TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 597 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question How do I split an mpeg produced which is > 700Mb ? Me 5 2002-05-03 11:56:01
Question encoded file stops for a fractional moment costabrava 2 2002-05-03 12:41:16
Question Cant convert SVCD's to VCD's!!!!!! jgraham95 3 2002-05-05 04:59:15
Free talk 4:2:2P@ML Pros and Cons Paul LA 1 2002-05-03 23:23:10
Question TMPG BURNING QUESTION henry jones 3 2002-05-03 14:48:33
Bug report Wrong avi size Locutus 0 2002-05-02 16:53:08
Question Opening vob files directly using TMPGEnc dc 2 2002-05-03 12:09:37
Question wont play on my vcd henry jones 2 2002-05-02 18:28:28
Question merging cutting? veloborg 0 2002-05-02 14:28:18
Free talk TmpgEnc NEW VERSION! 2.54a veloborg 2 2002-05-05 19:27:44
Question ATI Files KIM 6 2002-05-06 18:20:56
Question Aaron Aaron 1 2002-05-02 23:33:12

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 597 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - How do I split an mpeg produced which is > 700Mb ? No.20459
Me  2002-05-02 19:52:37 ( ID:weqq6oiuelr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is there any way to slit the mpeg produced ? if I convert an avi to mpg ans the reult is over 700Mb for example how do I split this down so that I can burn it onto 2 cd's.

Something like avi2vcd has an option to do this while converting but I can't find one in tmpgenc which is my preferred tool. Am I just missing the option or do I need some other iece of sotware & if so which ?

Thanks

Hekne  2002-05-02 20:22:53 ( ID:r2xc2vdefgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Mpeg-tools in the "File"-menu and click on "merge and cut". In the "type"-field you choose the type of convertion you have done. Usually "Mpeg1 VideoCd" if you're going to make a VCD. Next step is to load in your newconverted mpeg1-file, (just click add and choose the mpeg1-file.) Click on the added file once and then the edit-button. You now can split the movie in as many pieces as you like. (I prefer to use the range-time.) After your choosen your splits just push OK. If you have WinXP just ignore the errormessage that might pop up. Choose your outputlocation and click the RUN-button. Repeat the same procedure for as many splits as you want, but don't forget to change the name of the outputfile. (Sorry for my bad english)

Hekne

Minion  2002-05-02 23:16:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

by the way you can fit 800mb on a 700mb cd when burning vcd or svcd, so you might not have to split it.....

gbagman37  2002-05-03 06:17:44 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only Partly true, The Mpeg maybe say 775 MB, but the dat file burned on the CD is less than 700 MB. Usally this conversion is done at the beginning of the burn process or on the fly. Or with some burningsoftware you have to create a bin cue image file first

Minion  2002-05-03 11:32:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With "Nero" a 800mb mpeg file will go on one cd,as a data file I don"t know but why would anyone burn a mpeg as a data file?

Ashy  2002-05-03 11:56:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All 80min disks are caple of storing 800mb of RAW data.
MPEG is RAW data this is the reason why you can store the extra 100mb.
A normal data cd uses the extra 100mb for error correction bits this is why you can only store 700mb.
With MPEGs however, due to the fact that they are relatively error free and don't need this error correction, the extra bits can be used for more raw data.

ASHY

Question - encoded file stops for a fractional moment No.20456
costabrava  2002-05-02 19:46:25 ( ID:lo.ltjgdyn. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded about 15 AVIs to VCD...when playing them on my standalone DVD player they all stop every 2 seconds for just a fraction of a second, you can still watch the movie, but its annoying that its not smooth. Am I doing something wrong during the encoding process?

thanks for your help

Ashy  2002-05-03 00:13:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You've probably changed the framerate of the VCD from the the original.

ASHY

costabrava  2002-05-03 12:41:16 ( ID:lo.ltjgdyn. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks...

Question - Cant convert SVCD's to VCD's!!!!!! No.20452
jgraham95  2002-05-02 18:46:40 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i convert SVCD's to VCD's? i have the newest version of TMPGEnc but isnt helping!!! please help

Minion  2002-05-02 23:19:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can encode mpeg2 to mpeg 1 by just loading in the mpeg2 file and encodeing it to mpeg1, but sometimes mpeg2"s wont load in to "tmpgenc" so you have to de-multiplex the mpeg2 file and load in the audio and video seperately, this should work..........

Ashy  2002-05-03 00:11:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to install an MPEG2 codec.

ASHY

jgraham95  2002-05-05 04:59:15 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You need to install an MPEG2 codec.
>
>ASHY

Hi there! i downloaded a mpeg2 codec but i still have had no luck! and im not sure how do do nything! Id really apreciate it if u could help me sum more! thankyou

Free talk - 4:2:2P@ML Pros and Cons No.20450
Paul LA  2002-05-02 18:45:32 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When archiving Hi8 footage for posterity it makes sense to use a "future-proof" format with as little loss as possible. (DVD-RAM disks at $11 per 10GB allow saving even unedited footage at fairly high bitrates.)

According to specs, 4:2:2P@ML allows for higher quality than MP@ML (studio vs broadcast quality). But would the difference be noticeable on Hi8 source?

Here is a test I ran: AVI capture -> archive with 4:2:2P encode -> extract back to AVI (Huffyuv RGB) -> edit (Ulead MS Pro) -> "author" with MP@ML Encode -> view in WinDVD.

Both encoding steps were done with 2-pass VBR at 5-9 Mbs, 7Mbs nominal.

The results are very impressive. Casual viewing shows the final output to be virtually identical to MP@ML encoded directly from the captured AVI. Substituting MP@ML for the archive step "seems" to produce an inferior result but better testing is needed to confirm.

The bad news (partially due to my lack of experience at this): 4:2:2P@ML can not be processed by standard codecs. TMPGEnc can read it using the m2v VFAPI, but audio is dropped. Furthermore, TMPGEnc can not save AVI files larger than 2GB with any codec so the original captures need to be limited to ~2.5 minutes. On top of that, TMPGEnc does not get sync sound from the original capture unless I do an AVI to AVI translation first.

So this was my actual flow: AVI capture (ATI AIW board) -> Huffyuv RGB encode (Ulead) -> 4:2:2P archival encode -> extract video back to AVI (Huffyuv RGB) + extract audio to mp2 (TMPGEnc) -> merge audio and video to single AVI (Ulead) -> edit (Ulead) -> "author" with MP@ML Encode -> view (WinDVD).

The flow would be a simpler if 4:2:2P proves to be unecessary. (Any other suggestions for a simpler flow would be welcomed.)

I am NOT going to spend a fortune on MPEG 2 hardware accelerators only to find they also have compatibility issues and rapidly go obsolete.

My system: Win XP Pro, Asus P4S333 MB, P4-1.8GHz, 0.75GB PC2100 RAM, 320GB ATA Raid 0, NTFS, ATI Radeon AIW 8500DV video card.

Paul LA  2002-05-03 23:23:10 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I looked a lot more closely at VirtualDub and Avisynth. These can probably take care of the capture and AVI handling issues mentioned previously. (VirtualDub captures in Huffyuv format with no audio sync problems!)

So my main question remains centered around 4:2:2P@ML. Any opinions from people who have used it would be welcomed.

I guess the central question is whether any software based codecs exist which handle it well?

Question - TMPG BURNING QUESTION No.20446
henry jones  2002-05-02 18:31:41 ( ID:7ttyvjaxchr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don thanks for reply i will play the vcd on a friends dvd player that supports vcd . my dvd player was given to me used with no manual its a GE dvd player on front of dvd player it says spatializer, dts dolby digital, 3D surround sound. nothing else. i have a question using this TMPG enc i downloaded avi file movie panic room off kazaa , it encodedwith TMPG took about 4 hrs does this program burn also? when i put a cdr in my cd write while encoding nothing happened.it converts to mpeg correct? so i went to nero and burned it to a vcd it wont play on my pc cd rom nero encodes and writes also but you dont see a frame by frame thing like TMPG gives you. and with nero i dont even know if its converting to vcd. the only time it plays on my pc cd rom is when i burn it as data let me know whats the deal with this thanks

Minion  2002-05-03 00:41:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No "tmpgenc" doesn"t burn.And to find out what your dvd player will play go to www.vcdhelp.com .To play vcd"s on your computer you might need to get vcd playing software.don"t use nero to encode cuz it looks like crap.......

Ashy  2002-05-03 12:01:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree don't use NERO to encode it does look like crap, but don't confuse this with burning with NERO. Nero is still the best burning software out there.
Stick with TMPG for your encodes just make sure you choose a VCD template and then burn in NERO using the Video cd option.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-05-03 14:48:33 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/svcdtools/VCDEasy_v1.0.9_Setup.exe
This is the easyest VCD burning program I have seen and the quality rocks Just one note make sure you select your CDR burner in the settings before you start and check the write to CD box so it will automatically burn the VCD or SVCD for you! TMPGenc rocks!! 2.54a best yet that I have seen to bad it cant read concurent VOB's If it could I wouldnt need DVD2AVI. These are the tools I recomend to any one posibilites with these are unlimited.. Decryter 3.11(or smart ripper), DVD2AVI, Tmpgenc 2.54a, VCDEasy and for those stubborn Audio extractions Total recorder. System requirement are 400Mhz or better(fastest you can afford my 1.33Ghz does nice), 256MB RAM, Good burner ie. Plextor,Yamaha etc. I perfer Windows XP Professional (The Corporate version..hehe) paid for Professional but I prefer to use the Corporate version since it doesnt make you get a REG KEY its stabile as a rock and works with every thing I throw at it Except for some Dos based games Dual boot with Windows 98SE. Every one has their opinions so I know alot of you might not agree but I have almost no problems ever compared to any other system I have ever used! ~NewtronX

Bug report - Wrong avi size No.20445
Locutus  2002-05-02 16:53:08 ( ID:lctjdxsp7aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem if I use the TMPG Enc wizard.
At first I have split an avi file into two parts.
When I use the wizard to encode one of them, it shows me that the movie will use more than 300% on a 80min CD. And he shows that the movie-file has a size of 1,2 GB. But the file is only 300 MB. What is the problem ??
I don¡­t have this problem with any file.
What can I do to fix the problem?

Question - Opening vob files directly using TMPGEnc No.20442
dc  2002-05-02 15:20:10 ( ID:ht0kkymisnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A friend of mine is able to set the Input video (and audio) files of TMPGEnc to the VOB files from a DVD without requiring to build a d2v file (DVD2AVI).

I've tried everything I can think of including installing Nimo's codec pack, DivX3.11 and 4, setting VFAPI plugin priorities, etc. but I can't get TMPGEnc to frameserve directly from a VOB file. I get stopped by the dreaded "Can not open ... file unsupported" error message.

I'd really appreciate any assistance!!!

My friend's settings are as follows:
He has DivX 3.11 Alpha codec installed.
Environmental Settings:
General Tab: "Enable reading refferd format AVI..." checked for both.
CPU Tab: Enabled MMX, MMX2, SSE, Use multithreaded
VFAPI Plugin:
Priority 0:
AVI2(Open DML) File Reader, BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader, Wave File Reader, and TMPGEnc Project File Reader Beta 12h
Priority -1:
DirectShow Multimedia File Reader,
Priority -2:
AVI VFW Compatibility Reader

Minion  2002-05-02 23:12:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can feed vob files directly in "tmpgenc" but I wouldn"t recomend it cuz there is no way for you to pick which audio track you want or you might end up with subtitles or no audio at all cuz most vob"s have ac3 audio which "tmpgenc" can"t read.....

Ashy  2002-05-03 12:09:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is possible to open VOBs with TMPG directly, but I would recommend against it.

Reasons being:

1. TMPG will only encode the VOB you open and wont encode the rest in sequence as DVD2AVI does.

2. You wont be able to choose the audio track.

3. It is likely you will get A/V sync problems and other audio problems or no audio at all.

4. The encoding will be slower.

5. If you download the latest Smartripper 2.41, you wont have to create a .d2v as Smartripper already creates one in the ripping process.

Hope this clarifies things.

ASHY

Question - wont play on my vcd No.20439
henry jones  2002-05-02 15:06:56 ( ID:btjmp8rsmnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

after i encode avi movie file with tmpg and convert to mpeg i burn it with nero to vcd why wont it play on my dvd player it says no disc

VeloBorg  2002-05-02 16:15:42 ( ID:oiqutcgiync )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

unhappily, there could be a few reasons. try using VCDEasy to burn a
VCD 2.0 disk. burn a short .mpg so that your testing time will also be
short. Burn to a RW disk. It's slower, but it saves disks in testing.
check the front panel of your home DVD unit for the "VCD" lettering.
also, find the unit's manual so that you can make sure it supports VCD.
Also, download a freeware VCD player and test the disk on your computer.
If the burned disk plays as a VCD on your computer, but not on the home unit,
then you'll know it's the unit and not your burning procedure.
- Don

henry jones  2002-05-02 18:28:28 ( ID:7ttyvjaxchr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don thanks for reply i will play the vcd on a friends dvd player that supports vcd . my dvd player was given to me used with no manual its a GE dvd player on front of dvd player it says spatializer, dts dolby digital, 3D surround sound. nothing else. i have a question using this TMPG enc i downloaded avi file movie panic room off kazaa , it encodedwith TMPG took about 4 hrs does this program burn also? when i put a cdr in my cd write while encoding nothing happened.it converts to mpeg correct? so i went to nero and burned it to a vcd it wont play on my pc cd rom nero encodes and writes also but you dont see a frame by frame thing like TMPG gives you. and with nero i dont even know if its converting to vcd. the only time it plays on my pc cd rom is when i burn it as data let me know whats the deal with this thanks

Question - merging cutting? No.20438
veloborg  2002-05-02 14:28:18 ( ID:ilug02rkqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if I take two files that, together, total some 780 megs,
and I burn them with VCDEasy to a VCD 2.0 standard,
it works great.
However, if I use TmpgEnc to merge the two before using VCDEasy,
suddenly the single merged file will not fit on an 80 min CD...
hmmm.... a lot of padding is taking place somewhere...don't know
where yet. I think in VCDEasy... not sure yet.
Anyone else notice this?
-Don

Free talk - TmpgEnc NEW VERSION! 2.54a No.20435
veloborg  2002-05-02 14:24:31 ( ID:ilug02rkqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Amazing...
Someone or some people must be working on this constantly.
well... I loved 2.54, so I'm sure I'll like 2.54a...
wonder what they fixed?
-Don

Hataian  2002-05-05 18:43:44 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Somewhere on the homepage all changes in the versions are listed.

POP  2002-05-05 19:27:44 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I head that the author is only 21 years old..., but TMPGenc is really good program I think.

I hope the author and people in Pegasys Inc. keep good work.

Question - ATI Files No.20428
KIM  2002-05-02 13:49:27 ( ID:cskpktupbuk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've got an (ATI All-In-Wonder 7500) video bd that converts all my videos to ATI Files. Is there a plugin to convert these to another format that I can use to record a VCD or SVCD.

gbagman37  2002-05-02 14:12:10 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I sure you mean avi files. And you can use TMPEGEnc to convert to VCD or SVCD.

Paul LA  2002-05-02 18:55:30 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't get synchronized sound if I encode directly from an AVI file produce by my AVI file. (It is WAY off.)

The sound will be synched if I load the AVI into an editor and save it back out. I use Huffyuv RGB codec for this step.

Keep an eye out for this and maybe somebody has a solution.

KIM  2002-05-02 22:57:19 ( ID:cskpktupbuk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NO, they have been changed to "ATI File Player" files. This is what Win Explorer and Properties see it as. Help

Slarti Bartfast  2002-05-03 21:54:46 ( ID:/3aghxa4f6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The ATI format is very proprietary. I suggest capturing with something like VirtualDub or preferably iuVCR (which I haven't tried, but it looks good). Incidentally, when capturing with VirtualDub with my old All-in-Wonder Pro card I can use the DivX 5 codec to capture directly to DivX format, which allows hours of recording in only a few Gb. Then convert the DivX AVI file to SVCD MPG format with TMPGEnc.

Slarti Bartfast  2002-05-04 01:20:33 ( ID:/3aghxa4f6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The ATI format is very proprietary. I suggest capturing with something like VirtualDub or preferably iuVCR (which I haven't tried, but it looks good). Incidentally, when capturing with VirtualDub with my old All-in-Wonder Pro card I can use the DivX 5 codec to capture directly to DivX format, which allows hours of recording in only a few Gb. Then convert the DivX AVI file to SVCD MPG format with TMPGEnc.

Paul LA  2002-05-06 18:20:56 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ATI newer models allow changing the capture format to a non-proprietary codec. It captures fine using Huffuv except the audio is offset.

Through some experimentation, I found that there seem to be an extra 7-8 frames of audio at the beginning.

Fast recompress in VirtualDub with an offset of -266ms gets the audio synced back up.

ATI's big advantage: it has a remote control that the other capture programs do not have.

Question - Aaron No.20426
Aaron  2002-05-02 10:58:04 ( ID:vbater6jvqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI All
I've seen this a few times here but I'm having an issue with tmpg not displaying any picture while encoding.
I've tried using different codecs, I've tried 3.11, 4.11, 5..and I've installed the smr patch.
Alas its still encoding with no picture, sound is fine. Now I know this isn't tmpg's fault because on the other computer with 4.11 codec its fine (except that comp crashes often so I can't use it for the 4hrs encode jobs..dont even go there, I've tried EVERYTHING with that one bar processor replacement)
Basicly during the encoding you won't see any picture and if written to vcd the dvd player will just play sound but no picture.
The computer is a P3 500, 196meg ram and a tnt2 vid card. But since its a number crunching task I doubt the other details on it are very important.
Both comps use winxp.
Has anyone has this and found a solution. I've wanting to convert divx to svcd so I can watch on the dvd player.

Minion  2002-05-02 23:33:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the codec you are looking for is the mpeg2 codec,with this codec you can see the mpeg2 files,but if you can"t see anything while you are encodeing then you got other problems cuz if you can"t see the file while it is encodeing, if it is a black screen then there is something wrong.......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.