TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 609 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question how can i load 7000 bmp pics to make an mpeg!? RobbyNitroz 2 2002-04-26 11:47:03
Question .d2v error dave 5 2002-04-27 05:01:29
Question Subtitles Petr@ 0 2002-04-26 07:14:05
Question Cutting MPEG into size to fit CDR Raul Rodriguez 3 2002-04-26 07:12:13
Question "P3Package Not Found" ??? mjroddy 1 2002-04-26 04:31:03
Question TMPG Enc shows too many frames for convertion nomen 1 2002-04-26 22:40:41
Question 2 pass VBR Bondiablo 6 2002-04-26 12:11:59
Question tmpgenc floating error , ying0yang 2 2002-04-26 18:48:46
Question Error Report Unset 1 2002-04-26 08:54:56
Question Burned vcd, but no sound on DVD player, but sound on computer? Kona 5 2002-04-26 13:17:12
Question Convert DivX multilanguage to VCD Erik 5 2002-04-25 23:29:08
Question avi to mpeg problems Captain Future 3 2002-04-26 18:39:28

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 609 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - how can i load 7000 bmp pics to make an mpeg!? No.19957
RobbyNitroz  2002-04-26 09:42:03 ( ID:/yfiwukypso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use 3dquest to make movies...and I render them to 7000 bmp movies, I want to turn them into a mpg movie. I see the bitmap option when I go to load videofile but how can I load all pics?! or isnt that an option?!
Virtual dub can do it and quiet fast too...but only too avi files :(

help :)

thanx in advance
RobbyNitroz

Minion  2002-04-26 09:56:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is only one thing I think you can do, probably the best is what you said load them in to virtua dub and make an avi. then load that in "tmpgenc". you can load them individualy in tmpgenc encode them and join them later but that would take forever.....

ASHY  2002-04-26 11:47:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Simple.
Just load the first bitmap as the video source and TMPG will automatically encode the rest in sequence.

ASHY

Question - .d2v error No.19951
dave  2002-04-26 07:58:10 ( ID:wwhj6bscy.r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why am I getting a .d2v error (file type not supported) when I try to use TMPGEnc to open the source file?

Minion  2002-04-26 08:24:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there are a few things that can cause this,you don"t have the "dvd2avi vfapi plugin", you have changed the name of or the position of a file that is in the path between your d2v file and "tmpgenc" or you have deleted or moved 0ne or more vob files from there source folder,if none of these apply to you just make a new d2v file and dont change any names or possitions of your vob files or any other files in the path between your movie file"s and tmpgenc....

ASHY  2002-04-26 11:50:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy this file DVD2AVI.vfp from your DVD2AVI folder into your TMPG folder where the TMPGEnc.exe is located then try again.

ASHY

Krit  2002-04-26 20:16:29 ( ID:v6dcjhiyiwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I follow your guys instructions, but I couldn't load a .d2va.

I read from vcdhelp.com that said VFAPI file was needed to be included in the same folder asTGMPGEnc.exe

Eventhough, I installed " dvd2avi vfapi plugin" into the same folder as TGMPGEnc.exe and copied DVD2AVI.vfp to paste into this folder too, the VFAPI file doesn't show up.

Any helps would be appreciated.

ASHY  2002-04-26 22:02:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Important: Make sure once you have created your .d2v file that you don't delete or move either the d2v file or the vobs.
Make sure this file 'DVD2AVI.vfp' is in your TMPGenc folder where the TMPGEnc.exe is located and not in the plugin folder.

Goto Option>enviromental setting and click the 'VFAPI Plug-in' tab and make sure you have the 'DVD2AVI project file reader' ticked and set all priorities to 0 by right clicking on the plugins and choosing 'Lower priority' from the menu.

If this doesn't get you going then I'm all outta ideas.

ASHY

Krit  2002-04-27 05:01:29 ( ID:v6dcjhiyiwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much Ashy, I did all of your suggestion before, but I didn't work. I don't know why after I left my computer for about 9 hours, and I just checked it again. This time is work.

Question - Subtitles No.19950
Petr@  2002-04-26 07:14:05 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to add subtitles to a movie in TMPGenc? Without using Vdub as a frameserver? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Question - Cutting MPEG into size to fit CDR No.19946
Raul Rodriguez  2002-04-26 04:16:15 ( ID:rvfhv70m8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone have a step by step instructions to cut a MPEG already in VCD format into sizes that fit CDR 800mb Media? I downloaded TMPGEnc, but I see how you can join two files but not how you can cut them?

Domo Arigato!
Raul

DJShrOOmZ  2002-04-26 06:01:21 ( ID:5d11mhsrkxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well i need to know the same so can someone help us both :P

Minion  2002-04-26 08:29:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to merge and cut, load your file in to it, choose your output file,click on your file then click "edit" a window will pop up and there you choose the length of file you wan"t, clock "ok" then click "go" and it will procede to make your file for you,but this feature does not allways work so it is better to just use the "source range" feature and just encode the movie in parts that you can fit on a cd......

mjroddy  2002-04-26 07:12:13 ( ID:osc6yalvy.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cool. Thanks for setting me straight. Now I see the search. D'OH!

mjr

Question - "P3Package Not Found" ??? No.19944
mjroddy  2002-04-26 03:48:14 ( ID:osc6yalvy.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I'm BRAND new to all this MPEG2 stuff. This program was recomended to me, so I dnld it, upzipped it to a folder called TMPGEnc and made a shortcut on my desktop.
When I double click on that, I get a wizard that won't go Next or Back. So I cancel.
Then I set up my source as an avi I created a few days ago (that I converted to mpeg1 using Media Cleaner Pro), and my destination. Select Start and get an error P3Package.dll not found.
Can anyone tell me what I may have done wrong? Or where to look for answers?
Thanks very much!!!

mjr

ffast  2002-04-26 04:31:03 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Type "P3Package" at the top of this BBS, then press "search".
This has been answerd so many times.

Please search before post.

Question - TMPG Enc shows too many frames for convertion No.19942
nomen  2002-04-26 02:16:16 ( ID:4d8mrjseuw. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem is only happening to one file that I'm trying to convert. I'm trying to convert a divx/mpg4 v3 file (29.97 frames per second, 43906 frames) to a VCD file (NTSC). For the original file to be converted, under Property-->Details-->Other information,it says Software Nandub v1.0rc2 (I don't know if this is causing the problem). When I try to convert the file to VCD readable MPEG2, TMPGEnc shows the length as 96810 frames. After the video runs out, the conversion continues. What is the problem, and how do I get around it (I have ver. 2.53 and I have tried enabling Source range and do not frame rate conversion, and neither option helps)? Thanks in advance.

ASHY  2002-04-26 22:40:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure how to correct the problem, but the simple thing to do is just stop the conversion when the video runs. It won't effect the rest of the movie that has already been encoded or if you've already encoded just trim off the excess using the MPEG tools.

ASHY

Question - 2 pass VBR No.19935
Bondiablo  2002-04-26 00:53:17 ( ID:jkjjxcwegkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When using the 2 pass variable bit rate to make a VCD do you need to change the steam type to something other than MPEG-1 Video-CD Standard for it to be effective? Is standard 1150 constant or can it just be 1150 average?

mGuru  2002-04-26 04:28:02 ( ID:ukutrhuhk8j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, while VCD is used by everyone as a generic term for movies, the word VCD actually denotes very specific settings in the video and audio streams. Thus to answer your question, a VCD must have 1150 CBR as a bitrate to be a VCD. XVCD's are VCD's that use a higher (or lower) constant bitrates. Lastly, technical VCD's do not use VBR (variable bitrate: 2+xPass), they are CBR or constant bitrate.

Now, a SVCD is maybe what you are talking about which is a variant MPEG-2 stream which can use either CBR or VBR. CBR is not an average, it is the bitrate for the entire stream. On the other hand, VBR does have settings for the low, average, and high bitrate targets. And they are "targets" not absolutes.

My suggestion is to use the wizard or the templates that come with TMPG if you are unsure.

Hope this was helpful,
mGuru

bondiablo  2002-04-26 04:42:07 ( ID:yudqpe7rw6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, I'm not talking about a SVCD but a VCD, though technically I guess it would be a XVCD even if the average bitrate is 1150. (Which is part of what I was asking.)

In the VCD Wizard template of TMPGEnc you can change from CBR to the 2 pass VBR. I'm just wondering what, if anything, you need to change the stream type to if you use the 2 pass VBR. MPEG1 VideoCD non standard or system VBR or...?

M.Bastian  2002-04-26 07:51:09 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCDs with MPEG1 VBR are possible and a short test with my Yamakawa showed no probs with playback. You have set the stream type to MPEG-1 VIDEO-CD non-standard.

For lots-o-good info regarding this look here:

http://forum.vcdhelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=84759

cheers

M.Bastian

M.Bastian  2002-04-26 07:59:34 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCDs with MPEG1 VBR are possible and a short test with my Yamakawa showed no probs with playback. You have set the stream type to MPEG-1 VIDEO-CD non-standard.

For lots-o-good info regarding this look here:

http://forum.vcdhelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=84759

cheers

M.Bastian

Minion  2002-04-26 08:34:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No you don"t need to change the stream type,but you are better off useing "cbr" for vcd"s,cuz dvd players that play vcd"s don""t like vbr mpeg1,cuz if the bitrate gets to low the dvd player can"t read it,unless you set the minimum bitrate to say 500kbs cuz lower that that your dvd player might choke on it...

ASHY  2002-04-26 12:11:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There should be no problem using VBR for MPEG1 if your DVD player isn't fussy and I think most DVD players will play a VBR MPEG1 movie.
But depending on your player you may have to work within certain constraints such as minimum bitrate level.
To be honest with you standard VCD just doesn't cut it for me. The quality is far to low and why waste the extra space on that 80min disk when you could easily up the average bitrate to 2000kbps for a regular movie.

My advice is to do a few small tests and see what your player can handle and use 'Constant quality(CQ)' not 'Automatic VBR(CQ) as this will give better overall quality for the file size.

For example the settings I would use for VCD are:
Minimum bitrate - 0
Maximum Bitrate - 4000
Quality - 100

For 2 pass:
Minimum bitrate - 0
Maximum Bitrate - 4000
Average 2000

and if you drop the audio bitrate down to 128kbps you will be able to up the Video bitrate even further, but remember to choose the non standard VCD option under the system Tab or TMPG will automatically pad the movie under a certain bitrate increasing the file size.

The above settings will give you a nice movie which should fit a 100min movie on 2 80mins cd's no prob.

Let us know how you go.

ASHY

Question - tmpgenc floating error , No.19932
ying0yang  2002-04-26 00:49:19 ( ID:kxutcubn5w. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

got an avi file that i want to encode in vcd . start tmpgenc floating error appear.

well , try virtual dub frame server with tmpgenc ; error disappear the encoding continue all the movie , but when i try to watch the mpg file , it still freezing at the same place that the floating error ???????????

do i mist somethings? help me please

maybe have not make the correct setting.

Minion  2002-04-26 08:16:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your avi file is corrupted,what you can do is try to make a copy with virtua dub and use that but you said that it still kept freezing at the same spot in virtua dub, this happens a lot if you download movies from the net,so you only have one option to try,un-check all the boxes in the "cpu" tab and the "quantize matrix" tab under "settings", then try to encode and if it freezes at the same spot again I think you are out of luck..

ASHY  2002-04-26 18:48:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download this program and run your avi through it http://free.top.bg/tenadownload2/avidefreezer.zip
then load your avi into TMPG.
If it gives you the floating point error try frameserving again with Virtualdub.

ASHY

Question - Error Report No.19930
Unset  2002-04-26 00:19:29 ( ID:jhpy0epvjw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and this happens when I load the movie. I can't even start encoding.

Minion  2002-04-26 08:54:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What Happens??????????

Question - Burned vcd, but no sound on DVD player, but sound on computer? No.19924
Kona  2002-04-25 22:33:12 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I burned a vcd, finally got it to work on dvd player, but no sound. If I run the vcd on computer it works fine. Any thoughts on this subject?

Minion  2002-04-25 22:38:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think your problem is your audio has to be at 41000khz and 224kbs or under,audio at 48000khz won"t play on yer dvd player,but you don"t have to re-encode the file just de-multiplex the mpeg file and load in yer audio to tmpgenc and convert the audio the multiplex them back together....

Kona  2002-04-25 22:52:08 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No offense, but I am not afraid to admit I am a newbie, lol. Now what the hell do you mean by "de-multiplex the mpeg file and load in yer audio to tmpgenc and convert the audio the multiplex them back together...." Sorry to be such a pain.

Kona  2002-04-25 22:57:44 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No offense, but I am not afraid to admit I am a newbie, lol. Now what the hell do you mean by "de-multiplex the mpeg file and load in yer audio to tmpgenc and convert the audio the multiplex them back together...." Sorry to be such a pain.

Kisoo Lim  2002-04-26 05:51:20 ( ID:ahu8pm.mhlm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Multiplexing means combining of sound and video.
De-multiplexing means seperating of sound and video.
Once your audio format is wrong, then you have to de-multiplex the sound and convert it to proper format for vcd. Finally you multiplex the new sound with previous video to mpeg-1 file for VCD.

ASHY  2002-04-26 13:17:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before de-multiplexing and loading anything anywhere you need to find out what the audio details are.
Download this program called Virtualdub http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1_4_10.zip
Then run the program and load your MPEG1 file.
When loaded click file in the options at the top then choose 'file information' from the menu.
Look at where it says 'audio track' in the box that pops up it should say 44khz stereo, 224kbps layer II.
If it doesn't your gonna have to re-encode your audio.

If you have the original AVI then load that into TMPG as the audio if not load your Mpeg instead as the audio then on the right where it says 'stream setting' click 'audio only'

Click setting then click the audio tab and set parameters as follows:
MPEG1 audio layer II
sampling frequency - 44100
Channel mode - stereo
Bitrate 224

Now encode. this will give you a new audio file with the extension .mp2
Note: if you have any problem changing settings click the load button and navigate to your TMPG folder. Inside the templates folder is a folder called 'Extra' which contains a file call 'unlock.mcf'
Double click it and the settings will unlock.

Now you will have to mutiplex your new audio with the video.
open the MPEG tools. Goto File>MPEG tools and load your Mpeg into the 'Video' box and re-encoded audio into the 'Audio' box under the 'Simple multiplex' tab
Choose your output (make sure it's not called the same as the input if it's in the same folder) and then click the button in the 'TYPE' box and choose 'MPEG-1 Video CD' from the drop down menu.
Now click run and your movie will combined, next just load your movie into your burning software making sure you choose the VCD option.

ASHY

Question - Convert DivX multilanguage to VCD No.19918
Erik  2002-04-25 22:18:01 ( ID:9m.zafzydpm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy,
I want to convert a DivX multilanguage movie to 1 language VCD (if possible 2 languages). When I convert I have no sound.

Any suggestions what to do?

Gideon  2002-04-25 22:23:45 ( ID:gk/qdyj6oo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can't you extract the audio with VirtualDub (www.vcdhelp.com) first and that way select the wanted stream of audio?

if so, you can save it as a *.WAV file and put it as an audio source in TMPGenc.

Cheers,

Gideon

Erik  2002-04-25 22:30:24 ( ID:9m.zafzydpm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I will try it, THX

ASHY  2002-04-25 23:22:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download this program http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avimux.html
It's probably the one they used to create the two streams, it will also let you remove a stream.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-25 23:23:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way Gideon I have replied to your post regarding aspect ratios.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-25 23:29:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry Erik I forgot to tell you one small point.
To make sure you select the right stream when you open the AVI with the program, just highlight it and right click on it, this will give you a box with some options. One of them will be play. This will then play the audio track so you know which one to choose.

ASHY

Question - avi to mpeg problems No.19914
Captain Future  2002-04-25 21:25:00 ( ID:hrbmue5ik0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some of my .avi's can not be loaded for conversion, while others do not have a problem at all. What is going wrong or what might be the difference ? How can I still encode them into MPEGs

Minion  2002-04-26 08:41:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is what is happening you are getting a "can not open or unsupported" error..if this is true,go to yer "vpapi plugins" and raise your "direct show" to "2" and lowere every thing else to "0" this should get your file loaded in "tmpgenc"...

Captain Future  2002-04-26 17:11:03 ( ID:hrbmue5ik0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the answer, put how can I change the figures. I tried it but it doe not work.

ASHY  2002-04-26 18:39:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right click on the plugin and a menu will pop up.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.