TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 463 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question SVCD on 2 80 minutes CDs Jolo 3 2002-08-03 04:26:51
Question Can't load P3Package.dll ???? HungryHaggis 2 2002-08-03 04:04:33
Question Illegal Mpeg Video Error... ??? Destiny 1 2002-08-02 21:41:26
Question streaming and packet error darknight 1 2002-08-02 21:39:21
Question Error 16 16? JoeyT 2 2002-08-07 16:40:50
Question Error : Please Help Destiny 0 2002-08-01 23:31:18
Question video enhancer question Neotetsuo82 2 2002-08-02 13:54:57
Question Help me mélanie 1 2002-08-01 21:52:42
Question Audio displays but does not encode knish 1 2002-08-01 21:50:40
Question sahy/griff sorry guys need your brains again moviemicky 6 2002-08-03 02:43:19
Question .VOB Conversion To MPEG2 Bill 13 2002-08-03 02:00:44
Bug report PAL to NTSC Jeff 3 2002-08-02 21:29:38

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 463 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - SVCD on 2 80 minutes CDs No.25958
Jolo  2002-08-02 20:14:08 ( ID:f6di8z2bxaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is probably a lame question (not the audio encoder lame), but when I am encoding SVCDs fron Divx (avi) files, sometimes quality is the most important factor and I let it go for 3 CDs worth.

There are other times when I wouldn't mind making the quality is little less and having it take up 2, 80 minutes CDs.

What do I need to set in Tmpgenc for 2 80 minutes CDs ?

Thanks in advance,

Jolo

Minion  2002-08-02 21:54:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should be able to fit 90-120 minutes on 2 cd-r"s in svcd format without much trouble.I suppose you are just useing the svcd template? or you wouldn"t be asking how to make your files smaller, ok, last night i did 2 48 minute svcd"s and they were each about 750mb and the quality was great.The settings were useing the CQ(Constant Quality)with a maximum bitrate of 4500kbs and a minimum bitrate of 750kbs and the quality at 85, with these settings you should be able to get 50 minutes of svcd on a cd-r and if you want to get more try putting the quality down to 80 then you might get close to 55-60minutes.and putting the audio bitrate down to 128kbs will give you more space for video without looseing noticeable audio quality..

jolo  2002-08-03 03:59:53 ( ID:f6di8z2bxaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am just using the SVCD template. The answer is yes, I use the templates which come with Tmpgenc, but make a change or 2 for high quality(slow) and to use full screen (keep aspect ratio).

Am I reading too much into your reply that might be saying that there are some custom templates that might do what I want to do or are "better" than the ones that come with the software ?

Thanks,

Jolo

Minion  2002-08-03 04:26:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes and No, you do not need to use a template to encode, i usually don"t or use one then change the settings, or you can make your own Templates, the Templates are Pre-defined settings that exactly match the Specifications for that format meaning the svcd templates are for makeing standard compliant svcd files, the thing is that most dvd/vcd players will play svcd/vcd"s that are out of specifications, some more than others, some players will let you play a mpeg movie with a resolution of 704 by 480 with a bitrate of 5000kbs and some won"t let you change the bitrate or resolution at all, but most allow for some augmentation of the svcd/vcd specification, to find out what your dvd player will play go to "http://www.vcdhelp.com/ and they have a section on dvd players and what they are compatible with, this is stuff the manual won"t tell you..ok, to change the settings you might have to load the "unlock.mfc" template from the "extra" folder after you load the svcd template and after you are done with the settings and you want to save them as a template just go to the "save" button in the bottom right of the tmpgenc screen then name your template and thats it you have made a template....good luck

Question - Can't load P3Package.dll ???? No.25955
HungryHaggis  2002-08-02 19:10:08 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed the latest copy (first time install) and I get the following error code when trying to recode an AVI file ?
Any idea ?

Minion  2002-08-02 21:43:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you have all the Tmpgenc files in the same folder then you can try copy and pasteing the "p3p package.dll" to the "system" and "system32" folder and this should work......

jolo  2002-08-03 04:04:33 ( ID:f6di8z2bxaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ooops, as I reply to myself.

I forgot probably the most important setting that is changed from the defaults in toolame gui. That is to change the default rate to 224. -b.

Question - Illegal Mpeg Video Error... ??? No.25953
Destiny  2002-08-02 11:39:27 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recieve an error meesage when I Cut a file into half. I can cut the first file Ok but the second half of the file I recieve an error saying

"illegal MPEG Video Stream " .

Can anyone Help me please. Can someone also please answer my other question I left a few days ago. Thanks.

akaid24@ntlworld.com

Regards..................Akaid

Minion  2002-08-02 21:41:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The best thing to do instead of waiting for the "merge & cut" to work is to use a different mpeg editor, you can download a few at http://www.apachez.net
and go to the Tools section and there are a few mpeg editors there for download......

Question - streaming and packet error No.25951
darknight  2002-08-02 07:17:15 ( ID:mkyklv/5yd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i was using simple multipex in the mpeg tools option, i was trying to make my svcd file to have a vcd file to trick my standalone dvd player but ive been getting error windows saying "streaming error" or "this is not safe to play in a dvd player or something like that".

what should i do to avoid this?

thanx

Minion  2002-08-02 21:39:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was the error something like "****** number of packets caused buffer underflow, the mpeg might cause errors when played"??? When you are Multiplexing Tmpgenc analizes the mpeg stream cuz it realignes the packets, so instead of putting your svcd file into the Multiplexor load the svcd file into the "Merge & cut" choose "mpeg1/vcd non-standard from the dropdown menu then choose your output directory then click run.It will put a vcd header on your file without analizeing the mpeg stream and there for should not give you the error...

Question - Error 16 16? No.25948
JoeyT  2002-08-02 02:55:55 ( ID:/jmhjccowoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an avi to an mpeg. When I start the process I get a dialog box that says "error 16 16".

Does anyone know what this means?

ASHY  2002-08-02 18:37:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe your source AVI isn't in multiples of 8 which means your horizontal and vertical resolution need to be in a multiple of 16 otherwise the movie will cause an error because the size is illegal.

Have a look at the resolution in Virtualdub and if it isn't a multiple of 16 then alter the movie so it is then frameserve it to TMPG.

ASHY

leichteMuh  2002-08-07 16:40:50 ( ID:ts.rbqic1fg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i get this dialog box too, allways with other two numbers ... but when i often restart the batch job the dialog box doesn't appear ??? and it converts the video?!?

Question - Error : Please Help No.25947
Destiny  2002-08-01 23:31:18 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i encode Divx fils to Mpeg layer2 i seem to get the following error, usually between 2% - 25% into encoding . Please help.

" Write Error occurred at Address 00486f76 of module tmpge.exe with 001fd000"

This messages appears quite regularly when encoding divx, howver the numbers in the error seems to vary.

email: akaid24@ntlworld.com

thanks.AQ

Question - video enhancer question No.25944
Neotetsuo82  Home )  2002-08-01 23:24:57 ( ID:yyf9xwk7awf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wihen i ever try to create a VCD video out of a divx file, i notice when you convert it to a 29.5 NSTC(or whatever) the video resolution isnt really that great. is there any way to enhance the video and upgrade the quality of the origional video file or create a better one? i know you cant make a flawless VCD but and enhancment would be great. if someone knows how, please tell me.

much abliged

Minion  2002-08-02 03:19:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can make your VCD look allmost as good as your DivX, if you are useing the standard VCD Template you will notice Macro Blocks quite a bit cuz the standard VCD Bitrate isn"t High enough to eliminate the Blocks so you will notice quite a bit of improvement if you raise the Bitrate, if you raise it to about 1650kbs the image will be much better or better yet if you use the CQ encodeing method and raise the bitrate to 5000kbs max and 750kbs min and 85 quality you will notice quite a bit better quality and the file wont be that much bigger, you could probably get at least 60min on a cd-r..You can also use the color filters to adjust the image quality but this can make encodeing take much longer....good luck

PS: You will need to load the "unlock.mfc" template
before you can raise the bitrate...

M.Bastian  2002-08-02 13:54:57 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Be sure to make an short clip first to see if your standalone player can handle the raised bitrate.
Every new encoding will decrease detail and possibly add artifacts.

http://www.dvd-svcd-forum.de/phorum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=12;t=717;hl=yuv

Under the Link there is an divX optimized matrix 'Andreas DivX 01 (fuer DivX Quellen)' you might want to try.

cheers

Rookie

Question - Help me No.25942
mélanie  2002-08-01 20:54:34 ( ID:0lilphiq3sm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I begin in data processing, in particular for encoder of films. I succeeded in passing from the DIVIX to the MPEG, but the problem, it is that I do not manage to obtain from sound.

Thank you for your assistance because I have really difficulties in find the solution.

M&eacute;lanie

Minion  2002-08-01 21:52:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio in the Divx file probably wasn"t supported in tmpgenc, you will need to extract the audio from the divx file to a wav file with "virtual dub" and use that as the audio source, but if the audio is AC3 then you will need to extract the audio with an AC3 decoder........

Question - Audio displays but does not encode No.25940
knish  2002-08-01 18:01:22 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using TMPGEnc (2.57), and using a .wav as source. The wav has sound in it and plays fine in all players. When I encode, the audio displays in TMPGEnc (in the source range configuration screen), but the final mpg does not have sound.

Previously wav audio was not even displaying, so I feel like I am making some progress :)

knish.

Minion  2002-08-01 21:50:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have no idea why the wav file isn"t encodeing accept maybe you need to raise the priority of the "Wav file reader" but if you cant get tmpgenc to encode the audio you can use a different audio encoder to encode the audio to mp2, I use "DB Power amp" with the "mp2 codec" it is a free audio encoder and will encode your audio to vcd/svcd compliant mp2 audio files,you can also use differant audio encoders with Tmpgenc, the good ones are "Toolame" and "SCMPX" you can find them on a search engine and you install them in tmpgenc bu going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "external tools" and then just browse for the encoders "exe" file and thats it...these encoders are much better than the one in tmpgenc.......

Question - sahy/griff sorry guys need your brains again No.25933
moviemicky  2002-08-01 17:56:56 ( ID:tegodoq9emw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok as i entioned i went away and messed around a bit converting the vob's to avi and trying differant ways to burn it to a dvd. i an stuck on this bit where the audio has been seperated.

now if this was an mpeg file as stated i ust merge using mpeg tools, but this is an avi.

do u know how i would import that audio in to virtualdub and then re-scyn both files?? i can find how to, trouble finding a bbs for it aswell.

this is a wav file

is their a way to stop the 2 files beenig seperated when dvd2avi creates this avi file?

just doing this too see if i can do it differant ways.

any help would be greateful lads.

thx

ASHY  2002-08-01 18:22:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suppose you are just doing this as a test as I wouldn't advise creating an intermediate AVI with DVD2AVI. Not only because of the quality loss, but also because of the speed aspect.
You will have much better results, creating an MPEG direct from the VOBS via a d2v project than you cloud expect using an AVI.

Anyhow if you multiplex the audio with the movie you will end up with quite a large AVI as you are using a wav file as the audio. It is better to either select mp3 as the audio in DVD2AVI or just use the direct copy option to extract the ac3 audio to a seperate file and then use Virtualdub_ac3 to mutiplex the two together.

To multiplex with Virtualdub_ac3 load in your AVI, click 'audio', in the menu will be ac3 audio or wav audio. Choose one then click direct stream copy. Next click the 'video' tab and chose direct stream copy from the menu.
Now click File>save as AVI and choose a destination for the file, your avi will now be created and mutiplexed with the audio.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-01 21:44:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another thing you can do is instead of makeing an avi file (for what ever reason?)is load the D2V file into "vfapi converter" and it will make an avi for you in about 5 seconds that you can use for what ever purpose you feel you need to make an avi for........

moviemicky  2002-08-02 01:13:18 ( ID:i7dsxxhpfzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just doing it too mess around an experiment

thx for the info any way

i now have a problem when multiplexing too mpeg, the ac3 file is mpeg 1 dose this affect mpeg 2, as i have checked propities and it states its video/audio files and when i look to see it de-multiplex there is a audio file their ??

strange it worked fine the other day, i will look throught the boards to see if it has been asnwered

Minion  2002-08-02 03:25:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You said "The AC3 File is Mpeg-1 does this affect mpeg-2?" I don"t really understand what you mean, do you mean you encoded the AC3 to Mpeg-1 and was wondering if that affects mpeg-2, Haveing Mpeg-1 audio does not affect haveing mpeg-2 Video..

moviemicky  2002-08-02 10:53:53 ( ID:tsa5v7h1bgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry minion correct

the audio is mpeg 1 audio layer 2 48000hz 384kbps

picture mpeg 2 720x576 25fps 8000kbps

i'm doing some wrong or have forgottern to do some think, but what ?? :(

Minion  2002-08-03 02:43:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like you file should be fine for Pal DVD, you said your problem is with multiplexing?From reading your posts I have a feeling that your video file is "mpg" not "m2v" or "mpv" and mpg file has video and audio but a raw mpeg2 video stream is a "m2v" or "mpv" so try loading the "mpg" video into the de-muxer and de-mux and save the video ,now the video should be a "m2v" file , now use the multiplexor and mux the audio file to it. I don"t know if your video file is a mpg file or a m2v file but if it is a mpg file and you have a seperate audio file then try what I sugested it might work....

Question - .VOB Conversion To MPEG2 No.25919
Bill  2002-08-01 16:38:00 ( ID:4/6vonm6cyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good Morning,

Can anyone suggest a good process for converting .VOB files to MPEG 2 files? Thanks!

felicio  2002-08-01 17:58:40 ( ID:ag3y80mc2wn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i´m also looking for something to change .vob to avi or to mpeg2.
I thought tmpgenc could do that but it doesn´t, or it does?
please let me know if you find the solution
thanks
felicio

knish  2002-08-01 18:03:51 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://forum.vcdhelp.com/userguides/94288.php

ASHY  2002-08-01 18:29:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The easisest,fastest and most reliable way is to use DVD2AVI.
Click here for info: http://www.vcdhelp.com/sefy/frameserv1.html

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-01 21:32:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can also frame serve quite easily useing the "vfapi converter" after extracting the audio to a wav file of just extracting the AC3 you can load the VOB into the vfapi converter and make a psudo avi and then encode that to mpeg but still DVD2AVI is the best way.......

ASHY  2002-08-01 22:12:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure Minion? I don't think the VFAPI converter accepts VOBS. As far as I'm aware the VFAPI converter only accepts VFAPI project files from software which installs a VFAPI plugin.
Just tried it and it won't accept VOBS.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 04:57:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can get the "Vfapi converter" to accept"mpg,m2v,vob,tpr,d2v,m1v"but to get it to accept anything other than "d2v and "tpr" files you need to have the "Mpeg-2 vfapi Plugin" installed,I just realized this a week ago cuz on my old system I could get it to accept the mpeg format files but when i installed it on my new system It would only accept D2v and TPR files then i tried installing the Mpeg-2 Vfapi Plugin and now it works for Vob and mpeg video files but it only frame serves the video in mpeg file and vob files...

ASHY  2002-08-02 18:27:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, your right Minion. It does accept VOBS and MPEG after intalling the plugin, but it's very slow at loading VOBS and will only accept MPEG2 files not MPEG1 plus the plugin is very slow at decoding. I have noticed this when tryong to encode from MPEG2 in TMPG. The encoding takes 3-4 times longer than with the LIGOS filters installed.
DVD2AVI is still the best way to go I would say or for the fastest frame serving there is and way faster than TMPG you can't beat DVD2AVI>AVIsynth>CCE.

Does a 2 hr MPEG2 movie in just over an hour.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 21:25:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your right it is very slow with Vob files but with D2V files it is pretty good and with TPR files it isn"t bad, I use dvd2avi then Tmpgenc(to resize and de-interlace) then Vfapi converter then CCE and I encode at close to Real time on My 1.7ghz which isn"t bad considering frame serveing through 3 different programs..I"m sure if they did some improvements on the Mpeg2 plugin it would be a great mpeg frame server but it still is pretty good for d2v and tpr files........

ASHY  2002-08-02 22:05:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to use the same method until I found out I could do it easier and faster with AVIsynth.

Download yourself a copy of the Gordian knot package from dooms site.
It contains all you need to get started with AVIsynth.

Gordian knot opens the d2v file and allows you to visually do the resizing similar to how TMPG does it the when your happy with the size it will create the AVIsynth file which you simply load into CCE 2.50.

Tip: when you decide to create the AVIsynth file remeber to check the 'Fool CCE' option under extras in the pop up box otherwise you may have problems loading the file into CCE.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 22:18:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Great, thanx Ashy, but will AVISynth work with CCE 2.62 cuz that is the only version that is stable on my machine?? but I will go and download it and try to get it working.........you rule....Thanx

ASHY  2002-08-02 22:43:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No no other version works except 2.50. This version should work fine on your system. I have used it on 98/Me and windows xp. What you need to remember is that CCE always expects and audio file to be present.
If there isn't it will crash. As you probably realise there is no audio with a d2v project file, this is why it is important to check the 'Fool CCE' option in Gordian knot as this will fool CCE into thinking audio is present. It is then a simple case of unchecking the audio in CCE or loading a wav file instead.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-03 00:08:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK,I got 2.50 to work on my system and was able to set it up to encode a avs file but no matter what i do the avs file allways has a framerate of 25fps even when it is set to 29.97fps and NTSC, and it won"t accept re-sized d2v files but that isn"t a problem, I"ll just keep fooling with it till I get it working.But i have noticed that the 2.50 version isn"t quite as good for quality as the 2.62 version i guess that is because there is no choice of matrix, I just hope the De-interlace works cuz if I don"t get proper de-interlace my CCE files play realy jumpy on my dvd player, but I"m sure I"ll figure it out...Thanx again Ashy.......

Minion  2002-08-03 02:00:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I fixed it ,it was a problem with it not recognizeing d2v files from the new dvd2avi version so I downloaded the 1.76 and it sees the frame rate properly now, and it seems that the de-interlace works fine but the quality of the 2.50 version isn"t quite as good 2.62 and I get a bit of jumpy playback but it is about 15-20% faster than vfapi converter, I tried loading the AVS file into Tmpgenc after setting up the readavs.dll registry entry for tmpgenc but i keep getting a "Floating Decimal is divided by 0" error..But it seems that the "vfapi converter" is faster than Avi synth if I just load the d2v file into it then encode but the re-sizeing in Tmpgenc slows it way down. I just with I could either de-interlace and do a proper resizeing with DVD2AVI or get AVISynth to work with 2.62 or 2.64, ohh well i guess 3 hours for a 2 hour movie at 704 by 480 isn"t a bad encodeing speed...Thanx again Ashy.

Bug report - PAL to NTSC No.25915
Jeff  2002-08-01 14:58:08 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Version 2.57 has a bug. When it opens a PAL mpeg-1 clip it does not read the audio track and hence it produces an mpeg-1 vcd without audio. I am using the VCD (NTSC) template. This type of problem does not exist in 2.56.

Minion  2002-08-01 21:40:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is because the audio from the mpeg file is mp2 and is a compressed source and tmpgenc does"t like encoding compressed streams it can do it but seems to have problems with it at times, you should just de-mux the audio from the mpeg files you are encodeing to mpeg and just encode the video and mux the audio to the encoded mpeg file....

ASHY  2002-08-01 22:29:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, why do u wish to encode the audio again? It is already in the correct format for MPEG. Just mutiplex the audio with your re-encoded MPEG.

Also as a note to you. You will find that converting PAL to NTSC with TMPG will result in a jeky movie. You will notice that the image stutters as it plays.

There are guides on this BBS for correct framerate conversion.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 21:29:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a new program out called "DV Film maker" that converts Pal avi to Ntsc avi and does a true ntsc conversion with 60 fields a demo can be downloaded at :http://2002dvdinfo.org/main.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.