TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 568 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Newbie Has Yet Another Question Jules 2 2002-05-19 23:02:19
Question unsupported GrmReaper37 1 2002-05-19 22:19:35
Question How to burn XSVCD with Nero Jules 6 2002-05-20 21:59:10
Question Ashy plz help again. orthadox 19 2002-05-20 23:21:14
Question illegal floating decimal point calculation order Ark 1 2002-05-19 22:15:16
Question Audio carlolop 1 2002-05-19 22:11:19
Question XSVCD vs SVCD Jules 3 2002-06-04 15:41:23
Question MR ADEY 2 2002-05-20 18:45:06
Question xp problems Cyces 1 2002-05-19 17:46:38
Question How to convert svcd to vcd zcool 1 2002-05-19 22:13:41
Question svcd and re-encode problem plz help orthadox 2 2002-05-19 19:32:14
Question Split the mpeg to 2 cdr's RickF 2 2002-05-19 22:47:23

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 568 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Newbie Has Yet Another Question No.21629
Jules  2002-05-19 21:39:10 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to burn 60 min on a template given to me by Ashy...and the only way I have found to make this work is by reducing the max bitrate to 2000 and the min to 1400...but it seems thats alot to be lowered for an extra 10 min. Is there something else I should be doing to avoid this, other than using 3 cd's for a 120min movie? My end result is 731,318 and Nero is 749,318.

Another question is I am thinking of upgrading to the newest version of tmpgenc..can I just install it right over 2.53?

P.s. Thanks for answering all my stupid questions.

Jules

Minion  2002-05-19 22:24:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should be able to get about "798mb" on a 80min 700mb disk,and you can install a new version and just get rid of the old one or use them both..

ASHY  2002-05-19 23:02:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Jules, I take it we are talking about SVCD here.
You will find it very difficult to fit a 2hr movie on to 2 cd's with any acceptable quality when encoding to SVCD.
It is possible, but you will need to reduce the min bitrate to about 1500 as you have done. It isn't necessary to reduce the max bitrate quite so much.
3000-3500 should do it, but lower the quality slider to 60 and the audio bitrtate to 128.

You would be better advised to encode to MPEG1 VCD and up the bitrate to 1600kb/s or use the vcd template I have sent you and reduce the quality slider slightly to say 80 and the maximum bitrate to 3000.
If you reduce the audio bitrate to 128kb/s you could up the video bitrate another 100kb/s.

ASHY

Question - unsupported No.21627
GrmReaper37  2002-05-19 21:35:46 ( ID:axlkbiwp/go )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried to convert an avi file but when i click browse to insert the file in the fields, it says, "can not open, or unsupported". what does this mean, what do i have to do?

Minion  2002-05-19 22:19:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the "search" on the top of this screen and type in "unsupported" and a few posts down there will be a answer.....

Question - How to burn XSVCD with Nero No.21620
Jules  2002-05-19 20:25:08 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do I pick in nero...vcd or svcd or something else? Do I have to turn off the compliant or something?

Thanks
Jules

Jules  2002-05-19 21:20:28 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,

I thought xsvcd where supposed to be 704x480 but in the templates you sent me it is 480 x 480...is it better quality to go to 704x480...because I end up having to crop to make it full screen..if that makes any difference?
Because as it is now I am using a template with CQ but it is 480x480..and I do not have any trouble burning it to svcd using nero without having to uncheck compatability...is this the correct way of doing it or is it just bringing it back to svcd and not xsvcd.

Jules

ASHY  2002-05-19 21:51:50 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who says it should be 704x480? and if it you did want to make it bigger it would have to be 720x480

XSVCD or XVCD is just the name for a non standard SVCD or VCD and doesn't necessarily have any set specifications.

Standard SVCD requires certain constraints and needs to comply to certain requirements to be called a SVCD. The only thing that the template has in common with the SVCD specs is the resolution.

Also what do you mean you are having to crop to make it full screen?
This you shouldn't do, just encode your movie and it will become full screen in your DVD player or your software DVD player on your PC such as WinDVD.

480x480 is the correct size for SVCD or XSVCD. It is possible to make it larger, but you will hardly notice a difference. The extra bitrate required would make the file size unecessarily larger and it may not play correctly on your player.

After encoding just burn in Nero as a normal SVCD.

ASHY

Jules  2002-05-19 21:57:33 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you mean from letterbox it will become full screen without the black if I do not crop?

Jules

ASHY  2002-05-19 23:13:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now I understand. You had me thinking you were changing the dimensions of the output not just cropping out the black bars.

Jules that is fine if you want to crop the image, you can even set your frame size to 720x480 so it makes it a little easier to see the result, but just make sure you change it back to 480x480 when you have finished.
By becoming full screen , my meaning was that the 480x480 will be stretched back to normal screen size by your player.

Do not rely on Media player to give correct aspect ratio sizes where SVCD is concerned.
Media player is known for showing incorrect aspect ratio's when viewing SVCD's. To see how it will truly look you need a software DVD player such as WinDVD or one of the free downloadable DVD players.

ASHY

IRCGOD  2002-05-20 21:52:31 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the resolution can be Pal - Audio 44.1kHz / 224 kbit/sec 720x576 @ 25 fps NTSC - 720x480 @ 23.976 or 29.97 fps for XVCD and Audio 44.1 kHz / 32-384 kbit/sec Pal 720x576 @ 25 fps or NTSC 720x480 @ 23.976 or 29.97 fps for XSVCD... the real question to ask yourself if you want to use these resolutions or use the standard Pal Resolution 352x288 @ 25 fps NTSC Resolution 352x240 @ 23.976 VCD or 29.97 fps Pal 480x576 @ 25 fps NTSC 480x480 @ 23.976 or 29.97 fps for SVCD... the choice should come from the original resolution of the movie... if it is low use vcd resolution... if it is medium use the svcd resolution.... if it is very high use the xvcd or xsvcd resolution size.....x(s)vcd is nothing more that a non-compliant (s)vcd... some players will play them...and some won't...xvcd has the most options available...with many resolutions...the only important factor is to remember that it is necessary to choose a resolution that is supported by your encode method...if you choose pal you cannot use a ntsc resolution...that is the only true rule that must be followed... happy encoding

Minion  2002-05-20 21:59:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

makeing a svcd or xsvcd with a resolution bigger than 480 by 480 most likely will not play on most dvd players, most xsvcd"s are the same as svcd but just have a higher bitrate.......

Question - Ashy plz help again. No.21600
orthadox  2002-05-19 20:10:10 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there, wonder if you can help me again. its still the svcd 29.xxx re-encode problem. Below is the original setting the dvd was ripped with..

source.......: dvd retail
format.......: ntsc svcd (480x480, 29.97fps)
video: 2211kbit 4-Pass VBR
audio: 224kbits 44.1khz

Ok basially what i want to do is keep it svcd, but make the screen size bigger.
Ive been trying what you told me to do earlier (using a sample) and i nearly got it, but the audio is always out of sync.

TIA

ASHY  2002-05-19 22:12:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

4 Pass!! That is overkill. After a 3 pass you will get NO difference.
How are you achieving this 4 pass? You are not using TMPGenc for this.

How did you mange to multiplex the original audio if you only had a sample?
Did use TMPG to cut a small part of the original SVCD then encode that and then multiplex the audio with that file?

My advice to you is to encode the whole movie, just the video not the audio.
When you have encoded the video part then take your old SVCD and de-multiplex the audio from it.
Multiplex the audio with your new file. If it doesn't sync up, I will then advise you further with instructions how to sync the audio with the movie.

ASHY

orthadox  2002-05-19 22:49:15 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The film im trying to get sorted is
SVCD-2002-The Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Rings TCF

not sure if that helps you any but thats the way they ripped the film

orthadox  2002-05-19 22:51:41 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just wondering what template should i be using to encode just the video part ?

Thx again

orthadox  2002-05-19 23:02:00 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok im it by just loading this setting

SUPERVIDEOCD__NTSC_.MCF

id prefare to try and get it into pal and 25fps, but i bet thats even tougher :(

orthadox  2002-05-19 23:11:14 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Me again, ok i took the sample and encoded just the video at this setting

MPEG-2 480x480 29.97fps CBR 2520kbps

i picked the setting above because to be honest im not sure which templete to load.

I also de-multiplexed the audio from the original sample, then tyed to multiplex the new m2v file with the audio file. result was audio not synced, you can see the lip movements b4 hearing the sound.

Thx again.
PS.. sorry to be such a pain, but this is bugging me now. and i want to get it right.

ASHY  2002-05-19 23:55:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok now we have established that there is a definite audio delay we can deal with the problem.
I'm going to give you instructions on the way I sync all my movies perfectly.
I have never had a movie I cannot sync yet.

Ok follow these steps.

1. Load the new movie without the audio in to TMPG and load the Mp2 file as the audio.

2. Goto File>Output to file and choose 'wave file'. Choose where you want to save and then click save. This will create a wav file from your audio.

3. Next load the standard VCD template (I know it's SVCD) then 'unlock' it and select video only on the right.

4. Now go to File>save project and save it.

5. Next you will need the VFAPI coverter to turn this project file into an AVI, so download it from here http://www.divx-digest.com/software/vfapi.html.
Unzip the file and run vifpset.bat.

6. Now run the VFAPI converter, click add job and load your TMPG project file.
Click ok on the box which pops up then click convert. You will now have an AVI in the same folder as the project file.

7. Download Virtualdub and run it. Load your AVI you created then click audio and choose 'wav audio' then load your wav file.

8. This is where we find out how much offset we need to add to sync the movie.
Click audio again then click 'interleaving'. Here you will see a box titled 'Audio skew correction'.

In this box you can type in values of millisecs. If your audio is behind in the movie then to sync it you need to reduce the delay by entering a negative value such as -200 or if it's ahead then you need to add a delay, so add a positive value such as 200.
Once you have choosen a skew setting then maximize the VirtualDUB window to full screen and click the first play button, bottom left, to see the result.

This is all trial and error, but doing it this way you will be able to find out the exact value you need to sync the movie.

9. Once you have found the required skew setting which syncs the movie, write it down and post back with it and I will give you further instructions how to use that value to sync your MPEG.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-20 00:01:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Click this link for the VFAPI converter. There is a very small dot at the end of the link which is causing it to cockup.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/vfapi.html

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-20 00:18:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way you didn't answer my question.
How are you acheiving a 4 pass encode?

ASHY

orthadox  2002-05-20 00:29:15 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, thx for the quick replys. ok ive went right through your instructions, but when i get to playing the files back through virtualdub. the whole thing is very jumpy and its hard to match the audio to the picture. might i have some setting wrong? i see the picture just fine but it like jumps frames.

orthadox  2002-05-20 00:31:29 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didnt encode the film to start with. Its a svcd release from a group who got there hands on the dvd, of which i got the svcd release, which im trying to convert/ or re-encode.

ASHY  2002-05-20 01:09:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it's jumpy then it probably means your CPU isn't powerful enough to handle it. You could try clicking on the display window and reducing it by half. This will help, but will make it difficult to see.

If that doesn't work then the next step is to sync the sudio as we would have done after using virtualdub, but your gonna have to guess.

The easiest way to do this is to take your new movie and add the audio to it then using the Merge&Cut feature cut about 5mins of it from a suitable position where people are static and you can see lips moving clearly.

Once you have done this de-multiplex this small file.
Now download BBMPEG: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2mpg2.html
This is a guide on how to multiplex with BBMPEG.
Guide how to multiplex with BBMPEG: http://www.spawns.dk/svcd/bbmpeg.htm

You are going to use BBMPEGS A/V delay feature when mutiplexing to sync your movie.

Look at the instructions on how to multiplex and look at instruction 5.
At the bottom of the picture you will see a row boxes titled 'start up delay(ms)'
Using the 'Video' and 'Audio 1' boxes it is possible to add a delay to either.
Just add an extra 100ms in steps to either the audio or video depending on which needs delaying and then multiplex.
If you want a good starting value try adding an extra 220ms to the delay then increase or decrease it as required.

Now load up your test file as it says in the instructions and use that as a guide for syncing your movie. Once you have found suitable values to sync your movie you can then use them on your full movie.

Note: it isn't necessary to check the SVCD option as this will add SVCD headers making the process slower, you will only need to do this for the final full movie, just choose MPEG2 for now.
Also be careful to check before you start the mutiplex that the values in the delay boxes haven't changed as they have a habit of reverting back to normal when you click one of the option tabs.

ASHY

orthadox  2002-05-20 19:50:20 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx again, m8 i think i got it sorted out now sync seems fine.

Now i need to find a program that joins avi files for a diff film :)

IRCGOD  2002-05-20 21:33:12 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wow....ashy...thats crazy... ok ... I have a much easier way of syncing the audio with the video.....first of all I just play the movie and see if the sync is a gradual build-up----i.e. synced in the beginning but not at end....that one is harder...requires stretching or shrinking the audio...the second and most common is where the movie is out of sync for the duration of the movie...the words always comes before the lips or vice-versa....in tmpgenc in the sorce range setting...even if not going to have a source range...i.e whole movie will be encoded...not cut up...anyway...in this screen is an option for audio gap correct...and is adjusted by using a positive or negative number represented in milli-seconds....adjust this setting to match sync your audio....then start the encode...again this is also trial and error...once you ge all the settings correct just encode the entire movie.... happy syncing

IRCGOD  2002-05-20 21:59:26 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

according to the original question encoding it this way will not increase the size whatsoever...so yuo will have the same size as original with a lot of time wasted....480X480...the quality cannot be any better than what it originally is...and if you encode to a higher resolution...you will have to encode to higher bitrate to compensate for more bits being used...by highering the bitrate you will have larger files.....so it is not really necessary to change the resolution....now if it is that it has black bars on top,bottom,left, or right...then what you want to use is the clip frame option...clip frame and rresolution are 2 totally different things.... happy encoding

orthadox  2002-05-20 22:50:08 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, still not sorted, and im getting very lost. The sync seems fine at the start but at the end of the film its way out of sync. I think i'll just forget about this 1, wish i could get it right but i think its beat me :(

orthadox  2002-05-20 22:55:16 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To start with the original film was encoded in 29.xxx so i simply thought i could re-encode it back at ntsc which is 29.xxx but its way out of sync.If there wasa way i could get a copy of the sample to some1 to try, but thats asking too much. If you want to try and explain it more then sweet.
The original is 29.xxx. what template should i use in TMPGEnc to get the closest match.and is it maybe possible to use cool edit pro to sync the m2v and the mp2 files?

TIA

ASHY  2002-05-20 23:13:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes IRCGOD Iam WELL aware of the source range function which has the audio gap correct function.
This feature is useless unless you intend to re-encode your movie and I can promise you it isn't easier unless you like re-encoding your movies over and over again.

With the method I use it isn't necessary to re-encode the whole movie again and who would want to.
Why waste a few hours re-encoding the movie when the problem can be sorted in a fraction of the time without re-encoding.

Also you can never guarantee the output with the audio gap correct feature, sure you can do a small test encode, but that doesn't mean it will still be in sync all the way through to the end of the movie.

Correcting the A/V sync when multiplexing is the fastest way to do it and only takes a few minutes. If it isn't synced after mutiplexing you only have to try again and not re-encode your whole movie.

I think you will learn this time.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-20 23:14:09 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I meant I think you will learn this in time.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-20 23:21:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the lengths of the audio and video files separately?
If the are different then this could be the reason for the sync prob.
It is possible to sort this with cooledit.

ASHY

Question - illegal floating decimal point calculation order No.21598
Ark  2002-05-19 19:57:54 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i was converting a divx file to mpg using 2pass vbr, and every time it gets to 50% and starts to actually encode, it stops and shows "illegal floating decimal point calculation order". i tried another video and got the same results.

Minion  2002-05-19 22:15:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This happens when your divx file is partialy corrupted,what you have to do to avoid this error is to go to your "enviromental settings" then to the "cpu" tab and un-check the "sse" box then go to your "settings" then to "quantize matrix" and un-check the "use floating point dct". then this error souldn"t come up...

Question - Audio No.21596
carlolop  2002-05-19 17:54:32 ( ID:zizn1grj7jf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have one film in divx with the audio in the same file video is compresed with divx codec and audio is 153 Kbps MPEG Layer3 when i try with tmpgenc to have a SVCD o VCD file i get it WHITOUT AUDIO I don¡­t know way but if I try with another film in divx that video is compresed with MS-MPEG$ V1 and audio is 31kbps I get the VCD or SVCD file whith audio. Thankyou for your coperation

Minion  2002-05-19 22:11:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you have to do is extract the audio with "virtua dub" and convert it to "wav" then load that in "tmpgenc" for the audio source..As a general rule it is usualy best for quality and to avoid problems to extract the audio to wav and then encode....

Question - XSVCD vs SVCD No.21592
Jules  2002-05-19 17:04:41 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same questions as the gentlemen before me had but his was with XVCD.
I guess that XSVCD is better than just SVCD..but how do I know my dvd can play them...it plays SVCD fine. As well does anyone have any templates out there for XSVCD. How high can the bitrate go on SVCD and XSVCD...are the files smaller in XSVCD. Also I wonder if anyone knows why the output after encoding the people seem to be a bit blurred (not much) but it needs to be more (detailed or sharp or something...etc). How can I accomplish this?

Excuse me if I seem a bit dumb on the matter as I have been doing alot of reading about Tmpgenc and I find alot contradictory things...like the "motion search precision" is supposed to be set to normal and not high quality because version 2.53 produces more blockiness on high than normal...is this true?

Thanks much
Jules

ASHY  2002-05-19 17:38:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I know which site you read that about the 'motion search precision' Jules and I have done my own testing and can conclude it's a load of c..p.
The high quality setting only gives a slight improvment and a slightly smaller file size when using VBR.
I always use normal as I can't really see much difference in the tests I have done and for the time it takes to encode I don't think it's worth it.

I'm not sure what you mean by blurred as encoding to SVCD should give quite a high res picture. Do you mean interlacing artifacts such as a combing effect on fast moving verticals?

Anyway you asked for some templates and whether you player would play XSVCD. The answer is probably yes, so try the XSVCD and XVCD templates I have sent you to improve your movies. I have sent these to quite a few people now and have had good feedback from most people about them.
So give 'em a shot and see what you think.

ASHY

Jules  2002-05-19 18:13:09 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks alot for the templates...
The blurred pictures are in general...I used the "no motion search..." option and I do not like what it does to the rest of the movie so I am testing now on not using it ...have to still watch it.
But is XSVCD better quality...the template I have been using for SVCD I have been using CQ max 4000 min 1800. With XSVCD how much higher does this go...and how many minutes can you get on 1Cd from your templates?

thanks
Jules

Gerrit  2002-06-04 15:41:23 ( ID:a8in.m18baa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Ashy

Would you be so kind to send me the templates for SVCD and XVCD as I have also some trouble with pixels and blurring in fast moving scenes.

thanks in advance
Gerrit

Question - MR No.21589
ADEY  2002-05-19 16:58:45 ( ID:hdy/pgzln0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the latest version of TMPGenc and have been producing vcd's successfully for some time now.However, I've just made my first SVCD and although the quality is excellent,I am having trouble with the merge and cut option.When Itry to edit the file I get an error saying "Could not open this file with DerectShow.(0x80040200).Do I need another plugin? I have been able to to cut the file using bbmepg, but would like to keep all actions in the one program. HELP PLEASE!!!

ASHY  2002-05-19 17:47:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The simple answer is you probably need some kind of MPEG2 codec installed on your system to open the file.
Yes I know it's daft that TMPG can't open it's own MPEG2 files, but TMPG only has support for creating and not opening MPEG2 files.

Here is a link for an MPEG2 codec which should help you out.
http://www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

ASHY

ADEY  2002-05-20 18:45:06 ( ID:mkjh2ljyg3w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply,but I had already found the answer elsewhere in the forum (answered by you anyway I think!) Sorry for wasting your time. I will certainly be using this forum again. YOU GUYS ARE KICKASS. Very enlightening!!!!

Question - xp problems No.21587
Cyces  2002-05-19 16:27:03 ( ID:brqsoarkrjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It crashes every time I open the video.. Anything I might be doing wrong??
thank.. Cyces

Unset  2002-05-19 17:46:38 ( ID:/ltlglwfcqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you're having the same problem I have. It has to do with an audio codec that you have to install. I think minion or ashy can give you better advice.

Question - How to convert svcd to vcd No.21585
zcool  2002-05-19 16:20:00 ( ID:/2hramgvypm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How to convert svcd to vcd so I can play it on my dvd player.thanks in advace

ed  2002-05-19 22:13:41 ( ID:w4o5n98l51. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go here http://www.vcdhelp.com/mpeg2tovcd.htm i just tried this and it didnt work for me but im not very knowledgeable either

Question - svcd and re-encode problem plz help No.21582
orthadox  2002-05-19 16:16:37 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok i have a DVDrip svcd ntsc 29.xxxfps. what im looking to do is to re-encode it so i can make the screen height slightly bigger. Ive tryed using the sample of the film first and loading it into tmpgenc with a standard svcd ntsc setting, then using the advanced part to resize the film, it all works fine, but the audio is out of sync. is there a different way that i can do this? or is tmpgenc ok and ive just got settings wrong?
Plz help.
Thx

ASHY  2002-05-19 17:55:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the simple thing I can tell you is that it is only necessary to encode the video part of the film not the audio.

Set up TMPG to encode the movie then choose the video only option on the right.

After encoding go to the MPEGtools and place your new movie into the video field of the 'simple multiplex' option and place your old movie which has the audio in the audio field.
Look where it says 'Type' and choose the MPEG-2 SVCD(VBR) option then just click run and your movie will combined with the sound from the original movie.

ASHY

orthadox  2002-05-19 19:32:14 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx Ashy, works a treat. you really are an encode god :)

Question - Split the mpeg to 2 cdr's No.21579
RickF  2002-05-19 15:00:26 ( ID:ez6ru0p4vyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can't figure how I split the mpeg into 2 files to burn it? Can anyone help of give suggestions?

tzgui  2002-05-19 19:37:47 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Split the file into two piece with a file splitter tool.Search at
http://www.google.com for "file splitting tool".

Minion  2002-05-19 22:47:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the "merge & cut" feature in the "mpeg tools".....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.