TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 614 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Adding extra time marcusaxavier 3 2002-04-25 16:39:37
Question can not open, or unsupported FrankB 4 2002-04-24 10:24:49
Question Where can I get these plugins? bfwe1atnet 2 2002-04-29 17:57:47
Question Problem playing back my mpeg files Jim 3 2002-04-24 01:01:53
Question At address 0218DB4A, Read error occurred against address 0218DB4A. Jeremy 2 2002-04-29 21:08:57
Question "Unable to decode audio" error Jp 1 2002-04-23 16:45:05
Question Options for CD recording of AVI-also to VHS Tape Chris 1 2002-04-23 19:37:25
Question MPEG2 cannot be loaded Ralf 2 2002-04-24 10:31:44
Question Graphic on finished mpeg? Tracer 3 2002-04-23 08:13:21
Question CPU 3dnow setting, jerkyness problems trinsic 3 2002-04-25 06:33:23
Question TMPGEnc-2.53 program freezes will 1 2002-04-25 05:29:00
Question SVCD-CQ Template? TC 7 2002-04-23 17:14:48

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 614 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Adding extra time No.19728
marcusaxavier  2002-04-23 17:43:57 ( ID:ssmpnnoeqqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I play back mpg's created by TMPGEnc, the time is shown as approximetly twice the amount that I converted - i.e. 2 minute clip becomes 4 minutes after conversion. When I play the mpg back, it stops after the pre-conversion time. I have tried to go back and clip off the extra time using the merge/edit tools, but it does not work. The file size is not twice as large, but when trying to covert to VCD, time is the essential, and having half the mpg being blank time causes a problem. Is there a way to stop thig from happening?

ASHY  2002-04-23 18:49:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that you start of with say a 1hr movie which after being converted by TMPG ends up being a 2 hr movie with the last hour just being a blank picture?
I have no idea or have ever heard of this one, but you could try to use the source range filter under the advanced tab in settings and choose the start and end of your movie to see if it corrects it when you encode.

Or, are you saying that when you are encoding it is doubling the time and encoding the first part as blank.
If this is the case you probably have the two pass option enabled in the 'Rate controle mode' option under the Video tab in Settings.

ASHY

marcusaxavier  2002-04-23 20:36:07 ( ID:ssmpnnoeqqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For example - a raw 2min film encoded makes 4 minutes. But, there is nothing there in the last 2 minutes that it has tacked on during encoding. Although it has nothing there, the 2 extra minutes show up on the clock when I try to play it or when I try to burn it to VCD. Although, it plays normal when in Quicktime 5, which is odd. Usually I play it with Microsoft Media player, or with the media player that is included in ATI's AIW (version 7.1). If I try to open it to recoded with TMPGEnc (not mulitplex or cut/merge), it gives me a illegal floating point error. Any ideas?

marcusaxavier  2002-04-25 16:39:37 ( ID:ssmpnnoeqqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I found the solution to my problem. I completely unistalled/reinstalled Microsoft Media player, along with it's codecs and shared resources. After doing that, I opened the existing mpg in VirtualDub and saved them as avi. I then went back to TNPGEnc and recoded them as mpg's. It seemd to fix the extra time problem.

Question - can not open, or unsupported No.19723
FrankB  2002-04-23 17:31:20 ( ID:lfda6f09fmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I try to use an MPEG2-stream (SVCD-Format) as source-stream, I get the message: "File <name> can not open, or unsupported", even if I made this file with TMPGEnc. I'm using the TMPGEnc Version 2.53. Any ideas what to do?

Chantico  2002-04-23 17:44:49 ( ID:peuzic3ee6j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting the same error message -- but mine occurs when trying to convert .avi to mpg1. I can put it in the audio section but not the video -- and I am getting only audio on the mpeg. I am VERY new to all of this, so I've been going through the boards and have downloaded Divx 4.12... I can't seem to find a codec for SMR, but I really don't think this is my problem. Any advice???

sherlock  2002-04-23 21:34:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many poeple have had this problem trying to re-encode mpeg2,the way around it is to de-multplex the mpeg2 file and load the video and audio in seperately...I hope this works for you.......sherlock

sherlock  2002-04-23 21:48:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sory I forgot to answer "Chantico,s" question,to get rid of the "can"t open unsupported" error for avi"s go to yer "enviromentel settings" under "vfapi plugins" and raise your "direct show" to "2" and keep every thing else at "0".This should solve your problem with unsupported avi"s...........sherlock

FrankB  2002-04-24 10:24:49 ( ID:cvflx/va7gf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've found the problem. After I've installed the current version of Media Player, TMPGEnc is able to do everything I want.

Question - Where can I get these plugins? No.19720
bfwe1atnet  Home )  2002-04-23 17:10:24 ( ID:4krvoczibz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me where can I get plugins for quicktime real media and pinnacle so that tmpgenc can read those files?
thanks,
Brian

Andrew S.  2002-04-24 02:32:34 ( ID:2lfstschcsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For quicktime you can try http://www.doom9.org in the downloads section. For rm you're SOL, there aren't any (although EO Video can do it). Im not sure about pinnacle.

bfwe1atnet  Home )  2002-04-29 17:57:47 ( ID:4krvoczibz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I took a look at that site but it didn't seem to say that the plugin was for Quicktime.I am not sure which file therefore You had referred to.
Brian

Question - Problem playing back my mpeg files No.19716
Jim  2002-04-23 16:58:19 ( ID:6lbdgpw4t7. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

When I create an Mpeg-1 file with TMPGenc using VBR my movies are playing perfectly with my Media Player 7.1. However, if I simply select to create the same movie with CBR instead of VBR then trying to play this movie will make Media Player crash somewhere in the middle of the movie.

Anyone have a solution to this? Some kind of setting I should change or anything?

Please help!
Thanks
Jim

sherlock  2002-04-23 21:54:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The easyest solution for this is to not use "media player" I can"t stand the program it sucks for playing mpeg"s(on my system anyway)but if you get "power dvd" it plays mpeg"s really well, or you can try "xing mpeg player" it works pretty good too,and you can get a trial copy on the web if you look for it....sory I can"t be more help but it seems like a good idea to have a seperate mpeg player.........

Jim  2002-04-23 23:15:40 ( ID:plji3b1cn0h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks,

My problem is that I wan't to distribute those movies so I need them to be compatible for everyone...

sherlock  2002-04-24 01:01:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the problem is that "media player"s mpeg2 codec isn"t very good, and it just won"t play most mpegs properly(with me anyway).Do you wan"t to distribute them as vcd"s ,svcd"s or dvd"s or do you want to distribute them as files to play on a computer,of you want to play them on a computer you might as well just burn them as data files in avi.then you know it will play on a computer.But when dealing with mpegs they will never play right for every one,cuz every one would have to have the proper codecs installed on there machine and as you know media player can be very picky with the mpegs it plays..

Question - At address 0218DB4A, Read error occurred against address 0218DB4A. No.19713
Jeremy  2002-04-23 15:30:43 ( ID:mgmbkusapw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At address 0218DB4A, Read error occurred against address 0218DB4A.

I have problems encoding DV footage that I have captured with my Pinnacle DV 500. It crashes the program when load it as the source video. It does this on several different computers that I work on. Is there a reason for this? Is all footage captured from a IEEE 1394 card to a DV format not compatible with the TMPGEnc or is it just the DV500?

willyiam  2002-04-24 10:36:22 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You'll find this in the FAQ page.

"TMPGEnc can not read AVI file with DV format."
The file is probably Type-1 DV format. The format is not supported by TMPGenc. Type-1format has different structure from AVI format. TMPGenc can not read the format since TMPGenc does not support DirectShow.
To solve this matter, try to save the captured or edited file as Type-2 DV format, however, there are still chance not to be able to read the file if you are using general IEEE1394 board without codec for VFW.

Max_it  2002-04-29 21:08:57 ( ID:cbgydagwbpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I'm trying to encode Mini DV video on a SVCD using TMPEG. The quality seems very high to me, but there is a block noise on very fast scenes.

I try however what you mention in this post but block noise still remains.
You said "high speed scenes always give blockyness in TMPG which is why I personally don't use TMPG for MPEG2 encoding."
Well, what do you use for that then?

Thanks & regards

Question - "Unable to decode audio" error No.19711
Jp  2002-04-23 14:10:45 ( ID:lqzb2wfd/zf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wonder if anyone can help me?
I am trying to load a divx movie then convert to vcd.
i get an error come up saying "unable to decode audio".
Ay ideas???
Many thanks...

ASHY  2002-04-23 16:45:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep. I assume the audio is Mp3. Convert it to a wav and load that as the audio in TMPG.

ASHY

Question - Options for CD recording of AVI-also to VHS Tape No.19709
Chris  2002-04-23 14:08:09 ( ID:790qd7szftf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I¡Çve got a 20 Minute vacation movie I¡Çve assembled in Adobe Premiere¡Äand I¡Çve saved the ¡Èproject¡É as an AVI (3.99GB pcm) It looks great. [I¡Çm running XP, with a 1 GHZ Pent III.]
2 Things I¡Çd like to do:
[1] Create a ¡ÈVideo¡ÉCD of this that will look as good as possible, and play on a standalone DVD player. (I see many of the new models will play VCD, but can they handle a ¡Èbetter¡É compression format?
[2] Copy the movie onto VHS. (I¡Çm able to ¡Èsee¡É computer output&#8212;including the Media Player window, which can be dragged to a size big enough to fill the TVscreen&#8212;using the cable connections from my ATI Radeon 8500DV Video Card. But is this the best way? I know I¡Çve first got to convert that AVI down to MPEG-2, and am willing to allow for whatever time and CPU resources necessary to come up with something that will be just small enough to fit on and playback on a CD (using a DVD player).
I tried the ¡ÈCinepak¡É in the Export Timeline of Premiere. I cranked out 30 secs,and it looked a little blocky. So I downloaded and tried TMPGEnc, the newest version&#8212;but it claims that my AVI is not compatible?!)
Any advice on both/either of these topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Chris

Magic  2002-04-23 19:37:25 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

[1] Video CD's have a standard compression and bitrate which I would say you are best sticking to if the disc is going to be distributed. I have never yet seen a DVD that wont play a standard VCD.

You can't use a different type of compression (for VCD it must be MPEG-1 and with SVCD you can use MPEG-1 or MPEG-2) but you can get away with a few tricks, such as using higher than normal bitrates for better quality. Others on this forum wil be better qualified than me to advise on this as I'm only a beginner in this area.

[2] Copy the movie to VHS

Don't enlarge the window, press CTRL-Enter or under the VIEW menu choose Full-Screen. It will tell Media Player to take over your entire screen display and play the movie to fill the screen (or as near as without changing the aspect ratio). It will also change screen resolution etc so you get smoother playback a lot of the time. If you plan to do this it's a good idea to add a few seconds blank to the start of the movie to give you time to press Record on the VCR. I've used a RADEON 64DDR VIVO for this and it works really well, and I'm only on a P3-450!

Question - MPEG2 cannot be loaded No.19706
Ralf  2002-04-23 09:03:05 ( ID:cvflx/va7gf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using TMPGEnc Version 2.53. Whenever I try to convert an MPEG2-Video into another Format, TMPGEnc tells me, that it is not able to load the MPEG2-file or this filen is incompatible. Although if I have made this MPEG2 file from an AVI-file by using TMPEGEnc.
What can I do?

sherlock  2002-04-23 22:01:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try de-multiplexing the mpeg2 and load the streams into "tmpgenc" seperately this usually works........

ASHY  2002-04-24 10:31:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPEG will encode an avi or MPEG1 file to MPE1, MPEG2 or avi as these formats are already supported by directshow. Your problem, if you haven't already, is that you don't have an appropiate MPEG2 codec installed to decode the MPEG2 movie you have created as directshow doesn't come with native MPEG2 support.

There are two ways around this. Firstly demultiplex the audio from the video as this doesn't need to be re-encoded then download the appropiate MPEG2 codecs.
http://dshow.narod.ru/video/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

or if you have DVD2AVI installed, just open the mpeg2 file in DVD2AVI and create a d2v project file without the audio and put this in TMPG.
When all is done re-multiplex the audio back with your new video file.

Note: installing the above MPEG2 codecs will also cause mediaplayer to use these codecs to play back MPEG2 files. This will affect the aspect ratio of the movie as the codecs don't seem to display SVCD's correctly.
If you have an MPEG2 software player installed such as WINDVD then use that to play back your files and not mediaplayer or just stick with the DVD2AVI method.

ASHY

Question - Graphic on finished mpeg? No.19702
Tracer  2002-04-23 07:27:45 ( ID:cx.yxndqvbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again.
Im getting an annoying graphic over the finished mpeg video, and I don't know where it came from.
The graphic reads www.darim.com

I don't remember ever seeing this graphic before....

Does TMPGEnc need to be registered to get rid of this graphic?

Thanks in advance.

Tracer

sherlock  2002-04-23 08:08:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that grafic doesn"t come from "tmpgenc".Do you have the "elgard mpeg2 codec" cuz this leaves a grafic on the mpeg,try doing a file search in your system and look for "darim" and if you find the file try to get rid of it or replace it with another mpeg codec...I hope this helps?............sherlock

ffast  2002-04-23 08:09:43 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, this is not problem on TMPGEnc.

It is what we called "watermark" to protect copyrights.

Tracer  2002-04-23 08:13:21 ( ID:cx.yxndqvbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
Thanks for the replies.
For some reason there was a mpeg2 codec from darin.com on my puter.
I uninstalled this and the logo thing has vanished...

Tracer

Question - CPU 3dnow setting, jerkyness problems No.19698
trinsic  2002-04-23 07:20:25 ( ID:mnpxjbcafpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the 3dnow setting under envoirmental ?

When that setting is enabled I get jerkyness in the video, like it repeats some frames ?

trinsic  2002-04-23 07:25:13 ( ID:mnpxjbcafpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I was wrong the problem still exists even the 3dnow setting is off ?

sherlock  2002-04-23 08:13:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i get a "jerkyness" in some of my vcd"s to.They seem to be fine when I play them on my computer but when I burn them and play them I get the jerkyness especially when there is a lot of movement on the screen,but I think this has to do with my dvd player cuz if I play the same movies on some different players they are fine,I think it has to do with the buffers in my player....this isn"t a sollution to yer problem but at least you know you aren"t alone.........

trinsic  2002-04-25 06:33:23 ( ID:mnpxjbcafpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found out that it was my mp2 decoder, i installed a new decoder for mp2 and the problem went away.

Question - TMPGEnc-2.53 program freezes No.19696
will  2002-04-23 06:00:08 ( ID:pscmpocc58h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when converting to mpeg files, the encoder freezes after 5-10 min
cannot figure whats wrong with it
need help

Dee  2002-04-25 05:29:00 ( ID:eytjysyndw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>when converting to mpeg files, the encoder freezes after 5-10 min
>cannot figure whats wrong with it
>need help

>I have the same problem. I'm on Xp with an Athlon xp 1800. I don't know if it's an xp thing or not.

Question - SVCD-CQ Template? No.19688
TC  2002-04-23 04:10:46 ( ID:lg9onkoo10l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used SVCD-CQ template for 1/2 dozen DVD->SVCD without ANY problems. Everything encoded perfect and was just the right size to get 1 DVD to 2 80 min CDR.

A couple of days ago I ripped 3 new DVD's and they are all blocky durring certain scenes. I have thus far: deleted the TmpGenc INI&CFG, replaced the CQ template from a backup, verified all of my settings and have looked over all of the CODECs on my machine and uninstalled and re-installed PowerDVD. I have tried Quality settings from 70-100 with the same output, blocky scenes. Last night I used the SVCD wizard which created an excellent encode but it is using CBR and the file is larger then what I care to have. The only thing I would like to add is that I had an XP profile error the other day and had to use a restore point,not sure if that could have effected the registry.

I think I have done everything but really could use someones expertise. I mean just last week everthing was perfect and now I am block city with my SVCD encodes (using CQ).

Please, anyone?

TC

sherlock  2002-04-23 04:35:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont know why you are haveing the problem with "cq" but you can use "cbr" and get a smaller file size if you just lower the bitrate a little bit, down to 2200 or 2000kbs the quality differance would be un-noticeable, you can just make your own templates to your own specs and use them .....it"s not a sollution to your "cq" problem but maybe a way around it......

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-23 09:47:39 ( ID:a1gdtat1r4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had the same problems with DVD things to SVCD.

It seems that if you stick to the SVCD standard you will run into problems in some scenes that will produce blockyness. This is visable if you encode a DVD trailer with fast movements etc.

Some blockyness you have to stick with but it should only be just visable in fast movig scenes, not the whole movie, if so the there is something wrong somewhere. Try and load a MFC file svcd file and just stick to constant bitrate (maximum setting 2530 or something like that) and set high motion search and maby you need to change field of order.

Then hit encode, let it encode for 3h, hit stop and check the en results, if there is something still wrong then you have some big problems.

Regards Dennis

TC  2002-04-23 15:43:41 ( ID:lg9onkoo10l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the responces!

Here is the funny thing I have not had a problem with, fast motion scenes. The problem is produced on still backgrounds in a scenes, when the camera is not moving. An example is Unbreakable, where on the train the camera moves between Willis and the woman and is shot from the seat in front of them. As soon as the camera stops the blocky starts on the texture of the seats. Last night I tried CQ template with the same results and then swtiched to 2-Pass VBR with equal results. When I tried Auto-VBR everything was as good as my original CBR encode. If it was a codec error would it not produce these reults bad results consistantly with any template? The bitch about it is that the CQ template was working perfect! So, Auto-VBR and CBR are the only setups that work.

Thanks again!

ASHY  2002-04-23 16:06:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have done a system restore then the only thing I can guess is that you have probably restored some different settings in TMPG.
Depending on how bad the blocks are you are talking about,as with the standard SCVD template the high speed scenes always give blockyness in TMPG which is why I personally don't use TMPG for MPEG2 encoding.
Also tick these options in the quantize matrix tab.

1. Output YUV data as basic YCbCr not CCIR601 - This will give the correct luminance scale for T.V

2. Use floating point DCT

3. No motion search for still picture part by half pixel

4.Soften block noise and make sure that Intra block and Non Intra block are set at 35. Don't believe anyone that tells you to put it at 100.
Intra block settings have been widely tested by experts and 35-45 is a very good setting and shouldn't be changed.

5. Make sure the setting is Default in the drop down menu

6. Under the GOP structure tab make sure Detect scene change is ticked only.

7. Use 'Constant quality(CQ)'and not 'Automatic VBR(CQ VBR)'

8. DCT component precision - 9 (faster movies use lower number, slower, smoother movies use higher number)

10. Bitrate Max - 4000 Min - 1800

12. Audio bitrate - 128 stereo if your player allows it.

11. VBV buffer 112

12. Motion search precision - Normal (this will reduce macro blocks, but don't bother using slowest method as the difference isn't that great considering the increased encoding time)

13. Under advanced - Top field first (Interlaced DVD's are usually top field first, but if you get weird artifacts on edges such as a combing effect on edges of fast moving objects then change the field order to bottom first)

This should give a nice picture quality with hardly any visible macroblocks and will just about fit a 100min movie on two 80mins cd's using the bitrates above.

That is all I can think of at the moment to improve things.
I would have sent you the template for this, but you don't have an email address.

Let me know how it turns out.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-23 16:14:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition to above I forgot to tell you to move the quality slider to 65.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-23 16:26:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way you may get better quality in still picture scenes using Automatic VBR but this is because in Automatic VBR mode more bitrate will be allocated to still parts when using the same settings as you would in CQ, but you will still get blockyness in fast moving scenes and will end up with a larger file size (sometimes quite a bit larger) due to higher bitrates in still scenes.

CQ is still the best way to go and will produce an overall better quality picture regarding the file size.

ASHY

TC  2002-04-23 17:14:48 ( ID:lg9onkoo10l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY thanks for the ALL of the info. I am encoding a clip right now, I have provided my e-mail. Would you mind sending me your CQ template? I think I have all the settings you mentioned right but just want to make sure. I also had a question about your CCE encoding (from a pervious post) but I will ask you later, one thing at a time.

Thanks Ashy!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.