TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 579 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question codecs ed 1 2002-05-13 04:51:59
Question encoding ed 3 2002-05-13 10:08:05
Question DVD to VCD using TMPGenc Jhonny M 3 2002-05-13 04:55:58
Question error when converting divx avi to mpeg2 djb52 1 2002-05-14 00:20:26
Question Need to put a 24 min mpeg onto a cd MoNoXiDe 4 2002-05-13 13:52:46
Question Problem with VCD playback speed Alex 3 2002-05-13 19:27:20
Question MPEG Error Unset 1 2002-05-13 02:00:49
Question Can i encode avi (divxmpg4) to mpeg? supernesh 2 2002-05-13 10:00:54
Question Mr kkyin 3 2002-05-13 03:14:40
Question Mr Brian 4 2002-05-14 00:44:25
Question Computer Lockup (Freeze) jdagreek 0 2002-05-12 23:04:40
Question Please Help!!"Cannot load P3Package.dll" I'm ready to start, And I keep getting this!! Please Help!! spiralout 1 2002-05-13 00:32:29

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 579 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - codecs No.21165
ed  2002-05-13 04:44:26 ( ID:w4o5n98l51. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1 is nandub v1.orc2

Minion  2002-05-13 04:51:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

nandub isn"t a codec it is a program for encodeing files to divx format,have you downloaded any divx codecs?if not do it ,......

Question - encoding No.21161
ed  2002-05-13 04:04:46 ( ID:w4o5n98l51. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have some of the movies i downloaded that work fine with media player. when i use tmpg or virtua i have no picture. is there anway to convert these so they can be encoded for a vcd? thanx ive learned alot today already but i have a long way to go!

Minion  2002-05-13 04:32:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

make sure you have the proper codecs installed on your machine because media player uses external codecs, post back with the specs of your avi file.......

Minion  2002-05-13 04:47:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And another thing movies downloaded off the net at places like "kaaza" are full of errors because the limited bandwidth and the way that files are split up in to pieces so that you can download them faster.I used to try to encode movies that I downloaded but I decided to do it right and get a dvd-rom,because 3/4 of the files i downloaded would crash the system or I would get encodeing errors..you should put your avi file in "virtua dub" and scan the stream for errors to see if the file is corrupted,media player will play corrupted files so don"t use that as a medium for thinking the file is fine...

Magic  2002-05-13 10:08:05 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I speak for quite a few people when I say if I could get my hands on the DVD's I wouldn't bother searching Kazaa trying to find the movies I want to watch, however beggers can't be choosers!

What you are saying about the files not downloading is however not correct. The problem is not with Kazaa but with the original files people are sharing. These are often poorly encoded, or even worse are pieced together from bits of other downloads that they only partially completed but couldn't be bothered to wait to complete.

If the errors with the files were being caused by Kazaa then it would be totally useless for sharing any types of software because a single instruction wrong could cause most simply not to install.

Question - DVD to VCD using TMPGenc No.21157
Jhonny M  2002-05-13 03:50:37 ( ID:lpciktrp7gg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi all.
the problem i have is that when i open a wav file as the audio source in TMPGenc, it tells me this file type is not supported!
i'm quite sure it is indeed a wav file, since i created it using DVD2AVI.
any ideas?
thanks.

Minion  2002-05-13 04:29:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try raising the "wav" file reader in the "vfapi plugins". dvd2avi also makes mpeg audio if the source is mpeg audio.......

Jhonny M  2002-05-13 04:40:39 ( ID:lpciktrp7gg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks, but, nah - didn't work.
when i open the wav file with winamp it says - "waveform-audio file has no FMT chunk". do you know what might that mean?
thanks again.

Minion  2002-05-13 04:55:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know what it means but it probably is the reason for your problems, go back to dvd2avi and get the audio again, there might have been a problem when you were extracting the "wav" file...or you can try to load it in a audio encoder like "db power amp" and encode the wav to wav, basicly make a copy...

Question - error when converting divx avi to mpeg2 No.21155
djb52  2002-05-13 03:17:59 ( ID:ovz5atd5/cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay, so i'm converting a divx avi to a mpeg2 (svcd). At random points while encoding, the encode will stop, and give me the error: "Read error occurred at address 00481F19 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 8002E38E." Of course, the addresses change, but the message is always the same. It happens at random parts of the encode, but usually not too far in, the farthest i've ever gotten was 11% done (but it's crashed at 4,5,6, and everything else in between really). I am relatively new to TMPGEnc, but i've been following tutorials on vcdhelp.com for all my actions. I extracted the audio from the avi to a wav file, so that shouldn't be the problem. My hardware shouldn't be the problem either, as far as i can tell, i'm running a 1.9ghz p4, 512mb ram, geforce1 ddr vid card, plenty of hard drive space, etc. Please let me know if you need me to provide any more info. Anyway, i'd just like to find out how to fix this problem, so that i can use TMPGEnc to make a good encode of this divx file. By the way, after getting this message, i hit ok, and of course the encode has been stopped. I then close out of the program. What has been done of the encode is still around though in the location i specified, and i've always checked this and the video works fine, and the audio is there and is just fine as well. Oh, and also i have both divx 3.whatever and divx 4 codecs installed (no divx 5 though, admittedly). Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

djb52  2002-05-14 00:20:26 ( ID:ovz5atd5/cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

bump

Question - Need to put a 24 min mpeg onto a cd No.21150
MoNoXiDe  2002-05-13 02:32:28 ( ID:xvivcfkpgxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey

MoNoXiDe  2002-05-13 02:33:34 ( ID:xvivcfkpgxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,i d/l tmg so i could convert my 24 avi to a mpeg.Ok,i did that.But i still cant drag it to nero and put it on a cd so i can play it on my cheap 80 $ dvd player.Help plz

Minion  2002-05-13 03:06:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you need to tell us more info like the avi file specs,and what you are trying to do (eg)-vcd svcd, the settings you used in "tmpgenc" and the error that "nero" gives you when you try to drag the file in to burn....we can"t read minds....

Magic  2002-05-13 10:11:39 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I can read minds. ;-)

Actually I made this mistake myself the first time and I'm betting you did the same as me.

You need to actually make a "VideoCD" not just a CD with an MPG file on it. Nero isn't that great for VideoCD, I think VCDEasy is far better - I've had much more success with it!

Take a look at this page - it has both Nero and VCDEasy tutorials. I think you will agree VCDEasy is much easier for making VideoCD. It also has the bonus of being free! Great partner to TMPEnc.
http://www.vcdhelp.com/author.htm

ASHY  2002-05-13 13:52:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used both NERO and VCDeasy many times and don't know how you have arrived at both the conclusions that VCDeasy is both easier and better than NERO.

Nero IS one of the best programs out ther for VCD.
Just ask anyone in here who does regular VCD burning.

It all depends on your requirements.
As far as I'm concerned if you don't want to bother with chapter points then there is little point in using VCDeasy and to disagree with you, Nero is an easier program to use for VCD than VCDeasy (even though VCDeasy isn't that hard either).

There are more settings to take care of before a burn in VCDeasy than Nero requires.
Nero is simply drag, drop and write. No need for specifiying chapters or bin files and XML files or the like.

Also I think success with a program depends on the person that's using it and if you find NERO hard to use then I'd quit encoding now before it does get too complicated for you.

ASHY

Question - Problem with VCD playback speed No.21146
Alex  2002-05-13 02:07:36 ( ID:yu.2azquaaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

We have had a couple of problems. The first time we burned a VCD and tried to play it in our DVD player, it played in slow, choppy motion.

Now every time I try to run TMPEG and start it, it doesn't run smooth in the preview window. I have tried everything under deinterlacing header and nothing seems to work. Please help! Thanks. ALEX

P.S. The DVD is a NTSC non-interlaced video

Minion  2002-05-13 03:12:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It isnt supposed to run smooth in the preview window,it only shows one frame in 18,or 36,if it runs really chopy in your dvd player it doesn"t have to do with de-interlace.maybe you should post the method you used to encode like the bitrate,resolution frame rate and so forth.......

ASHY  2002-05-13 13:57:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean the DVD is NTSC non interlace video?

I doubt it's non interlaced as it would have to be to play in your DVD player.

How do you know it's non interlaced?

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-13 19:27:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I understand what you mean.
Are you saying the DVD is progressive frame and is encoded to 23.976 FILM.

ASHY

Question - MPEG Error No.21144
Unset  2002-05-13 01:42:14 ( ID:jhpy0epvjw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. Ever since I updated my computer to Win Xp, I can't convert movies. As soon as I click on browse, a error message pops up and then have to close. Can anyone help me??

Minion  2002-05-13 02:00:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What error message?There have been a lot of poeple complaining about compatibility issues with win xp..But I know that it does work for most poeple in xp...Do you still have your old opperateing system? try running dual operateing systems to try to get around the problem but I"m sure someone will have some sort of solution for you......good luck

Question - Can i encode avi (divxmpg4) to mpeg? No.21141
supernesh  2002-05-13 00:47:53 ( ID:o.upugr0mlo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how can i turn an avi file (divxmpg4) to a regular mpeg1/2?
i tried but i only got the video but no sound
what am i doing rong here?
do u know of some way i can encode avi(divxmp4) to mpeg1/2?

Minion  2002-05-13 01:09:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it seems that the audio format of your avi file is not supported by "tmpgenc".try extracting the audio and convert it to wav with "virtua dub" and use that as your audio source..but first find out wat the audio format is, if it is "ac3" you will have to convert it with a "ac3 decoder",but most other formats can be converted with "virtua dub"...

Magic  2002-05-13 10:00:54 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Yes you can, but you need to do a little more than just open the AVI with TMPGEnc. I've done this with about 10 movies now and it doesn't add much time to encoding process. Just follow the guide on this page!

http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm

Hope this helps!

Question - Mr No.21137
kkyin  2002-05-13 00:28:38 ( ID:aqdrqfgatla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can't load audio for Divx files.

It used to work before, but now I get a message when loading the divx file for the audio.
Here is the error message
File:"C: est.avi" can not open, or unsupported.

Thanks in advance.

Minion  2002-05-13 00:39:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you get the video in just not the audio? if it says is is unsupported that means it is unsupported,not all audio formats are supported in "tmpgenc".What format is the audio file? Try encodeing the audio to wav with a audio converting program,and if the audio is "ac3" you need a "ac3 decoder" to change the audio format....

kkyin  2002-05-13 02:54:07 ( ID:aqdrqfgatla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert divx to Mpeg. (So I loaded the .avi for the audio part as well as the video) I think the audio is just MP3.
I can do the conversion for the same file before, but after I reboot the computer today, TMPGEnc gives me that error message.

By the way, any program that can extract the audio track in a Divx file?

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-13 03:14:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the best program for extracting the audio from avi is "virtua dub" you can find it in the "tools" section at "www.vcdhelp.com

Question - Mr No.21132
Brian  2002-05-12 23:50:07 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try to open a mpeg2 file made in WinTV in TMPGnc Plus, i keep getting the message "can not open, or unsupported". I can open mpeg1 ok but not the other. If I try to go from the 'load' button I get the message "Illegal stream"

Any ideas

Brian

Minion  2002-05-13 00:35:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what usualy works is to "de-multiplx" the mpeg2 file and load the streams in seperately........

Brian  2002-05-13 12:12:53 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, I've tried this and still the same message. I can however get the audio to load this way but not the visual. Its as if the Tempeg doesn't recognise the mped2 format.

Regards
Brian

ASHY  2002-05-13 18:00:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your right TMPG doesn't recognize the MPEG2 format unless you have an MPEG2 codec installed.
Download Stinkys MPEG2 codec http://www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

ASHY

Brian  2002-05-14 00:44:25 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks that worked fine.

Regards
Brian

Question - Computer Lockup (Freeze) No.21131
jdagreek  2002-05-12 23:04:40 ( ID:7e6npeg19ww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPGenc Plus and other versions. I have had a few .avi files that play perfectly in their native format of .avi but when I try to encode them via TMPGEnc they lockup or freeze and it's not just the TMPGEnc program it's the entire computer.

My only guess is that it's been ripped via DIVX 5 ???

Any suggestions would help ... currently the only file I have that has this problem is a laserdisc rip of Lion King. Is there a way to determine what codec was used when creating the .avi file?

I tried using the antifreeze programs but they don't do anything.

jdagreek@revealed.net

Thanks,
John

Question - Please Help!!"Cannot load P3Package.dll" I'm ready to start, And I keep getting this!! Please Help!! No.21129
spiralout  2002-05-12 22:59:12 ( ID:iooaqrdq1ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have set everything correctly and I click the start button and I get a Cannot load P3Package.dll warning! The file is there, How do I correct this??
Please Respond!!!

Minion  2002-05-13 00:32:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go into your "tmpgenc" folder and copy and paste the "p3p package" into your "system" and "system32" folder this should get rid of the error...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.