mail to ya. just hold tight. and i know how u feel...one of my rips came out 10 SECONDS OUTTA SYNC!!!

"Hey they got the internet on computers now???"
-Homer J Simpson

Minion  2002-05-25 09:24:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your audio starts in sync but goes out of sync as the movie progresses then you got a bigger problem than simple sync problem.. It means that your audio file is either longer or shorter than your video file, (this shouldn"t happen with a ripped dvd), so what you have to do is get a good audio editing program like "cool edit" and either shrink or stretch your audio file to match your video, you first find out exactly how long the video portion of your file is then use cool edit to make the audio the same length, it can do this without increasing the pitch of the audio,........good luck

Tien-Avenger  2002-05-25 09:50:16 ( ID:a/39xujikqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey minion about your solution here. dont you have to locate the exact moment the audio goes outta sync and then strech it from there?

Brisbane  2002-05-25 19:31:24 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

OK - I have Cool Edit but does anyone know how to perform this operation or perhaps know of a site with a tutorial. Can you do the same with Virtual Dub?

Question - Scenarist quality No.21830
MannaZen1  Home )  2002-05-24 17:19:24 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,
What is your opinion on the quality of scenarist as opposed to tmpgenc. Given the cost of the first software, I would expect the quality to be superb. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for any info

Minion  2002-05-24 21:41:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I actually have a copy of "scenerest" but it isn"t compatible with my system..I have never seen a movie done by "scenerest" so I couldn"t tell you what I think of it, from what I hear it is supposed to be the best, the big studios use it like "Universal" and "MGM" but it costs a fortune i hear.. but I don"t know enough about it to make an informed opinion....

Elvis  2002-05-26 14:29:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I am aware Scenarist is NOT an encoder, but is a DVD authoring program and TMPG is not an authoring program, so how can you compare when they are two different types of software?

Question - tmpg enc 2.54a No.21828
stuart  2002-05-24 15:50:23 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Downloaded tmpg enc 2.54a but can't open it it says file doesn't begin with %pdf what does that mean?

Minion  2002-05-24 21:36:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know what it means but go and download it again, sometimes there are errors in the zip file while downloading, so just download it again till it works.

Question - Audio/Video Synchronisation No.21826
Stinj  2002-05-24 14:45:28 ( ID:ifa.16vmu4l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio and video are not correctly synchronised after multiplexing.
What can I do?

Minion  2002-05-25 09:15:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try untill you get it right, or you can try the "multiplex" option in "bbmpeg" it is a good multiplexor(better than "tmpgenc) and you can set the output file size so you can use it as a splitter, and you can off set the audio or video to get the file in sync.....it is a freeware program but it takes a bit to figure out.....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.