TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 610 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Read Error on Splitting Mpeg file Bemm 1 2002-04-25 20:12:27
Question Help! jeremyf0 1 2002-04-25 22:30:44
Bug report DIVX 5 - No video output ritchie b 3 2002-04-29 00:46:30
Question Floating point error ! Ruben Velez 2 2002-04-25 22:34:37
Bug report TMPGEnc locks up on WinXP during encoding Liam Gretton 3 2002-04-29 14:39:36
Question Pixelation in TMPGEnc preview Im4tunate2 3 2002-04-26 18:19:58
Question CD-R not playing in DVD?? Kona 4 2002-04-26 13:37:12
Question TMPGenc not responding 2684 2 2002-04-26 09:18:10
Request Scenarist MannaZen1 2 2002-04-28 21:04:04
Question some converted avi is out of sync graham 10 2002-04-30 14:21:37
Question Why my AVI file edited by premiere6 can't be opened with Tmpgenc? kevinluy 2 2002-04-25 22:53:50
Question Not enough memory error Peter 4 2002-04-25 10:29:38

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 610 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Read Error on Splitting Mpeg file No.19912
Bemm  2002-04-25 18:48:08 ( ID:flppsedny.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to split my mpeg-file (SVCD) for matching CD-R size i get the following message: "At address 73EF1D04, Read Error occured against address7rEF1Do4"
I´m using TMPGENC 2.53. My system is a Athlon 1400.
Any idea what the problem can be?

dvstahl  2002-04-25 20:12:27 ( ID:gvscwfqundw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. Just ignore it-click ok or whatever it says (don't remember) and then proceed with splitting. Works fine except for me except for the message.

Question - Help! No.19910
jeremyf0  2002-04-25 17:48:52 ( ID:x6f7zkozhzw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I change the buffer size or whatever I need to change to get rid of buffer underflows? I search the BBS and couldn't find out how to change it.

Minion  2002-04-25 22:30:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

look for the "vbv"buffer,under the bitrate on the settings page,but don"t lower it too much cuz you will get buffer over flow....

Bug report - DIVX 5 - No video output No.19906
ritchie b  2002-04-25 15:10:17 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert an divx avi down to mpeg there is no video source on the compiled mpeg. I beleive the problem is with the latest divx codec. Can anyone confirm this???, Cheers.

Minion  2002-04-25 22:40:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you are right ,divx5 isn"t supported in "tmpgenc" you might have to convert yer divx5 to divx4 to get it to work.........

ASHY  2002-04-26 15:18:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well to be honest DIVX 5 is supported by TMPG as it works on my system and many others.
I'ts more likely due a mix of codecs on your system causing the problem.
There are a few ways which may help you around this.

First, uninstall all codecs and just install divx 5 to see if the problem dissapears when you encode in TMPG. (use a small test file)

Second, remove the DIVX 5 codec and install 4.12. This will still decode divx 5 movies.

Third, if non of the above works then open your movie in Virtualdub and frameserve it to TMPG.

ASHY

RBornowski  2002-04-29 00:46:30 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It`s Ok - I have found out that DIVX is not completly supported yet so i stipted the avi (divx) 5 down to 4.11 then encoded it to mpg with tnp. Cheers

Question - Floating point error ! No.19903
Ruben Velez  2002-04-25 14:13:31 ( ID:uryozzqylvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting files from AVI to MPG and after a while of processing I get a "Floating Point Error". I tried different files and sooner of later during the conversion I get this error. Any suggestions? Is this a bug?

Ruben
velezr@hotmail.com

Encoding Lamer  2002-04-25 17:03:22 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Got the same error message sometimes. To avoid it use a frame server like the "Video Server Plugin v0.93 " from www.videotools.net in combination with some editing softlike like premiere.

Hope this helps.

Minion  2002-04-25 22:34:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

to stop this error firt of all don"t do anything with your computer while encodeing,I mean anything ,no screen saver no nothing,and if this isn"t yer problem go to your "cpu" tab and un-check all the boxes on this page(sse,mmx ect) then un-check the "use floating point" box on the "quantize matrix" page and this will stop the error but it will take longer to encode......

Bug report - TMPGEnc locks up on WinXP during encoding No.19899
Liam Gretton  2002-04-25 13:35:06 ( ID:ptfpjnycef6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPGEnc 2.53.35.130 on a new WinXP system (Athlon XP 1900+, 512MB). I'm trying to transfer an 80 min movie from VHS to DVD. I now have a 18GB AVI which plays perfectly, but TMPGEnc always locks the machine solid at some point during the conversion (this is full-frame PAL, 6kbps). Not always the same point - it might be a few secs into the conversion, or even 40 minutes or so, but it always locks up. What I do get of the MPEG seems perfect, however.

I've got the latest XP updates, drivers are up to date and so on. I've tried running TMPGEnc in Win98 compatibility mode, but it makes no difference.

This is driving me nuts, because I can't find any other MPEG2 encoder out there that I could use instead. I'd be willing to pay for one if I knew it would work ok.

Any suggestions would be really gratefully received.

If I can get TMPGEnc to work, I'll be registering it straightaway!

Thanks,

Liam

SwtSassie  2002-04-25 22:28:13 ( ID:foya8eslxmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too just got XP .. Intel 1.2ghZ .. and I also lock up when trying to convert with TMPGEnc most the time .. but that is not my biggest prob with xp .. I keep getting "lagged" off my dsl connection every 45 to 50 mins and it lasts approx. 15 mins unless I reboot modem then it is only a min or 2. Dont know if it is the same thing causing it or not .. I wonder if anyone else is having this prob or if it is just my bad luck .. If anyone has any idea on either of my probs I will be forever greatful! :) Sassie

Minion  2002-04-25 22:43:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think a 13gb file is to big for tmpgenc, try cutting it to a smaller file or converting your avi to divx to get smaller file size.....

Liam Gretton  2002-04-29 14:39:36 ( ID:ptfpjnycef6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess the 18GB file was the main problem. I've got it all now as 17x2GB chunks.

TMPGEnc is much more reliable now, though it still locks the machine up occasionally. Subsequent retires usually do the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Liam

Question - Pixelation in TMPGEnc preview No.19895
Im4tunate2  2002-04-25 13:14:32 ( ID:1i9ii9pkcqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just made my first CD a few days ago of the video Joe Dirt. I had a problem with pixelation while previewing the video, and after tinkering with the settings, got rid of the pixelation. The video turned out great. I am now trying to encode a 2nd video entitled Dirty Work, but cannot seem to get rid of the pixelation in the preview. I have tried different templetes, and lots of different settings, but can't seem to find the right combination to get rid of the pixelation. When I preview the video in DVD2AVI, there isn't any pixelation. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions. Thanks, Im4tunate

ASHY  2002-04-25 14:46:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which template are you using to encode?
If you are using the VCD template, unlock it and up the bitrate.
Depending on the length of the movie you could up it quite a bit if you use 80min CD's.
For a two hour movie you could easily up it to 1600kbps.
Also tick the soften block noise option under the quantize matrix tab.

ASHY

Im4tunate2  2002-04-25 15:41:48 ( ID:1i9ii9pkcqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - Thanks for the response. I have tried using a self-made template, as well as several different templates that come with TMPGEnc, such as VIDEO CD(NTSC).mcf for example. I'll try upping the Bitrate in the VCD template as you suggested, as well as softening block noise. Thanks alot for the info. I have done much work in the past with analog data, but I'm definately a newbie when it comes to digital. I'll let you know if your suggestion helps. Im4tunate

Im4tunate2  2002-04-26 18:19:58 ( ID:1i9ii9pkcqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,
Just wanted to let you know that after re-booting my system, the pixelation is gone, regardless of which template I use. It may be because I didn't close dvd2avi before starting TMPGEnc. I'm still not for certain what the root cause of the problem was. At any rate, the problem is gone for the time being. Im4tunate

Question - CD-R not playing in DVD?? No.19890
Kona  2002-04-25 12:04:21 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, thnaks to everyone who answered my other question. Now, I burned cd's. 2 vcd and 2 svcd. None of them will play in my samsung dvd 611. I went to vcd help website and it says the player is compatable. It even says "video cd" player right on it as well as "DVD". I burned the dics with Nashua 80 min, 700 MB CD-R. Does anyone think a different type of cd-r will work?? Or any other suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks a bunch.

NewtronX  2002-04-25 13:31:21 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Kona:o)
Well looks like you have done your homework for your player. I believe your problem is probably due to the fact that even though you recorded the Video in VCD or SVCD compatible format when you burned them to disc you didnÃÕ burn them as a VCD type disc using Nero or another burning program capable of this. Just like when you stick an Audio CD disc in your DVD player and it recognizes it as an Audio CD because of the TOC (Table of Contents) so it does with a VCD or SVCD if the disc isnÃÕ recoded with that TOC then it doesnÃÕ see it as a VCD. Check out http://www.vcdhelp.com/nero.htm ~NewtronX

Kona  2002-04-25 20:04:17 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I finally got it right, it will play on my computer with VCD software but no go on my Samsung dvd-611. I called the company and they said it will only play commercial vcd or svcd. So I guess I am screwed. Thanks for the help. If anything else changes I will let you know. I am always open to suggestions.
Thanks

Minion  2002-04-26 08:47:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem might be with how you are burning your cd"s,I usually burn with "nero" in vcd mode at 8 times speed or less,I can burn up to 24 times but it seems to cause problems if you burn them to fast..........

ASHY  2002-04-26 13:37:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Kona before you reseign yourself to the fact that your DVD player can't play home made VCD's try burning your Movie on to a decent rewritable such as verbatim disks.
A lot of DVD players which cant read CDR's can read CDRW due to the fact that CDRW reflect a similar ligh wavelength to DVD's.
So give it a go and DONT burn above 4x.
In my experience it is better,not to burn above 4x or your VCD may be jerky and give other problems. You will also find this advice from many experts and encoder manufactures.

ASHY

Question - TMPGenc not responding No.19887
2684  2002-04-25 10:37:12 ( ID:2wwjnlhef.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have purchased the new TMPGenc plus and I have some trouble with it. When I try to convert an avi-file to mpg the program stops after an hour or sometimes after half an hour. When I ceck the activity manager, it say that the program is not responding.

This happens all the time. I have no energy saver on or screen saver or anything. The program just stops and there is no pattern on how long it will function.

I have a 1.4 GHz AMD processor with 256 Mhz ram and 20 Gb free space o the disq.

Could someone help me please.

Regards

Minion  2002-04-26 08:49:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

are you useing win xp? a lot of people have complained about problems with xp freezing tmpgenc,all I can think of is to try compatability mode in xp.......

2684  2002-04-26 09:18:10 ( ID:pbak5ddet4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
No I have win 98. I think though it have something to do with the processor AMD, since every thing work fine with Intel until I change the processor.

Regards

Request - Scenarist No.19884
MannaZen1  Home )  2002-04-25 09:33:21 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heard Scenaaritst was the beast DVD mpeg-2 ware out there, anyone know where I can find a demo/full version, got the $ to pay the $40,000 but working on building a home recording studio (starting own biz w/full protoolls set up-not cheap) and paying more child support for my one year old that I can afford (I'd like some cheese w/ that whine...huhu)

I know this is strictly a tmp thread, but any other info regarding this matter would be much apreciated

Thanks You
Bert
http://www.mannazen.com
http:///www.mp3.com/mannazen
Like new, local, and upcoming music? Check out the new and upcoming style from Jax, FL band Manna Zen (I know, cheap promo!!)[Free Cd's, how ever many you want (1-100, or whatever you want)

Please Help, I would appreciate any replies

SoftDeko  2002-04-25 18:49:49 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Not sure what the trouble is ... just trying to find the software?

http://www.dvd.acedaikin.com.sg/news_and_events/Daikin's_Scenarist_Wins.htm

I hope the information helps.

SoftDeko Reviewer plug.

The SoftDeko Reviewer checks out software and hardware. The reviews are published in a magazine format as a pdf document file.

The SoftDeko Reviewer cost $21 dollars for 12 issues - the May issue is Free (of course you have to subscribe to get it!).

In the May issue there is over $1300 worth of software reviewed.

Subscribe to the SoftDeko Reviewer and support the SoftDeko websites.

http://www.softdeko.com/subscribe.htm

http://www.softdeko.8m.com/latestupdates.htm
Thank you.

D.
SoftDeko

MannaZen1  Home )  2002-04-28 21:04:04 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

SOFT DEKO, thanks for the reply, ill check it out

Question - some converted avi is out of sync No.19873
graham  2002-04-25 07:58:21 ( ID:xsmtimuigla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi wizards,

when I tried to convert an AVI file, it gave me a video without audio. so, I use virtualdub to extract audio then, use TMPGenc once again. I successfully converted the movie but somehow, some part of the movie is out of sync, specially last part.

i need some help.

thanks in advanced.
graham

Peter  2002-04-25 10:40:12 ( ID:7kdtyxrjh.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

This is a problem of your soundcard which is not at EXACTLY the same clock rate with the rest of the system. The error occurs the more, the longer the video is.

There's a tool virtualdub_sync out there, but I have not tried it yet.

Peter

ASHY  2002-04-25 12:25:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Soundcard?!*
What's the soundcard got to do with it.
That only applies to capture not AVI conversion. You don't even need a soundcard for conversion.

ASHY

Peter  2002-04-25 13:29:32 ( ID:7kdtyxrjh.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, the error (out of sync) occurs during capturing ! TMPGEnc has nothing to do with this!

That's why I mentioned the virtualdub_sync tool.

Peter

ASHY  2002-04-25 14:52:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WHAT!*??
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you misunderstand the question.
It has nothing to do with capturing.
The question regards converting an AVI to MPEG with TMPGenc, so what do you mean it has nothing to do with TMPG??

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-25 15:56:45 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe I should explain in more simple terms.

AS far as I can grasp from the original question the person is trying to convert an AVI, which is probably a DVD rip either downloaded or created by himself using various conversion software such as DVD2AVI or FlaskMPEG which has nothing whatsoever to with capturing.
It is this AVI which is already probably perfectly in sync that he is using to convert to MPEG with TMPG, but for some reason *AFTER* the conversion process the audio has *THEN* desynced from the video.

Does that make it any clearer or is it a lost cause?

Anyway to answer the original question.
Is the audio out of sync from the begining or does it go out of sync later on in the film?
It may just need a slight A/V shift correction when multiplexing if it goes out of sync from the begining.
If not your file maybe corrupted in some way. Try to find the exact spot where audio desync occurs by running it through Virtualdub to scan for bad frames.
If virtualdub doesn't find it you will have to find it yourself.
When you find the spot of desync, cut the file just after NOT before desync occurs.
Also what is the length of the video and audio files separately?

Then post back and I'll give you info how to correct it.

ASHY

RX  2002-04-25 16:21:04 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, I mainly agree with ASHY.

As far as I know, this happens if there is/are error(s) on either video or audio (more likely audio) or both.

graham  2002-04-28 11:49:52 ( ID:xsmtimuigla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi wizards,

thanks for the great informations and solutions on this matter.

you were asking... about the length of the video and audio.. its the same length.

actually the thing is:

- when i tried to convert the download file, i managed to convert it to mpg but no sounds and it took too much time. And when I played the converted file, the film actually finishes at the middle of the players indicators and the rest are totally black... but the indicator and it continue to play.. Then, I found from your suggestions on other mails that I should use virtualdub to extract the audio and then convert the AVI to mpg using tmpgenc with the video from the original avi and audio from the saved wave file.

then when I tried to play the converted it becomes out of sync at the end.

Anyway, I will try to do the suggestion you gave, which is to find the error and cut the and reconvert the rest.

thanks again wizards,,,,

graham

Alberts  2002-04-29 08:14:28 ( ID:yooe1ee1gwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>WHAT!*??
>Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you misunderstand the question.
>It has nothing to do with capturing.
>The question regards converting an AVI to MPEG with TMPGenc, so what do you mean it has nothing to do with TMPG??
>
>ASHY

Ashy - FYI; I noticed that the MPEG PLAYER can cause A/V sync problems. Why I haven't a clue. Cyberlink's DVD Player (in "file" mode) yields seriously out of sync audio. ATI's "File Player" plays the same file in perfect sync (running their "All In Wonder"). Henna desu ne? Running a Intel 1.3Ghz CPU w/goodies so I don't think it's an overhead issue. Moreover; I initially didn't think of load the apparently out of sync file on my MicroDrive and hence to my 3630 Ipaq and try it THERE. I assumed that the file A/V sync was lousey... Ah yes; Another prime example of the attendant evils of assuming.

Incidently, I WOULD like to get my grubby little paws on VirtualDub_Sync if in fact such a nifty tool exists. Got URL?

Regards CM Alberts
Santa Barbara CA

Alberts  2002-04-29 14:18:55 ( ID:yooe1ee1gwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>WHAT!*??
>Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you misunderstand the question.
>It has nothing to do with capturing.
>The question regards converting an AVI to MPEG with TMPGenc, so what do you mean it has nothing to do with TMPG??
>
>ASHY

Ashy - FYI; I noticed that the MPEG PLAYER can cause A/V sync problems. Why I haven't a clue. Cyberlink's DVD Player (in "file" mode) yields seriously out of sync audio. ATI's "File Player" plays the same file in perfect sync (running their "All In Wonder"). Henna desu ne? Running a Intel 1.3Ghz CPU w/goodies so I don't think it's an overhead issue. Moreover; I initially didn't think of load the apparently out of sync file on my MicroDrive and hence to my 3630 Ipaq and try it THERE. I assumed that the file A/V sync was lousey... Ah yes; Another prime example of the attendant evils of assuming.

Incidently, I WOULD like to get my grubby little paws on VirtualDub_Sync if in fact such a nifty tool exists. Got URL?

Regards CM Alberts
Santa Barbara CA

ASHY  2002-04-30 14:21:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~dittrich/sync/VirtualDub-1_4_9__sync1_01c/VirtualDub-1_4_9__sync1_01c.zip

Be aware that this tool only applies to capturing to synchronize the audio with the video and nothing else.

ASHY

Question - Why my AVI file edited by premiere6 can't be opened with Tmpgenc? No.19870
kevinluy  2002-04-25 07:38:24 ( ID:ypw0yqkljq. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But unedited AVI file captured by premiere6 is ok with tmpgenc, and edited AVI file without audio is ok with tmpgenc?

Andy Mueller  2002-04-25 20:42:38 ( ID:vks7bd8wb3j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I think I have the same problem. I can't open a AVI File with TMGEnc.
The Statement is "it is not an avi File or unsupported"
so I can't define an input source file.
Do you have some answers ? or a troubleshooting ?
Thanks, many greetings
Andy.

the dude  Home )  2002-04-25 22:53:50 ( ID:efggfmglara )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the file from a DV Cam? If so open in VirtualDub and re-encode into DivX.

Question - Not enough memory error No.19865
Peter  2002-04-25 05:50:07 ( ID:bruwbmptcam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

I get an "Not enough memory" error when trying to convert a asf to mpeg1. I have dozens of GB and 256 MB RAM. In TMPGEnc 12a it's a "Out of memory" error.

Who can help?

Peter

ffast  2002-04-25 08:43:58 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc 12a can not be used officially/legally.

Quotation of the top page :

Since we have released updated version as 2.00, we stop developing version beta 12x any more, we recommend all users to switch to 2.00 from beta 12x unless you use older version with your own risk. We do not permit re-distribution of any version, especially version beta12x or older at any website.

Peter  2002-04-25 10:17:38 ( ID:7kdtyxrjh.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Off course I use v 2.53 and i get the first quoted error message. _AND_ I tried my old v12a and got another, but similar error message.

Peter

ASHY  2002-04-25 10:22:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not 100% on this, but it may have something to do with your swap file.
Check your swap file settings and make sure there is enough virtual memory for the task you are doing. Try increasing it to maximum 4096GB to see if it has any effect.

ASHY

Peter  2002-04-25 10:29:38 ( ID:7kdtyxrjh.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many thanks!

I'll try this.

Peter

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.