TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 587 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Archiver optimus 3 2002-05-08 09:37:45
Question Trouble Multiplexing SVCD to VCD cp 3 2002-05-09 13:41:52
Request Mr James Gardiner 2 2002-05-09 15:43:44
Question No display Charactor of Button Jay Choi 0 2002-05-08 05:33:44
Question DIvX to VCD template. Is it good enough? Darren 8 2002-05-09 16:36:46
Bug report Hercules Game Theater, WindowsXP, TMPGEnc Incompatiblity Chase 3 2002-05-09 04:49:47
Question no sound when convert 7G avi to mpeg2 nina 1 2002-05-08 04:19:53
Question Write error problem Drareg 0 2002-05-08 03:08:26
Question After Installing mpeg2 codec tmpgenc crashes everytime Chase 4 2002-05-08 03:30:52
Question SVCD to VCD CaptainBed 6 2002-05-09 16:44:30
Question Can't load Drareg 5 2002-05-08 07:19:19
Question DvD Burning Terry hanfrey 3 2002-05-08 00:43:27

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 587 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Archiver No.20864
optimus  2002-05-08 06:51:03 ( ID:2okv1gg6nfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to convert .vro files from a DVD-RAM disc recorded on a Panasonic E20 to .vob or .mpeg2 using software and my computer's internal DVD-RAM drive. Will I be able to use TMPGEnc to make the file format conversion?

Minion  2002-05-08 06:57:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not unless they are some type of avi file.......

Gant  2002-05-08 08:19:02 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

avisynth will frameserve those files .vro for u to use it in tmpeg and encode it into an mpeg2 stream... later u can mux that mpeg2 stream with the audio mp2/ac3/whatever and with your authoring dvd program :)

Matta ne.

optimus  2002-05-08 09:37:45 ( ID:2okv1gg6nfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the quick responses.

Question - Trouble Multiplexing SVCD to VCD No.20860
cp  2002-05-08 06:40:23 ( ID:sbrljz8sqw. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been trying to "trick" my DVD player into thinking a SVCD is really a VCD using the trick I found at http://www.geocities.com/newestmoviesencode/dvdvcd.

however when i try to use the multiplexing I get an error message like this and it stops:

"6035 s packets cause buffer underflow the mpeg file might cause error when played"

sometimes this happens at 99%, or at 15%. i'm afraid to burn the files given this. anyone have any suggestions?

Minion  2002-05-08 06:55:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dont do it by multiplexing it just take the mpeg file and put it in the "merge and cut" feature choose vcd-non-standard at the top and then choose your directory for your new mpeg file and click "run" this will put the vcd header on the mpeg2 without haveing to de multiplex then multiplex......

Gant  2002-05-08 08:15:51 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he he he... that message is to warn you about the compatibility with the standart... usually if that value is not too high it'll work smootly... what do i mean high?... like 10000 or more... even with 10000 you might be lucky and have no problem since most dvd players taht also play vcd and svcd dont really complain about xvcd or xsvcd :)

So dont worry... believe me... i'e burned more that a 100 vcds and svcd with that mesage and only had one prob once... i got 15000 and the video and audio were desync when played on the standalone :\n
Matta ne.

ASHY  2002-05-09 13:41:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As long as you choose 'non standard VCD' in either the simple multiplex option or merge and cut you won't get the buffer underflow warning.
You are getting the warning beacause TMPG is checking the VCD for underflows, but you are using a SVCD, so you will always get this warning if you use the the 'standard VCD' setting rather than the 'non standard'

Regarding this SVCD to VCD trick.
I don't think this is tricking your player at all.

The reason this works on some players is because when creating an SVCD some incompatible players assume that the folder the MPEG file is stored in is the 'MPEGAV' folder on the disk and not the standard 'MPEG2' folder.
The 'MPEGAV' folder is used for VCD not for SVCD.

So when you insert an SVCD in the player it will look in the MPEGAV folder and won't find the file because it is in the MPEG2 folder and will just say 'No disk'

Most burning programs (such as VCdeasy and NERO) have the ability to correct this compatibilty problem by allowing you to change the folder name from 'MPEG2 to MPEGAV' thus allowing your player to find and play the file.

You will find this under the 'Video cd' tab in nero in the 'New compilation window'. Just click the button called 'Compatibility' and change it to 'MPEGAV'.
Same goes for VCDeasy. You find it under Settings>S(VCD) player where it says SVCD you will see a tick box.

I would recommend trying the above method first rather than changing the header to MPEG1 and burning as a standard VCD as this will make it incompatible with normal players which do look in the 'MPEG2' folder for a SVCD and they will refuse to play it.
Using the method above it should still be compatible with either type of machine.

ASHY

Request - Mr No.20857
James Gardiner  Home )  2002-05-08 05:46:11 ( ID:lbrvonamown )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI support team,
I was wondering if you where likely to come out with support for MP@HL any time soon? Ie for High Definition (HDTV) mpeg2 encoding?

Cheers,
James

Minion  2002-05-08 06:04:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"tmpgenc" does support "main profile & high level" under profile and level in the "video" settings it also supports "high profile&high level" and a few other profiles......

ASHY  2002-05-09 15:43:44 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Jaysus, what is it with some people. R they blind?

Question - No display Charactor of Button No.20856
Jay Choi  2002-05-08 05:33:44 ( ID:dgm2ltqadm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't see charactor of button.
So, can't use TMPGEnc program.

Jay.

Question - DIvX to VCD template. Is it good enough? No.20847
Darren  2002-05-08 04:17:24 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using the VCD NTSC template on a P3 1GHz this file only takes an hour and 20 min to encode and looks close to the original avi.

Q - Is there any settings I can apply in tmpgenc to enhance the vcd of this animated file rather that presuming it's video?

Q - Is it best to use CBR, VBR, two pass or what for animation???

Q - Is it possible to set the mpg commpression level to NONE as I don't want any "blocky" results?

My steps...

1. I extract a full rate WAV from virtual Dub.
2. Use the vcd template and encode. No settings changed.
3. Burn to disk. (been getting underruns though)

Audio

Audio Format - MPG Layer-3
Average data rate - 6.967 Kb/Sec
Sample rate - 22.50 kHz
Channels - 2 (Stereo)

Video

AVI (divX) 118,476 Mb

Frame width - 352 pixles
Frame height - 240 pixles
Play length - 1461.434 sec
Frame count - 43796
Frame rate - 29.970 frames/sec
Date rate 81.74 kb/sec
Video sample size 24bit
Video compression - DIVXMPG4 V3

Sorry for the long question.

Thanks

Darren

Minion  2002-05-08 04:30:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

animation has to be encoded at a different setting in the "quantize matrix" settings, it has to be changed from default to "cg/animation"..And the best way to get rid of macro blocks is to up the bitrate,I use 1650kbs for vcd and I get 60min on each disk with much better quality,and generaly speaking I think cbr for mpeg1 is better if you don"t care about a little bigger file size but if you want a smaller file size vbr is the way to go, but vbr isn"t supported in the vcd standard but either is 1650kbs bitrate,my player and most will play vcd"s with a bitrate up to 5000kbs but who wants 15min on 1 cd....

Darren  2002-05-08 04:56:02 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank Minion, thats just the answer i was looking for. :)

It's interesting that VBR isn't supported. I don't care about file size as I am only burning one episode per CD. Approx 25min each. So I should go for CBR at 5000 right and enable "padding"???

Where can I read about what VCD will and wont support as far as bit rate and stuff goes?

Minion  2002-05-08 05:59:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you are trying to get 25minutes on a cd try 3800kbs first and padding is allways enabled in cbr mode....any vcd that isn"t 352 by 240 ntsc or 352 by 288 pal and 1150kbs cbr isn"t vcd compliant but allmost all players will play vcd"s with higher bitrates, but this is a new quasi standard called xvcd,which is a vcd with higher bitrates but even some players will let you play vcd"s with a resolution of 720 by 480, and if you upped the bitrate to like 3000kbs it would be like a psudo dvd, and yes there are dvd"s that are mpeg1...but for figureing out the amount of max bitrate you can apply to each avi clip, here is a equation that i use: I divide the amount of minutes in my movie clip by 100,000.so if I have a 50minute movie clip I divide that by 100,000 and that is 2000 so 2000kbs would be the max for a 50minute clip to fit on one cd...and to find out what your dvd player can play go to www.vcdhelp.com and they have a section on dvd player compatability.....I hoped this helped you some?...good luck........

Gant  2002-05-08 08:08:39 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Posted by Minion:
"animation has to be encoded at a different setting in the "quantize matrix" settings, it has to be changed from default to "cg/animation""

This is not correct... its only aplied to rendered cg animation, otherwise it will look worst that than using standart... not conversion... for conversion from a divx u should use the tmpg standart... because the cg animation is thought to be high quality computer graphics... and this is not the case... we're talking about divx.

If your actually going for MPEG 1 then see Minion's second post... but my advice would be Mpeg2...

In MPEG2 if your going for only 1 episode per cd... my advise would be mvbr -100 of frame quality lost and the bitrate... well just use a bitratecalc ^_^

Matta ne.

Darren  2002-05-08 08:38:57 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, i tried the animation setting and it came out worse...

The standard template is pretty good so I might just stick with that.

I didn't think MPEG-2 was VCD v2.0 compatible???

I will try the calc method and see how it looks.

thanks guys

davec  2002-05-08 16:03:27 ( ID:v3azi/rnih6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually mpeg2 is not vcd compatable it is SVCD compatible.

Davec

Minion  2002-05-08 22:51:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory ,I thought he was encodeing "computer generated animation" ,I don"t do animation so i haven"t tried it....

ASHY  2002-05-09 16:36:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your movie is only 25 mins in length then I would encode to MPEG2 if your DVD player is capable of playing SVCD.
The quality and compression rate are much better than standard VCD when using MPEG2.

As for CBR. Forget it unless you are creating a bog standard VCD 2.0 compliant VCD for an incompatible DVD player (unlikely).
DVD players are variable bitrate machines by design and it doesn't make sense to waste the bitrate in a movie when it's not needed or needed else where.

CBR is just the easy way out for people who don't know how to use VBR correctly and will NEVER give you a better quality movie file size for file size compared to VBR it will just give you macroblocks in fast action detailed scenes even when it is set quite high.

Concerning MPEG1 it is possible to create a 2hr movie with an average bitrate of 2000kb/s using VBR rather than 1600kb/s using CBR. This will result in a far higher quality movie.

If you decide to encode to MPEG2 try encoding at full resolution 720x576 PAL or 720x480 NTSC and use 'Constant quality(CQ)' rather than 'Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR) as this will give you a better quality movie for the file size.

Just set your bitrate something like: Min - 2000 Max - 6000 Quality 80
Maybe try the DVD template as this should fit a 25min movie on to one cd.
I guarantee this will give you a high qaulity movie.
The same settings go for XVCD if your player will allow it.

Oh and regarding Gant's post referring to MVBR. You would only use this setting if you wanted to set the bitrate for individual scenes in a movie using the force picture type option and is worthless otherwise, but I agree with the point about CG/Animation.

ASHY

Bug report - Hercules Game Theater, WindowsXP, TMPGEnc Incompatiblity No.20843
Chase  2002-05-08 04:03:26 ( ID:hqc1p9twugr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe the Hercules Game TheaterXP with Drivers v3.01 or v4.1 (latest) is incompatibile with TMPGEnc v2.0 -> v2.5a (or probably all versions) when it comes to loading audio.

AMD Athlon XP
Epox 8K7A Motherboard
512 DDR RAM
GeForce3
Hercules GTXP
WindowsXP

I can send an error report if requested etc, is it possible to get this issue looked into or resolved?

Chase Preston
cpreston@inboundcomputers.com

Minion  2002-05-08 04:15:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc is only compatible with certain audio formats,what format does are you speaking of and how are you useing your Hercules with "tmpgenc"?

Chase  2002-05-08 23:41:55 ( ID:hqc1p9twugr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is the soundcard, not the format that is the problem. Hercules Game Theater XP is like a Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy.

ffast  2002-05-09 04:49:47 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do not think this is bug or imcompatibility with the sound card.

It is just a matter of file format you are using.

Question - no sound when convert 7G avi to mpeg2 No.20841
nina  2002-05-08 03:16:34 ( ID:xsq9o/fq7r2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I exported a 7GB avi file from adobe premier 6.0. then I converted it to MPEG2 using TMPGEnc. When I played it on DVD , there is no sound and the video is fine. But if I exported a smaller avi file from adobe and converted it, I can successfully played it on DVD.

So what's the problem? Please help me.

Minion  2002-05-08 04:19:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I can think of is that the audio was set at the wrong frequency,for it to play on your dvd player it has to be 41000hz output,it will play on your computer at other frequencys but not on your dvd player,thats all I can think of right now but maybe someone else has a answer.......

Question - Write error problem No.20840
Drareg  2002-05-08 03:08:26 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I must be really stupid here!!!

At 22% conversion the following occures

Write error occured at address 00402c28 of module `TMPEGnc.exe`with 00218000

and it stops :(

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance

Drareg

Question - After Installing mpeg2 codec tmpgenc crashes everytime No.20835
Chase  2002-05-08 02:17:59 ( ID:ysoq9ojlmmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just reformatted my computer to see if the problem was another piece of software. Upon the clean install I load up TMPGEnc v2.54.36 and encode a simple .mpg to MPEG-1 to test it out. No problem. So I move on to load my SVCD Mpeg2 into tmpgenc which says is unsupported. So I install Stinky's mpeg2 codec which returns an Install Successful message. Re-load tmpgenc, try to load mpeg2, still unsupported. I de-multiplex it which works, then try to encode... then crash (program performs illegal operation) Reboot, open tmpgenc and try to load simple .mpg file... before it even gets to encoding it crashes... (illegal operation)

Now every .mpg file I open crashes before encoding even starts?!! Better yet, every version does it also. I really don't want to have to reformat but looks like I'm going to have to again. I even uninstalled Stinky's mpeg2 decoder (which didn't let me play mpeg2 in wmp8 anyways), still no dice.

AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz
512 DDR RAM
WindowsXP Professional With All Windows Updates
nVidia GeForce3
Hercules Game TheatreXP

Please, any help would be much appreciated.

Gant  2002-05-08 02:30:32 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really dunno what the problem is but i would actually say its the mpeg2 and windows incompatibility.

One piece of advice... when doing video encoding all MS upgrades only damage your sistem... they dont actually help in any way... so make a clean install of XP and make NO UPGRADES... i really mean NONE.

One better idea would be to install only win2000 since it works a lot better that XP when it comes to encoding... and still NO UPDATES.

Try downloading a more recent version of the mpeg2 codec... it might solve your problem...

Matta ne.

Gant

ffast  2002-05-08 02:36:27 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where did you get the Stinky's mpeg2 decoder?
How much was it?

Gant  2002-05-08 02:39:05 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One more thing i forgot... u can even surpass the problem of loading the mpeg2 stream into tmpgenc... mux the mpeg2 as u done before... making it without the svcd extra crap added to the header.
Then open mpeg2avi or dvd2avi and with the vfapi codec installed make a project. load that project in avisynth and with the mpeg2dec.dll you will be able to open it in any program even though you dont have mpeg2 codec installed.

Hope this helps.

Matta ne.

Gant

Chase  2002-05-08 03:30:52 ( ID:ysoq9ojlmmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Great thanks, but I decided to slowly go back and "undo" everything one step at a time since I didn't perform many steps to see if it were something else. When I uninstalled the drivers to my Game Theater XP everything magically worked. I could open everything just fine!! It wasn't the codec because after I uninstalled it I couldn't open the .m2v that I demuxed, but when I installed it I opened the .m2v no problemo.

I decided to make sure that was the problem so I reinstalled the Game TheaterXP drivers, rebooted and loaded tmpgenc, here is the interesting part: My project was still there so I hit start encoding, which worked fine. Then I hit new project and opened the same old simple .mpg and it illegal operationed on me. So the problem with the drivers is the initial load, no necesarrily the encoding process.

I've now installed 2 different versions of the driver, same problem. I'm wondering if anybody has a Hercules Game TheaterXP 5.1 and tmpgenc working together?

Question - SVCD to VCD No.20828
CaptainBed  2002-05-07 19:44:17 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't convert a SVCD to VCD I get only this information when I want to load a file.
File filename.mpg can not open, or unsupported.
Can you help me?

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:30:07 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

need to frameserve that mpeg-2 buddy

use dvd2avi

Minion  2002-05-07 23:32:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you de-multiplex it you can load mpeg2 files in........

Gant  2002-05-08 00:40:06 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hummm... first install the mpeg2 codec on your system... then do as "Minion" said and de-multiplex and then mux again (this way you have u'r mpeg2 file with audio and without the extra crap from svcd stream), then open it in TMPGEnc... since u installed the mpeg2 codec it should load OK.

The frameserve also works fine.. dvd2avi or mpeg2avi :) plus avisynth :)

Matta ne.

Gant

Minion  2002-05-08 01:07:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t actually have to multiplex it back together just load the "m2v" in as video and "mp2" in as audio,I think the de-multiplexing removes the headers.....

Gant  2002-05-08 01:24:40 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes it does... he he he.. another 1 pass way.. would be to multiplex it... but instead of loading m2v/mpv and m2p jus tload the mpg and it will show you both streams and mux it :)

I only avised it for the newbies that might not know how to load separate streams ;)

Matta ne.

Gant

ASHY  2002-05-09 16:44:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Neither of the methods makes sense.
First off, if the original stream is SVCD there is no need to load both of the demultiplexed A/V streams into TMPG.
It is only necessary to load the m2v file and encode that and then multiplex the resulting file back with the original Mp2 audio stream.
Theres no point in loading the audio stream to re-encode it to the same thing.

ASHY

Question - Can't load No.20822
Drareg  2002-05-07 19:30:14 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when I press start to begin conversion from avi to mpeg a message comes up that says can't load ``P3Package.dll``

can anyone help me

Please

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:30:50 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

make sure the p3package.dll is in the tmpg directory
if it is,get a new version because yours is corrupt

Minion  2002-05-07 23:34:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you do is look in your "tmpgenc" folder and look for the "p3p package" and copy it to your system and system32 directory this should get the .dll file loaded.....

Drareg  2002-05-08 03:05:47 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way I managed to do it is through the CPU in checking everything off.

Where do I copy it in the system32 folder? I must be pretty stupid

Thanks for the advise

Drareg

Minion  2002-05-08 06:15:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just click on the system and system32 folder and drop it in.no particulat file just in the directory somewere,but I think the system32 is the important one,I just couldn"t remember if it was the system or ssytem32 folder but I think it was the system32 folder...write back a tell me if it worked,it worked for me but It might have been a fluke....

Drareg  2002-05-08 07:19:19 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried everything. Copied in System and system32. Nothing worked. Out of luck, I looked at the file name and it was ``P3Packag.dll``... For some reason it was missing the e at the end... I did a rename and put the e at the end of P3Package.dll and now everything seems to be working. Strange but true

Drareg

Ps Thanks allot for your help, will probably be calling on you again for something else...This guy is not too quick with this new program...I feel pretty stupid :)

Question - DvD Burning No.20818
Terry hanfrey  2002-05-07 17:49:56 ( ID://c7xxqe.e. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help i am downloading films no prob, Converting to Mpeg no prob, BUT when i burn to a 4.7 Dvd Gb disc i keep on getting an error messadge. It goes through all the files with no prob but when it starts burning it burns for about 30 sec,s then stops and a error message come up. Please help Thanks.

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:31:47 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you shoudlnt be downloading illegal files and admitting it in a forum that whos yoru ip address

stupid

Minion  2002-05-07 23:43:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean "downloading illegal files" he didn"t download illegal files, there is not law against downloading film clips from the internet,if it were illegal there wouldnt be tens of millions of poeple downloading clips every second of every day,the only thing slightly illegal is copying dvd"s that you don"t own, he could be downloading public domain films or many other types of films that are perfectly legal.and "ip addresses can be changed I have a program that re-routes other ip addresses so yours doesn"t come up....

Gant  2002-05-08 00:43:27 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

-oro-

ilegal... stupid... -ara- not good words ;)

Well well... to Terry-san... tell me what the error was... it might have nothing to do with the files... might be u'r burner or even you're media...

Gimme the error.

Matta ne.

Gant

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.